All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1903 5A Street S.W, Calgary, AB, T2P 4J6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Bier weekend"
Luna was very accommodating when we phoned for added parking. The location was great for walking to the saddledome and a short cab ride home. Door codes are an amazing idea for coming and going with multiple people staying. If I ever need somewhere downtown again, I would stay here for sure.
9 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Robynn
"Comfortable, but not really the best decision."
The hotel is nice, however there are a few downsides that would prevent me from staying again. The location is prime - 1 block from 17th ave (lots of great shopping and restaurants) and maybe 5 blocks from the core. The hotel was nice - room was clean when i arrived and the in room amenities were good. They do expect you to provide your own incidentals (soap, shampoo, food, etc.). This was fine except for the fact that they also expect you to provide toilet paper. If I'm only here for two weeks, I am not going to go buy a 12 pack of toilet paper for myself to only use one or two of them. It would cost maybe an extra dollar or two to provide this and you would have some very satisfied customers. There is absolutely NO VENTILATION in the unit making it quite stuffy. Thankfully it was a cooler time of year, but my lungs and nose would have appreciated some ventilation - it also caused the room to have a bit of a stagnant smell to it. The neighbours were very loud. I notified the front desk of this (via the very convenient texting service) and it was dealt with appropriately. My biggest concern came upon checkout - they expected me to essentially clean the entire unit, otherwise I would be charged for it. If you want to be very independent and live in an apartment for a few weeks, this is great. If you are looking for any level of service, this is not somewhere i would recommend.
18 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"A HOME AWAY FROM HOME, NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT"
Could not wait to say goodbye to all the dustballs, the no ventilation, suffocating rooms and the overwhelmingly under furnished, under equipped place. To add insult to injury, the beds and pillows are soft and horrible. The ironical thing is that the motto of the hotel is a home away from home?????????????????
9 night trip Aug 30, 2014
John and Connie Langley
"Great location but too many issues"
We had 4 suites booked at this "hotel condo". The location was terrific and the suites were lovely but when we arrived we found out that there was NO air conditioning. Two separate websites and a comment made on the hotels web site led us to believe there was but what we had was ceiling or floor fans. There were many little problems. We only had two sets of towels for 4 people (this was quickly respolved). Our phone didn't work for the first 4 days we were there and when the phone company came to fix it they knocked out the internet and wifi for the whole building. It took 2 days to get that up and running but then one of the other units had no phone or cable. Communication is done via text and the staff were very responsive and tried to get things fixed. There were a couple of plumbing issues that were also fixed quickly. Please put on your website that there is NO air conditioning. Finally- our mattress was comfortable on one half and too soft on the other.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Cheri

"hotel apartment"
I was looking for a hotel room for ten 10 days, since I had to work at our Calgary office located in SE. I wanted to cook some meals and have a little feel of home spending that much time there. I ended up booking Opal suite for it offered a kitchen for the same price of most hotel rooms in Calgary. I enjoyed the fact that i had that space and the location in Mission, very close to 4th street. I would say that people travelling by car to Calgary and able to bring the cooking essentials would take more advantage of this condo-style hotel. Opal does a lot of advertising on the fully furnished kitchen, which is decently furnished indeed, but keeping in mind that most people travelling for work won't carry, some stuff like scissors, blender for smoothies and a few coffee filters would have been a nice addition. Overall I did enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Lilianne

TripAdvisor reviews for O hotel suites

"Beautiful suite close to the Stampede and BMO Center"
05/20/15 Canadamomonabudget Longueuil, Canada
I had book this hotel throught hotel.com. A few minutes after I received the confirmation of the booking I received another e-mail stating that the room I requested was, after verification, not available. I immediatly called in and spoke to an agent that sounded a bit like I was disturbing her by asking her so many questions who confirmed that the only difference there would be is instead of having a closed room I would have a loft type of room, but all the same commodities. She offered a 10$/night for the inconvenience even if I didn't asked anything. I then read the rest of the e-mail and realised there would be a special check in procedure since I would arrive after 5:30PM. I then called back to inquire on that and the agent informed me on a I just want to get off the phone tone, that I would receive instructions on how to proceed which was satisfactory. When I arrived on site, after a 3.5h bus ride, tired, the taxi driver was not sure I has the right adress cause there are no signs that indicates it's a hotel (or nothing that we saw). The door is located on each sides of the building. To check in I had to enter by punching the code provided throught an e-mail, then open a safe which contained all the cards of everyone that didn't yet check in, then get to my room. It is therefore possible that someone takes your card instead of his which didn't reassure me. There are no stairs to get to the room. The information was displayed on hotels.com so I was not surprised. The room was super beautiful, a wall was painted in red, my favorite color. Kitchen cabinets were also red. The bed was a bit high, but extremly confortable as well as the pillow. The suite has hardwood floor which is preferable, in muy opinion, to hotel carpets that are not deep cleaned on a regular basis an accumulates bacterias There is a bar next door, and I happened to have a window that was facing it so there were shorts periods on which I heard drunk people talking lound outside. I also heard the siren of a police car and an ambulance, but this could happen pretty much everywhere. This place is a walking distance of the BMO Center, where my daughter had a volleyball tournament and the Calgary Stampede. It's about 20-25 minutes from the airport by car, but 50-60 by bus Since there is no daily room service, I run out of toilet paper on the last day and had to use paper towel.
