All hotels in Prague, Czech Republic
Tylovo námestí 5Prague120 00Czech Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Comfortable
    Food is all right
"Be careful about requesting for transport service"
We arrived earlier than scheduled and the clerk was good enough to allow us to store our luggage awaiting for the "right" check in time... this is a plus. We like the offerings of the hotel, however, what ticked us off was on the day we're ready to leave. We ask the desk clerk the following questions: (1) how do we get to the train terminal using the subway - her answer was "it's a weekend - it will take you a long time". Having said this - our next question was: (2) can you call a taxi for us? Which she supposedly did. After a few minutes, a van of sorts appeared. Upon seeing that there's no TAXI written anywhere - we ask the driver about it. He said he was contacted by the front desk to take us to the airport - which was wrong because we're not going to the airport and second, the driver said he's not a taxi. So, we asked about the rate - which was way too high. We know this as "high" because we took a taxi from the train terminal to the hotel when we arrived Prague. So, we went the subway route (after asking a few people around) - which is just a few minutes away (not that far away after all) and doesn't even cost much.. What was bad about the whole thing is that the front desk clerk haven't been truthful about the travel "arrangements" she made and her hesitance to recommend the subway which is just around the next block.
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
evelyn
"A room with a view in Prague"
Hotel Tyl is a short walk from the metro station Namesti Miru and centrally located to all the major attractions in the city. I was greeted at the front desk by a young lady with a warm smile. Once checked in, I was directed to my room on the second floor overlooking the lovely treed street. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast served in the breakfast room was absolutely wonderful, for the variety was amazing! Everything from cereal, yogurt, eggs, meats, bread, juices, pastries/cakes, jams, and fruits, as well as coffee and a selection of teas. All the people that I met at the hotel during my stay were polite, friendly, and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel for all the reasons above. My stay in Prague was enhanced not only by all the sights and attractions, but also by the staff at Hotel Tyl. Thank you!
5 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Phillip K.
"Average, little high priced for what you get"
Plus: Staff speak fluent English and generally helpful, convenient location off Metro line. Minus: Shower door rickety, could not get shampoo dispenser to work, cannot use handheld wand as regular shower (no high wall mount). Neighborhood is lacking in quality restaurants (not their fault, but just be aware). Mainly fast food within walking distance. Breakfast is typical for hotels in price range (pastries, what they call "sausage" (hot dog), cereal, yogurt, etc. Thought it unusual, and slightly offputting to be asked to pay in advance instead of at checkout as is usually customary. You have my credit card number already, its not as if you are not going to get paid!
1 night trip Sep 18, 2015
Brenagh
"A Czech Jewel"
Great location, short walk to Wencelas Square, right near a tram line in a quiet neighborhood with cafes and restaurants nearby. Hotel is charming, good breakfast and good service
1 night trip Aug 29, 2015
"don't touch the candy/soda filled mini fridges"
Staff was helpful. Plenty of Old world charm. Great location. My only complaint is the old scam of keeping snacks and drinks around in hope your kids open them before you realize it and then charge you a ridiculous amount for them. They actually started calling us in our room 20 minutes till check out time to rush us out then made us wait in the lobby while they sent someone up to tally up the fridge for the additional charges! It would have been really nice to have room in that for our drinks and snacks. Kinda felt like a cheap nickel and dime scam.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
michael
This is an excellent place to stay. Good breakfast, good Metro and tram connections. The neighborhood is vibrant, lots of activity. My only negative was a TV remote that did not work well.
