All hotels in La Romana, Dominican Republic
Carretera San Pedro, Km 12, La Romana, La Romana, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Reasonable beach
    Food is all right
    Room is all right
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Just what I needed!"
Was exactly what I expected and needed. All inclusive, steps from the beach and drinks included. Although it is smaller than the one in Punta Cana it was otherwise exactly the same. I will go back! Probably to both. Completely satisfied!
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Dutch
My nephew and I enjoy the hotel very much, the food was great,drinks were great. they had great entertainment was very good. beach was great and the pool was also great. The staff was very attentive and was always there when you need them,friendly. I'm planning another trip with my husband since he was not able to come with me.also with my girlfriends.
Other trip May 19, 2015
MILLIE
"very unique and nice place"
Excellent staff ,very friendly ,helpful and welcoming
Other trip May 12, 2015
marco
"Excellent resort"
I had an awesome experience, the staff are friendly and the resort is not too crowded.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Aury
"Very nice hotel!"
Loved the hotel, Huge rooms and well kept. DID NOT LIKE THE SERVICE. No pool or beach service, slow and not much training.
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Wonderful family vacation"
It was a wonderful relaxing family vacation. The food was very good and the pool and beach were beautiful. We all loved staying here.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
YURI
"Grand Bahia"
Beautiful grounds, and an overall nice place. For me the watered down drinks and the low quality food brought down the experience a bit. Lucikly for me i was able to travel off the resort for some good Dominican food.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Very nice and clean. Close to the beach"
We had a great time. Sun was shinning everyday. It was 87 everyday!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
rima g
"Good beach but lots of facilities issues."
Our room did not have working air conditioning for 4/6 days. The fifth day they finally gave us a new room but that one smelled like paint and had a poorly working refrigerator. It was challenging to get our issues resolved.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Mel_waukee
"Beautiful hotel"
Loved the hotel,food was good. I loved the exterior felt like paradise with all the trees and beautiful flowers. cleanliness was on point,service was great.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Cristina
"Very nice hotel complex"
Aside from a challenging check-in process, the overall hotel experience was very good. We were assigned one room and told to go to another very isolated hotel complex. After a bit of a hassle we were reassigned another room for a third time; this time, at a better agreeable location.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
JLH
"BEAUTIFUL"
Love that it was for adults only. Great beach access Great service Love Eduardo pool bartender Love Hector beach bartender Love Alexis Excellent food The only thing is that they need to upgrade their Beds! And last but not least the SPA JUST HEAVEN
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Teacher
"Nice Hotel Ideal to relax with family or friends"
Very nice place, ideal to relax with your family or friends. Staff is very nice, and available if you need sthg, and not too pushy if you don't want to participate to the activities Food is good, not excellent but good ! Even if full, the hotel doesn't seem crowded, and this is sthg we really enjoyed. As for the negative side, it is that you have to book the restaurants much in advance to have the possibility to eat there.... Also, if you want to go to Dominican Republic for the clear blue sea, this is definitely not the place for you.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Celine
"A dream vacation"
The food, staff, location, entertainment, cleanliness, ... everything was fantastic! Thank you and we want to come back!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Bernard
"Nice hotel, right next to beach"
Main complaint, not enough cash machines on premises, and hotel will not help you get any. We ran into an issue in the mornings no matter what time you showed up for breakfast, they would run out of items and likely not get any the remainder of the day or next some mornings ( black tea etc) Wifi was awful even after purchasing a seperate wifi card could not log on spotty and expensive. Entertainment and the staff and the grounds were wonderful. All in all would return here
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Hotel's facilities are nice, but......"
Pros: - Hotel's facilities, staff, food, pools, cleanliness. 4+ stars - no doubt. Cons: - ocean water is not blue/Caribbean style. hotel is located near the local river - which constantly adds dirty/green water to the ocean water. very few people dared to swim in this swamp. all beachfront views/pictures look horrible. - there are NO kids activities. All they have is the "miniclub" - which means that your kids sit indoors, locked up, and it is closed most of the time. I ended up spending $150/day for a private babysitter to watch my kids directly 11am-3am.. - hotel is very focused on couples/family/seniors. Very few single people. The local disco-club is a joke - closes at 2am. We met bunch of single people who had to fork out extra on a taxi to take them somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Vovan
"Resort is far from Punta Cana and food is bland!!"
