All hotels in Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Room is all right
"Wonderful view, but food was lacking!!!"
Hotel was very clean and maintained. As far as the food it was definitely lacking. The sit down reservation restaurants were just ok. The buffets were just not good after a couple of days we were just done with them. We traveled with 15 guests and 5 of them ended up sick from something. Although not sure it was the food. There also needed to be more things for kids (mine were 15 and 17) to do. They ended up very bored.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Daryl
"Nice Hotel, great service"
Nice hotel, great service, great food & drinks too. We had a great time. We will definitely go back.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Nader
"Need better pillows"
Excellent hotel, very clean,family orientated, lots of food and very pleasant atmosphere.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Palace is right!!!"
My wife and I had never been to an all inclusive resort, and were pleasantly surprised. All the staff was outstanding, and had a smile on their faces all the time. All the drink you can drink and all the food you can eat. Riu has spoiled us for life, Its so nice not to have to wonder were to go to eat and all that vacation stuff that takes time and money. We're already looking at a full week for next year.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Bryan
"Excellent service"
I want to come back tomorrow. It is a paradise in where you have all that you need.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
norna
"Love this hotel, on the beach, staff is great!!"
We arrived 3rd of July, the staff was very polite and extremely helpful. We went ziplining with Indio Canopy and went on another excursion with Beachboy for our parasailing experience. I would highly recommend Nuevo Vallarta/Riviera/Nayarit. RIU PALACE is a MUST!!!
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Maribel
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel was beautiful from the time we entered the lobby to the rooms. We couldn't have asked for more. The staff was great.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Silvia
"Well kept grounds, friendly staff. Food was good"
Overall a good time. The one thing that would have improved my stay was the lack of small children. The resort was overrun with kids. The swim-up bar had kids splashing and floating around. There should be a separate pool for families. Parents had babies in the sports bar at 2am, hanging on their shoulders and laps while they drank. There should be rules about such things. I didn't notice when I booked this hotel that it was sooooo family oriented. If you want less children around then I suggest staying at the Vallarta. Riu Vallarta is a beautiful resort and doesn't seem to have as many families that stay there. They also have two pools.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Sandi
"Wonderful hotel, delicious food and nice beach"
Wonderful locations, nice view, excellent service, beautiful beach.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Matías
"Beautiful"
It was a beautiful place. Everything is beautiful, rooms, clean and classy.. The staff are great, food was terrific.. Gray line Maria was very helpful... Will definitely stay again at Rui palace. It's all worth it.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
loredel
"Nice, but improvement are needed.................."
Nice, but way to over priced for what u get. Rooms to small, their are no close attraction.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"OK place."
The Bad: Partial ocean view means you need to get on the balcony and lean forward to see the ocean. The beds were surprisingly uncomfortable and the food is borderline terrible although it didn't get me sick. The Good: the staff are extremely friendly, and the beach is nice with palm trees, and beach volleyball court. Do yourself a favor, skip the all inclusive and get a place near or at downtown and enjoy the diverse and excellent food of local restaurants.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
A young dude
Great place to stay.
6 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Kenneth
"Excellent Resort"
This was the first time we stayed at Riu Palace. We enjoyed our stay, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great food, night entertainment, and pool activities. We highly recommend this resort.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
SSG
"Nice and clean hotel, friendly staff. Great food."
We staying at Riu 5 days in the beginning of June. Very nice and clean hotel, friendly staff and great food. We're really enjoying! Thank you for everyone who works at Riu . We will definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Irina
"Fantastic all inclusive resort"
Excellent service at all inclusive resort Room and common areas were immaculate. Would recommend this resort to everyone
5 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Joanie
Sergio from activities, Julián the waiter from Penninsula buffett, Gerardo at the sports bar, Tomas waiter at Penninsula buffett gave excellent service and very attentive to customer needs. The only problem encountered was that the telephone did not work and we made several calls to have it fixed.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Family Vacation"
The hotel was nice. Loved our room and the view. The staff was on very nice. The food not so good! They also made you make reservations and were usually booked up. BUT if you went by the restaurants during the times you wanted they were pretty empty!! The eating situations were very disappointing. We have stayed at all-inclusives before and never had an issues with "reservation" or the quality of the food. Would I stay there again, probably but I wouldn't eat there which is a bummer since it is all included in the price. I think they need to get a new chef and change things up. If they did that it would be an excellent place to go!!
