All hotels in Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereKeith Street, Hamilton, Scotland, ML3 7BL, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9222

I stay in a lot of Holiday inns and from the staff and building point of view it was as expected. The first room we were given was still a mess, with a broken sofa bed, still in pieces, window open to the elements, and a general feeling it wasn't supposed to be given to the public. We spoke with reception who gave us a new room which was far better, much cleaner, and tidy. The drawback was the most uncomfortable bed ever constructed, which cause my wife and I to roll into each other in the centre. I woke around 3am and could not sleep again. The location is great, ample parking, and a great Thai place at the top of the hill. If the bed comfort levels were sorted, I would be happy to stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Dear Sir, Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express, Hamilton. I am sorry that the first room was not what either of us would have hoped for, all rooms should be checked and I shall review this with my colleagues who were on duty that day. I am glad that the second room was more favorable, the hotel has an ongoing renew and replace policy, however it would appear that you beat us on this occasion to the room.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"Really pleased with hotel"
We stayed for 2 nights with our children. Lovely hotel with a shopping complex next door. I would definitely go back!
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2014
Sus
"business trip"
Stayed here for two nights, the hotel is basic with a tv that looks like its from the 90's. But for a cheap stay you couldn't ask for more, clean and good location. Worth what I paid
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
anthony
"Good overnight stay"
Really impressed with staff who were very friendly and helpful
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Troy Thank you for the comments on the staff, friendly and helpful is indeed our aim! Regards Mark Calpin General Manager
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
troy
"Nice hotel."
Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable room. Would definately recommend.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
My Family have just had a couple of nights at this Hotel, and can honestly recommend to anyone wanting a decently priced room in Lanarkshire. What made it even more appealing was the free wifi throughout - a nice touch. The Hotel Staff are keen to please, with decent personalities. I am a bit confused to some of the previous reviews, as we never had any reason for concern.... even the free Breakfast was plentiful and covered all tastes.... I suppose you'll always find a moaner. Thanks HIE Hamilton - my family had an excellent stay!
2 night trip Jan 29, 2014
Davy
Food in hotel quite basic but a number of restaurants close by
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
"ideal stop over"
Perfect place to recharge your batteries, clean tidy and very friendly and helpful staff. Will be staying there again.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
disco stu
"Worth staying in"
Clean,well looked after. Staff were very friendly and helpful. No trouble with parking. Close to the centre for all shopping. Breakfast was basic but was included in the price and did the job. Now my fourth visit to the hotel and feel at home.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Jimbo
"Close to M&D theme park"
We were really happy with the look outside and reception area. When we booked for a double bed they gave us single bed. Wireless was not available in our rooms. only in reception. Shared car park along retail park next. we find t difficult to finfd spaces even on a week day. We are ok with room.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Veera
"Nice hotel for overnight stay in Hamilton"
Satisfied overall. Good location, close to shopping plaza and restaurants, also convenient for major transport links. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express: inexpensive and ok for quick stays. Would recommend it to those who have to stay in Hamilton
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
Bek
"Great location and very good service"
Could not fault hotel location, service or cleanliness.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2013
HU
"Poor nights sleep"
I made a last minute booking due to a meeting being scheduled for the next day within the Hamilton area. I travelled from Edinburgh after a very long 13 hour work day. I was assigned a disabled access room so was disappointed this meant I would have to shower on the cold, somewhat unkept tiled floor but as it was last minute and I was exhausted I accepted it for what it was and got on with it. The room was very basic and had a distinctly strong damp/dusty smell to it like it hadn't been used in a long time. The thing I was most disappointed about was my room overlooked the main route to and from Hamilton directly beside a major roundabout. The noise was constant from cars, music from the cars and motorcycles zooming past this was all through the night as you can imagine there was lorries etc travelling this route constantly. I had a very interrupted sleep and was absolutely exhausted the next morning which didn't bode well with myself as I had another long day ahead. To top it off the bed wasn't great so along with the tiredness I suffered some back pain the next day. When checking out I wasn't offered an invoice merely told I didn't owe anything so I was free to leave! Not a great ending to a not so good experience.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2013
"Convenient but staff need to be more attentive"
Friendliness and helpfulness of the staff on arrival made me feel welcome and my room was perfect for me. I don't normally use this hotel chain so was somewhat surprised at the open plan space for clothes. Maybe I just don't like my underwear on display on a shelf (there's nothing wrong with my underwear of course). My room was at the end of a corridor and as such did not have the disruption my daughter had down another corridor - other guests being inconsiderate at 01.30 in the morning and hacking (yes, really!) outside her door at 06.30. I had read other reviews saying that the street noise was annoying but I had the window open and was close to the roundabout and slept very well. The breakfast area was undermanned while I was there 3 overnights with the same poor girl struggling to help so many people. She then had to check me out the morning I left because the reception staff had disappeared for over 5 minutes. I'd stay at this hotel again due to the convenience of the location but it let itself down in my eyes by leaving the reception area unmanned in a morning when people want to check out.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Disappointed in Hamilton!"
