All hotels in Palmer, Alaska, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here29979 E Knik River Rd, Palmer, AK, 99645, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Nice cabin and what a view."
My brother and I stayed at the Knik on our way from nitnilchik to Fairbanks . Was really surprised that it was on a dead-end road. Liked that you could eat on premises and again what a view.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
richard
"Breathtaking views and cozy lodge"
Didn't have enough time here! Phenomenal views & beautifully decorated, cozy country modern stay. The views are worthy of a wedding venue!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Cleo

TripAdvisor reviews for Knik River Lodge

"Cozy cabins, great food and amazing flight seeing opportunities!"
04/07/15 Dan B Anchorage, Alaska, United States
I recently led a weekend photo workshop at the Knik River Lodge, and the location was wonderful- you're right at the doorstep of the Chugach Mountains, overlooking the massive Knik River gravel bar. The cabin layout was ideal for all of my guests, plus they're cozy and comfortable, and have just the right amenities so as to be both rustic and still offer a good quality vacation experience. The meals were very good. The food at some Alaska lodges are not aways something to write home about, but the cook at KRL did an amazing job with ingredients and he prepared delicious, hearty meals for us. We also did a helicopter flight seeing tour, which the KRL can arrange with a local heli service, and it was incredible. The company and pilot they use is top notch and added to the entire experienced. Peter the owner at KRL has built a really special and unique place out there and it's only a short drive from Anchorage. Great service, great food, wonderful experience- highly recommended!
"Fantastic Food!"
02/25/15 cosmogyrl24 Wasilla, Alaska
My hubby and I were given a groupon gift certificate to stay at the Knik River Lodge. We are locals (we live in Wasilla) and we figured it would be fun to head out there without knowing what to really expect. We arrived later in the afternoon and got settled in our cabin. They asked up what time we wanted to eat dinner and breakfast so they could have everything ready to go. The cabins were cute and simple. They had a books and movies available for people to borrow but its hard to watch tv when you have scenery like there is here (unless it's a cold rainy afternoon) As we were walking to dinner, we realize dinner is served in a yurt. But this yurt was different. Fine wines, AMAZING (seriously, amazing) food for both dinner and breakfast, nice ambiance, and great service made our stay even better. For locals, I think we all know that this is a usual tourist spot but its honestly a hidden gem. It's pricey but worth it, at least to experience it once. We will be fore sure returning.
"Romance in Paradise"
10/29/14 sasanat
It seems like driving nowhere... even the car navigation map is speechless... and then you arrive to a semi paradise. So calm. So hugging. Just like being at home but so far from yours. Great ace. Wonderful view. Lovely welcome. Friendly guys. And such a great restaurant. Alaska is once in a life time trip. So don't miss knik river lodge!
"Magnificent location"
09/27/14 Hans_10 Helmond, The Netherlands
The Knik river lodge has a magnificent location near Chugach park. The cabins are not very large however. And when the weather is not good it can be very wet and cold. Dinner is served in a Mongolian style tent. Dinner is very good. Breakfast is served at the cabin. It is simple and not very special.
"Fabulous !"
09/15/14 Vince O Luton, United Kingdom
My wife and I finished our tour of Alaska at this venue; absolutely wonderful. Incredible Scenery surrounds the site; mountains and river. It is somewhat remote (20 miles from Palmer) but that just adds to its charm. The cabins are detached; so no noisy neighbours; and very comfortable. We had a large kingsize bed. The restaurant is a tent (Yete ?) and the food is fabulous. Delicious; full of flavour. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The waiter (Arthur) had very good suggestions from the menu. Most reviews mention the helicopter trips etc but, if you are in the vicinity, do not miss out a visit to Hatcher Pass; incredibile scenery and easy to get to.
