All hotels in Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
Av de los Cocoteros - Lote 2, Nuevo Vallarta, NAY, 63732, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

it was amazing vacation,nice people working there.
10 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Antonina
Great place to stay.
6 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Kenneth
"Fantastic all inclusive resort"
Excellent service at all inclusive resort Room and common areas were immaculate. Would recommend this resort to everyone
5 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Joanie
"Staff was great!"
The second we got to the Riu we were greeted with a drink. The alcoholic drinks were fairly weak but it wasn't a big deal because you could just ask for a double or drink more! We were still served as quick and good as when we didnt tip. Tips are were not manditory. Eddy and Mario were by far our favorite employees at the hotel they were so much fun! The rooms were nice and big but the bedding wasn't that comfortable. The pool was amazing. I agree with the other reviews that if you want a good seat you need to be there early. We would get to the pool around 10-11am each day and always could find one but had to look hard. The poolside service was awesome! We wish the pool was open later than 8 but it was nice that there was always a show in the theater. Make sure to check out the Michael Jackson show! It was great! Don't waste your time at one of the specialty restaurants. We went to La Toscana one night and it was not good at all. We went to the buffet right after. If you walk about a mile down the beach to the right there was a small tent with women giving massages. We got two, one hour massages for $40 including a tip! Overall we reccommend this hotel and will definetely be staying here again in the future.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Chelsea
"Excellent hotel! Great pools and beach area. Clean"
The staff was extremely helpful, pleasant, and courteous. Grounds were beautiful! Views were spectacular. Buffets were plentiful, restaurants were ok. We would definitely go back again. Rooms were very clean, staff took care of each request. Very carefree and relaxing vacation!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Phil
The stay was great and the upgrade was great. Better view of the hotel grounds when upgraded. Your staff waiter Carlos was great and lots of fun. Excellent worker!!!
Other trip May 23, 2015
Denise
"Very nice hotel"
The staff is very attentive, great overall experience!
Other trip May 22, 2015
"vacation"
First time at the Riu Palace and we will be back!! Excellent staff and very helpful concier
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Riu down the beach."
Rui Palace is definitely where you go to rest and relax. The beach is clean and the water is warm. The pool is great with its swim up bar. The only down side is if you wish to be close to other properties. This Riu is the last one down the street - not within walking distance to shops. The good news is the cabs are quick and inexpensive. Take your Mexican pecos with you on this trip!
Other trip May 18, 2015
patrice
"6 Days Away"
Great time, great place! The staff was outstanding! Some vanity things with the hotel and grounds could use some updating, but that's nit-picking. Outstanding value overall!!
Other trip May 17, 2015
Dave and Roxy
"Great place for Family!"
We were very happy with the hotel as it had something for everyone, we had singles, married small kids and all were catered for. The shows were great, food great, Staff so so kind and helpful. We will definitely go back to stay longer for next time. Well Done Staff for making us so happy
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
Jossph
"Terrible service, terrible food, nice pool"
Service: Below expectations with waiters and bar tenders only helping you when show dollars before you order. Otherwise they don't even come to you. Food: The worst I have ever had in my travels. Quality of ingredients is very poor. Example: they advertise steak and lobster, but they were VERY crappy steaks, and the lobster risotto is made with shrimps instead of lobster -- they put a piece of lobster on top, which by the way was like rubber. It was a big disappointment for us. Breakfast was the only good thing. Hotel staff: They are either rude, or dismissive, or not trained at all, example: upon check-in, the lady was new and she did not even know where the rooms were located in order to direct us to the correct elevator. Hotel facilities: The pool was very nice, but the pool bar is always crowded and you need patience and lots of dollars to get the bar tender attention on the lower level. We usually leave the pool and go to the bar outside the water to be able to get service, which was pretty good there. They also should have restrooms near the pool, we had to go to the spa to go to the restrooms, not very convenient. Also the restaurants dont have restrooms inside and they direct us back to the lobby. Room comfort: We had a suite, ocean view, high floor. Room was nice and big and the view was awesome, however the bed was extremely uncomfortable, the pillows were hard like a rock, not sure why. The bed linens were rough like sand paper. I would not go back to this hotel.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Great pool atmosphere!!!"
Meet new people at the hotel, enjoy drinks and a great atmosphere. The breakfast is a decent buffet option and the chorizo tacos are yummy. Be sure to checkout the menu options at the pool daily!
