All hotels in Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom

Good internet service
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Breakfast is average

"Great. Friendly and helpful staff."
Handy for glasgow. Train station is 10 min walk from hotel in centre of hamilton. Staff very helpful and had prepared sofa bed. Free parking restaurant cinema and shops next door. Cooked breakfast limited but perfectly fine. Would recommend.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
family travelle
"Needed access to Glasgow for CWG"
Stayed here during the Commonwealth Games simply as hotel availability in Glasgow was so limited and expensive with all hotels trebling or quadrupling their room rates during the games. Same happened here too of course but it meant a budget hotel like this was the only affordable option (albeit still a rip off price for what was on offer). Only here 3 nights but feel for those from overseas who needed somewhere to stay for the whole 11 days of the games. So then it was a case of finding something within easy access to Glasgow from the east and this ticked the boxes being walkable from the central station and on a good and quick train service into Glasgow Central. While hotel is located on a busy roundabout it has a shopping area with restaurants in walking distance. In fact Hamilton turned out to have a lot on offer. Hotel restaurant is shut on weekends which we only found out about when we arrived. But with restaurants nearby then this was no big deal.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Andy B
"Close to train station"
Polite staff. ok for one night stop. Rooms were good for families needs updating a little but otherwise recommended
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Great staff, terrible beds"
The room smelled of smoke & the beds were old. No air conditioning in the rooms. The staff however were very helpful and the reception areas were comfortable & friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Thank you for your feedback and kind comments on staff being very helpful and friendly. Apologies your non smoking room smelled of smoke. Had we been made aware we would have been happy to move you to a fresher room or offer to freshen your existing room. Most beds in the hotel have been replaced recently, apologies you were allocated a room that has yet to have a bed upgrade. Air conditioning is something that was never considered when the hotel was constructed and is something we are looking to install in the future as even in Scotland it can get warm Mark H
4 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Disappointing for the ExBHI brand"
Bed linen smelt of smoke on 1st night. Breakfast choice very limited for people who wish to eat healthily. Advised only serve food for residents between Mon-Thursday only then to see the hotel serve up choices of starters and main courses for a 'commonwealth team', very disappointing. Wireless is normally free in this brand but for some reason 1 night before the games commenced wifi had to be paid for?? Cleanliness of room also below standard as I found contact lenses on the carpet on night 1 but they were still there on the floor on the fourth day. Great service though from the staff though.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Nice hotel
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
If you want a hotel that provides the sound of intermittant machine gun fire throughout the night this is the hotel for you. Reported to the manager the next morning but he did not seem to believe me. The next night I had the night duty manager up and he confirmed I was not hearing things. Mind you that nights noise was only the sound of a drill (much quiterer than the previous nights machine gun firing). It is believed drilling in the retail outlet below was the cause. Bed not made up either. Unlikely to visit this hotel again.
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Alan
"enjoyable stay"
Hotel ideally located in the town centre, very modern clean hotel, one of the biggest rooms we've stayed in but very bland possibly because we were given a disabled room
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
It was quite noisy at night as our room is facing the roundabout. Breakfast is lack of choices, but staff are friendly. Room is clean, although sofa bed is really uncomfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. Our breakfast choices are dictated by IHG and all Holiday Inn Expresses currently offer the same selection in order to maintain consistency throughout the brand. I did hear that this is being reviewed so we are "watching this space" for an update. We are currently in discussions with the hotel owners to have our sofa beds replaced and your comments should help expedite this. Regards Mark H Deputy Manager
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
good service
2 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great service"
Stayed here before and really pleased with service, room and all at a great price
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"to hot"
I enjoyed my stay at hotel but rooms were very hot most of hotel was hot need to have some air con
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"good location for M&D theme park"
good visit
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Close to all amenities, Good parking facilities. Friendly and efficient staff. Great big room, nice shower. Good breakfast choice
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Doobles
Noisy group (kids) in reception bar area, spoiled the relaxation in the bar, otherwise very good
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Thank you for your review on the hotel - it is good to know that you enjoyed your time with us apart from the disruption caused by some kids in the bar. Kind Regards Mark Calpin General Manager
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Adequate & value for money"
Clean and comfortable rooms however, despite being mild outside the rooms were very stuffy even with the window open. Downside of keeping window open was noise from clubbers from nightclub next door and then the cleaning vehicles in early hours of morning
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Thank you Andy for the feedback on your time with us - I am sorry that your stay was disrupted by external noise and I will ask Jackie, our housekeeper to make sure the rooms are not too stuffy for our guest's arrival. Kind Regards Mark Calpin General Manager
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Andy
I stay in a lot of Holiday inns and from the staff and building point of view it was as expected. The first room we were given was still a mess, with a broken sofa bed, still in pieces, window open to the elements, and a general feeling it wasn't supposed to be given to the public. We spoke with reception who gave us a new room which was far better, much cleaner, and tidy. The drawback was the most uncomfortable bed ever constructed, which cause my wife and I to roll into each other in the centre. I woke around 3am and could not sleep again. The location is great, ample parking, and a great Thai place at the top of the hill. If the bed comfort levels were sorted, I would be happy to stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Dear Sir, Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express, Hamilton. I am sorry that the first room was not what either of us would have hoped for, all rooms should be checked and I shall review this with my colleagues who were on duty that day. I am glad that the second room was more favorable, the hotel has an ongoing renew and replace policy, however it would appear that you beat us on this occasion to the room.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"Really pleased with hotel"
We stayed for 2 nights with our children. Lovely hotel with a shopping complex next door. I would definitely go back!
