All hotels in Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereBahia Petempich Sm12 Mz 31, Lote 14-02, Puerto Morelos, QROO, 77580, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Very nice hotel with great staff and food!"
Great experience at this hotel from the welcome to the farewell...
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"GREAT vacation / wonderful resort"
This was our second visit to Secrets Silversands and we were NOT disappointed. We had a top floor beach-front room. The resort was clean. The food was delicious. The staff always went above and beyond.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Jim and Laura
"Great Food And Fun"
Our stay was wonderful! Super friendly staff and great accommodations! The food was excellent! I highly recommend asking your server what they recommend, their pick was always the best on the table! The entertainment team was a blast! Have fun and get involved in the activities! The night life at this resort is very exciting too!
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff"
Overall this was a very pleasant stay. The hotel was excellent, but the beach was not a swimmers beach.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Jay
"Excellent food and service. Service is wonderful."
My experience was wondeful. Nice hotel and staff. My husband and I had a wonderful week in the hotel.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Great Experience!!"
One of the best resorts in Mexico!!! Staff and locals were all pleasant!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Our stay at Secrets Silversands"
Our stay from beginning to end was very nice. We were met with open arms and champagne! Our room was spacious and cleaned every day. The whole atmosphere was very nice. We loved the pool along with the whole waiter staff. We enjoyed the variety of food offered on a daily basis, and the guacamole was top notch!! The grounds were beautiful and very clean.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
sissy
"Great hotel on the beach"
First time at Secrets and totally enjoyed it. Entertainment staff was very energetic and made all feel welcome. All inclusive so did not push many extras other than the spa. Food was excellent in all the restaurants and no reservations were needed except for the Japanese steak house. Mostly a couples resort with lots of honeymooners and anniversery's. The beach was just OK which was fine with us as we stayed mostly by the pools.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Gregg
"Beautiful hotel with excellent staff"
This hotel is wonderful! The food was incredible and the staff go above and beyond to make you feel very special. There are several activities that go on throughout the day and there are awesome shows at night. The pools are beautiful. I was a little disappointed in the water at the beach. I thought it would have been much clearer, instead there was a lot of seaweed and the water wasn't very clear. The sand is beautiful and clean. The beach was beautiful. We had a great trip!
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Great hotel and wonderful staff!"
The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very friendly! The restaurants offer a great variety and the shows that they put on at night are something to watch! From the minute you are greeted with a fresh, scented cloth to wipe away the travel residues and the glasses of champagne given to you during registration to the friendly staff and bellhop who walks you to your room and familiarizes you with the amenities, our overall experience was one that we would happily recommend!
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Nice hotel but lacking in relaxation."
Hotel was very nice except for the rowdiness at the main pool. Not a very relaxing environment at times.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
Celina
"Perfect Adults-Only Resort"
Absolutely fantastic resort! From the champagne at check-in to the superb quality and variety of food to the beyond attentive wait and entertainment staff...it was just a phenomenal trip. We're vegetarians and NEVER lacked for choice or quality of food. The only downside (and it didn't even matter to us) was the mediocre beach - if you're a beach person, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you're good with amazing pools, this is the place for you!
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
SM
"Nice for couples or groups of couples."
It's a beautiful and well kept up hotel. Rooms are great--very big, fantastic beds, cool bathroom. Had a couple issues (room keys wouldn't work, loud noise from wedding outside our room, housekeeping didn't come until very late) and they were very apologetic. Food was good but inconsistent compared to other all inclusives we have been to. Overall good but not great.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
"Hotel itself amazing..."
