All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Bad internet service
    Bad pool
"Great Hotel!!"
My boyfriend and I were celebrating a anniversary and requested a balcony. I mention that it was sentimental and they were so accommodating!! The staff was awesome! From the bellman to the housekeeping staff, everyone was so nice.
4 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Went with 2 friends for the weekend. The staff was SO helpful and friendly, they really made our stay great. The hotel is in a great area, very walkable. It's also very modern and cute, loved the decor. My only complaint would be that the room felt a little cramped with 3 people, but that is to be expected and it was actually not a bad size for Chicago. Overall it was a great stay!
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Brittany
"Amazing"
As soon as we pulled up valet took the car and someone held the door open for us. Everyone who works there is so nice and helpful. The bed was really comfortable and the shower was amazing!! Great views of the city from our balcony! & a lot to do around the hotel. I'll be back soon :-) I didn't get to get a massage
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Onika M.
Excellent hotel, I will absolutely stay here again.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
"Loved it!"
My boyfriend and I loved this hotel. We had a great time at the Vertigo on the 26th floor, rooftop bar. We were on the 25th floor with the corner room view. It was beautiful! Great view! It was well worth the money!
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Venus
"Surprised by the Dana"
Surprised by the Dana as in hadn't heard of it Previously and I go to Chicago a lot. Wonderful staff and gorgeous spacious rooms with amazing views.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
couple from NYC
The room was great. Location is perfect and central to almost everything. The view is amazing.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Mitch
"Clean, great view!"
Enjoyed our stay, had a corner room, great views! Found the shower a little odd, glass wall into room, not private. Glad shades pulled, peeping Tom across the street couldn't see!! In and out car valet service was very good!
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Excellent customer service and beautifully unique"
Overall, we had a wonderful first-time stay. The service was excellent; every hotel person that we interacted with was friendly and helpful. There was a minor slip up with the reservation, however, it was quickly addressed and we ended up with an upgrade to a larger room. The hotel is perfectly located within plenty of restaurants and attractions and the doormen were very helpful when we needed a taxi. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
I understand this past weekend was a busy one in Chicago but aren't most weekends that way? I was excited to head back to my hometown and bring my friend who has never been to the city before. We took a limo from the airport- the doormen were absolutely great and so helpful! I knew it was going to be a longshot to get checked in at 11am but I tried anyways. The lady at the front desk "pre" checked us in rather quickly- no questions about room details or anything. I booked with the expedia VIP package and her response was "nope no upgrades." I was kind of annoyed because she didn't even check and all the reviews said most people received an upgraded room. She said we are first on the list for our room to be cleaned and she would call us when it was ready but it would be before 3pm. We checked back at 3pm and she said our room was clean but we have to wait a bit longer....? So after ordering another round of drinks at the hotel bar our room was finally ready a little after 3:30. The room was clean and nice. Overall I would have been happier with a more pleasant and friendly check in and a upgraded room.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Shannon
"Second visit even more amazing than the first"
This was the second time I stayed at The Dana Spa. We enjoyed our massages so much that we signed up for another one during our stay. I highly recommend staying here. The entire staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The doormen were extremely helpful.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Great hotel but ...."
Everything was great except the room was opposite an elevator and the noise level was unacceptable. Young women screaming in the halls late at night!
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"Great stay for quick visit"
This is a great hotel for people who have been to Chicago before. It is centrally located, but just far enough off the beaten path to have some quiet. Walkable, clean, great experience. Shower had one glass wall that faced the bed, allowing you to see through (and consequently the toilet as well), so I'm sure some people might find that sexy, but for us, it was a little weird. There was a curtain you could close, so it all worked out.
2 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
"Swing and a miss."
Basic 3-4 star hotel experience. Stayed for a weekend, room was never serviced (no linens, no towels, no cleaning/emptying of garbage, etc.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Luke
"Very now! Very nice!"
Only one night and that was too short! The bed was wonderful...the hardwood floors gorgeous, the view exciting...the amenities were great. Front desk was efficient and friendly and the breakfast room downstairs was lovely. Good food, too. Loved all the art. Thought that the rooftop bar was going to be truly rooftop...open air...quiet, tables for chatting with family. Ha! Found out it was a wild, noisy nightclub. Not what I was up for but the younger set seemed to be fine with it. Would love that quiet place at the end of the day to stay in at the hotel with friends and have a drink. Think about it! :)
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Great location!"