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Dawn
"Nice hotel close to beach and airport"
It was good time. I am strongly recommend.It is miracle place and very good staff.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Ark
"Nice, but not our favorite"
For the most part, this resort was fine. The views are great, we were upgraded from a partial ocean to full ocean view, and really can't complain too much. Unfortunately, we were comparing this to our stay at an all inclusive in Cancun and it just didn't compare. While the staff was helpful enough, they certainly did not go the extra step or give the type attention we had experienced at Cancun's Moon Palace. Also, it was disappointing for our 16 year-old son as they really didn't have as many activities as they advertised. Often they didn't stick to the schedule posted and skipped activities. And, since there were not too many kids his age, he was getting bored at times. The rooms were serviced well for the most part but it did smell a bit moldy in bathroom. Having been to other humid locations that didn't have this, I was disappointed with that. Also, they really should put some lighting above the showers/tubs - it is quite dark in that part of the bathroom. Also, keep in mind that since this hotel is farther north, if you take any tours and have to pick up people at other hotels, you will be on the van for quite a while just picking up and dropping off others. Being vegetarian we are always at a disadvantage with food. However, they did have many choices. Although after a few days we were tired of the basically the same menu day to day (but I think that's to be expected at any all-inclusive resort). Also, they need to replenish the food more and label everything properly.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
EyesonU2
"Just ok."
I just left the Riu Palace after a 6 night stay May 24-30. I should preface my review by mentioning that this is my first trip to a Riu resort as we typically stay at the adults only Excellence in Playa Mujeres. I've been fairly spoiled going to this resort and it's pretty difficult for anywhere to live up to it. Service: The service was pretty good overall at the resort. Flor took care of us daily from the pool and did a pretty good job getting our drinks in a timely manner. Activities: I actually did enjoy the variety of activities by the pool from the crazy games, to pool volleyball, to water polo. The activity staff were friendly and engaging. Although I did enjoy the poolside music, it tended to be a little loud at times and played the same repetitive music. Rooms: Rooms were pretty decent, nowhere near the Excellence rooms as the shower was pretty small and no privacy with the toilet. You couldn't do your business when your spouse was getting ready. We were upgraded to 8027 after a few days and it was a nice view. The beds weren't bad. Would have been nice to have some sort of juice and or snacks in the rooms as there was pop, water, and beer in the mini fridge. Again not a huge deal but after being at the Excellence you get kind of spoiled with these amenities. Food: This was the biggest downfall of this resort. There were only 4 restaurants where you didn't have to eat at the trough (i.e. the buffet). You had to have reservations at all of them and could only rese
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
The property was beautiful and constantly maintained and cleaned. The many a la cart restaurants were hit and miss, but still worth the experience. The staff were all helpful, unobtrusive, and maintained a high level of professional courtesy and comportment. The drinks were fantastic and the bartenders quick to remember exactly how you like it and what brand alcohol you're drinking. Our room had a fantastic view of the sunset, courtyard, and beach. The activities at the pool area had a retirement home feel, but many guests seemed to enjoy the diversion. This isn't an adults only facility, however there were very few children. I thought it odd that you had to make a reservation in hour increments to use the steam room and sauna. It was disappointing that we were not told at the time the steam rooms were out of order and the sauna wasn't preheated for your reservation time. However, over all it was a very relaxing vacation. The beach sand was soft and fine, the surf warm even at night, and the spigots to rinse your feet pumped warm water. A nice touch. Even the pool was bathwater warm.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Staff was great!"
