All hotels in Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Bahia Petempich Sm12 Mz 31, Lote 14-02, Puerto Morelos, QROO, 77580, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
"Loved it"
We had a great experience - the food was better than any other resort I've been to, and the staff was friendlier too! The rooms were large and comfortable. Really, we have no complaints. One suggestion only - we wish there was more than one outdoor dining option (we are spoiled, lol). Really, it was a great stay.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Where is the blue water in the picture?"
Well this was our 4th time staying with this resort chain. I must say the food, rooms, staff are my favorite out of the 4 resorts. We were here celebrating our 10th anniversary. We arrived and were greeted with cool face towels and a yummy drink. We waiting a few minutes to check in and then headed to our room. We paid extra to have a swimout. Well as we headed to our room I knew I our room was not going to be a good one. We we in a very back corner of the resort and looking out our room there was no swim out and we were in a corner with bushes and had a brick wall for a view. We quickly went back to the check in to complain. Well we were offered to pay even more to upgrade to a different area but I'm sorry after already paying extra for a swimout I was not ok with paying even more. We ended up staying in this room but I went back the following day and spoke to Roger who was very attentive and quickly had no problem giving us the proper upgrade. This made things much better and now we could enjoy our vacation. I'm not the complaining type but when you pay a lot of money for an upgrade I expect it. I wish that was the only problem but unfortunately not. On our 5th night our room was broken into and my husbands iPhone, $100 in cash and my blow dryer were stolen. Security did come, lots of them but really not much help. We are still working on finding who took the phone because they had made two calls before wiping it. It was an eye opener for us that's for sure.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"Hotel was o.k., but I expected more."
Hotel staff was excellent; rooms large and comfortable, though floors were constantly wet; furniture in lobby areas worn and in need of replacement. Road into facility underwater and a mess; beatiful pool areas, but lousy beach that is filled with seaweed and rocky bottom; if you are looking for pristine caribean beach with azure water, look elswhere. Food options were plentiful and of high quality, and staff was very attentive.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Cliff
"Secluded Resort, awful oceanfront, great staff"
The resort is beautiful, the pools are really nice, and the staff is amazing. It really is secluded down a long road where the only way to really get into a town is by taxi or car rental. We did rent a car for two days, which was wonderful and the roads are really easy to maneuver. The beach is a major disappointment as the water is so full of seaweed there is no way you would want to go in. The outside grill is a great idea, unfortunately it served burgers and French fries where I would have rather they served some sort of Mexican street type food. The people who work there are amazing and we felt very pampered by them. We probably wouldn't stay here again but we would rather be able to walk around an area and get a feel for it's people as well as be able to swim in the ocean versus a pool.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
hotel was beautiful. hotel staff was WONDERFUL ...everyone was pleasant and happy .. Hotel grounds were perfect..Food was absolutely amazing.... I have traveled a lot and the food here was by far the BEST..We were 6 couples and we all agree that this Hotel and its staff were EXCELLENT can not enough say it enough!!!!!!!!
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"Beautiful getaway"
Everything involved with the hotel is great. The staff go above and beyond to make you happy. Activities provided by hotel are entertaining. Only thing was the room temperature wasn't able to be set very low to our own desired level. Would come back and recommend!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
nick and sam
"Great service - close to the airport :)"
Quick drive from the airport, phenomenal service at restaurants and there's always someone there with a drink in their hand for you :)
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Dawn A
"Perfection!!!"
The resort was amazing. The beach area was beautiful. The staff was super friendly. The food was delicious. There were tons of activities to participate in. I would go back again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"10 year anniversary"
Staff bent over backwards for you. Room was beautiful and clean. Pool areas were nice. Definitely a great experience, especially for the price. We had a great time!
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
LSU fans
"Fourth stay at Silversands!"
This was our 4th time to stay at Silversands, just can't say enough about how wonderful our time there was. We call this our home in Mexico!
