All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
660 North State Street, Chicago, IL, 60654, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great room
    Bad pool
"EXCELLENT!"
I was looking for a mini getaway for my birthday. The Dana was better than I imagined. Friendly service. Room was tranquil.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2015
Darnella
"Great boutique hotel with cool roof top bar"
Clean, modern, boutique hotel with a nice roof top bar. I was in Chicago for work on a Tuesday so didn't get to enjoy it much but it looks like a fun spot if you stay on a weekend night. Location was terrific. Nice little gem in the city.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
MICHAEL
"Nice Boutique Hotel at a Good Price"
We have stay at this hotel before and booked it again based on past experience. We had to call maintenance to deal with a couple of plumbing issues which were taken care of promptly and professionally. Valet Parking is going to run you $50/day which is competitive in the city as far as hotels are concerned. The rainfall shower head and the comfortable beds are what keep us coming back again.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Great trip
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Magnificent View"
This hotel was an unexpected delight in downtown Chicago. I booked it due to convenience/location and reasonable price. I received an unexpected complimentary upgrade to an awe-inspiring suite overlooking the city. The room was fantastic. Floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows, great interior design, a very comfortable bed and a wall stocked with a variety of wines at reasonable prices. The shower was so cool, I took pictures to send home for my HGTV-loving kids to admire. I didn't have the chance to enjoy it, but the rooftop lounge looked amazing. Next time! The staff was also very friendly and got me a private car with friendly driver to get me to O'Hare at close to the same price as a cab. I will be back, even if I can't count on the upgrade again.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Great location. Great service. We arrived early, room was ready. Employees were very friendly.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
Jeremy
"Happy"
All lovely things from a very clean and welcoming room that felt more like my own downtown loft than a hotel room. The staff were all very friendly and helpful in every situation from changing our room to advising where to go for different bites in the area; speaking of, the neighborhood was ideal! Overall, Great space. Would book again/recommend to a friend.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Amazing
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Disapointed room reserved with balcony was not available . So they upgraded? To a room without a balcony. Stayed here before and loved the balcony- the only reason we stayed again. It was disappointing. Still a great hotel-
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
This place is awesome. It will be my go to hotel during Chicago trips. Room is nice and modern. It has a great location. I really like this place. The only negative is that the shades in my room did not block glaring light from the office building directly across the street. That was annoying, but such a nice spot I am willing to overlook and give all Fives for this review.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"Awsome hotel comfy bed"
Our room wasn't ready when we got there at 3pm, after a twenty minute wait we were up graded
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Raymond
I was very satisfied from the doorman opening the door for us from the bellhop offering to take our bags. We asked to switch rooms to a lower floor at the last second, and the staff was more than accommodating and got our room switched and ready to be checked in ASAP. The only things I didn't like was the elevator is very confusing to run, and the ceiling in the rooms in plain concrete. The room was luxurious in its amenities, but basic in its appearance. Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely recommend it.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Hip hotel in heart of city"
We felt like hipsters at the Dana hotel. Spent the night in the city for a birthday. The dana staff, front desk, valet, bartenders...everyone...was friendly and helpful. Especially felt hip at the rooftop vertigo bar...beautiful!! Good for couples
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
suzie
"Very Contemporary Hotel"
Great one night getaway for our 10th wedding anniversary. Hotel was extremely contemporary. There were no children - so if you are traveling with kids this is not the place for you. It was a little cumbersome to have to take two elevators every time just to get to your room, but it was only one night. Overall, good experience.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"The stay was okay just a few minor issues."
