All hotels in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

• Value for money
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"Dont pay more then $49.00"
No heat Room was old and out dated Rooms were clean but smelled like smoke Dont pay more then $49.00 that is rate posted on the sign out front. It is a 10-15 min walk from the falls and has free parking
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"Close to all attractions and the Casino."
Called a few minutes after our last minute booking. Person on phone was very pleasant and asked when we could check in, se said anytime and that was a 1pm.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
"great hotel with casino proximity"
great, family run hotel
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
"ok hotel"
The front desk closes at 10pm so if you arrive after that time there is no one to check you in. They accommodated me in having someone I know who lives in Niagara Falls to pick up my key for me. I booked a non smoking room, but it smelled of something which i could not determine if it was smoke or just odour from the carpet. For the time I spent at the hotel (5hrs of sleep due to my schedule) it was a good hotel. Cannot give a fair opinion on a longer stay. If I were to stay in Niagara falls for a week, I would give it a try.
Other trip Dec 7, 2015
ckdriver
"Very nice find"
What a pleasant surprise for a budget hotel. Room was clean, lots of hot water, towels, friendly service. Room is a bit dated, but clean and odor free.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
"Okay hotel, quiet, reasonably clean."
As an emergency backup at 2:00am because of a Motel 6 reservation screw up, we could have hit much worse. Overall, okay hotel.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Jeannot
"Recent stay"
You get what you pay for
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"good"
The place has so many restaurant that you could go (by walking only). It is also nearby tourist attraction areas like Skylon Tower and Clifton Hill. Also accessible to bus stop. Place is good enough, receptionist and other staff are friendly but I wish they would provide free drinking water and also provide free hot water.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2015
"Can't fault it for the price"
Brilliant location a ten minute walk to the attractions and the falls. Can't fault it for the price. (a word of advice don't go to Almacs buffet on the corner we found a fly in our food! There are plenty of other restaurants down the street!)
3 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
"diplomat inn niagara falls"
room wasclean but needing some tender loving care. reception lady was pleasant. considering the location it was quiet.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Harry
"Stocked mini fridge a plus!"
Mini fridge was filled with leftover spaghetti, 2 cucumbers, a tomato, an open bag of milk, and a used medical syringe. The spaghetti was a little over cooked but it was still a nice surprise upgrade that you don't get very often anymore.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Looks too old inside..."
The stuff was good, the hotel outside looks good, but inside, the rooms, looks like the '60 or worst... The rooms need a full renovation NOW!!
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"VERY CLEAN AND SPACIOUS"
VERY CLEAN AND SPACIOUS HOWEVER FRIDGE WAS MISSING, REMOTE DID NOT WORK FINALLY AFTER THE 3RD COMPLAINT GOT ONE THAT WORKED. PHONE WAS MISSING
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
MUSKOKAN
"AVOID THIS PLACE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE"
Hotel staff was very rude especially the manager but also a liar. They were saying that everything is fully booked and offered us a more expensive room instead. However, when the hair dryer(another bad thing) wasn't turning off they transferred us to a different room that looked like it was less expensive. Facilities are very dark and dirty. Everything smells old and stinky. Stairs are horrible and tight. They don't even have free coffee and coffee is very cheap compared to the price they are charging. Room was horribly clean and smells awful. There was that stinking smell right when we got in and tried to request a different room but they said no because everything's full but later on we found out that it wasn't, as I mentioned above. Very small space and bathroom was worse than the room. The air conditioning is not working properly and bed has marks all over that looked like it wasn't cleaned in eternity. I also got some bed bug bites but didn't see them when we stayed there. Their pool that they advertise is smaller than inflatable pools and very dirty since no one maintains it and it's also right beside the road. So when it's raining mud can splash over to where the seats are. Overall the worst inn/motel I've ever stayed and will never go back. Other hotels around walking distance to this hotel is way cheaper and way better. Again AVOID THIS PLACE.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Jack
"friendly staff"
nothing too fancy but spacious.
2 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"Disappointing"
Below average accommodation, not vey clean, bugs in the bed, decor is dated, in need of a major update. WiFi was non existent, old analogue television. The TV remote was covered in grime. Front desk lady tried to be helpful.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
No plug in the bath otherwise fine.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Elfed
"Great place to stay, just a few glitches!"
