All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2361 South Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Close enough" to Millbrook HT- about 35 min drive
"Refreshing"
This was just what we needed after a busy time in town: clean, quiet, and comfortable!
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
J.C.
"nice stay"
We only stayed one night. We were picking up a train the next morning and it was very centrally located. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The only negative thing about the rooms is that they did not have an iron or a fan in the bathroom as far as I am concerned these are very minor. The breakfast was very good a lot of variety of foods to choose from. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
DIane
"Over night stay"
We arrived and were promptly greeted. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Check-out was quick. I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn Poughkeepsie.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Ann
Convenient for our trip to Vassar College, the Poughkeepsie waterfront, and shopping along Route 9.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Misleading advertising"
I booked a standard room with 2queen size beds, website states you can get rollaway beds for additional people for a $10 extra fee. When we entered the room it hey were only double beds! We asked for the rollaway because there was 5 of us! They told me they can not give rollaway a to standard rooms. cease it is a fire hazard. I double checked my booking and indeed I was paying for a standard with queen beds. We even checked the site for rooms with double beds and all their rooms state they are queen beds! False advertising! My husband had to sleep with our two 14 year old boys! Needless to say they didn't have a good nights sleep!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Marcie
"place to stay for West Point"
Overall its a very nice hotel for the price. It was a bit too far from West Point, about 50 minutes. We would rather be closer. The indoor pool/hot tub and exercise room were nice. Breakfast was good, had many choices. The room was nice and clean but the AC was dripping water on the carpet which left a very large wet spot. We told the front desk but they were unable to fix it during our stay (2 nights). They did offer to let us change rooms but we declined.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
kathy
Volume on the TV was high even when it was adjusted to one. The air conditioner was very loud and probably needed a tune up. The room was very clean and there was a lot of choices for breakfast.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Staff was very accommodating. Upgrade was a pleasant surprise. Room was great! Thank you Peter.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
we spent a little more to spread out in a suite but it was well worth..nice big room...great pool & breakfast as well as great service!!
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
judy
"Exceeded expectations"
Having stayed at some Hampton Inns previously, this was by far the nicest. The room was very modern, clean and in like-new condition. Ice machines on every floor. Complimentary breakfast was a treat - none of the other hotels we had stayed in the previous nine nights included a breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Mary Ellen
Excellent value for what you pay for at this hotel. It is very clean. The bathrooms are very nice. The breakfast served in the morning is very nice and includes a meat, eggs, bagels, cereal, fruit, waffles, etc. The only negative is that the air conditioning/fan system is very loud. Each room has its own thermostat which is very nice but the noise everytime it kicked in (which was very often during my stay) would be quite loud. But overall I thought this hotel was great!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"No complaints"
The fire alarm at midnight was annoying, but it wasn't the hotel's fault. Shower was fine, wifi was fast enough and breakfast was good. Room was very nice and the TV let me put a sleep timer on (which all hotels need to do). Having 3 extra outlets and 2 USB plugs on the table next to the bed a a wonderful idea in this day.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Overpriced for what you get."
They jack up the price when the Country Living Fair is in Hyde Park. If that's the case, they should add more perks. For Example, I wanted a refrigerator in my room and they said they only had 3 which were all out. Really?!?
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
When in the Poughkeepsie area I truly enjoy staying here. Always clean, courteous staff, and quiet halls.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Uncomfortable Beds and Broken Hair Dryer"
The beds were too soft and lumpy and the hair dryer was broken. Automatic $50.00 charge for incidentals was very unappreciated. I will not stay at this hotel again!!!
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Monica
Staff friendly, competent and helpful Rooms comfortable and clean. Rooms made up in a timely fashion. I like the idea of a no-tub (shower only) bathroom. Breakfast more than adequate.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Hotel was clean, and since they overbooked we were upgraded to a suite with whirlpool tub, which was very much appreciated. Problems- the light in the room with the toilet was burned out, and though the front desk told us it had been replaced it still wasn't working. Also, the entry to the room apparently needed reprogramming, because after 3 trips to the front desk for new keys, they ended up having to come up with a master key to let us in the room!
