All hotels in Lucea, Jamaica

Great pool
    Quite clean
    Room is all right
The weather was lousy..the beach was quite small and lots of rock and pebbles..no fine powder sand...the thing that bothered me was the cleaning staff...they hound you always talking and watching your every move to see if you are gonna tip them..they expect a tip every day and have an attitude if it's not what they expect...my housekeeper didn't give me any clean towels for 3 days!
Response by Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Nindhiya: Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience with us. I am sorry for the situations you have encountered. We are sorry to know you felt bad attitude from some our staff as we are constantly training them. For your information, our Human Resources department is focused on monthly customer service training programs in order to be able to exceed our guest expectations. Sorry if some of the employees you meet were not as friendly as the rest of the staff. It is hoped that despite those negative issues, you can give us another opportunity to serve you and show you our usual flawless service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 night family trip Feb 11, 2016
Nindhiya
"Great place for Relaxation"
Great stay. Great staff. Great food
Response by Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Roland; We really appreciate your feedback, we work really hard in order to improve our product for you... Looking forwards to your next visit. J Morgan
3 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
roland
"Horrible !!!!!"
We paid alot to come her & there was horrible construction , noise , dust & could not get around. we will never come back and tell everyone. The hotel said thet would get us champange and candy- they knew it was bad.. never did. most people we taliked to on property agreed. this noise was from 7 am until midnight. I think we should get a total refund.
Response by Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Denise: Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologized if you were not aware of the construction prior to your arrival, since this information was communicated to all tor operators. Once again, our sincere apology for all inconveniences experienced and thank you for having made it the Grand Palladium. We look forward to your return in the near future, so you may experience all the improvements we will have made in all areas of the resort.
denise
We were there with a group of 8, loved it, very clean. We had a new renovated room, in a perfect location. The staff were all great, especially the entertainment crew by the infinity pool, Sunshine and Avatar, were awesome!! Can't remember the rest of the names but they were all great.
"Wonderful hotel!"
Great beaches, great room, great pools & great service...would like to return when construction is finished. Awesome experience!♡
Carlos
"Very nice hotel n beach n pool was clean luv it"
Excellent excellent luv it going back next year everyone was friendly place was clean food was delicious couldn't ask for anything else i will b going back with friends next year didn't hv to leave the hotel to do anything everything was right there
Rosalee
"Beautiful Renovation"
Booked the hotel because of the recent renovation. The Lady Hamilton rooms and renovated restaurants where very nice. The main beach was much smaller than the photos during our stay and the resort was trucking in sand as fast as it wash away in the waves. We found the hidden beach a nice retreat from the wave and loud music of the pool area. The food was as expected from a large all inclusive resort. The resorts employees were a mixed bag. There were some very friendly Jamician's that you would find at many of the other resorts but I found a large percentage of the employees were just "making" it through their work day. This became a drag after 3 or 4 days. I would have to blame the employee attitude on upper management. The resort is somewhat remote and requires an expensive taxi drive to get around. The buildings felt like I was at a 4 star resort but the staff and clientele 3 star.
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
Jesse
"Very poor service/ Inhospitable Front office Staff"
Front desk staff need to join the military instead of working in hospitality business, very unfriendly and I'm the one that's spending my money.Room has no towels, washcloth shower gel, towels rack was completely missing. I stayed in the Bungalow which cost close to 400.00 ( upgrade) food was horrible, I had food poisoning also, there staff thew them under the bus stating the management STUCKS! I waited over 3 hrs and 10 mins to get towels, washcloth and shower gel. .. I would never recommend or visit this dump anymore. I thought about having a Timeshare been the fact this was my second visit within 2 months. Montego Bay hotels are much closer to the airport and I do not have to pay $120.00 round trip for cab rides.
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Spontaneous
Good food and service. The drawback were the beach, which was rocky and the water was full of some type of green algae. Also on our first day there housekeeper didnt show up until 4.30 in the pm and we had to call first. The Wifi does not work either.
2 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
Was the best week we have ever had. The staff was great,food, service.
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
"Construction,."
There was construction work everywhere. Could't sleep n. Got woken up every morning because of the noise.
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
Mala
"Great place to party and relax"
Staff will help out with whatever you need and i tipped a few people and they appreciated it alot. Everytime they saw me onthe property they were like heyyy everything goood mon? The resturants were huge and the food was unbelievable. The drinks were amazing not watery atall the beach isnt perfect but who needs abeach whenyou have thebiggest pool in jamaica
Other trip Nov 17, 2015
stephanie
The food was horrible wife got food poisoning twice
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
tab
"No disappointment here!"
