All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada
91 Three Sisters Dr, Canmore, AB, T1W3A1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"Staying at the Resort"
Staff were friendly and informative. Fantastic views. Hotel amenities were very good, especially the underground car park when it snows!
Other trip Nov 22, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for WorldMark Canmore-Banff

"Very Pleasant Stay"
08/26/15 dreamoftheshore Seattle, Washington
We stayed in a Studio room which was perfect sized for my husband and I. Our windows had a view of the pool area and the mountains which was wonderful to wake up to. A couple of times I just laid down on the bed staring at the mountains which was very peaceful. I'm normally not the meditative sort. We visited the pool area once, but it was pretty crowded. I was hoping to enjoy the sunset over the mountains in the hot tub, but there were so many kids. It would be nice if they had a separate adults only hot tub, but this hotel has a very family friendly aesthetic so I understand why they don't. I loved loved loved the king sized bed in our room, it was amazing. One of the best beds I've ever slept in away from home. We will definitely come here again when we come back to this area.
"Good location, Helpful & Friendly Staff, Complete Amenities"
08/22/15 canucktravels2015 Toronto, Canada
Good location. Around 5 mins to Canmore Town. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and of appropriate size. Great attention to detail on items that you might need during your stay. Dish soap, laundry soap, complete utensils, pots, pans, kitchen appliances, etc. Complimentary laundry facilities. 6 BBQ grills. Pool table. I also kept my workout schedule in the Fitness Centre. One thing to improve on : I requested front desk two days ago to send someone to fix the bathroom light but no one has come so far. We leave in 4 days.
"Amazing Property"
08/21/15 WB1984 Loma Linda, California
Amazing property. Loved having one of the 6 balconies that they had. Got a nice view. The staff were amazing upon checkin and throughout the stay. If I am ever up this way again I will defiantly be using my worldmark ownership and staying here again.
"Friendly, knowledgeable staff"
08/20/15 Kathy R San Francisco, California
Stayed Aug 16-22, 2015. We are WorldMark (WM) owners and have stayed in approx. 20 WM resorts. This must be one of the nicest WM resorts we've been to, not because of the units, but because of the fantastic staff and location. WM Canmore is about 20 minutes south of Banff township & 5 min. from downtown Canmore. Downtown Canmore is approx. 4km from the Banff National Park Entrance. Left lanes are to purchase Park passes. Right lanes for passholders. Fortunately, a pass is good through the next day 4:00pm. The one bedroom we stayed in was a bit small, but we were able to accommodate 3 adults with no problems. Because a sleeper sofa bed was not comfortable for my adult son, we brought in a twin aerobed (fit in his duffel bag with his clothes); it took up most of the floor space in the living room. The aerobed was much more comfortable than the sofa bed. WM has hired staff who are knowledgeable about and enamored with their community and the area. Both Ian and Marie provided very helpful tips on hiking opportunities in the area. Another staff gave us tips on how to use bear spray, but we also watched the "how to use bear spray" youtube video. We borrowed 2 cans of bear spray from WM (first-come/first-serve). If you purchase it, it is expensive and you can't bring it on the airplane. When planning for hikes, keep checking on the weather. WM posts the weather forecast in the lobby. We were lucky, it only rained one day. In the summer for popular hikes, I suggest you wake up early to get on the trail before the crowds arrive. Three of our hikes were outstanding with many photo ops: Johnston Canyon, Lake Louise to the Lake Agnes Teahouse (bring cash for tea, apple crumble, scones, sandwiches), Sunshine Meadows (there is a map in the WM lobby; you can pre-reserve for the shuttle about $22USD/person from the bottom of the ski resort to the top of the gondola). For Lake Louise, it takes 60 to 90 minutes to get from WM Canmore to Lake Louise. We left at 7:45 am and there were still a few parking spaces at 9:00am. It took us 1hr 20 min to ascend, 45 minutes eating at the teahouse, 1 hr to descend, and then we ate lunch at the Chateau. Food was okay, not great. By the time we left at 1:00pm, cars were parked about 1 mile down Lake Louise Drive. At Johnston Canyon, make sure you go to the Upper Falls. Bring a picnic lunch for Sunshine Meadows as there are benches to rest at. The Mt. Standish? outlook had the best view, but it was a huff & puff hike (we're >62). The Lake Agnes Teahouse was the most challenging, about 1 hour of climbing, but the lake & glacier views, waterfall, and teahouse were worth it. Final day we hiked from the parking lot on the other side of the Banff Bridge from downtown Banff past Bow Falls up to the Chateau for lunch on their patio (food okay) ... a pleasant hike; the falls are very small (ascend to the Chateau by going through the Waldhaus Restaurant archway across from the Bow Falls parking lot. We were going to do the Tunnel Mountain hike to the Tunnel Mtn Outlook, but my husband said, "No more hills"! All of these hikes were recommended by the staff. Dining was expensive in the area, but with above average food in Canmore: Tapas, Crazy Weed, and Trough Dining. The WM staff will make reservations for you. There are so many visitors in the area that dinner reservations are necessary unless you want to dine early or very late. Tonight we're splurging to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Three Ravens Restaurant in Banff. All these restaurants can accommodate vegetarians. Good Earth Coffee on 8th Street (the Main Street) was pleasant with free wi-fi. One thing we enjoyed about WM Canmore was the lack of timeshare salesmen on site who do the heavy-duty, used-car -salesmen-type pitches to sell timeshares. There wasn't even a call regarding a timeshare presentation ... perfect! Little touches were appreciated like receiving a friendly "Welcome back" when returning at the end of the day. In reality, we spent very little time in the unit because the beauty of Banff National Park kept us fully occupied. At checkin, staff provides a very good map of Canmore and Banff. When paying for your park pass, the National Park Ranger will give you a brochure with maps and things to do. It was 15.95 CAD for 1 week wi-fi. Enjoy your stay at WM Canmore and Banff National Park!
