All hotels in Winchester, Virginia, United States of America
333 Front Royal Pike, Winchester, VA, 22602, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

4.8
"poor hospitality"
Actually, the staff was mostly friendly and helpful. Where they failed was in the breakfast deal, which, when we booked, was listed as free. Turned out this was a mistake in the listing. This ends up being a dispute between the property and hotels.com, but where the hotel staff failed is by trying to make it the guests' problem. They provided a coupon for a certain amount of credit toward breakfast, which meant that the guest still ended up paying something. Which is fine (it was a good breakfast, eggs and bacon), but what was annoying was their constantly reminding us that this shouldn't be free, making us feel guilty and - here's the key - unwelcome. Poor hospitality. Other than that, the room is not much, walls are poorly sound insulated - a child crying next door at 3 a.m. sounded like it was in our room - and you could hear all conversations. There's also a small-plane airport nearby, with the planes taking off directly over the hotel. So bring your earplugs, and breakfast ain’t free.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
phil l
"Not what I booked, not really breakfast."
New hotel, modern, bright, short distance from exit. Booked a two bed room for family, found a single king when we got to the room. Good bed though. No shampoo, got used to having that at any hotel. The "breakfast" is a coupon for $10 credit on breakfast area the next morning only. Couldn't be bothered with whatever mess that was, got Dunkin Donuts on the hop back to the highway.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Good location for the annual Yard Crawl Yard Sales"
NO surprises No problems Everything as it should be
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Really a nice, clean hotel. Very good value. We would recommend.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Sharon, Thank you very much for your generous recommendation. Having earned recommendation from our guests is truly our fulfillment. We will continue to strive for excellence in order to consistently provide you the quality of services you enjoyed during your stay. We are glad that we have met your satisfaction on the quality of clean, services and value. We hope to have you again in the near future.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
sharon
"Great experience for the price"
We enjoyed our stay. Nice beds, clean rooms and convenient location. Would stay there again in Winchester.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. Dave, I am glad that we have met your satisfaction during your recent stay in our hotel. Thank you for taking time in sharing your experience with us and for taking note of our effort to provide you value services. Your satisfaction completes our business. We look forward to the next opportunity of serving you again soon.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great experience"
Staff was great hotel and rooms were clean and very accommodating with the bar restaurant and pool. Highly recommended.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Stan, On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for completing the survey for our hotel and for giving us the most rewarding feedback score. We will continue on working very closely to maintain the quality of accommodation, cleanliness and efficiency you enjoyed during your stay. We hope you will come stay with us again the next time you are in town.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
stan
"Plumbing issues"
We were traveling with family and this was just our overnight stop. We had adjoining rooms, which was a good thing. The toilet in our room didn't work when we checked in. The front desk clerk plunged it, but it was still not working well, so we agreed to use the adjoining room until maintenance came the next day. During the night, the toilet in the adjoining room quit working as well. We think maybe they had installed a poor quality toilet in the rooms and that was the real issue. Staff were courteous, room was clean, bed was comfortable. They give you $20 toward the $10/person breakfast buffet. Food was better than continental, but not great.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mazoo, Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience on the plumbing problem you faced during your stay with us. Trust that I will submit your review to our management so that this problem will be resolved immediately to avoid causing further discomfort. We appreciate your time in bringing your concern to our attention, thank you very much. I just hope you will accord us another chance to offer you better services in the future.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Mazoo
"Nice, clean rooms but some staff could be better."
Rooms are great but when arrived there was no one to greet us until one of the staff looked like they left what they were doing to help us. She was friendly, however. The next morning my husband went down to pick up breakfast (we had the breakfast package with a $20 allowance on card) and when he asked for some food to go the attendant acted very put out that he wasn't sitting down that she made him uncomfortable enough to just give her the card and go but hardly got anything. No condiments, no beverages just two plain bagels untoasted, a banana, and a tiny muffin with a little sausage and hash brown. We had to stop at macdonalds after we left hotel because nothing was good as is but the sausge and hash brown. Very dissapointed when leaving and slightly ticked. We had to get on the road so did not have time to talk to management.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Carrie, I apologize for the unpleasant experience you faced during your stay about the quality of customer service. Please know that your concerns will not go unnoticed as I will accelerate this matter for evaluation in order to address accordingly. Please know that we are committed to providing our guests excellent service. Please allow us to make amends and make sure your next stay will be far better than the last time. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Carrie Ann
Great, had some problem with front desk!