I cannot say enough about this resort as the people, facilities, and food were top notch. I am actually shocked that it is only rated a four star hotel as it totally deserves five stars or above. We got married at this resort and the wedding coordinator and staff were exceptional at making all the arrangements so that our wedding day was a perfect one. We will definitely visit this resort again and are looking forward to our next stay here!!!
Other trip Nov 15, 2015
Stacy
"Would go back"
The down side is that the hotel was under construction so some of the restaurants were not open. We arrived later in the day and never received our welcome drink and orientation of the hotel. We had a lot of questions, but the staff were very helpful most of the time.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
"Beautiful hotel some negatives room wise though"
Beautiful hotel and scenery!! Really had a wonderful and relaxing time! The hotel is in Lucea and not in Montego Bay so it's about 45 mins from there and 40 mins from negril. Took an excursion to negril so we got to see that too. The hotel is on a beautiful cove and was so nice to lay by and go in the water.. It was like a lake. Hotel room was newly renovated but had hair in the shower from a previous guest. The jets in the tub didn't work, no ironing board and room had a funky smell. Even with all these negatives about the room, it didn't take too much away from our stay since we were barely in the room!
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
"We will be back!!!! Miss you already Lady Hamilton"
Wow - I have been to many resorts and this was by far my favorite!! It had everything a couple in love could want, and more!! It is indeed the LARGEST resort on the island. The food, staff, room, shows... All above what we expected!! We will be back soon we hope to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton!
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Colby
Hotel is very nice and clean even customer service is nice
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Ramadas
"Bad food!!"
Hotel was nice, but the food was terrible! Ice machine was always empty, bars were not stocked and ran out of main drink ingredients early in the day. Lots of construction and very noisy! Room had problems with power going out. Food is only available in the restaurants-cannot take food back to your room or get room service! We will not recommend or return to this resort!!
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"Great Honeymoon"
Our room was right on the water. The honeymoon suite was great. Great staff.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Geneva
"Ok Hotel. Not for everyone"
Hotel was decent. They was renovating the hotel so alot of construction was being done all over the hotel. Our room was newly renovated and we was the very first ones to use it. The room was great, very spacious.... Now the bad, the hotel is very touristy and does not make you feel like your in Jamaica. The food was horrible. Mainly serving hamburgers and hotdogs and American food to eat. There wasn't a slim hope of authentic Jamaican food. The jerk chicken/pork was horrible. They would jus either bake chicken or get a piece of pork cop and throw jerk sauce on top of it and call it jerk chicken/jerk pork. Also, men are not allowed to wear shorts to the ala carte restaurants. And I'm talking khaki shorts, A nice pair. The Hotel has a rule men have wear only long pants. Most hotels simply say no swimming trunks. Its 95 deg and your on vacation and they want the men to wear long pants but the ladies could dress in whateva and wear shorts and look tacky as they want to look and its okay which makes absolutely no sense.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Up to the time"
Our stay was ok as in this was my fourth time there, so I guess that should say I like it there.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Damian
"organized and peaceful stay ,"
All the staff were nice and very professional . They were there immediately when you need something.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"Disappointing"
It took over 24 hours to be placed in the room we paid for. Originally placed in the very middle of the construction zone. Our shopping tour was cancelled due to no other visitors wanting to take the tour. We had to hire a private driver.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Cobey
"Definitely not a 4 star!!!"
let me start from the beginning, we got to hotel, which is 45 mins from airport. Check-in was terrible! waited in line for 45 mins! They tell us our room(which was on the Hamilton side) is being renovated that whole side is under renovation, we will give you a room on the other side, (Jamaica side). For one, Hamilton side is more expensive and nicer, we paid more money for our stay and they tell us due to the renovation you will have another room!! MENTION ON EXPEDIA NEXT TIME AND LET ALL THE CUSTOMERS KNOW THAT THIS HOTEL IS UNDER RENOVATION!!!!! Such a rip-off!! Anyways, rooms need renovation asap! Showers are nasty! Tile is cracking, dirty, bed is horrible!! Ceiling was cracking everywhere!! The food here isn't as good! They need to have more choices!! And get some better foods! Like in Cancun! Another thing which sucks is this resort is huge so a shuttle bus is your transportation everyday! You get around in a shuttle bus! Otherwise too much walking!! Beach on the left side is amazing tho! Ive never seen such calm & beautiful water. No waves!! Another thing that sucks about this resort is they don't have any room service :( Service here isn't as good! People aren't quick to help you! Rude! We traveled with a toddler, needed milk, so we called room service 5 times and each time they said ok we'll send someone out the delivery it(NEVER DID). Pool is alright. Need renovation as well!! Landscape is ok.. Night shows are horrible!! They all sucked! We give this hotel a 2 star!!
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
not pleased!!