"Excellent pace to relax"
08/12/15 Marcia K Palo Alto, California
Not in the town but about 1-2 miles out, this pretty resort is a nice refuge from a day of sightseeing. Rooms are much smaller than the usual Worldmarks but they are certainly adequate. Washer dryers are not in the rooms but they are available on 3 different floors in large quantities. Laundry is free and soap is provided. If you like to BBQ, there are several on the back deck and utinsels to cook are also provided. At night, there is a family friendly movie shown in the main theater room and an adult feature afterwards. Staff is helpful with ideas and maps and information. The pool is small but certainly nice with an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi and sauna. Nice place to stay. We are diamond elite members who have been to many many Worldmarks resorts. This one does not have the usual u dates and sales pitch and that is nice!
"VERY Clean and NICE"
07/31/15 HappyTravelerRoatan Oxford, Alabama
I had a studio size and it was very well appointed...definitely comfortable and with a kitchen for meal prep. Excellent pool, spa, fitness center. Free guest laundry and they have great coffee. Quiet stay
"Great location and great service"
07/31/15 momdocm St.Louis
We loved staying here. We had two-one bedroom units because we came here with three teenagers and knew that one unit would not be big enough. We had requested two mountain view rooms close together, but they were only able to give us one room with the mountain view. The kids loved having a room to themselves. The units are smaller than most one bedroom condos, but as others have said, everything is so clean and the staff is so friendly that we didn't mind. We loved Canmore!
"Great place to stay!"
07/30/15 Yasmine E
I really enjoyed my stay at the Worldmark property. My room was facing the three sisters mountain and it was so clean and well maintained. I had stayed there with two other family friends and they enjoyed it too. The hot tub and the swimming pool was great. I would like to thank the staff for all their help and especially Ian, who was great with his suggestions. He was very helpful and kind. I would recommend everyone to stay here.
"Extremely Well Maintained Property with Friendly Staff"
07/10/15 StrawberryJ-V Calgary, Canada
We've stayed at a number of condo style properties in Canmore and the WorldMark is definitely worthy of a return visit. I found that this property was very well maintained compared to its competitors....the common areas were spotless and always smelled quite nice. The room itself was a little smaller than others (e.g. Solara and Blackstone) but it was pristine with not so much as a scratch on the walls. Most other properties we have stayed at in the area definitely show a few scars from heavy use! The other thing that I particularly noticed was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone at WorldMark really seemed to enjoy their jobs and we were always greeted with a smile and a "hello" when we passed the front desk or cleaning staff in the halls. We had a one bedroom suite with a fully equipped kitchen (there was even a selection of spices in the cupboard!) and a comfortable living room area. There was a flat screen TV in both the bedroom and living room and the suite also had a CD player and DVD player. We took advantage of the pool several times and also checked out the hot tubs and sauna....very relaxing! There is also an entertainment room with pool table, a big screen TV and an arts & crafts room which also contains some sporting equipment that guests can use. Two movies are shown each night and we took our daughter to the early family movie....you can buy popcorn from the front desk for a small fee. Just off of the spacious lobby was a large patio with BBQs for guest use.....we didn't use them but the front desk mentioned they supply and clean BBQ utensils if we were interested. I would have rated Worldmark 5/5 if the in-room wi-fi had been free as this is common in most other local accommodations. No hotel / condo is perfect so not a big deal. All in all we had a nice, relaxing weekend and hope to return.
"Stunning views"
07/09/15 BeckyinBend Bend, Oregon
We stayed here in June 2015. It is a lovely big condo resort a little out of Canmore. The view is amazing of 3 Sisters and the rockies. The condo unit was very small. We were two and any more bodies would have been crowded. There was no room in the bedroom for our luggage. The bed takes up the whole space. However, its well kept up, very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a pool and hot tub, exercise room, but not much else for activities. They show a couple movies each night but we didn't attend. The scenery of Banff and Lake Louise is so georgeous! Go to Peyto Lake and Bow Lake north of Lk Louise. I was so glad we took this trip, it was amazing.