"So many wonderful extras"
09/11/14 Carol O New York City, New York
I don't know where to begin when writing this review. There are so many things to write about. First, I was staying in Seward and couldn't find a place to stay that I liked for the next night. I found the Knik River Lodge on trip advisor and phoned about 9 PM, hoping that maybe they'd have a vacancy. Peter, the owner, answered the phone. He said he's usually not in the office that late but I lucked out. He offered me a great rate which I gladly accepted. He also told me about a helicopter trip that was available and had one seat left. I wasn't sure about the helicopter as I had never been on one. Thank you to both Rebekka and Beth who work in the office for encouraging me to take the ride. Both of these women were so helpful and a pleasure to meet. The ride was such an adventure. Joe, the pilot, was so encouraging. We hiked on the glacier once we landed. I would have been content to stay at the helicopter as I was somewhat anxious about walking around. Joe let me hold on to him as we navigated the glacier. He was an excellent pilot. I felt so safe with him. The views from the cabins are beautiful. The dinner was delicious. Thank you Arthur for being such a great server. There was a fire pit at the lodge. At the other places I stayed with a fire pit, I never used it because it felt too overwhelming to set up the fire. At Knik River Lodge, the lovely people who worked there set up the fire for me and lit it. I had made some friends who were visiting form Germany and we all sat around and enjoyed the fire. What a wonderful experience. Thank you Peter for helping out with a good last minute rate and thanks to everyone else who made my visit so enjoyable.
"Great Cabin in a Scenic Location"
08/30/14 Tom168 Waunakee, Wisconsin
My wife and I spent two nights at Knik River Lodge on a recent trip to Alaska and were very happy with our stay there. The cabins are very clean and nice and were supplied with everything we needed. The setting is a quiet, beautiful river valley surrounded by mountains. The staff is friendly and helpful. We also took the helicopter flight that departs from the lodge to Knik Glacier and very much enjoyed that. Our pilot, Joseph, did a super job of flying us to the glacier and showing us sights while on the glacier. He even took pictures of us at various spots on the glacier. We would definitely recommend both the lodge and the helicopter tour.
"The Best Place to Stay!"
08/28/14 Densie T Chicago, Illinois
My best friend and I just recently came back from a week long stay. The lodge was quaint and the staff was fabulous! Not to mention, a couple of visits to the Yurt was pretty cool, the food was awesome! Arthur made our dining experience wonderful. He also gave us great tips about what to see at the Alaska State Fair :). And yes, when they post that they have a resident moose, they sure do! She was not that shy and came pretty close to the people who were out taking videos/photos of her. The cabin was quaint and very clean and tidy! The views, oh my, the views were out of this world. The weather rained only a couple of times but by mid-afternoon, the sun was out and pretty warm! We took the helicopter tour out to Knik Glacier and spent an hour being taken around the glacier on foot and then we went to Lake George where we saw many icebergs as well. Our pilot, Joe Young, was very spot on! He knew where to take us while keeping our safety in mine. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this tour as well! Wonderful experience!
"Absolutely beautiful!"
08/23/14 Eva23675 Eindhoven, The Netherlands
We stayed at Knik River Lodge from 14-16 August, 2014. The cabins were a dream come true. They are very cosy and clean with a great shower! The view was incredible, right across from the mountains. Wow! The cabins had their own veranda so you could sip your coffee / tea and be amazed by the view. The restaurant was in a yurt with kind of a romantic setting. Ellen is a vegetarian and she mostly ate pasta's and salads but both chefs (Roger and Bridget) went out of their way to make her something special and it was the best diner she had during this holiday. I had a taste of the chowder and as we Dutchies say: you can wake me up for this any time, because it was that good! The staff was very friendly and helpfull. We will definitely visit them again on our next trip to Alaska. Ellen & Eva Eindhoven, the Netherlands
"Know what to expect"
08/20/14 vedettefille Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
We can't say enough nice things about these cabins. They are quite a distance from the city and perfect little cabins with built-in picnic tables on the porches to enjoy the scenery. Breakfast was in a basket and included things such as yogurt, muffins, OJ, and toast. Yes, a yurt is a tent, but dinner in the yurt was divine!The service in the yurt was excellent. The service from everyone was excellent. We had a twin deluxe (#6) and it included a fridge, microwave, keurig, tea kettle, coffee, tea, a TV for watching videos, even a pan with dish soap for washing. You don't have cable here, but with a 4 year old we grateful to pop a movie (from their office) and sit on the porch. You should bring snacks and stuff for a picnic with you. If you don't there is general store in Palmer, either way enjoy this find!