All hotels in Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Bahia Petempich Sm12 Mz 31, Lote 14-02, Puerto Morelos, QROO, 77580, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
  • Beach
    Reasonable beach
"An amazing and perfect vacation at Silversands!"
My husband and I just spent a week at the Secrets Silversands with our good friends, another couple. The resort was absolutely perfect! We could not have asked for a better trip. Pros: FOOD! All of the food is just phenomenal, particularly Bordeaux and Himitsu. Also, they grilled lunch outside for a few days and that was the best lunch we had! STAFF! The staff at this resort are more friendly and engaging than any staff I've ever seen! Miguel, Sexy Estefany, Edgar, and Anna - te amo!! ACTIVITIES! There is constantly something going on at the resort from beach volleyball to water aerobics. There is also a food/drink related class around 4pm everyday: sushi making (so much fun!), guacamole class, martinis, tequila tasting, etc. POOLS! The resort has many pools. The main pool is for the party people, the infinity pool is for those who like a view, and there are 3-4 other pools that are close to the rooms that are perfect for a QUIET day! One even looks out over the ocean. NIGHTLIFE! There is always a lot going on at night: shows, people hanging out by the main lobby and bar drinking and chatting, etc. Cons: The ocean =( The water is really seaweedy and kind of brown. There was a red flag (meaning you can't swim) 5 of the 7 days we were there. This isn't any fault of the resort itself, just a matter of location. Luckily, the pools and lively resort made up for it! Activities - the website indicates that snorkeling is included, but it is not. THANK YOU SECRETS SILVERSANDS! Th
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Emi Lee
"Very nice hotel"
I enjoyed my stay was very disappointed that when booking we were under the impression that we payed for our own swim up pool. Which was not the case. There's not much on location to do you have to go other places in order to do any activities.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
melissa
The room could have been cleaner, food served at the resort was very small portions. Drinks were good and top shelf.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Beautiful resort"
My husband and I just returned from a week stay at Secrets Silversands. The resort itself is beautiful and the staff is amazing. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The minibar was filled daily with Corona minis while Modelo, Modelo Light, Leon, Pacifico, and Corona (regular and light) were also available throughout the resort along with top shelf liquors. There are many restaurants to choose from and a coffee shop. There was a nightly live band as well as theater shows each day. There is a nice beach bar with seating overlooking the sand along the beach as well as a pier that leads to a gazebo that you can stand on and enjoy the ocean. The only drawback is the beach itself. The resort's beach suffered a lot of damage during the last hurricane a few months back. There is so much seaweed that a tractor must dig it out daily. The water is so rocky that you couldn't even walk in the ocean.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Perfect Resort for Honeymoon, Anniversary, ect"
My husband and I spent 5 nights here for our honeymoon. It is a beautiful resort! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by smiling faces, champagne and cool towels. From the hotel front desk to the waiters/waitresses to groundskeepers, everyone was so friendly. Our room was spacious and romantic. We had a swim out room near the front of the hotel which was perfect for us because our pool was quiet. The main pool was just around the corner with a great swim-up bar. It was fun and exciting and the workers do a great job of getting everyone involved in the daily activities such as pool/beach volleyball, zumba and water aerobics. There were more than enough lounge chairs for everyone. We had NO problem getting a chair by the main pool. The food at this resort was DELICIOUS! I consider myself a bit of a food snob, only eating at a small selection of restaurants at home. There were 5 restaurants in the main lobby area, and two outside above the main pool. All were terrific! The beach was nice. It is seaweed season in Mexico so there was a lot of seaweed. The groundskeepers worked EXTREMELY hard to try and clean it up but there was just so much. Night light was plentiful, with a show every night (mexican, rock, comic). Then there was always live music and dancing happening later on in the evening (10pm and on). In conclusion, BEAUTIFUL resort, EXCEPTIONAL staff, DELICIOUS food, WONDERFUL time!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Brittany
"Great Resort"
Everything about the resort was wonderful. The only negative was I wasn't there long enough
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
crystal
"vacationing with friends"
overall experience was good. Friendly staff. Fun activities, and lots of booze. Rooms are nice and spacious. However smell in room is terrible. Smells like a wet rag. overall cleanliness of the hotel was ok but needed more attention. food was good, fresh fish and lots to choose from. overall I would recommend this resort.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Marie
"Great Hotel!!"
