All hotels in Kilkenny, Ireland

"Great getaway, but mostly for native Irish"
The hotel is great, I will not try to debate that. However, being an American looking for an Irish vacation, I am not sure I found that here. There is a lot to do and the scenery is top notch but I would have liked a more Irish experience. Hopefully this does not come off offensive but we had a nice dinner at "La Perla" and I found it to be rather bad. It was a French take on irish food that seemed to miss the mark on both fronts being neither irish nor french (aside from the price). With that said, the staff is great, my wife said the spa was nice, the movie theater was fun, the pool looked ok (a children's swimming class was taking place preventing our use of it). The beds are very comfortable with great sheets. The restrooms was great as well with nice shower and tub. So top marks for this hotel but seemed more like a getaway for people in ireland than for tourists looking for an irish holiday. Would definitely book here again regardless. I can always go down the road to get my coddle if I needed to.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
james
I would highly recommend this hotel.the room was spotless.We just stayed for one night bed and breakfast as we attended a wedding there. The meal was lovely.We had a room in the new section but saw a room in the house it was wonderful.We did get an opportunity to use spa but heard good reports from others.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Not a resort"
This is not a country resort. It is a comfortable conference hotel, but not a 5-star resort. The hotel website showcases a beautiful manor house exterior, but in reality this is a very modern hotel built off of a manor house. There are some oddities. A bar that was supposed to be open but was never staffed, a serious lack of customer service, with the exception of the two people working the front desk who were both charming and accommodating. Overall, this hotel begins as one thing and ends up as something else. If you are looking for charming or quaint or romantic, look elsewhere. If you want hip and busy, go for it.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
sanphx
The staff were mosly friendly, the room was comfortable and we had a lovely dinner in Yindees but a number of things made this a less than 5 star experience. For example, at lunch the smell of cooking fish in the bar was very unpleasant and the food was lacking in taste and quality. Also, we abandoned our walk around the grounds as the very high grass and nettles along the sides of the path meant it was not enjoyable. Finally, the gentleman who led us to our table at breakfast seemed impatient and disinterested and failed to bring me the gluten free toast I requested. Overall, not significant complaints but enough to turn this into a 3 star experience at best - quite disappointing.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"A bit outdated but lovely none-the-less"
This is a lovely luxurious hotel. Unfortunately it is slightly tired and in need of an update. Old CRT TVs in the bedrooms connected to sky boxes with fuzzy pictures and auto standby functions turning them off mid-program is not expected in hotels of this standard. Other minor blemishes such as knocks to bathroom cabinets also took the edge off an otherwise very nice and plush hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Brad
We were delighted with the quality of the hotel- we could find no weakness whatsoever.We found every memmber of staff set out to make our stay a memorable one and would and have already recommended the stay to many people.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Luxury in Killkenny"
This hotel is a gem, beautiful grounds, excellent service and very comfortable rooms. Loved the spa/pool and the hawk walk the hotel arranged on the grounds. Seems to be quite a popular place with Irish families -- it was full of kids (a bit noisy at breakfast and in the pool area!) Tricky to find without GPS and a bit out of town but worth the trip for the luxury and landscape.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
Mary from NYC
There was a picture of an outside hot tub/pool on the website but it didn't appear to exist. Apart from that, lovely stay, lovely food and the concierge (older gentleman) was lovely and friendly. Also loved the walks around the grounds. Very relaxing two nights.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
This is a five star hotel. The accomodations are first rate. The management and reception desk are wonderful. The food, especially the breakfast feast is something I will always remember. i suggest having a meal off the lounge in the sunroom.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Bob and Valerie
"Disappointed!"
I was very disappointed with my stay at the Lyrath Estate. The service was terrible! I booked/paid for an executive king room and they gave me a standard room (approx $60 a night difference). I called to inquire and it took them forever to correct the problem, wasting much of my time waiting for the new room. The reception many times did not answer the phone when I called for other questions, car valet, etc. The location was too far from Kilkenny. It seemed like a place for kids, not a romantic/authentic place at all. Very disappointed, and was definitely not worth the price.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Lyrath Estate Hotel is more than 5 star!!"
Two hours before I was to catch a flight for Europe, I threw my back out. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was in intense pain. The manager immediately gave me the name of a clinic, offered to drive us there, but we had a car. I got a great doctor but was impressed with the constant concern of the staff and loved the hotel. Breakfast the best in our stay in Ireland. Friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend and have already this hotel for those visiting. I would use this hotel as my base and work trips from there if I had to do it over.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"Beautiful"
The wow factor when approaching this hotel up their long winding driveway was fantastic! Overall this hotel delivered and was well worth the price. The food was very good, the room was well appointed and the staff were excellent. Our only disappointment was in the condition of the grounds...appeared that they are in need of a new landscaper.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
"Fantastic hotel"
The hotel was perfect in every way, I would recommend it to anyone. Staff was suberb.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"Best shower ever!"