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Decent hotel"
This all inclusive was just ok. I travelled with my two small daughters and the activities for kids were limited. Food was average, at best. Beach was very nice, and the pool was as well. Staff was very friendly. Overall I wouldn't come back, but it was decent.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"OK resort, wouldn't come back"
I wish I wasn't restricted to a word count. To be very succinct, this resort was okay. Kind of disappointing actually. I've stayed at a Riu resort before (in Cabo) so I more or less knew what to expect but this one was no bueno. The staff was extremely unfriendly and quite defensive (for example, when I asked the person who checked us in if they received my request at the time of booking that I wanted adjoining rooms. She was quick to say they can't accommodate every request. I get that, but why the attitude?). The rooms were dated (as I expected, given my experience at the other Riu) and the food was mediocre (also as expected). However, the resort facilities, to my surprise, were very limited. I was imagining a much bigger resort with a much larger stretch of private beach but that was not the case. Also, the spa - extremely disappointing. When we tried to book appointments for us 5 girls, we were told they only had 2 masseuses working that day. For an entire resort?! You have 2 masseuses? I would think for a premium resort (as they so market themselves as) that they would offer excellent spa services. When that didn't work out, we tried to use the jacuzzi (but nope, that was booked too. Apparently you need reservations to sit in a hot tub with jets. Okay...) All in all, I wouldn't return. I wouldn't recommend you to book here either. Save your money (for what you think you may be paying a "premium" for) and book elsewhere.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Quiet resort and a nice place to relax."
Overall, we were pleased with our experience; however, with just a few exceptions. There were no clocks in the rooms, no handrails around the pool and most stairwells, and there was only one bathroom to serve the pool area, beach and restaurants. It was a long walk from the beach to the nearest bathroom. Although it was posted that guests were not allowed to save poolside lounge chairs, we found ourselves in direct competition with those guests that didn't comply with this request. Some chairs with towels set on them sat unoccupied from early morning to mid-afternoon. On the positive, this was a beautiful resort, with well-manicured grounds. Staff were very helpful and courteous. Our room was clean and, unlike some reviews we read, our bed was very comfortable. The buffet choices were ample and the quality of the food excellent. We are a retired couple and were pleased to find many other couples our age staying at this resort and very few children. We most note an unpleasant encounter with the bellboy. When we arrived to our room, we were disappointed in it's location. He personally offered to upgrade our room for a fee of $60. We gave him $40. He did come through with his promise, 2 days later, and moved us from the 3rd floor to the 8th, but we were directly above our original location. Although we had a partial ocean view, we also had a view of the other hotel rooftop with the air conditioner units and the noise that went with that. We won't fall for that next time.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Beatrice
"Best Hotel EVER !!!!"
WE LOVE THE RIU PALACE, WOULD GO THERE AGAIN & AGAIN.....
DIANNE
"Nice place to visit!"
Hotel staff: Very nice, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly Room: Clean, housekeeping attentive, turndown service inconsistent but not a big deal, adjoining suites are awesome when traveling with friends/family but you have to ask for them. They were able to move us the second day of our stay when we asked for a better view of the ocean (to see over the palm trees in the middle of the hotel, you need to be on at least the 4th floor) Pool: not an overwhelming smell of chlorine; needs some work but maintenance was working on the pool every night replacing tiles and performing maintenance to keep it operational so can't complain Beach: plenty of beach space with available chairs; too bad you have to pay for an umbrella but it wasn't expensive just a nuisance; beach area clean; peddlers get annoying but that's just Mexico and how they earn their living...'no' works with them Bar service: EXCELLENT. swim-up bartenders are fun and good at what they do. Thanks Maribel, Nelson and Raoul (hint: tip them well at the beginning of the week and they will provide you wonderful drinks and service the remaining stay) Food: buffet needs work...they have lots of choices so you can always find something to eat but nothing really tasty; steakhouse clearly the best but difficult to get reservations; Japanese very tasty Spa: great last minute service for my spouse who was having neck issues the day we left
"Fabulous Hotel"
The Hotel is absolutely fantastic you really have no need to leave. The staff works their butts off for the guest. If there is anything you could possibly want they will help you with it. There are tour company reps at the hotel if you want to take a tour. The spa was fantastic except hot tubs not working properly. The hotel has 4 specialty restaurants that were ok plus a sports bar open 24hrs. That was nice for the very early airport shuttle I could get a cup of coffee at 4 a.m. We rather eat at the larger buffet restaurant there was much more choices. It is just a beautiful and relaxing hotel. Oh one extra nice thing they have a photographer there that will take photos of you that was reasonable plus the photos turned out fantastic.
