All hotels in Anderson, California, United States of America
4125 Riverside Place, Anderson, CA, 96007, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
    Delicious food
    Great amenities
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
"Good highway 5 rest stop"
We arrived late, and even though prepaid,check-in seemed to take forever. The room was difficult to find, but quite nice once we got there. The hotel is right next to the freeway, but fortunately we were on the side away from the freeway and a nice water feature made good white noise. Grounds are very nice. We didn't have time to check out the pool.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the speed of check-in. I will work with my staff on this issue. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
JENNIFER
"Still a nice place to stay"
Have stayed here on trips home during the summer four years in a row now. I noticed some decline in the room condition over the last couple of stays. Staff was friendly and the location is convenient. Would like to see them maintain the rooms a little better.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I have passed your comments on to my management team about the up keep of the rooms. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Very enjoyable stay, have stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay here when I'm in town.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoy your stay each time you stay with us. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Enjoyable one night stay with the grandkids. They liked the pool & the staff was great.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you and your grand-kids enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Awesome place"
Housekeeping did an excellent job everyday!! Security being there made us feel safe! I loved the warm swimming pool! Also a nice walk around the pond and a nice walk and watch the river
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
5 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Howard
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Pleasantly surprised. The hotel room was clean and spacious.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Angela
"Continental breakfast"
Having my daughter's together and grand baby's is a blessing but can be very pricey, so when you're expecting a continental breakfast at the hotel and they say they never had one, its very disappointing. I know when they first opened they did, it's a money saver when ur traveling. Love this place anyway.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
shelly
"Waterpark trip"
Really enjoyed the set up with the lagoon and the swimming pool and hot tub. AC worked really good. Great access to the freeway. Would stay there again for sure.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice clean room and lovely grounds"
Overall a great experience! Nice to have a green alternative for hotel stays. The grounds are very beautiful and well-planned. The Woodside Grill Restaurant on the property is worth checking out
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you had a great experience. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Unexpected gem!"
I was very pleased with my choice. Will definitely return if I find myself in the Redding area.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Davida
Convenient location and nice facility. We have stayed here several times and have not been disappointed.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel and share your feedback. We are very happy you enjoy your stay when you stay with us. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Going to Lassen? Unsure where to stay on north I-5"
Going to Lassen? Unsure where to stay? This boutique hotel, with full spa, was a completely unexpected find! New, clean, with excellent service and a green building and ethos, trust me, you will never choose another bigger commercial chain along this corridor. This was a very special place, an oasis, with good restaurant on grounds. AND a reasonable price. GREEN. Great for families and weddings also.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Gail
"Great Stay!"
Gaia is one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had; this was my second stay there, and I will be back again. The rooms are comfortable, and the first floor rooms each have a little patio sitting area. Gaia is pet friendly, and my little dogs love it here. Best thing about this hotel is that is extremely environmentally friendly. The pool is saline instead of chlorine, the bathrooms have a built in natural light well, and recycling recepticals are everywhere (including the rooms). The grounds are beautiful, and the location is conveniently located right off of interstate 5.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so happy you and your little dogs enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
2 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
Stayed for one night for a stop on a long road trip. I am a single mom with a child and safety and comfort is very important to me. I was felt very safe and the staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and very comfortable. I will stay here again!
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and felt safe. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Christel
"Good layover on I-5"
Single dad travelling with two kids (9 and 7) from Oregon to Arizona. I stayed here for a night and recommend it as a nice overnight. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the grounds good for kids. The pool is small but nice and easy to get to. There is a fairly reasonably priced restaurant on the grounds.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are so happy you and your kids enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Stephen
Enjoyed the pool,shower,patio and everything was perfect. Hotels.com got me a killer deal!!thankyou
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
jennie
"Clean room and fabulous restaurant!"
The staff are very nice and the hotel room was immaculate. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the restaurant and staff on the property. The menu was fabulous. It was so nice to take a nice little walk to the restaurant and not have to hassle the driving to eat dinner.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed yourself. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Alma
"Pleasant surprise"
I really enjoyed the hotel. Great scenery and service. Very peaceful. We were not planning to stay here we just got lucky. It was one of the cheapest options and the best
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
We are happy that you found us and that you enjoyed your time while you with us.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Jose
"Luxurious stay with an affordable price."
