All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1001 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.6
    2.4
    2.2
"Nice stay for the money you pay"
I thought the hotel was nice. Nothing fancy. And you can smell curry in the office, but it didn't bother me. Very friendly staff!!! Went out of their way to fix our cable for us!!!
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"basic, budget motel"
not bad, whole place lost power one night so all guests were given rooms across the street for the night. rooms are very basic - heater didn't work well, fan in the bathroom was noisy. clean room, hard bed. no frills place. your not going to spend time in the room here, that's for sure, but it was safe and clean and best of all, cheap. exactly what I was looking for as I was relocating from out of state and needed a crash pad while I located an apartment
9 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
I stay at this hotel when I visit SLO. It is located walking distance to the center of downtown SLO and the staff are friendly. Great place for my road trips to SLO.
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2015
ROGER
It was horrible. Left after the first night. The power went out about 9pm, no TV, no heater (broken), cracked tiles floor in the restroom and mildew on the restroom ceiling.
2 night business trip Nov 27, 2015
Brent
"Last option stay"
The office stunk of curry, the service was horrible and the people staying there were loud. They built an alcove in to make two rooms above the office, Don't stay in them! The hallway floor echos due to poor craftsmanship.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2015
Would never go back here again. Ever. Dirty, old, gross.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"Not a fan"
The hotel was very old and unkempt. Maintenance was never thought of there. Paint coming off the exterior walls. Did not have any service at all. No extra pillows. two towels for a room sleeping 4. the management was poor and the hotel stunk of Indian food. Poor continental breakfast. Would never stay there again.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
"Hotel is old and run down."
The hotel was old. The beds were hard and the pillows were flat. No flat screen tv and the bathroom amenities were scarce. Very disappointed.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Don't do it!"
This was the most disgusting hotel/motel my husband and I have ever stayed in. Had we not been in town to visit our son in college and all othe hotels been booked I would have just left and lost the money. I didn't expect much going into it and even brought my own bedding, but this was worse than imagined.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Cal Poly Mom
"one time stay"
Noisy on first night...poorly sound proof. Tub, tv, other small things needed repair. Quartered muffins, cold cereal, milk and icky orange juice breakfast. Beds were comfortable but smelled slightly of bleach. Very accommodating for our dog. The reason why we stayed there.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
"Close to downtown"
Rooms were clean, beds ok, furnishing pretty hodgepodge, walls were very thin you could hear everything which was aweful. It sounded like a brothel from 1am until dawn. They really need to secure the headboards. Very noisey due to traffic, no coffee pot or newer fixtures. Not worth the $170 a night, but had no choice there was,nothing available for 25 miles. Next time I would drive the extra miles to get some sleep.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Medoicre. Breakfast was pretty sparse. Stale cereal and muffins. Room was clean. Pillows towels and beds were hard but the price was good.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
hotel service, condition, cleanliness and neighborhood all bad. Not recommend!
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
TONY
"Low budget buy ok."
Looks low bugdet, felt low budget. Prior to booking I told myself, it's for 1 night and we were going to arrive late anyway. As long as there weren't any bugs I'd be fine.. we were fine. It wasn't terrible. I could hear everything. We all slept ok. And it was easy access, even walking distance to many places.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
We came for a night and the stay was very comfortable. If we are in the area again we would stay there immediatly.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
"Ok"
Was ok
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Place needs some work. Staff not too friendly.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Bad dirty run down hotel but our only option"
It was the only hotel available that night on Labor Day weekend, we paid $250 for one night it was something out of a movie
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
parker
"DONT GO!"
The manager was rude, the hotel was a run down disaster, the room was dirty, the door wouldn't lock and their was what appeared to be crack heads in the room next to me.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2015
"Ok, nothing less and nothing more."
Budget in is an all around ok place to stay. It's good for a cheep place to stay, but you get what your are paying for. It say that breakfast is included but it is basically a muffin and cereal with lots av suger in it, nothing we thought was very appealing. Internet is ok as well, it's usable.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Klas
Unimpressed. Busy street location, lots of traffic. Noisy neighbors in the adjacent rooms. Run down building, outdated rooms. Bare basic place to stay in a pinch. Would not stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Pleasantly Surprised"
From the ratings I was a bit concerned about our stay but I was pleasantly surprised! The room was quite large and beds comfortable. We had a microwave and mini frig in our room. It was quiet on a not to busy corner in town; the Ramada was across the street. It was easy to find. Breakfast was muffins and cereal, not to impressive.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Stinky room"
The room smelled awful! Like a combination of old smoke & multiple odors. It appeared fairly clean & was adequate size. The Manager was very nice & friendly. The continental breakfast was minimal. I'm glad we got the Sunday rate. I woul never pay more for that room.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Not an accurate depiction"
The photos on the website were not accurate. The hotel is very run down. The shower head was new and that was awesome!