1 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2015
Great hotel at a great price and perfectly situated next to the tram and restaurants. I highly recommend.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Christopher
"From an American who speaks Czech"
The internet was quick, the bed was comfortable, the employees were friendly, they had great air conditioning (not all hotels do), and they lent an adapter, which I forgot and needed.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2015
"Good hotel good location"
Nice comfortable hotel in a very conveinent area. Right next to major metro stop. Plenty of restaurants n bars near by. They have a farmers market out front which is nice. Breakfast served in the morning which wad ok . Staff is friendly, easy walk to old town area.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
airline employe
"Not a 4-star hotel"
We booked Hotel Tyl based on the reviews and photos on the website. It was a huge disappointment. 1. We booked a standard room. When we checked in and found out the room was extremely small, not at all like the photos on the website. We requested to change to another room. So we were given another standard room but much larger, with a "transfer fee" of $20. 2. In the larger room, there were 2 twin beds with mattress only and no box spring. Hence the beds were extremely soft and hard to get up. 3. The room temperature was at 18 C no matter what temperature we set at the thermostat. Eventually we had to turn off the air conditioning all together to get a more tolerable temperature. 4. We have the housekeeping do our laundry. The colored ones were back to us the next day but not the light colored ones. We finally got all the light colored clothes back on the third day, but all white socks and underwear are in gray color. The hotel did take off the laundry charge but now we have every white garment in gray color! 5. For two days we did not have shampoo nor body lotion supplies. I have to ask housekeeping to give us these. Oh, they don't provide face tissue at all. The front desk staff was friendly and eager to assist. But we were very disappointed with this "4 star" hotel. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d506318-r285763987-Hotel_Tyl-Prague_Bohemia.html#
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Cathy
"Hotel stay 2 nights"
The hotel as close to a tram stop and near plenty of restaurants and shops. It was easy to walk to the sights. The hotel was clean and the staff was accommodating and friendly. We needed a roll away bed and they quickly changed our room to find one we would all fit in comfortably. They called for a taxi in the morning when we had to go to the train station. The breakfast had a lot of variety and was fresh. I highly recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Nice, easy, good choice"
This hotel is a perfect fit for travelers who want somewhere close & convenient to stay. Right by a metro stop & a tram stop. Felt safe coming back at all hours. Hotel staff was helpful with tips on how to get around, etc.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Kristin
"Perfect, easy, great choice"
First-timers in Prague, we are a young couple who were on a budget but are beyond staying in a hostel. This hotel was a great choice because it is in a great location - close to all attractions, a metro, a tram stop - and because it was our first time to Prague it was great to have the help of the desk attendants for how to get around and recommendations. Very helpful, very convenient, so much so that we booked in for additional nights. Fully recommend.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Kristin B.
"Very Well Kept Hotel"
The Hotel Tyl was a very nice, very clean, very well-kept hotel. The staff was professional and very helpful and overall I was very happy with my stay.
3 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to centre and near to metro."
Nice and clean hotel the staff was helpfull and kind. It was near to metro and tram station.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
babis
"very convenient hotel"
they had someone waiting for us at the airport to drive us to the hotel. the hotel is around the corner from a very central metro station, two stops from the train station. but also an easy walk to Wenceslas Square, Old Town, all the sights. good restaurants close by, even a little convenience store. The room was spacious and very comfortable. the beds a little soft for my taste but otherwise no complaints. the room had a little refrigerator, very useful. very nice breakfast included.
3 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Great Part of the City"
There are a lot of things I really like about his hotel. It's location was fabulous as it sits right by major tram lines with easy access to anywhere in the city. They provide a free breakfast which rivals any of the breakfast buffets I've had for 8-12 Euros elsewhere. There is free internet for all the guests (though it isn't fast enough for using beyond simple browsing). There is an empty fridge in the room! This was great for getting water and other drinks. The service from the front desk is great. I asked for a 9:30 wake up call not wanting to miss breakfast which ended at 10am (much later than most places) but I missed the call. At 9:55 they called me again saying they would hold breakfast for me if I wanted to hurry up. The next morning, I accidently left the phone off the jack so they knocked on my door for my wake up call. Overall, a great experience here.
4 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2013
Arthur K
Excellent location vis-a-vis nearby métro station and tramways. Elegant building. Cheerful ambience. Spatious and spotlessly clean room. Competent, multilingual, amicable and helpful staff at the reception. Indifferent & depressed staff in the dining area. Miserably lit dining room. Indifferent, unappetising looking breakfast food (except for their very tasty bread & muesli). Potable but practically undrinkable weak, luke-warm brewed black coffee. In short - I would happily revisit the hotel, but I am too nervous about the another encounter with their scary breakfasts.