The room condition was fine but the double bed & sofa bed were both really uncomfortable! Breakfast experience was a disgrace - no cutlery available, tables left uncleared, food trays etc were left empty, 2 broken coffee machines and only one waiter who was completely stressed out! We were very disappointed!
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Smiths
"Great value poor parking"
Great value for the money. The hotel suited our needs well. The parking on the other hand was less desireable. We had no place to drop off luggage near the entrance and had to park directly adjacent to the hotel in an parking lot 2 grades below the hotel entrance.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Does what it says on the tin"
Ideal for a one night stay before a family gathering. Rooms are prefectly satisfactory and the hotel is what you would expect from a 3* town centre hotel. Although it doesn't have its own car park it has adequate arrangements with the shopping centre next to it.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Folksy
"a good nights sleep"
rooms are spacious but furniture is sparse. Only one chair alright for a couple of nights no wardrobe or drawers to put things away for a longer stay except a hanging rail and a few shelves. Bed was very comfortable Would stay again if in the area breakfast was OK but not great hotel staff very helpful!!!
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
"comfy beds and good rooms"
the only thing wrong was there was no air-con in the rooms and we manage to get there on the hottest days Scotland have had in years.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Ged
"Great hotel but no Air Con"
The hotel was excellent as were the staff. However, the weather was stifling and the rooms don't have AirCon. As a result, I had to have the window open (not that it opens very much) and the noise was dreadful and kept me awake all night as did the heat.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
Manny
"Good value, clean hotel, good service, but noisy."
We had a pleasant one night stay in this hotel, which was clean and well maintained. The only downsides really were the noisy area, and the shared car park from the adjoining retail park. The busy car park made it hard to get our luggage and pushchair to the hotel, although it would have been fine if we didn't have so much to carry. The noisy roundabout next to the hotel made it hard to open the window, which was needed due to the lack of air conditioning in the room and a hot night. But aside from the noise and the busy car park, we had a pleasant stay, good breakfast, and excellent service from the staff.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Close to transport an stores, slightly overpriced"
Although housekeeping forgot to come to our room the first day of our stay, the staff was very helpful and accommodating. We were unhappy to learn that wifi was only available in the lobby, as when we booked it on Expedia it said there was free wifi without any stipulations and we were unwilling to pay for Internet service in our rooms. The location is great with easy access to stores and transport. Overall we thought it was overpriced but a decent place to stay.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"OK could be better"
Very disappointed with breakfast especially when they know its a very busy weekend with lots of rowers in town. Appeared for breakfast at 7.30 to no croissants, no peppermint tea, no fresh fruit and no bacon
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Barney
"Excellent value"
Perfect for a stopover visiting family in the local area. Very well presented. Staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Expensive for an Holiday Inn Express"
Hotel OK but expensive for an H.Inn Express. Parking a little difficult on arrival as you need to park in the public shoppers car park next to hotel but at least its free once registered in hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
"fantastic service"
rooms very clean, suitable for one night stays, but rooms very hot. breakfast lovely, location great
Trip with friends May 23, 2013
sheena
"Holiday Inn Hamilton"
Hotel well located and convenient. However having to complain to manager about noisy guests slamming doors and being a pain at 01-40 I could have done without. Breakfast area not clean, shared table with ants
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Lawmaster
"Good Location"
Enjoyed my stay at this Hotel it is very close to all local amenities, this hotel is very close to the M74 motor with easy access, there are lots of restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance you name its in the area good location with friendly staff a class above other hotels in the area.
5 night business trip Apr 7, 2013
Grinderman
"Ideal for shopping and transport links"
Overall the 2 night stay was good but just disappointed as to the lack of storage space in the room. As we had a wedding to attend and it was nigh on impossible to hang the outfits up in preparation for the event. But I must say we really enjoyed the breakfast excellent choice of varied items to choose from.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2013
Willymakeit
"Such a comfortable place to stay."
