All hotels in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
15 Edinburgh Avenue, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

"All right, but not perfect."
Pool is fine, but small. Sauna is essentially broken; door can not be properly closed, and bottom has large cracks, leaking the hot air. There is a tiny gym.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, but I think this has not been written for us, as we do not have a pool or sauna facility. We do have a gym, with up to date equipment in full working order and is accessible from 6am til 10pm. We hope you stay with us in the near future when you are next in Canberra.
2 night business trip May 21, 2015
"I'll stay here again!"
The hotel was very convenient for me and the staff was very helpful. My luggage had been misplaced by the airline and they waived the charges for my calling the airline for updates on my belongings. They have a great cucumber water in the lobby and apples and are very near some great food.
2 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2015
"Older style accommodation with charming service"
I was only staying 1 night and did not get a chance to use the restaurant and bar which looked fantastic. I stayed in a deluxe room with a bath #205 and the room was smaller than expected yet met my every need and was very comfortable. The bathroom was probably the same size as the room and very relaxing. I used the car park located in the adjacent building and there were no problems with the parking (booked in advance). The staff were very friendly and accommodating, there was only one person on reception. The hotel is not particularly large allowing for a more personal experience. The location is great, close to the center of town, only recently has this become somewhere to spend an evening with many new bars and restaurants popping up. If you are looking for reasonable quality with a quiet and personal touch in the CBD then I would recommend this hotel for you.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Well situated to the CBD. Priced well. Comfortable nights stay.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Good hotel, but tiny room"
The hotel was excellent, good facilities and friendly staff. The only problem is that the rooms are quite small.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel caters to many different travelers. Our smaller rooms are much more cozy and cater to our corporate guests, I would recommend that for future stay you talk to our staff to help book a room that caters your needs.
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Clinical feel, more corporate than welcoming."
The hotel staff are friendly and willing to help. The room choices are limited and unfortunately ours overlooked a small unkept courtyard. The continental breakfast was poor as well. All the pastries were stale and the breakfast room is not set up well. Serve yourself to tea and coffee and manuevre your way around other guests to get to the breakfast bar. Its a very cumbersome room. This is a business/corporate hotel, definitely not for couples or a family.
1 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Justin

"Highly recommended"
What a fabulous hotel, small rooms but very clean and quiet. Close to fantastic restaurants (especially Mocan and Green Grout), lovely staff, can't praise it enough.
5 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Megan
"Cosy, but comfortable."
The room was smaller than expected but was still comfortable. It would not have been great for two people though as there was only about half a metre on each side of the bed. The TV was very old fashioned and only got about 4 channels, fine as I wasn't there to watch TV. The bathroom was functional although I felt the grout could have been cleaner. I would have loved a bath. There is not much in the area if you just want to pick up a light meal, there are only cafes, not anything quick and easy and the closest convenience store is super expensive. I recommend the movie theatre for quick convenient eats.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2015
"Holiday in own city!"
Lovely overnight stay in great area for restaurants. Room comfortable and warm on a chilly Canberra day with -6 next morning. BUT the bathroom was freezing. Would be a good idea to have a heater in the bathroom and a shame the floor was not heated in the rebuilding of the hotel. We could have opened the bathroom door to let the heat from the room in but it was such a cold day it would have proved pointless. Maybe we missed something and did not find the right switch to turn on the heating?? Overall a lovely hotel with many extras around for a pleasant stay.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, Stay-cations are always a great idea, not to far to travel to get home. The heating switch is just as you walk into the room, very sorry about your bathroom being cold. See you next time!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Annette
"Good spot in Canberra"
Good room and excellent dining facilities attached to the hotel
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thanks for taking the time to review. The Italian restaurant caters to everyone, plus you don't have to leave the hotel for a brilliant meal which makes it even more convenient.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Stephen
"Reception ! Take a bow!"
The receptionists were the most pleasant, most efficient team I have encountered. Nothing was too much trouble. Most refreshing. The associated restaurant was also very good and the breakfasts were delightful. My only nitpicking observations were to do with the corridors, the black carpet obviously makes it impossible for them to look spruce all the time. Pity.The doors to the ensuite were another designer malfunction.Staff the best asset!
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Hi, and Thanks for the review. Always lovely to hear when someone has an excellent stay with us. I'm glad our team provided top quality service. We appriciate feedback about our property and I'm please to say we are having our hallways updated as well as our carpet freshened up. I hope you will stay with us next time you travel to Canberra
4 night business trip May 22, 2015
Velma
"Wonderful place to stay"
Fantastic place to stay. Right up there with comfort, condition and staff assistance. No problem with parking at all if you ring the hotel once you have booked and book the security parking - as long as you don't mind paying for parking.Very peaceful and quiet location.The restaurant was top - also A Baker at the rear.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Sharyn
"Pepper-ed with reasons not to stay again"
This is a reasonable hotel but not reasonably priced for what it is. I get that it's Canberra and that they mostly expect a moneyed business crowd coming through but I doubt much I'd stay again when there is a lot more to choose from. Light and power fittings were a bit dodgy, the towel hook in the room was broken, water pools in the shower and stays there when you're done. There was a really weird draft in my room too (132) so avoid it if you can. The staff were really friendly and courteous though.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"One Night Stay"
Very pleased with the stay, great location to city centre and theatre.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, Being in the heart of Canberra there are many activities to do during your holidays, Hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
"Good hotel depending on what you are after."