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2014
Sus
"business trip"
Stayed here for two nights, the hotel is basic with a tv that looks like its from the 90's. But for a cheap stay you couldn't ask for more, clean and good location. Worth what I paid
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
anthony
"Good overnight stay"
Really impressed with staff who were very friendly and helpful
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Troy Thank you for the comments on the staff, friendly and helpful is indeed our aim! Regards Mark Calpin General Manager
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
troy
"Nice hotel."
Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable room. Would definately recommend.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
My Family have just had a couple of nights at this Hotel, and can honestly recommend to anyone wanting a decently priced room in Lanarkshire. What made it even more appealing was the free wifi throughout - a nice touch. The Hotel Staff are keen to please, with decent personalities. I am a bit confused to some of the previous reviews, as we never had any reason for concern.... even the free Breakfast was plentiful and covered all tastes.... I suppose you'll always find a moaner. Thanks HIE Hamilton - my family had an excellent stay!
2 night trip Jan 29, 2014
Davy
Food in hotel quite basic but a number of restaurants close by
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
"ideal stop over"
Perfect place to recharge your batteries, clean tidy and very friendly and helpful staff. Will be staying there again.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
disco stu
"Worth staying in"
Clean,well looked after. Staff were very friendly and helpful. No trouble with parking. Close to the centre for all shopping. Breakfast was basic but was included in the price and did the job. Now my fourth visit to the hotel and feel at home.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Jimbo
"Close to M&D theme park"
We were really happy with the look outside and reception area. When we booked for a double bed they gave us single bed. Wireless was not available in our rooms. only in reception. Shared car park along retail park next. we find t difficult to finfd spaces even on a week day. We are ok with room.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Veera
"Nice hotel for overnight stay in Hamilton"
Satisfied overall. Good location, close to shopping plaza and restaurants, also convenient for major transport links. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express: inexpensive and ok for quick stays. Would recommend it to those who have to stay in Hamilton
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
Bek
"Great location and very good service"
Could not fault hotel location, service or cleanliness.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2013
HU
"Poor nights sleep"
I made a last minute booking due to a meeting being scheduled for the next day within the Hamilton area. I travelled from Edinburgh after a very long 13 hour work day. I was assigned a disabled access room so was disappointed this meant I would have to shower on the cold, somewhat unkept tiled floor but as it was last minute and I was exhausted I accepted it for what it was and got on with it. The room was very basic and had a distinctly strong damp/dusty smell to it like it hadn't been used in a long time. The thing I was most disappointed about was my room overlooked the main route to and from Hamilton directly beside a major roundabout. The noise was constant from cars, music from the cars and motorcycles zooming past this was all through the night as you can imagine there was lorries etc travelling this route constantly. I had a very interrupted sleep and was absolutely exhausted the next morning which didn't bode well with myself as I had another long day ahead. To top it off the bed wasn't great so along with the tiredness I suffered some back pain the next day. When checking out I wasn't offered an invoice merely told I didn't owe anything so I was free to leave! Not a great ending to a not so good experience.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2013
"Convenient but staff need to be more attentive"
Friendliness and helpfulness of the staff on arrival made me feel welcome and my room was perfect for me. I don't normally use this hotel chain so was somewhat surprised at the open plan space for clothes. Maybe I just don't like my underwear on display on a shelf (there's nothing wrong with my underwear of course). My room was at the end of a corridor and as such did not have the disruption my daughter had down another corridor - other guests being inconsiderate at 01.30 in the morning and hacking (yes, really!) outside her door at 06.30. I had read other reviews saying that the street noise was annoying but I had the window open and was close to the roundabout and slept very well. The breakfast area was undermanned while I was there 3 overnights with the same poor girl struggling to help so many people. She then had to check me out the morning I left because the reception staff had disappeared for over 5 minutes. I'd stay at this hotel again due to the convenience of the location but it let itself down in my eyes by leaving the reception area unmanned in a morning when people want to check out.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Disappointed in Hamilton!"