Nice hotel in heart of downtown close to great shops and restaurants. We were walking distance to practically everything. We arrived early at the hotel and were told we would be granted earlier checkin but never happened. That was the only issue we had. Otherwise good hotel.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Z
"Dowtown Chicago"
Nice hotel in a great location...nice spa and steam room...fitness room has technogym machines which I am not a fan of...bit otherwise great service in restaurant, bar, and doormen. Very cool rooftop bar!
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
Lawrence
"Good deal"
In town for a night. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was nice. Loved the big open shower. Nice bar downstairs. Didon't go to club.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Philip
Very nice accommodations, friendly staff, great location, big hd tv and Internet access very responsive. One minor problem with sliding bathroom door wouldn't stay closed and no latch to hold it in closed position. Otherwise, great accommodations.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Worth the Cost"
Great downtown location, with that said expect the city noise that comes with the great location (police, ambulance, etc.) The beds are super comfy, and the views were beautiful. Friendly and informative staff. The parking I'd 40 plus tax per night ( average approx 50 nightly). The food was good and the nightclub was busy on a Sunday night. Overall nice hotel. Drawbacks...no fridge or microwave.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
Rachel
Hotel location was perfect...easy walk to most attractions. Every staff member we encountered were welcoming and knowledgeable. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Kathleen
Vertigo bar let us in Friday night but not Saturday. Very picky about who gets in regardless of our staying in the hotel.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
Debbie
"EXCELLENT!"
I was looking for a mini getaway for my birthday. The Dana was better than I imagined. Friendly service. Room was tranquil.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2015
Darnella
"Great boutique hotel with cool roof top bar"
Clean, modern, boutique hotel with a nice roof top bar. I was in Chicago for work on a Tuesday so didn't get to enjoy it much but it looks like a fun spot if you stay on a weekend night. Location was terrific. Nice little gem in the city.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
MICHAEL
"Nice Boutique Hotel at a Good Price"
We have stay at this hotel before and booked it again based on past experience. We had to call maintenance to deal with a couple of plumbing issues which were taken care of promptly and professionally. Valet Parking is going to run you $50/day which is competitive in the city as far as hotels are concerned. The rainfall shower head and the comfortable beds are what keep us coming back again.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Great trip
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Magnificent View"
This hotel was an unexpected delight in downtown Chicago. I booked it due to convenience/location and reasonable price. I received an unexpected complimentary upgrade to an awe-inspiring suite overlooking the city. The room was fantastic. Floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows, great interior design, a very comfortable bed and a wall stocked with a variety of wines at reasonable prices. The shower was so cool, I took pictures to send home for my HGTV-loving kids to admire. I didn't have the chance to enjoy it, but the rooftop lounge looked amazing. Next time! The staff was also very friendly and got me a private car with friendly driver to get me to O'Hare at close to the same price as a cab. I will be back, even if I can't count on the upgrade again.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Great location. Great service. We arrived early, room was ready. Employees were very friendly.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
Jeremy
"Happy"
All lovely things from a very clean and welcoming room that felt more like my own downtown loft than a hotel room. The staff were all very friendly and helpful in every situation from changing our room to advising where to go for different bites in the area; speaking of, the neighborhood was ideal! Overall, Great space. Would book again/recommend to a friend.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Amazing
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Disapointed room reserved with balcony was not available . So they upgraded? To a room without a balcony. Stayed here before and loved the balcony- the only reason we stayed again. It was disappointing. Still a great hotel-
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
This place is awesome. It will be my go to hotel during Chicago trips. Room is nice and modern. It has a great location. I really like this place. The only negative is that the shades in my room did not block glaring light from the office building directly across the street. That was annoying, but such a nice spot I am willing to overlook and give all Fives for this review.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"Awsome hotel comfy bed"
Our room wasn't ready when we got there at 3pm, after a twenty minute wait we were up graded
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Raymond
I was very satisfied from the doorman opening the door for us from the bellhop offering to take our bags. We asked to switch rooms to a lower floor at the last second, and the staff was more than accommodating and got our room switched and ready to be checked in ASAP. The only things I didn't like was the elevator is very confusing to run, and the ceiling in the rooms in plain concrete. The room was luxurious in its amenities, but basic in its appearance. Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely recommend it.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Hip hotel in heart of city"
We felt like hipsters at the Dana hotel. Spent the night in the city for a birthday. The dana staff, front desk, valet, bartenders...everyone...was friendly and helpful. Especially felt hip at the rooftop vertigo bar...beautiful!! Good for couples
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
suzie
"Very Contemporary Hotel"
Great one night getaway for our 10th wedding anniversary. Hotel was extremely contemporary. There were no children - so if you are traveling with kids this is not the place for you. It was a little cumbersome to have to take two elevators every time just to get to your room, but it was only one night. Overall, good experience.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"The stay was okay just a few minor issues."