The resort itself was amazing....the staff really made this place. Every single person there genuinely wants to take such great care of you. I don't think my wife and I ever walked passed a staff member without a smile and a greeting. The staff's work ethic and attention to detail was really impressive. The food at the restaurants was very good....our favorites were the Patio, which served Mexican food and Himitsu, which was their Japanese restaurant. The upkeep of the place is also amazing, and It is super clean and modern. The disappointing part of our experience were the misbehaved/rude/drunk/trashy American tourists. My wife and I were truly disgusted at the way a lot of these people acted at the pool and around the resort. We actually spent most of our time on the beach, and by our swim up pool outside of our room to avoid these people. We stopped going to the only full-service lunch restaurant because we had to listen to and watch these awful people since it was right by the pool. I suppose these guests felt that since it is an adults only resort, they could behave however they wanted. We too were Americans on vacation, who wanted to enjoy drinks and relax....we felt like these other guests were overdoing it and in turn put a damper on some of the things we wanted to enjoy.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great Resort"
I went here for my honeymoon and it was wonderful. It is true luxury and the service is amazing. They have a good variety of restaurants which are all really good. I only went for 1 week and feel like it wasn't enough. I would definitely go back to this resort if I have the chance.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Cancun all-inclusive"
The room was beautiful! a bit cold........ The food quality was varied. Coming from Chicago the beef was inferior. At some of the restaurants, the service was extremely slow--the French restaurant The pools were outstanding. The entertainment scheduled too late.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"GREAT FOR COUPLES"
EXCELLENT SERVICE. THEY ARE LIKE RITZ CARLTON AND MUCH BETTER THAN THEM. ROOMS ARE BIG, NICE AND CLEAN. RESTAURANTS ARE AMAZING, NICE FOOD DINER TIME YOU HAVE MANY TO CHOOSE AND THE PORTIONS ARE PERFECT. POOLS ARE VERY CLEAN. THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM FANTASTIC. EVENTS WERE GREAT. THE BEACH HAS A LOT OF ROCKS BUT YOU CAN GO TO PLAYA DEL CARMEN AT SECRETS MAROMA OR CANCUN. BUT OVERALL 6 STARS HOTEL.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
LEONARDO
"Honeymooners 1313"
The hotel was amazing, the staff was great. The resort should really consider providing their guest with transportation to and from their sister resorts. This was the best honeymoon location and would definitely return next year for our anniversary.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
Sun69shine
"Great place to relax and recharge your batteries."
Really friendly service, excellent culinary experience and the best we ever had in Mexico.
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
"Top Notch Vacation!"
Third time staying at a Dreams/Secrets All Inculsive. Would recommend to anyone looking for a top notch establishment! Food, Service, Drinks, Restaurants, etc all top of the Line... I was hard to Leave!
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
"Great adult hotel"
Great place. Great food, great seervice. One big issue for us...we were a party of 8, and most restaurants would not accomodate us. We ahd to sit at separate tables.
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
"Great for couples."
We celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary here. We experienced excellent attention and service from start to finish. Every level of staff [from] management to service providers exceeded our expectations. The property and all ammenities are well maintained. Excellent location to area attractions and the airport, etc.
Other trip Feb 17, 2013
"Nice resort, even with service hiccup"
We were pretty excited about this trip as we loved Secrets Maroma (SM) so much that we kept comparing all other resorts to it. SM is a nicer property, beyond just the beach, it’s smaller, upgraded, and quieter. If Maroma was only slightly more money we would have gone back for this trip but decided to try SSS, which is good and worth the price difference. Let me preface this review with we had an unfortunate customer service issue with the concierge our first night which put a damper our trip, hence our overall “OK” rating. The management has made an effort to apologize but sadly the damage is done. Generally the staff were good, if they weren’t friendly they seemed efficient and worked hard. The beach was nicer than we expected. The issue is getting INTO the water. Very rocky/shells. So if you like nice white sand and see the ocean you’ll be happy. Swimmers, not so much. Loved our swim out room. It was a great location and amazing afternoon sun. We even had wait staff. We did have a few of issues with our room but they were quick to fix. Food was good – not the best all inclusive food we have had, but near the top. Entertainment. We are not big show people but enjoyed they had lots of bands outside of the nightly show. Spa was ok. Pricey for the quality of services received, but generally well kept spa and nice staff. With all that said, a nice resort with lots of thought and effort into some of the details but wouldn’t go back.
Other trip Feb 8, 2013
Ohiofoodluv
"Best resort hands down"
From start to finish this resort was the most accommodating, interactive, attentive, incredible place I've ever been to. I've traveled the world and have been waiting for a place like this. The entertainment staff made my stay there. I was traveling by myself, yet never felt alone there. There is always something to do and the staff is always having fun. They make everyone feel welcome, all ages. These guys are top notch amazing!!! Jorge, Jay C, Alex and Rango, I can't say enough about these guys!!! I did not want to go home. So much so that I'll be looking into getting a time share there. From the front desk to the waiters to bartenders, everyone greets you with a smile and it's genuinely happy you're there. The spa there is also incredibly serene. I went back three more times after my first visit in a week. Now it's just a matter of when I'm going to go back. As soon as possible!!
