All hotels in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sarmiento 1775, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, C1041ABG, Argentina, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Charming, friendly, excellent wifi, a bit noisy"
Quaintly, charmingly decorated small hotel in old building. Good location, near subway and many restaurants. Very friendly staff. Room is comfortable. *Excellent* wifi. A bit noisy neighbors: was taking a nap around 6pm (jetlagged) and woke up with very loud music from residential neighbor. Also, cleaning in next room woke me up (broom hitting wall).
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
Rodrigo
"good budget hotel"
helpful & friendly english-speaking staff. nice room. hotel is one floor of an apartment building so expect to hear occasional loud music / dog barking (stuff you would expect to hear in an apartment building). it does quiet down at night. building is located at one of the busiest intersections in the city. neighborhood is safe but not very pleasant. when i was there, it was 70 degrees F outside and the heat (steam radiator) was on!!! must be a porteno thing. had to run the A/C to keep from sweating...
3 night trip May 28, 2015
"Great rate for your money! Quaint room."
I love my stay even though it was only for four hours as I arrived late. Abigail and the front desk lady in the morning were quite nice. Although I had to leave about 2 am to catch a flight, Abigail made sure I would have fruits and coffee in the morning (you get a choice of what you wanted but I wanted fruits) so that I can at least have something to eat before I depart. Yes the hotel can offer change. The room a Deluxe is nice. I love the furnishingsI I arrived around 10:30 pm and being a female solo traveller, I didn't care to walk around the neighbourhood. The only thing is I couldn't find outlets in the room (not wanting to push bed out from the wall), I charged my phone in the bathroom (at least they have bathroom outlets). For the money, it was a great deal!
1 night trip May 18, 2015
LILIANE
"Very good (but...)"
Excellent location. Excellent breakfast. Nice place. But... we got a broken mattress. The good thing is that as soon as I reported the problem was solved. (Did the manager and employees overlooked the fact that there was a broken mattress in room #2???)
Other trip May 23, 2015
Ed
"Outstanding stay and the nicest staff"
I have stayed and many many hotels all around the world due to my career. I must say this was one of the nicest stays I have had in a hotel. The staff was so nice and very helpful. The owner of this boutique hotel very accommodating and truly caring for the people who stay there. I must say 5 stars all the way! Since my business involves lots of travel and unpredictable schedules at times I need a place that is on their toes with service. I could not have been happier staying there.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Musician travel
"Best possible hotel in best possible location!!!"
From the second we arrived we just knew this was a very special place! From the moment we entered into their exquisite old fashioned elevator we had huge smiles on our faces. We arrived in the early morning hours and the warm greeting we got made us feel right at home. Our room was so much more than we expected as it was absolutely charming in every way. The high ceilings, the color schemes, the furniture and the balcony really did have a boutique feel. The staff could not be more hospitable, friendlier and informative. They were always accommodating and with a smile. They also were always immediately answering all our questions, whatever they were, 24 hours around the clock. If they didn't have an answers they researched it for us on the internet right then and there or left notes for us as soon as possible, and we did bother them with questions all day and all night. The breakfast was always delicious and plentiful, especially the eggs made to order and those wonderful croissants. The tango lessons right in their sitting room were great and so convenient, and we are still practicing. If this hotel started a chain I would stay at a it in every city in the world.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Stuart/Liliya
"Buenos Aires stay"
very courteous and helpful staff
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Extraordinary!"
