All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
660 North State Street, Chicago, IL, 60654, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Love this hotel"
Clean, great location, friendly staff, comfy beds, roomy bathroom , lots of mirrors
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Great location and excellent staff"
Perfect location for shopping and eating. You are a short walk from everything you want to do in Chicago. The bar staff in Vertigo was great and inviting. I would highly recommend staying here.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Great stay! I'll be back!"
Loved it. Was a great visit! The only thing -- and it's incredibly minor -- is that whenever I'd come into my room after having left it, I'd find it to be just a little humid. Not hot, not cold, just humid. But I'd adjust to it rather quickly.
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Good location near Michigan Avenue"
Overall the hotel was nice and had a good location. The only complaint was there was not any hot water our first morning at the hotel. We called the front desk and were informed that "too many took a shower" that morning and now it will take about 40 minutes for there to be hot water. There were not any apologizes or compensations provided for the inconvenience.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
LSY
"Chicago weekend wedding dress shopping"
Loved the Dana and the staff. We didn't have hot water on our Ssturday morning so a rough start to our day. But overall we loved the hotel and the location is awesome! The corner rooms are the best view!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Banker
"Nice and clean"
The rooms with balconies need better climate control
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Honeymooner
"Dissapointed"
Not great Poor service Attitude Bad climate control
5 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
christopher
"Thank you"
The staff was efficient, courteous, and caring! I enjoyed my stay very much. Thank you!
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Alvaro
"Last minute hotel in downtown chicago..."
Great location; not a professional staff, clean rooms and great views.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"WILL BE BACK"
EVERYONE WAS GREAT!!!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
cathy
"Nice and clean hotel"
It was fun at the roof top and the rooms were nice and clean
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
omer
"Wonderful hotel. Excellent service. Comfortable."
I only stayed 2 nights. I would love to return and stay longer.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Rucker
"Love Dana!"
Service was excellent!!! Room was immaculate!!! Would love to return!!! Spa service AMAZING!!!
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Melinda
My stay here was very relaxing and all the staff I interacted with were very polite, friendly, and helpful. Definitely would go back again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Friendly staff, great views (love the corner room!) and good location.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Amazing, beautiful room. Great view. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great hotel off the beaten path"
I enjoy the dana for a change from the larger chain hotels. It is tucked away outside of the hustle of the Chicago core however is only a few steps away. While I did not have the chance to use the spa on this visit, previous visits I would rate the spa experience (massage) a 10/10.
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Todd
"Will be coming back for years to come!"
Have stayed here twice and has quickly become my favorite hotel in Chicago. An upscale hotel with a spa for a reasonable price, what's not to like?
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Corner King BedRoom of Splendor"
The view was absolutely breathtaking and it was close to everything downtown. I didn't need to use the bus or subway for anything leaving the hotel. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. And they also went out of their way to keep their clients happy. Cleanliness: absolutely immaculate. I didn't even see a single speck of dust.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
Antwon
"Customer service"
I have to recommend this hotel based off the hotel employees alone they are very polite, helpful and efficient. One man who stood out was Ceasar the doorman. He was kind and very welcoming. He was very helpful and always remembered me from the beginning and end of my trip. He has very great customer service and was helpful with everything.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Spring break getaway"
Loved the rooftop lounge. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the comfy bed. Very reasonable
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Sylvia
"A beautiful modern retreat"
My partner and I came for the weekend for our anniversary and were very pleased with our stay. We just wanted a weekend away to relax but be in the city and that is what we got. Friendly staff and beautiful accommodations helped make our anniversary great. We can't wait to come back for another stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
hillary
"Nice hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful."
Very pleasant stay, food was good in restaurant, staff was very friendly--overall a pleasant stay.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
RS
"Pleasant experience in the heart of Chicago."
Met friends for a weekend getaway. Hotel was enjoyable due to the accommodating staff, excellent food served in the street-level restaurant by attentive employees, helpful concierge, fun roof-top club with indoor and outdoor seating for great views of the surrounding city, distinctive and contemporary features in the room such as wrap-around floor-to-ceiling windows with black-out shades, wood flooring, plenty of light fixtures, and a very cool bathroom.
S.
"Enjoyed this hotel"
The hotel was in the perfect spot.Close to good restaurants and the staff was very accomodating.Tim ,the concierge, was super sweet and helpful.The rooftop lounge was a nice perk to have.Would definitely stay here again!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
lauren
"Great location."
