All hotels in Port of Spain, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago
2-4 Coblentz AvenueCascade, Port of SpainTrinidadTrinidad and Tobago, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Dirty
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Great hotel and great location!."
It is a great hotel. I am not sure why others have rated this so poorly. I found it better than the Hilton down the road and much more reasonable. Definitely will stay here if i go back to Port of Spain again!..
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2014
Raj
The hotel has good facilities, but it needs to improve service.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Business"
Excellent experience.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
"Good hotel !!"
good staff nice hotel good location confortable good bargain
Other trip May 28, 2014
nice hotel. only issue is that the rooms had a mouldy smell, which I think was from the carpet. also there was no wireless in the room, so had to go down in the lobby to use it. not good if you have a tablet
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
"The musty smell is a turn off."
Bathroom was not as clean as it could be, no effort was put in to have a clean area. The smell from the hallway was too strong for a place servicing guest.
Other trip May 19, 2014
bblessing
It was overall a great experience. Pool was very nice the food was great. The staff were very helpful and accommodating..
Other trip May 18, 2014
there was some bad reviews about this place that's how I read after I booked I was afraid and wanted to cancel but after seeing experience in for myself I did not see the fuss about those reviews clean rooms depends on which staff they were friendly, they were some here housekeeping, my only dislike was that the tube was to high, so It made it hard getting in and out (for me)..I would stay there again. ..
Other trip May 13, 2014
"In bankruptcy..... Stay away"
Restaurant CASA in the property closed down. Hotel does not have their liquor license. Can't even order one glass of wine from the lobby or pool bar. Far to walk to another restaurant nearby. Not many choices. No Wi-Fi in the room, had to move me to a higher floor with a room that had a router and the internet cut off periodically. The hotel is not fixing the things that are breaking down. Very empty. Hotel staff is not accommodating or pleasant. It is in bankruptcy....
4 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Carine
"Do not waste your money at this Hotel"
This Hotel is obtaining money by deception. Do not stay at this Hotel. I stayed for Easter weekend for 4 days in April 2014. After checking the hotel both on Expedia and the Hotel website, my wife and i thought that the hotel sounded nice, with 3 bars and 2 restaurants, especially the rooftop bar, and was modern with nice rooms. Unfortunately the 3 Bars did not open during our stay!!! and only 1 restaurant opened!! For some reason the Hotel had lost its drinks licence , so our evenings in the rooftop bar did not materialize. Apparently the Hotel cant be bothered to open the rooftop bar, even when it has a drinks licence the excuse being constant refurbishment, non of which we saw on visiting. The room only provided 1 cup and 1 glass for 2 people (Hotel policy), no bathrobes, no plug for the bath and no toiletries apart from our last day, and the safe was broken and took a day to fix. No update to the hotels condition was put on Expedia nor the Hotels website, it was amusing when the hotel manager blamed Expedia, but when i then showed him his own Hotel website, he then changed his view. Fortunately the Hilton was within walking distance so we and numerous other guests made use of their facilities, which were open, nicer and cheaper. If we had not pre payed via Expedia we would not have stayed and moved to the Hilton. DO NOT STAY HERE
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"On the way down"
The first bad sign: when I arrived at the bar with its wonderful list of wines and mixed drinks, they told me they'd lost their liquor license! No drinks including wine. No knowing if/when they would serving again. The carpeting was in a horrible state. I could swear there were poorly cleaned vomit stains in the hallway on my floor. The elevators have months with of caked-in dirt around the floor. This was clearly a wonderful hotel very recently. A great modern boutique hotel. Something very bad has recently occurred. Maybe they got on the wring side of a local political heavyweight? Maybe they just changed management for the worse.... But it feels like a hotel in receivership. Cutting corners everywhere. The gym is excellent, though! Morning desk staff is lovely but the early evening staff was nasty and contemptuous. I think I could have done better at another rising rather than falling 4-star
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
DavidS
"Going down hill"
Been staying here for years as liked the boutique feel Property is in receivership and the building is shoeing it's warts No wifi in rooms Toilet didn't work. Had to ask twice Front desk never confirmed my early morning taxi Sorry I won't be returning
3 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
My room had a moldy smell, phones smelled awful. Sheets were clean, bed was comfortable the room was large and spacious. The room was set up very nice with chairs, and other comforts, the staff was helpfull.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
j
"Hotel is ok for sleeping, nothing extra to do."
The carpet of the rooms need serious clean, no wifi on the rooms, breakfast for extra charge.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Ricardo
"The Worst hotel in the world"
When I books this Hotel on the internet. it said free breakfast and free pick up from the airport and free wi fi in the room. they had none of these things. the carpet stinks the service was very slow. the price was too high .
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Louis S.
"Would stay there again"
Good internet (wired) in the room. Comfortable bed, great location. Quiet.