This hotel embodies the essence of elegance and charm. Our first impression was the iron cage elevator – it was a first for us and a very smooth. Situated on the third floor (which is quite high considering the ceilings are very tall) of a residential building on the corner of bustling streets, Sarmiento and Callao, and with a convenience store on the base level, this hotel is in an excellent location. We walked to several of the main attractions, including the Museum Center in Puerto Madero, the Obelisk, and Plaza de Mayo. Subway stations nearby make traveling to other neighborhoods easy and quick. Every staff member we met was extremely attentive and kind. Guests leave their room key (considering it’s a heavy antique skeleton key) at the front desk when they leave the hotel and are buzzed in and out at the street level. The antique furnishings, ornate moldings, high ceilings, chandeliers, tall doors, outdoor terraces, and wooden floors are among the most notable features of this charming place. The breakfast consists of bread, croissants, cereal, coffee, and juice. However, the croissants are very rich and delicious. My advice is to splurge for the most deluxe room. We changed from superior to deluxe on our last night and were very pleased with the upgrade. I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it for families and friends.
4 night romance trip Sep 14, 2014
Globalgraduate
"Nice small hotel close to center."
Appealing historic character, friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast, free tango lessons!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Marsha
"No Continental Breakfast, no Hair dryer unless you"
We stayed there for 13 nights, but Now even I checked their website, it still shows as " All rates include Continental Breakfast, WIFI & Tango Classes. Studio, suite ideal for 2 people, equipped with double bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, hi-speed internet wi-fi access, cable TV, frio-bar, hair-dryer, safety deposit box and private balcony in 2 of the 3 Studios. When we got to the room, there was no hair dryer only the hook up on the wall. My husband tried to borrow one from the owner and was told that there is no hair dryer provided for studio room, however we can pay USD60 more PER Night to upgrade one level up to have hair dryer in room. How rediculous was that!!! We just went to one store called Pigmento and got one with 169 pesos.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Botique Hotel of the 20's era."
The hotel was hard for the transport driver to find. There was no lighted neon sign on the entrance. The elevator is something out of the past. It would fit two people and some luggage. The hotel staff was nice, and the room was comfortable. If you have any trouble stepping into a bath tub, this is not the place for you. The tub / shower was an old ball and claw with high sides and no anti slip surface. The entry door must be nine feet tall and has an old fashioned key. We had room 13 which is odd, as newer hotels seem to shy away from 13. The transport fee from the airport to the hotel turned out to be $66 not $50 as advertised. We arrived very late (11:30 pm), and did not get a chance to view any of Buenos Aires at night. The breakfast was good and the other guest were also cruisers. The taxi ride to the port was short even though there was a lot of traffic. It cost $20 US and worked out fine.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
The reception desk ladies and two gentlemen were very helpful and provided assistance in making ferry reservations. I was most appreciative and found the staff to be very professional. The neighborhood was a bit loud at night but vibrant for young people.
4 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Very well located"
It seems to be strange when you arrive at the holtel. There is a very old fashion lift to take you to the 3th floor where the hotel is located. However, the rooms are preatty much clean, well organized, staff is great, breakfast sufficient, close to the subway and several bus stops.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Paulo
"European style hotel."
My husband and I spent six days in Argentina over the Christmas holidays. The hotel was very much in the style of a European hotel or pension, or B&B. It was located on the third floor of a charming turn of the century apartment building with a birdcage elevator and winding marble stairs. The building, like so many other buildings in Buenos Aires was shabby, though with a certain faded elegance, definitely past its prime.. There were probably 15 guest rooms, very high ceilings, tiny bathrooms, hardwood floors, furniture that looked as it had come from grandmother's attic. A nice breakfast was served each morning with fresh fruit, cereal and an assortment of breads, as well as coffee and tea. The staff was very friendly and most helpful in lining up reservations for day trips and restaurants. We observed that the other visitors were European and enjoyed meeting and visiting with them.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Great Staff, But A Need For Attention"
The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. They deserve the highest rating. The downside of the room was its lack of attention by maintenance. The refrigerator did not work and was not repaired after a request. The room had a slightly musty odor. The air conditioner did not work, although no request was made to fix it. The location was very convenient to the Subte. The wifi connection to the internet was strong.
