All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Blvd. Miguel Angel HerreraCallejon De Los Bungalows, Cabo San LucasBCS23450Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
    Awesome vibe
    Delicious food
    Great amenities
"Hidden Gem"
This is a unique hotel a bit off the beaten track, but well worth finding. It is outside of the Cabo party scene, but within an easy walk to anywhere in town including many restaurants and bars. The hotel itself has a quiet walled courtyard great for relaxing and we stayed in the palapa room....a special terrace room with no wall. Owners were very friendly and morning breakfast was cooked to order and terrific. Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
Nice people Greatlocation near town
3 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
Marc
"Looking for Romance"
What a hidden gem this is. After you find it, as there is a very old faded sign and no street signs, you step through an ancient wooden door and you are in one of the most romantic and charming garden bed and breakfasts you could ever imagine. The owners are superb hosts and the rooms are just wonderful. I had one of two enclosed private rooms with AC but there are also 4 open air rooms that are strategically placed through the gardens with private steps leading you to each. Breakfast was wonderfully prepared to your liking and delicious. Definitely will be back soon with my husband. This is definitely a couples romantic retreat getaway and not for families.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2015
"Wow this is a true find."
It was amazing the moment i walked in. The lush green and blooming flowers were only a portion of this amazing hacienda. I was lucky enough to get a upstairs suite and me and my husband were blown away by the details and true authenticity of this hacienda. With your own private stairs that are laced with vines of beautiful plants abd flowers up to your spacious private oasis. The breakfast in the morning was super delicious and homemade. With fresh squeezed mango juice from their tree.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
monica
"Amazing Hideaway"
This wonderful place is truly a sanctuary in the middle of town. It is a few minutes walk to everything you want to do and a great place to relax and regroup after a day in the sun. I can't say enough good things about this place.
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"A truly sublime experience!"
We travel a lot and have been lucky enough to stay at some of the most luxurious hotels around the world - from The Westin Excelsior in Rome to The Udai Palace in Udaipur. Naturally, we were skeptical of putting up at a tiny B&B for our first trip to Cabo, but I was aching to try something small, authentic, with a personal touch. This charming little place put all our worries to rest the second we stepped in through that palatial gate. The front yard is huge, very tastefully done with hand picked art pieces, a burst of colors, mango trees and dozens of caged birds. The owners - Sochi and Gary, are the nicest, most accommodating hosts you'll ever meet. The place had a laid back pace to it. We booked the palapa room which is something I'd never experienced - a room with one missing wall! I went in April and it did get a wee bit chilly deep into the night and if you have a sweet tooth, those blood sucking mosquitoes might come looking for you :) Also, if you rent a palapa room, you'll have to deal with a bit of noise as the main road is nearby and the locals love to drive around with their music blasting through their speakers. The breakfast is handmade by Sochi and is quite a spread. Delicious to say the least. Overall, I would totally recommend this for at least a night or two.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
PJ
"Don't stay anywhere else!"
Great, all around. Go for the suite with the jacuzzi. Location is perfect, Sochi and Gary are amazing! This is where you stay if you need an authentic reprieve from "spring break Cabo" but want still want to be able to access it at your "leisure" aka, after some tequila.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"HIDDEN GEM !"
When my husband and I travel we never look for the typical resort or chain hotels. We often look more towards places that are individually owned, unique and off the beaten path. El Nido was IT ! I had reservations about noise and temperature when I booked one of the open air rooms. My strategy was to move into one of the closed rooms if available should any noise keep me up, or the outside temperature might be too chilly for me to sleep comfortably. When we arrived we were greeted by Gary, the owner who is an awesome man! He showed us around and took us to our room. The grounds of this place is soooo beautiful and well thought out. From the decor to the natural setting of this place is absolutely beautiful. After spending one night in the open air room I was hooked. The temperature was perfect. And the noise - what noise? Naturally you will hear some birds singing -some dogs playing, or rooster crowing but these are very mild and wonderful sounds of nature that it was actually soothing. Now if you have an inconsiderate neighbor that is loud and stupid then all you have to do is tell him/her to shut the F up. We also got to meet Sogi (sp?), Gary's wife - another awesome being. She was so helpful throughout our stay and such a wonderful chef. Her food is awesome ! Gary and Sogi's hospitality is unbeatable - This is why we LOVE to support individually owned spots like this. THANK YOU GARY AND SOGI. We will be back to visit you and BARBIE .....
