All hotels in Lucea, Jamaica

Great location staff and hotel
3 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
jillian
"A bit disapointing..."
I paid much more to stay at the Grand Palladium than I paid to stay at other resorts on the island. I even paid a premium for the honeymoon suite. I was disappointed with the upkeep of the entire resort. It appears to be worn and weather beaten throughout, including in my suite. Paint is peeling. Furniture is old. The bed was not comfortable. The drinks were good, but the food at the buffet was not very good. I expected very flavorful authentic Jamaican cuisine, but the food was under-seasoned. The a la carte restaurants were better than the buffets. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. And one great thing was that our suite was on the first floor of one of the villas on the Lady Hamilton side. We were steps away from the beautiful beach that was only used by guests in neighboring villas. We were also a quick walk to the adults-only pool that had a bar, se we didn't have to go far from the room when we just wanted to relax. This property needs upgrading, and more attention should be paid to the food preparation for the buffets. I would not give this property a 4 star rating. I would rate it no more than a 3.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Karin
"good value"
Very clean hotel for its age, friendly staff. Would have no problems staying here again. Perfect price.
4 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Doug
"Outstanding Jamaican paradise"
Our fourth visit and stay to this resort. We have spent many years traveling to different locations and have made this resort and spa our returning retreat destination. The resort staff have been wonderful and each time we return make our stay ever so accommodating. We love the elegance, yet casual, atmosphere this resort provides. Endless views, comfort, safety and available options on this resort allow you the opportunity to relax and enjoy the resort without having to leave.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Everyone was friendly. Dermon at the swim up bar was the mon!
Other trip May 11, 2015
"3-star resort. 4.5-star staff/service."
Hotel staff very nice and accommodating. Kerisha (?) - the hostess at the steakhouse was phenomenal. Stayed in one of the bungalow suites. Huge jacuzzi tub and shower outside. Not a fan of the outside shower, but it's a novelty for sure. Nice, private rooms with balconies and beautiful view. Close to the best beach - they have 3 or 4 stretches of beach spanning throughout the property that are beautiful. The light on the balcony does not turn off however and you have a bright light shining in your room all throughout the night which we thought was annoying. Especially since the hallway light was out the entire time (despite us asking 3 times for it to be fixed). Don't bring ANY food in your room, under any circumstances (bugs). And housekeeping was hard to come by, unfortunately. Overall, this resort looks like it was unbelievable circa 1990. Definitely needs some updating. Most of the food is buffet-style. They have individual restaurants that are very hard to get into (and require long pants for men). All in all - 3-star resort with 4.5-star staff.
Other trip May 1, 2015
SP
"Run Away From Winter"
I stayed at this resort in 2009 while they were building. I liked it much better this trip for two reasons. 1) They menu included more Jamaican food, including ackees and saltfish, and 2) the adults only beach and pool. There is a whole area for just vegetating without a kid being around crying.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Juany
"Nice hotel close to the beach. I loved the views."
I am a vegetarian and had a good amount of choices for food. The staff were excellent and smiled with great service. The restaurants were good and attempted their best to provide the quality as in the United states. Overall the staff made the stay very pleasant and exciting.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Phil
"Best Vacation Ever"
This resort is one of the best all-inclusive resorts I've ever stayed at. The rooms are ok, but the food and activities are great. I will be back again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Mr. Exclusive
Booked this last minute for my honeymoon because the travel agency accidently hit delete on our previous reservation at another resort the night before. Blessing in disguise! Loved it!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Candace
"Rooms need work."