"100% customer service"
Nice location, nice view, nice people, nice everything !!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Binta
"April 2015"
Overall we had a wonderful time. Wish there were more umbrellas around pool area and more chairs for the beach. Beautiful hotel, very friendly and helpful. Food was good, but expected a little better. There shows for the night were kinda goofy, but overall I would go back. I would of stayed further south for nicer water and beaches.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
chris
"Great overall experience"
The staff is phenomenal. Very attentive and engaging. Randy in the buffet and Nelson at the pool bar are great... made conversation with them on day one, tipped them well early and they treated us like royalty.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Nice hotel with great beach front for relaxation."
This is our second time visiting this hotel however it was our first time bringing a child. The staff, rooms, and food were great however my only complaint would be that the smoking from guests made it very distracting, especially for our child. I recommend having some designated smoking areas to better compliment the family environment.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Leo
"Nice hotel, close to the beach"
Overall the hotel was nice and the beach was beautiful. Huge pool. I will say that with the convenience of the all inclusive experience comes with it sub par food and drinks. The drinks seemed to be watered down and the food was quite unimpressive. As a foodie, the quality of the food of the resort I stay at is quite important and it didn't really do it for me.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
ned
"Outstanding"
Everything was superb however there is one thing we didn't like and it's the "lack of rules enforcement". Children splashing in the infinity pool that should be reserved to adults only. Or the towels used to reserve the chairs at the swimming pool side at 5AM when the rule states that no reservation with towel can be made before 8 AM! Umbrellas in the swimming pool are FREE and on the beach it cost 140 pesos a day (about $10.00) which isn't such a huge amount, however we didn't understand why people who stay on the beach should be charged for that.....
Elena
"Nice, clean, big hotel. Great Staff"
This is our 3rd visit to Riu Palace in 2 years. We like it very much The grand Buffet for Breakfast, lunch, Dinner & (even an after lunch Buffet!) Over the top! There is a 'Sports Bar' that's 24/7 and has snacks and sandwiches all day The other restaurants: Optional dining (à la carte, reservations required in advance): "Krystal" Fusion restaurant "Kyoto" Japanese restaurant "La Toscana" grill and steakhouse "Guacamole" Mexican restaurant (buffet starters) They try hard, but don't really pull off Up-scale ratings. The Bar and Restaurant Staff try everything they can for you. The staff never stops cleaning and the place is alway immaculate. Age group is older than some other nearby all-inclusives. Average ages 30 - 65 Fun Pool games, but not blarring all day long.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"pool and beach was nice. Food was soso"
Checked in on 4-19-15 dropped bags off with the bellboy. Gave him our room number about 30minutes later they show up at our room. one bag isn't ours I take it back to bellboy. THEY say no problem will find it don't worry. Well one hour goes by no bag. Two hours go by no bag. Finally after three and half ours they say our bag is back at the airport and it will cost us $80.00 dollars to get it deliverd to the hotel. After they gave it to the wrong person. They kept saying it was our fault even though we checked in with our bags. They kept saying it was our fault not there problem. It was useless to talk to them even the hotel manager about the issue. I paided the $80.00 finally to get our bag back. Not a great way to start our vacation at this resort. This was our first visit to Mexico and at this resort so basically we wasted a lot of money at this resort. Even when we were checking out they brought up the bag issue again and said it was still our fault my girlfriend and I just ignored them. I have never seen such poor customer relations skills in my life. I'm self employed if I operated my company this way I'd been out of business many years ago. I would never recommend this resort to any one. My daughter and son in law have been to this resort four times in the past few years they could not believe what happened to us. They will never go back to this resort.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Great location! Great Hotel"
The hotel is very clean and the staff are attentive and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and big. We had a partial ocean view room, the bed was comfortable and it had a sitting area outside. The pool was large enough that sitting was never a problem to find lounge chairs. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Tara
"Amazing staff made for an overall amazing stay!"
The staff were always catering to our needs. Great drinks were served for an all inclusive, especially when properly tipping the staff for the outstanding service they provide. The food at the buffet was very good, but can become a bit repetitive after 5 days. Rooms were very nice as well. Only things I could see for improvement was diversifying the buffet a bit more and be able to accommodate a reservation for the specialty restaraunts within 48hrs.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nice hotel with a great hotel and on the beach."
Some great service at an all around great hotel. Fun and the food was very good.
JLF
"Cant wait to go back"
Clean rooms, very friendly staff, buffet was great, Jose and Raul at the swim up bar are the best. Cant wait to go back. Only bad thing is hallways echo at night.
"Great beach"
The hotel is beautiful and elegant. The staff is friendly and hospitable. The Buffett was the best of any all inclusive buffets we've ever had. The reservation only restaurants is kind of frustrating. Can't always get ones you want. And the ones that are available aren't as good. The Krystal was fabulous however.