Great hotel! Quiet and very comfortable bed, air condition superb, service by every staff excellent especially housekeeping.Great price for the comfort and amenities available.refrigerator and microwave a plus.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Very Good nice
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Great value for the money."
Very peaceful atmosphere. Restaurant on site. Used as home base to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park about 50 minutes away. Very nice and comfortable rooms.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Nice gem off of I-5"
We chose the Gaia Hotel due to its proximity and availability to Lassen Volcanic National Park along with Expedia ratings. We were not disappointed. Although the room building we were in looked like it was older it has been redone and very clean. The amenities were quality. The soap dispensers are in the shower but this is very similar to European style hotels and did not bother us at all. I am a very light sleeper due to noise and light and I was able to successfully block out both and had a great nights' sleep, even though our room's window faced I-5. Dark window covers and smaller concentrated rooms made this very nice. Although we wanted to find somewhere else in the area to eat we decided to eat at the attached Woodside Grill. Though the Woodside Grill felt a little more like a convention center room than a restaurant, the food, bar, and staff didn't disappoint. They have some local craft brews available on draught. The food was great (we had dinner and breakfast the next morning) and the staff are very friendly. One of the wait staff who wasn't our server assisted us since our server was very busy and we were very grateful for that. Overall a very pleasant experience and highly recommended.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Rob
"Staff"
Staff was super friendly. The room was a bit out dated but clean.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
lisa
"Nice place."
Just one night for work. Restaurant was delicious but pricy. I will be back I hope for fun.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank+you+for+taking+the+time+to+share+your+feedback+regarding+your+stay+at+our+property.+We+are+happy+to+hear+you+enjoyed+your+stay.+Thank+you+so+much+for+your+business+and+we+look+forward+to+seeing+you+in+the+future.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"Quaint and clean with nice staff"
Love the landscaping and earth-friendly designs. The only complain we have is the bad cable service on the small TV. But would definitely stay there again!
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Place"
Excellent value. Great staff and the rooms are the cleanest. Better than anything in Redding
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Enjoyed the Gaia"
The Gaia has rooms with plenty of space the nature surrounding the hotel is great. The hotel restaurant is terrible - we have stayed here twice & at least for us the restaurant has not gotten better.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments on to my Chef about the restaurant so we can make improvements. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
6 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Green Property, Comfy Beds"
I love, love, love this property. It is a green hotel so the hand soap is in a pump bottle and the shower supplies are in one of those little things on the wall. The bed is the best hotel bed I've slept in. The buildings are a wonderful, relaxing shade of green. The rooms are large, due to the kiva shape of the building. Negative...due to the green nature of the property there are a lot of bugs. A dead snail in the bathroom, something I couldn't identify in the room and flys in the restaurant. With that said, I'm sure I'll stay here the next time I'm in the Redding area.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Sara
Quiet, delightful, can't wait to stay again!!
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"A Welcoming Place"
We liked our stay at the property when we travel through in March. It was a little more expensive than the usual place we stay at when passing through. The amenities were good and the property quiet for sleeping. The only negative was that there was no complimentary breakfast that has been common in many properties.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Pleasant surprise"
Nice change for staying in the Redding area, clean, nice grounds, good food and atmosphere. Will stay again.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"A good nights sleep"
Clean rooms. Was nice place to stop and get some rest. Nothing special.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the to share your feedback. We are glad you got a good nights sleep. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"forget this hotel"
Gross! Old sheets with stains, Smelly room, the lagoon was a joke, it was green and looked like swamp water. This place was in the middle of nowhere and not a restaurant or any conveniences in sight. There was a restaurant on the premises but I was afraid to eat there since the rest of the establishment was so aweful. I had to drive 15 minutes back to Redding in the morning to get coffee! Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
brenda lee
"Great room and rate"
Just a quick stop over coming from Seattle to San Francisco. Needed a place to stay and there were more stars than other hotels in the area. After spending $150.00 the night before in Oregon this place at $120.00 was a great deal. It was extremely clean with good air quality. The Hotel staff was very accommodating, and the room very spacious with a patio. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is stopping by or staying awhile.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"Worth the stop!"
