All hotels in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
15 Edinburgh Avenue, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

"All right, but not perfect."
Pool is fine, but small. Sauna is essentially broken; door can not be properly closed, and bottom has large cracks, leaking the hot air. There is a tiny gym.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, but I think this has not been written for us, as we do not have a pool or sauna facility. We do have a gym, with up to date equipment in full working order and is accessible from 6am til 10pm. We hope you stay with us in the near future when you are next in Canberra.
2 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Modern inside historic"
Using a historic building, the Peppers hotel has made a very modern feel amongst a range of restaurants and bars. Luxurious rooms and only a short walk to city or lake.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at Peppers Gallery Hotel, and found our location handy for your stay. I hope you stay with us again next time you visit Canberra.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Tayls
"I'll stay here again!"
The hotel was very convenient for me and the staff was very helpful. My luggage had been misplaced by the airline and they waived the charges for my calling the airline for updates on my belongings. They have a great cucumber water in the lobby and apples and are very near some great food.
2 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2015
"Older style accommodation with charming service"
I was only staying 1 night and did not get a chance to use the restaurant and bar which looked fantastic. I stayed in a deluxe room with a bath #205 and the room was smaller than expected yet met my every need and was very comfortable. The bathroom was probably the same size as the room and very relaxing. I used the car park located in the adjacent building and there were no problems with the parking (booked in advance). The staff were very friendly and accommodating, there was only one person on reception. The hotel is not particularly large allowing for a more personal experience. The location is great, close to the center of town, only recently has this become somewhere to spend an evening with many new bars and restaurants popping up. If you are looking for reasonable quality with a quiet and personal touch in the CBD then I would recommend this hotel for you.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Well situated to the CBD. Priced well. Comfortable nights stay.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Good hotel, but tiny room"
The hotel was excellent, good facilities and friendly staff. The only problem is that the rooms are quite small.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel caters to many different travelers. Our smaller rooms are much more cozy and cater to our corporate guests, I would recommend that for future stay you talk to our staff to help book a room that caters your needs.
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Clinical feel, more corporate than welcoming."
The hotel staff are friendly and willing to help. The room choices are limited and unfortunately ours overlooked a small unkept courtyard. The continental breakfast was poor as well. All the pastries were stale and the breakfast room is not set up well. Serve yourself to tea and coffee and manuevre your way around other guests to get to the breakfast bar. Its a very cumbersome room. This is a business/corporate hotel, definitely not for couples or a family.
1 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Justin

"Good value, updated hotel"
Nice updated hotel, plenty of restaurants onsite and in the surrounding area. Free wifi and central location in Canberra.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
"Fine hotel - great food."
I enjoyed my stay, the hotel looks modern and the restaurant serves good food. The location is also fine. However, a couple of things are not working. Maintenance was behind, lamp bulbs were out of order, some accessories in the bathroom were broken. Most problematic was the free wifi - it just did not work reliably. And if it worked, the connection was slow. If you look for a place to stay and for good food please visit this hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
NZ
"Can be improved"
Pleasant but had some smell was alittle noisy
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Tooma
"Only if looking for an overprice bed to crash"
Dark, old down down like in the dungeon tiny room , absolutely over priced, poor customer service and I did not get the room I booked and upfront paid for. The absence of a Car park or valet was such an inconvenience . I will never recommend it , unless you are looking for an overprice simply a bed to crash the night.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Ivonne
"Small but all we needed."
Room small but with all the necessary facilities and very comfy bed. Old hotel renovated well. Car park access meant a walk outside which would be a little uncomfortable in bad weather. Friendly and helpful staff. Conveniently located to CBD.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
"Highly recommended"
What a fabulous hotel, small rooms but very clean and quiet. Close to fantastic restaurants (especially Mocan and Green Grout), lovely staff, can't praise it enough.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, Just a heads up for next time if you would like a bigger room we can definitely cater to your request, just give the reception a call and they can make sure you get a lovely big room such as a Premier room which has a King size bed and a space in the room.
5 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Megan
"Cosy, but comfortable."
The room was smaller than expected but was still comfortable. It would not have been great for two people though as there was only about half a metre on each side of the bed. The TV was very old fashioned and only got about 4 channels, fine as I wasn't there to watch TV. The bathroom was functional although I felt the grout could have been cleaner. I would have loved a bath. There is not much in the area if you just want to pick up a light meal, there are only cafes, not anything quick and easy and the closest convenience store is super expensive. I recommend the movie theatre for quick convenient eats.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2015
"Holiday in own city!"