My room toilet overflowed. I did not use a lot of tissue. Also the iron did not work. I also left a suite and boots inside my room but no one notified me. I'm not sure why but that policy needs to change.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Chic hotel close to downtown"
Overnight stay with teenager daughter. We both enjoyed the hip but relaxing vibe of the hotel. The hotel was close to downtown shopping and restaurants. The staff was professional and friendly.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"So central"
Couldn't have asked for a more comfortable room and more energetic, polite staff. Everything was perfect. We will definitely stay here during our next visit.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Beautiful and modern hotel"
A very beautiful and modern hotel. The room was smaller than I expected, but we ended up with a room with a small balcony and the bed was comfortable. Very nice shower. The only awkward thing about the shower was the floor length window covered by a curtain. The rooftop bar was decent. The hotel was in a good location; we felt safe the whole time. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Classy Dana"
Nice experience! Chic hotel located within walking distance of the magnificent mile, Lake Shore Drive & beaches. We stayed in a Compy King, the room was small but utilized space well. Room service was good. The restaurant was decent. We visited Vertigo on a Sunday night and had a ball. Downtown Chicago was clean and its skyscrapers were beautiful! Plenty of restaurants, music and interesting stuff. Only complaint was the down comforter in the bed. It leaked little feathers. Overall, the Dana is a classy hotel, well situated in downtown Chicago with a courteous, customer- first staff!!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
AJ
"Perfect hotel in the heart of chicago."
Hotel was great, staff was awesome, and the bar and rooftop lounge were amazing. Very cool hotel within walking distance to everything and perfect for Lollapalooza
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
ashbigcash
"Perfect location for restaurants and shopping!"
All the staff are approachable and knowledgeable about any questions. Very friendly, accommodating and highly professional in all regards. This was a very pleasant surprise! The hotel is CLEAN, uber comfy and welcoming! The eclectic style will keep this place "new" for a long time. We will definetly be back!!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
paula
"Beautiful hotel with very friendly and helpful sta"
Beautiful hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and comfortable to enter. The corner room had a beautiful view!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Christine
We have stayed all over Chicago and this hotel is one of my favorites. It is close to everything you are coming to Chicago for. Lots of shopping and great restaurants just a short walk away. The hotel is very clean and the bed is amazing. Valet parking is a breeze as is check in and check out. Even though the hotel was full the last night we stayed here I never felt like I was crowded like I do at some other hotels in Chicago. Also, as a VIP hotel for Expedia they really make you feel special.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
T Marie
"Good weekend stay in Chicago"
A very good stay. One Block from the Magnificent Mile. Helpful staff and nice room. Parking was a bit expensive, but valet service was excellent. There is a nightclub on the top of the hotel. The concierge recommended a room at least 4 floors below the roof. We did not hear a thing. I would certainly stay here again
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
JOnathan
"Love The Dana!"
My favorite place to stay in Chicago!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2015
Cindy
My biggest concern with my experience at the Dana this time was with the housekeeping. My room was never cleaner until close to 3pm each day. I was out all day and when I returned to the room around that time, it had not been attended to. I always had to call downstairs and one day I was informed that housekeeping leaves at 4pm??? I do not want to blame the housekeeper but wonder if they have adequiate housekeepers for the rooms occupied. In my mind that is a management/personnel issue. My complain is not with the housekeeper but did she have too many rooms? The cost of my stay was relatively high and I would have expected better service for the price I paid.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Amazing hotel"
I was going to stay at the Chicago Hilton but decided to try The Dana. I'm so glad I did; what a wonderful hotel. The staff was super helpful and the room was like The W only nicer.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Only 1 complaint"
The only complaint I had was that when I checked out and paid, they put a hold on my debit card for over $400! I had no idea they would do this after checkout. I know some hotels put a hold on the card you use when you check in, but not the card I used when I checked out. I called, and it turns out they made a mistake and had the bank refund me the hold immediately, but that was after several phone calls.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Nicole
"The Great State of Chicago!"
This incredible city, trendy comfortable conveniently located hotel and extremely friendly staff made for the perfect 4 day escape for our group and a friend's birthday celebration. If you can't find anything fun to do in Chicago then there's something extremely wrong with you! I'll be back.