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
M
"Excellent, but beach was disappointing"
We stayed at the Secrets Wild Orchid in Jamaica for our honeymoon last year and were blown away by such an incredible experience. We had the same great experience at Silversands, but were very disappointed by the beach. It was rocky, and the water was not very clear or clean due to lots of seaweed which made the water appear to be dark. For a resort in the Cancun area, I was caught off guard by this since my previous two trips to Cancun beaches were spectacular with clear turquoise waters and white sand, clear of rocks. The service, grounds, rooms, food and drinks were incredible. We would definitely consider staying at another Secrets resort, but will do much more investigation on the condition of the beach in the future.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"It's an ok resort but there is better ones around"
1. the beach is very ugly (can't really get in and you will not want to) 2. the rooms are old looking 3. the pools need a lot of repairmen's 5. the only good thing is the food; was really good!
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Nice hotel to share with"
I recommend this hotel to people that are searching for a place that includes everything (entertainment, resort, spa, good meaks, etc)
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Gabe
"GREAT HOTEL"
BEST ALL INCLUSIVE I HAVE BEEN TO YOU DONT HAVE TO LINE UP TO BOOK FOR DINNERS, ROOMS GREAT, ROOM SERVICE BEACH SERVICE ALL EXCELLENT. WAS NOT HAPPY THAT EXPEDIA DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSPORT TO THE HOTEL. MOST PACKAGES INCLUDE THIS , TAXI RIDE COST 75$ GOING 45 BACK $ SEEMS A REAL SCAM GOING ON AT THE AIRPORT, EXPEDIA SHOULD DISCLOSE THIS WHEN BOOKING
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Overall Great Resort"
We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Secrets Silversands. The hotel staff was extremely polite and very courteous. All of the accommodations were very clean and well kept. The resort was approximately 20 minutes from the airport. We had an excellent stay and would definitely return.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Very nice hotel with great staff and food!"
Great experience at this hotel from the welcome to the farewell...
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"GREAT vacation / wonderful resort"
This was our second visit to Secrets Silversands and we were NOT disappointed. We had a top floor beach-front room. The resort was clean. The food was delicious. The staff always went above and beyond.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Jim and Laura
"Great Food And Fun"
Our stay was wonderful! Super friendly staff and great accommodations! The food was excellent! I highly recommend asking your server what they recommend, their pick was always the best on the table! The entertainment team was a blast! Have fun and get involved in the activities! The night life at this resort is very exciting too!
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff"
Overall this was a very pleasant stay. The hotel was excellent, but the beach was not a swimmers beach.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Jay
"Excellent food and service. Service is wonderful."
My experience was wondeful. Nice hotel and staff. My husband and I had a wonderful week in the hotel.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Great Experience!!"
One of the best resorts in Mexico!!! Staff and locals were all pleasant!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Our stay at Secrets Silversands"
Our stay from beginning to end was very nice. We were met with open arms and champagne! Our room was spacious and cleaned every day. The whole atmosphere was very nice. We loved the pool along with the whole waiter staff. We enjoyed the variety of food offered on a daily basis, and the guacamole was top notch!! The grounds were beautiful and very clean.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
sissy
"Great hotel on the beach"
First time at Secrets and totally enjoyed it. Entertainment staff was very energetic and made all feel welcome. All inclusive so did not push many extras other than the spa. Food was excellent in all the restaurants and no reservations were needed except for the Japanese steak house. Mostly a couples resort with lots of honeymooners and anniversery's. The beach was just OK which was fine with us as we stayed mostly by the pools.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Gregg
"Beautiful hotel with excellent staff"
This hotel is wonderful! The food was incredible and the staff go above and beyond to make you feel very special. There are several activities that go on throughout the day and there are awesome shows at night. The pools are beautiful. I was a little disappointed in the water at the beach. I thought it would have been much clearer, instead there was a lot of seaweed and the water wasn't very clear. The sand is beautiful and clean. The beach was beautiful. We had a great trip!
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Great hotel and wonderful staff!"
