All hotels in La Romana, Dominican Republic

Food is all right
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"A lil paradise"
Overall, it was a nice hotel however, they need more activities for kids than 2 foosball tables in the evenings. With plenty of downtime, tv was out more than 24 hours! I will need to check credit card to make no addition al chsrges were added. Hopefully, all is well as I forgot to request a receipt! The beach is less than desireable since property is next to river. However a a daytrip to sanao island took care of the need for a beach...we visited at least 3 wonderful beaches!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
getaway
"Decent place"
Was not what we expected. Our room was ok, but the air conditioning kept going out. It took 3 requests and a complaint to management to get it fixed the first time. They re-filled the "gas" meaning the freon, I suggested that there was most likely a leak. It went out 2 more times and I had to request a different room, this should have been done much sooner and should have been offered to us without me having to go to the front desk and demand to switch rooms. Lack of urgency.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
charlie
"Playa Nueva Romana, Bahia Principe"
We have stayed at this resort in the past and it seems that it needs some TLC: 1. The front door does not close properly and is jammed because of humidity. 2. The safe inside the room is poorly located and hard to reach; one needs to pay a daily fee for this service. 3. There are not enough fans in the lobby to keep cool and the ones they have provide poor ventilation. 4. When the new road in front of the resort was finished it is my understanding that the owner decided not to pay the government for an access turn coming from La Romana; one needs to drive two miles to turn around; this is ridiculous!
8 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Carlos
"a wonderful vacation destination"
My fiancee' and I just spent a week at this all inclusive resort. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. The beach was quiet and perfect. The hotel restaurants were very good, especially Le Gourmet (French restaurant). Overall, we had a fabulous time and we highly recommend this resort.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Very close to the beach and everything is clean."
Staffs were great and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The room itself was very clean. The food was great and love the pool with the mini bar.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Karla
"Nice hotel for what you pay for"
It's a very pretty hotel. Good for families. The staff had their days. Sometimes they were really nice and then the next day they didn't want to be bothered. There was only 5 very nice and friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Family vacation"
Very clean facility, professional stuff, great animation team, fun shows...
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
D.J.
"Read this before you book!!!!"
buffet full of flies, disgusting. Buffet quality sucks. In addtion service quality is an unknown term for the staff and employees. Taxi cabs try to rip you off and mmake you pay $80 rd trip to the center of the town (only 25 kms away) Guess what, I am not coming back to this hotel ever.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2015
Rafael
"Nice hotel and great service"
We had a great time. The hotel was very nice and clean. The service was the best.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Yai
"Nice staff"
Expectacular, excellent staff, attention , safe place for kids
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"We enjoyed every minute of it!"
From the moment we walked into the lobby we knew it was going to be a great Vacation! Check in was easy, our room was beautiful in a nice location facing the pool, the buffet was beautiful and tasted delish!! The pool bartenders were really fun, they played a theme song for my husband everyday he went by the bar, really funny! We will be back!!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Cathy
"Excellent hotel for a couple getaway"
We always like to return to this charming resort. Our room was great, nice view, AC really working, pool super nice, beach a place to be, animation team super......overall experience 10/10.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Clau & Husband
"Just what I needed!"
Was exactly what I expected and needed. All inclusive, steps from the beach and drinks included. Although it is smaller than the one in Punta Cana it was otherwise exactly the same. I will go back! Probably to both. Completely satisfied!
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Dutch
My nephew and I enjoy the hotel very much, the food was great,drinks were great. they had great entertainment was very good. beach was great and the pool was also great. The staff was very attentive and was always there when you need them,friendly. I'm planning another trip with my husband since he was not able to come with me.also with my girlfriends.
Other trip May 19, 2015
MILLIE
"very unique and nice place"
Excellent staff ,very friendly ,helpful and welcoming
Other trip May 12, 2015
marco
"Excellent resort"
I had an awesome experience, the staff are friendly and the resort is not too crowded.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Aury
"Very nice hotel!"
