All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1001 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.6
    2.5
    2.2
"Ugh.... Bad"
This place sucked. The "lobby" smelled like a someone threw up. The room wasn't ready after check in time. The next morning the hose keepers banged on my door 2 hrs before checkout. All in all a horrendous experience.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Ram
The hotel is conveniently located just off the 101. It is a no frills kind of place but a decent place to crash and set out through the local wineries.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"No WI-FI Service"
The location of the motel was good that it was right off the freeway. But, the Wi-Fi service was down during my stay, which is contrary to what was advertised. The room was clean, but the TV did not work well.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Pros: The bed and linens were clean and comfortable. The bathtub/shower was really nice. Cons: Although the paint and carpets could use some attention, but nothing that bothered me. The walls and ceiling are quite thin and you can easily hear people walking around. Complimentary breakfast really isn't good.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
I was skeptical about this hotel after reading all its reviews. The biggest problem is that it is close to the freeway and noisy. The breakfast was simply coffee, danish and cereal. Otherwise, the staff was nice and the beds were comfortable. It also offered free HBO, refrigerator and microwave. The room was spacious.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Budget - poor"
I would not recommend this hotel to even to my worst enemy!!! The service was poor. Room had a bag odor!! No wifi service! Bathroom curtain was stained!! Budget sucked all round!!! For the price of $180+..
2 night trip May 24, 2014
RC
hotel is clean but noisy and beds are not comfortable. The bathroom tub is old and had rust stains from the area it bolted into the wall. The neighbors next to us were up till all hours of the night and you could hear doors slamming etc. The hotel manager did go and ask them to be quiet and it seemed to get better. it is located on the street where the 101 South entrance is so gets alot of car traffic.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Third world accommodations - first world price..."
Where to start? Mold in the shower, broken sink, one hanger, persistent smell of disinfectant/cleaner. All for $200/night in beautiful downtown San Luis Obispbo. Disgusting.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Ed
"close to CAL POLY"
Stayed at this location because of convenience to Cal Poly and no other hotels were available for our stay. I would NOT recommend facility, and would not rate it a two as indicated on HOTEL.com website!!!
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Bette M.
"DONT STAY HERE!"
This hotel is very close to the freeway so it is very noisy. But the door has a huge gap the full length of the door on the latch side allowing all the noise to come right in! I could stand there and easily see out! By shifting my stance I could scan a good portion of the parking lot! The room is filthy. As soon as we entered we were hit with a strong musty smell. The shower curtain has mold on it. The water coming out of the faucet smells like sulfur and made me gag when brushing my teeth. I refused to stay another night even though I had to loose $200 because of their policy that wouldn't allow me an early check out from my reservation for 3 nights! At least they refunded my 2nd night. THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
I didn't expect much and I didn't get much. The shower curtain had mold and the handle for the tub came off in my hand. You can tell that they have tried to upgrade the furniture and decor, but it didn't make it worth the price. The complimentary breakfast is a small shelf with cereal and bread products in the tiny "lobby".
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Not Good"
I cannot believe this hotel gets away with charging what they do. I had a non-emoking room, but it smelled like smoke. There were even cigarette burns on the bathroom sink. There was no grout in the tile on the bathroom floor so I constantly scraped my feet. The blanket on the bed was soooo thin that i could see through it. The curtains were practically falling off the hooks. I would never stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Not what it said it was"
If all you want to do is sleep, then this is the place to go. Not some place I'd go stay at again. I would must rather spend a little but more and stay at a better hotel. The so called "Continental Breakfast" is a stop-n-go breakfast! The cereal,juice and coffe are in dispensers and the milk is in a coffe canister. The so called muffins and Danishes are the one you would buy at any gas station. Even the lady that helped us laughed when she told us about breakfast. So like I said if all you want from this place is sleep, go for it!
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Maria
"Budget Inn"
You know the old saying, you get what you pay for, well, you get even less than that with Budget Inn. For the accommodations they provide I don't see how they can charge more than $20 a night. If you happen to be hard up, so tired you're ready to sleep on a park bench, then this may be a option to consider, otherwise.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Tyler
"Clean and quiet"
Everything was fine except the bed. Very old. I could feel springs not compfy.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"Disappointing"
Rude hotel owner. Picture of the hotel is incorrect. Hotel clean but run down. "free wifi" doesn't work.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
This hotel is nothing to right home about its just there. They need to update there TV to the new flat screen TV and they breakfast was small/ WAC and the mattress on the bed was not that soft.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Ervin
"Worst hotel experience of our lives."