Excellent hotel,great food wonderful staff & perfect location!!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Silvette
"housekeeping came twice in 4 days"
Had to find housekeeping and ask them to come clean my room. they only cleaned twice while I was there
Other trip May 5, 2015
The grounds were beautiful, staff was exceptional and the food was awesome !!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Brenda
"Great service! Terrible Beach"
If you are a beach person this is not your place to go, but there are sooo many pools! Great service everywhere at the resort. Great food. Only other complaint is the lack of air conditioning. They have it, it's just not as cool as it should be, especially in the restaurants at night. Great drink selection!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
kristen
"GREAT GETAWAY"
This adults only resort was great. The staff, rooms, pools, and food were excellent. The fitness center was nice albeit tooo warm!!!! Great atmosphere for couples.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
gidget81
"Secrets Silver Sands -Great Stay and a Nice Resort"
This hotel is good and has tremendous potential. The staff, The intimate size of the hotel and friendly ambiance made it a really enjoyable time for the wife and myself. The only downside of this Hotel is the Horrible beach...looks like it was washed out during one of the Hurricanes and there is nothing left except for a couple of really Big Sandbags. If you are going for a Beachfront hotel don't go here. If your happy with the Pool its fantastic. Very short walks to any part of the resort made it really easy to get around and participate in different activities or just take it easy by the Main Pool or by several of the quiet pools. If you wanted it, this Hotel offers a lively night life as well as romantic escapes... Great Entertainment staff and good food at the Restaurants. Downside is the rooms did not always feel clean....Don't think the maids did a good job cleaning the sink area as there was mold around the base of the faucets.... The hotel is older and just needs a minor facelift to get it back in shape.. We have stayed a Secrets Maroma last year and liked the livelier friendlier feel and ambiance of this Hotel Much better since there was more of a mixed age group rather than the predominant Honeymooners and Wedding Groups at Maroma. We would Go Back to this Hotel Again
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Amazing food"
The food was amazing, the staff was extremely nice, outgoing and accommodating, and the rooms were very nice. My only complaint would be that there was a smell of sewer outside the building that our room was in.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Victoria
"A well managed and great value resort."
We found this hotel to be extremely well managed. The staff was always pleasant and were constantly cleaning and helping their guests. There was a wide variety of restaurants and food and drink choices. There were nine swimming pools and a pretty nice beach with thatch roofed umbrellas. The hotel was a short distance from the airport. We will return!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Bruce and Nancy
It was great just didn't come clean my room everyday
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great hotel and excellent service."
The hotel is excellent and it has a great staff. The hotel is 13 years old and some parts are showing it. If the hotel fixes this it will be an almost perfect hotel. They need to paint some parts, replace the tub, replace the room doors or repaint them to make them look modern, replace the old pool chairs. Otherwise, everything is in very good condition. The staff is super friendly and they all work really hard. The spa is one of the nicest ones compared to other Secrets reports, highly recommended.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
jmscience
"This is our third trip!"