The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very friendly! The restaurants offer a great variety and the shows that they put on at night are something to watch! From the minute you are greeted with a fresh, scented cloth to wipe away the travel residues and the glasses of champagne given to you during registration to the friendly staff and bellhop who walks you to your room and familiarizes you with the amenities, our overall experience was one that we would happily recommend!
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Nice hotel but lacking in relaxation."
Hotel was very nice except for the rowdiness at the main pool. Not a very relaxing environment at times.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
Celina
"Perfect Adults-Only Resort"
Absolutely fantastic resort! From the champagne at check-in to the superb quality and variety of food to the beyond attentive wait and entertainment staff...it was just a phenomenal trip. We're vegetarians and NEVER lacked for choice or quality of food. The only downside (and it didn't even matter to us) was the mediocre beach - if you're a beach person, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you're good with amazing pools, this is the place for you!
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
SM
"Nice for couples or groups of couples."
It's a beautiful and well kept up hotel. Rooms are great--very big, fantastic beds, cool bathroom. Had a couple issues (room keys wouldn't work, loud noise from wedding outside our room, housekeeping didn't come until very late) and they were very apologetic. Food was good but inconsistent compared to other all inclusives we have been to. Overall good but not great.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
"Hotel itself amazing..."
The resort itself was amazing....the staff really made this place. Every single person there genuinely wants to take such great care of you. I don't think my wife and I ever walked passed a staff member without a smile and a greeting. The staff's work ethic and attention to detail was really impressive. The food at the restaurants was very good....our favorites were the Patio, which served Mexican food and Himitsu, which was their Japanese restaurant. The upkeep of the place is also amazing, and It is super clean and modern. The disappointing part of our experience were the misbehaved/rude/drunk/trashy American tourists. My wife and I were truly disgusted at the way a lot of these people acted at the pool and around the resort. We actually spent most of our time on the beach, and by our swim up pool outside of our room to avoid these people. We stopped going to the only full-service lunch restaurant because we had to listen to and watch these awful people since it was right by the pool. I suppose these guests felt that since it is an adults only resort, they could behave however they wanted. We too were Americans on vacation, who wanted to enjoy drinks and relax....we felt like these other guests were overdoing it and in turn put a damper on some of the things we wanted to enjoy.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great Resort"
I went here for my honeymoon and it was wonderful. It is true luxury and the service is amazing. They have a good variety of restaurants which are all really good. I only went for 1 week and feel like it wasn't enough. I would definitely go back to this resort if I have the chance.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Cancun all-inclusive"
The room was beautiful! a bit cold........ The food quality was varied. Coming from Chicago the beef was inferior. At some of the restaurants, the service was extremely slow--the French restaurant The pools were outstanding. The entertainment scheduled too late.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"GREAT FOR COUPLES"
EXCELLENT SERVICE. THEY ARE LIKE RITZ CARLTON AND MUCH BETTER THAN THEM. ROOMS ARE BIG, NICE AND CLEAN. RESTAURANTS ARE AMAZING, NICE FOOD DINER TIME YOU HAVE MANY TO CHOOSE AND THE PORTIONS ARE PERFECT. POOLS ARE VERY CLEAN. THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM FANTASTIC. EVENTS WERE GREAT. THE BEACH HAS A LOT OF ROCKS BUT YOU CAN GO TO PLAYA DEL CARMEN AT SECRETS MAROMA OR CANCUN. BUT OVERALL 6 STARS HOTEL.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
LEONARDO
"Honeymooners 1313"
The hotel was amazing, the staff was great. The resort should really consider providing their guest with transportation to and from their sister resorts. This was the best honeymoon location and would definitely return next year for our anniversary.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
Sun69shine
"Great place to relax and recharge your batteries."
Really friendly service, excellent culinary experience and the best we ever had in Mexico.
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
"Top Notch Vacation!"
Third time staying at a Dreams/Secrets All Inculsive. Would recommend to anyone looking for a top notch establishment! Food, Service, Drinks, Restaurants, etc all top of the Line... I was hard to Leave!
