All hotels in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1417 Veterans Pkwy, Tuscaloosa, AL, 35404, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"OK with Late arrival."
Showed up at 2am and they were very friendly and accommodating.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
"college visit"
Convenient location. Clean, quiet and comfortable. Friendly and competent staff. Would recommend and stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Return customer"
Logan at the front desk was courteous and friendly, the breakfast was great and the bed was very comfortable! We have stayed their before, and will stay their again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Great Place to Stay Near UA"
This hotel is perfect for any stay that will involve contact with the University, as it is very close. Nice and clean, walking distance to Target which has a Starbucks. The only addition that I would love would be a pool area. I have stayed there several times and would definitely stay again. The mini-suites have a great floorplan.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Very Disappointed"
Needed room 4 nights, Mon-Thurs. Place appears to be fairly new. Rooms are spotless. Only 5-10 mins from UA- just a few blocks away from McFarland Blvd,major thoroughfare. Breakfast – Nothing to write home about - can’t beat price. Rooms small. Microwave in the lobby. Night clerk set a bag of microwave popcorn on fire causing a fire alarm that kept us up 1/2 the night. No room fridge. Tiny ice bucket. No left-hand turns out of the motel parking lot. Must turn right onto Veteran’s Memorial, cross three lanes to break in the meridian and do a u-turn in front of often heavy oncoming traffic to get to McFarland and campus. Serious wreck on Vet’s w/an ambulance carrying someone away. Overheard witness say someone had gotten hit trying to do that U-turn. Housekeepers diligent and very friendly, trying to help any way they could. Extremely disappointed with mgmt. Were told on arrival our res. had only been for 3 nights (Mon – Wed). Didn’t have hard copy, we’d left in a hurry. I was assured we could take care of it but because we had booked online it would have to wait until Wednesday. That didn’t make sense but was tired after long drive and wanted to check it out online myself. Turns out it was my fault. What upsets me is that when Weds came we were told we had to move out Thursday - the motel had OVERBOOKED their rooms! Spoke with other guest in same boat. Mattress was firm – hard? Hurt our backs. Some prefer firm, though.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Wayne
"Clean"
Clean hotel, clean room. Bed was OK, not great. Room a little small for the price.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Will
"awesome"
Will be booking this hotel every time I'm in Tuscaloosa from now on.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Tuscaloosa"
We were there to visit our son at Univ. of Alabama. The hotel was conveniently located, and it was a short drive to his home. The breakfast included was very nice - waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
5 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Comfortable Stay/Good Value"
Spent one night here while visiting Tuscaloosa so my son could tour University of Alabama. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast included was good. While eating, overheard staff talking. They gave an impression of being very dedicated to maintaining the facilities and meeting the needs of patrons. The location is near the mall, but the neighborhood appeared very safe, and it was quiet. The next time I am in town, I shall not hesitate to book a room here again.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Roger
"Consistent for Microtel"
Consistent with most Microtels, but definately a better more than typical continental breakfast,
2 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Vanessa
"Good Location for Campus"
I stayed at this hotel while my son had an interview at the University of Alabama. The hotel/rooms have been updated recently. Disappointed that there was not a refrigerator or microwave in the room. The fitness center was poor with only 1 treadmill and 1 eliptical and they were low level quality. The breakfast was very basic. It was a basic hotel at a basic rate which served a purpose for a 1 night stay. Very near campus and places for dining.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Gail
"University of Alabama visit"
We arrived and were greeted by a friendly, professional front desk clerk and the manager, Rikesh Patel. Due to several unexpected guest arrivals--a compliment to any hotel--our room reservation was upgraded. After check-in, we were given a complimentary gift bag with bottled water, mints etc. My daughter and I we're in town visiting the University and the hotel location was perfect. Our stay at Mr. Patel's hotel was a wonderful experience!
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"Meh"
TIny room, cheap Big nothing. Even the soap was mini
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
richard
"Long weekend getaway"
Was a nice little place, located close to attractions we were going to. Only downside was that the "exercise room" really wasn't anything to write home about. Small room with a treadmill & elliptic machine just won't cut it, when there's more than two people wanting to work out. Other than that very good staff the whole time we stayed.
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Martin
"Excellent!"
Bed was very confortable. Breakfast was great! Staff was very nice & friendly! Would definitely stay here again!
