All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Quepos to Manuel Antonio Road, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great Hotel, but need to have better after hoursservice
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Alejandro
"Fabulous resort"
Wonderful resort with excellent, friendly and helpful staff. We enjoyed our first stay so much we booked another night for later in the week when we returned to Manuel Antonio.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Beautiful Resort in Manuel Antonio"
My wife and I split our time in Manuel Antonio between Parador and Makanda. Parador has a very cool set-up and is a large, lively resort. There are multiple buildings sprawled out at different heights around this campus-like resort. We stayed in one of the buildings higher up on the hill - where you could take the stairs or this cool little outdoor elevator. Our room happened to be on the top floor of this building and had a great view of the surrounding area as well as the ocean. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The overall premises were really nice and well-maintained. There are several pools scattered throughout - one for children, another for adults and there's an infinity pool for adults at one of the higher-up buildings. The place also has several restaurants and bars. The food was great (our stay included buffet breakfast) and the service was good and always friendly. We enjoyed our stay at Parador and would recommend it to both families and couples.
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great Hotel - World Class Service"
We were recommneded this hotel from a friend that visits Costa Rica Often. This was our first trip to this area and I have to say it was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The service from the staff is amazing, they are willing to do anything to make you happy and provide service above and beyond what you would expect from a hotel. The Beach is unbelievable!! We went to the beach every morning and were usually the only ones there for the first two hours (like having a private beach). the staff will give you a ride in the golf cart to the trail and it's about a 5 minute walk from there. We encountered monkeys on the trail several of the days and they were very friendly, even coming right up to us and trying to take our food we were eating... If going to this area I would highly suggest you stay here.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel!!!"
Loved the hotel and the private beach. Spotted a slot on the way to our room. Lots of Iguanas in the property. Clean rooms and beautiful property.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"overall a very nice hotel"
The hotel was very nice, my only real complaint was the crabs in the ceiling, the first night we weren't able to sleep because of it. The hotel said that it's nature and that they can't control the crabs during crab season. The second night was better as they said they closed something to stop them from getting in to the ceiling. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The private beach was very nice. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
Bonnie
"A must stay! Consistently exceeds your expectation"
Hotel Parador is a beautiful hotel located in a perfect location in Manuel Antonio. It is perfect for all ages and has exceeded our expectations year after year. The staff delivers perfect service, the food is beyond compare, my grandbabies to my grandparents enjoy every moment here. If you're visiting Costa Rica, I highly recommend Hotel Parador. I'll be back next year.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Costa Rica trip"
Great
3 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Beware of the shower!"
This hotel was really beautiful, the grounds are buildings are all kept up very nicely. One disappointment were the pools; there are several to choose from but they're all heated! 90 degrees and humid outside, sorry but I want a cold pool. My next disappointment was the bathtub. After a long day of traveling I knew I would want to relax in the tub, but it was so scratched up it looked like a thick layer of dirty grime all around it. That definitely turned me off from my bath. The next morning during my shower, the water ran out! Not just went cold, literally stopped running. It wasn't even a long shower, less than 10 minutes. Thankfully I had already washed out the conditioner, but that is unacceptable in a hotel of this cost and size! The room itself was comfortable and the gardens were amazing, but I wouldn't stay here again for that price.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Ashley
"Nice hotel and was close to the beach."
There were a number of things my wife and I really enjoyed about the resort. They were: really good food, wait staff was mostly attentive (however, the pace of life is slower here), great animal life around and the hotel was overall clean. There were a few issues to watch for like, the beach is accessible via a 10-15 minutes walk however, its not really worth it because the beach is not all that nice. The hotel decided to do some significant work around the pool which I thought was odd to do during the busy season. Overall, I rate this hotel a 4.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Awesome Experience!"
We climbed Chirripo and then headed to the coast to relax and go fishing. We had stayed at the Parador several times in the past but got a great rate online this time and so we came back again. What a happy surprise to find out that we got upgraded to a suite! It was awesome and everything was perfect. Food, service, spa and amenities!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Deborah
"Great hotel! I will definitely come back"
We got assigned a room that was not confortable because the noise produce by the crabs and it was changed, the Customer Service people, Juan and Tatiana, helped us a lot and make our time in the hotel more confortable. The people in the reception were really kind and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Norge Luis
"Awesome Views"
This is beautiful hotel with the most gorgeous views. Our first room was ok but had not been renovated n the view was just of the tennis courts:(.. N it was an conecting room, so I was not happy I could hear everything going on next door! But I brought it up to front desk n they gave me a upgrade to a newly renovated room w the most awesome ocean view!!! Only then was it it worth every penny!