Lovely overnight stay in great area for restaurants. Room comfortable and warm on a chilly Canberra day with -6 next morning. BUT the bathroom was freezing. Would be a good idea to have a heater in the bathroom and a shame the floor was not heated in the rebuilding of the hotel. We could have opened the bathroom door to let the heat from the room in but it was such a cold day it would have proved pointless. Maybe we missed something and did not find the right switch to turn on the heating?? Overall a lovely hotel with many extras around for a pleasant stay.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, Stay-cations are always a great idea, not to far to travel to get home. The heating switch is just as you walk into the room, very sorry about your bathroom being cold. See you next time!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Annette
"Good spot in Canberra"
Good room and excellent dining facilities attached to the hotel
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thanks for taking the time to review. The Italian restaurant caters to everyone, plus you don't have to leave the hotel for a brilliant meal which makes it even more convenient.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Stephen
"Reception ! Take a bow!"
The receptionists were the most pleasant, most efficient team I have encountered. Nothing was too much trouble. Most refreshing. The associated restaurant was also very good and the breakfasts were delightful. My only nitpicking observations were to do with the corridors, the black carpet obviously makes it impossible for them to look spruce all the time. Pity.The doors to the ensuite were another designer malfunction.Staff the best asset!
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Hi, and Thanks for the review. Always lovely to hear when someone has an excellent stay with us. I'm glad our team provided top quality service. We appriciate feedback about our property and I'm please to say we are having our hallways updated as well as our carpet freshened up. I hope you will stay with us next time you travel to Canberra
4 night business trip May 22, 2015
Velma
"Beautiful old hotel"
I really like this hotel and would happily stay again. Such a good location, it has a boutique feel, and has a lovely Italian restaurant downstairs. Only small downside I noticed was the bathroom door (which had a magnet closing mechanism) was a bit noisy if you went in the middle of the night and were with a light sleeper. But I loved the hotel and would stay again.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Tessa
"Beautiful hotel, lovely staff, best location."
I love this hotel for its location, cleanliness and classiness. I highly recommend trying Parlour Wine Bar and Biciletta Italian restaurant which are on site. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Peaches
"Poor staff and not clean"
I was sorry to interrupt the staff who seemed very put out that they had to look up from their screens. Black carpet needs vacuuming once in a while, I could see the dust and also the General muckiness.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Lucy
"OK Hotel, but better out there for the money"
As the title says it's an ok hotel relatively close to the city. But a little tired and only reasonable price for what you get.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Oakers
"good hotel in the centre of the new Acton complex"
good hotel in a very good location. staff great and comfy rooms.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Simon
"Quick stay in Canberra"
Just an overnight stay and it was a reasonable experience - saved by the very pleasant staff and a great bed
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay"
Fantastic place to stay. Right up there with comfort, condition and staff assistance. No problem with parking at all if you ring the hotel once you have booked and book the security parking - as long as you don't mind paying for parking.Very peaceful and quiet location.The restaurant was top - also A Baker at the rear.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Sharyn
Convenient, friendly place to stay. Handy bar and good room within heritage building.
CEN
"Touch of Old Canberra"
Peppers Gallery is an elegant, stylish hotel and very, very comfortable. The rooms are generous in size and well appointed. The common areas are quiet and provide a space to relax alone or meet with others. The hotel has its own restaurant, which is convenient, but the food was just adequate.
Maree
Disappointing - too expensive for what is offered - and no car parking.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Pepper-ed with reasons not to stay again"
This is a reasonable hotel but not reasonably priced for what it is. I get that it's Canberra and that they mostly expect a moneyed business crowd coming through but I doubt much I'd stay again when there is a lot more to choose from. Light and power fittings were a bit dodgy, the towel hook in the room was broken, water pools in the shower and stays there when you're done. There was a really weird draft in my room too (132) so avoid it if you can. The staff were really friendly and courteous though.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
Gym is nowhere near the hotel, cold and wet to get there. Rooms was also small and cold. Facade looks great, but actual facilities disappointing.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"lights"
the room was nice. pillows were hard. but the light that leaked around the door, it was like sleeping with the lights on. the shower took 10 mins for the COLD water to come through. but the room was very clean.
Other trip May 11, 2015
kathy
"Reasonable considering reduced price."
Poor sound proofing in the rooms. Hallways are a bit scummy as they need better lighting and new carpets. The 'trendy' fluoro tubes mounted at angles on the walls missed the mark. The darkness made it look like a creepy alleyway you'd avoid for fear of stabbing. The breakfast food at the restaurant was quite good, although the staff there appeared a little detached. Maybe I just caught them on a bad couple of days but the attitude certainly wasn't friendly or motivated, although I wouldn't say they were unfriendly either. Just neutral or disinterested. The room size is decent as is the bathroom size. Don't touch the minibar items as they have sensors. You will get billed for picking something up even if you put it back. Small TV does not have USB input for hard drive. Major bummer if that's how you cart your movies around.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Ben
"Location"
A pleasant experience. This hotel suited our needs. we were only in Canberra for a short time. Parking is hard to come by and it costs extra and not undercover. Very trendy restaurants in the immediate surrounds. Room lean and it was quiet. Reception staff very friendly.