The hotel is conveniently located walking distance from the falls. There is also an IHop next door, which I found very convenient for an early morning breakfast. The room and washroom both were clean. For families with small children, a small crib is also provided in the room at no extra charge. I have provided only 4 stars for the hotel condition as the room that I was in was right next door to a room that had the ice and water dispensing machine and my sleep got disturbed a few times in the middle of the night with the noise of people and the rumbling of the ice cubes! I have also provided only 3 stars to the hotel service because I was not provided wifi access initially. When I did get the ID and password and logged in, the network was way too weak. However, besides these few glitches my overall experience was good and comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Samira
"Cheap and in walking distance of everything."
Great price and served its purpose. A place to lay our heads after enjoying the falls. Internet is a bust so if you are working while away and require internet it is bad. They did change our room so we could get better internet and it worked. It is very dated, but i found the rooms to be very clean once you get past the 80's decor.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
"Adaquate"
We slept in the hotel. It was perfectly fine.
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
This hotel is old and has no fridge, an 80s TV and the room smelled. Definitely not worth staying in. A total dump.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Wrong info, lied and extra charge"
This hotel was listed as pet friendly on Expedia. However, just to make sure, we called the hotel first to confirm before we booked. The person who answered assured us that they did take pets with no extra charge. Of course, when we arrived, the owner/manager said that they didn't take pets. But she could make an exception this time if we paid extra. What a scam. Also, she assured us that she was the only one who EVER answered the phone and she wouldn't have said that. So, she basically called us a liar. However, as soon as we left we heard her talking to another girl who worked there - saying that she shouldn't give out wrong information. Wow! If she had just apologized about the mix up, and not charged us extra - hello! - it would have been fine. Her employee screwed up, yet we had to pay extra? Messed up joint.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
It was good value for the dollar, good location, clean, desk staff very helpful and easy to find
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Lavern
"Poor internet"
Outdated, dusty, intermittent internet connection, which was slower then dial-up. Credit card information for an incidence was simply written on paper and stored insecurely.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Dmitry
great location, so close to everything. friendly staff and very helpful. the beds were a little hard though. overall not bad for the price.
4 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
patricia
"OK"
Close to Niagara falls, a good situation. Bad internet connexion, missing battery for the remote control. Average bathroom.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Simple, great location!"
The hotel is very retro, but the location is great. Within walking distance of all major attractions, would recommend!
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
It was worth the price. No bad surprises.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Mario
"the room was clean & comfortable!"
the staff at the front desk were very pleasant. The cleaning crew was also very pleasant.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
mary
"good hotel if don't want bells and whistles"
Went for a quick overnight trip. Room was clean and they were pleasant at front desk. Only let down was coffee from machine at fortdesk - says free but had to pay for coins. Close to all amneties
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Robert J
"Ok...get what you pay for right!"
We were there just for the night and served the purpose
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"You get what you pay for."
Nice place, nothing fancy. Room was just to sleep in as the weather was nice. The price was good.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"OK Value for the Price"
Wifi was poor. TV selection very poor, old TV, staff were very helpful
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
mike
"fun weekend close to all attractions"
It's was OK, no complaints
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Kadeem
"Great place for great price!"
My partner and I stayed at the at the Diplomat Inn over a busy weekend and the front desk was great and the room was clean! We even enjoyed the sun at their pool :). Thank you Diplomat Inn for a great night away!
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Excellent value for the money"
The hotel room we chose had a heart shaped jacuzzi tub. We felt it was an excellent value for the money. The room was clean, quiet, had a fridge and microwave and a super new clean bathroom. The bed was a bit firm for my liking but my husband thought it was perfect. We missed enjoying the outdoor pool due to the weather, but hope to enjoy it at our next stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Louise
"Good location, good deal for a few days"
Overall it was OK, clean room, staff was nice. Airconditionner was noisy and not cooling the room well at all so it was pretty hot in the room. Everything is old in the room tho.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Cindy
"nice"
It was a nice place was not wow but good overall would stay there again
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
jim
"a nice stay"
The hotel is very clean and walk distance to major attractions.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"No Night Staff"
This hotel is not staffed in the evenings. I'm not sure what would happen in case of an emergency in the middle of the night? In addition, if your arrive late without contacting them first you will not be able to checkin. When I arrived at 11pm the doors where locked and nobody was there to help me. Because I arrived after the cutoff time without contacting them first I was not eligible for a refund. When I called Expedia customer service, they rejected my refund for this reason.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Hotel closed at 11pm."