We left the hotel at 4 AM following a sleepless night of drug dealing going on in the room nextdoor. We were scared beyond belief of what we heard and saw. Would never recommend this hotel with a manager willing to rent his rooms to this type of people.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Not bad
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
D
"too expensive, and poorly located"
I was disappointed with the price and the look of the hotel. It was also further away from where I wanted to stay.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Not for an extended stay"
This hotel can be "practical" because it is cheap and close to the freeway (maybe too close for light sleepers, but since I can sleep through a tornado, that wasn't an issue), but it should not be a consideration for an extended stay. It is not particularly comfortable, our sink was draining very very slowly... The price was right and we were merely passing through, so it was okay.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Alain
It was just okay. Last minute visit to SLO and it was the only affordable room I could find. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Parking is good
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Spend and extra 20 and stay across the street"
Didnt even stay the night. Would never stay again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"must avoid hotel"
No night service at front desk!! Don't go there. Hotels.com should drop it from its listing. It gives Hotels.com bad user experience. Avoid this place at all cost.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Huge crack in the door you could see outdoors through! Felt unsafe!!!
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
Not good
"Excellent for price paid!"
This was a very quaint, small motel, but well worth every penny. The rooms wereminmexcellent condition, the bed very comfortable and the hotel staff was very kind. I also enjoyed that the hotel partners with a local restaurant food delivery service, so after driving all day I was able to order from a nice (non chain) restaurant and have the food delivered to my room. Would stay here again no doubt.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"I was desperate."
I booked it last minute during a popular holiday weekend. It was the only place that had availability. It was WAY overpriced for that reason.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Sandy
Nice room-unfriendly managers
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Ok in a pinch"
The reservation was for the sat night before labor day and it was made very last min. The key card lock on our door was broken when we checked in, and the manager did try to fix it but it was to no avail. There were some things in the room that should have been cleaned just a little better, like the soap dish. The beds were not comfortable; we were tossing all night long.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"An unexpected surprise"
For a place named "Budget Inn" my expectations were not very high. The room however was far nicer than I expected. I only needed a place to sleep for the night so my bar was low but the room was nice, the beds were comfy, and the fridge kept things cold. The vaulted ceiling may have made it feel "nicer". The TV was a junky old CRT but I didn't come here to watch TV. Across the street is a fantastic Creole cafe which alone is reason enough to go to SLO. The night manager was very friendly too and we had a pleasant stay overall.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Good Cheap Clean place to stay!"
Hey! Its not the Ritz, but its way better then some of the low scores passed out by some prior guests. Its Safe, Clean and maintained fairly well. Safe area, clean room. Great for a day or two!
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2013
Tom91030
"better than i expected"
well, what do you expect if the name of hotel is already called "budget inn"? however, it is much nicer than i originally thought. it is clean and comfortable. after a long day drive, we slept pretty well. the pillow is not that comfortable, otherwise, it is worth the money.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
JF
"Good location to sights visited"
My stay was convenient and comfortable.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"Over-priced Horrible Hotel"
Smelly, dirty, noisy. WAY, WAY over-priced. Room key kept not working and staff acted incredulous when I told them. Possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Stay here ONLY as a last resort.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
Sebastion
Horrible, not recommended. Big led down. Reception in overheated bathroom sized office that includes breakfast w/o tables standing only. How many people fit in a small bathroom one might as oneself. Internet was extremely poor, dropping out, slow etc. Rooms smelled. But the good thing was that there was warm running water and the beds were fine. Oh yes very noise as there is no sound insulation. So bring ear plugs.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"About rooms"
It was fine but extremely loud right by freeway & also no central a/c or heat so cold in eve &wall air thing is so loud !!! other then that it's fine
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Better than expected"
I did not expect much, but was I was suprised. The room was clean and well kept, the beds were comfortable. The tv could use an update but the WiFi worked better than most big hotels. For a Budget Inn it was really good.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"I stayed there out of necessity"
I stayed there out of necessity for a room. To my surprise I could not find a room at any other place.