I booked our family vacation earlier this year and soon afterwards started seeing negative reviews about this hotel in regards to food poisoning. I was worried because I was traveling with my 10 and 7 year old kids. We stayed there from March 27- April 2, 2015 PROS: *NO ONE FROM MY GROUP GOT SICK! Thank God :-) *Beautiful, well maintained resort grounds and clean pool area. *Plenty of pool and beach seating and shaded spots. *Plenty of bottled water/sodas *Plenty of pool/beach sport/entertainment activities *Well planned evening shows, DJ, dance *Quiet and family oriented resort-no wild partying college students here CONS: *The presentation of the buffet was beautiful (4 stars) but the taste is bland (2 stars) *Their restaurants are nothing special. Kids menu is not appetizing *The bar drinks are a joke.... It's watered down rum and cheap wine *They do not have good service in the dining areas and bar. Waited 1/2 hour for a fork to be brought to dining table and water glass to be refilled *Resort is too far from excursions- takes hour and half each way driving to ziplining and marinarium which made the excursions more expensive and took a whole day per excursion *Paid $296 for 4 people round trip transfer to PUJ airport *Rooms need updating-not enough drawers-lived out of suitcase all week *Wi-fi is a joke *Beach sand is dark and uninviting unlike the white sands of Punta Cana If you stay here get Club Golden which offers better services and fly into la romana airport
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Jen
"Great Resort that has a little of everything."
Great Resort! An amazing 7 day vacation. Location: It's really private and well secured (two security checkpoints to pass through). Because it's remote, a lot of the excursions will have extra time on the bus. Food: The food is really good. A lot of choices from the buffet. The fine dinning restaurants have limited choices but all taste very good. For the guys make sure you wear pants/slacks to the Le Gourmet Restaurant. I arrived in shorts and had to change. Pool/Beach: The pool is very nice with a swim up bar. There's on going activities during the course of the day (water aerobics, etc..), so if want more quite you can always head to the opposite side to pool, or better yet head to the beach and get lost underneath the tons of palm trees and just hear the ocean. The beach is nice, however the water isn't clear but one hardly notices. We recommend the excursion to Catalina Island were you spend the day in crystal clear water snorkeling and beautiful beaches with turquoise blue water and white sand. Staff: Very friendly staff that go out of there way to accommodate you. Room: We had a junior suite and it was nice. High ceilings with a nice bathroom that included a Bidet. Our room overlooked the beach side with a great view. Nightly activities: Every evening there are activities you can attend (beach parties, dance shows, etc.) The shows aren't the best in the world but are entertaining. Overall: Great place to get away!!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice. Beach not the best"
We did not enjoy The beach The water was cool , And my dougther got bit by a gellyfish. The Pool was frizing too
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Very good this hotel is nice and the staff is excellent
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"overall a disappointing experience"
Overall it was a week I would like to forget. Aside from the weather the trip was terrible. The staff was rude, slow and generally uninterested in the guests. At times we seemed to bother them. No pool side service and lobby service was not existent.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
sal
"nice resort but disappointing staff and service"
We chose this resort because we stayed at a Gran Bahia in Mexico. This being our first trip to DR we thought this would be a safe pick. This resort was a complete disappointment. Service was extremely slow and at times non existent. They did not understand or speak English and when you tried to communicate with them they would give up and walk away. Bars would run out of ice and water. One Day certain liquors were an upcharge and the next day the were not. ALL staff seemed to be bothered by the guests. Food was questionable has several in our party got sick. The a la carte restaurants required our group to make two reservations at two different times because they could not accommodate a party of 11 at once. So they made one for 6 at 6:45 and one for 5 at 7. we arrive and the place was completely empty. When we asked to join two tables together they refused and said it was against the rules. So we sat down and when they poured wine they almost dropped the bottle on my head. Thankfully he caught it and somehow the splash of wine missed my entirely and onto the floor. They never cleaned it up. Basically in the two restaurants we used it was really the same food from the buffet on bigger fancier china with more garnish. They charged us $20 US for use of the safe in the room. On more than one occasion we never received our drinks when we ordered them. Average wait time for a drink when there was 4 bartenders and only 6-9 people around the bar was 20 minutes. Terrible