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Jeffrey
Last minute mishap at the Trump so we selected the Dana. I'm glad we did...my husband and I were celebrating our marriage and the staff was amazing.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Latoya
"Dana Hotel review"
Was very happily surprised with this hotel when we got there. Took my daughter to Chicago for her 20th Bday. Very happy with our room and location. Will def go back.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Maureen
"One of the best"
I go to Chicago monthly for work, so I've stayed in several hotels, this one is by far my favorite. It's in a good location but quieter then other hotels within a few blocks. The rooms are nicely decorated and modern, the shower was amazing with a rain shower head and body spray (with lots of water pressure). I loved the fact they had full bottles of wine in the room to purchase at reasonable prices too! The bed was also very comfortable with lots of pillows. This hotel hit everything on my checklist!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Jenn
Excellent experience. Would definately return. Elevator access sometimes an issue. Roof top bar has great views but overly pricey.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Very nice modern hotel"
The hotel is very modern and quite luxurious - albeit small. I was there for business for only one night but my stay was very enjoyable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The spa and fitness center was nice as well but a bit small. I was upgraded to a corner room that was decently large and had a nice view (of buildings). The windows were floor to ceiling which is strange (in a good way). Overall a great hotel.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
GM
"Great hotel!"
Hotel is in a great location, walking distance to almost anything. Check-in was very smooth. We booked a comfy King and was given a corner room with a small balcony and amazing view of the city. Room is cleaned very well each day of our week's stay, except sometimes we get less bath towels or missing floor towel or face towels. We also requested front desk and housekeeping for more hangers but they never arrived. All the staff at bell desk provides outstanding service, they always made it a point to greet us with a smile every time they see us, rush to open the doors for us, get us a cab, helped with our luggage and any questions we have regarding the neighborhood. We definitely enjoyed the attention they gave us. Keep up the good job. We went one evening to check out the roof top bar, Vertigo. It has beautiful indoor and outdoor seating. Definitely worth a visit to relax and chill at this bar. Check out was fairly easy and efficient too. Overall, we love our stay at Dana Hotel and would highly recommend this hotel.
7 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
"Good central locale for getting around Chicago"
Fun time in Chicago - easy to get to many attractions from this hotel
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Kit
"The staff was excellent"
we were given an upgrade, to a corner room, and the staff checking us into the hotel were very attentive and courteous.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel
3 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Daren
First time staying at the Dana - very friendly staff with good value delivered.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"Perfect!"
Perfect location, nice staff, clean room, modern decoration... What else? It's an exceptional hotel!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
leandro
"Beautiful stay"
The hotel is located in walking distance from the magnificent mile, lots of restaurants and activities nearby. The bell staff was extremely courteous. The rooftop bat had spectacular views and the room was estically pleasing to the eyes.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
A.
"Would go back"
Great location near CTA (subway stops 3 blocks north and south on State). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had trouble with safe, but security immediately came and fixed problem. Are some restaurants near hotel; just have to search and ask.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
horn
Loved it!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Shawn
"Chic getaway"
Nice hotel. In room amenities are very nice and the room is very modern and hip. Quiet, very little noise from neighboring rooms or from night club that was one floor above.
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Excellent hotel close to shopping"
We were in Chicago for a one night stay and teenage daughter wanted to do some shopping. Dana is close to all Magnificent Mile shops and restaurants. The hotel staff was professional, polite, and friendly. The facilities had an upscale feel without being stuffy. Our room was slightly smaller than most traditional king rooms, but the layout was good for the space. The room also had an upscale and elegant feel. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Dolores
"Nice hotel, good location"
We liked the location, close to many restaurants. It took us 10 minutes to walk to Oak Beach and a couple of blocks to red line.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
MH
"Wonderful Stay!"
Clean, friendly. Will stay again next time in Chicago!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
EMG
"Weekend Getaway"
We were in Chicago overnight for a little couples getaway. The Dana staff was very pleasant and the hotel itself was very modern and clean. The location was perfect only a few blocks from Michigan Ave and only a few blocks from the "L". We would for sure stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
stacy
"Loved Chicago"
it was awesome we are glad we stayed at the Dana . It's was a great hotel and in the right spot . Very clean and friendly hotel personal
6 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Tiffany
We arrived a hour early for check in. Room wasn't ready, so they upgraded us to a really nice room on the 15. Floor. The only negative with the room, the street noise was hard to ignore at night. The big surprise came 2 days later when they charged our credit card an additional $ 5. So I called and was told we had a beer. Well we didn't touch the mini fridge. Still waiting for a refund.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015