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Holly
"Disappointing"
Hotel was dirty. Room smelled of urine and bathroom was worse.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Hotel"
didn't clean the bathroom very well on our second night
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2015
Nice hotel close to university. Room clean and staff friendly. Breakfast typical, except breads were cold. Biscuits in particular were cold and hard. Still a nice place to stay.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great for UA Visitors"
Friendly and accommodating staff. Convenient location.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Impressed"
Stopped here to visit a friend on the way to New Orleans. Had never stayed in a Microtel before. Room was clean and comfortable. Frienly staff. On the way back from New Orleans, we looked for another Microtel to stay in.
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Arthur
"Great comfort, great value"
This is the second time I have stayed in Tuscaloosa for training, and my previous hotel was terrible. Microtel was infinitely better AND at a lower rate! I highly recommend this place.
4 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Betty
"Clean, comfy, & courteous"
No complaints! Front desk staff was very nice. The hotel and room were clean, comfortable, and as advertised. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
LB
"Good Location"
This hotel was in a good location in Tuscaloosa, close to stores, restaurants and University of Alabama. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was always clean and comfortable. The only drawbacks were the small sized closet and the bathroom design that had no counter tops to put your bathroom items on. It would be helpful to have the sink area separated from the shower and toilet. The walls were also a little thin- you could sometimes hear your neighbors. They had a hot breakfast available which was decent and offered at a good hour range.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Overnight stay"
The room was just like the online pics! Very clean and up to date. The Continental breakfast was great too!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Betty
"Clean, comfortable hotel."
Very friendly and helpful staff. I easily recommend this hotel to others.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"Holiday stay"
The staff at check in was really nice and professional
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Edwina
"Dirty bathroom"
The room yourself seemed pretty clean but the bathroom left much to be desired. When getting ready for a shower I noticed oil, dirt and body hair in the bathtub and on the walls of the bathtub. It was disgusting. It looked as though the housekeeper did not clean between guests. The next day when housekeeping came I asked her to just do the bathroom. When we returned the bathroom was the same. She had not wiped or cleaned anything she only changed the towels and took out the trash. The bathtub remained filthy throughout our stay. We ended up only sleeping there and showering at a friends house. I was highly disappointed and will not return.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Adriennr
"Clean and Modern."
The hotel appeared to be renovated with some nice upgrades in the room. Beds were comfy and clean. We were pleasantly surprised by the modern rooms. Breakfast area was clean and free breakfast was par for quality. Only downsides were small flatscreen tv on the wall in the room. Seemed out of place because it was so small. We never turned it on but it was noticeably small. Also we got a fair amount of engine breaking noise in the morning from all of the semis slowing down as the came by the hotel. It was noticeable in the morning while laying in bed. Overall I thought it was a great value and I will stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"THE BUGS IN MY THE TUB."
I was very disappointed in this hotel.. I stayed here for two nights. On the first night I saw a couple of small bugs in my tub. I killed them and went to bed. I had checked in late and was exhausted from traveling all day, The next morning I told housekeeping about the bugs and a few minutes later she showed up with an insecticide spray. I left her there to take care of things (the problem had grown over night) when I returned back to the room late that evening. There were several (maybe 30 dead bugs in the tub) and the smell in the bathroom was awful. Early the next morning I told the hotel manager (who was very nice and apologetic) about the problem. I most admit I was expecting a little more than an apology. I didn't press the issue, just needed to get home to my own clean shower.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"OK, but nothing special"
The hotel is on a very busy street, so the road noise is constant pretty much all the time. Since it sits perpendicular to the street, you can't ask for a room on the opposite side. My suggestion would be to ask for a higher number room. That would, at least, put you toward the back of the hallway, away from the road as far as possible. As is usual with most hotels these days, there were not enough electrical outlets, and the key one, the one on the desk that I desperately needed to plug in my laptop, did not work. I was in town to defend my dissertation, and I needed the laptop to do some last-minute preparation. I had to plug it into a wall outlet next to the bed and stretch the cord as far as it would go so I would be able to still have it on the desk. The bed was firm, but a bit on the lumpy side. The breakfast is mostly dry foods, with a pre-formed egg patty and some kind of link sausage for protein. I skipped it. The front desk staff was polite and helpful; no complaints there. Leaving the hotel to go some place else in town is tricky. You can't turn left because there's a median on the street, so you have to turn right, go up the street a few yards, then do a U-turn. Traffic is brutal around rush hour, so use your best driving sense to get out at that time of day.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Kathryn
"Good value and location"
Clean, friendly staff, easy to find (like a beacon on a hill). Not much near the hotel itself other than fast food, but it was just minutes away from Downtown and easy to access from the freeway. The room itself was nice and comfortable. TV didn't seem to have HD or be set up for HD and there wasn't free wi-fi in the rooms, otherwise fine.