Great location, the corner king room was awesome with super view of the city. Would do that again. The only complaint was that the bathroom door would not stay closed. Parking garage right next door was convenient.
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Best hotel in Chicago"
We love this hotel. It's like old school full service! Thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay!!
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Angela
"great location, nice hotel"
Room was nice, previous guest shoe's were left in closet. House keeping serviced room folded deodorant that was laying on bwd in covers. Floor had a dip in it. Not enough natural light other than that room was good.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Mom&Daughter Vacation"
My daughter and I took a mom/daughter trip recently and stayed with the fine individuals at The Dana! Everything from the smiling faces of the staff at check-in to the helpful doorman at checkout was Awesome! We had a wonderful time! The rooms were amazing with unto date features, stocked bar and a great view of the city! The housekeeping and room service were one of the best that I've seen in awhile!! Kudos to everyone at The Dana! The Dana is in the middle of the action from exploring their lounge"Vertigo" to the magnificent Mile everything was within walking distance. We loved our stay at the Dana and will be returning!!
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Angie
"Awesome stay!"
We were there for a long weekend. Easy walking to shopping and plenty of great eateries. Room was small but clean and very modern. Bed was comfortable and we had a great view from our balcony. Hotel staff were awesome and attentive.
3 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great location, very nice staff, industrial vibe"
We enjoyed our 4-day stay at the Dana Hotel and Spa. The location was great--River North--close to shopping, restaurants, Lake Michigan and Red Line Metro. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and a decent size with comfortable beds. They offered several choices of wine (in room) for prices only slightly above what you'd see in a grocery store! I have never experienced that in a hotel and really appreciated it. The only down side was that the bathroom had this huge barn door which was really hard to keep closed--not great for privacy. Strangely, the shower had a big window that opened to the rest of the room. There was a curtain you could slide shut (from the room side). Odd...otherwise, good experience.
4 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Perfect in every way"
Awesome views w/ floor to ceiling windows (get a corner king and you get 2 walls of all windows). Happy Hour food is awesome and MORE than reasonably priced as are the items in the honor bar. Location is perfect for a quick walk to the Mag Mile for shopping and the restaurants and bars around are plenty and varied. The sky lounge was nice just not my style since I'm a little too old to drink into the wee hours of the morning but wasn't bothered or troubled by any other guests or patrons. The service from everyone we came into contact with was 100% professional and courteous. I will stay again if given the chance.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Good hotel off strip"
Overall a good hotel, very much a boutique type of place. Although the first night was annoying due to a floor fan running all night drying something the rest of the stay was nice. Employees were friendly and helpful. The spa was awesome.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Perfect"
I cannot think of one thing I disliked! The BEST location, attentive and friendly staff, beautifully modern and clean room. Definitely will stay again!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Haleigh
Wanted to like this hotel. Good location, relatively new, etc. The weekend door staff were really great. Just too many things we couldn't look past. They do not have service elevators, so expect to make frequent stops with the staff, and have your floor request cancelled out by them. Like others said, it is definitely awkward that the reception people are sitting, but not a big deal. First we were given a west facing room, but we had an Expedia upgrade, so we let the desk know immediately and they gave us a larger, east facing room. Within the first 12 hours, our toilet would not flush. Someone came up to "fix" it, however this was a recurring issue the remainder of our stay. VERY frustrating. Also, we went to a blackhawks game Sunday, so we were gone from 10:30 until after 4pm. The maid service had not gotten to our room in that time. The last straw was Tuesday morning, the day of checkout. My husband left the day before, so I was alone that morning. As I was getting prepared to shower (i.e. undressed), I could here someone outside my door (prompting me to quickly throw a robe on). The man then knocked on my door, I looked through the peep hole, he was not in clothing that would identify him as hotel staff, jeans and a T shirt. When I responded, he mumbled something and was gone. This was extremely distressing. Do not stay here, especially if you are a woman traveling by yourself.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
lindsay
"Amazing stay"
My wife and I enjoyed a short getaway from the daily hustle. We have stood in othr Chicago hotels and the Dana Hotel truly was breath taking ,,, beautiful is an understatement. From the valet personal to the entire hotel staff,,such professionalism is hard to find ,, but look no more bcz at the Dana you will feel like royalty!! Thank you to the entire staff!!! Including the staff at the roof top lounge and the main floor restaurant!!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Nice Hotel in a Great Location"
I loved the room, location and most of the staff. Looking forward to my next stay there. Centrally located near plenty of restaurants, attractions, other hotels and business venues make staying at the this hotel logistically a smart decision Most all of the staff were very hospitable and provided great service. There is a great night life in the area also including the club on the top floor. Loved the comfort of the room and the spacious see through shower.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
General
"A pleasant get away."