Loved the hotel, Huge rooms and well kept. DID NOT LIKE THE SERVICE. No pool or beach service, slow and not much training.
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Wonderful family vacation"
It was a wonderful relaxing family vacation. The food was very good and the pool and beach were beautiful. We all loved staying here.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
YURI
"Grand Bahia"
Beautiful grounds, and an overall nice place. For me the watered down drinks and the low quality food brought down the experience a bit. Lucikly for me i was able to travel off the resort for some good Dominican food.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Very nice and clean. Close to the beach"
We had a great time. Sun was shinning everyday. It was 87 everyday!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
rima g
"Good beach but lots of facilities issues."
Our room did not have working air conditioning for 4/6 days. The fifth day they finally gave us a new room but that one smelled like paint and had a poorly working refrigerator. It was challenging to get our issues resolved.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Mel_waukee
"Beautiful hotel"
Loved the hotel,food was good. I loved the exterior felt like paradise with all the trees and beautiful flowers. cleanliness was on point,service was great.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Cristina
"Very nice hotel complex"
Aside from a challenging check-in process, the overall hotel experience was very good. We were assigned one room and told to go to another very isolated hotel complex. After a bit of a hassle we were reassigned another room for a third time; this time, at a better agreeable location.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
JLH
"BEAUTIFUL"
Love that it was for adults only. Great beach access Great service Love Eduardo pool bartender Love Hector beach bartender Love Alexis Excellent food The only thing is that they need to upgrade their Beds! And last but not least the SPA JUST HEAVEN
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Teacher
"Nice Hotel Ideal to relax with family or friends"
Very nice place, ideal to relax with your family or friends. Staff is very nice, and available if you need sthg, and not too pushy if you don't want to participate to the activities Food is good, not excellent but good ! Even if full, the hotel doesn't seem crowded, and this is sthg we really enjoyed. As for the negative side, it is that you have to book the restaurants much in advance to have the possibility to eat there.... Also, if you want to go to Dominican Republic for the clear blue sea, this is definitely not the place for you.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Celine
"A dream vacation"
The food, staff, location, entertainment, cleanliness, ... everything was fantastic! Thank you and we want to come back!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Bernard
"Nice hotel, right next to beach"
Main complaint, not enough cash machines on premises, and hotel will not help you get any. We ran into an issue in the mornings no matter what time you showed up for breakfast, they would run out of items and likely not get any the remainder of the day or next some mornings ( black tea etc) Wifi was awful even after purchasing a seperate wifi card could not log on spotty and expensive. Entertainment and the staff and the grounds were wonderful. All in all would return here
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Hotel's facilities are nice, but......"
Pros: - Hotel's facilities, staff, food, pools, cleanliness. 4+ stars - no doubt. Cons: - ocean water is not blue/Caribbean style. hotel is located near the local river - which constantly adds dirty/green water to the ocean water. very few people dared to swim in this swamp. all beachfront views/pictures look horrible. - there are NO kids activities. All they have is the "miniclub" - which means that your kids sit indoors, locked up, and it is closed most of the time. I ended up spending $150/day for a private babysitter to watch my kids directly 11am-3am.. - hotel is very focused on couples/family/seniors. Very few single people. The local disco-club is a joke - closes at 2am. We met bunch of single people who had to fork out extra on a taxi to take them somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Vovan
"Resort is far from Punta Cana and food is bland!!"