8 night trip Dec 18, 2012
Joanna
"not good enough for price paid"
Everything was good enough, but not worth money paid...
2 night trip Jan 16, 2013
"Great All-Inclusive Adults-Only Resort...but"
a very nice resort, especially the superb staff and waiters/waitresses, bartenders, and the 8 restaurants were outstanding. excellent grounds and beach setup. two big items tho: on the northern half of the resort (includes half the rooms) there was a persistent stench...smelled like a sewer but the staff said it was "from the jungle" regardless, it detracted from the vistas and the overall experience. second item is their spa is a contract operation to the hotel and they charge $59 to walk in the door--daily fee. I am used to a resort spa where you pay for a service like a massage, but not to walk in the door and take a shower and a sauna after your fitness center workout. so in that sense, this is not an all-inclusive resort as advertised. My advice: request a room on the south side!
Other trip Jan 23, 2013
"Great Getaway"
First visit to an all inclusive resort and all jitters were set aside once greeted at front door with a cool towel and glass of champagne! The staff, pool, beach, spa, restaurants, all were superb. Only drawback was the house wine selections was generally poor at the bars and restaurants.
Other trip Jan 6, 2013
Randy
"Great adult getaway"
I thought the Hotel, room and staff were very good for the price. The theatre entertainment was weak. However, musicians and magician were good. The best restaurant I thought was italian. worst mexican. However, mariachi singer was magnificient!!!!! I would go back here again....No regrets.. Plus, my parents have never done an all inclusive and they thought it was wonderful.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
"A Beautiful Getaway!"
This was my second trip to Secrets Silversands. I've also stayed at Secrets Maroma (between the Silversands visits) and chose to return to Silversands because of their activities. Both resorts are beautiful, have great food and great service, but we prefer daily activities like bingo, blackjack, etc. If the beach is your thing, Maroma would be your resort. Their beach has one up on Silversands. But if you're like my husband and I and plan to spend the day around the pool and/or playing games, book Silversands. We love them and are already planning our next trip.
Other trip Dec 24, 2012
"Great resort if you want privacy"
The resort is beautiful. At first glance, the resort seems average with square, almost motel 6 like buildings, with rooms with exterior entrances. Don't let this deceive you, rooms are large, airy and fantastic. All rooms have a jacuzzi tub. We had a room in the preferred club. The benefits to the club were free Internet ($60 US/Week) and access to the preferred club. The preferred club was not all that exclusive to me (virtually a business center with a bar). There are several pools with ranging temperatures. The staff is amazing. They are attentive, friendly and accommodating. I was surprised how few people gave the staff tips. I know the resort touts itself as an all inclusive ( including tips) but how do you not tip a server running to get you drinks poolside, or the staff at the restaurants? I watched a group of 7 eat at a steak dinner complete with drinks and not leave a tip. The food at the hotel was average in comparison to the all inclusive resorts that I have stayed at in the past, but the selection of restaurants was good. The alcohol selection was better than most all inclusive resorts that I have stayed at, with no up charge for top shelf liquor and champagne. All bars close by 11pm, lounges 1am. There is corona in your room fridge and it is restocked daily. Maids and room service were very good (turn down service). The beach reminded me more of a bay or inlet and not the blue ocean of Cancun. The resorts is isolated. The spa is worth the visit
Other trip Dec 8, 2012
TuffTC
"Perfect place!"
I was a little worried about booking a resort have reading so many reviews, it seemed like despite thousands of positive reviews the negative views always stuck out. My new husband and I had never been to Mexico and so I was nervous about finding the perfect honeymoon place. Silversands was great! The beach despite some reviews was beautiful. They hotel staff kept it very clean and the ocean had a few rocks but not bad. The room was clean and kept fresh for us each day. Turn down each night, roses on the bed and champagne to greet us. The swim out was great for lying next too in the morning sun. The food was awesome and the drinks were perfect. Never had an empty glass unless you todl the great staff you were fine. The VIP Services were very helpful in finding the perfect expeditions to go on and they were at our call each moment. Entertainment was great. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Nov 20, 2012
ML
"Great Hotel without a beach"
First I have to say this was our first time in an ONLY ADULTS hotel and we liked the experience. Not having kids all around makes it easier to rest and have a great time with your couple. The hotel is nice and the food is great, however I was used to be in all inclusive hotels before and there is always food, at Silversands there are two hours during the day where the only option you have is room service and the service is kind of slow (40 minutes wait). The hotel is great and the staff is very nice, they are always trying to help, very courteous, I just can't complaint. My only complaint is that the beach (if it can be called a beach) is not a good one, you don't feel like being in the caribbean at all..