"Great stay at with O hotel suites"
04/30/15 Kelly455 Calgary, Canada
This suite is a calm and elegant change from giant chain hotels that populate downtown Calgary. The suite was clean and well-appointed, comfortable beds, modern urban vibe and a fantastic view of downtown with the mountains in the distance. The location offered close proximity to all amenities including some of the premiere restaurants in the city, boutique shops and not to mention a very short walk to the stampede grounds which hosts a variety of expos and trade shows. We used the gym located in the building which was an added bonus. All of the staff offers excellent customer service and are very professional and friendly. The representative from O Hotels I dealt with was very interested in ensuring that my needs were taken care of. O Hotels offers a home away from home.
"Terrible Service"
03/26/15 Dontyoujustlovefood
If you are looking for a relaxing comfortable and stress free stay in Calgery I would have to strongly recommend that you AVOID this Hotel at all costs. After working in the hospitality industry for the past 5 years this is absolutely unacceptable. We had booked a three night stay in this hotel through bookings.com and got confirmation for this. the next day we were then told the room we booked was unavailable. After contacting bookings.com and the hotel we managed to booked a different room (studio suite instead) and again got confirmation for this. Through bookings.com we put in our card details to pay for the room before getting our confirmation. the day we were meant to check into the hotel they contacted us telling us we could not pay by visa debit or by cash, leaving us stranded. I had asked to speak to a manager in the hotel and was then told they would call us back with a manager on the line. This never happened. Luckily we managed to book somewhere else to stay for this period. This hotel were both rude and unaccommodating to us and i would never choose to stay here again and would never recommend it to anyone.
"Worst place I've ever had to stay!"
03/01/15 970samuelb Calgary
Do to insurance renovations I was unfortunate enough to have to stay at this place for a month with my fiance while our place was being re-done. Here's my findings and I will say I'm not terribly critical of anything in life this place was just that bad! I'll start off with the positive: It has a nice dishwasher, Free cable and internet was a plus, Now for the negatives: Walls are paper thin. You can hear everyone everywhere talking, laughing or getting to physically know each other for 2 hours which was the first night I spent there with my fiance listening to the people below me go at it from 2 am to 4 am. The suite looks nice in the pictures but once inside you realize the floors are completely falling apart, the bathroom walls look like they are melting, the bedroom doesn't have a door which means you get a blast of light coming at you all night long from the gap around the door. There is no sound barrier between the living room and the bedroom which means if you aren't going to bed at the same time as the other person in the suite no one sleeps. The couch had no back on it which makes it extremely difficult to sit on as the cushions just fall to the floor on the perceived back of the couch. The little rickety kitchen table is junk. Fully equipped? My suite had 2 plates, 2 glasses, 2 coffee cups a couple of pots and 1 pan. So basically I had to wash dishes twice a day as I do a lot of cooking at home which is the point of renting a space with a kitchen. There was plenty of cutlery though. The counter top was small but I managed. Washer and Dryer? Actually its just a washer but the advertisement said washer and dryer. I wear a uniform for work and also work out regularly so I have a lot of laundry. Well there was a washer in the kitchen but turns out isn't actually a dryer. I was told by hotel staff to hang dry my clothing. My first thought was how do I hang dry 20 pairs of socks and 10 pairs of underwear? After showing them their own advertisement they agreed to dry my clothes in their industrial dryer which still required me to go down three floors (no elevator) with my wet but at least clean laundry,knock on their office door and turn over the laundry, go back a couple hours later and ask if its done and retrieve it from the staff. Parking! I payed $250.00 for an extra parking stall as only 1 was provided with the rental. This I didn't have a problem with as I understand it is down town. What I did have an issue with is the (and this is literal) 17 times hotel staff had parked in our reserved numbered parking stall. One time when I had the opportunity to confront the maintenance man about parking there as I was about to leave my stall he was basically just rude although he begrudgingly moved his vehicle that time. Despite telling management the first 6 times in the first 3 days that someone was in her spot nothing changed. Staff would say sorry and that it won't happen again and 2 days later there is another staff member in the parking stall. Granted there were 2 other times where it was just an inconsiderate member of the public parked there. There was often a red Audi parked in one of our stalls which I was told was the owners vehicle. The area. The area was interesting to say the least. I enjoyed heading out to the parking lot to find homeless people on a few occasions having a beer, using the washroom or just a general good time at the end of the walkway next to everyone's vehicles. Although despite that, I did find them nicer to talk to than the hotel staff and they were definitely more polite! All I have to say is thank god I didn't pay for this place out of pocket and was provided by my insurance company. I have lived in a lot of places, stayed in a number of hotels and even slept on a few couches and I would wholeheartedly take any one of those places before staying at Ovation by O hotel Suites ever again.