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
sal
"Nice resort excellent service"
Very nice resort, the service was excellent just the cost for tours were a little bit high, in my opinion, and I think that was due to the fact that the staff depended mainly from commissions. Everything was new and clean. Good was excellent. Really only two things that I did not like were: one, that you needed reservation to go eat at one of the restaurants, and food in the restaurants wasn't that good. Buffet was much better! And two: that the water at the beach wasn't cristal clear but dark because of the river close by. And for two days there were many little jellyfish.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
laura
Excellent cost benefit. Great hotel for families since the beach has very calm waters, although it's not caribbean transparent, it's very pleasing. Would not recommend to young adults looking for night excitement.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Very nice"
I like, I rly like the hotel, but many old people. but I still like
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
hubert
Do not be surprised if your room not cleaned when you came back from the beach. Sometimes room service is done around 4:30 - 5pm. Unfortunately you cannot take a shower after the ocean and have to wait for towels. Towels are also distributed to rooms after 4-5pm. It seems like in general this resort is moving down with its rating very quick.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
very good place to go I would recommend it for everyone
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Just OK. Room service still needs an improvement.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"ok"
Nice view, don't like the beach, don't like the food. I like the tour to Catalina Island and Saona Island
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Nelly
"we were all sick"
There is a stomach bug in the hotel, our whole family (4 people) plus 2 friends and other people we talked to were sick. Luckily it only lasts one day, but definitely crossed the location out of the list of those to be visited again. Also, the sea water is nothing like the picture - the color is actually beige. This is caused by the algae living there. Every day hotel staff pulls out a net full of this algae and they take it out in 2 carts. The story repeats every morning. The food was also disappointing - lots of pickles, but not many fresh vegetables.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Lada
"Nice hotel, don't like the beach."
The hotel seems to be nice, the staff wasn't as nice as I expected it. I didn't like the beach there. I got sick with the food. They had 24hrs Medic on site that costed me extra money.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Nelly
"Nice... close to the beach. .."
The hotel end beach.nice only the food end personal nide more atención ...(amability).
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Charlie.
"Be aware"
This whole experience was definitely interesting. When we arrived we were pleased with how the hotel looked and the grounds were very well kempt! Then things started going down hill. Check in took forever-it was supposed to be at 3:00pm and we arrived at 4:45pm and the room was not ready, they couldn't find our booking on the computer even after we confirmed, we weren't greeted with a drink like other reviews had mentioned; the woman who was supposed to greet us was sitting on the stairs chatting with the bell boy. When we were finally taken care of and directed to our room the room keys didn't work. We went back to Reception where they registered the keys correctly and then we walked back to our room-the keys worked this time. We entered a hot, musty room where the lights didn't work. We called reception and they sent an electrician who came to look at the issue and realized we had been missing a key card that activates the lights and air conditioning which we should have already have had in the room or should have been given to us at reception upon arrival. That was how we started our trip! Later, we had a personal issue which we brought to Reception and management but they did not seem to care or want to fix anything or ensure we had been taken care of. It was very disheartening and disappointing! Especially coming from someone who is in the business, who knows and understands the inner workings of this industry. Every client should feel safe, secure and taken care of.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Megan
"STAY AWAY, THEY HAVE STOMACH BUG!"