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
carlos
"perfect vacation"
Our trip was perfect. The food, service, and hotel were top notch. Absolutely no complaints:)
Other trip Nov 16, 2012
"Couples Retreat"
This resort was kind of like Eden East...Boom. There were a lot of activities to keep you occupied if you felt the need to get out of the pool. The nightly shows and music were great and kept things interesting. We loved it!
Other trip Nov 9, 2012
"A ++++. A great resort in so many ways."
This was our 2nd visit to SSS. This visit will take us back a third time next year. The resort has the best staff ever. Always friendly and aiming to please. The rooms are spacious and in great condition. We get a Jr. swim-out suite. The resort gives you the choice to hang out at a quieter pool near your building, or when you like the party, you can hang at the main pool. The food is very good. They have good top-shelf liquor, just be sure to ask for it by name. Lots of fun activities and entertainment. The entertainment staff are awesome. My friends had an A/C unit in their room that just wasn't cool enough. They reported it, and when it couldn't be fixed quickly, they moved them to another, and better room. Service and quality is what SSS is all about. You won't regret your choice.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
We had great time in secrets silversand. The hotel and the service are amazing. The beach next to the hotel is horrible and not comfortable at all.
8 night trip Sep 1, 2012
Mahdi
"An amazing vacation at Secrets Silversands!!!"
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were offered cold towels and champaign right away. The front desk check in was quick. The staff was friendly; service at the restaurants/pool was quick. Our room did have a stale smell when we entered but that was quickly dismissed by lighting the incense stick they provide daily. The room was comparable to the one at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami; the bed was very comfortable; the pillows stayed fluffy and did not flatten out. The whole hotel is very modern and the decor, minimalistic. Three things did not work at the room-the hairdryer, light over the bed and the clogged sink (were all addressed promptly). Activities galore happen throughout the day: aquaerobics, beach/pool volleyball, horseshoes, crazy game, bike ride, yoga, card games and bingo. At night, the theater comes alive with performances including Rock of Ages, Fire Show, Secrets Idol, Elvis, etc. There were live bands at night at the Veranda Bar and dancing at Desires Club. We loved the food at World Cafe for breakfast and lunch; poolside they have the Barefoot Grill, Oceana and Seaside Grill; for dinner, there were lots of choices from Mexican at El Patio, mediterranean at Ratatouille, italian at Portofino, french at Bordeaux or asian at Hiramitsu. I can't emphasize enough how friendly and courteous the numerous members of the staff were: Andres fr mgmt, Francisco & Nery fr pool service, Elizabeth/Iris at the spa, Fidelino/Marybel fr our dinner by the beach.
Other trip Sep 8, 2012
Don
"Great service, decent food, great beach."
We loved this hotel. It was clean and the staff is very friendly at all hours. The entertainment at night was great too. We rented a car, which I highly recommend. It was $100 for a week and made it much easier to have adventures on our own schedules. We did tip most of the time, even though you don't need to. But I don't think I noticed any difference in service because of it unless you're sitting at the same bar for a while. The food was decent, but I'd recommend venturing out to playa del Carmen for an evening for shopping and dining. We went to both playa and Cancun, but Playa del Carmen is by far a much more fun city to walk around in. The beach there is beautiful too. We took the ferry to Cozumel twice and it's fairly inexpensive. If you go out there, I recommend renting scooters. Oh, and exchange your dollars for pesos because so many people try to rip you off if you pay in dollars because they make up the exchange rate and you lose money.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
"Wonderful Honeymoon!"