Other trip May 19, 2014
suzanC
"pleasantly surprised"
The room was a nice size. There were no bad smells in the room or the hall. The bed was comfortable. I was pleased with all the room in the bathroom, the shower was a nice walk in and there was plenty of room to spread things out on the counter. The front desk staff was very nice during check in and out. The hotel was a quick drive to the mall and different restaurants. I would recommend staying there.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Jamie
"Great Place"
I travel a lot ,Stay at hotels sometimes 2 or 3 times the cost of this Hampton Inn.This hotel is as good or better than any of them The STAFF was GREAT. Room excellent-nice coffee and breakfast all included in the price.I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn if in the Poughkeepsie, area
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Bob Rob
"close to Marist.. stay here all the time"
love the Hampton Inn and Suites... the breakfast could be better
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
kellie hogwood
"What you would expect"
This hotel is what you would expect from a Hampton. It is clean and comfortable and service is pretty good. Pool is nice and breakfast is normal hotel breakfast fare. Location is good - right on Rt 9 - so convenient to everything. We would stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
Sofá bed uncomfortable. Good location! Nice hot tub & pool.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
"Conveniently located hotel"
This hotel is on Route 9, very close to everything in the Poughkeepsie, Fishkill, and Hyde Park area. The rooms are suites which means there is a great little kitchenette with coffee and microwave popcorn in your room. The hot buffet breakfast has a large selection of choices. I did not use the indoor pool and gym but those are good options to have.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"convenient place to stay"
Convenient place to stay to drop daughter off at college. easy check-in Maid service could be improved. We were only given 3 towels for 4 people. Soap, shampoo, extra cups, etc was never resupplied during 4 day stay. We had to ask everyday for extra towels and cups. Service was inconsistent. One day room was made up at after 3pm, another day maid came by at 8:30 am before we were ready to have service.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"close to hyde park cia"
nice but tried to get a late check out for 2 pm and they would not allow it.. too bad cause it wasn't busy at all.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
kathy t
"Back to School"
The overall hotel is very nice. We stayed two nights and requested after the first night that the room be freshened. Make the beds replace the towels etc Upon returning at 7 p.m. after being gone for 8 hours 3 new towels had been placed in the room. Beds unmade, trash not emptied and no hand towels or wash cloths replaced. No coffee replaced, no cups. The desk apologized but that was it. We had to go down on Monday morning to get wash cloths as they we out on Sunday night. The back door which states for safety is always licked was never locked and propped open with a cigarette ashtray on Sunday night. We are in the area about 6 times a year for our daughters school yet there is not discount program for college students and their parents. We will be traveling to Poughkeepsie for the next three years and I am not sure we will use this hotel again.
2 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Thank you!!"
What a great hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Besides the great rooms, nice (free) hot breakfast and nice people I also have another reason to rank them highly.....I had left the inside light on in my car all night and it drained the battery. After checkout, I couldn't get my car started. The hotel had one of the workers come by and give me a jump start me. I can't thank them enough for going out of their way for me. I really appreciate it and am so THANKFUL. Great hotel!
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2014
Baubles
Very spacious clean rooms.. Friendly staff Enjoyed the spa and pool
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"CLEAN, QUIET, AHHHH..."
One of the best choices in Poughkeepsie. It's a new facility with "clean" as their theme There's no bar, which keeps it quiet. Highly recommended.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
Patticakes
"Perfectly reasonable"
The hotel and staff were very nice. The room was spacious and clean. We stayed in a standard King Bed Room. The bathroom was more than large enough and the shower was huge and clean. Something I didn't think to check when making the reservation was whether there would be a fridge in the room. I kind of just assumed there would be and was unhappily surprised that there wasn't, but it was my fault for not double checking. The room had plenty of light, even though our second floor room window view was a giant air conditioning unit. Not the best view but we're not too picky. Breakfast was great and the staff was very helpful. I think the girls name who helped us throughout our stay was Hannah, and she was very nice. Overall a good experience for the one night we were there.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Autumn
"Perfect for baseball team"
Clean and hotel workers were great!