This is our third trip to this resort, and we're already planning our next. We've never had a bad meal there. The bars are great, have top shelf liquours (Gray Goose, Crown Royal, Patron, 1800, etc). The service and staff are always great, and the rooms are always clean. The spa and massages are also top notch. The only negative we've had was this trip, our shower never had hot water.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Nate
"Great room with a view"
The view from our room was great and easy access to everything. The staff was okay, nothing special. It seemed at times that asking a question or approaching was more of a burden than anything. If you like quiet nights and to get up early this may not ben the place for you. 2 out of the 4 nights we were there music was blaring throughout the resort until midnight and in the morning the breakfast buffet doesn't open until 7 am.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Tremendous Experience"
The food was excellent, especially the breakfast buffet. The room was lovely. The staff was polite and attentive. We had many great waiters that made our meals a fun experience. We were there in the off season and didn't have trouble finding spots by the pool. I would definitely recommend this resort to a honeymooning couple, and plan on going back.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Al
"Good resort but not fantastic"
Staff is awesome, food was great, resort rundown, and beach was not nice. I have very mixed feelings because I really liked some parts of the resort and really disliked other parts. I probably won't go back to this specific resort again but would try a different Secrets resort.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Greatest hotel, aside from the beach"
If you don't care about swimming in Crystal blue water and clean white sand right outside your door but are more concerned with going to a great resort that is all luxury with beautiful pools and excellent food then this place is a must.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
jay
Good time friendly staff many choices for meals nice pools
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
My Husband and I had a great time at this hotel last week. The Staff was super nice, the Food at the restaurants was amazing and the entertainment was awesome. The only negative thing I have to say was room service food was not good at all. Very plane, bland and just overall not good at all. Although all the restaurants had amazing and tasteful meals. The service was top notch and the bartender even better. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great food and kind staff however things to know"
First the positives, the food truly was very good, the room and the hotel was clean, and the staff for the most part was friendly. I say for the most part because we ran into a few bartenders that weren't very pleasant or very happy to be there (happens everywhere it seems like). Now two of my biggest complaints, the first being very important to future travelers and something I wish I knew before booking. Although the beach was nice aside of the seaweed that they tried hard to keep clean, the ocean itself was almost un-swimmable. The ocean floor at this location has a lot of growth, shells, and more importantly rocks. rocks big enough to stand on and others small enough to cut your foot, the only time we did spend in the ocean was when we swam about 200 yards out to the only clear area we could see from the beach and yes we swam because you can't walk or put your feet down. So know at this particular resort the most ocean you are going to get is going about knee deep out laying down and getting back out. Now the 2nd part and to start let me say I am hot natured but at this resort unless you were in your room you couldn't get away from the heat. What this means is the front lobby and the indoor "formal" restaurants and not as cool as they should be. Most dinners myself and others in my party (traveling with 6) would eat and sweat. The main lobby area and bar were warm with no fans and frankly made it very hard to sit there and eat/drink. Outside at least there was a breeze.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"Front Desk Staff Incredibly Rude."
I came here for my birthday and after my experience here I wish I had stayed home. The room type was not honored. We were downgraded to another room. This room had a malfunctioning A/C system. Told the front desk next day to please switch to another room due to loud noise from A/C. Was treated like trash. Thanks a lot.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Emily
"The beer needs to be cold."
We had a great stay for our 25 wedding anniversary. They forgot about us at check-in for about 35 minutes but we didn't let that ruin our stay. The food, pool and beach was great. The only real problem was that it was very difficult to find beer that was actually cold. I've never had this problem before at an AI.
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear Kenny, Thanks for your comments! We are proud to be the host of such importants celebrations and we hope to host you in many more holidays. Best wishes,
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Kenny
"SS"
SS has great food, cold AC, cold fridge. Entertainment is good. A pool for each building and a main pool. Service is A1 in all areas. If you are an ocean lover this is not the place for you, even water shoes didn't make it better. Beach is awesome. Have dinner with Roberto in Portofino. Enjoy☆
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear. Rachael, Thank you kindly for your comments towards our beautiful Secrets Silversands. It is our pleasure to read you really like us. We truly hope to host you in not a distant future. Greetings,
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Rachael
"Super friendly staff and great food"
The only negative thing about this place is that the beach is not really swim friendly. Other than that, this resort has it all. Great food, top shelf drinks, and the staff is extremely accommodating....Anything you need, they'll be more than happy to help you. Def will be returning
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear TJ Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future. Best wishes, Aldo Delgado
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
TJ
"Secrets silver sands Cancun"
The resort was amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The facilities where clean and updated. The bar and restaurant choices were great. The breakfast and lunch buffet were unbelievably good, and all the drinks were fantastic. The pools were beautiful. The activities during the day and at night were really fun.