2 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Raul
"beautiful hotel and friendly staff."
Couldn't ask for a better experience in a hotel, everything was perfect. Location, staff cleanliness, rooms and the food was great. Will definitely stay again.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great Full Service Hotel"
Great facilities and staff. Several pools. One with a fully stocked bar you can swim up to. Located on a large piece of property where you can see animals like monkeys, sloths, and plenty of iguanas. There is a bay beach within walking distance. The location is pretty good but you'll need a car or get around by taxi if you want to leave the property for meals. With that said, they have a pretty good restaurant on site. They welcome you with a cool towel and drink as you check in. Really nice, especially for the price.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Amazing"
We just stayed at the Parador and I loved it! We travel a lot and I have never wanted to stay longer at any hotel (always 4 stars). I am always ready to move on to the next stop, but not here. I would have loved to stay a few more days at Hotel Paador. The staff was great and very accommodating, our Tropical room was truly amazing, the pools were great, and the food was good and very reasonably priced for Costa Rica. We were able to see monkeys right outside of our door and down near the pool. This is perfect for both those that want to stay in the hotel the entire time or enjoy the excursions but come back to an amazing hotel. I am definitely staying here again when I return to Costa Rica. Perfect hotel for couples or families.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Young Family
"Amazing views accompanied with exceptional service"
My family of 4 stayed at Hotel Parador the last week of January, 2015. The hotel was even more beautiful than I had expected. The views of the ocean are spectacular, the pools are gorgeous, and there is plenty to do here. Traveling with children, we appreciated the miniature golf, the monkey trails, the diagonal elevator, the gym and most of all the pool. We stayed our first 5 nights in a Premium room with 2 Queens. This room was nice, 2 comfortable beds, table, mini-fridge, and bathroom with 2 sinks. Our last 2 nights we upgraded to a Vista Suite, which was just gorgeous. I loved the suite, but it is farther from the main pool and main building...not as easy for kids. Both the Premium room and the Suite were visited by Howler Monkeys, Titi Monkeys, Capuchin Monkeys and Iguanas. We saw more wildlife at the hotel than we saw at Manuel Antonio Park. The staff is willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay amazing.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Just perfect"
Excellent hotel. The staff is professional (one of the best we met) and very nice . Very good restaurant Many swimming pools with ocean view Even if the hotel is full, you feel the quietness and the luxury.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
ghl
"Parador, Simply the best!"
Hotel Parador has been a great hotel. The room was splendid, the whole area gorgeous, the personnel so friendly, and the location a dream. I can recommend it to anyone who wants to relax. I want to thank the people at Parador again for our experience we had last year. We will recommend you to anyone who plans to stay in Manuel Antonio
5 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
georges
"A little bit of paradise!"
Beautiful resort with very professional and friendly staff. Enriqui met us at the airport to take us to the resort and then drove us back to the airport on our departure. He is an excellent driver and went out of his way to make us comfortable and very welcome. Sylvia at the front desk was also exceptionally nice and very helpful. We had Jose as our waiter at several of our meals. He was the most courteous and friendly staff that we met in the dining area. Elias was our guide on the Manuel Antonio Park Tour. A most knowledgeable person, who gave us a very informative and great tour of the park and beach areas. He worked very hard to make it the most incredible adventure and tour that we took. Our white water rafting tour with Jason and Manuel was also fantastic!! What incredible guides! Gilberto also gave us a remarkable adventure on horseback. Food was a little overpriced. But, We felt so pampered, rested, and truly enjoyed our week at the Parador!
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Scarlett
Had a great time at this hotel. The staff was very kind and loved the free breakfast buffet every morning but think it should be extended out to 11 am for us sleepy lazy heads.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Excellent but at half price"
Absolutely a wonderful experience! It had a 55% discount, and si felt it was already expensive for $170 a night. But when we went it was worth it. Nig hotel, a lot of hanging spots. It is really expensive for its regular price. It's worth it but for hafl the price at lesdt.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
ana
"Nice hotel, ideal to stay in the manuel Antonio"
It's a very comfortable hotel close to the beach. The restaurant it's very good and is not so expensive. The personal is nice, the services are good and for sure I'll return in the future
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Fabian
"great place. great service."
we stayed here for 7 nights and had a wonderful time. The property is beautiful and well maintained. We were upgraded to a suite with an ocean view and jacuzzi on the terrace. The staff is very friendly and helpful and arranged all of our tours, taxis and dinner reservations making it easy to enjoy all Manuel Antonio had to offer.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Nice ..hotel pretty close to everything."