I booked our family vacation earlier this year and soon afterwards started seeing negative reviews about this hotel in regards to food poisoning. I was worried because I was traveling with my 10 and 7 year old kids. We stayed there from March 27- April 2, 2015 PROS: *NO ONE FROM MY GROUP GOT SICK! Thank God :-) *Beautiful, well maintained resort grounds and clean pool area. *Plenty of pool and beach seating and shaded spots. *Plenty of bottled water/sodas *Plenty of pool/beach sport/entertainment activities *Well planned evening shows, DJ, dance *Quiet and family oriented resort-no wild partying college students here CONS: *The presentation of the buffet was beautiful (4 stars) but the taste is bland (2 stars) *Their restaurants are nothing special. Kids menu is not appetizing *The bar drinks are a joke.... It's watered down rum and cheap wine *They do not have good service in the dining areas and bar. Waited 1/2 hour for a fork to be brought to dining table and water glass to be refilled *Resort is too far from excursions- takes hour and half each way driving to ziplining and marinarium which made the excursions more expensive and took a whole day per excursion *Paid $296 for 4 people round trip transfer to PUJ airport *Rooms need updating-not enough drawers-lived out of suitcase all week *Wi-fi is a joke *Beach sand is dark and uninviting unlike the white sands of Punta Cana If you stay here get Club Golden which offers better services and fly into la romana airport
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Jen
"Great Resort that has a little of everything."
Great Resort! An amazing 7 day vacation. Location: It's really private and well secured (two security checkpoints to pass through). Because it's remote, a lot of the excursions will have extra time on the bus. Food: The food is really good. A lot of choices from the buffet. The fine dinning restaurants have limited choices but all taste very good. For the guys make sure you wear pants/slacks to the Le Gourmet Restaurant. I arrived in shorts and had to change. Pool/Beach: The pool is very nice with a swim up bar. There's on going activities during the course of the day (water aerobics, etc..), so if want more quite you can always head to the opposite side to pool, or better yet head to the beach and get lost underneath the tons of palm trees and just hear the ocean. The beach is nice, however the water isn't clear but one hardly notices. We recommend the excursion to Catalina Island were you spend the day in crystal clear water snorkeling and beautiful beaches with turquoise blue water and white sand. Staff: Very friendly staff that go out of there way to accommodate you. Room: We had a junior suite and it was nice. High ceilings with a nice bathroom that included a Bidet. Our room overlooked the beach side with a great view. Nightly activities: Every evening there are activities you can attend (beach parties, dance shows, etc.) The shows aren't the best in the world but are entertaining. Overall: Great place to get away!!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice. Beach not the best"
We did not enjoy The beach The water was cool , And my dougther got bit by a gellyfish. The Pool was frizing too
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Very good this hotel is nice and the staff is excellent
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"overall a disappointing experience"
Overall it was a week I would like to forget. Aside from the weather the trip was terrible. The staff was rude, slow and generally uninterested in the guests. At times we seemed to bother them. No pool side service and lobby service was not existent.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
sal
"nice resort but disappointing staff and service"
We chose this resort because we stayed at a Gran Bahia in Mexico. This being our first trip to DR we thought this would be a safe pick. This resort was a complete disappointment. Service was extremely slow and at times non existent. They did not understand or speak English and when you tried to communicate with them they would give up and walk away. Bars would run out of ice and water. One Day certain liquors were an upcharge and the next day the were not. ALL staff seemed to be bothered by the guests. Food was questionable has several in our party got sick. The a la carte restaurants required our group to make two reservations at two different times because they could not accommodate a party of 11 at once. So they made one for 6 at 6:45 and one for 5 at 7. we arrive and the place was completely empty. When we asked to join two tables together they refused and said it was against the rules. So we sat down and when they poured wine they almost dropped the bottle on my head. Thankfully he caught it and somehow the splash of wine missed my entirely and onto the floor. They never cleaned it up. Basically in the two restaurants we used it was really the same food from the buffet on bigger fancier china with more garnish. They charged us $20 US for use of the safe in the room. On more than one occasion we never received our drinks when we ordered them. Average wait time for a drink when there was 4 bartenders and only 6-9 people around the bar was 20 minutes. Terrible
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
sal
"Nice resort excellent service"
Very nice resort, the service was excellent just the cost for tours were a little bit high, in my opinion, and I think that was due to the fact that the staff depended mainly from commissions. Everything was new and clean. Good was excellent. Really only two things that I did not like were: one, that you needed reservation to go eat at one of the restaurants, and food in the restaurants wasn't that good. Buffet was much better! And two: that the water at the beach wasn't cristal clear but dark because of the river close by. And for two days there were many little jellyfish.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