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear T.Little, We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us. It is great to read you really like our Unlimited-luxury concept and we hope to host you in not a distant future. Best wishes, Aldo Delgado
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
T. Little
"Amazing Honeymoon!"
Stayed at silversands for our honeymoon and it is such an amazing resort! Beautiful hotel, gorgeous pools and views, amazing staff that go out of their way to make your stay perfect. Restaurants very good, just wish their was better variety for breakfast and lunch. Buffet gets old after a few days. The bed is the most comfortable bed out there! It rained a lot for us, but the staff has a ton of activities and shows to make you forget about the weather. Will definitely return !
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
laura
Excellent. Highly recommend. Would visit again. A lot of activities.
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your kind words. Best wishes,
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Amazing !!!!!"
Amazing hotel. Leaves nothing to be desired. Can't swim in ocean bc it's rockey but didn't really matter bc everything else was fantastic !!!!!
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your amazing review. We truly hope to host you in not a distant future. Greetings,
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Great adult vacay location!"
We traveled to this hotel with (4) other couples and had a great time. The rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were beyond comfortable. We upgraded to the preferred level, which had we done this prior to our arrival would have been cheaper, but they still gave us 50% off the upgrade fee. The pref level offered many upgraded alcohol selections and a peaceful escape from the regular hotel guests.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Mrs.
"Beautiful place"
We celebrated our 12th anniversary at Secrets Silversands. This was our 1st experience with Secrets and we could not be happier. The staff was amazing. Food was great. We will be back.
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear Verified traveler, Thank you for your beautiful comment. We are glad you enjoyed your first experience and we hope to provide you many more in the future. Best wishes, Aldo Delgado
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Go to Secrets of the Vine"
Our room smelled like a moldy basement most of the time. The neighbors cigarette smoke came through the walls. None of the chairs were comfortable. Food was just ok. Service was excellent.
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear Kate, Thank you for your feedback through this mean. The smell that you wrote is due the humidity of this tropical paradise, we cannot change nature. Also we cannot control other guest behavior, in this case smoking. People are not allowed to smoke inside the suites, which is why they must smoke outside. We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay. Best wishes, Aldo Delgado
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
kate
"Beautiful resort, friendly staff, fine dining"
This was our second trip to a Secret's resort. The first time was to Maroma. This time we went in with high hopes and were not disappointed. The pool was larger and had fantastic veiws of the ocean. The staff was excitable, friendly, and amusing. The bartenders were quick and cheerful. The food was amazing as well. Even the room service (which we opted for one night) was great. Definitely going back.
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear Jim, Thank you for your great review on Expedia. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed this Secrets personality. We are always proud to exceed the expectations of our guest. We truly hope to host you in not a distant future. Best wishes, Aldo Delgado Betancourt
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Rooms a bit warm"
We could not seem to get the room to cool down enough in the evening to sleep soundly
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Hi Mark, Next time call us, perhaps that was the lowest temparture or another thing. But we will never know. Which is why is important to always ask. Because those are your vacation and you deserve a perfect getaway.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"All-Inclusive For YOUNG couples"
I stayed here for 3 days looking for some quiet destination on the Riviera away from the tourists with the convenience of built-in restaurants. What I found is a very clean, and nice ... pretty hotel with loud, bad appointed music and cruise-ship-buffet food. If you're looking for some quiet, head to Puerto Morelos (5 minutes away), find a house to rent and go OUTSIDE ... meet the locals ... try the REAL food ... hear REAL music or NO music if you want. The beach is huge. This is like being on a cruise ship. The couples are young. No thanks
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear LB, On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean. As you saw we have our own personality. Which is a fun resort and also relaxing. Those two things are difficult to accomplish at the same time. Also, as a part of our concept, we provide 9 restaurants with amazing food. If you read all the reviews, this is one of our strongest area. Once again, thank you for your comments, our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
LB
Food, cocktails and service was great! The hotel was beautiful but is starting to show some signs of age. We had a great trip, and will not hesitate to stay at a secrets resorts in the future!
