All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1001 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.5
    2.5
    2.2
"Pleasantly Surprised"
From the ratings I was a bit concerned about our stay but I was pleasantly surprised! The room was quite large and beds comfortable. We had a microwave and mini frig in our room. It was quiet on a not to busy corner in town; the Ramada was across the street. It was easy to find. Breakfast was muffins and cereal, not to impressive.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Stinky room"
The room smelled awful! Like a combination of old smoke & multiple odors. It appeared fairly clean & was adequate size. The Manager was very nice & friendly. The continental breakfast was minimal. I'm glad we got the Sunday rate. I woul never pay more for that room.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Not an accurate depiction"
The photos on the website were not accurate. The hotel is very run down. The shower head was new and that was awesome!
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
carol
"i did not stay there"
we booked the hotel and was for 3 adults and 3 children. 2 queen beds with pull out beds. when I check in at 9 that night, the receptionist told me that we only have 3 adults on the request and no children. the hotel does not have pull out beds. it was a very cold receptionist.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Don't bother"
It sucked. Really tired and rundown property. The smell of curry was overwhelming
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Carmine
It was a last minute stay, the room wasn't what the pictures looked like on the internet, but it was very decent for the price we paid. The location was great, it was right by the freeway, we didn't have to worry about getting lost, or driving to an unknown location. It was 10 min away from both Morro Bay and Pismo.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Nice stay!"
Nice stay, everything you need for a budget motel! Only problem I had was the carpet seemed like it needed to be shampooed. But it's within walking distance to a lot of great places!
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Christina
It was terrible. The alarm was broken and hanging out. The price was Mia quote.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
craig
Stayed overnight for a business trip and the bed was hard, the AC in the room did not work. When I complained to the hotel clerk he stated to open the window it was not hot enough for the AC. I would not recommend anyone to stay here and I would certainly not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"OK for the money."
We arrived about 12:30 and the clerk said check in is at 3:00. I explained I needed to be somewhere at that time. He went ahead and gave me a room. My wife couldn't sleep on the hard bed so she slept on the over stuffed chair and ottoman. I can sleep almost anywhere when I'm tired.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
"Avoid this hotell"
Not worth the money!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Björn
Can't complain to much cause the other hotel the night before stunk so bad. This one was decent for the price.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
cathy
"Overall good,need to take few necessities"
-no iron -stiff bed -bring refreeze for musty room -over all, I would book another stay in the future.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Not the real slim shady."
Felt seedy. When we arrived there were a couple of "shady" looking guys drinking and smoking outside of their room. Cigarette butts in all the planters, like its never cleaned up. No receptacle for the butts. Sheets were clean. Proprietors nice. Not the greatest area, who knew. It served the purpose, just needed a place to rest our heads. I guess we got what we paid for.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Margaret
Horrible roon
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
richard
"Great place"
Only stayed for a short time a night and was very surprised in a pleasant way.
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
Elda
"Pleasant staff"
Just a short overnight.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Somewhere to stay"
Room ok TV very old needs up dating.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Dianne
"Needs cleaning up out side and maintenance in side"
Marks on carpet smoke butts out side door in front garden this motel is a no smoking but they are doing right out side rooms
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Dianne
Disappointed in the cost for the room we got, it smelled like a smoker had been in there, the toilet leaked and there was no hot water in the shower.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Colene
"Needs work"
Graduation weekend so the hotel tripled the price, for two nights I paid just under $500. Very disappointed for that price, aN older motel right off the freeway exit, so noisy from the freeway. Room smelled of smoke. I can see that they are trying to clean it up. It was convenient by the college. Just disappointed in the price for the room.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Colene
"good value"
Good value
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
"Comfortable"
Was an overnight business trip.
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
Jerry
"You get what you pay for"
Well they don't call it Budget Inn for nothing. The hotel room was adequate but the beds were terrible.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Not worth the money!!"