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. James. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. I hope you would respond and let us know the issue you had with our front desk staff so that our management could address your concern accordingly. Thank you very much for your business and please know that your satisfaction is important to us.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
James Miker
This hotel was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Thank you!
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Jill, Thank you for your very kind words for our hotel. Your satisfaction completes our business and we will always do our best to provide you the kind of service you deserve for trusting to stay with us.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Jill
"No more hotels.com"
Hotels.com over booked this hotel. I specified 2 beds and only a room with 1 bed was available for my wife and I and her mother. I will never use hotels.com again!
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. Charlie, Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming in ensuring your preference is reserved for you. We will make sure this confusion will not happen again in the future. Thank you very much for your business.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Charlie
"Excellent stay,"
I stayed for two nights (7/18-7/19/2014). They have very good staff specially in cafeteria. They are very humble and respectful. One thing I like is kid eat free here if you buy 1 adult breakfast. I will give 5 star for this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. Jay, Thank you very much for the opportunity of having your business. We are truly humbled by your kind words for our hotel and for taking note of your satisfaction of our customer service. We hope you will come and stay with us again and allow us to serve your next breakfast.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Jay
"Exceptional Hotel for the price"
Easy to get to, rooms very nice, very clean. Plenty of restaurants, shopping right nearby and things to see in Winchester. We loved it! Will stay again if the trip calls for a stay-over in the area. Recommended*****.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello, Thank you very much for your time in completing the survey for our hotel and for giving us the most rewarding feedback score. We are grateful to have provided you convenience and comfortable place to stay during your visit in Williams. Your recommendation truly warms our hearts. Indeed, we look forward to serving you again soon.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
CC,CC & Kiddos
"All but the beds"
This would be a five-star rating if it weren't for the beds. Everything else was lovely but I still have two bruises from the box in-which the mattress is placed. The mattress is fine, but it is surrounded by what feels like 2x4s. Any movement in the middle of the night can result in a bruised knee. And this is not below the mattress; the mattress actually sits in these hard boxes. Just be careful. Otherwise it is a lovely, modern hotel with good amenities.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Kellie, Thank you for bringing to our attention your concerns about the bed. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced, I will accelerate your feedback so that the bed frames will be checked and remedied to avoid further inconvenience. Thank you for the positive feedback score. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Kellie
Clean and comfortable. Easy access to highway and Winchester downtown.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello, Thank you very much for your business and for your time in completing the online survey for our hotel. I am pleased to know we have sufficed your expectations during your stay on the quality of clean and comfort in the room we assigned to you. Your positive feedback will truly inspire our team to continue on working very closely to provide our guests quality services all the time. We hope to have you again soon.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Quite satisfactory"
The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and spacious, the noise was minimal and we didn't care that there was no complimentary breakfast since that gave us a chance to eat at our favorite Waffle House down the road. Access to and from the hotel was easy and it was not difficult to find. You could do worse.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. John Robinson, It is rewarding to know that we have met your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking note of your satisfaction on the quality of clean in the room and its being spacious and accessible. We hope to have you again soon.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
John Robinson
"wonderful Winchester, Va."
Checked in and was well accepted. Young girl was extremely nice and friendly. Hotel was very clean, and lit up and looked brand new, but was 6 years old. Must have great care. Checked in late so got appitizers for a snack and a drink, and was very good.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello, Please know that your positive feedback for our hotel is truly rewarding for us. Thank you for for taking note of our effort to provide you and all of other guests clean room, pleasant customer service and inviting place to stay after a long drive. We hope to have you again soon.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Good location, nice room floor plan"
Perfect, not far from beach, historic area, plantations.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello, Thank you very much for choosing to stay in our hotel. Your satisfaction brings us fulfillment and will always stay on top of our priorities. Please know that we value your business and serving you will always be a pleasure.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Good Deal"
This is a great place - clean, friendly and economical. The breakfast room was cool - good air-conditioning! There is no elevator so some people might need to make sure they have a ground floor room.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Pat, Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and for your positive feedback for the quality of accommodation we have provided during your stay. I will submit your concern about the issue of not having elevator, I am sure our management will carefully look into the matter to address your concern appropriately. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Pat
"Great Hotel to stop on a long car trip."