Response by Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your comment through this mean. We are proud you enjoyed all the benefits of our brand, we will love to host you back in not a distant future. Best wishes, Aldo Delgado
3 night trip Feb 23, 2014
Butlers
"Great all-inclusive"
We have been doing the adult only, a la carte restaurant all-inclusives for the past few years - mostly Excellence. This year last minute planning meant no available room at Excellence so based on other reviews gave this one a try. Have to say, food and amenities were great, no complaints and equal to our experiences at other places. Evening entertainment a little less good - doing the Idol karaoke thing, but that's probably not why you go.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"Pleasurable and relaxing"
The place to go if you want leave the stress of work behind.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Relaxing 4 night, 5 day stay!"
We just returned from a very enjoyable vacation at Secrets Silversands. The employees go above and beyond making guests feel pampered. Omar is outstanding. We vacationed with another couple who had been to Secrets Silversands in October and Omar remembered the names of people who traveled with the group! We also enjoyed Tony of the entertainment staff. He said he just enjoys making people smile. The grounds, pools, and rooms are immaculate. We also overindulged in the great food. The beach is just mediocre, we have seen more beautiful beaches in Cancun. The only disappointed were the margaritas; they were not very good. Overall a great vacation!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Danielle
"Perfect place to relax or party"
Silversands satisfies two cultures equally well. There is plenty of that party atmosphere that some people go to Mexico for. But there are also many places to relax out of earshot from the loud crowd. Room was beautiful and very clean. The service was fantastic. Every single person we interacted with seemed to truly love their job and they were eager to ensure we had a great time. We stayed for a long weekend in the first half of February and the weather was perfect. There are many options for excursions, but we chose to stay on property. The pools were gorgeous, especially the infinity pool that looks out on the ocean. The food wasn't out of this world, but pretty good. The best food was at the seafood place by the big pool. The evening entertainment was ok the nights we were there, but the live bands were very fun. If you enjoy unplugging from the world and staying put in an all-inclusive resort, we highly recommend Silversands and we plan to go back.
3 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Doug W
"weather happens !"
stayed at secrets silversands for 5 nights. even though it was overcast or raining the whole time the resort made sure there was plenty of activities going on..the food at the resort is very very good ,didn't matter what restaurant we went to, the food and service were great. the staff does a great job of making you feel welcome .
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
ray
"Great hotel, Really disappointing beac"
I won't recommend this hotel because even that service, hotel and food are very good, in the Riviera Maya I was expecting an impressive beach and this hotel is located in the worst beach in the riviera.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Staff is very friendly, food is excellent!"
Simply the best wedding anniversary vacation! Great for couples. Exceeded our expectations.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"Beautiful hotel, secluded, great food"
This hotel is fantastic. Great food, awesome alcohol options (Grey Goose, Johny Walker Black, etc.), lots of activities going on, the pools are beautiful, and the service is impeccable. A lot of reviews I read before coming complained about the beach... the sand was white and barely rocky at all. Yes, the water is a green color opposed to clear blue but hey you can't everything. I found the beach to be absolutely fine as is certainly not a reason to not come to this hotel. The staff were incredibly attentive whenever I had a problem. Its also very secluded from the cheap vegas looking strip of hotels in Cancun, so much better area than all those ones. Highly recommended!
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
Ryan
"Excellent hotel with outstanding service"
Staff are all fascinating and helpful. French, Italy, Japan, Seafood, Grill, lots of quality food. The 9:30pm show totally worth every penny I paid.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Loved it"
We had a great experience - the food was better than any other resort I've been to, and the staff was friendlier too! The rooms were large and comfortable. Really, we have no complaints. One suggestion only - we wish there was more than one outdoor dining option (we are spoiled, lol). Really, it was a great stay.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013