"Nice family oriented resort"
Third time vacationing at Grand Palladium within 8 years, hotel facility shows signs of distress since our first visit however when we visited renovations were on their way which was good for future visitors but bad for our visit. Wish this was mentioned on Expedia when we booked our vacation. Food quality needs improving, also need more options for vegan diet on dinner menu. The beach on the far side of property needs waiters to attend guest, especially for elderlies who can't maneuver hill that leads to bar. The staffs were friendly and attentive also the entertainers were excellent.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Great place, very nice people. Bartender JJ at the seafood restaurant is awesome
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Luna
"Nice hotel close to local activities"
My experience was excellent. I enjoyed the food, beach, pool, Spa, and the customer service the best. I also like the fully stacked refrigerator in my room. My room was great with a nice view of the property. It was spacious and the bed was comfortable.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Claudia
"great resort:"
the resort was clean and beautiful. the staff was helpful and friendly
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
sim
"Beutiful complex, needs a little TLC."
I was hesitant to book this hotel because of the reviews. But decided to give it a chance and glad we did! We stayed at the Lady Hamilton for a week starting May 8th, 2015. But it did take a little while to check in as there were not of associates at the desk. Our room was ready and we were taken there right away! We were in building 35. The room was nice with king size bed, jacuzzi tub, separate shower and a sitting area and balcony with table and chairs. The only problem was the ceiling fan made a noise, but worked as did the AC which was cool enough. One of the best features was you could call and a golf cart would pick you up. But there wasn’t a regular time at the stops and we waited a long time, so call or ask the waitress or bartender or maid and get one right away! We tried most of the pools, but loved the Sunset Cove. Also all the water sports were there if you wanted to do something. The Jerk Shack was right there with great chicken, just watch the spicy sauce available. Also there was the Beach Bar & Restaurant with good food. Once we found the Cove we went there often. The one thing common was that most everything was a little run down, buildings needed painting, grass was mowed but not weed wacked all around. So we were not used to seeing things like this at other places, BUT it did not affect our vacation in anyway except visual! The best part were the Jamaicans! They were all very helpful and sincerely caring about you! They made our stay extremely nice.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Amazing Staff, Beautiful Grounds"
From the moment we entered the lobby, we were greeted with smiles and professional, courteous service. The bellhops were pleasant and immediately secured our bags. The front desk reception were great, especially Kemesha. She made us feel so welcome. At the Xamayca restaurant, Rene was perhaps the best waitress I have ever had. Incredible. The food was also excellent there; very filling and tasty. At the poolside, our waitress Lisandra was amazing. Very attentive and always smiling despite the heat. The drinks were also very good. Our housekeeper, Esther, was very attentive and thorough. The hotel was well kept and had awesome views. There were great places to find either relaxing quiet or lively partying depending on your mood.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Francis
"Beautiful resort, super friendly staff"
We had a fabulous time at the Lady Hamilton. Every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. The resort was clean and well maintained.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Great location staff and hotel
3 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
jillian
"Very enjoyable !!"
Very nice more than I expected. Would only go back there..
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
trying to trave
"It went from - to ++."
At arrival we were told that because we were on an anniversary we could upgrade to an ocean view for 10 Usd extra per night. We took the promo, but it is worth mentioning that it was available for everybody, so we felt fooled. At the end it was worth it and we had a good time, but employees should be better trained.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
J.D.
"Pleasant"
The time we shared was so great, all staff were supportive and helpful in making this the best trip we've taken this year. Guide on excursion friendly and informative. Family found our dinning experience the best variety of restaurants.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Syd Charisse
"Great place for kids but.."
GREAT place for kids between 2 and 7. Kids club is nice, my daughter loved it. Kids swimming pool bottoms need to be redone. Everyone is super nice but the room quality is poor. There was blood stain on one of my pillows and they didn't refill the minibar if you say you didn't want house cleanung. Also, they took forever (one whole day) after I requested that my sofa bed gets done. We ended up doing it ourswlves.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
family of four
"Great!!"
My husband and I stayed at the Lady Hamilton and absolutely found the grounds amazing!!! Our Villa was lovely...there was free wifi throughout. The restaurants were great...we really enjoyed the swim up bar...the bartenders were super friendly there. The beach was nice...there were a bunch of bars throughout the grounds and the drinks were steady flowing...there were plenty of travel and tour guides offering excursions at reasonable prices posted in the lobbies on a daily basis...a few cons...we purchased an internet package so we could print out our boarding passes and the internet didn't work...we got a refund and the receptionist did accommodate us by allowing me to email our boarding passes to the reception area and she printed them out for us. The 2nd con is the pools could be cleaned out more often...each time we were in the pool they had small debris floating. The 3rd con is the buffet could have more variety on a daily basis...every day the buffet served the same thing. Overall our experience was good...we'd definitely visit this resort again and would recommend the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton to friends and family!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Crystal
"Great resort but man made beach sucks"
Great place OUTSIDE of your room. One of my pillows had blood stain on it. We needed the sofa bed in our suite and they didn't set it up after three request so we had to do it ourselves. Pool was nice, beach sucked, staff at the restaurants and anywhere outside of the room was nice.. INCLUDING mini club teach ers!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
family of four
"Great all inclusive resort right on the beach."
