All hotels in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States of America

Love it only thing it was no house keeping every day
4 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay and the staff was very friendly"
I was in town for a few nights and the room and service were excellent. The hotel was close to everything and convenient.
2 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Gerald
Excellent location as related to the university. Had a little trouble with the wifi but the front desk immediately responded and all was well. I would highly recommend to anyone.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great hotel but..."
Excellent hotel and staff. The noise level from adjacent rooms is too loud due to thin walls and cheap construcyion.
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Wael
"Highly Recommend for Your Visit"
I stay at this Microtel frequently as I visit Tuscaloosa about once a month. The front desk is always polite and prompt. The room is always very clean and prepared. The morning breakfast is pretty good. It has always been quiet, and it is in a nice part of town close to the mall and target.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Brittney
"Nice, clean and spacious room"
First stay at a Microtel. Service at front desk was great and so was the complimentary popcorn and bottled waters.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
jeffrey
"review"
Everything was clean and nice. Staff was friendly.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
stanley
"Little too much money for the space"
Shower did not work,little pricey for accomodations,
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
"Great place to stay for BAMA Bound Orientation"
Clean, comfortable and convenient to everything we needed. One of the 3 stays room service did not come, other than that, great stay! Will stay again.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Good hotel for a good price.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Wai
"The Best Got Better"
Great stay! I stayed at this location before and was happy and decided to stay again. I had been happy with the regular room before but I got a free upgrade to a suite this time and it was awesome! Didn't think the hotel could get better but it did! Nice sized room, clean, quiet and oh so comfortable! This is where I will stay anytime I'm in Tuscaloosa.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2015
"Stayed for a concert at Tuscaloosa Ampitheater."
My only complaint was that when they were booked mostly up, the breakfast food supply didn't keep up with demand.
2 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
"No wifi"
Everything was fine except that you offered free wifi, which is one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. I was unable to use the wifi for the whole trip. I needed it for work and it made it really hard. This would really be a deal breaker for us staying there again even though we were comfortable with everything else. We have a daughter who will be attending UA in the fall so we will be making a lot of trips to Tuscaloosa. If the wifi remains the way it was, we will not stay here again.
2 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Will Stay Again!"
Was in town for a couple of days for my daughter's orientation to the University of Alabama. This was our first time at the Microtel. It will not be our last. A very comfortable stay and the price can't be beat. Staff very accommodating.
2 night family trip May 31, 2015
Lynn
"excellent value"
Incredible for the price.
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
"A good room at a reasonable price."
The room was very comfortable. It lacked a couple of things I thought a room of this nature would have (a microwave and a mini fridge). The room was nice and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable! I'll definitely stay again but next time I'll step up to the suite.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Short Business Trip"
We were in town for one night. The location and hotel room was great!
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
Eilease
Stayed here while moving my daughter into storage from the summer from UA. Room was clean, beds were comfy and the price couldn't be beat. Close to everything. I would stay here again.
3 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
"Semester end"
A quick one night stay for me and my wife while picking up our son from school. We enjoyed a good meal from Cheddar's and upscale shopping at Belk's.
1 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
Neil
"Not bad"
So so
3 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Young Su
Perfect location for accessing University events. Hotel is clean and safe.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Brad
"Clean facility"
1 night Good price Much nicer than appears from the street
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Reasonably priced hotel, reliable quality."
Selected as a "stopover" hotel for frequent west to east and return trips. Well placed in Tuscaloosa near many restaurant and shopping choices. I have found that Microtel is consistent from location to location. It is reasonably priced, very clean, comfortable rooms, and a decent morning hot and cold free breakfast. Only problem with this location is if your room is on the west facing side, you can get a little too much late night noise from deliveries and pallet moving from the Home Depot next door. I don't know whether that should be expected every night or not.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Cleanest Place that I have ever stayed!"
So impressed with the cleanliness, the staff, the location!! best motel ever!!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Nice staff, clean and updated. Need to reorganize breakfast area for easier access when crowded. All the hot foods in one area next to coffee machine where everyone is at the same time. They did keep it stocked well. Overall very pleased. Nice access to University and shopping.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Tammy
"Very close to the University of Alabama"
Well first the rooms are extremely small. Breakfast was horrid. Breakfast was the selling point for this hotel. It's just easier to get up and eat. This was just gross though. Expect a toaster that doesn't work, some raw sausage and non egg patties. And it's cheaper to book through the hotel
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Nat
"OK with Late arrival."