The service was great, the hotel has a nice atmosphere. The Spa was truly a delight. We would definitely return. The only downside was the toilet in our room wouldn't flush by morning:( They brought a plunger, but who would want to deal with that!!
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Relax and Comfortable"
My stay at the Dana was nice and cozy. The staff there are very professional and helpful.
Jasmine
"An Amazing Anniversary"
We booked the room being it was the Deal of the Day. The price and location was perfect. We had an amazing anniversary and are definitely planning on staying there again. The Vertigo Lounge was a plus. We had a few cocktails after dinner before heading back to our room.
Ruby
"girls weekend"
I had a great stay at the Dana hotel and spa ... visited for my friends birthday party which she had on the rooftop at the Sky Lounge it was a great experience just wish the club playing a little bit more hip hop but overall a great experience
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
Latisha
"great view but not great service"
The valet parking guy was the best part of the stay. Otherwise customer service kinda sucked. Room had a great view as I was on the 25th floor but that was all it had going for it, stains were everywhere and the base boards were all coming off and the bed was caved in a bit in the middle.
"Dana Hotel"
Loved everything, except the food. Ordered several items from room service, and ALL them them were sub-par or below.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Recommended hotel!"
Convenient downtown location, superior rooms. We will be back!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Going down hill"
After a great visit two years ago, returned to Dana Hotel last week. Very disappointing!! Had to sign a no-party contract (I'm 62!), had one tiny bar of soap, dresser was broken. They need to get their act together!
jami
"Great locstuon"
Small rooms- but clean and funky style/ decor. Our room included a small balcony too which would be nice to have in warmer weather.
2 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2015
Angela
"Trendy and stylish"
My husband and I live in the city and were looking for a short baby moon get away before our second child arrived. We usually stay at the Peninsula or Langham but wanted to try something with a different feel. We had heard great things about the Dana and had walked by it several times. When we arrived we were instantly greeted by the bell hop who was so kind and very personable. The concierge was also friendly and prompt. The style of the hotel we loved, from the concrete ceiling to the industrial feel of exposed beams and rustic floor. We had the corner king and the windows were spectacular. The styling of the room was modern but the colors made it feel warm. The shower and bathroom was also very intriguing and modern. I loved the barn door to the bathroom that also hid the closet when the door was open. It was a great Chicago view and in the middle of the night it was a sparkling concrete jungle to behold. Surprisingly enough the windows were very sound proof and we never heard the busy sounds of the city or our hotel neighbors. Definitely will be going back.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Kyla
"Solo getaway"
Excellent stay! I stayed there this past weekend just to get away by myself. Room service was awesome! It is true Club Vertigo did have the place rockin at 2am and I was on the 12th floor! That didn't bother me though! I will be back soon. Oh the weird unfinished ceilings are true also. I stayed in a comfy King. I think I want try out the suites next.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Joycelyn
"Good location but could hear club music from room."
Balcony was nice room had nice upgrades but small. Could here club music while staying on 19th floor. Probably would not stay here with a child.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Ryan
"Great hotel, great location in heart of Chicago!"
I stayed at his hotel for business in Chicago. It was a great location for meetings up north and in the Loop. I really like my stay at the Dana and would definitely stay again. Check in was fast and friendly. Also, as a female business traveler traveling solo, I appreciated the elevator security via only allowing access with your room key. My room was very comfortable, quiet, and clean. I also enjoy having breakfast downstairs in the Freestyle Restaurant. One of the reasons I also booked this hotel is that there is a Whole Foods next door, which makes a nice alternative for healthier meals. My only two complaints are the room did not seem to have enough lighting. With all of the lights on it still seemed rather dark. The other issue was the fitness facility. It has a motion sensor for the lighting that did not seem to want to stay on when I was on the treadmill. Also, it did not seem as though the machines had been cleaned recently and there was nothing in the gym to wipe down machines with sanitizer after use.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015