All hotels in Yorktown, Virginia, United States of America
200 Cybernetics Way, Yorktown, VA, 23693, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Kiln Creek"
Spacious suite, comfortable rooms. Bkfst bar just OK, not great.
6 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
patricia
"Exceptional"
My hubby and I needed this restful weekend. Everybody was wonderful. He and I will surely come back again. I like the ideal of the kitchen in the room. Even though we didn't cook it was just the ideal that it was there. Thanks for everything. This place is our new secret getaway. Blessings!
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Pastor Roz
"decent enough"
Not what i expected from a town place hotel not as good as others.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Rates were reasonable, staff was more than friendly and helpful. I am not used to a memory foam mattress, so didn't sleep well, but it was new, no bed bugs!!! (I always check!) The room itself was very clean, kitchen in good repair and working order. We could not hear noises outside our room. Located close to town, in a quiet neighborhood. Over all, we were very pleased with out stay.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
W. Billings
"Lovely"
Thank you for a lovely stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was spotless. Mattress was a good quality memory foam. No bed bugs (I check). Rates reasonable.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
ALBILLINGS
"Affordable and comfortable lodging"
We were coming for a vacation in Williamsburg, and admittedly, this hotel was a bit far--20 miles via highway. Though technically located in Yorktown, this hotel is definitely closer to Newport News, Yorktown being as far away as Williamsburg. However, my family of four stayed in a two-bedroom suite, which was lovely: clean, spacious, and very comfortable. There was some noise when we were sleeping, and the breakfast options are mostly basic, but certainly sufficient. The hotel is located near a park and several restaurants, a large supermarket, K-mart, etc., though we didn't end up using most of these, since we were mostly in Williamsburg.
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
"Excellent stay"
We had a two bedroom suite and loved it. It was perfect for the amount of people. The only downfall is that there is no pool or anything indoors for your stay. You'd think for the price the amenities might be a little better.
3 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Christina
"Very nice place, but...."
The hotel itself was very nice, clean etc. Unfortunately, the hotel was undergoing some construction and they decided that it would be fine to start working on the rough outside of my window at 8:30 am. Not only were they working, but the way the hotel was laid out the workers could see directly into my room and I could see them eye-to-eye. I went to the manger and told her of my concerns and she apologized and gave me meager 20% back on my room. I didn't want to argue with her in front of guests, but the situation was horrible. Nothing like waking up to a man that can see directly into your bed first thing in the morning... ugh
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Decent hotel"
Decent hotel. Okay continental breakfast (muffins, cereal). The staff is very friendly. The area is kind of lame; lots of chain restaurants and you need a car to get around.
6 night business trip Oct 27, 2013
Jamie
This hotel is extremely nice especially for the price of the rooms. I was attending 3 nights of concerts at Hampton Coliseum and I was only 8 miles away at the location. Many good mid priced restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend staying here and will do so myself when back in the area!
4 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Hotel in perfect location and comfortable."
I stay the TownePlace Suites by Marriott every time I come to town wether it is for business or visiting family. The hotel is in a very good location to access all the best sightseeing opportunities. It is also nearby many of the bases in the area where I conduct my business, but yet far enough away to seem like you are in the country. The room is very comfortable with a full kitchen that you don't see in many places these days anymore.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Dennis
"all good for last minute stay."
The area perfect. The hotel clean and nice but one exit door was broken but fixed by that night. The mattress was a little to soft bit the sleepy was great. The front desk was knowledgeable and hospitable plus made great cookies. Woke up too late for breakfast so missed out. Great stay.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"The bed was very comfortable!"
The staff was great. The room was spacious & comfortable.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Todd Munson

TripAdvisor reviews for TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown

"Very nice"
06/17/15 Bindy5London_Ontario London, Ontario
We stayed here for three night and completely enjoyed ourselves. The room, while not huge, was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and very welcome. Pool was very nice and clean. There are a number of excellent restaurants close by - we tried both the Mexican and Japanese nearby. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, an excellent stay
"Good Economy Extended Stay Lodging"
06/11/15 ohgeorge Naples, FL
This low-cost Marriott unit was built in 1998 and refurbished to a very high standard in 2013. Lots of pluses that include friendly staff, cooperative managers, relatively clean and well maintained rooms and public areas. This being an extended stay facility units have a fully equipped kitchen. It's minuses include smallish baths, tight public breakfast area and tiny workout room. The place draws many patrons from the military as it serves as temporary lodging for families being transferred. All that we met were very nice service men and women and their children. We do not have pets, but the place is pet friendly. It is within a block or two of walmart and Krogers, a grocery super market.