Showed up at 2am and they were very friendly and accommodating.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
"college visit"
Convenient location. Clean, quiet and comfortable. Friendly and competent staff. Would recommend and stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Return customer"
Logan at the front desk was courteous and friendly, the breakfast was great and the bed was very comfortable! We have stayed their before, and will stay their again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Great Place to Stay Near UA"
This hotel is perfect for any stay that will involve contact with the University, as it is very close. Nice and clean, walking distance to Target which has a Starbucks. The only addition that I would love would be a pool area. I have stayed there several times and would definitely stay again. The mini-suites have a great floorplan.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Very Disappointed"
Needed room 4 nights, Mon-Thurs. Place appears to be fairly new. Rooms are spotless. Only 5-10 mins from UA- just a few blocks away from McFarland Blvd,major thoroughfare. Breakfast – Nothing to write home about - can’t beat price. Rooms small. Microwave in the lobby. Night clerk set a bag of microwave popcorn on fire causing a fire alarm that kept us up 1/2 the night. No room fridge. Tiny ice bucket. No left-hand turns out of the motel parking lot. Must turn right onto Veteran’s Memorial, cross three lanes to break in the meridian and do a u-turn in front of often heavy oncoming traffic to get to McFarland and campus. Serious wreck on Vet’s w/an ambulance carrying someone away. Overheard witness say someone had gotten hit trying to do that U-turn. Housekeepers diligent and very friendly, trying to help any way they could. Extremely disappointed with mgmt. Were told on arrival our res. had only been for 3 nights (Mon – Wed). Didn’t have hard copy, we’d left in a hurry. I was assured we could take care of it but because we had booked online it would have to wait until Wednesday. That didn’t make sense but was tired after long drive and wanted to check it out online myself. Turns out it was my fault. What upsets me is that when Weds came we were told we had to move out Thursday - the motel had OVERBOOKED their rooms! Spoke with other guest in same boat. Mattress was firm – hard? Hurt our backs. Some prefer firm, though.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Wayne
"Clean"
Clean hotel, clean room. Bed was OK, not great. Room a little small for the price.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Will
"Great location, but musty and mildew smelling"
Stayed in Fall 2014 for an U of Alabama football game. It was a great location, since usually there are no motels available during football season any closer than Bessamer! However, the room was so musty and smelled like mildew that I asked to have our room changed. I'm not usually a high maintenance traveler where I ask for the 'perfect' room, but this one was so smelly it was unbearable; plus I'm allergic to mold, so I HAD to ask . The front desk staff was fabulous! They apologized, and indicated that it was a busy weekend, but would try. They immediately found me another room, which smelled as well, but not as bad. I realize this is an old motel, and smells are to be expected (especially in the south from humidity) but I probably would not stay here again for health reasons. Thanks again to the front desk staff for their efforts.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Allison
"awesome"
Will be booking this hotel every time I'm in Tuscaloosa from now on.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Tuscaloosa"
We were there to visit our son at Univ. of Alabama. The hotel was conveniently located, and it was a short drive to his home. The breakfast included was very nice - waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
5 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Comfortable Stay/Good Value"
Spent one night here while visiting Tuscaloosa so my son could tour University of Alabama. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast included was good. While eating, overheard staff talking. They gave an impression of being very dedicated to maintaining the facilities and meeting the needs of patrons. The location is near the mall, but the neighborhood appeared very safe, and it was quiet. The next time I am in town, I shall not hesitate to book a room here again.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Roger
"Nice hotel, smallish room, convenient to UA campus"
Check in was easy and staff was friendly and efficient. Room is quite small, but manageable. Bathroom was clean and decent size. Didn't try the complimentary breakfast. Convenient to UA's campus.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
My experience was better than I thought after reading the reviews I was afraid I'd picked the wrong hotel but it was actually a nice hotel.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Des
"Consistent for Microtel"
Consistent with most Microtels, but definately a better more than typical continental breakfast,
2 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Vanessa
"College Visit"
We only stayed one night but it was comfortable. I didn't like the pillows; too big/fat for my liking, but the bed itself was great. During the night there was an intermittent loud ticking sound which I attribute to the water heating up for someone taking a shower.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Good Location for Campus"
I stayed at this hotel while my son had an interview at the University of Alabama. The hotel/rooms have been updated recently. Disappointed that there was not a refrigerator or microwave in the room. The fitness center was poor with only 1 treadmill and 1 eliptical and they were low level quality. The breakfast was very basic. It was a basic hotel at a basic rate which served a purpose for a 1 night stay. Very near campus and places for dining.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Gail
"University of Alabama visit"
We arrived and were greeted by a friendly, professional front desk clerk and the manager, Rikesh Patel. Due to several unexpected guest arrivals--a compliment to any hotel--our room reservation was upgraded. After check-in, we were given a complimentary gift bag with bottled water, mints etc. My daughter and I we're in town visiting the University and the hotel location was perfect. Our stay at Mr. Patel's hotel was a wonderful experience!
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"Ants in the bathroom"
I enforced the hotel staff about the ant problem. When I retuned after dinner, the ants were still there and more than before.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"I will stay here again!"
I travel to Tuscaloosa a lot to visit my daughter who attends UA, and now Microtel will be my go to hotel. It's perfectly situated to the university, shopping and restaurants. The room was comfortable and clean. The free breakfast was a great way to start the day especially if you are in a hurry.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Kellie M.
"Clean no-frills hotel,great locale,friendly staff"
Very clean no-frills hotel. Recently painted. Friendly helpful staff. Comfortable beds. Wi-fi. Great location, convenient to U of A and shopping area with several restaurants. We did not take advantage of the included breakfast as we had alternative plans each morning, however we did enjoy the fresh hot coffee. Only recommendation would be to bring your reservation confirmation paperwork with you to check-in and out. We didn't have a prob as we had ours, however another guest had an issue at check-in with the hotel honoring their room rate w/o confirmation paperwork. Would def stay here again for the price.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Holly
"Meh"
TIny room, cheap Big nothing. Even the soap was mini
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
richard
"Long weekend getaway"
Was a nice little place, located close to attractions we were going to. Only downside was that the "exercise room" really wasn't anything to write home about. Small room with a treadmill & elliptic machine just won't cut it, when there's more than two people wanting to work out. Other than that very good staff the whole time we stayed.
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Martin
"wouldn't stay there again"
The room was ridiculously small. The toilet didn't work. They moved us to another room where the toilet did work, but it was as small as the first one. It was also very cold. We asked for an additional blanket and they gave us one that had not been washed, it had stains all over it. The staff was not very helpful in general. The breakfast was very basic. No orange juice, just orange punch. The bread and biscuits all looked like they came out of a cheap supermarket bag.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Mel
Friendly staff. Acceptable breakfast. A clean room, well-appointed in modern style. Wall-controlled HVAC was not always reliable, and soundproofing was inadequate to stifle talking in hallway and adjoining room.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
best stay ever in tuscaloosa. very clean and nice and very close to campus.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015