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Mantis
"A Hidden Paradise"
I had to make a quick business trip to Cabo. I ran across El Nido on Expedia and was impressed by the reviews. The experience was amazing. This small, hidden Bed and Breakfast offered a calming, relaxing trip that should have been hectic. The breakfasts were top quality. The patio, gardens, and birds made this place a peaceful refuge. I stayed in a first level room that was traditionally Mexican and very comfortable. I was shown some of the open air second floor rooms. They were so unique and beautiful. On my next trip, I will request one of these. I had recently had knee surgery and didn't feel comfortable walking on the uneven sidewalks to the marina market to get gifts for my students. They arranged to have a friend of theirs take me to the market and shop with me for the afternoon. I have traveled to Cabo many times over the past 15 years and am so glad that I discovered El Nido.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Lovely Boutique Hotel with a Local Flair"
We didn't want to be in a typical resort and wanted something with a more local flavor, and El Nido was perfect for us. We booked the room with the partial palapa and enjoyed star gazing every night. Our private Jacuzzi was a bonus and gave us the relaxation we were looking for. The location is a few minutes walk to the Marina and very convenient. Gary and Sochi are wonderful hosts who made our stay very comfortable. We would stay with them again.
5 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Rakesh
"Delightful Mexican Hacienda"
Hosts Gary and Sochi were friendly and welcoming. Sochi's breakfasts of authentic Mexican egg dishes with fresh guacamole and salsa were delicious. Open air palapa room was beautifully decorated and a unique and comfortable experience. Only a 10 minute walk to the marina. Try El Nido if you want a change from the big resort hotels.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Laid back, romantic, and beautiful."
Everything about our stay was excellent. Beautiful palapaya room with private hot tub, great staff, delicious breakfast. We will definetly be back!
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Beautiful, authentic Mexican B & B."
We loved our time at El Nido. Our one and only negative, if you can call it that is that at night, after traveling 12 hours, it's not initially easy to find. Once you get your bearings, it's located close to just about Everything. We walked often. The room, staff, decor, owners are all superb. Wonderful breakfast. Beautiful communal deck with jacuzzi and lounge area. We would readily stay at El Nido again. Gary and Sochi are friendly, warm and make you feel like you've landed in a little piece of American heaven.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Sunshine and Starlight"
Palapa room open to the flowers and tree tops and the stars at night. Gentle breezes and comfortable surroundings. Excellent care from the staff and owners. A great place to experience a true Mexican/Cabo experience.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"A private paradise in Cabo San Lucas"
This place is truly amazing. We wanted to stay at a place that felt like Mexico, not Las Vegas, but we still wanted comfort, service and cleanliness. Behind the walls at El Nido at Hacienda Escondida is a private paradise The high ratings I have given to El Nido at Hacienda Escondida are based on how well it satisfied our expectations and is not meant to be a comparison to a big, fancy resort hotel. It exceeded our expectations in so many ways. The facilities are somewhat rough, and there are only 6 rooms, but that's exactly what we wanted. We stayed in an open air room, but there were no bugs (we slept on a very comfortable king sized bed under a mosquito net), lizards, or other critters to contend with. The breakfast was outstanding, and the owners who live in an adjacent home were always around and very friendly and responsive to our needs. Honestly, I could have stayed there forever.
5 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Like family away from home"
I stayed for a week over Christmas. The decor was awesome-- breakfasts were perfect-- fresh squeezed orange juice-coffee- fresh fruit and your choice of 5 great Mexican breakfast dishes. Owners were helpful with ideas to enjoy the Cabo experience and they became my personal friends. With the fun had with other guests I couldn't have had a better Cabo experience!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Glen
"Great people, good price, quiet and restful."
If you are staying in Cabo and want to be able to walk to the bar section and marina, but still want a nice quiet place. This is it. Nice sized room downstairs. No openable windows but AC and fan. Sit outside and have breakfast which is excellent. Upstairs rooms are actually open to the breeze, palapa style, so if the weather is decent they are wonderful. Really liked the place. Owner is an expat American and his wife. They called the day before to confirm my arrival and make sure the local taxi services didn't skin me alive. Greatly appreciated after having experienced a Cabo taxi ride sky high fare once in the past.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2014
"Cozy Bed and Breakfast"
El Nido was beautiful and cozy! It is a bit off the main tourist drag but it is an oasis once you get inside. The owners were very accommodating and breakfast was delicious!