"Yikes, this is a Marriott?"
05/28/15 saratogasilks Saratoga Springs, New York
I was doing extended stay, so transferred from Marriott City Center (no microwave and $14 breakfasts) to here. Great location, easy access off major highway, grocery store and shopping across the street, quiet dead end area, my room overlooked pond/river with fountain trees and grassy stretch, very pretty. My first night I noticed stains on the bed sheets, next were stains on the kitchen towels, then stains on the bath mats. This was distinctly gross. No real sitting area separate from bed area, bathroom small. I managed for a week then transferred to one exit further north, Marriott Residence Airport, MUCH nicer facility. Miss the shopping, but that's about it. I think this facility will be sold to Comfort Inns, lesser quality is evident.
"FANTASTIC Staff"
05/19/15 JPlatner Washington DC, District of Columbia
Long term stay hotels are certainly a bit different than what you expect to receive in a traditional hotel, but this towne place suites is perfect for an extended stay. The hotel is dog friendly which is great, and has a great lake and park for you to walk your dog around! There are a number of restaurants including a; steak house, mexican restaurant, and a red robin. There are a number of grocery stores, a movie theater and a walmart within a few minute drive also. There is complimentary laundry soap + drier sheets, and continental breakfast included. The rooms are average, but have in unit kitchens including pans and dishes. What really sets this hotel apart however is the staff, everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers are extremely nice and helpful. Can't say enough good things! I have really enjoyed my two months here, and look forward to the next.
"Quality room with EXCELLENT customer service"
04/25/15 Josh D Yorktown, Virginia
I've stayed in several extended stay hotels, and so far, this one tops them all. The location is perfect because it's at the end of a dead end road, surrounded by trees, a large pond, and very nice homes. If peace and quiet from the outside is what you're looking for, this place has it. Also, it's conveniently located near Texas Roadhouse, Ruby Tuesdays, and the best sushi place in Hampton roads, Saisaki Asian Bistro (check it out if you like sushi!). The rooms are located in two separate buildings split by the main road and parking. If you live in the building opposite the office and everything else, you have to walk outside in the cold mornings for breakfast, but it's not all that bad. I've dealt with the front desk staff a few times, and they've been nothing but courteous and helpful. In fact, they go above and beyond. It turns out my skin is sensitive, and gets irritated by the detergent they use to wash the linen. The operations supervisor promised she would go buy the type of detergent I use for my clothes that night, and wash linen specifically for me to have the next day. Never in any of my travels have I been treated so well by hotel staff for rooms in this price range. The continental breakfast is pretty nice. Monday - Friday it's open from 6-9am and Saturday-Sunday from 7-10am. The breakfast area is small, but they offer quite a bit of options you can easily take back to your room. Individually wrapped bagels, English muffins, and toast are available with an assortment of jelly and cream cheese, as well as hard boiled eggs, multiple brands of cereal, several types of yogurt, juices, granola bars, muffins, and most importantly, coffee (dark, house, and decaf). The exercise room is very small, with only a few machines to use. If you're looking to go for a jog, I recommend just running outside because the surrounding area is very pretty. Finally, the rooms. I'm more than happy about them. The kitchen has an oven, range top, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and a dishwasher. Obviously, if you're staying at an extended stay hotel, you're doing so for the option of making your own meals as opposed to dining out constantly. This place makes that task very easy. There is a grocery store 2 minutes away, and that's if you get the stop light red. The bed is extremely comfortable for a hotel. If you're expecting you're bed from home, you won't be as happy as I am, but if you're used to hard hotel beds, you're in for a treat. I've yet to have a bad nights rest. There is an LG 32" HDTV on a swivel, so you can easily adjust it to watch from your bed, on the sofa, or while at your desk. It has a wide variety of regular and hd channels. it also has HBO in HD. The bathroom is big enough, although I'm staying here by myself. I imagine it could get crowded quickly if your family is with you. Ok, so there are a few things about my stay I'm not thrilled with, but in no way will it prevent me from recommending this place. - the free wifi is pretty slow, especially during peak hours. If Netflix is your thing, expect long buffering periods, or opt for the better wifi thats 4.99 extra per day. - the walls are kinda thin. I had loud neighbors for a few nights, and it was miserable, but they didn't stay long. Also, I'm sure the front desk would help out if necessary. - I'm 6'3, and when standing in the shower, I'm a few inches from hitting my head on the ceiling. So if your 6'5 or above, expect to take a shower hunched over or while bending your knees. All in all, this place is an absolutely great deal for the money. If I come back here for business again, I'll definitely be staying here.