Scott and Terri
"Love RIU hotels!!!"
Aftere having experienced another RIU hotel for our honeymoon (Cancun, Palace Peninsula) my husband and I decided to celebreate our one year anniversary at another RIU location. We absoulutely loved the Palace Pacifico. The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive. The hotel is very well kept and clean. We really enjoyed the variety in food at the main restaurant as well as the other specialty restaurants on site. This hotel is great if you like the beach and pool as you have the option of both, just a few steps away from each other :) I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to relax and/or to enjoy some quality time with family and friends.
Leny
Had an awesome time . The buffets were awesome food was really good. There was never a time you could not get food and drink. The rooms very clean and always turned down at night. Very friendly staff through out the hotel.Only negative was not enough lounge chairs available. By the pool or on the beach. Overall stay was fantastic we will stay here again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"RIU Palace was amazing!"
The RIU Palace was amazing! The people were great. The food was great. The place was beautiful. It really was a palace, and I was treated like a king!
"Customer care"
The Hotel was great and the staff took care of all are needs.
doug
"A great all-inclusive experience!"
My wife and I have been to several all-inclusive resorts and found the RIU Palace Pacifico to live up to the prior reviews (positive) and to exceed our expectations. We found the food to be of good quality and much better than the other resorts we stayed, the staff were friendly and responsive, the hotel grounds were well maintained and clean, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. The only two negatives were the restaurant reservation process and availability of chair around the pool. We arrived on a Tuesday and could not get a reservation for one of the restaurants until Saturday evening @ 9pm yet we often observed many empty tables each day for all sittings. We eventually just walked-in at requested a sitting. As for the pool chairs, the best way to described the issue involving the pool chairs is maddening. It appeared that certain folks go on vacation to compete for the best pool chair! They would "reserve" a group of chairs by placing towels and other items on them sometime after midnight then don't use/occupy them until sometime later the that afternoon. All the while families with young children search for somewhere to sit close to the pool to watch over the children. Despite the two negative items, we had a great time and plan on returning.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Jack
"Elegant and satisfying resort experience."
My wife and I spent an April week at the Riu Palace Pacifico and experienced a warm and friendly atmosphere throughout the whose resort. The room we were assigned to was a jacuzzi suite at the end of the building facing the ocean and was wonderfully appointed, spacious in every respect, included a lanai on two sides which also had a jacuzzi for our enjoyment. The room was sparkling clean and was maintained that way by very diligent staff members. Also the mini bar and stocked refrigerator provided an extra nice touch. The food was very good in the buffet restaurants and had a wide choice of food each meal with enough variety to ward off boredom, at least for us. We had reservations at two specialty restaurants and found the food served there to be excellent, we had the grilled lobster tail at the LaToscana and the lobster rizzoto at the Krystal. The beach was wide and deep with enough palm trees for some shade if you desired it. The pool as huge with a great swim-up bar. Entertainment by the Riu Animacion crew covered a very wide range of activities, including kids games and most water sports were available at no extra charge such as boogie boards, kayaks and Hobie Cat sailboats. Evening entertainment included a variety of theme shows and comedic routines and games orchestrated by the Animacion crew. A We have stayed at all three Riu properties in the Puerto Vallarta area and liked them all very much and the Palace Pacifico stands out a bit from the others in elegance
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Donald
"Best RIU so far"
We have been to the RIU in Cancun and Mazatlan but the RIU Palace Pacifico in Puerto Vallarta has been the best so far. Would highly recommend this hotel. The staff is forever cleaning the hotel and they are always asking if everything is ok or if we need anything. I must say, you must stop by the sports bar and see Giovanni (?)! He was the best bar tender in the hotel but don't get me wrong they are all nice but he would remember your drink the entire time you were.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Elena
"Excellent first All Inclusive"
There was 4 people in our group it was our first time out of the country. Riu Pacifico palace was great! Food was very good and high quality at the buffet. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. There was lots of activites, but we did some excursions while we were there. We just booked them at hotel. We would definitely stay at a RIU for our next vacation. Some things we learned in general. Do not exchange money at the airport. The have the worst rates regardless of what they tell you. Taxi from the airport was expensive but reasonable everywhere else. I always ask merchants the price in pesos and then dollars. Depending on the exchange rate, I used currency that benefitted me. While shopping for trinkets and souvenirs, be prepared to haggle unless you don't need to worry about saving money. If you don't like to do that, the Walmart nearby has plenty of stuff. That was were we got some Tshirts, shot glasses, and picture frames.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Phet