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
"Nice hotel in a great location"
We arrived late, but the reception is manned 24 hours and our room was ready. The location is nice, with the city center in a walking distance, and the castle in either more walking or public transport, and there are metro and tram stations right next to the hotel, and all kind of shops and services one might need. The room was very clean and quiet (6th floor, not street facing). It had a safe which is nice. The breakfast is the Achilles heel of the hotel. The food is ok, but the replenishment rate is just not enough, especially in the weekends when the hotel is full. At these times, it's also possible to run out of dishes. Despite this, all in all we had a very nice and comfortable stay there.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
vladtepes
The two advantages of Tyl Hotel are the proximity to metro station and tram and its spacious rooms. But the disadvantages are that the front rooms are very noisy and there are not thick curtains so you wake up too early in the morning. The matresses were awful,too.Also breakfast is poor,with the same everymorning,no fresh fruit and bad quality coffee. the receptionists are just o.k except the youngest boy who welcomed us and was really helpful and polite.The neighborhood is noisy ,you can hear the tram and young people shouting all night long.Generally it is not the 4 star hotel it claims to be.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Recommended"
The rooms were very clean. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the staff were very helpful.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Lynn
"They like to pamper you"
Wonderful little hotel, clean comfortable rooms and a friendly staff that goes out of its way to take care of you. There is no restaurant and the mini bar is better stocked than the "bar" on the first floor, but you can find fine food and beverage choices nearby.
3 night family trip May 30, 2013
"False 4 star"
The fitness room cannot be used, it is rented out to a company The room has no coffe/tee maker (also 1 star hotels has one) The breakfast is mediocre with mediocre and cheap stuff
Other trip May 7, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

The hotel location is great, just a short walk to a subway and tram station. It's easy to get food and drinks in the neighborhood shops. Hotel reception is helpful and staffs are friendly. The first night we were in a quite old room,we could not completely close the window and facilities had a smell no fresh air. The other 2 nights we got a new room which was spacious,clean and bright, everything was terrific, we did have a wonderful time there. The buffet breakfast with assorted cold and cooked food every morning was also reasonably good for the room price.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
TSE-WEI
"3rd Visit to Prague"
The Hotel is in a good position being located very close to Tram and Underground connections which serve the whole city. The transport infrastructure serving the city is very, very good. But can be a little crowed at peak times. The hotel was great and I would be happy to stay here again. The staff I could not fault, they were very helpful. The breakfast was basic, with a reasonable selection typical for most Hotels. The room was a reasonable size and very clean throughout. The TV was limited to a few channels, which only 1 or 2 where in English. However you are here to see Prague not watch TV. Around the Hotel are plenty of shops, food outlets and watering holes.
4 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Pleasant hotel awkward bath!!!"
The side of the bath/shower is far ,far too high. Also figuring out how to use shower is a mystery to some --- I had to explain to one guest how to switch from bath mode to shower mode.Stopper in bath is awkward to release (why???).
6 night trip Sep 1, 2015
"Nice hotel with nice deal!"
We had excellence stay there. We got a good deal there with hotels.com. We paid about 80euro per night but the hotel itself worth like 200 euro per night! The staff are very helpful and friendly!
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
TAR YAR
Excellent value for money. Big spacious clean and comfortable rooms
3 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2015
Amit
"familietur"
et dejligt hotel god beliggenhed
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Claus
A great location for exploring Prague on a short (4 day) visit.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Damon
"A good hotel to stay with a very good location"
The location of the hotel is close to metro station. The staff is friendly and helpful, I would recommend it to a friend
7 night business trip Jun 6, 2015
Shashikant
IN
"Comfortable beds ever!"