laura
Excellent cost benefit. Great hotel for families since the beach has very calm waters, although it's not caribbean transparent, it's very pleasing. Would not recommend to young adults looking for night excitement.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Very nice"
I like, I rly like the hotel, but many old people. but I still like
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
hubert
Do not be surprised if your room not cleaned when you came back from the beach. Sometimes room service is done around 4:30 - 5pm. Unfortunately you cannot take a shower after the ocean and have to wait for towels. Towels are also distributed to rooms after 4-5pm. It seems like in general this resort is moving down with its rating very quick.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
very good place to go I would recommend it for everyone
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Just OK. Room service still needs an improvement.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"ok"
Nice view, don't like the beach, don't like the food. I like the tour to Catalina Island and Saona Island
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Nelly
"we were all sick"
There is a stomach bug in the hotel, our whole family (4 people) plus 2 friends and other people we talked to were sick. Luckily it only lasts one day, but definitely crossed the location out of the list of those to be visited again. Also, the sea water is nothing like the picture - the color is actually beige. This is caused by the algae living there. Every day hotel staff pulls out a net full of this algae and they take it out in 2 carts. The story repeats every morning. The food was also disappointing - lots of pickles, but not many fresh vegetables.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Lada
"Nice hotel, don't like the beach."
The hotel seems to be nice, the staff wasn't as nice as I expected it. I didn't like the beach there. I got sick with the food. They had 24hrs Medic on site that costed me extra money.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Nelly
"Nice... close to the beach. .."
The hotel end beach.nice only the food end personal nide more atención ...(amability).
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Charlie.
"Be aware"
This whole experience was definitely interesting. When we arrived we were pleased with how the hotel looked and the grounds were very well kempt! Then things started going down hill. Check in took forever-it was supposed to be at 3:00pm and we arrived at 4:45pm and the room was not ready, they couldn't find our booking on the computer even after we confirmed, we weren't greeted with a drink like other reviews had mentioned; the woman who was supposed to greet us was sitting on the stairs chatting with the bell boy. When we were finally taken care of and directed to our room the room keys didn't work. We went back to Reception where they registered the keys correctly and then we walked back to our room-the keys worked this time. We entered a hot, musty room where the lights didn't work. We called reception and they sent an electrician who came to look at the issue and realized we had been missing a key card that activates the lights and air conditioning which we should have already have had in the room or should have been given to us at reception upon arrival. That was how we started our trip! Later, we had a personal issue which we brought to Reception and management but they did not seem to care or want to fix anything or ensure we had been taken care of. It was very disheartening and disappointing! Especially coming from someone who is in the business, who knows and understands the inner workings of this industry. Every client should feel safe, secure and taken care of.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Megan
"STAY AWAY, THEY HAVE STOMACH BUG!"
We stayed at this hotel Jan 2-11, 2015. One after another we were down with stomach infection (4 people in our group and 2 friends). It is probably the water they are serving. Also don't expect blue water as on the picture - the water in the sea is beige in color due to lots of algae. We were told that this was due to a sugar cane processing plant that was built recently. Apparently, it contaminated the water around. There were not enough fresh vegetables and fruits served, lots of pickled stuff which you have no idea how many days it was there. To cut the long story short - NEVER AGAIN!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Lada
"Beautiful hotel worth the price"
Had a great stay for New Years. Buffett was great, restaurants ok. Resort was beautiful but water was murky. Ac was cold but mattress was hard. Plenty to do And had a great time. New Years celebration was awesome they did a great job.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
stmlax24
"Excellent hotel staff"
Great location, beautiful hotel and beach. Exception ell hotel staff that made sure everyone had and pleasant stay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Fred
"No good costumer services"
My boyfriend and I both got sick intoxication because the seafood is not fresh
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"older resort next to beach"
Alot of bugs @ beach,Bring Spary, maids did a excellent job on room, you have to be up by 8am to find a chair because guests have the chairs draped with towels. Grounds kept up,looks very nice
Other trip Dec 27, 2014