We stayed at this hotel Jan 2-11, 2015. One after another we were down with stomach infection (4 people in our group and 2 friends). It is probably the water they are serving. Also don't expect blue water as on the picture - the water in the sea is beige in color due to lots of algae. We were told that this was due to a sugar cane processing plant that was built recently. Apparently, it contaminated the water around. There were not enough fresh vegetables and fruits served, lots of pickled stuff which you have no idea how many days it was there. To cut the long story short - NEVER AGAIN!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Lada
"Beautiful hotel worth the price"
Had a great stay for New Years. Buffett was great, restaurants ok. Resort was beautiful but water was murky. Ac was cold but mattress was hard. Plenty to do And had a great time. New Years celebration was awesome they did a great job.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
stmlax24
"Excellent hotel staff"
Great location, beautiful hotel and beach. Exception ell hotel staff that made sure everyone had and pleasant stay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Fred
"No good costumer services"
My boyfriend and I both got sick intoxication because the seafood is not fresh
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"older resort next to beach"
Alot of bugs @ beach,Bring Spary, maids did a excellent job on room, you have to be up by 8am to find a chair because guests have the chairs draped with towels. Grounds kept up,looks very nice
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"D.R."
Nice resort with beautiful grounds and pools. The beach was something to be desired though; water was not clear due to river run off.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"lots of bugs"
first 2 days,got, bite 34 times,I think sand fleas or some other other insect.My husband thinks nats,We ended up by pool for the remainig 2 wks, only got 2 bites a day, cloudy,no waves,set in a cove.emp at hotel told us they dump garbage into the river that runs into ocean.Service at pool bar and lobby bar very slow,takes 5 min or more to get a drink., very hard beds,nothing to do but play bingo for us 60 yr olds,Food the same every day,unless you pay extra
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great Resort for a great price"
My husband and I were really pleased with the resort. The whole experience was very positive. Nice staff, good service, clean facilities, beautiful land, very well maintained, abundant food and drink. We were surprised after visiting because we had read so many bad reviews before but after our positive experience we realized that the people who wrote those bad reviews are probably never happy with anything. The only negative thing for us was that a shirt was stolen from our room. We didn't realize until our last day as we were packing but we informed the hotel staff.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
K&G
"Nice hotel, but location is not."
Everything is great, but the ocean. Hotel located near the river so water is greenish-yellow, not what you would expect from vacation destination on the island. If water color does not bother you, then everything else is nice.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Jurij
"Very disappointed in this resort"
We were very disappointed in the resort. The only good part was the staff were very pleasant and the front desk staff did the best they could to accommodate our complaints. I came with my daughter to do mission work on the bateys, so I was not at the resort that much, but when I was there it was extremely disappointing. The room was invested with mosquitos. When I asked about it, they said they are fine and are not malaria carriers. That was not the response I wanted. Additionally when they sprayed the room, the mosquitos were back with in 24 hours. I have been on the bateys for 3 years and never gotten one bite, yet at a RESORT I received over a dozen!! Not acceptable! The bathrooms were in poor condition, the towels were not clean and there were no extra towels, low lighting, a shower that had very little pressure, the beds were extremely hard and the air condition was inconsistent at best. Wi-Fi was sporadic in the lobby and we were not told that we could only use it for a consistent hour a day, and we were told if we bought a $50 hotspot we could use it anywhere in the resort, again that only place we could use it was the lobby. The pool and beach were fine, the food was bland and it was the same selection at all of the restaurants, and same food every day. Overall, it was a very big disappointment.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Jenny
"the water at beach is brown, very disappointing..."
the water at beach is brown, very disappointing...
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
tommy2thunder
Very nice ,clean and friendly good food the sstuff is very sympathetic and everybody works really hard
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
the food was average .the restaurents were below standerd. the water was not clean because of river debris
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
kassis
"Excellent hotel"
Ecxelent experience to relax and enjoy the beach and the food
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
jose
Hard to communicate not much English spoke. Could not get room service. Not enough things open late. Still had a great time.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Nice hotel with excellent service"
Beach not the best i have ever seen, but all the rest was pretty good
3 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
Ibrahim
"Bestie"
I would like to go again we my all family. I like the location and its super fun
jeffry