All hotels in Stephens City, Virginia, United States of America
111 Hospitality DriveStephens CityVA22630United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Awesome vibe
    Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
It is a good location for the Skyline Drive. Nice staff. Bathroom was fine but wish there was a sink off the bathroom.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Nice and quite hotel with fantastic view."
Positive experience regarding the staff, very helpfull.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Jens
"Bring your own towels!"
The room was fine, but the towels are horrible. They are tiny and rough, and there is no air circulation, so your towels will NOT dry in-between uses. If you are staying more than 1 day, be sure to bring or request extra towels. If you plan on using the pool, then bring your own towels there too. The ones provided in the pool area are itsy bitsy and do not absorb any water. I had to use 3 towels just to "dry" off enough to go back to my room. (And I am a very small-framed individual, my husband had to use 4, by 4 year old 2 towels.)
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Outstanding, would stay there again."
Large, clean room. Comfortable beds. Outstanding breakfast and dinner.
4 night trip Aug 26, 2014
KD
"I WOULD HAVE GIVEN ALL 5 STAR BUT..."
Stayed here because there were not many good hotels close to Skyline Drive. Pretty much you had to pick a cheap 1 star hotel or pay nearly double for a 3 star or more hotel. I figured we were only staying 1 night so I went to the nicer one. When you 1st walked in there is a BEAUTIFUL stone fireplace! A place you can get hot fresh coffee. The view of the golf course was very nice. The receptionist at the front desk very nice and checked us in without hassle. I did ask her to please don't give us a room next to a large family or were there is a lot of noise because I was a very light sleeper. She said it was a very quiet hotel and she gave us a room away from the elevators. She was right it was very quiet UNTIL!!! 6AM IN THE MORNING WHEN THE FIRE ALAMRT WENT OFF!!! My husband a firemen kept telling me we had to go outside NOW! I'm hurrying as fast as I can, went to open the door and the alarm went off!! Of course I wasn't going back to sleep. Called the front desk and found out it was the hotel's restaurant Houlihan's. In came the fire dept. They are hooked up to the same alarm system. So we went down to get breakfast and again the alarm went off again while we were waiting for our food! Again the fire dept. showed up! You would think you would at least get a free or discount breakfast for all the inconvenience! All we got was a headache!
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Jackie
"close to skyline drive"
We have stayed at this hotel before and knew that it had everything we look for when we are away from home.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Great place!"
Very clean and new hotel with welcoming and friendly staff. The rooms are extremly spacious! You can get breakfast either in the adjusted restaurant or at places in the neighborhood.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Very understaffed"
We stayed there on a Saturday night. There was one person on staff, and he was at the reception desk. When we asked for bedding for the pull-out bed for our child, he said that he would get to it when he could as he was the only person at the hotel. It took hours to get the sheets and blanket. We had expected more for the price. The receptionist did give us a breakfast credit in apology.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
We stayed in Front Royal to hook up with old friends at the Warren County Fair. The hotel was beautiful. The restaurant food was great, and it was nice not having to leave the hotel for a good meal. The pool was nice and relaxing. The best part of our experience was the staff. They were friendly and very helpful. We would definately stay here again and recommend to friends.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
Great place to start a tour of Shennandoah National Park. Our room was large, clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
HH
"Beautiful hotel, great views"
This is a new hotel - very clean and comfortable, excellent facilities. Beautiful views of either the golf course or nearby mountains. Close to shopping (Walmart, Target) and restaurants. The staff is very friendly. The extra large suites are perfect for families - there's a small living area, where the kids can sleep, and a separate bedroom as well as a large bathroom. I travel to Front Royal frequently as my daughter attends boarding school there; I always stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Sheryl
"Pleasant experience!"
Staff was very pleasant, room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel also had restaurant that provided an excellent dining experience.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
brooks
"Clean / Like new / Friendly"
Very clean; friendly, like new. Totally satisfied. Friendly staff.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Joe A.
"Quick stay"
This was a perfect place to stay before heading into skyline drive!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"More than expected"
Just needed accommodations for one night, wish we could have stayed longer. My niece really enjoyed the pool. Also the food service at Houlihans was terrific.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Beth
"very nice"
Lower level room .. all was great ...but elevator slipped peak hrs
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2014
"wonderful hotel, comfortable and clean"
We stay here every time we visit Front Royal. Great hotel, best in the area!
3 night trip Jun 7, 2014
urcinnamongirl
"Pay for Breakfast/ No Refunds"
I was told immediately that I would have to pay for breakfast. I hadn't had time to complete checking in. Really??? I'm not going to say much about that other than my Rolls Royce was parked in front of the entrance to unload our luggage. I erroneously made a duplicate reservation for the same night at the same hotel and was told I would not receive a refund. Really??? Nice. Real, real nice
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
Steven Casley
"Golf"
Great
1 night trip May 18, 2014
robbie
the only issue was the on and off again air conditioning; very noisy
2 night trip May 9, 2014
geoffrey
"Affordable and comfortable Hotel in Front Royal"
The room was comfortable. The hotel and service was fine. However, the breakfast next door connected Houlihan's restaurant was very disappointing. We were a group of five, all selecting to eat the breakfast buffet instead of ordering off the menu. The food was cold and tasteless and overpriced and the service was lousy. I recommend to future guests to order off the menu.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
gpindc
"Newer Hotel. Good choice"
Very clean and up to date. Rooms are large and comfortable. Nice quiet setting with easy parking.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Big glass job in Virginia"
It was excellent. Thanks.
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
"clean, good restaurant on site"
We didn't get the room we booked, but overall the hotel was a good fit for us.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"Comfy bed!"