The hotel is good, nice fittings, comfortable rooms, but I had to park a few streets away as their parking was full. Also, I pre-paid $30 online to have breakfast included and then was told at the restaurant that breakfast was only $22.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"A satisfying stay"
My wife and I had a very satisfying stay at Peppers Gallery recently. The Hotel is close to cafes and restaurants as it is part of the "New Acton" development. A.Baker - a high quality bakery - is within the Hotel complex. A short walk takes you to Monster Restaurant - a very good restaurant where we dined twice. The Hotel room is stylishly decorated, provides a very comfortable bed, a Nespresso machine and the toiletries are of good quality. One gets the idea the Hotel takes customers comfort seriously. The only downside is lack of nearby public transport to take us to Canberra sights; but that's because it is Canberra, a city with a low walkability score. Otherwise the friendly staff were very helpful and accommodating in arranging taxis whenever we needed one. We would certainly stay here again next time we visit Canberra.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Patrick
"Pleasant staycation"
Enjoyed the room, the friendly staff and the restaurant was excellent.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Nice Hotel, but could do with some fine tuning..."
Nice hotel. Outside and reception is great, but the corridors could do with some work. There was very minimal internet connection in the room that I was I as well. Hopefully the hotel can address that too. On a side note, it would be amazing if the hotel could strike some sort of deal with Max Brenner (there's a franchise across the hotel)... That would be a big plus point...well, to me at least :)
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Close to work"
Overall good, quiet, comfortable, however I would suggest painting the rooms and corridors as they are currently chocolate brown which makes everything very dark
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Renate
"Peppers."
4 night stay, room somewhat on the small size but comfortable. Servicing of the room left a little to be desired - the person doing it did not wash the coffee cups, replenish the tea bags or wash the water glasses. However, when reception was contacted the error was immediately sorted out. Restaurant was fine but but very noisy, food good, as was the service.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Gordon
"Nice hotel close to our destination"
Hotel was well appointed but TV could only be turned off from the power point. Not a fan of the pressure sensitive fridge that allows no room for your own refridgerated items
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. The tv remotes are now being updated to be a universal remote to use in conjunction with the DVD player, with more clearly marked On/Off buttons. The staff are happy to assist with the minibar removal/adjustment so as guests can move about items without charges being applied.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
paul
Comfortable room but no parking provided with room, you need to park on the street or put your name on a list to get a parking space!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
kylie
"Great position near good restaurants"
Easy access to pleasant walk around the lake. Good parking. Great atmosphere with Fire burning.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
family + baby
"Fantastic hotel!"
Staff were wonderful, so friendly and helpful. The room was beautifully appointed & the bathroom was stunning! Would stay there again without hesitation. Fantastic coffee shop behind the hotel (Mocan Green Grout); the best breakfast you'll find in Canberra.
Lucy
"Nice hotel, nice location"
My stay here was for 3 nights in a deluxe room (king with decent sized room). Room was clean, comfortable and modern. My only minor issue was with the hot water within the shower, which was not hot enough for my liking. Overall i would re-stay here.
Mal
"Lovely staff in comfortable (slightly older) hotel"
My partner and I stayed here over a weekend. It was nice for what we needed - really quiet and close to the city. The staff were the loveliest I've encountered - very positive and helpful. The decor was fairly dated but the room was moderately clean and spacious. I think it was very reasonable for the price.
Gaby
"Disappointing"
On arrival I asked about parking and was informed they only had 15 parking spaces and they were all taken therefore I would have to park on the street. I wasn't informed that you had to book your car space. Upon returning to the room at 6pm the room hadn't been serviced. I went to reception and said we had no milk and could they top up the tea and coffee. Plus the room hadn't been made up. When we returned at 10.00 the room had been made up but there was still no milk.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Janelle
"A quiet oasis"
Peppers Gallery Hotel is only two storeys high, set amongst very tall buildings. As a result, it is a very quiet and convenient location. The rooms are very quiet and the restaurants and bars are well placed in the centre, spilling out into a courtyard with big old trees. Underground parking provided is recommended. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Gorgeous, arty hotel in a lovely precinct."
Great room, great art, lovely location, beautiful experience!!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
sharyn brown
"Friendly, great atmosphere, delicious food"
rooms are compact, food is terrific, the art much appreciated
3 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Kerryn
"very 'meh'"
We got a great deal on this place... But it was a rough start when they put us in a lower room looking onto a street. They wouldn't move us or give us two beds until I paid for an upgrade. It was OK after that, but probably would try others next time.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Pleasing experience"
It was a pleasant stay, close to town. The room was pleasant but a bit on the small size.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Wanda
"Happy Stay"
Everything is good here except my room is a bit small. Coffee machine in the room is a bonus. Honestly, Canberra is not a gd place for tourists but this hotel gave me surprise
2 night trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nostalgic visit"
Started with a very courteous and helpful front desk man.Delighted with our 3 night stay and will come again. Very nostalgic for me as I arrived in Canberra in 1960 to take up an announcing position at 2CA - my Dad was with me to ensure I secured good accommodation and on the first night he stayed at the then Acton Guest House which is now the glamorised Peppers Gallery Hotel.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Hi John, Thank you for your review. Its always lovely to hear story about the property from its yesteryear. It's also great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Peppers Gallery Hotel, please visit us again next time you travel to Canberra.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Nice renovated older building."