"Comfortable rooms, convenient location not far from tourist attractions"
04/21/15 nquinby Germantown, Maryland
Hotel is located near a strip shopping mall with a grocery store, gas, and restaurants nearby so that made if very convenient whether you want to shop & cook or eat out. I really like the convenience of having the kitchen and a larger refrigerator when I am staying multiple days at one location. Bed was super-comfortable and so nice to have a sofa to chillax on. Nice large desk area so you can spread out. Breakfast was OK - cereal, yogurt, toast/bagel, muffins. Wold be nice to have something hot, like a breakfast sandwich you could microwave.
"Clean, Comfortable, Roomy"
03/21/15 agapeMom Raleigh, North Carolina
Great hotel. Designed for extended stays, suites are outfitted with complete kitchens -- including stove with oven and full sized refrigerator/freezer. Room is serviced by housekeepers only once weekly unless requested otherwise by guests. We were able to get fresh towels when needed by simply asking the front desk. Room was VERY spacious with a nice bathroom and large closet. There was a large business desk and a separate work table in our room. We also had a couch, coffee table and flat screen television. Our bed was full sized with white lines and very very comfortable. Breakfast was good and the hotel also has a small but adequate work-out room and coin-operated laundry. Hotel is in walking distance of several restaurants and shopping center with grocery store is right across the highway. We will look forward to staying here again.
"Very Nice"
03/17/15 Swmparent2 Forest, Virginia
Stayed here for 1 night. Front desk guy was very good! Gave us a bag with 2 waters, 2 granola bars & a microwave bag of popcorn. Not sure if this is standard or for Marriott Reward members, but nice touch. We had a queen studio, very ample space. Bed was comfortable & linens nice . There is also a kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, microwave & stove . Plates, utensils also provided. Couldn't have been nicer. Bit hard to find, turn beside Courtyard & it's tucked at the end of that street. Would recommend!
"Great CLEAN and friendly place to stay"
09/04/14 Rose C Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Stayed with them from Friday, August 29 through Wednesday September 3. It was a last minute getaway before the kids went back to school on September 4. We chose this location because it was in between everything we wanted to do. Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Jamestown, etc.... Check in went smooth, in fact we got an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was roomy for our family of 3. Kitchen had new stainless steel fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Granite kitchen counters. Deep stainless steel sink and they gave us dishwashing liquid, automatic dishwashing pods and paper towels. Kitchen was stocked with everything we needed (pot, pans, dishes, colander, cookie sheet, silverware, toaster, coffee pot, pot holders, cooking utensils etc.....) Everything worked, and nothing was broken. Beds were super comfortable. I asked for a feather free room, as I am allergic, and they accommodated my request. I am very allergic to dust, feathers, mold, etc... and I was very comfortable in this suite. I did not sneeze once. I have stayed with family before that doesn't vacuum and dust, and I have been a non-stop sneezing machine. Not at this hotel. Everything was clean. I even walked on the carpeting with white socks to see if my socks got dirtied, and they didn't. When a floor can pass the white sock test, it is a good sign. The bathroom had a full tub and shower and they gave us little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and soap. The two bedrooms had very comfortable beds; the master had a desk as well. The living area had a sleeper sofa and a comfy chair with a flat panel TV. Flat panel TV’s were in each bedroom as well. Nice selection of channels. We also had a comfortable table that sat three people for eating. The windows were new and the curtains were white and clean. The bedspreads were also white and spotless. There was a pool outside, but we didn't use it. They have seating in the pool area, and tables with a gas grill if you want to grill. We saw a family one night grilling hamburgers and eating outside at one of the tables. The WiFi worked well and it allowed us to use our IPAD, and research things in the area. The WiFi was free. If you forget your IPAD or your phone doesn't cooperate, they have a small business center in the lobby with one small computer you can use for free. They served a continental breakfast. Cereal, bagels, English