First let me say that every staff member we encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful. The atmosphere at the hotel is fun. The walk from our room to the main facilities or any restaurant was easy and refreshing. The restaurants are hit or miss, the food is not bad just not great. However, the room was not pleasant. It shows a lot of wear and tear, the beds are not comfortable, but the worst is the A/C never got the room cold. It always felt damp and cool, but not cold. I asked it to be checked but it never got better. The good news is we spent very little time in the room because we were having so much fun. If you want a nice room - this is not the place.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
jb
"Disappointing experience"
If there is something I hate more than anything, it is trying to relax and continuously being interrupted. When staying at this hotel you be stopped on average 20 times a day if not more by someone trying to sell you something. The dining experience is rather disappointing. The buffet's are average at best and are covered with fruit flies. They do offer restaurant style dining at which the food is good but service is not. We ate at the Asian restaurant one night and it was over 3.5 hour long and the server forgot multiple plates. The beds are the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in... in sometime. If you are an experienced traveler this place isn't for you. If you are looking to go to Jamaica for a cheap price with all you can eat and drink than you may enjoy this hotel. I am not generally a complainer but I was rather let down once I got to The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. If I can give any advice to someone stay in Nigril!!!!!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Perfect Jamacian get away"
From the moment we arrived, until we left, all our needs were met, Friendly on time driver Manner was waiting for us after we cleared customs with a our name on a sign. We were at the Grand Pladdium in 40 minutes., Manner answered every question we had. Room was ready when we got there at 1:15 Jamacia time. Were greeted by friendly staff and a rum runner. The honeymoon suite was perfect for our needs with a stunning view of the ocean. Plenty of choices for dinners, bars were easy to get drinks at. An adult only pool, sunset cove, huge pool central to everything with beach directly behind. Sports bar with pool tables, ping pong and fooze ball table. Snacks always available here. Nigril buffet had all the food you could want. Grounds were clean, staff was willing to do anything we asked. Couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more.
jeremy
"Love this resort."
Excellent customer service!!! Thumbs up! We've been there 3 times now and planning our next visit real soon. This resort is very well kept up. Cleanliness is a 10+.. over all look and landscaping is beautiful. We've been to quite a few destinations and this by far tops all of them.. we've found our bi-yearly get away.
greg
Overall was a good resort, room was pleasant and the people were nice. A/C wasn't as efficient as we had hoped. The a la carte restuarants will only let you make a reservation if you are a "air tran" customer-- although we only waited 20-30 minutes for a table for 2-3 of us. Food was fairly good, although tended to be cold through the a la cart restaurants. If you are planning on going into town, be sure to shop around-- you can negotiate your fare. Bottom line, the drinks were cold, there was plenty of food and the staff was always friendly.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Beautiful resort in quiet location."
Highly recommend. Great staff, many restaurants, beautiful resort. 30 minutes from Negril or Montego Bay so will have to pay about $80 to $100 to take a cab there.
"2nd Honeymoon"
We had an absolute wonderful vacation at The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Montego Bay, Jamaica. The staff was always there to help with your needs. We chose to stay in the Honeymoon Suite. It had a very large Jacuzzi tub, an outside shower totally enclosed for privacy a large king bed and a loveseat where you can sit and look at the ocean. They also have outside beds covered with a tiki umbrella. The waters edge is rocky so it does make it hard to get into the water. Water shoes help a lot. The beaches are very pretty with lots of chairs to sit in. Some have tiki umbrellas over them. They have 3 beaches but I could only go to the main one because of the stairs you have to use to get up and down. Not good for someone handicapped. The infinity pool is huge with a swim up bar. The water was to cold to get in for us in Feb. The adult pool and bar was very nice. The food was not what it should have been for a 5 star resort. We really liked the Lotus House, Bubba Grill was ok, my better half liked the Indian food but I did not. The Poseidon was good and so was the Jerk hut. We also liked the Mexican The Italian was not good at all. The Negril and Mo'Bay buffets were ok. Would have like more fresh fruit on the breakfast buffets. The service was really good most of the time. Sometime there are long lines for dinner, better if you go early, 5:30 to 6:00.
Sue
"Nice resort, Beautiful grounds"
Beautiful room, friendly staff, many options for food, beautiful grounds.