The room condition was fine but the double bed & sofa bed were both really uncomfortable! Breakfast experience was a disgrace - no cutlery available, tables left uncleared, food trays etc were left empty, 2 broken coffee machines and only one waiter who was completely stressed out! We were very disappointed!
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Smiths
"Great value poor parking"
Great value for the money. The hotel suited our needs well. The parking on the other hand was less desireable. We had no place to drop off luggage near the entrance and had to park directly adjacent to the hotel in an parking lot 2 grades below the hotel entrance.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Does what it says on the tin"
Ideal for a one night stay before a family gathering. Rooms are prefectly satisfactory and the hotel is what you would expect from a 3* town centre hotel. Although it doesn't have its own car park it has adequate arrangements with the shopping centre next to it.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Folksy
"a good nights sleep"
rooms are spacious but furniture is sparse. Only one chair alright for a couple of nights no wardrobe or drawers to put things away for a longer stay except a hanging rail and a few shelves. Bed was very comfortable Would stay again if in the area breakfast was OK but not great hotel staff very helpful!!!
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
"comfy beds and good rooms"
the only thing wrong was there was no air-con in the rooms and we manage to get there on the hottest days Scotland have had in years.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Ged
"Great hotel but no Air Con"
The hotel was excellent as were the staff. However, the weather was stifling and the rooms don't have AirCon. As a result, I had to have the window open (not that it opens very much) and the noise was dreadful and kept me awake all night as did the heat.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
Manny
"Good value, clean hotel, good service, but noisy."
We had a pleasant one night stay in this hotel, which was clean and well maintained. The only downsides really were the noisy area, and the shared car park from the adjoining retail park. The busy car park made it hard to get our luggage and pushchair to the hotel, although it would have been fine if we didn't have so much to carry. The noisy roundabout next to the hotel made it hard to open the window, which was needed due to the lack of air conditioning in the room and a hot night. But aside from the noise and the busy car park, we had a pleasant stay, good breakfast, and excellent service from the staff.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Close to transport an stores, slightly overpriced"
Although housekeeping forgot to come to our room the first day of our stay, the staff was very helpful and accommodating. We were unhappy to learn that wifi was only available in the lobby, as when we booked it on Expedia it said there was free wifi without any stipulations and we were unwilling to pay for Internet service in our rooms. The location is great with easy access to stores and transport. Overall we thought it was overpriced but a decent place to stay.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"OK could be better"
Very disappointed with breakfast especially when they know its a very busy weekend with lots of rowers in town. Appeared for breakfast at 7.30 to no croissants, no peppermint tea, no fresh fruit and no bacon
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Barney
"Excellent value"
Perfect for a stopover visiting family in the local area. Very well presented. Staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Expensive for an Holiday Inn Express"
Hotel OK but expensive for an H.Inn Express. Parking a little difficult on arrival as you need to park in the public shoppers car park next to hotel but at least its free once registered in hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
"fantastic service"
rooms very clean, suitable for one night stays, but rooms very hot. breakfast lovely, location great
Trip with friends May 23, 2013
sheena
"Holiday Inn Hamilton"
Hotel well located and convenient. However having to complain to manager about noisy guests slamming doors and being a pain at 01-40 I could have done without. Breakfast area not clean, shared table with ants
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Lawmaster
"Good Location"
Enjoyed my stay at this Hotel it is very close to all local amenities, this hotel is very close to the M74 motor with easy access, there are lots of restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance you name its in the area good location with friendly staff a class above other hotels in the area.
5 night business trip Apr 7, 2013
Grinderman
"Ideal for shopping and transport links"
Overall the 2 night stay was good but just disappointed as to the lack of storage space in the room. As we had a wedding to attend and it was nigh on impossible to hang the outfits up in preparation for the event. But I must say we really enjoyed the breakfast excellent choice of varied items to choose from.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2013
Willymakeit
"Such a comfortable place to stay."
Your stay at the hotel was very nice, the staff were so friendly. The accommodation was comfortable and a great breakfast. Will definately return to his hotel on our next visit to Hamilton.
2 night trip Mar 1, 2013
"Everything you need"
Everything you need for an overnight stay. Bed was a bit soft but that be just my preference??
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
Foxy
Good location, beside the shopping center and close to pubs and restaurants.
1 night trip Feb 9, 2013
"Nice but noisy!"
Very good location but road noise from the nearby roundabout was constant , ALL NIGHT, I'm not a light sleeper but this was beyond a joke!!!
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
Jackie
"Great location for visiting family"
We stayed here for three nights whilst visiting friends and family and attending a wedding party. Was perfect for us as ideally located close to Motherwell and easy to get to Glasgow. Adjacent to retail park complex with shops and eateries and even a cinema. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Breakfast was great. Room was spacious, quiet and very clean. Can't fault it really and would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Feb 8, 2013