Other trip May 27, 2014
First Time Cabo
"Unexpected delightful experience"
It was wonderful. Owners Xochitl and Gary were very accommodating. Grounds were spotless. Food was delicious! I hidden gem in Cabo.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2014
Ginny and Robert
"Beautiful setting!"
My husband and I spent a week at El Nido, we enjoyed our time time there immmensely! The owners couldn't have been nicer! Tasty, authentic breakfast were prepared and served each day... We were lucky to get the palapa with the private hottub...unfortunately four out of the six nights the tub was under repair, but the the two days we were able to use it...were heavenly! The beauty and up keep of the grounds were remarkable! Would highly reccommend this hotel- a little nest up high!
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"great place, great people, great food"
Had a good time. Owners were great and food was wonderful.
3 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Cabo Spring 2014"
This is a charming B&B. I stayed in an open air room with a beautiful flower canopy. With in walking distance to the marina and downtown. A great place to relax. Wonderful breakfasts each day.
4 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Authentic and Quiet"
If you are looking for something away from the club scene of Cabo but still be walking distance to everything, this is your place. Gary and his wife are the best and the breakfast, complete with fresh sliced fruit, is the best in town. I ate with the locals a couple times and it wasn't as good as the breakfast served at this B&B.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"True Mexico Experience"
Fantastic Hotel - makes you feel like you are in a traditional Mexican mini village. Excellent breakfast and superb service.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Johan
"we liked the gardens and the feel but not the room"
the reason we did not like the room is there was no windows and I like to see the morning light. I guess the palapa rooms would be best but we did not want to spend the extra money. breakfast was very nice.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
kippy
"Fun and friendly"
We had the room with the private jacuzzi. The room was unique, and beautiful. We loved the whole experience.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Absolutely amazing in every way"
El Nido was amazing. Although a bit difficult for our taxi to find, once there, we were greeted by the owners who were incredibly friendly and helpful. They clearly take great pride in their space. They showed us around the property, even showing off some of the other vacant rooms just to point out cool architectural aspects. We stayed in one of the open-air rooms, and words cannot express our satisfaction. Our room was very private and surprisingly quiet. We were staying in January so the temperatures were mild, and we weren't bothered much by bugs. While in El Nido, we mainly stayed to our room since we had a private hot tub. However, the whole space is amazing, boasting a cool common area downstairs with a bar as well as an upstairs patio with seating, a hammock, and a large hot tub that had we been traveling with friends, we definitely would have made use of. The breakfast, as other reviews have mentioned, is not to be missed. Very walkable to town. We will definitely be coming back. We were so pleased with our brief stay that we have already recommended El Nido to friends.
2 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
"Perfect and beautiful"
The hosts are amazing. The place is peaceful and gorgeous and the breakfasts are delicious and homemade. If I ever make it back to Cabo, I would only stay there. I loved every minute I spent in this little paradise.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"El Nido Charmer"
Great out of the way location, easy walking distance to boutique restaurants and the harbor. Hosts were there at all times to take care of any and all questions. Parking in front so if renting a car no problems. Breakfast fresh cooked everyday and delicious. Stayed 5 nights and would stay there again and again!
5 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Joel
"Wonderful hotel Close to Everything"
We started our stay in the downstairs rooms, but didn't like how closed-off they were, so we were able to easily move upstairs to the palapa rooms. It was just magical! We really enjoyed the light, the open air, and the breakfast was delicious.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Gorgeous getaway!"
If you're looking for a bed and breakfast a little off the beaten path, this is it. Spend the night under the stars (and under a mosquito net) and have an amazing breakfast spread the next morning. Only a 5 minute walk from all the action, this hotel is a gem!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"We ❤️ El Nido at Hacienda Escondida!"