Renee
"Needs a new Food Services Manager"
The resort is great with lots of different things to do and changes of scenery to explore and enjoy. Lay by the a large pool for a while, then a small pool for a while, then a large beach for a while, then a small beach for a while. The restaurants were a disappointment though. The food was bland and often served cold. The best wines on the dinner menu were not available and substitutes of similar quality and cost were not offered leaving only the lesser wines to choose from among. The house wines were not drinkable. The buffets were good but we don't go on vacation to serve ourselves. The "anytime" food service available only in the sports bar was awful. Just because a resort is large doesn't mean they shouldn't make every dining experience special for every guest.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"I booked this trip in July for a girls week,"
The hotel grounds are beautiful we spent numerous days at the SPA, on the last day for an 80 minute massage we had to listen to drilling for a construction project which took away from the relaxing experience. They did offer another free service but I refused. The SPA staff is not very friendly but do a nice job. The bigger issue is the airport a complete disaster 2 hours on arrival for immigration, and leaving people were lined up outside the doors of the airport trying to get in to check-in. Luckly I was a preferred member on an airline and only had to wait 1 hour. The experience at the airport was enough for me not to return to Jamacia and this was my third time. They need to put some money in the airport to accomodate the number of people they are serving. Good-bye Jamacia.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Cathy
"Excellent location , nice staff, great rooms"
Enjoyed our stay and staff plus spa and massage. Little disapointed with resturant service over booking and lineups but all else great.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Tazine
The first day stayed first floor room. The room had terrible odor. We were family of 8 and all rooms had an odor. The grounds of the hotel are poorly decorated. Feels like rundown hotel
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Won't be back"
So many issues. Not sure where to begin. We were in Jamaica in August and enjoyed it so much that we took the family back for New Years. Having stayed at Iberostar previously, this was a big disappointment. Food was bland and boring or worse. You cant make a reservation for dinner- you have to show up and wait to be seated which could take an hour or more. The bars were not well equipped- they didn't have premium liquors and were "out" of basic bar condiments like limes and mint. The property is very large and there arent enough bars to make it inconvenient to get a drink at times. Not the place to go if you want to party. They were extremely understaffed- there were often more empty tables than used tables at breakfast and dinner because they couldnt get the tables cleared and patrons served with the available staff. Even the staff acknowledged this as a major issue. The entertainment staff didn't promote sporting activities but were extremely loud and annoying. They were playing the same music repeatedly and took entire afternoons to accomplish drinking contests or" mechanical bull riding". The entertainment was much more fun and the staff cooler at Iberostar. Also though it was an all inclusive they charged extra for lobster or a drinkable glass of wine. As I said the property is quite large. If you go and get a room at the periphery youcouldbe doing a lot of walking. Rooms and housekeeping were adequate but nothing special.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Excellent place to decompress!"
Wonderful choice. Wish I could have stayed longer. A lot of amazing things to do. Five days not enough.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sunset and Corall beaches are beautiful. I don't know why but Food in all restaurants taste same. For Jamaican restaurant we have to wait 1 hour 15 min and when we walk inside restaurant was half empty.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Ina
"Wonderful Warm Getaway"
We have stayed at the Grand Palladium three times. We love the facilities and find the staff so wonderfully full of joy and interested in making your stay the best it can be. The restaurants and buffets are full of great choices. The massages at the spa are top notch---very skilled therapists. The variety of pools and beach settings allow for a choice of fun and noisy, or quiet and relaxing. It is a perfect getaway spot for us.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
MJ
"We were there FIFTH time!! This Crazy isn't?!"
We like this pleasant spot in Jamaica! We usually stay in Lady Hamilton side. We love shady (from almond trees, palm umbrellas) and sunny beach! The beach cleanness is well maintained by the staff members. The resort is huge, therefore you have to prepare yourself (good sandals, sun glasses, strollers for kids etc.) for walking.. The walking roads between residential buildings have canopies over to reduce sun exposure during the day and providing electrical light at night. We also had a good time at evenings: on second floor where the open bar is, we were getting cup of cappuccino with little pastries (backed fresh everyday) or have a shot of brandy and listen Jamaican music! Sometimes they play a little too loud but Good!
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Sofie and Leon
"Fantastic Resort!! Unequalled views. Great staff,"
You will not find a resort with such spectacular views. Well planned to take advantage of the natural coastline. We stayed in the same room 4 years ago. The views from room 3330 cannot be beat. It's a one bedroom suite with 2 balconies. One overlooking the adult pool on Coral Beach, and the other balcony with Coral Bay and Caribbean Sea views. What makes this room unique, is it's top floor location with a large balcony/sundeck and no roof to block the sun. Sunrise on one, Sunset on the other. The Zentropa Spa is great. A large pool, winding river, sauna, steam, whirlpool, and several dipping pools. Massage services are also available. Overall, you won't want to leave.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Cameo
Had a great time. It was me and my husbands first time there.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"It is a 4 star hotel so that's what you will get."