3 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
Aaron
"Microtel in Tuscaloosa"
I was there for a family visit. I was well pleased with most everything except the noise level. The walls are paper thin and outside noise comes into the room unhindered. Other than that all around the edges of inside of the room was various debris, nothing nasty, but things left unàttended. There were a couple of plumbing issues that I told them about before leaving.
2 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
The bedroom was nice but the cleanliness was not great. When we arrived the desk/counter in the room was dirty and sticky, it had not been cleaned as well as the bathroom floor. The water system was clean but smelled like stagnant water. The biscuits were like hockey pucks. Someone set the fire alarm off trying to toast one.
2 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
"Lone bed bug"
We booked a week before UA Homecoming and the price was decent. The hotel looked clean and the rooms were nice. As we were getting ready for bed, I noticed a lone bed bug crawl across the pillow. I googled it just to make sure that's what it was, and I was right. I killed it, called the front desk, moved our bags, and began to strip the bed. I didn't see anything else. The front desk clerk came up and gave us new room keys and we moved down the hall. He told us they had just had professionals come clean for bed bugs for "another room", so that was GREAT to hear (not). I stripped the bed in the new room, put everything back on, and still could not sleep. A friend thought I was crazy for not switching hotels completely. I know those things travel, so maybe it traveled from the hall or from the cleaning equipment to another room.
"lost makeup"
My wife left her makeup bag in our room, when she realized what she had done, I called back to the hotel and they already had it boxed up to ship to us. Very pleased with the service we received. Thanks Jason
"Price gouging"
While I realize that this was homecoming weekend, there was no way this room was worth what was charged. That is just simply taking advantage. it is unlikely, as a result, that I will choose to stay at Wyndham property again.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Relocated"
Reservation had to be changed due to overbooking.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
beds a little to soft, maid service could be better but overall a good experience, would stay here again
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Have had better stays here..disappointed"
I have had previous enjoyable stays at this hotel, but I can't say the same for my most recent stay. There was a moldy smell coming from the bathroom that was almost unbearable (room 314). Also, I got a call on the afternoon of my second day asking if I planned on extending my stay, and if so they would need my credit card info. I told them that I had reserved two days already, but something happened when I checked in so it just said I was there for one day. It wasn't a huge deal, but inconvenient, and I'd rather not give my credit card information over the phone. They ended up refunding the day the second night they charged when I showed them my hotels.com receipt for two nights. Also, not a huge deal, but my bed was not made on the second morning.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Tuscaloosa stay"
Nice room. Clean and well-stocked. Very friendly staff. Only negatives were a mediocre continental breakfast and overpriced due to football game.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Room stunk"
Bathroom smelled like mildew. Overpriced for Gameday
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Never have stayed at Microtel. Very pleased with the facility. Pretty basic, but very clean. Staff was very helpful and went out of their way to oblige us. Will stay there again when we return to Tuscaloosa.
Earnie
"Business"
Had to complete paper work for a transaction and had to leave as soon as possible for another transaction in another city. This worked out perfectly.
Chas.
"Good visit"
Our stay was fine. Only problem was a lack of fitness equipment
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Good Value - Pleasant Stay"
Overall good experience. Good price, good amenities and good service. Front desk was very kind and helpful, the room was clean and good for our needs. Breakfast items were a little stale, but there was enough to have a good breakfast.
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Valerie
"First time stay"
Reception people were great and helpful. For a mid priced motel/hotel, it was great
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
"great!"
coming back next year hopefully you'll are available!
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Arthur
Great
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Convenient, clean and comfortable."
Great helpful friendly staff. Convenient location for UA. The room was clean and had very comfortable beds. Great value.
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
"Off football weekend"
Good rate on an off football weekend. Room is rather small.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2014