My room toilet overflowed. I did not use a lot of tissue. Also the iron did not work. I also left a suite and boots inside my room but no one notified me. I'm not sure why but that policy needs to change.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Chic hotel close to downtown"
Overnight stay with teenager daughter. We both enjoyed the hip but relaxing vibe of the hotel. The hotel was close to downtown shopping and restaurants. The staff was professional and friendly.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"So central"
Couldn't have asked for a more comfortable room and more energetic, polite staff. Everything was perfect. We will definitely stay here during our next visit.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Beautiful and modern hotel"
A very beautiful and modern hotel. The room was smaller than I expected, but we ended up with a room with a small balcony and the bed was comfortable. Very nice shower. The only awkward thing about the shower was the floor length window covered by a curtain. The rooftop bar was decent. The hotel was in a good location; we felt safe the whole time. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Classy Dana"
Nice experience! Chic hotel located within walking distance of the magnificent mile, Lake Shore Drive & beaches. We stayed in a Compy King, the room was small but utilized space well. Room service was good. The restaurant was decent. We visited Vertigo on a Sunday night and had a ball. Downtown Chicago was clean and its skyscrapers were beautiful! Plenty of restaurants, music and interesting stuff. Only complaint was the down comforter in the bed. It leaked little feathers. Overall, the Dana is a classy hotel, well situated in downtown Chicago with a courteous, customer- first staff!!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
AJ
"Perfect hotel in the heart of chicago."
Hotel was great, staff was awesome, and the bar and rooftop lounge were amazing. Very cool hotel within walking distance to everything and perfect for Lollapalooza
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
ashbigcash
"Perfect location for restaurants and shopping!"
All the staff are approachable and knowledgeable about any questions. Very friendly, accommodating and highly professional in all regards. This was a very pleasant surprise! The hotel is CLEAN, uber comfy and welcoming! The eclectic style will keep this place "new" for a long time. We will definetly be back!!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
paula
"Beautiful hotel with very friendly and helpful sta"
Beautiful hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and comfortable to enter. The corner room had a beautiful view!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Christine
We have stayed all over Chicago and this hotel is one of my favorites. It is close to everything you are coming to Chicago for. Lots of shopping and great restaurants just a short walk away. The hotel is very clean and the bed is amazing. Valet parking is a breeze as is check in and check out. Even though the hotel was full the last night we stayed here I never felt like I was crowded like I do at some other hotels in Chicago. Also, as a VIP hotel for Expedia they really make you feel special.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
T Marie
"Good weekend stay in Chicago"
A very good stay. One Block from the Magnificent Mile. Helpful staff and nice room. Parking was a bit expensive, but valet service was excellent. There is a nightclub on the top of the hotel. The concierge recommended a room at least 4 floors below the roof. We did not hear a thing. I would certainly stay here again
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
JOnathan
"Love The Dana!"
My favorite place to stay in Chicago!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2015
Cindy
My biggest concern with my experience at the Dana this time was with the housekeeping. My room was never cleaner until close to 3pm each day. I was out all day and when I returned to the room around that time, it had not been attended to. I always had to call downstairs and one day I was informed that housekeeping leaves at 4pm??? I do not want to blame the housekeeper but wonder if they have adequiate housekeepers for the rooms occupied. In my mind that is a management/personnel issue. My complain is not with the housekeeper but did she have too many rooms? The cost of my stay was relatively high and I would have expected better service for the price I paid.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Amazing hotel"
I was going to stay at the Chicago Hilton but decided to try The Dana. I'm so glad I did; what a wonderful hotel. The staff was super helpful and the room was like The W only nicer.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Only 1 complaint"
The only complaint I had was that when I checked out and paid, they put a hold on my debit card for over $400! I had no idea they would do this after checkout. I know some hotels put a hold on the card you use when you check in, but not the card I used when I checked out. I called, and it turns out they made a mistake and had the bank refund me the hold immediately, but that was after several phone calls.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015