We have stayed at a number of all inclusive resorts over the past decade. We have been to Dominican Republic, Mexico, Bahamas and Jamaica a couple of times. This is a 4 star resort so don't expect a 5 star. Pros. Hotel was nice and clean with Panaramic views. Water was hot compared to some others. Cons. Food was average at best. Some staff was less than happy to be there Overall I would recommend for the price but still have had best experiences at Dreams resorts.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
jason
We had a good stay. The overall hotel related experience was average. It was not exceptionally poor or extremely great. Enjoyed our excursions greatly!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Very bad restaurantes and bad Rooms,bad services."
No is 5 stars,bad service,expensive and no good place!
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
bad food
Not great,Manu very limited,services not good at all
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Looks are extremely decieving!"
Arrived Oct. 28th, 45 minute ride from airport ( $60.00 one way). I have traveled over the years to many Carribean destinations, and have stayed at different resorts mainly RUI's. This resort is definitely in need of repair. I had severe issues with black mold in the rooms. Particularly in the bathroom. The air conditioning is less then acceptable, resulting in damp towels, bed and furniture. I notified the resort that I have a compromised lung condition a week prior to arrival. Upon my numerous complaints to hotel management, they attepted to move us to another room, which also had a mold odor. Some of the staff was exceptional, ( extremely apologetic for resort issues) others rude and short. The food was the highlight of our trip, buffets nice variety. I am not one to complain constantly, other small issues, mini bar not stocked, rocky beach, no robes upon arrival, $10.00 fee for late check out, an HOUR. They will sell you all access internet for $70.00- 6 days that is barely existent. An untrained pedicure and manicure staff. All these issues can be resolved. But the mold issue is one that cannot be. My advice, there are many other resorts for comparible prices, choose another.
Camille
"Ocean front Villas well worth the extra cost."
This was my forth stay at the Lady Hamilton. In my opinion the ocean front villa on the point are well worth the extra cost. service is great and prices more reasonable the more advertised places along the Jamaican coast. The house wine is decent enough to satisfy my snobby taste and the Red Stripe beer is always cool and refreshing. If I could suggest one improvement it would be to the pizza. Pizza is all about the crust and the frozen, doughy, under cook crust will only please small children. Get a real pizza oven and make some real pizza.
8 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Richard F
We have been in this resort four times already! And the experience is getting better and better every time. The honeymoon ocean front suits are the best! Magnificent views, outdoor shower and the best coffee in the morning:)
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great location : great for getaway by the beach"
The mold around the tub gave me the creeps. There was always lack of towels and bath supplies. Food had many choices but the local dishes were disappointing. I heard local fish was great ,for 8 days they try hard to make me hate fish. One night it taste spoiled.With minimal effort would be a great place. Train the staff to be more friendly.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great place to relax!"
The accommodations were very good. Staff worked very hard to keep it looking very nice. We were there in the off season and witnessed several new projects being worked on. Food: buffets were too similar and offered little variety. It was tasty but could use a bit of flare. The ala carte restaurants have some challenges. We waited over two hours to get seated and to get our food in the steak house. Poseidon's is the place to eat. We had seafood one night and Italian on another. It was very tasty! We enjoyed the huge pool and the swim up bar. It wasn't crowded at all. We also enjoyed the adult beach. It was quiet and a great place to relax. We recommend the day trip on the catamaran to Negril and Rick's Cafe. Great crew who kept us entertained.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Troy
"Super Fantastic Time!"