"Great for a long term stay."
01/29/15 JAMES L Parksville, Canada
Stayed for a week and things where as shown on the inter net. The building is not the best looking on the block but the inside is clean and nicely done. No elevator so stairs could be a problem. The rooms are more than comfortable and have every thing you need for a long term stay. Management was quick to resolve two miner problems and did everything to make our stay comfortable. If you are driving or have a rental car the parking spot rental is a must, street parking is impossible.
"Terrible!"
01/19/15 bodge2015 Edmonton, Canada
I had made a booking though Priceline for a very good price to stay at the O hotel, 2 weeks before my trip. With less then a week left before my stay at the O Hotel i received an email telling me that my reservation had been cancelled because my credit card hadn't gone though (wasn't a money issue, just that it didnt go though). I quickly rang the hotel to see if i could rebook the room again from my reservation (Which was still on file) on a different card so i could still have a place to stay. They said that that was fine but they where going to charge me double for it!! They would not honer the discount nor where they sympathetic of my situation. They told me that the promotion had finished, even though i had booked it well over a week ago during the sale! They wouldn't even give me a slight discount for the inconvenience. Why would you want to stay at a place that gives you no sympathy over a simple technical error? Gives your business a bad name! Completely ruined my weekend!
"Good facility, responsive service, great rate, convenient location"
11/11/14 Ken W Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I stayed at O Hotel for two months for work purposes. Very competitive rate in comparison to getting a hotel room. Fully furnished with full size kitchen along with washer/dryer. It is also walking distance to many popular pubs, lounges, and great restaurants. The staff were also very responsive and accommodating as well. I had two pets with me during my stay and was somewhat skeptical at first about room cleaning service as the inconvenience it may cause without my presence. However, it worked out great. The staff even put out fresh water for my pets. I would totally recommend O Hotel if you are staying in Calgary for an extended period of time. One minor down side was the TV set that they have. It is not HD and it's somewhat small. Not a big issue, but it definitely would be nice if the equipment can be upgraded. The other thing is that the units do not have air conditioning. While it may be ok with winter months, it may be an issue to some during the hottest months of the year. Other than that, great stay!
"Stayed for 5 nights"
11/04/14 David S
The suite was great, kitchen was a great plus and was stocked with the needed dishes for basic use, the Welcome kit was pretty basic, but I expected this. Supplies were provided for the dishwasher but not the laundry washer/dryer, it would make sense to bring Tide Pods.
"Mediocre hotel with a good staff"
10/10/14 OniBO Michigan
O hotel suites was disappointing. The studio was fairly spacious, but a bad layout. Bed against the wall necessitated one person crawling over the other or off the end if a need to get in or out. Mattress sagged in the middle, and it was not very firm. Bathroom small. Unit was clean and kitchen was adequate for a couple of nights. Had to take garbage out, leave dirty towels in the bathtub,and make sure dishes were clean before leaving - that doesn't happen at a 'hotel'. Parking was behind in a dirty alleyway. Walked by over filled, smelly dumpsters whenever we went to the car.
"Off of 17avenue"
09/30/14 Kamila L
We had a wonderful 7days stay at the suite #7! They never bothered us. The appartment is cozy nice and comfortable. Close to downtown and starbucks not far. Restaurants and bars everywhere. I loved it ! Thank you for everything ohotel.