muffins, packages of instant grits and oatmeal with condiments for the oatmeal (raisins, walnuts, brown sugar) and some sort of pastry. Juice, coffee, tea and one morning they even had hard boiled eggs. They had the usual condiments, like peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, etc... They had fruit out in large bowls all the time, even when it wasn't breakfast. The apples and bananas were good. In the early evening, they put out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. They were delicious. My husband enjoyed the free USA newspaper every morning with his breakfast. My usual breakfast was an English muffin with peanut butter, fruit, juice and coffee. My daughter loved making oatmeal and having fruit. My husband had his cereal with fruit, coffee and juice. We got a refresh service, where they came in and took out the garbage, made the beds, and gave us new towels. They also replaced things we had used in the kitchen, like the dishwasher pods, coffee for the coffeemaker, and gave us new dishtowels. We used the laundry area a few times (washing beach towels, swim suits, etc...) It is $1 for the wash machine and $1 for the dryer (all quarters). They provide you with the soap and dryer sheets. Everyone was friendly. They answered questions about Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, Jamestown, etc.... The morning lady was very friendly, smiling, and always telling us that if we needed anything, we can just ask. There was always plenty of parking when we got back from our daily trips. We went to Colonial Williamsburg, toured the campus of the College of William and Mary, did a tour of the Norfolk, Naval Base, went to Virginia Beach a couple of times, and went fishing on a party boat in Hampton. Our family had a great time. The location was perfect. We were on the second floor. We don't believe anyone was above us, because it was very quiet. There are 3 floors, and they have elevators if you don't want to use the stairs. Noise was not a factor and we slept and stayed peacefully. This is a pet friendly hotel. We met a couple of really nice dogs. Oakley was one dog, and another puppy, whose name I don't remember... All well behaved, adorable, dogs. So nice to know that the option is available. Our dog passed away a year ago, but I would have loved a hotel such as this that would have accomodated her. In our house, the dog is a family member, and trying to find good hotels that accepted a pet, was always a problem. Good hotels that are pet friendly are in short supply and often force families to board dogs at kennels. This is really not good for the dogs as they are unhappy and don't understand what is going on. Many dogs become depressed, refuse to eat, and become ill. All in all, I would rate our stay 5 stars. We would come back here in a heartbeat. In fact, we probably will, because we would like to go to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. when it is not "peak season". Maybe sometime in May. When my heart heals and we rescue another dog, I will bring he/she along with the rest of the family.
"Pleasant stay but I expected more from a Marriott property"
08/07/14 jdb1980 New York, NY
The hotel overall met the needs of my husband and I but offered nothing special. We stayed 6 nights and the main reason I chose the hotel was for the kitchen. Easy check-in and great customer service. The people that work at towneplace are curtious and helpful. The room was nice but there was a subway sandwich in our fridge and no toilet paper or paper towels. We were able to get these things from the front desk and they were very apologetic. The breakfast is bare bones. Just cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, packaged pastries and packets of plain oatmeal and grits. I've stayed at all kinds of budget hotels and usually the breakfast can be counted on for at least some waffles. The gym was awful. They have 2 machines and one was out of order the entire time. The elliptical they had working was on its last legs. I was very dissappointed considering on very hot and humid days it's nice to have some equipment to workout on. The parking is also a huge issue. We came back during the week at 10pm and there was no parking spots. Apparently the Marriott next store uses towneplace's parking lot for their overflow. It was annoying to come back each night and not know if we would have a spot. Also the internet is bad. Connection would go in and out. They charge you $4.95 for upgraded internet and it was very suspicious that the free internet kept crashing. Considering the abundant amount of hotels in the area I will probably pay a bit more and stay somewhere that offers a little bit extra.