This is one of my top choices for an all inclusive resort! There was always something for you to do each day if you wanted. If not then you could take the time to relax comfortably on the beach or by the pool. The choice of restaurants was great as well and they served just the right amount of food...we would recommend the Hibachi (we went there twice)! The staff was very helpful in anything we needed and friendly too!
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
"Great for couples!"
We had a great getaway, fantastic food and wonderful staff. James
Other trip Jul 28, 2012
"Great resort for a couple."
Overall a great vacation getaway. My wife and I enjoyed it very much. Food was fine, entertainment was great and the facility as a whole was pleasing. The down side is that the beach is not good and the power went off periodically during our stay. I would still rate the resort at a 4.
Other trip Jul 28, 2012
"fun times"
we had a fabulous time here! we are in our early 30s and enjoy lounging by the pool with cocktails and good food. we didn't really care about nightlife as we were normally done after dinner :) but we did hear some people wish for more of that. the food, the accomodations and the staff were FABULOUS!
Other trip Jul 25, 2012
"silversands cancun"
Best vacation ever, no more ships. Does not get better than the Silversands
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
wayne
"Great hotel, not so great beach"
The hotel itself was beautiful, very modern and clean the staff was very nice and service by the pool was great. The downfall was we payed extra money for a upgraded ocean view room and it had a horrible sewer smell. When we confronted the staff they said they were aware but there was nothing they could do about. They said some rooms in our building had the smell and some didn't. The pools were great but if you are a beach person this is not the hotel for you. The beach was small, not that clear pretty blue water, it looked more like lake water. If you want the beach feel then keep looking for a different hotel. The all- inclusive was great especially the alcohol. I would recommend this hotel but make sure to ask about the sewer gas smell and the beach area was the biggest disappointment. If you are not a beach person than this is the hotel for youand it was nice that it was adults only ...
Other trip Jul 11, 2012
Flores
"Great Couples Hotel"
Staff was friendly and very accomdating. Hotel was clean, rooms very nice.
Other trip Jul 10, 2012
"Awesome relaxing vaca!"
By far, one of the nicest vacations destinations yet. A great place for couples to go and get pampered! Clean, accomodating, friendly staff, and delicious food! Already planning our next visit!
Other trip Jul 5, 2012
"Perfect vacation!"
My husband and I vacationed at the resort in June 2012 with 5 other couples - it was AMAZING! Excellent food, VERY friendly staff and great location.
Other trip Jul 2, 2012
"Secrets Silversand June Stay"
Very nice hotel with great amenities. Smaller resort that allows for privacy and seclusion if wanted. Great entertainment staff with multiple activities daily. Great food, six eateries open every night. Tipping is widespread, most people tip with each drink order and meal. Spa is excellent, variety of services. Nothing within walking distance, resort is in secluded area that is about 10 min drive from main roadway. Taxi and shuttle services are available. Preferred club not is worth it unless you want the WiFi in room or unlimited computer access, everything else is pretty much available to all guests.
Other trip Jun 13, 2012
"Perfect Get-away for a Young Professional Couple"
I would recommend this resort to couples who are looking for a high-end resort with excellence service and high-quality food. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at this resort and that is the reason why I would give this hotel such a high rating. However, if you are looking for all the details to be perfect, please consider the Secrets Maroma instead. Like other reviewers mentioned, there are details that can be improved. Let me start with the good: Being a New Yorker, I have to say our standards are pretty high when it comes to food. The food quality and ambiance of the restaurants and even the buffet and seaside restaurant was perfect. We enjoyed Portifino's and Bordeaux the most. The Japanese restaurant had a Fusion, club -like atmosphere but the food is not much better than your typical Chinese take-out restaurant. If you're looking for a clean, romantic property - this is the place for you. The crowd was exactly in our age category. We met couples that were within the age range and there were no screaming kids. This is perfect if you're looking for some peace and quiet. Critique: - There was rust coming out of the pipes in our room's whirlpool. - The bathroom door made a loud noise.... perhaps the door hinge was of poor quality. - The shower head was leaking - The paint job in the room was not perfect.... but the room still looked nice.
Other trip Jun 13, 2012
"greatest hotel ever!!!"
The food was great and the staff was some of the niest people I have ever met. They spoke 4 languages and did the best to take care of every need. We did not want to come home and both my wife and I asked them if they had job openings. We will be back next year for sure.
Other trip Jun 10, 2012