3 night trip Nov 16, 2013
BA
"Old Romantic Hotel"
Rooney's Boutique Hotel is very romantic. The building is about 160 years old and the rooms reflect that time period. High ceilings, tall doors, old style elevator, take you back to yesteryear. We could only stay two days but would have liked to stay longer.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
"Boutique Hotel in downtown Buenos Aries"
The hotel staff are really lovely and positive. They were happy to make calls for me, book a massage and because it's such a small place they always new if I was in or out. Great free breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal, yummy baked goods and bread, excellent coffee. Third floor of a an old European style building in downtown Buenos Aries, looks a little sketchy when you walk into it (old stairs and elevator) but once you get to the third floor the concierge opens to the door to a beautiful lobby with high ceilings and chandeliers. Tango teacher is awesome. 24 hour concierge and security camera so I always felt safe getting in really late at night (early in the morning). I expect that the younger you are the more pleasing this kind of place would be to you, especially good if you're thinking about hostels because it's just a little more expensive and 10 times nicer. But there were other guests there in their 40's and 50's too. Really wonderful experience all around.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
NEl
"Hotel Rooney: a slightly-faded classic-and elegant"
We had booked the Rooney for two days, and ended up there for six. The price was very good, and the hotel cozy and well-located. This is an older building, probably from the 30's or 40's, but thoroughly modern-except for the classic European-style 'Birdcage' elevator, which reminded us of older buildings in Paris. The staff very accommodating, except for one slightly dismissive young man on the night shift, but I suspect someone put a bee in his bonnet as his attitude improved overnight. Breakfast was Continental, but more than sufficient. The Rooney is convenient to the Avenida Callao 'Subte', which you should be using as it is inexpensive and fast. Try the Rooney-you'll enjoy the experience.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Seva
"Slightly-seedy but cozy stay off Avd Callao"
Through the bank-vault front door and on into the bird-cage elevator, this hotel reeks of faded charm. Occupying one floor (the 3rd-or fourth) of an old building just off busy Avd Callao, Rooneys is both charming and laid-back. The rooms went from the floor up about 25' and were mostly original, including the charming foot bath in the bathroom. A decent Continental-style breakfast comes with the room, and most of the staff were kind and helpful-except for a certain borderline-surly young man who never did come up with a plausible answer that would explain why my companion's ropa intima were mixed with my own, and the whereabouts of 3 sets of ropa intima and a pair of khaki pants of my own. When all is said and done, I would recommend Rooneys to anyone outside the Hilton/Sheraton mindset. Enjoy!
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2013
Seva
"Slightly faded Glory just off Av. Callao"
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Seva
"Good hotel close to all local amenities"
Arrived very early in the morning after overnight travel, the staff were very professional, my room wasnt ready so they very quickly changed the room so I cold go in and get some sleep .Very quaint boutique hotel with just 14 bedrooms, very well furnished .The staff all spoke fluent English and were very pleasant. Breakfast was very well presented and set in a nice dining room very well appointed.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Alan
"The best budget hotel!"
For the price, you get a clean 3-Star boutique hotel that employ helpful and friendly staff. The location is safe too. My only complaint is that the WiFi only works in the public area and not in your room.
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Busy downtown site"
Similar to two star pensione in Europe. Did not expect a third floor hotel from the pics and a PBS review I had seen. Could walk to almost any site. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spare and clean.The breakfast was a decided plus. The people I met terrific.
4 night trip Mar 31, 2013
"“Home Away From Home!”"
When traveling and away from home, we think it wonderful to stay in a place where we can absorb the local feel and feel as though we're "Home Away from Home"...and "Rooney's" is it! And besides being a small and charming 12-room boutique hotel #we equate to a hybrid hotel / guesthouse / B&B#, Rooney's has a crown jewel named "Vanessa" #and other wonderful staff#. And Vanessa knoweth all...and will enhance your Buenos Aires visit ten-fold and make you feel as welcome and special as anyone anywhere can. We stayed at Rooney's on three separate occasions for a total seven nights and dragged our feet when we had to leave. And so the next time you're in Buenos Aires, do yourself a favor and stay at Rooney's...with a crown jewel named "Vanessa!" Room Tip: Upgrade to a Deluxe room...and request Sarmiento St corridor...worth it!