This hotel was honestly terrible. It was filthy inside, and it was far too expensive for what it is. There's a reason they called it the "budget" inn
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Dirty"
There was a hole on the wall. The sheets just felt dirty. Never staying here again
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Aida
"Visit to SLO and stayed at Budget Inn"
This is a great hotel with a friendly staff. Close to SLO town center.. perfectly located for visitors to SLO
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
"impressive"
Nice clean place to stsy for family and friends
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Robby
"Ok, probably better places for the same price"
A little run down and the breakfast was really lame, but the room was clean and the Internet was good.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Pete
"Okay"
Our room was okay. It was a bit worn. I found the staff very unfriendly and not very helpful. The continental breakfast (which was only muffins and cereal) didn't even open until 7:00. Since there is no coffee maker in the room, I would have liked to be able to get a cup of coffee earlier than 7:00. I did appreciate the location to the college. Although we got back to the motel at 10:30 and there was no parking in the lot, and we had to park on the street. I would go back in a pinch, but will try other places first.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Brenda
Hotel was clean, comforitable and very reasonably priced. Second visit and will stay again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Pleasant"
Small room, no amenities but comfortable
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
"DO NOT BOOK HERE!!"
The guy at the front desk was so rude, Expedia said check in time was at 1pm the front desk guy said come back at 3pm and your room MIGHT be ready, there was trash under the beds and it stunk in the rooms like smoke and feet, blankets had holes in them, it said they have breakfast which they do not and no pool, was not happy at all staying there...worst hotel experience ever!!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"You get what u pay for"
Bathroom was horrible. Old, chipped up deteriorating. Stained towels. Could hardly sleep. Poorly insulated. Lots of noise from Neighbors and outside activity penetrated the walls like missiles.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"I would stay here again."
Needs some work but it was clean and worked for us. I would stay again.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Anthony
"Great price and location for an evening."
No problems with customer service or room. Great location.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
C
"great"
Very nice easy acess to shops and dining
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Treasa
"I rate this hotel a 5"
I was not please with the hotel at all. It was very dusty. The was was red but the dust on the walls were white and you could see it really well.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Mitza
"Great Stay!"
Great place for the cost.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Blanca
"Yikes!"
Well, perhaps my stay is too fresh in my memory. Walk in your room and be prepared to be hit with a wall of noise...think track-side at the speedway. Then, you may notice light coming through the wall around the ancient air-conditioner set and the cringe-worthy thought that this gap might allow admittance of cold/warm air, bugs, and noise. After that you may notice the plunger next to the toilet, the ice bucket from the Comfort Inn (wait a minute aren't you in the Budget Inn), and the captioning on the TV because you can't hear the sound due to the 101 located 25 yards from the back window. I could go on about the missing shower fixture necessitating wrapping a towel around my hand to actually turn it on and even then, having either scalding hot or frigid showers. My next reservation will be...never. The Budget Inn truly lived up to its' name.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Ellen
"not a good choice!"
The room was a mess! Door leading out the back of the room was unlocked. TV didn't work and no one answered when I called front desk for help. Thankfully my stay was short. This was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in!!!
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
theresa
"Average Stay"
Overall, the room was adequate. The room seemed clean and well attended to except for a lingering odor of cigarettes even though the room was supposed to be non-smoking. That would be my biggest complaint. Other family members were staying in the Ramada across the street. The Budget Inn was definitely cleaner.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Noisy neighbors fighting. Maybe it was a fluke."
Slept well. Bed was comfortable. Room very clean.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Marli
"below average"
It was just a quick stop. Bad noisy location.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
Serge
"Stay away!"
Absolutely disgusting
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Hannah
"Poor Review"
A non-smoking room had at least 3 cigarette burns on the bedspread and burn marks on the bathroom counter.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"nice stop over hotel"
Room was clean and large. Staff were friendly. Ice machine was broken.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Beds suck"
Beds suck. Everytime u move. Sounds like popcorn .. Beds are very unconfortable
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Rudy
"This place is a dump"
We have stayed in several Budget Inn motels. This site was far below our expectations for a Budget Inn which have been much nicer. I was initially charged $207 for this $50 motel room. After calling Hotel they refunding $50 so I ended up paying about $155 for this $50 room
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Convenience to and from College and the City"
Convenience of location to the city and Cal Poly was the main thing of this Hotel
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2014