All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
229 S. Duff Avenue, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.7
"Short sheeted in Ames Iowa!"
Disappointed doesn't begin to describe my stay. I have stayed at other Days Inn hotels and this one has to be one of the lesser ones! My bed was not properly made as I found out at 10pm when I pulled back the covers to find no bottom bed sheet! It took the manager and his assistant 35 minutes to locate the correct size bottom sheet and make the bed before I could lie down for the night. Once I was able to lie down, the mattress was soft and lumpy and the pillows were hard and lumpy. I will never stay at this hotel again!
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Cramped in every way"
From the moment you enter the driveway, every aspect of this hotel makes you feel uncomfortable. The parking stalls are so close together that you can barely open your car doors. Especially with all the industrial trucks parked in the lot. Our reservation was for 3, and there was 1 roll of toilet paper and only two full size towels, and one tiny square of bar soap. The pillows were small and square too. Woke up with a sore neck. The breakfast area is so cramped with only two tables, and the hotel has the nerve to post a sign stating that no food is to be brought to the guest rooms.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
jayson
"Short overnight stay- Modestly priced."
Short stay, modestly priced so it met our basic needs. The parking is a littler congested. I had a boat with me so didn't know where to park it, but it worked out to park behind the motel. Pleasant staff. Ken
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Ken
convenient stay, hope it helped to let me park my bicycle at 1st floor instead of carrying to my room at 2nd floor.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
People were nice but the room was not in the best condition.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
The rooms were what was expected however the owners are not friendly. They were upset that the room was booked on line for lower rate than walk in or call in rate. Attempted to charge me for occupancy of 4. Make sure you bring your confirmation from website proving you indicated occupancy and ages of occupants. Air conditioner was not running in overall hotel and was poorly working in the rooms. Laundry room was locked at 11:00 pm with no indication it closed, the polite evening front desk person did let me in and let me finishing my load but said it is closed by owner request. Location is great right on the strip of Ames. Parking is limited.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Fridge and bed lighting were unplugged. TV volume control was set so low we could barely it. Breakfast was horrible and they ran out of plates! We have been to many hotels. This was one of the worst ever!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Mike Malland
Rooms are very functional; sound travels through easily. Ground floor windows did not have screen or mesh. Either drawn shades or tow-way visible.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"MN familiy visiting ISU"
This was one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. The picture is deceiving. The parking lot is so small. Our hotel room only had 1 small bar of soap, shampoo, and conditioner. There was mold on the shower curtain. We don't care for rooms where the sink is outside of the bathroom. The breakfast was minimal at best. My daughter went down around 7:30 and said there were eggs. When we got there 15 mins later they were gone and no more were coming. We didn't even eat breakfast the next morning. So kind of disappointing and we probably will not stay there again.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Close to ISU."
Hotel building doesn't look like as pictured on Expedia. The picture could have been taken quite a few years ago. Staff was friendly and breakfast was OK. Hotel/Room was very close to the road and lot of noise during the night that kept me disturbing and couldn't sleep properly. Ok for an overnight stay for the price paid.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Sam
"Not the greatest place but near the university"
The hotel is not in the greatest condition, but it was extremely close to Iowa state university, which was perfect bevause my brother was there for his orientation. The room we stayed had a horrible smell, but it was clean. The breakfast was disgusting too, I recommend buying some food at the target across the street, but overall the staff was great. Super friendly an caring!
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
marcie
We were mistakenly put in a smoking room at first- No idea those still existed. Stains on the bedspreads- Lights that didn't work
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"great rooms"
the hotel was in a great location. The rooms were very spacious. Only downfall was the breakfast room was very small. Only had 2 tables and it was hard to move around in there with all the people in there.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
The hotel was very close to ISU, about 1 mile away, so it is very convenient. The room is clean, but out of date. I had a room with 2 beds. In the room, there are 2 beds, a table, a TV, a mini frige, and a microwave. Bathroom is small, but workable. Hotel lobby and hallways are filled with strong smell of Indian cooking, which if you like it, is good, but if you don't? The hotel provides breakfast, but you might want to skip it.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Terrible, bad"
Smelled bad. Air conditioner would turn on and off all through the night, and was very loud. Refrigerator did not work. Towels were tiny. Shower did not have power. Loud traffic. Parking lot narrow. No elevator. Breakfast area tiny.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Smells awful!"
I lived at this hotel for two days and the rooms and the hall ways smelled awful. The smoking units are just next to the non- smoking ones. The rooms were not very clean when we were first there and I am just glad I do not have to go there again!
Other trip May 21, 2014
sur
It was a joke. Weren't allowed to bring breakfast back to our room. The rates were increased triple the amount. Another customer was checking right before me and he felt the same way. The owner argued with him over who he talked to instead of explaining that he spoke with a rep of the website that he booked with. I won't ever stay there again.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Days Inn - Ames Iowa"
Hotel was old and needed updating very badly. Room was small, food in the morning was nasty, will not be staying here again.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Mauri
"great location & good price"
I had a good stay and it was the perfect location close to the school and shopping center. The staff was very helpful but parking was tight spaces were small overall it served my purpose for being centrally located,
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Lot of BedBugs...
2 night trip May 2, 2014
aaak
Fine hotel for only 80 dollars a night. Breakfast was terrible though.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"n/a"
The rooms were dirty, service was terrible, outlets weren't working.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"its a place to lay your head"
Asked for a non smoking room but halls were filled with smoke and gaps under doors are too large had to put pillows down to keep smell out. Exterior door to building non functioning and for parking this was not acceptable. If you want a place to lay your head for an overnight stay at a reasonable price this works.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Its alright"
breakfast could be a bit better, kinda looks like the food was sitting out for a while. Even though we were in a non smoking room, it kinda smelled like a it, but only a little bit you forget about it in a minuet or two.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice motel for the price."