4 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
"Fail"
from the moment I entered to the room I noticed that the carpet was not vacuumed and during my 3 night stay was not done, the musty smell throughout the hotel was unbearable
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Jose Alberto
"Never again, what a joke"
Very bad humidity smell all around the hotel, including elevator and a little bit less inside the room. Terrible service, called for room service and I had to go downstairs to pick up my order since there was no sufficient personnel (???) when at the reception desk two ladies were sitting doing nothing. First time in this hotel, booked it just to try it( used to stay at Hilton or Hyatt) and will never ever stay again . The food at the restaurant was good.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
Al
"Clean, modern hotel in a very good location"
This hotel is in a very good location. Central to a lot of good places in the capital. It's also in a safe residential neighborhood so walking at night was no problem. Taxis are readily available as well. As far as the hotel itself it was very clean and modern. I did pick up a damp smell in my room and in the hallway. I do have allergies and was worried about mold, but I had quite a pleasant sleep so I think the dampness is definitely there, but mild. Major plusses are the bar and the staff. Now, I am originally from Trinidad and I have to admit the country is notorious for bad customer service. The staff at this hotel will probably not win awards for service in any global competition, but by Trinidad standards I thought they were excellent. They were always there to help and were always friendly. Again, they are from Trinidad so there are times when they seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. But for me they were even better than the service I received at the Hyatt! So all in all I think this hotel is great and especially for the price. I'll definitely be staying there again and recommending it to friends.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Sim
"Bad restaurant, bad service, no wifi into the room"
bad experience, restaurant has only 6-7 dishes, bad internet connection, not a good choice
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Allan
"Well made, but deteriorating"
The original layout and design of the hotel was done well, but now it seems to be slowly crumbling around the bored, apathetic employees. We were given a different room because we asked about wireless internet. The third floor doesn't have internet, we were told, and most other floors it doesn't work, but sometimes on the 8th there is some signal. Our room on the 8th floor had no signal, and came with pre-filled trash cans, and a decomposing half eaten sandwich which filled the room with a lovely garlic sauce aroma. The bathroom tiles were falling off the walls and shower edging, and the carpet had both white and black stains liberally applied across the room. The double room was equipped with only one of everything, which I assume was so that my wife and I could be closer through sharing. Only one of the 5 or so bars and restaurants were open. The rooftop bar was still accessible but seemingly used as storage now. The banana pancakes were absent of banana and reminiscent of McDonald's hot cakes (which given how long they took to make, is across town). Also, depending on who you deal with they may or make not take American express. Bah, never again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Jon
"Nice hotel but service is lacking"
Nice hotel. Room service and front desk service are lacking and need improvement but a very nice hotel.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
mostly very good.Nice staff,Good Location.Allthough pool was not accessable during my stay,very disepointing.Was notes at the pool that there was a two day maintances,but lasted longer.The day of check out I was called buy the operator very early in the morning and told check out was at noon.As that was unusual.Several others had the same call.Very unprofessional.Told receptionist but she sad that it was the managers call.
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2014
Bjorn B
"Decent hotel for the price"
My hotel stay was ok. The staff, however, was not very equipped to assist me with simple things such as: places of interest, things to do in or around Port au Spain, the front desk guy was not the most courteous during the check-in process and was also sleeping when we were checking out.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Nice rooms just in the middle of Savannah"
Great Hotel for a available price, compared with others in the area.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Pedrov
"Terribly Disappointed!"
We paid an awful lot of money to stay just one night in this place (I wouldn't call it a Hotel). It was drab and in need of renovation and the room and bedding smelt damp. In the middle of the night we had to evacuate the hotel due to an alarm (it turned out to be false). The hotel staff didn't seem organised. Breakfast was appalling. One of the worst experiences for a very long time. We will avoid Chalrton Savannah next time.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
"Port of Spain Hotel"
A worrying start when 2 rooms were paid for and only 1 had been allocated had it been next weekend for carnival the mistake would not have been able to rectify and we would have been in Trinidad without accomodation. This was rectified but instead of 2 King rooms 1 King and 1 Queen were allocated without wifi as requested. Pool was closed during most of stay for renovations during the busiest period for Trinidad tourism. The most agreeable member of staff we encountered was the housekeeper who went over and above her job requirements to assist us. Close to all amenities but a nice hotel spoilt by bad administration and the majority of the staff unfortunately.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Jo
"very good for business"
excellent
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
"If you want a disappointing experience - Stay Here"
The hotel staff could never get a key to work for my room so I had to be let in and out by hotel personnel with a master key. The hotel had NO soda machines at all. Ice was limited. The internet was down the whole time I was there. I stayed one night and checked out and went to another hotel. The online pictures are far more impressive than the hotel.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Wayne
"Nice from far but far from nice."