experience was mad kool. It's very chilled.. Lots to do (activities) sun is very strong! Food was good!! Sunsets are beautiful.. Would highly recommend .. I would totally go back!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with great ocean views"
Six of us travelled to the Hotel Parador fo four nights (2 couples and a mother and child) and stayed in 2 suites and a Superior Room. The setting is perfrct, surrounded by forest with ocean views views north and south along the coast. The service is excellent and the restaurant had very good food. The rooms were well decorated adn very clean. The pool complex is great with one large family area and 2 separate adult pool areas. I will recommned this hotel and intend to stay there again on my next trip to this area
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Very good"
We had a very nice stay. Great view, fantastic internet, good restaurant.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
GLP
"great hotel, great surroundings"
We were there with our kids and grand kids and there was something to do for everyone. Wild life running free is a wonderful experience.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
roy
"Amazing hotel!"
Great hotel, clean, fresh food, they will work hard to get you anything you need.
5 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Benjamin
"Costa rica"
Nice over all. Would recommend
3 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
"Highly recommend this resort"
The hotel is beautiful. The main pool is so awesome; it's the sickest pool I had ever seen. It's close to a small secluded beach that you can walk to. This beach in my opinion is much better than the public beach in MA park. My husband and I did a night walk tour on Parador's property for $25 per person. We both enjoyed the tour. You can't get to any restaurants without a taxi. But most of the tours you do include a meal. And Parador's main restaurant has a really good lunch menu for a reasonable price; you can even order lunch menu during dinner time. Order the fish taco, seafood ceviche, and savory chicken crepe. These were my favorite dishes from them approxi $12-$15 each dish. We also paid around $30 for a steak dish and $20 for a pasta for dinner; but we weren't impressed. So lunch is cheaper and better. I saw black iguanas on the property and vultures that came to my balcony often. I ordered a mixed drink from the swim up bar; it was the best mixed drink ever. however the next day I ordered the exact same drink from another bartender from the main bar. He made the drink so gross that I couldn't even finish it. The good bartender was the skinnier one with darker skin than the other guy. My favorite time spent at MA was when my hubby and I were chilling at the hotel pool or taking a nap on our private balcony. We had a huge balcony; we got lucky. With all these being said. Enjoy your stay.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Kat
"Stay away!"
The hotel has two types of rooms, old ones and remodeled ones. Stay away from rooms 200-220. They are located in a very old two-storey building with low ceilings and horrible smell of mold. Moreover, another two buildings located just steps away are being under construction. So you get noise and dust as your bonus! There is a nice beach nearby but to get there you should go down the hill along the muddy path 200 meters long. If you are a backpacker you would probably love exotics of getting as close as you can possible be to soil, mud and stones. However, if you prefer comfort I would encourage you to stay away from Costa Rica at all. This country is on the same level of economic development as India. Its nowhere close to Mexico or Dominican Republic. The quality of facilities and roads are inadequate! The quality of food is very low even in hotels.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Loved all the wildlife we saw just from our room!"
Great place to stay. Our kids loved the pool and minigolf. Plus we all loved the surrounding grounds and all the animals that you can see right there. Beautiful views too!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Good, but noisy"
Nice hotel in nice place. Walking distance to the beach. Shuttles to the public beaches and Park. The construction works under next to the building made a lot of noise. I would advise to stay away until the reconstruction finish. Otherwise, it is beautiful place to stay.
4 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Lovely resort in a tropical rain forest"
We went to attend a family member's destination wedding. They were well taken care of by an efficient wedding planner. The wedding was on a beach, with guests shuttled to the site. The reception was held on a patio at the resort. There are many spaces at the resort that could accommodate different sizes of parties. We arrived a few days before the wedding. Some people in our party flew into Quepos, which sounds like a good way to get there. We rented a car and had some difficulties. The roads are scary, with warnings about rocks falling and animals wandering into the road. We had hoped to drive in daylight, but the end of the trip was in the dark, which was nerve wracking. This was partly due to our car breaking. A plastic wheel well lining broke loose and was flapping against the tire. We pulled off and found a piece of wire in the road and rigged a repair. We appreciated the road when there were lines and reflectors, but that doesn't occur the majority of the time. Bicycles and pedestrians would loom in the darkness, terrifying us. Be sure to obey the speed limit; in populated areas you need to go slowly. I can't say enough about the staff at the hotel. So nice!
"Awesome location, great staff!"