Ms. Xochilt was extremely kind and caring, as was her son. I felt like familia. Ms. Xochilt went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable. Gracias Por Todo❤️
4 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Leticia
"Wonderful hosts - off the beaten path location"
Very thoughtful fun hosts, wonderful breakfast in the colorful court yard. Comfortable eclectic rooms. Draw backs: a bit noisy
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Inmejorable Estadia"
en mis 62 anos y habiendo estado en un sin numero de hoteles en muchas ciudades del mundo (sin sonar presumido), el Nido es el lugar mas especial en el que he estado, la privacidad de las habitaciones que dan al aire libre es unica, puedo escribir por muy largo tiempo y solo deseo comentar que quien visite el nido y experimente una estadia alli va a tener una experiencia fantastica, exotica, agradable, armoniosa, de gran calidad de reposo y de mucho calor humano. todo todo todo es excelente!! jamas podre olvidar esta estadia y mi esposa y yo lo recomendamos como una de las cosas que mejor nos ha sucedido
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2013
kirill

TripAdvisor reviews for El Nido at Hacienda Escondida

"Paradise!"
04/30/16 at_chiang San Francisco, California
This is seriously one of the best hotel/BB stays we've ever had. We stayed in one of the upper level palapa rooms. Literally 3 walls, with the 4th wall being nothing but open air... beautiful is the best word to describe it. Sleeping in the open air like that was incredibly peaceful. And the grounds itself were incredibly peaceful as well. Huge mango trees everywhere, song birds chirping... it was like a dream. Gary and his wife Sochi (sp?) were incredible hosts. There are only a few rooms here, so it feels like a tiny little vacation community. Breakfast is legit, they've got free little things like fruits and water for you... perfect. Even though I do love modern & contemporary shnazzy hotels too, if you want to stray away from that monotonous cookie cutter type place, El Nido is the place to do it. We would 100% go back, and have recommended it to everyone after we got back.
"Authentic Mexican experience"
09/26/15 Snowie_U Bismarck, North Dakota
We stayed there during low season (mid September). Once we first walked through heavy wooden door to the courtyard garden we felt that it was at least 10 degrees cooler then on the street. Garden itself was very well taken care of, lush green with lots of colorful tropical blossoms. As well I couldn't fail to notice tremendous attention to detail in decor like lots of traditional terracotta pottery, colorful accents to make you feel like you not in beige western world anymore. In this garden owner lady Xochil serves traditional Mexican breakfast. It was exceptionally good! Xochil treated us like we were her long lost relatives, she gave us all sorts of good advice, how to get around, where to go and how much things should cost. We stayed in downstairs room with AC. It was charmingly decorated mixing old and new with lots of bold colors. Room itself has open design - bed and sink are in the same area, bathroom and shower separated from bedroom only by half high walls. We loved that there was no TV! Rooms were cleaned every day and mini fridge refilled with bottled drinking water daily. Hotel has lovely roof top patio overlooking Cabo San Lucas. If you like hot tubs you can even take a dip there looking over town night lights. Owner Gary, is very friendly and social guy. He gave some insights of local way of life. Generally our stay at El Nido was amazing, definitely beats traditional soulless jumbo resorts. We felt like we got sneak peak in authentic Mexican living.
"Secret Garden Getaway"
08/12/15 Donna M Macomb, Michigan
One of the best kept secrets in all of Cabo. From the moment you step through the old wooden door you are enchanted. The beautiful gardens, the soft music, the peacefulness hits you and you know you are in for a treat. If you are looking for modern conveniences or someone to be at your beck and call this is not for you but if you are looking for romance and some privacy you came to the right place. The owners Gary and Xocie are great hosts and full of information about Cabo. Breakfast prepared for you by Xocie is wonderful and served to you at the outside patio. Definitely will return for a few nights very soon. Love this B&B.
"Oasis near it all"
07/26/15 Jena P Sacramento, California
We forgot a passport, turned around, the car broke down and then we missed our flight. We finally arrived here a day later than expected and the minute we walked in, Gary, our host, along with his wife, made us feel more than welcome. After walking through beautiful large wooden doors, you enter into a huge tiled courtyard with chirping birds, music playing mariachi covers of mainstream songs, palapas, a bar- it's beautiful. The rooms are equipped with AC, comfortable beds and in some, a missing fourth wall to provide an open air experience in your private room. The topper? Breakfast. On our way out today, we woke up in time to grab breakfast made by our hosts. It was amazing. If you like the bustle of Cabo but need to be able to turn it all off after you have left the inebriated streets- there is respite here. Convinced we found the best hotel here.