I was on a short 2 day vacation and decided on this hotel because of the rating and the price. As I entered the room I smelled mold, I also smelled it whenever I was over the Basin in the bathroom, it seemed to be coming out of the overflow hole. I spent about fifteen minutes trying to get hot water to take a shower, it was hot in the basin but cold in the shower so I kept it running hoping it would get hot, eventually I reached for the only wash towel in the room and decided to warm it up in the basin when suddenly it came hot and after adjusting it for a few seconds I was able to take a shower; however before I was completed the water started getting cold again. The next day it just did not get hot after running it for about twenty minutes. So that was a cold shower day. The drain also was partially plugged and kepy rising while I ran the water.The Thermostat also could not be adjusted so I had to manually turn it completely off and on. Now this is a New York City Licensed Master Plumber with 48 years of experience who could not adjust a faucet and a thermostat, so imagine how a normal person would react? I also could not completely shut the Window Blinds at night. I cannot comment on the food because I ate out. The staff were very friendly. The parking lot was also across the street from the hotel unsupervised. Nice looking room with a refrigerator, adequate seating, iron and board.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Ulric
"good hotel, nice in the room, tired on the outside"
Room was great, and the hotel was good. A bit of a walk to downtown and the common areas were tired and in need of a fix up. My pet hate though: no cafe latte so my mornings had to start elsewhere. But un short, good value.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"excellent rooms, very comfortable. Good amenities."
unfortunately the pool was closed. Although there are two restaurants one is closed most of the week and the other offer very few dishes and is very expensive. You better off taking a taxy to go to other restaurant. Didn't see a business center
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
sergio
"Stay in Carlton Savannah for 8 days"
Rooms are spacious and very clean.. But the only negative is the hotel service team takes quite a long time to "understand" your problem first and then provide a resolution. For E.g, The wired Internet connection was not working and i had to complain for not less than 5 times to reception for 2 days for the hotel to send an IT guy and say the ports in my room were not working and change my room. Negatives apart...you will like the cleanliness and location of the hotel...
6 night business trip Jan 25, 2014
Sujay
Excellent hotel. Everyone was very nice and helpful.
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2014
"horrible hotel"
Service was bad.... Restaurant was bad..... Hidden charges were outrageous... Never again use this hotel
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel in Port of Spain"
Joelle at the front desk and the entire staff go above and beyond to ensure a wonderful experience. Our room was eye-popping and they overlooked no detail in ensuring our memories.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Worldrover
"Quick in and out"
Rooms were very spacious and clean...bathroom needs upgrading
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2014
KP
"satisfied"
hotel food is not great. Even a simple vegetarian lasagna tasted horrible. Burger was ok, pasta dish the best.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Sandra
"great place to stay for business trip"
very nice, very central
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
reiner
"Bad, untrained staff"
Who rates hotels? This is a three star hotel at best
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
"Nice people but the carpets stinks"
Like the decoration and the proximity to restaurant
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
marcela
"Close to city"
Bathroom showers need a change. Restaurant could be better. No local fare nor fruits. No drinking water in rooms.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
nawab
Resraurant needs improvement Service took too. Long .. Overcharged my bill Staff confused about the menu
7 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great boutique hotel"
Hotel is about 10 minute cab to the nightlife near the avenue. The hotel has an amazing restaurant and room service was really good. The hotel has a rooftop bar lounge area with a great view of the city. If You need Internet make sure you request the upper floors I believe 1-4 floors have acces to wifi if you have a laptop and cord. My iPhone did not work in my room unless I was at the pool or lobby area. I would definetly would go back to the hotel. Two performing art centers are walking distance as well as great Thai/Indian restaurant that is also walking distance. The airport was a 40-45 minute ride and cost about 30 US dollars
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
world traveler
"Great Surprise in Port of Spain!!!"
On a business trip back from Georgetown, Guyana, on my way back to United States, I had to overnight in Port of Spain. It was a pleasant surprise to book this hotel. After a quick and hectic trip. I had the opportunity to relax myself at the nice an cozy swimming pool. I got a room on a upper floor which gave me a great view of the entire skyline of the city.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
abnet
"waste of vacation"
dont waste your time staying at this hotel.it's overpriced and resturant is terrible.the only silverlining is the housekeeping.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
sinha
"Amazing relaxing experience"
We went to Trini to watch a cricket game at Queens Park Oval and Carlton Savannah is very nearby, so it worked well for us. Staff is very pleasant and cooperative. They have a nice small pool and service was good.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Great location... poor facilities"
- No water .. No vending machines anywhere either. None of our room service orders came with water and when I asked the servers, they said they'd be back but none of them returned. - There was only one cup for coffee and one glass in the room. - Relish, their "featured" restaurant for breakfast, ran out of orange juice at breakfast time - Concierge is useless...just handed me a list of car companies when asked to arrange for rental. When I asked for "things to do" in Port of Spain, I was handed a map with no recommendations. - Tours and travel desk was as just a card holder with a travel company's card
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Sachin
the 5 star hotel should not have empty mini bars in the room and I would strongly recommend that they leave a complimentary bottle of mineral water even if they up their rates by 2 euros a night. the rooms are very well and luxuriously finished.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Service at the bar could be a little better.Breakfast could have been better but overall the stay was good...
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013