This hotel is very nice. The water pressure in the beautiful ensuite bath was amazing! We would recommend this hotel!
Other trip May 19, 2013
"A peaceful tranquel location"
Very attractive hotel with a wonderful feel of luxury as one experiences the old part of the hotel. The modern rooms are wonderfully entertwined within the charm of the location. Service is excellent though we only stayed the one night we did not make full use of the amenities. Breakfast was a little disappointing, rubbery tasteless smoked salmon, black and white pudding that were tasteless. Overall not what we had anticiapted.
Family trip Oct 7, 2012
John M. Walsh
Great hotel, would highly recommend to anybody. Every employee I encountered was friendly and courteous.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
Vern

"Loved it - posh but not snobby."
I went with my two daughters aged 10 and 12. We loved it. Everything was better than I had hoped. The grounds are beautiful and there was plenty to do. The food was lovely. The breakfast was huge and there was something for everyone. It's a bit out of Kilkenny - maybe 2 miles - but it's on a great cycle path. Kilkenny looks very bike friendly as well as being a beautiful place. I will take the bike with me next time I go We will come back to Lyrath. We might even take dad next time!
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Maeve
"Well worth a trip to stop off at the Lyrath."
Very enjoyable stay , beautiful location, staff were extremely helpful, knowledgible and so professional. The hotel has beautiful gardens and walks to explore. Any request we had were delivered promptly. Excellent staff working there. My only complaint is there is no sinage for this hotel in the surrounds of Kilkenny. I had to ask eventually for directions. I was told this was A Co Co issue with sinage on roundabouts etc.,
3 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
Mairin
"Fantastic Hotel"
The staff could not have done more for us. Beautiful hotel and location.
2 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"romantic wknd"
I had a fantastic night's stay with my wife.We relaxed in the bar for the day followed by a lovely meal.Excellent service!!
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"weekend trip"
Attended wedding...staff were excellent...food very good
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Excellent venue for Charley Pride Concert"
Amazing time - especially with The Pride Bros - Charley and Stephen. Brilliant concert and venue!
1 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2015
Joan R A
"Lyrath"
Very nice hotel woth beautiful grounds and walks. Too expensive for what you get though.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"An experience waiting for you."
Excellent hotel. Your staff were second to none. The food, especially Yindees was out of this world. Your walks around the estate were beautiful and we walked them every evening. The one down side for me was that the rooms were too stuffy even though I had used the air con. But overall an excellent stay . It was our second stay in your hotel and I have recommended to all my work mates
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"review of Lyrath"
I attended a meeting and the ambience of the hotel and professionalism of the staff made the whole experience most enjoyable
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Joan
"brief review"
Everything was fine. From a personal perspective I would like to see the Gym open somewhat earlier than 8 am. Not a major issue but would give time for some exercise prior to commencing whatever meeting etc. one had at the usual time 8.30 to 9 am.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Midweek Feb 2015"
Enjoyable family break, very good facilities and staff were fantastic. Children's meals were not value for money but otherwise everything was great.
3 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
"Short Breal"
Excellent way to recharge the batteries. Hotel meets and exceeds all our expectation. Food in restaurants to a very high standard.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
robert
"Great Hotel, Great Staff!"
Had a great first stay here recently in the Lyrath Estate Hotel. From the moment we arrived to when we left the service was 100%. The pool was fabulous and warm and gowns were provided by the staff there when we didn't have ours with us. The Spa area is fairly big and really relaxing. The thermal pool was fantastic, one side of it open out onto the garden which was a really nice touch. Definitely would recommend this hotel for a nice relaxing weekend away.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
Catherine
"trip to kilkenny"
eally enjoyed my staay dissapointed with leisure area and payment to use the spa never had to pay before my wife became very ill on first night hotel staff were excellent especially emma jane who dealt with us very compassionately would highly recommend this hotel
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
PAUDIE
"We will be back"
Very impressed. Room and bed so comfortable.Meal in the Thai restaurant the best thai food had outside of Thailand. Only downside to stay was the Guinness was a bit off.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Joan Bryan
"Not quiet 5 star but very nice, wonderful food"
This is a lovely hotel with one or two things that just take the shine off the 5 stars it holds. Firstly, the food was excellent however on the night we stayed, there was just no room to sit in the bar area and we had to wait some time for a table to become free. The rooms were very nice but beds weren't quite as comfortable as We might have expected and the leisure centre is nice, but frankly not big enough to accommodate the many families that were staying, it's in a lovely estate location, parking was fine - but the wedding business is obviously a big earner and meeting a few of the wedding guests at 10am who were a little worse for drink having not yet been to bed wasn't a pleasant experience. So overall, a nice hotel but let down by one or two elements.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
"nice hotel close to kilkenny"
hotel roomy and very clean food good and reasonable
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
tc
"Fantastic spa hotel"
Great hotel with a nice spa, walks in the ground and other nice facilities including reading room, snooker room and bars.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Ian
"family holiday"
Great hotel excellent facilities great kids club yummy omelette for breakfast
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Couldnt fault this hotel- cannot wait to go back!"