Some of the room design features were wasteful of space cf space behind bed head, chair that is too high to slide under desk. Excellent bathroom. Hotel space was attractive as were outside dining areas. Parking was in an adjacent building which needed a map to reach!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Close to Everything"
An excellent location within walking distance to the central business district and the lakeside park. Bus loop is nearby. Modern rooms in a heritage building.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please visit us again next time you travel to Canberra.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
"Slow water flow in shower"
Shower stand's water outlet seems really slow.. the water pipe seems stuck and not flowing smoothly
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. We will have a our maintenance team have a look into the water supply issue. I hope you had an enjoyable stay with us despite this issue.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Dated"
The room was small. Limited plug points on the desk and I had to disconnect the fridge to use a power point. The silicon lining on the sink was coming away. The black silicon lining on the shower floor is coming away from the side. It is clear that there used to be a door on the shower. This has been removed and now the glass has two cut away segments that make the shower look not finished. The room backed onto an open-air movie screening that was loud enough to disturb my sleep. I received a wake up call on the hotel room which I had not booked. The halls looked dated and paint looks untidy.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. Its always important to us to hear the good and the bad, as we take all reviews seriously. We will look into these many problems in the bathroom that you experienced and have them repaired. As for the open air cinema, this only runs during the warmer months on a tues evening, but we are always happy to allocate quieter parts of the hotel to guest who are lighter sleepers. For the room size, for a larger room I would suggest the Premier room, it is a superior room in size and also has a King sized bed. I do apologise for the wake up call issue you also experienced, this is being investigated as to why your room had this service applied to it.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Peppers gallery. Canberra"
Had tickets to see a show. Hotel location was great (walking distance to theatre) staff were great & very accommodating. Was able to have our room available earlier due to the time of show (matinee) & the distance we had travelled from, so was able to freshen up & get ready for the show. Loved the hotel & would definitely recommend it.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
COLIN
"A wonderful,weekend"
Stayed over night for my wives birthday,had dinner at the hotel,the food was absolutely first class our waiter Sam was excellent as was all staff ,our breakfast was as good as any we had in Britain or Europe . Our room was compact, never the less modern ,neat and well equipped , Well done to all involved one downer was the limited car parking available
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Raymond
"Goodtimes"
Balcony dirty and cobwebs need attention... Otherwise, no complaints. Would definitely stay again
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Valentines Day 2015"
Great Night, Great Room. Only thing was the Bathroom was a bit Dark, could of had a light on the mirror
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Glad you had an enjoyable stay with us at Peppers Gallery Hotel. We will investigate options to maximize lighting within our bathrooms, thank you for you feed back, and hope you stay again with us in the near future.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Alex
"Great location, quiet and roomy"
Great location and super quiet with a great room, bed and giant bathroom. Excellent for the price
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and enjoyed our facilities! Hope you stay with us again next time you visit Canberra.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Staying at this hotel was an enjoyable experience.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your 5 star review. Glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope you have a return visit in the near future.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Annemarie
"More than what we were expecting"
Stayed in a suite with a bath tub. Bath and shower ensuite were great, room was great, air conditioning/heating control. Movies available at the front desk. only down side was lack of bubbles for the bath, but they had bath salts.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your 5 star review. Our suite is a beautiful room, and very luxurious! And having a bath is such an added bonus for a long soak after a big day of travel or sight seeing. Our DVD's are free to hire, and will be updated with more current titles in the near future as well.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
angel59600
"wonderful central location"
The central location gives easy access to the city centre. Street parking is a hassle, but can be managed. Staff attention excellent; room not spacious but adequate; bathroom facilities modern but quirky handbasin a negative. Dinner in the adjacent restaurant very good with prompt and very helpful service.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Ross
"Convenient for visits to museums etc."
The reception was welcoming and helpful. We were upgraded to a superior room but thought the bathroom could have been cleaner. We were disturbed by noise from outside the hotel. The general decor needed updating particularly in the corridors which were dark and gloomy.. The breakfast was ok but no more than that. We would have reservations recommending the hotel for more than an overnight stay.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Expectations fullfilled"
For the short 4 days stay for an annual martial art event called Iaido and Jodo Nationals under the auspices of Australian Kendo Renmei (AKR) it was really excellent as we needed a good accommodation to relax after training all day and everyday.
4 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
Ahloi
"Comfortable hotel in good location"
The bed was good but too soft. We like a harder mattress.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Easy, modern."
Nice arty hotel 10 minute walk from main bus interchange. comfy bed, stylish amenities.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015