If you're looking for a good clean inexpensive hotel this is the spot. Close to campus was a plus.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"A bed in a room with a TV. No frills."
My stay was ok. No frills. The vending machine didn't work, the bathroom was clean but there was hair left in the bathtub. Several outlets didn't work in the room. The breakfast was rediculous. Fruit loops, raisan bran and small muffins were my only options.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
"Close to ISU"
The room was dated showing its age. Bathroom wall were not clean. Continental breakfast was very limited and not worth the time.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Stay somewhere else!"
Stay somewhere else.
2 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2014
"CAUTION!!!!!!"
We booked our room well in advance ( 2 months) and requested a smoking room, when we got there we were given a non-smoking room. when I went and questioned it and explained that our confirmation paper shows that we requested a smoking room we were treated unbelievably horrible. We were told that is not guaranteed that we would receive what we requested and if we didn't like we could leave. The rooms were not that great, nothing like the picture on Expedia, holes in shower curtain, hair in bathtub very dusty and the noise at night was terrible. I would not recommend this motel to anyone and Expedia should take them off their site because it really does reflect upon their service.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Quick stay"
The staff and hotel was not so great, but the rooms were very clean.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Central location"
The location is very good, right in town on main street where all the shopping/restaurants are, very close to the University. The rest is fair, staff not so friendly, it was very loud at night as people very talking in hallway, overall looks run down, but I suppose that's what you get for the price you pay. Ok for quick overnight stay if you don't expect much.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
People at hotel were very friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
"Convenient - in town for Mom's weekend."
Convenient for weekend activities. Worked out great.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Sorority Mom
"na"
bedding and towels not clean, breakfast very limited, hotel staff was nice
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Bathroom sink was clogged. Sheets were rough feeling. Other than that, no complaints.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Handy place to stay for a one day event. My only complaint about the room was that it only had a shower.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
A & K Nelson
"Acceptable"
The hotel is mostly well-kept and it looked like it had been cleaned well. I reserved a smoking room because that was the only thing that was available. The hotel tried to cover the room with deodorizer, but once the heater was turned on, it did not matter. All of my clothes (even the ones that were left in the suitcase) had to be washed when I got home. I have stayed here before and will probably stay here again, but if you are looking for luxury, this is not it.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Okay hotel. Had trouble parking in the lot."
It was homecoming so very busy. Not enough parking to allow easy coming and going. Noisy in the wee hours. Room only partially cleaned during 2 day stay it looked like they started and then did not finish. Beds were not well made - lumpy sheets. Towels were taken after use but not replaced. It was inexpensive and convenient but not the best stay.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
We stayed at Days Inn because it was closer to what we were in Ames for and we found a great rate online. We got what we paid for. A cheap room. The bathroom light had electrical issues and didn't stay on, there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. The place looked run down. The breakfast was scarce and the area it was held was messy and cramped. It was a cheap stay with a price to match.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2013
"Stay here if you love the smell of cigarette smoke"
This whole building - inside the rooms, the hall, the lobby - smells like cigarette smoke. We stayed here because it's about a 20 minute walk from Jack Trice Stadium, where the ISU Cyclones play. But man, did that place stink. We left our windows wide open while we left for the ISU football game to get some fresh air in our room, and we just could not get rid of the stench. If cigarette stench doesn't bother you, and I'm talking strong stuff, then stay here. Oh and our TV didn't work. I'm sure if we notified the front desk, maybe someone could have fixed it, but we were there for only for a few hours and just wanted to rest after the game.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Watson
"Needs repairs"
I saw many of the same problems with this building that existed before its current owners took over it. The carpet in need of replacement previously still had not been done. The floor still has sags in part of it. The alarm clock was supposed to be plugged in under the middle of the headboard and was not.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"THEY HAND WROTE MY CREDIT CARD #??"
FOR THE PRICE, IT WAS OK. DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD PICK TO STAY THERE AGAIN. I DID NOT CARE FOR THEM WRITING OUR CREDIT CARD # ON THEIR PAPER WORK.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"OK"
It was OK for a one night stay.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
"Near downtown and big-box stores"
The room was clean, although the overall appearance of the inside of the hotel was run-down. I did not spend enough time there to comment on service and did not partake in the continental breakfast. The location is good: near downtown, many restaurants, and lots of shopping. Generally, it served my purposes of a quick overnight stay in a location that was convenient for me.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"closer to Boone than Des MoinesLOL"
Fine Just needed to rest between races
3 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Quick overnight stay"
The hotel served it's purpose. We were there very briefly. Just needed a place to sleep and shower. I wouldn't stay here if I was planning an extended stay in Ames. Our window looked out into a cement wall with a creepy space between the buildings. The towels were worn and small - but they worked. It's not a luxury stay. The room had an odd smell - kind of stale. The hotel only has one roll away bed. If you're going to need one - book it ahead of time. The hotel itself was old but for the most part clean. We didn't have any negative experiences - but don't expect luxury.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Shannon
"Ok for 1 nite"
Not enough parking, old hotel that is in need of a remodel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Not recommended..."
The hotel was full of construction workers and there was no place to park. For some reason, there was groups of teens hanging out in back of the hotel being very loud until after midnight. We had early days so the lack of sleep made us very angry.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"okay for what I needed"
Overall this hotel had everything I needed and expected within this price range and location. I was comfortable. The only thing that bothered me was the odor of the room. It smelled like a room that was a smoking room at one time and had just been converted recently. Not sure if that was the case, but that's what it seemed like.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"College visit to IA State University"
Our stay was fine.