The second we got to the Riu we were greeted with a drink. The alcoholic drinks were fairly weak but it wasn't a big deal because you could just ask for a double or drink more! We were still served as quick and good as when we didnt tip. Tips are were not manditory. Eddy and Mario were by far our favorite employees at the hotel they were so much fun! The rooms were nice and big but the bedding wasn't that comfortable. The pool was amazing. I agree with the other reviews that if you want a good seat you need to be there early. We would get to the pool around 10-11am each day and always could find one but had to look hard. The poolside service was awesome! We wish the pool was open later than 8 but it was nice that there was always a show in the theater. Make sure to check out the Michael Jackson show! It was great! Don't waste your time at one of the specialty restaurants. We went to La Toscana one night and it was not good at all. We went to the buffet right after. If you walk about a mile down the beach to the right there was a small tent with women giving massages. We got two, one hour massages for $40 including a tip! Overall we reccommend this hotel and will definetely be staying here again in the future.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Chelsea
"Excellent hotel! Great pools and beach area. Clean"
The staff was extremely helpful, pleasant, and courteous. Grounds were beautiful! Views were spectacular. Buffets were plentiful, restaurants were ok. We would definitely go back again. Rooms were very clean, staff took care of each request. Very carefree and relaxing vacation!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Phil
The stay was great and the upgrade was great. Better view of the hotel grounds when upgraded. Your staff waiter Carlos was great and lots of fun. Excellent worker!!!
Other trip May 23, 2015
Denise
"Very nice hotel"
The staff is very attentive, great overall experience!
Other trip May 22, 2015
"vacation"
First time at the Riu Palace and we will be back!! Excellent staff and very helpful concier
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Riu down the beach."
Rui Palace is definitely where you go to rest and relax. The beach is clean and the water is warm. The pool is great with its swim up bar. The only down side is if you wish to be close to other properties. This Riu is the last one down the street - not within walking distance to shops. The good news is the cabs are quick and inexpensive. Take your Mexican pecos with you on this trip!
Other trip May 18, 2015
patrice
"6 Days Away"
Great time, great place! The staff was outstanding! Some vanity things with the hotel and grounds could use some updating, but that's nit-picking. Outstanding value overall!!
Other trip May 17, 2015
Dave and Roxy
"Great place for Family!"
We were very happy with the hotel as it had something for everyone, we had singles, married small kids and all were catered for. The shows were great, food great, Staff so so kind and helpful. We will definitely go back to stay longer for next time. Well Done Staff for making us so happy
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
Jossph
"Terrible service, terrible food, nice pool"
Service: Below expectations with waiters and bar tenders only helping you when show dollars before you order. Otherwise they don't even come to you. Food: The worst I have ever had in my travels. Quality of ingredients is very poor. Example: they advertise steak and lobster, but they were VERY crappy steaks, and the lobster risotto is made with shrimps instead of lobster -- they put a piece of lobster on top, which by the way was like rubber. It was a big disappointment for us. Breakfast was the only good thing. Hotel staff: They are either rude, or dismissive, or not trained at all, example: upon check-in, the lady was new and she did not even know where the rooms were located in order to direct us to the correct elevator. Hotel facilities: The pool was very nice, but the pool bar is always crowded and you need patience and lots of dollars to get the bar tender attention on the lower level. We usually leave the pool and go to the bar outside the water to be able to get service, which was pretty good there. They also should have restrooms near the pool, we had to go to the spa to go to the restrooms, not very convenient. Also the restaurants dont have restrooms inside and they direct us back to the lobby. Room comfort: We had a suite, ocean view, high floor. Room was nice and big and the view was awesome, however the bed was extremely uncomfortable, the pillows were hard like a rock, not sure why. The bed linens were rough like sand paper. I would not go back to this hotel.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Great pool atmosphere!!!"
Meet new people at the hotel, enjoy drinks and a great atmosphere. The breakfast is a decent buffet option and the chorizo tacos are yummy. Be sure to checkout the menu options at the pool daily!
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Decent hotel"
This all inclusive was just ok. I travelled with my two small daughters and the activities for kids were limited. Food was average, at best. Beach was very nice, and the pool was as well. Staff was very friendly. Overall I wouldn't come back, but it was decent.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"OK resort, wouldn't come back"
I wish I wasn't restricted to a word count. To be very succinct, this resort was okay. Kind of disappointing actually. I've stayed at a Riu resort before (in Cabo) so I more or less knew what to expect but this one was no bueno. The staff was extremely unfriendly and quite defensive (for example, when I asked the person who checked us in if they received my request at the time of booking that I wanted adjoining rooms. She was quick to say they can't accommodate every request. I get that, but why the attitude?). The rooms were dated (as I expected, given my experience at the other Riu) and the food was mediocre (also as expected). However, the resort facilities, to my surprise, were very limited. I was imagining a much bigger resort with a much larger stretch of private beach but that was not the case. Also, the spa - extremely disappointing. When we tried to book appointments for us 5 girls, we were told they only had 2 masseuses working that day. For an entire resort?! You have 2 masseuses? I would think for a premium resort (as they so market themselves as) that they would offer excellent spa services. When that didn't work out, we tried to use the jacuzzi (but nope, that was booked too. Apparently you need reservations to sit in a hot tub with jets. Okay...) All in all, I wouldn't return. I wouldn't recommend you to book here either. Save your money (for what you think you may be paying a "premium" for) and book elsewhere.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Quiet resort and a nice place to relax."