Indoor pool smell will hit you like a ton of bricks in the lobby. But we stayed here while driving to the OBX, and it was acceptable.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello, Thank you very much for the opportunity of providing your lodging needs after your long trip. Please know that we appreciate candid reviews from our guests as it help us identify aspects we need to improve to provide better and improved services every time. I hope you will come stay with us again in the future and let us serve you better.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Staying in Winchester, VA"
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay here. The hotel was easy to locate and has convenient access into downtown historic Winchester. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was helpful. The one drawback for me is the bathrooms do not have ventilation/exhaust fans -- something that surprised me for a hotel of this caliber. That's why I can't give it 5 stars overall.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. Eric Michael, Please know that we appreciate your candid comment on our shortcomings. Your complete satisfaction is our goal to provide and as such, I will bring your concern about the lack of exhaust in the bathroom to our management. I assure you that they will look closely into this matter and will be addressed accordingly.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Eric Michael
"Used to serve free breakfast"
Did Holiday Inn Express stopped serving breakfast? In the past, we usually stay at Holiday Inn Express due to great breakfast foods. Now they have stopped serving and that will impact us. (Thus lowering the overall rating)
1 night trip May 21, 2014
"New looking hotel"
This is a newer hotel and does not try to be too fancy. Towels are average not luxurious. Bedding was good with I think a memory foam mattress and fluffy pillows. The handle to the bathroom door in my room was loose and flopping around. You would think the maid would have noticed. Lobby area was bright and clean. Parking was plentiful.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Mr. Dennis P., Thank you for taking note of our effort to provide you comfortable stay. I will accelerate your comment on the bathroom door handle, thank you once again for bringing the matter to our attention. Please know that we are committed to provide our guests with great customer service experience and comfortable stay at all times.
1 night business trip May 13, 2014
DennisP
"Tyler,TX Crew"
Great Hotel, Great food and Service!
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello LDH, Thank you for letting us know we have met your expectations during your recent stay with us. Your generous 5 star rating for our hotel is truly rewarding and will always be an inspiration to us to stay focus in our goal for excellence. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.
3 night trip May 11, 2014
LDH
"Good location."
Nice hotel, very good location to I-85, food and downtown. Have stayed here several times and will continue to stay here when in the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Thank you for your continuous loyalty in choosing Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway as your primary choice of hotel during your trips. Please know that your patronage is very much appreciated and we sincerely look forward to providing you again with another 5 star experience!
2 night business trip May 1, 2014
"Business Trip"
Nice hotel, great location to food, downtown and I-81.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Whether you’re travelling for business or leisure, our team is truly dedicated to providing the best of what Holiday Inn Winchester can offer to its most valuable guests. We sincerely hope that you have found our accommodations and services to your liking. Thank you again for choosing to stay at our hotel during your business trip. We look forward for another opportunity to provide you with a 5 star experience!
2 night trip May 3, 2014
"great stay!"
We always stay here when visiting family in Winchester. The staff is friendly, the room have plenty of space and the beds are super comfortable. I highly recommend.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Judy H., I am very glad that we have satisfied your lodging needs during your recent stay. Please know that your satisfaction is extremely important to us for giving us your business and will always be on top of our priority. Thank you for choosing to stay in Holiday Inn.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Judy H.
"Nice Place to stay."
We enjoyed our one night stay. Very clean and appeared newer. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good.Sfaff very friendly and helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Please know that we truly appreciate your time in giving us your feedback and rating. On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for giving us your business and the opportunity to offer you our services. I hope you will visit us again soon.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"On the road."
Good clean place to stay on the road. Food at resturant good.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Anne, I am truly pleased to know that you find our hotel a good place to stay during your recent travel. I hope you will let us accommodate you again on your next trip.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Anne
Front desk staff was very friendly upon check in and check out. Our room was very clean and quiet. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Thank you for making Holiday Inn your choice of hotel. I am very glad that we have sufficed your expectations and you were comfortable during your tay with us. I look forward to your next visit soon.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2013
Very comfortable, clean and accommodating! Thought the price was high for the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Hello Miss Cathy, Thank you for your candid comment on our price. I will accelerate this for evaluation in order to address accordingly, Nevertheless, I am glad that you were comfortable during your stay. I hope you will come visit us again soon and allow us to offer you best value services.