"Needs revamp"
Carpets stained, would not walk barefoot. Loose floor tiles in bathroom. Light switches were dirty. Door closed but just barely. No safety chain. Walls are paper thin. They claim to have wifi, but it wouldnt work. On the bright side the bed was comfy, and everything worked.
dissapointed
"Cheap and convenient"
It is near 101 freeway. Quite convenient, and relatively cheaper comparing to the hotels nearby. Good for travelers.
Renee
"stay away"
Budget inn or formerly called roadway inn.. yelp roadway inn. horrible reviews. i couldn't find it on yelp before. anyways, reserved a king bed received 2 queens. The main problem is that the lady in the front didn't even let us know. Also check in is at 1 and they are cleaning the room at 3.... AND THEY HAD JUST STARTED. so i went back in search of a king. SHE does not say sorry. she said oh what's the problem with that? ... Refused to see why having 2 beds between my girlfriend and i is pointless. i ask if i can call.the. manager and she tells me he is out of town. Wow. then i ask her why i can reserve a room that was unavailable... she tries to dodge the question but admits she had not updated online information. so frustrated, i went back to the room and she calls me back into the office and asks me I've used the room, and. my gf was showering so yes.. she smiles and tells me i have to keep the room now.. hunh? She called me into the office and tried to blame me then about how its my fault i used the room. please save yourself the trouble. Also this review was from my phone and i never leave reviews.. except i felt compelled to warn people about. horrible rude service. also you guys might get a twin.. who knows with them
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
"Convenient"
It was ok. The property could use some updating and a little more care but overall it was a room. Good location.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2013
MNR
Well you get what you pay for. nothing fancy, simple accomodations. The good: location, breakfast provided. the bad: mattress and pillows were uncomfortable. Toilet seat had urine on it. Thin walls.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2013
"Passing Through"
The room was nicely decorated, had a refridgerator, microwave, and television (standard amenities). The bathroom was clean too. We spent minimal time in the hotel due to our busy schedule, but it did the job. It would have been nice if the A/C had been turned on prior to our arrival (100 degress plus for the day). The bathroom door also had a sharp threshold and the screws for the threshold were sticking out a bit
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2013
"Needed lots of upgrades and noisy neighbors!"
We made the mistake of heading to the beach on a Friday and not booking ahead. After calling at least 8 hotels in the Pismo area, I found this one on Expedia and had to drive to San Luis Obispo. Well the hotel itself looks a little out-dated. There was a weird smell in the front office. The staff was nice. The room itself was clean but I quickly saw some issues. The shower facet handle fell off, the tempered glass windows that were both in the sink area and shower area had no curtains so I felt like any stranger could peer in, there was a cigar burn on one of the sheets, the doors needed to be sealed because we could see light coming thru all tge edges and the worst part was the unpleasant noises coming from the room above us. Making them a little more sound proof would have been a bigger priority! And the complimentary breakfast came from the odd smelling front office with a cereal dispenser. Me and my family will never go anywhere without booking a hotel first! For the price we paid, they should have the money to upgrade with no problem!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Hearst_girl
"Good in a Pinch"
This hotel was conveniently located from the freeway and restaurants. It's not much to look at and the staff isn't falling all over themselves to provide service, but it was a decent place to stay with a TV, ice machine, etc. I did think it was pretty funny that the clothes hangers couldn't be removed from the closet area and there wasn't an alarm clock. It was a dive, but pretty good in a pinch.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2013
"Close to Baseball Field"
I think that this hotel was way over priced for what you get. $200 is excessive for this small older hotel! Although the rooms and grounds were clean still overpriced!
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Mark M
"Hotel next to the 101"
The room smelled bad i Will not go back for 288 a night
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Loud, old and dirty"
Room smelled like someone smoked in it, even though no smoking is allowed in California. Window was broken and did not shut all the way. Bug screen was ripped. Doors slammed very loud, waking us up every time someone left their hotel room. Walls paper thin, woke up every time someone took a shower. The only real reason anyone should stay here would be that everything else was booked. Paid premium for this room due to CalPoly graduation weekend.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Robert I.
"Center of town. Walk to restaurants"
Easy in and out. High rates. Good Bed. Cheap facilities.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013