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Hampton In Poughkeepsie"
Overall very nice, but outrageous prices in the "food pantry"
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
PK
Room was great, great rate, ideal location, nice staff
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
Betty Kelly
Loved it
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"Solid choice in Poughkeepsie"
I attend meetings frequently less than half a mile from this hotel, so it's convenient. That said, I like it better than the nearby Marriott -- newer and cleaner. Staff is courteous and efficient. Works for me!
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Poughkeepsie Suite"
Nice breakfast buffet. Nice indoor pool & Jacuzzi
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
BH
"Pleasant Stay"
The hotel was clean and easy to get around. The service was lovely and the breakfast buffet was the best we ever had. Love the "bagel toppers!" The only thing needing improvement was the hot tub next to the pool; it wasn't particularly hot. But overall, we had a good stay.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
"nice price for what you receive..."
It was great. Staff was very accomodating. Especially the asst manager. He truly loves his job....He knew all the answers to my questions that I asked and he was even clearing breakfast tables. I saw him help another team member move out the trash at one point. Kudos. Im sorry I did not get his name. He is a great team leader and boss.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Rox
"LOVED this place!"
We've stayed in many hotels, even many Hampton Inn's, but this is the best one yet. Spacious rooms, sparkling clean, ridiculously comfortable bed(I'm a mattress fanatic, never happy), an indoor pool that is just beautiful, centrally located, etc etc. I can't wait to go back there, and we will take the kids for a couple of days on winter break. They will love it. This hotel was like it's own destination!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Hampton Inn done right"
I go up to Poughkeepsie for meetings right across Route 9 from this hotel so it's obviously the most convenient. That said, I've tried the Marriott and some others, and like Hampton Inn best. Rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfortable. Nothing fancy but everything is more than adequate. I like a fresh made breakfast so I skip the free one in the lobby and go to the nearby Table Talk Diner. But the free breakfast they serve is pretty good. Staff is always efficient, friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
Don
"Really nice"
I really enjoyed my stay. There's nothing better than a newer hotel. Completely up to date, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was awesome too. I will be back for sure.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Jersey Nancy
"Great for Hudson Valley Sights"
This hotel offers all of the features that make Hamptons great--nice pool, good breakfast, clean, comfortable rooms. One complaint: the wall heater was very loud.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2013
JR
"fabulous spacious room for my family of 6!"
Amenities were great for my family of 6 and the free breakfast in the morning was wonderful! Would definitely stay there again in the future! Our "Culinary Institute of America" studio suite was spacious and clean and affordable.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
MPKim
Very clean, very comfortable and very friendly staff.
2 night trip Oct 27, 2013
Colette
"Accommodating"
They did not have the room I requested, but were able to make changes that worked out in our favor. They came through for us in a tough situation.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Joanne
"Apple Picking and Romatic Getaway for a Birthday"
EXCELLENT! We found that the beds were not that comfortable; i.e., hard and lumpy. Other than this our stay was GREAT! The crew who handles the Breakfast needs to be commended on their professionalism and attention to detail! They were GREAT!
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2013
Suzy and Rob
"Great get away"
We loved the king suite with the hot tub perfect for a much need night away from home.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Dawn
"Awesome... best experience I had had at a hotel"
The rooms were clean, facilities spotless. Staff was polite. My children loved the indoor pool and the hot breakfast was wonderful. My suggestion is if you plan on taking advantage of the hot breakfast, plan to be patient. Breakfast was delicious but the staff member working was running around in circles trying to replenish things. I recommend going early rather than the last hour. I am extremely happy with my stay.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2013
Kate
"Very clean"
The front desk staff was extremely accommodating and friendly.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013