We stayed in prague for just 1 night and it was the most comfortable bed i've ever been to in years! If only i can bring the whole bed with me! The hotel looks better in person than in their pictures. It looks renovated & furnished/modern. It also feels clean. Anastasia was helpful since we checked in early & she was able to take care of our luggages/starbucks mugs while we had lunch. Hassan was very friendly as well! He was very accomodating & i very much recommend him. The hotel is also close to the metro & tram so it's very convenient for us. You can also walk going to the sites to see the beauty of prague! (Tho it's a long walk) This city is the most beautiful for me so far. If you want to go to the castle it's better to take the tram.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Kat
PH
"Great value."
Excellent friendly, helpful staff. 1st class breakfast. Very convenient for Prague. Subway 2 mins walk away and trams about 1 minute. Would highly recommend this Hotel
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Fabulous hotel, near to the centre, would return
3 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
clive
Nice hotel, frendly staff but not good at sharing messages or request with other staff members eg alarm call request not passed on. However would stay again and bring own clock.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
claire
"Highly recommended"
Spent a weekend here with 3 friends for my birthday and was very pleased with my choice. Reception staff warm and welcoming and very informative on how to get around town and recommending nice places to eat. Far enough away from the madness of the main town but with excellent transport links means you are 10 mins away
3 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Good hotel"
Good hotel, comfortable room. Great selection at breakfast
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Walter
"We are satisfied. ;) Staff was helpful and smiling"
We are satisfied. ;) Staff was helpful and smiling - it was great! Some people said that on breakfast was only vegetables, I don't agree. We ate many types of food, maybe if you came a few minutes before end of time for breakfast wasn't all of types food. If I come back to Prague probably I will choose the same Hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Katarzyna
"Great hotel for the price"
Friendly and helpful staff, a short walk from everywhere and nice sized room. Continental breakfast was adequate. There are no tea or coffee facilities in the room, or indeed the hotel (which is odd because the lounge / lobby area has an unused coffee bar and they have a breakfast kitchen). That gripe aside we really enjoyed the stay.
"Value for money"
Very reasonably placed and pleasant hotel. All staff encountered were very polite and efficient. Room and linen were kept clean and tidy and the room itself was of a good size.
4 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
Ron
"Excellent service, great location and cleanliness"
Very nice staff at the reception desk, always with smile and ready to help. The rooms with free wifi were clean and tidy. Wide range of sweet and sour for breakfast. 9 minutes walk to the the centre and 2 minutes walk to the tube (Metro) I.P. Pavlova station.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Vendy
"A little tired but great location"
Nice hotel with friendly staff and a very convenient location - only 1 min from the I.P.Pavlova metro station and about a 20 min walk to the old town square.
5 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Zed
"Lovely affordable hotel"
Enjoyed our short stay at the Tyl Hotel. Easy to walk into the city as near Wenceslas Square. Lots of restaurants around.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Cisannette
"alright hotel"
alright hotel. but terrible wifi
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Good Hotel in central location"
The hotel is good and food is great if you like continental..
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Vamsi
"Helpful staff"
Helpful staff who provided suggestions to where to go for dinner around the neighborhood. Deposit (refundable) required for things like kettle, etc.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
mitsjc
SG
"good value for the price"
The hotel is well located, clean, nice staff, very good breakfast, good value for the price of the room.
4 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Excellent hotel and perfect location (metro and tram stops just around the corner). Breakfast was really good and staff was friendly and helpful.
4 night romance trip Mar 31, 2014
Julia&Bruno
"Comfy beds, good location"
Stay was ok.friendly staff.rooms was a bit tied and needs doing up.shower head was not located high so had to hand shower, no mini bar as described, but having said all that it was cheap and covered our needs
3 night trip Jan 18, 2014
The place certainly has old-world charm and the location is very central, but the rooms are not nearly as clean as they should be by any normal standards. They also don't have standard things one comes to expect like soap, shampoo and conditioner nor some complementary coffee and tea/water. I believe that the views from most of the rooms other than those facing the front of the hotel are very lackluster, so certainly do not expect to open the curtains very often. For the price, I was honestly very underwhelmed and somewhat disappointed.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013