We went here for our 10yr anniversary and we could not have had a better time. It was great! The staff were very friendly and I must give props to Elizabeth. She really took care of us. When we arrived, our room was not ready yet, so they offered us a different room for the night and said that they would change our room the next day. They not only changed it but gave us one of the best rooms for our inconvenience. It was amazing to wake up every morning to an ocean view (Villa 28). The food was pretty good for the most part. Breakfast was the best by far and the jerk chicken at the the Jerk Hut was delicious. The best beach is the Sunset Cove Beach. I saw in another review that the person did not see any fish while snorkling, well, not only did we see yellow and black striped fish at this beach, there were baby barricudas, baby rays, black fish with yellow tails,etc. The fish would come right up to your legs and swim around you. It was pretty awesome! If you are a smoker, make sure to bring enough cigs to get you through, a pack is $11.00 -15.00. One of the best parts was that you got to meet so many people from different countries (England, Germany, France & Canada). All in all, it was an amazing time and we plan on going back for the hubbie's 40th birthday. I do recommend staying at the Lady Hamilton side though. It's closer to all the beaches, pool and food. I hope you have as great a time as we did!!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Beautiful will definitely go back"
Staff were very nice helpful.. The whole resort is amazing . The beaches are perfect!! The food was great the rooms exquisite !!! Loved it!!!!
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
I would definitely recommend this hotel. Our two biggest complaints would be: 1. that it is "off the beaten path" and any excursions took hours to get to, 2. given the fact that the hotel is only about 6 years old, it could use a little TLC in the maintenance and up keep department. Overall, our trip was wonderful!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great place! A little too far from cities to visit"
Relaxing and fun. Great food! Need to separate family and singles
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Bill and Cassie
"Great hotel close to the beach!!"
It was amazing!!! Activities and the theater was fantastic. The staff and guests were amazing. The waitress on the top bar overlooking the beach and pool have amazing sunsets and a waitress named Jackie who was great!! I would highly recommend and definetly be back!!!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
danielle
"Grand Palladium Lady Hamiltom"
This was our 4th time staying at this Resort, we have been going there for our anniversary the last 4 out of 5 yrs and I would recommend it.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Ron
"Nice hotel right by the beach"
This was the second time I visited this resort always a great expereince. People & the food is great.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
shadesofpink
"Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Good service."
We stayed in a well-lit, comfortable, and spacious room on the Lady Hamilton side. The rooms have fairly thin walls, but are well maintained. The hotel grounds are well-tended and there is a constant flurry of construction and upkeep to improve the aesthetics.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Dele
"Great scenery and big pool, near by beach"
Had a blast, loved the food and service was great, will come back in the future :)
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Donnie
"Better than The pics"
Went on my honeymoon and fell in love with The resort. We booked the king suite. The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was super friendly and very accomodating. We loved The sports bar. They serve strong drinks. biggest downer is they didn't have turkey products at the breakfast buffet. The jetted tub was nice and deep. Definitely fit two people. No elevators but we weren't bothered. The food is solid not finger licking. Could use more on site activities
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Thirty yo woman
"Jamaica for types who like to avoid real Jamaica"
If you love the ocean and an easy vibe this is the place for you. The property has something for everyone, private beaches, easy access to snorkeling, swimming pool and all the comforts of an all inclusive stay. The rooms are nice with a few rough edges. The people friendly. Get ready to be hit up here and there Jamaican style. The food is good and consistent with many options. If you are looking for a little taste of real Jamaica, get a car and wander to Negril!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Bay Area dude
"Stay somewhere else....."
The pictures are deceiving as the hotel is not in this condition any longer. The hotel is in disrepair (shower didn't drain and the handle to the tub came off in my hand) and the rooms need updating as they are some what dingy. I had the honeymoon suite.....well so they say. The room is poorly designed, dingy and feels as though it just isn't clean. The staff could care less about any of your requests. I called the front desk as follows: for towels 4 times in 2 hours before they arrived; for maid service 3 times on 2 separate days before she arrived; for maintenance service for the shower that wouldn't drain twice and no one ever showed; and for additional beers (included in an inclusive) for the mini bar 3 times on one day and no one ever arrived. Note they only give you 2 beers a day. What is the point of having a terrace with a view if I can't sit there and have a couple of drinks? Each time I called the front i was told "yea Mon" or "yea m'lady" which i think translates to "we don't care". The staff was rude, lazy and resentful. No one smiled or said hello - this includes the staff at the spa. A place by definition which is supposed to be welcoming. The cashier in the casino wouldn't break a $20 for me even though I was gambling. She did break it for my boyfriend but refused to give him singles even though she had them and specifically said she would change the five for singles if I went to ask her. Was looking forward to coming home.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014