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
"Great hotel at a reasonable price"
Hotel staff (especially Vanessa) extremely hospitable and helpful.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
"A classic"
Antique furniture, high ceilings, claw foot tub, and French doors to a balcony that overlooks the city. This is a romantic hotel that has an old world feel.
Other trip Feb 6, 2013
Netta
"Excellent boutique hotel for couples"
Good central location. Very clean with professional english speaking staff so kind and helpful (Vanessa and Juan in particular). Great room service. Delicious breakfast My wife and I loved our stay. Some street noise is a part of big city and unavoidable.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
Nick
"great hotel for English speaking travelers"
great, service was great, people were extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
"A wonderfull stay and great location!"
Only concerns from my part; Shower space is small, and the locks are not the easiest to operate. But the locks part is due to the use of original "very vintage" type of door locks! Hotel is cute, staff is excellent and it is superbly located!
Other trip Sep 22, 2012
Moises

"Lovely Old Building, Would Recommend"
The building had charming touches in terms of decor. Well maintained. Our room was set up as we had requested and was clean. There was a bar but there was no bar service offerede. We had early departure and were served breakfast in our room (coffee, OK, medialunas). We returned to BA and stayed in 2 hotels for business and then another hotel for holiday at the and the Rooney neighbourhood was not one that we would choose again. Having said that, it was better than a couple of other areas of the city in terms of safety/security. The hotel itself was very secure. The two receptionists we met were very friendly and we received a particularly warm welcome on arrival. However, the restaurant recommendation was not great and when we returned from dinner there was no electricity in the hotel. The receptionist said it was something unusual and could not be fixed until morning but when I spoke to the owner (who was charming and wanted us to return later in our visit so he could put things right) he said there were rolling blackouts around the city. We did not encounter this again in the other 6 nights we stayed in BA. There was no back up so we had to use torches and there was no air-con. Overall it was good value for money (just for the ride in the original cage lift!) and the owner did seem to care about our disappointment so if you need to be in this area I would recommend the hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
G
"Excellent stay"
Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, great price
5 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Tish
"Quirky place to stay"
Well located hotel, can be difficult to find though! We were happy with our stay, room was lovely and the staff, especially Aurellia, were very helpful.Breakfast was adequate.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Anna Sage
Quaint little hotel in central BA. Very clean. Owner was very helpfull and accomodating. Hotel even offers tango lessons. Nice breakfast included.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
Anne
MX
"Homely atmosphere"
Was first put into front room facing the street and was very noisy but got a nice quiet room @ the back and felt very private.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Ann
"Our first visit to Buenos Aires"
This friendly hotel was everything we wished for, and came with a very warm welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. Big thank you to all concerned.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
Taylor
"Beautiful atmosphere"
Beautiful old building, immaculately kept. Lovely, helpful owners and staff. Delicious breakfasts, great location.... highly recommend. Only negative comment, the door bell rings loudly until late into the night, so that plus guests entering and speaking loudly at reception can keep you awake if in a room near reception. When we mentioned this, though, they kindly upgraded us to a beautiful room. They let us check in early so we didn't have to wander the streets, and it was nice to have decent check out time of noon, too.