"Peaceful Sanctuary"
07/14/15 Wil S
Just got back from 4 days, 3 nights at El Nido at Hacienda Escondida. Firstly, the name could not be more appropriate. This gem is truly hidden and as you come through the door you enter your own little world. The décor is amazing and the owners have built and added onto it year after year by themselves. Sochi and Gary are amazing hosts and we were treated like family. We took a shuttle from the airport and were the last ones to be dropped off as we were staying in the town of Cabo San Lucas itself. All the other passengers were dropped off at amazing looking mega-resorts and for a few minutes we wondered if we had made a poor choice. All that ended when we were welcomed in to El Nido. We had amazing, home-cooked breakfasts every morning and sage advice from our hosts on how to get the most for our money in town. We walked everywhere and even though we almost melted a few times ;) , we were glad to be immersed in the true culture of the town and not in a costly resort. We will definitely be back!
"Stay here."
07/02/15 Jacquelyn J
El nido is the perfect place to stay in Cabo if you like a little more folk and a little less spring break. It is still walking distance to town and the beach, but is just far enough to be an oasis from both the dessert and the gringos. Great price, wonderful people, perfect rooms.
"Fantastic private getaway"
06/01/15 jayell2004 Agassiz, Canada
We loved this very private and beautiful bed & breakfast. When you first get there you're wondering what you got into because it is on a dirt road. When you go through the doors it is like walking into paradise. The owners are a very wonderful couple who take the time to get to know you. The atmosphere is like nothing we've experienced before with a courtyard full of plants as well as small birds. The breakfast was excellent every morning (3 day stay) and we were sorry we didn't book for a longer stay. The hot tub on the roof is very private and we spent time there every day. They only serve breakfast and it is a 10 minute walk to downtown Los Cabos.
"A truly sublime experience!"
04/06/15 PJammys
We travel a lot and have been lucky enough to stay at some of the most luxurious hotels around the world - from The Westin Excelsior in Rome to The Udai Palace in Udaipur. Naturally, we were skeptical of putting up at a tiny B&B for our first trip to Cabo, but I was aching to try something small, authentic, with a personal touch. This charming little place put all our worries to rest the second we stepped in through that palatial gate. I travel with a lot of electronics and safety is always a concern. No such issues here. The front yard is huge, very tastefully done with hand picked art pieces, a burst of colors, mango trees and dozens of caged birds. The owners - Sochi and Gary, are the nicest, most accommodating hosts you'll ever meet. The place had a laid back pace to it. We booked the palapa room which is something I'd never experienced - a room with one missing wall! I went in April and it did get a wee bit chilly deep into the night and if you have a sweet tooth, those blood sucking mosquitoes might come looking for you :) Also, if you rent a palapa room, you'll have to deal with a bit of noise as the main road is nearby and the locals love to drive around with their music blasting through their speakers. The breakfast is handmade by Sochi and is quite a spread. Delicious to say the least. Overall, I would totally recommend this for at least a night or two if not the entire duration of your stay since it is slightly far from the beach activities. I stay in Medano Beach for the first few nights, had my fill of water fun and then ended up trip with this gorgeous hotel. Couldn't have been better.
"Sanity in the chaos"
03/22/15 Christine P Portland, Oregon, United States
Compared to the rest of downtown Cabo, this place is an amazing oasis. The pictures provided accurately show what it's like, so there's not much to talk about... it's within easy walking distance of the main attractions downtown. The bed was more comfortable here than the one at the resort we stayed at for the other half of our trip (which was twice the price of this). I wish I had gotten the open-air room with a mosquito net in retrospect. If I returned to Cabo I would not stay downtown - having a pool and beach-front access is important enough that I'd probably spring for a resort... but this place is still really fabulous and absolutely delivers what it advertises. FYI, I couldn't get any of the phone numbers provided to work for me, but they did respond to email.
"Would Return In a Heartbeat!"
02/15/15 JohnMarlaS Ohio
Just a little piece of paradise tucked away in Cabo San Lucas! Xochitl and Gary were wonderfully accommodating and my husband and I very much enjoyed our conversations with them. Our room was wonderful, and upon our next visit I would love to book one of the open air rooms-we were just unsure what the temperature would be like in the evenings, but found that if we stayed during this month for a future visit that this would not be an issue. The pictures posted of the grounds, while lovely, are nothing compared to viewing this luscious paradise in person! My only regret was that we only booked for one night...would love to stay for a longer visit in the future. Xochitl is an amazing cook by the way!!! This location is a MUST when choosing a room in/near Cabo! Thank you again!!!