What a pleasant surprise. We were traveling and looking for a hotel in the Redding area and after reading the reviews of other area hotels, decided to try this one. Excellent choice. Staff was friendly and helpful both at night and in the morning. Rooms was nicely decorated and spacious. Bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Only thing, make sure you have somethings to drink or eat with you if you check in late. Hotel food closed at 9:00 and there are no closely places to get something quick. Fridge in the room as well as coffee maker. It appears to be a very nice hotel and the grounds were well maintained. Would stay there again!
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Daryl
"Nice for the price!"
We just needed a quick stopover on our trip and this well exceeded our expectations. Clean and the staff was friendly. Would stay again.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
tj
"Return from SF Trip"
Our family enjoyed the stay, time to swim, exercise and relax. Even if it was only a 24 hr stay.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
"The Gem of Andersen"
Stayed for a wedding that was held on site. Wonderful accommodations, super comfortable bed, great wedding venue, and the restaurant/bar on site had unique menu that was delicious.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in everything we do from our hotel, wedding garden, to our restaurant.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"NICE COMFORTABLE"
WE WERE IN TOWN ON BUSINESS. HAD A RESTFUL STAY. WE WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN AND TAKE ADVANAGE OF THE SPA.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
peggy
"Would stay again"
Nice rooms, good price, good location, but the pool was a little green. We were driving through and needed a place to stay. We would stay again!
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Loved It!"
The room, bedding & mattress were so comfortable we stayed an extra night!
Other trip May 31, 2015
Well rested!
"Nice amenities and lovely room. We will use again"
Friendly staff and beautiful layout of facilities
Other trip May 28, 2015
patti
"Charming motel close to best north cal attractions"
We stayed 5 families together and we all thought it was a wonderful stay! the rooms are comfortable, specious, well maintained and very clean, the charming design of the hotel (which is so different from most motels)with the pond and round open halls, the river location and the proximity to I-5 and great attractions like Lassen volcanic national park and Whiskey lake. Also the restaurant was surprisingly good and the pool and Jacuzzi are fun. I would recommend staying on the ground level rooms that have a little porch with two outdoor chairs to relax outside!
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you and the families you stayed with all enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Dana
"so relaxing. .."
Very clean, quiet and much better than anything else in the area.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and share your feedback regarding our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"New and still working out the kinks?"
Gaia offers a thoroughly environmentally-friendly, mid-sized hotel & spa experience in a part of California not usually associated with earth-minded consumption. For that, I would recommend the hotel. That said, these observations: - four years into a drought, I commend Gaia for its drought-resistant, minimalist, but attractive landscaping and water feature. - was my room the only one without a shower? There was a showerhead, but there was no lever by which to redirect the water from the tub's spout to the showerhead. Is this is a water-saving measure? - color palette is earth tones: rust, sage-green, etc. Bathroom, however, feels institutional (think old college dorm) with its grayish sage-green paint and blue-ish compact fluorescent lights. I know Anderson is a warm place, and maybe I'm picky, but a hotel with spa theme should offer warmer-colored spaces. Big bathroom, but it didn't feel luxurious. - tons of hand towels provided, but one bath towel. Discovered it too late to call for another from the front desk. My bad? I should check these things upon check in? Idk. - thin walls and warm weather mean people are up late socializing. Maybe Gaia has a "curfew" or "quiet hours", and maybe the front desk clerks forgot to mention it. - restaurant is overpriced for what they offer. If prices reflect sustainably farmed/ranched foods, I would've appreciated hearing it. Otherwise, offerings are uninspired and overcooked.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. I have passed your comments on to my management team so we can make improvements. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"best in Anderson"
Very clean and nice
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Awesome staff!"
Another great visit with our Gaia family. That is truly what it feels like.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy we can make you feel like family and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Happy N Comfy stay"
Except the restaurant's under staffed, everything's perfect! nice environment,park nearby, comfy n clean bed. quite.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments on to my restaurant manager so we can prevent the restaurant from being under staffed in the future. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Chanchan
"I am doing it again!"
Very Pleasant to arrive at such a nice small resort like place. Quiet, clean and staff friendly.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are happy your enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2015
Kathe
"Enjoy"
Whole experience was a treat. Great people and room. Would have liked to stay longer.
Response by Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Thank you for taking the time to rate and share your feedback regarding our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015