Other trip Jan 18, 2013
"character hotel loved it"
It's a very small boutique hotel with lovely staff, character, good breakfast, lovely rooms, old fashioned but all mod cons. \we walked everywhere from here, or caught taxis or buses, thoroughly enjoyed being in a small hotel where the people care about you. \we also met other travellers here who were enjoying the experience. very clean and comfortable. \tango lesson was nice inclusion and a cup of tea and biscuit on arrival. thanks \kieran and staff
Other trip Jan 9, 2013
"Enjoyed our stay"
Stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our holiday then joined a cruise. Returned to the hotel at the end of our cruise. The hotel is very unique, very small entrance with one old fashioned lift to hotel floor. Good security. Loved the high ceilings and the rooms. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Handy to grocery shopping. Very good buffet breakfast provided. Staff were very helpful. We arrived there approximately 10am after our cruise and were able to go to our room, plus they brought cups of coffee and cake to us. We had to leave early the next morning and they offered to bring coffee/tea to our room before our departure. Very central position. Street was a bit noisy through the night on our first stay as our room overlooked the road but we had a quieter room on our return.
Other trip Dec 12, 2012
Elaine
"It is not worth for the money you pay."
Great Location, Very helpful staff, Below average buffet breakfast, Hotel needs renovation badly.
Other trip Nov 16, 2012
Zlatko
"Great boutique hotel."
A true gem in Bs Aires, Rooneys is a boutique hotel situated very centrally for visiting the main tourist sites in Bs Aires. Apart from an uncomfy mattress and squeaky bed, this hotel is frankly amazing for the price. The cleanest hotel I have seen for a good while! Great service, nice breakfast; would stay there again without hesitation.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
Jon

"Hotellet kan bli mycket bättre"
Hotellrummet var fint enligt bilderna på internet men badrummet var inte lika bra, det saknade till exempel nånstans att hänga handdukar och det rann vatten över hela golvet när man duschade. Det fanns inte kaffe 24 timmar om dagen som det står på sajten utan det som eventuellt finns är det kaffe som råkar bli över från frukosten.
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Roberto
SE
"Um bom duas estrelas"
O Hotel se autodenomina Hotel Boutique, eu não sou expert mas imaginava que este título dava-se a um hotel muito bem decorado e com algo além. Este hotel fica em um prédio muito antigo, as instalações também são é a válvula da descarga continuamente dava problemas. A roupa de cama estava ok é a limpeza do quarto também. Café da manhã básico mas gostoso. Preço justo para que oferece. Ficaria de novo porém sabendo que é um bom duas estrelas.
3 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
Marcelo
"Agradable"
Muy amable la atención. No es un lugar lujoso pero si, muy cálido y reconfortable. La limpieza del lugar es impecable. El desayuno fresco y de calidad. La atención cordial y personal.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Carlos David
"Recomendarle hotel"
Solo mejoraría la cama. Lo demás está bien o muy bien, como la atención, limpieza y desayuno. Gracias
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
delfino edgardo
"No recomendable."
Llegue al hotel con la reserva realizada y me dijeron que no había habitación, que era un error de la pagina y no me dieron ninguna solución. Ni siquiera se preocuparon por ayudarme.
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
AR
"Excelente ubicación, lugar cálido y acogedor"
Buen lugar acorde al precio, muy buena ubicación , linda decoración , Muy buena la atencion. Recomendable
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Valeria
"Me gustó"
me gustó la cercanía con el metro y Av corrientes
3 night romance trip May 20, 2015
Alejandro
CL
"Bueno. Recomendable"
La atención del personal excelente. El desayuno regular. La habitación muy linda. La zona regular muy ruidosa. Lo que destacó es la buena onda del personal y lo peor tener que ducharme con agua fría una mañana x q no salia agua caliente
2 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Miguel Angel
"Hotel clássico"
É um hotel diferente do tipo clássico e foi isso que me atraiu no momento da reserva e valeu a pena. Pois, me senti como um portenho no início do século com a decoração clássica e bem cuidada, mas sem cheiro de mofo de hotel velho. Apenas não recebeu nota máxima devido a cama desconfortável e ao despreparo da recepção.
5 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Paulo Fernando
"bom hotel"
apesar da entrada do hotel ser muito estranha,e não lembrar em nada um hotel, o resto é bem adequado.
5 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015