Best compliment I can give is that our king sized bed was very comfy! Quality linens and pillows. Room and bathroom were very clean. Seemed to be a rather new building. Houlihans restaurant and bar next door were fun and convenient!
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Decent if expensive"
Very new hotel. Much less expensive options exist in FR.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Easy access and a well kept property"
Holiday Inn and Suites Front Royal was a very clean, well run hotel that I would recommend to anyone visiting the area. It was situated very close to the attractions my two sons and myself had booked and the pool area inside was a welcome addition to anyone with kids. The people at the front desk were very informative with the surrounding area and answered all my questions. I would definitely come back.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
"No complaints!"
Great hotel
2 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
pallavi
"New very nice property - easy to find and locate"
Room 324 window overlooked a chiller condenser. Extremely noisy. Dont take this room
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"A little way out of Front Royal"
Very good accommodation. Just a little way out of town, so easiest option was to eat at adjacent Houlihans restaurant, which was very good. Check out could have been quicker.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
Peggy
"Easy to find"
everyone was very courteous and helpful. Excellent service and the food at next door was very good.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Travelers
"A real Inn"
The hotel was great as was the food!!
3 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"great hotel"
Love this Holiday Inn. Stay here whenever I am in Front Royal. Nice rooms. Houlihans Restaurant downstairs is a great place to eat or have a drink.
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"Lauren and Kyle's wedding"
We were very pleased with the hotel, staff, and its location. It was only 10 miles from the event we attended. It also allowed us to visit with other family in the area. Overall, a very nice relaxing stay for 2 days which allowed us to rest and enjoy the morning breakfast each day, then travel home on Sunday.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Bob S
Excellent and the Houlihan's restaurant was fabulous! Great place to get away and relax!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"good quality"
for an overnight stay it was fine. we were on the fourth floor and there was damage to all the wall paper from a broker sprinkler pipe, i felt like we were staying in a dive. given that we were not told about the damage before or after our checkin, i was dismayed. the hallway carpet had a slight "wet" smell to it but the room was fine. i will not stay there again until the damage has been repaired, then i may be back.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
chris ford
"Great for Overnight Business Stay"
Slept well, did not have to leave for dinner, which is a plus after driving all day. Quiet and comfortable.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
Catherine
The hotel was very clean, the room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant that is attached was awesome. Great food, great prices.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Lora
Unfortunately there was no hot water for a shower. I let the water run for several minutes, turned to the highest setting in the sink and shower just to get warm water. I have no problem at all paying that much for a room but I should at least be able to take a hot shower. I didn't have time to go through a room change the next morning. I hope it's fixed for the next customer. Otherwise, a nice hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Very happy with hotel. Need a more knowledgeable person at check in, they did not tell us where anything was and overcharged us on our room. They fixed the problem it was just frustrating.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
This the second time we stayed at this hotel, it was very good stay.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"Perfectly pleased!"
This is a geat hotel. Confortable, clean, nicely appointed and a friendly staff, we stayed 3 nights and couldn't be happier. The restaurant food was top notch. I highly recommend this hotel as your choice.
3 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Kathi
"Nice hotel w/ beautiful view of golf course"
Overall it was beautiful.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
K♡D
"Great hotel but don't go at Thanksgiving."
I was travelling over Thanksgiving and saw this beautiful hotel on Expedia and the restaurant looked first class so I booked the room. Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed. I sure which that would have been posted on the website.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Barry
"Comfortable and convenient"
An oasis in the night. Everything was great about this hotel: the location, room size and cleanliness, We truly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay here again ...
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"PEACEFUL MOUNTAIN VIEW with awesome service!"
Our stay in Front Royal was exceptional. The room was immaculate and comfortable. The golf course/mountain view was impressive and soothing. We felt pampered and appreciated! We especially enjoyed the beautiful pool and spa with the quiet sundeck, which we had all to ourselves. The staff was eager to please and very upbeat. Compared to our stay at the Bavarian Inn ,in the days after Front Royal, we were definitely impressed with the lovely Holiday Inn. Also, Houlihan's had a fun vibe and was definitely convenient. We are already planning our stay next Fall!! Kudos to Holiday Inn Front Royal, you won't be disappointed. One additional reading lamp next to the bed would have made the room comfort 5 stars. Otherwise, this hotel is everything you could ask for
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Very Nice!"
Enjoyed the free coffee in the lobby and the pool/hot tub was very nice. The hotel was clean and nice, the suite was spacious. Bed and pillows comfy. I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Stayed here because of it proximity to Shenandoah NP and Hollywood Casino. Location was perfect for both. Clean hotel...wonderful pool and spa. Overlooked a golf course... I don't play, but if you do, this would be your place for sure.
3 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
"Family friendly get-away!"
We chose to stay here for our family get-away to Luray Caverns, as we didn't want to stay in the poorly-rated "motels" that were closer to the caverns. This place was clean, comfortable, and family friendly. The kids loved the indoor pool. We highly recommend.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
Monica
"Very Clean, Not so Comfortable"
Stayed here twice on the way to vacation and on the way home. Both times the hotel was very clean. Staff was pleasant as well. The beds were not overly comfortable however and the thermostat had no fan option, so either I had to turn the air on and it was freezing or I had to leave everything off and it got hot and stuffy. I was also very disappointed that in a hotel that was clearly not filled to capacity they gave us the room directly next to the elevators so that we could hear every conversation being held while people waited and also the noise of the elevator was annoying. I'm sure they would have switched our room, but after getting into my pajamas and settled in, I wasn't in the mood to re-dress and switch rooms for just one night. My thoughts are they should only fill that room when it's the only one left. All being said, I would rather stay in a very clean room even if it isn't the most comfortable, and clean it was.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013