"best in PV"
had a great stay all the staff was incredible. had a little trouble getting reservations at the restaurants
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Not perfect, but food/service/staff is an A+"
Check in was perfect, fast and efficient. Paid for a garden view and was given a lousy room on first floor facing a adjacent hotel. no view at all. Didn't complain, it was a family trip. Room was nice, clean and after getting a roll away, good for 3 people. Bed was a bit hard but the room ac was one of the best i've ever had in Mexico. That and 4 large bottles of booze at your disposal made for a comfortable experience. The ala carte restaurant situation was the worst I have ever seen. We arrived monday and were told we could go as often as possible just not until friday, the day we were leaving. Unacceptable! Fortunately, the buffets were the best we ever had and we didn't feel like we were missing anything except sushi. Strange and delicious items were available every day and I have never seen the choice in other hotels. The staff (bartenders/waiters) were the best we have experienced. Super nice and attentive. The only complaint was allowing smoking in the outdoor dining areas. Just disgusting and i cant believe people are still that ignorant. The shows were a bit risque' but for us, it was very professional and entertaining. Again, the best we have seen. The pool was nice but the chair/seat issue was really disappointing. No chairs after 730-800 am, as they all had already been "claimed". Lack of toilets around the pool encourages people to urinate in the pool. The beach and ocean were very nice, just a general lack of resources because it was so crowded
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
shesky
"Clean Nice Hotel Mediocre Food Terrible Kids Club"
The good: the place is very clean, well maintained for rooms, grounds and pools. Food is plentiful The bad: we went during spring break high season and couldn't book any of the 3 specialty restaurants. You have to be there early in the morning at the customer service desk to wait in line for reservation... Isn't vacation about sleeping in? We ended up not able to get into any of the 3 specialty restaurants, which is really irking, 'cause you will get tired after eating 3 meals a day 5 days in a row in the same restaurant. They also require men to wear long pants to get into any of their specialty restaurants. Coming from the northwest where causal is the name in almost all restaurants is just shocking to learn this. The food is plentiful in the main buffet restaurant. However, all the food are over cooked and extremely salty: rubbery chicken and beef with lot of salt. I do think they try to do a great job with several stations grills working in front of your eyes. But I just couldn't figure out why they food was not tasty. I think it's because it has to massive cook in large quantities? Or maybe the ingredients not fresh? The kids' club is a place if you want to lock up your kids while you go do something else: don't do that. The entertainment: the live music in the evening in the main dining area and the live performance was quite good for a couple of nights. Then the Mexican music performance was not so good
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Joanne
"Great Location, Great atmosphere,Awesome Stay!"
Amazing! From the room, to the staff, the location, the upgrades, it was a trip worth waiting for!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
PT
"Great Hotel, Nice Beach, Huge Pool"
Stayed at the Riu for vacation last month. We had a great time. The property is very clean and the hotel is well kept. We were able to easily make reservations for the restaurants that we wanted. Just have to wake up and be in the lobby at 8 am to do that. The food at the restaurants and on the buffet is above average. Lots of variety. Many rooms do have a partial ocean view. The beds are a bit hard and the pillows on the beds aren't the best, but if that is the worst thing that we found, then I guess we are being picky. There are a variety of bars, such as a sports bar, and typical outdoor bars on the patios. The workers are always cleaning and repairing anything that needs attention. This is a very well kept hotel. The sand beach is very nice and you can walk the beach in both directions. Bucerios is a short walk as well for shopping and the basics. Distance from downtown PV is a bit a of a negative aspect.. the van ride is roughly $30 for a van from downtown PV to the hotel and that takes approximately 30 minutes. There is one large pool and a nice swim up bar in the pool. Lots of chairs for lounging on the deck around the pool. Just have to put your towel out like at any other resort to save your spot. Overall we had a great stay and will likely return sometime. This is a good hotel for the price. You will not be disappointed.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
The hotel is very clean, the staff was excellent and the food was good. The price was good also. It is a good place for family fun or in our case a good destination for teens and parents.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great vacation!"
We loved the Riu Palace Pacifico! The service was wonderful, the facilities were clean and beautiful, and the entertainment staff was especially delightful! We will definitely come again.
6 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Terri
The staff was wonderful and very attentive. The seafood restaurant was amazing! The beds were a little harder than I prefer. It was difficult to get a chair at the pool, but the pool bar and servers were great!
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Fantastic hotel, wonderful staff, great amenities, plenty of alcohol/water/fun/sun!
Wonderful! All of it! Very relaxing and no maintenance