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
carol
"i did not stay there"
we booked the hotel and was for 3 adults and 3 children. 2 queen beds with pull out beds. when I check in at 9 that night, the receptionist told me that we only have 3 adults on the request and no children. the hotel does not have pull out beds. it was a very cold receptionist.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Don't bother"
It sucked. Really tired and rundown property. The smell of curry was overwhelming
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Carmine
"convenient walk to downtown- but bare basics hotel"
Not very impressive- not particularly friendly staff, uninteresting breakfast
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Good central location to downtown SLO and Cal Poly"
I've stayed here a few times. Nothing special. Gets the job done at a reasonable price (as long as your stay is during the week. If your stay is Friday or Saturday it is unnecessarily expensive)
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
S
It was a last minute stay, the room wasn't what the pictures looked like on the internet, but it was very decent for the price we paid. The location was great, it was right by the freeway, we didn't have to worry about getting lost, or driving to an unknown location. It was 10 min away from both Morro Bay and Pismo.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Nice stay!"
Nice stay, everything you need for a budget motel! Only problem I had was the carpet seemed like it needed to be shampooed. But it's within walking distance to a lot of great places!
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Christina
It was terrible. The alarm was broken and hanging out. The price was Mia quote.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
craig
Stayed overnight for a business trip and the bed was hard, the AC in the room did not work. When I complained to the hotel clerk he stated to open the window it was not hot enough for the AC. I would not recommend anyone to stay here and I would certainly not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"OK for the money."
We arrived about 12:30 and the clerk said check in is at 3:00. I explained I needed to be somewhere at that time. He went ahead and gave me a room. My wife couldn't sleep on the hard bed so she slept on the over stuffed chair and ottoman. I can sleep almost anywhere when I'm tired.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
"AWFUL: Rude staff, dirty room, broken shower."
At check in, the night clerk gave me 1 key and was put off I'd ask for a second. Our room had no lampshades. I called the front desk, "I have maintenance do tomorrow. Uh, sorry." We came back after dinner and found food from a prior guest in the fridge. No hot water in the shower, then the handle fell off. Under the bed was dusty with trash. In the morning, I went to the front office to tell them about the shower, but people were waiting with no staff was in sight. I waited then left. (The Continental breakfast was quartered muffins and Fruit Loops.) I soon called the motel to have the shower fixed and get lampshades. I tried to find out what would/could be done, but the day clerk was difficult to understand. "I ask maintenance, maybe today. Won't know till you come back room." At no point did she apologize for the inconvenience, or offer a solution. When I went back that night, I'd been locked out.The same night clerk said he could activate my key, but he wouldn't know if the shower was fixed because I hadn't told them anything. "You no like? LEAVE!" He refused refund my money, give his name, or contact a manager to help. Later that night he called me, yelling "The room is fine. You are a liar and a cheat. I knew when you told me about lamps." (Seriously!) I often chose cheap "adequate" motels. This is the first time without a clean room, working shower and pleasant staff. Once this Budget Inn has your money, you get what you get. Complain? Get locked out!
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Laurie
"Avoid this hotell"
Not worth the money!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Björn
Can't complain to much cause the other hotel the night before stunk so bad. This one was decent for the price.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
cathy
"No toilet seat ac didn't work and no hot water"
Terrible no maintenance guy to put toilet seat on that way laying next to toilet or fix ac
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Overall good,need to take few necessities"
-no iron -stiff bed -bring refreeze for musty room -over all, I would book another stay in the future.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Nice people but room condition should be improved (sheets, comforters, etc)
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Not the real slim shady."
Felt seedy. When we arrived there were a couple of "shady" looking guys drinking and smoking outside of their room. Cigarette butts in all the planters, like its never cleaned up. No receptacle for the butts. Sheets were clean. Proprietors nice. Not the greatest area, who knew. It served the purpose, just needed a place to rest our heads. I guess we got what we paid for.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Margaret
Horrible roon
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
richard
"Great place"
Only stayed for a short time a night and was very surprised in a pleasant way.
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
Elda
"Do not stay here!!!"
Booked our weekend getaway thru Expedia . Greatly disappointed with Budget Inn in San Luis Obispo. Paid a lot of money for a filthy , dated place!!! Stay away from this hotel . Horrible place!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Chanel
"Great disappointment!!"
My husband and I wanted to get away for the weekend to escape the heat from the valley. Expedia booked our hotel at the Budget Inn. We were greatly disappointed with Expedia for recommending this horrible expensive place. I would not mind paying for over $200.00 a nite in a nice clean and quiet place not only that it was 15 minutes from the beach. I could have gotten one at Morro Bay at La Serena Inn for the same price and way much better than the Buget Inn at San Luis Obispo. The place was very much dated and dirty and beds and bedding were old, room had musty order and smelled like smoke although this was a nonsmoking room. For this reason I would not use Expedia for my future travel plans.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Chanel
"Outdated"
Cracked paint, tiles. Broken bathroom fixtures too expensive for what you get.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Pleasant staff"
Just a short overnight.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
You get what you pay for and if you are alright staying at a older type hotel, then this is an easy way to save money.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"No comment."
Tired hotel with structural defects. Certificate of occupancy should be withdrawn.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"Somewhere to stay"
Room ok TV very old needs up dating.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Dianne
"NOT WORTH THE MONEY I PAID FOR IT"
Don't do it. Just go to a Motel 6. Bathroom had mold. Room was REAL outdated. Furniture was old. TV was OLD. I was scared of bedbugs due to how the room looked so I slept with my clothes ON. Tried to take a bath the next morning and of course the water was tepid. The "breakfast" that they offered was just awful. Was not worth it AT ALL. The Ramada was across the street. Go stay there.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015