2 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Cathy
"Very Nice"
It was a very nice, clean and quite hotel. I will stay again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 11, 2013
"Nice, Clean Hotel"
We stayed here for one night. It is a good option for a typical hotel. It is clean and the staff was nice. The location is a bit away from the old downtown but there are restaurants and stores close by.
Response by Holiday Inn Winchester Se-Historic Gateway
Thank you very much for your positive feedaback for our hotel and for taking note of your satisfaction for the services we have provided during your stay. Your comments brings motivation for our team to stay on top of our goal. We value your business.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
The room was very clean, but the commode had a problem with the chain that hooks the handle to the stopper. They did come and fix it quickly, but it broke again. Luckily we knew what to do rather than have someone keep coming up, but they couldn't give us a discount the next morning because we were registered through Hotels.com. I thought the price of the room was a little high without a breakfast being included, but the desk staff were very informative about local restaurants, directions, etc. We would stay there again only if there weren't another hotel close by where we like to stay that is cheaper.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"great room, bad breakfast"
The hotel staff and rooms were excellent. However when we came down for the hot breakfast the next morning. It was a full ten minutes before we saw a waitress. And then only because we waived her down. Once we got our drinks. That was the last time we saw the waitress at our table.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
Julian
"Close to. Town"
Staff very helpful
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
cathy
"Pleasant Surprise"
So much more than expected! This was a last minute booking while on the road. Great facility. The rooms were of a 4 start caliber. Hotel/Bar although plain, served good food and was a friendly environment. 24x7 convenience store was ready for any forgotten item* or late night snack. *being in the medical field I am amazed that any Hotel shop (complete with OTC medicines), not carry condoms. Just an observation.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Leon
"Staff - Great! Rooms too small but, Fresh"
I was surprised that the rooms were so small. Loved he caring and attentive staff. The rooms were well maintained and had a nice Fresh feeling.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Theresa
"very pleasant"
nothing to complain about. Restaurant food was rather good, pool was small but nice. Clean room, comfy beds
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
gary
"Very nice hotel stay."
All was great except the coffee in the lobby. Yuk. Very happy otherwise.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
Dave B
EXCELLENT & Staff were fabulous! Wonderful Hotel!
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"couldn't be better"
I hope we'll stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Beth
"Nice hotel. Easy to access. Friendly staff."
It was after a long drive. The front office staff were warm and enthusiastic in helping. As soon as I mentioned my last name, I had my key and otther documents handed to me. No delay at front desk. Breakfast was great.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
kujo
"Great trip - great hotel!"
I'm really happy with this hotel. We had a corner room that was quiet and comfortable. Everything in the room was in nice condition and worked well. Nice soaps and Bath & Body Works products in the bathroom. We took advantage of dining at the restaurant for breakfast each morning. This is a great location for seeing the sites: Patsy Cline is buried just down the road; the Old Towne historic district is a short drive away; there are several caverns to see. If you travel further south to Huntly you will be in the heart of Virginia wine country - I highly recommend a stop at Rappahannock Cellars.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Pk
Very clean and comfortable. Quick stay...arrived late, left early.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Great comfort, friendly staff"
Warm welcome from the reception, got a nice and large corner room with a wonderful king bed, desk and large walk-in shower. Large selection of tv channels, great option with pillow choices (hard/soft). Breakfast included, you get coupons, is excellent - buffet style with a nice selection. The staff in the breakfast restaurant is absolutely great, very friendly. Only negative: small pool.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
Bek
"Great hotel, but not in the Center of Life"
The hotel was spotless. Clean, good service, great breakfast buffet, clean pool, we enjoyed it a lot. Only problem was that you are a little bit off from the Downtown area, restaurants, etc. You need a DD to get around, but all the rest was fine.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Clean, Comfortable, Close to I-81"
Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. The only issue we had was that the room was adjacent to the laundry room and it was quite noisy with the sounds of the machines spinning at 6 am.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Syl
"Poor service"
Dissatisfied with the staff. All were rude. No one wanted to deal with our complaints from the people next door. Would not go back.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Great location near Shenandoah Summer Theater"
This was terrific for one night. Very clean and pleasant. Both firm and soft pillows from which to choose. Excellent television picture quality. Free Wifi. The shower was very nice. Breakfast was not included, but there was complimentary coffee in the lobby. Staff were very sweet. Wish we had time to use the indoor pool, it looked very inviting. Mostly, we appreciated being only five minutes from the Shenandoah Summer Theater.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013