Other trip May 9, 2015
shelley
"One Night Stay"
Very pleased with the stay, great location to city centre and theatre.
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review, Being in the heart of Canberra there are many activities to do during your holidays, Hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
"Good hotel depending on what you are after."
The hotel is good, nice fittings, comfortable rooms, but I had to park a few streets away as their parking was full. Also, I pre-paid $30 online to have breakfast included and then was told at the restaurant that breakfast was only $22.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"A satisfying stay"
My wife and I had a very satisfying stay at Peppers Gallery recently. The Hotel is close to cafes and restaurants as it is part of the "New Acton" development. A.Baker - a high quality bakery - is within the Hotel complex. A short walk takes you to Monster Restaurant - a very good restaurant where we dined twice. The Hotel room is stylishly decorated, provides a very comfortable bed, a Nespresso machine and the toiletries are of good quality. One gets the idea the Hotel takes customers comfort seriously. The only downside is lack of nearby public transport to take us to Canberra sights; but that's because it is Canberra, a city with a low walkability score. Otherwise the friendly staff were very helpful and accommodating in arranging taxis whenever we needed one. We would certainly stay here again next time we visit Canberra.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Patrick
"Fantastic place to stay. Breakfasts were excellent"
Great stay. Friendly accommodating staff, wonderful breakfasts.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Pleasant staycation"
Enjoyed the room, the friendly staff and the restaurant was excellent.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great location , room was very clean and cvery com"
Enjoyable stay , great location , very comfortable and clean. Restaurant was first class.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
macca
"Centrally located for our needs."
Only there for a couple of days so it suited our needs. Happy with the parking arrangements.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Tricia
"Nice Hotel, but could do with some fine tuning..."
Nice hotel. Outside and reception is great, but the corridors could do with some work. There was very minimal internet connection in the room that I was I as well. Hopefully the hotel can address that too. On a side note, it would be amazing if the hotel could strike some sort of deal with Max Brenner (there's a franchise across the hotel)... That would be a big plus point...well, to me at least :)
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Close to work"
Overall good, quiet, comfortable, however I would suggest painting the rooms and corridors as they are currently chocolate brown which makes everything very dark
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Renate
"Peppers."
4 night stay, room somewhat on the small size but comfortable. Servicing of the room left a little to be desired - the person doing it did not wash the coffee cups, replenish the tea bags or wash the water glasses. However, when reception was contacted the error was immediately sorted out. Restaurant was fine but but very noisy, food good, as was the service.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Gordon
"Nice hotel close to our destination"
Hotel was well appointed but TV could only be turned off from the power point. Not a fan of the pressure sensitive fridge that allows no room for your own refridgerated items
Response by Peppers Gallery Hotel
Thank you for your review. The tv remotes are now being updated to be a universal remote to use in conjunction with the DVD player, with more clearly marked On/Off buttons. The staff are happy to assist with the minibar removal/adjustment so as guests can move about items without charges being applied.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
paul
Comfortable room but no parking provided with room, you need to park on the street or put your name on a list to get a parking space!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
kylie
"Great position near good restaurants"
Easy access to pleasant walk around the lake. Good parking. Great atmosphere with Fire burning.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
family + baby
"Fantastic hotel!"
Staff were wonderful, so friendly and helpful. The room was beautifully appointed & the bathroom was stunning! Would stay there again without hesitation. Fantastic coffee shop behind the hotel (Mocan Green Grout); the best breakfast you'll find in Canberra.
Lucy
"Nice hotel, nice location"
My stay here was for 3 nights in a deluxe room (king with decent sized room). Room was clean, comfortable and modern. My only minor issue was with the hot water within the shower, which was not hot enough for my liking. Overall i would re-stay here.
Mal
"Lovely staff in comfortable (slightly older) hotel"
My partner and I stayed here over a weekend. It was nice for what we needed - really quiet and close to the city. The staff were the loveliest I've encountered - very positive and helpful. The decor was fairly dated but the room was moderately clean and spacious. I think it was very reasonable for the price.
Gaby
"Disappointing"
On arrival I asked about parking and was informed they only had 15 parking spaces and they were all taken therefore I would have to park on the street. I wasn't informed that you had to book your car space. Upon returning to the room at 6pm the room hadn't been serviced. I went to reception and said we had no milk and could they top up the tea and coffee. Plus the room hadn't been made up. When we returned at 10.00 the room had been made up but there was still no milk.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Janelle
"A quiet oasis"
Peppers Gallery Hotel is only two storeys high, set amongst very tall buildings. As a result, it is a very quiet and convenient location. The rooms are very quiet and the restaurants and bars are well placed in the centre, spilling out into a courtyard with big old trees. Underground parking provided is recommended. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015