We spent 4 days at Parador and it was a wonderful experience. The room was superb with a jacuzzi in the balcony and with a fantastic sea view. Very professional staff, they were very concern in providing all our needs - a special thanks to Alan, he was very helpful. There is a very close beach ( Playa Biesanz that we can go there in a 10' walk. All the surroundings are full of monkeys, iguanas and mapaches. We love it! Hope we could come back!
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Hugo
"Tim and Noe"
Hotel was very nice. There was some construction but we got a very good rate. Grounds were exemplary. It is a hike, but you have to see the ocean from the rocks. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Dinner was good too. If you are looking to surf then stop in Playa Hermosa. Beach was a mixture of locals and tourists. Muy divertido.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Tim Forbus
My wife and I booked two nights at Hotel Parador, but unfortunately when we arrived there was some sort of confusion about the booking with Hotels.com and they had never received our reservation. Since there were no other standard rooms available, Hotel Parador graciously upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge, despite the fact that they were not at fault for the miscommunication. The entire staff was great, the pools and views were phenomenal, and we ended up having an amazing stay there. Highly recommended.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Jared
"paradise!"
EXCELLENT, WILL RETURN SOON
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
DAN
"Warm and friendly staff in a beautiful environment"
Hotel Parador is a warm and welcoming resort at the end of the line when driving in Manuel Antonio. It feels remote and private and protected and its views are spectacular. That said, going off site for meals felt like too much of a hassle, despite complete boredom with its fine Galleria restaurant.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Business travel
"Poorly maintained"
The toilet was broken and instead of just changing the room, the management spent almost an entire day fixing the toilet disrupting our vacation. The food in the restuarant was mediocre.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Azam
"Hotel Parador"
Great!
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Great experience! Staff was friendly and very helpful! Great times at Hotel Parador.. Costa Rica was amazing! Def stay at this hotel. Will def be coming back!
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Beautiful"
Beatiful view! Close to Manuel Antonio National Park. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Pools are relaxing one of them is heated. Beach access available but the hike back up hill was tiring, can't access from hotel. Food at hotel restaurant and room service food not tasty. Washer and dryer on premises but very expensive to use. Wi-fi was botchy.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
julia
"Beautiful hotel, not nice mattresses"
The hotel is beautiful, very clean, quiet, the only thing that would have made our stay excellent is the mattress we slept in, it's old and not comfortable.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Ofelia
"Great, remote location"
Awesome stay! The staff was great and there were many activities and excursions
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Teresa
"Beautiful hotel"
Stayed there for my birthday and I loved everything about this hotel. Keep in mind there are a lot of stairs and the nearest beach is within a 15 min walk. The food is pricy but delicious. Definitely will come back.
Adrian
"great place with bad AC."
The hotel is great overall, great service, amazing surroundings. The only bad experience were the beds and the AC. The beds felt like rocks, and the AC was always broken or not working well. We were sweeting all nights, it was hot. We want to go back next year, perhaps their AC is fixed by then. Everything was great! Thank you
3 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Fernandez Family
"superb hotel with a magnificent view"
i'll keep it short - if you can afford this hotel, it is worth EVERY PENNY; the staff, the views, the pools...all superb. If i were to be overtly critical, i could say that the food is slightly above average but not excellent and in our room, you could hear someone walking (with high heels) outside in the hallway.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Luis
"Great short getaway"
The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It has pure quality in it's design and structure given that is built on a mountain side. The hotel has amazing detail and quality furnishing typical of a 5 star hotel. It is by far the nicest hotel I have stayed at in CR. Reception was great upon check in with personal greeting at the door. Check in was fast and transport to the room by golf cart was immediate.Definitely a hotel dedicated to detail.The room was impeccable with a jacuzzi on the balcony, all the comforts of home, beautiful views of the ocean, quiet , calm and peaceful. It rained at night but the transport golf car was at the door in minutes to take you to the main hotel or car. Breakfast was sufficient, but not amazing. Tour guy was great but mislead us on the details of the catamaran tour.He said all drinks were included but they were not. IT was $ 75 per person, but was excellent for 3.5 hours of great music, snorkeling, sunset, and personal attention. The parasailing organized through the hotel was GREAT. Miguel and wife were exceptional, trusting, helpful and gave great sense of confidence. Both tours were great and would highly recommend. The only issue was with the bartender on the 2nd floor hotel bar/restaurant. Upon arrival we tried to get a drink and charge it to the room. He was unable to see us in his computer, like it was our fault, and made us pay with credit card. Not a great feeling as first encounter in the hotel. But the rest of the stay was great.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014