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
"Great adult hotel"
Great place. Great food, great seervice. One big issue for us...we were a party of 8, and most restaurants would not accomodate us. We ahd to sit at separate tables.
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
"Great for couples."
We celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary here. We experienced excellent attention and service from start to finish. Every level of staff [from] management to service providers exceeded our expectations. The property and all ammenities are well maintained. Excellent location to area attractions and the airport, etc.
Other trip Feb 17, 2013

"Great Resort"
Great stay! Staff were great and very helpful. Outdoor grill was the best restaurant overall.
8 night romance trip Oct 26, 2015
DAVE
Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience from checking in to leaving.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Ian
"Get resort with amazing food!"
Beautiful resort with 8+ amazing pools and restaurants. Had a great honeymoon - would definitely recommend
9 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Great hotel. Staff could not do enough for you. Entertainment team were good too. Yes the beach had a problem with seaweed, however this is not the hotels fault and they are doing all they can to clear it each day. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.
12 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Loraine
Service was excellent, food was good, the beach had too much seaweed, but the staff tried their best to clean it daily
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
Luffee
"Amazing hotel and resort. Great entertainment."
We stayed for a week and had an amazing time. the food, drinks, entertainment, and staff made our stay pleasure able. Only downfall maybe the size of the beach, however not a big deal.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Actually all inclusive"
Excellent hotel with great customer service. Our only complaint was our stay was too short. Many food options at a high quality, evening entertainment is fun, can have any drink you like made for you at one of the bars, the mini bar in your room is included and re filled daily (this isn't always the case). Downside the spa is very overpriced and not included and the VIP vouchers you get to use at the spa still don't make the prices comparative to 5 star spas back home when you consider the prices are in USD. But this is an optional non included activity. You can see that it is not a brand new resort however the level of cleanliness is excellent which is what is important to us. The beach is nice the pools are plentiful and the guests really build friendly relationships with the staff. This was a stand out as the other 3 hotels we previously stayed in throughout Mexico did not have anywhere near the customer service. Highly recommended.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Aimee
"Perfect honeymoon destination"
Perfect honeymoon destination. Location was amazing, staff were lovely and very helpful. Food was gorgeous.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Andrea
"Beautiful Hotel. As seen on website."
Had the greatest getaway to Secrets Silversands. Resort, food and hospitality was top notch!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Anna
"Great hotel overall"
Great hotel, great staff, great food, staff does a great job maintaining beach. we were worried about the bad reviews about the beach. Totaly fine! Sand & beach were fine, Dont worry lots of chairs and towels for all. The one bad thing would be the smell coming from the washroom drain pipes in the morning ( not anything the staff can help with). If your feeling brave join the party in the large hot tub around 5 pm every day. Standing room only ;)
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
L & S
"Group of 7 at the Riviera Maya"
We found the hotel facility, accommodation and most of the staff to be excellent. We had swim up rooms that were very well appointed and our own private patios. They advertise 8 restaurants where the food and presentation does not disappoint. Our disappointment was that on our second night our group of 7 would not be allowed to be seated together for dinner at three of the restaurants. Eventually we were accommodated at the El Patio and Antonia did her best to make sure the rest of our stay went more smoothly. The grounds at the hotel are beautiful, they did their best to keep the beach free of seaweed and there were a lot of lounges. The assistant entertainment director Adrian did an excellent job as did his co-workers. All of us enjoyed the entertainment and being able to participate in some of it was a lot of fun. In the future we would probably do a 3 1/2 -4 star all inclusive as we did not feel the extra cost for the 5 star was worth it for us.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"One week visit in January"
We stayed for a week the last week in January. The hotel and rooms are nice. The food is excellent and the staff go out of their way to make your stay excellent. My wife drinks almond milk on her cereal and asked of they had any. They did no,t but went out and purchased some and had it for her the rest of the week. The pool waiters are top notch. I would stay again
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
mike
We went there last year too. Had a great time both times.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014