Overall, we were pleased with our experience; however, with just a few exceptions. There were no clocks in the rooms, no handrails around the pool and most stairwells, and there was only one bathroom to serve the pool area, beach and restaurants. It was a long walk from the beach to the nearest bathroom. Although it was posted that guests were not allowed to save poolside lounge chairs, we found ourselves in direct competition with those guests that didn't comply with this request. Some chairs with towels set on them sat unoccupied from early morning to mid-afternoon. On the positive, this was a beautiful resort, with well-manicured grounds. Staff were very helpful and courteous. Our room was clean and, unlike some reviews we read, our bed was very comfortable. The buffet choices were ample and the quality of the food excellent. We are a retired couple and were pleased to find many other couples our age staying at this resort and very few children. We most note an unpleasant encounter with the bellboy. When we arrived to our room, we were disappointed in it's location. He personally offered to upgrade our room for a fee of $60. We gave him $40. He did come through with his promise, 2 days later, and moved us from the 3rd floor to the 8th, but we were directly above our original location. Although we had a partial ocean view, we also had a view of the other hotel rooftop with the air conditioner units and the noise that went with that. We won't fall for that next time.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Beatrice
"Best Hotel EVER !!!!"
WE LOVE THE RIU PALACE, WOULD GO THERE AGAIN & AGAIN.....
DIANNE
"Nice place to visit!"
Hotel staff: Very nice, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly Room: Clean, housekeeping attentive, turndown service inconsistent but not a big deal, adjoining suites are awesome when traveling with friends/family but you have to ask for them. They were able to move us the second day of our stay when we asked for a better view of the ocean (to see over the palm trees in the middle of the hotel, you need to be on at least the 4th floor) Pool: not an overwhelming smell of chlorine; needs some work but maintenance was working on the pool every night replacing tiles and performing maintenance to keep it operational so can't complain Beach: plenty of beach space with available chairs; too bad you have to pay for an umbrella but it wasn't expensive just a nuisance; beach area clean; peddlers get annoying but that's just Mexico and how they earn their living...'no' works with them Bar service: EXCELLENT. swim-up bartenders are fun and good at what they do. Thanks Maribel, Nelson and Raoul (hint: tip them well at the beginning of the week and they will provide you wonderful drinks and service the remaining stay) Food: buffet needs work...they have lots of choices so you can always find something to eat but nothing really tasty; steakhouse clearly the best but difficult to get reservations; Japanese very tasty Spa: great last minute service for my spouse who was having neck issues the day we left
"Fabulous Hotel"
The Hotel is absolutely fantastic you really have no need to leave. The staff works their butts off for the guest. If there is anything you could possibly want they will help you with it. There are tour company reps at the hotel if you want to take a tour. The spa was fantastic except hot tubs not working properly. The hotel has 4 specialty restaurants that were ok plus a sports bar open 24hrs. That was nice for the very early airport shuttle I could get a cup of coffee at 4 a.m. We rather eat at the larger buffet restaurant there was much more choices. It is just a beautiful and relaxing hotel. Oh one extra nice thing they have a photographer there that will take photos of you that was reasonable plus the photos turned out fantastic.
"100% customer service"
Nice location, nice view, nice people, nice everything !!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Binta
"April 2015"
Overall we had a wonderful time. Wish there were more umbrellas around pool area and more chairs for the beach. Beautiful hotel, very friendly and helpful. Food was good, but expected a little better. There shows for the night were kinda goofy, but overall I would go back. I would of stayed further south for nicer water and beaches.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
chris
"Great overall experience"
The staff is phenomenal. Very attentive and engaging. Randy in the buffet and Nelson at the pool bar are great... made conversation with them on day one, tipped them well early and they treated us like royalty.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Nice hotel with great beach front for relaxation."