Huge pool with swim-up bar, great entertainment. 15 restaurants to choose from. Guys have to wear long pants to enter the elegant ones though so come prepared. Very elegant resort.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Dora
"Nice hotel very bad bad bad service"
Bad bad bad bad bad service the employed every only one people in the pool bar your name is mario
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"THE BEST ISLAND HOTEL WE HAVE STAYED IN SO FAR"
From the time we got to the hotel until the time we left was a great experience. Everything on the island moves slow, so we were expecting that. The room were spacious and clean, The bed was a little hard, They kept the min bar/refrigerator stocked daily, The room had a Jacuzzi tub, and a small safe to store items. Being that we spent little time in the room that's all i can say. Most of the staff was friendly and most helpful, but you had a few you can tell they just didn't like doing there job. Good thing the Good Employees out weighted the bad ones. My wife and i were treat well. we ate good,drank good, and are already planning next years trip. One piece of advice find some throw rugs for the rooms.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
BiggRobb
"Very Nice Resort"
The hotel was one of the best ones in Jamacia, but the check in and sales department was the worst rude, and was unable to provide me with information that was need.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Cassandra
"A bit disapointing..."
I paid much more to stay at the Grand Palladium than I paid to stay at other resorts on the island. I even paid a premium for the honeymoon suite. I was disappointed with the upkeep of the entire resort. It appears to be worn and weather beaten throughout, including in my suite. Paint is peeling. Furniture is old. The bed was not comfortable. The drinks were good, but the food at the buffet was not very good. I expected very flavorful authentic Jamaican cuisine, but the food was under-seasoned. The a la carte restaurants were better than the buffets. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. And one great thing was that our suite was on the first floor of one of the villas on the Lady Hamilton side. We were steps away from the beautiful beach that was only used by guests in neighboring villas. We were also a quick walk to the adults-only pool that had a bar, se we didn't have to go far from the room when we just wanted to relax. This property needs upgrading, and more attention should be paid to the food preparation for the buffets. I would not give this property a 4 star rating. I would rate it no more than a 3.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Karin
"good value"
Very clean hotel for its age, friendly staff. Would have no problems staying here again. Perfect price.
4 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Doug
"Outstanding Jamaican paradise"
Our fourth visit and stay to this resort. We have spent many years traveling to different locations and have made this resort and spa our returning retreat destination. The resort staff have been wonderful and each time we return make our stay ever so accommodating. We love the elegance, yet casual, atmosphere this resort provides. Endless views, comfort, safety and available options on this resort allow you the opportunity to relax and enjoy the resort without having to leave.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Everyone was friendly. Dermon at the swim up bar was the mon!
Other trip May 11, 2015
"3-star resort. 4.5-star staff/service."
Hotel staff very nice and accommodating. Kerisha (?) - the hostess at the steakhouse was phenomenal. Stayed in one of the bungalow suites. Huge jacuzzi tub and shower outside. Not a fan of the outside shower, but it's a novelty for sure. Nice, private rooms with balconies and beautiful view. Close to the best beach - they have 3 or 4 stretches of beach spanning throughout the property that are beautiful. The light on the balcony does not turn off however and you have a bright light shining in your room all throughout the night which we thought was annoying. Especially since the hallway light was out the entire time (despite us asking 3 times for it to be fixed). Don't bring ANY food in your room, under any circumstances (bugs). And housekeeping was hard to come by, unfortunately. Overall, this resort looks like it was unbelievable circa 1990. Definitely needs some updating. Most of the food is buffet-style. They have individual restaurants that are very hard to get into (and require long pants for men). All in all - 3-star resort with 4.5-star staff.
Other trip May 1, 2015
SP
"Run Away From Winter"
I stayed at this resort in 2009 while they were building. I liked it much better this trip for two reasons. 1) They menu included more Jamaican food, including ackees and saltfish, and 2) the adults only beach and pool. There is a whole area for just vegetating without a kid being around crying.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Juany
"Nice hotel close to the beach. I loved the views."
I am a vegetarian and had a good amount of choices for food. The staff were excellent and smiled with great service. The restaurants were good and attempted their best to provide the quality as in the United states. Overall the staff made the stay very pleasant and exciting.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015