From the minute we walked in, it was just a pleasure to be a guest within the hotel. staff were so friendly and polite. nothing was too much trouble. reception area was breathtaking and the grounds were immaculate. probably the nicest hotel ive been too in Ireland. I really mean it when I say, I cannot wait to go back.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
AliB30
"Reasonable hotel - not as expected for 5 star"
Staff were excellent and the lobby area was very nice. We stayed in room 144. The room smelled a little "off" on arrival which was offputting - would have been nice if they used air freshner. The air conditioning was loud and still audible when turned off (not sure if it's connected to other rooms or if I was hearing another room). The room's floor appeared to be wooden laminate (scratched in places from moving furniture) and was therefore not as comfortable or deluxe as described on the website. The Queen sized bed was OK comfort wise - felt a little bumpy in places. The fridge had been removed from the room so it did not match the welcome brochure's description of in room amenities. Nice bathroom. Some of the seats in the restaurant for breakfast looked worn - and when asked if we wanted toast we were given 2 slices between us. The bar was nice and the staff really helpful. Overall not worth 210 for one night and not what was expected from a 5 star hotel.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Aidan O'Connor
"ok for a night"
Really disappointed with the spa. The towels were thread bare. Lockers shabby and changing room really poor standard. Hotel itself is set in nice grounds and everyone was really friendly but the room didnt show me five stars very basic and sachets of coffee (2) well that says it all really goid fourish star hotel at best
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
arthur
"Lovely Relaxing hotel"
Stayed two nights. Lovely hotel in a lovely setting. Great facilities and well maintained walks. Delicious breakfast and bar food. La Perla restaurant very expensive and disappointed in Yindee's Asian restaurant. would definitely return there.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Great hotel just outside the town.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Luke
"A very pleasant experience"
We found the reception staff and porters very friendly and helpful. When we were taken to our room by Stephen, our porter, we realised it was too far for me to walk to. He insisted on going back to reception for us and we were immediately moved to a closer room. Our dining experience in the Thai restaurant was most pleasurable, as was breakfast the next morning. We would definitely stay ay this hotel again.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Lyn
"Luxury"
Luxurious & relaxing.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
"Superb 5 *****"
Everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel . but with little extras to make it that bit special . The staff seemed happy to be there and nothing was too much trouble .Great for kids .
2 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Vincent Hanratty
We were very impressed when we arrived driving into the Estate, however we were extremely disappointed to find that we had been allocated a room with 2 Single Beds even though we had requested a Double. Given the price charged I found this very annoying. We did try to change our room but the hotel had a wedding on the same day and all rooms were taken. Disappointed
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2014
Mary Murphy
"Easy access from Motorway"
Rooms very nice and excellent breakfast
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Excellent wedding venue"
We stayed on the occasion of our niece's wedding reception. The room was booked independently and we were treated as welcome guests, the car was whisked away to be parked on arrival and Tom could not have been more helpful in showing both us, and my mother who had booked as part of the wedding party, to our rooms and explaining where things were. The reception was wonderful, the food was excellent and there was no shortage of attention to any of the 200+ guests. Our room was well equipped, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately it was raining on Sunday morning and we had been looking forward to exploring the beautiful grounds - maybe another time.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Wendy
Really enjoyed our stay at the Lyrath. Would definitely recommend it.
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2014
Caroline
Stay was very enjoyable, staff were excellent but query its 5 star rating!
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2014
Ann
From the moment we arrived til the moment we left the staff and facilities were excellent. We had dinner in La Pearla restaurant where the food was just brilliant and at a reasonable price. We got up a bit late for breakfast but they accommodated us and the quality of the food was brilliant, all round pleasant experience will definitely return
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Warren Hogan
"not close to 5 star"
Was very underwhelmed with lyrath, from hotel staff, to food, to the most uncomfortable bed ever. It really was not close to a 5 star hotel. Totally unimpressed.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014