This is our second time visiting this hotel however it was our first time bringing a child. The staff, rooms, and food were great however my only complaint would be that the smoking from guests made it very distracting, especially for our child. I recommend having some designated smoking areas to better compliment the family environment.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Leo
"Nice hotel, close to the beach"
Overall the hotel was nice and the beach was beautiful. Huge pool. I will say that with the convenience of the all inclusive experience comes with it sub par food and drinks. The drinks seemed to be watered down and the food was quite unimpressive. As a foodie, the quality of the food of the resort I stay at is quite important and it didn't really do it for me.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
ned
"Outstanding"
Everything was superb however there is one thing we didn't like and it's the "lack of rules enforcement". Children splashing in the infinity pool that should be reserved to adults only. Or the towels used to reserve the chairs at the swimming pool side at 5AM when the rule states that no reservation with towel can be made before 8 AM! Umbrellas in the swimming pool are FREE and on the beach it cost 140 pesos a day (about $10.00) which isn't such a huge amount, however we didn't understand why people who stay on the beach should be charged for that.....
Elena
"Nice, clean, big hotel. Great Staff"
This is our 3rd visit to Riu Palace in 2 years. We like it very much The grand Buffet for Breakfast, lunch, Dinner & (even an after lunch Buffet!) Over the top! There is a 'Sports Bar' that's 24/7 and has snacks and sandwiches all day The other restaurants: Optional dining (à la carte, reservations required in advance): "Krystal" Fusion restaurant "Kyoto" Japanese restaurant "La Toscana" grill and steakhouse "Guacamole" Mexican restaurant (buffet starters) They try hard, but don't really pull off Up-scale ratings. The Bar and Restaurant Staff try everything they can for you. The staff never stops cleaning and the place is alway immaculate. Age group is older than some other nearby all-inclusives. Average ages 30 - 65 Fun Pool games, but not blarring all day long.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"pool and beach was nice. Food was soso"
Checked in on 4-19-15 dropped bags off with the bellboy. Gave him our room number about 30minutes later they show up at our room. one bag isn't ours I take it back to bellboy. THEY say no problem will find it don't worry. Well one hour goes by no bag. Two hours go by no bag. Finally after three and half ours they say our bag is back at the airport and it will cost us $80.00 dollars to get it deliverd to the hotel. After they gave it to the wrong person. They kept saying it was our fault even though we checked in with our bags. They kept saying it was our fault not there problem. It was useless to talk to them even the hotel manager about the issue. I paided the $80.00 finally to get our bag back. Not a great way to start our vacation at this resort. This was our first visit to Mexico and at this resort so basically we wasted a lot of money at this resort. Even when we were checking out they brought up the bag issue again and said it was still our fault my girlfriend and I just ignored them. I have never seen such poor customer relations skills in my life. I'm self employed if I operated my company this way I'd been out of business many years ago. I would never recommend this resort to any one. My daughter and son in law have been to this resort four times in the past few years they could not believe what happened to us. They will never go back to this resort.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Great location! Great Hotel"
The hotel is very clean and the staff are attentive and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and big. We had a partial ocean view room, the bed was comfortable and it had a sitting area outside. The pool was large enough that sitting was never a problem to find lounge chairs. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Tara
"Amazing staff made for an overall amazing stay!"
The staff were always catering to our needs. Great drinks were served for an all inclusive, especially when properly tipping the staff for the outstanding service they provide. The food at the buffet was very good, but can become a bit repetitive after 5 days. Rooms were very nice as well. Only things I could see for improvement was diversifying the buffet a bit more and be able to accommodate a reservation for the specialty restaraunts within 48hrs.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nice hotel with a great hotel and on the beach."
Some great service at an all around great hotel. Fun and the food was very good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
JLF
"Cant wait to go back"
Clean rooms, very friendly staff, buffet was great, Jose and Raul at the swim up bar are the best. Cant wait to go back. Only bad thing is hallways echo at night.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015