Your stay at the hotel was very nice, the staff were so friendly. The accommodation was comfortable and a great breakfast. Will definately return to his hotel on our next visit to Hamilton.
2 night trip Mar 1, 2013
"Everything you need"
Everything you need for an overnight stay. Bed was a bit soft but that be just my preference??
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
Foxy
Good location, beside the shopping center and close to pubs and restaurants.
1 night trip Feb 9, 2013
"Nice but noisy!"
Very good location but road noise from the nearby roundabout was constant , ALL NIGHT, I'm not a light sleeper but this was beyond a joke!!!
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
Jackie
"Great location for visiting family"
We stayed here for three nights whilst visiting friends and family and attending a wedding party. Was perfect for us as ideally located close to Motherwell and easy to get to Glasgow. Adjacent to retail park complex with shops and eateries and even a cinema. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Breakfast was great. Room was spacious, quiet and very clean. Can't fault it really and would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Feb 8, 2013
Rebecca
"Good Hotel"
Used this hotel for 1 overnight before a family event. Great value, rooms were spacious and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was incuded and food was fresh, hot and plentiful.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2013
"Helpful staff and good location"
The standard of the hotel rooms and facilities was very good. I stayed here for work and it was handy to have the shops and restaurants so close by. My only complaint was that the hotel restaurant is closed over weekends and that there was not room service available. I'm sure this would have been noted in the description of facilities, but I hadn't seen it.
10 night business trip Jan 6, 2013
CW
"Pleasant"
We commuted from here to Edinburgh and Glasgow easily. Parking is a pain. You have to use the supermarket carpark. Cheap enough. Good value.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2012
The Gordons
"A great stay."
Overall I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. We were in a family room. Beds were comfortable and all very clean. Staff were pleasant and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was great with a fab selection. Ideal place to stay for shopping in Hamilton and the surrounding areas. We will definitely be using Holiday Inn Express again!
1 night trip Dec 1, 2012
"Great hotel, excellent location"
The hotel is located adjacent to a retail park with free parking available. It is a no-nonsense business hotel, very clean and modern with excellent links to the motorway network. The room was very clean and had everything that we required. Breakfast was included in the rate, although this was a self service meal with little hot food choice. Having said that, it was fine for us.
2 night trip Nov 27, 2012
Norie
thought the hotel was nice , staff very friendly, will return again
1 night trip Nov 3, 2012
j gouck
"Ideal locatio"
Ideal location for us at a family wedding. Clean tidy and staff very helpful
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
the hotel was clean and tidy, good value for your money. The only issue was a night club on the next block was very noise until closing time at 3am.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"As said on the tin"
Close to where we wanted to be. McD's, Edinburgh Zoo and on the road to Blackpool.Carpark handy. Room clean and tidied every day. Could have done with extra pillows. Staff polite and helpfull. Breakfast a little poor, no bacon. All in all very happy with our stay.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Stephen
"Great service and value for money"
Best service I have had from a hotel...ever! Child friendly, comfortable and good value for money.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
"Very comfortable stay"
Absolutely no complaints. The two ladies at reception really tried to make us all as welcome as possible.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
"good times"
i enjoyed my stay at this hotel only thing was that there was a hen night arrived and surounded our room however i went to reception and they moved us to a quieter room great service thanks
Other trip Aug 15, 2012
gail
"Really practical hotel choice"
We picked this hotel because it was close to our planned family days out so it was ideal for that reason. The hotel is clean, modern, friendly - all you would like in a hotel so top marks for that. However, we went during a warm spell (not very hot but hotter than usual). Because there was four of us in a family room the heat became stifling. We couldnt open the window because we were right on the corner practically next to main road so we would have appreciated air conditioning. Apart from that this hotel was ideal for us all.
Family trip Aug 3, 2012
Vi
"good for overnight stay"
very clean and comfortable bedrooms, breakfast completely self service.hotel convenient but impersonal
Other trip Jul 5, 2012
gwen
"hotel stay"
very helpful and efficient staff as we are slightly disabled the lifts were very handy this is our second stay at the hotel and it will not be our last your hotels
Other trip Jun 20, 2012
"Clean, nice, budget hotel"
Hotel is very modern and clean. Is very convenient located just off the motorway. Parking is free next to the hotel. Breakfast was alright but limited choice of cooked items. Good value for money.
Business trip Jun 18, 2012