This hotel’s doors were locked at 11pm and I could not check in. The hotel said no vacancy on the door. After talking with both the clerk and Expedia, I did not get a refund! Ended up going down the street to Motel 6. They happily accepted my business at the same rate. There was no staff on site at this hotel after 11pm. I'm not sure how they would handle emergencies in the middle of the night.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"You can get better quality for the price."
It's nothing like the photos! The carpet was old and dirty, the bed comforters were unclean and both had cigarette-burn holes in them; at night, the room was so cold I needed to put on 3 layers of clothing, my teeth chattered from how cold it was. We were woken up by the loud banging on the door by housekeeping staff who mistakenly thought it was time for us to check out at 9:45am. Check out was at 11am. P.S. The lights in the rooms are CFL which can cause migraine for some people.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Telephone did not work. Lobby was not open in the morning to return keys as requested.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Give some of the smaller hotels a chance."
Enjoyed our stay at this smaller hotel in the Niagara Falls area. Very friendly staff. Beds were excellent. Clean room, clean bedding, clean carpets. Not alot of extras, ie coffee maker. But if your looking for a quite nice sleep on a budget this is it. Walking distance to everything! No coffee, no problem. Tim Hortons is a 2 minute walk away. Saved a ton of money on parking and hotel fees. Dont always judge the book by the cover. It was clean, and the beds were great!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"A home from home"
We enjoyed our stay at the Diplomat. It's an older hotel, run as a small family business. The staff were courteous and friendly, the price was fair, the parking was free. The room was clean and included a fridge. There were two microwaves in the ice room if needed. Check in was early, and checkout was late. The hotel is within easy walking distance to Fallsview Casino and several restaurants. We would certainly stay at the diplomat again
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Hadyn
"Stay at your own risk"
Bed bugs!!!!! Enough said.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Sherna
"few minutes to the falls"
We staid for one night, I chose this hotel for the rate and the proximity to the falls on foot.The room was large clean and comfortable with the two queen beds I ask for. The plumbing was noisy,we heard the taps and the showers of surrounding rooms. The Wi-Fi did not work at all that morning ,but we were offered to look up the information on their computer and print it.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
christiane
"Basic Hotel"
we picked the Diplomat because of location and because our first choice had been all booked up. Basically we were only looking for a place to sleep because we were attending a birthday in the area. The hotel itself was okay, but if you are looking for something "up scale" or with a view of the Falls, this is not the place to stay. They have no amenities in your room such as fridge, coffee maker, etc. It was clean and fairly quiet.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Shari
"Wouldn't Stay There Again"
The only good thing to say about my 3 night stay was that the cleaning staff was friendly and helpful and did a top notch job cleaning the room. Other than that, it was a negative experience as follows... Condition of the room and furniture was appalling with deep scratches in the furniture; facing of the bathroom counter top was hanging off; bathroom fan did not work; heater provided barely warm air for a brief time when turned on and thereafter only forced cold air into the room; very dated (1960's) light fixtures provided dim light at best; 1980's Tube Television with cable received only 8 channels as only 1 in 3 actually worked; Warm showers only in the evening... If guest wants to shower in the morning, expect 1 degree above freezing; Although advertised included in the rooms there was no refrigerator and no coffee/tea maker; 3 Storey Inn has no elevator so if you need one better look elsewhere; Free WiFi worked 2 out of 3 nights and with no night staff to reset the modem, you get what you get; Room door entry by a single Key should be updated to electronic Card Key locks which are programmable; Very poor security as front desk not 24 hour so building entry after daytime hours was through an unlocked door.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Not Impressed"
Our room smelled of smoke, the Wi-Fi was not good at all, it was inconsistent. I was just overall disappointed in the quality of room and quality of stay. I will not return to this inn.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014