All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
1805 N 110th St, Kansas City, KS, 66111, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

Ordinary pool
  • Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Bad internet service
"This used to be a good a hotel..."
When we first arrived to the hotel, the gentleman at the front counter didn't greet us or even look at us,he only said "Last Name". Morning of departure- my family decided to skip our usually routine; of packing up all our bags, taking them down to the car before having breakfast and checking out. Instead, we left our belongings in the our 2 connecting rooms (with doors open between both rooms to each other). When we returned back to our rooms at 9:15am, after breakfast, housekeeping had one of our two rooms wide open already cleaning one of the two rooms. She had thrown our belonging to one side of the room and bathroom((on the floor)). TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL!! We tried packing our remaining belongings as quickly as possible and left feeling like our privacy was SO violated. It really made us second guess that we had left with all the belongings. VERY upsetting and VERY Uncomfortable! Any one could have walked into our rooms and taken our things. This hotel's check out is at Noon, it's not as if we were loitering. When we mentioned to the same lack luster staff at the front counter that we were pushed out of our rooms by housekeeping, they said they'd talk to them..... REALLY?!? VERY disappointing!!!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receiving our best service. I am very sorry to hear about the experience that you had with housekeeping during your stay. We have spoken to the housekeeper who was assigned to your room to insure that this doesn't happen again. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Kristina
Excellent. Appreciate the upgrade to accommodate our needs.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2015
"Lengends Country Inn"
Nice and clean. Remodeling going on so it is going to be really pretty
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
This hotel was under construction when we arrived which we did not know. Once we got into our room I noticed that the metal ground prong from a plug was stuck on the outlet and it has sparked at some point. We did move to a different room but for the money this was not a pleasant experience.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. I will be addressing the issues with our maintenance team to ensure these deficiencies have been resolved. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Christopher
"Not disappointed!"
This is the second time we've stayed here, and we will be back. The hotel is clean, quiet, easy to get to, has a fantastic breakfast and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
It's fine if you're on a budget but not my favorite.
4 night trip Nov 23, 2015
Alexandra
Great location to all the shops and dining at the Legends. Room was nice and neat, food was super for breakfast. Most of all the staff was very nice. We would go back.
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
Mona
"Would recommend and stay again"
Overall pleased
2 night trip Nov 15, 2015
Jeff P
Very clean. Smells fresh. Walking distance to plenty of options for food, shopping, and sporting events.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
Nicole
"LOUD"
The hotel says it's going through renovations though I didn't see any construction. This is one of the loudest hotels I've ever stayed in. We were on the first floor and could hear the person above us like he was in our room. Walking, coughing, talking, running water in the shower, etc. It was literally like he was in the same room. He wasn't unusually noisy there must not be ANY insulation between the walls. In addition, the A/C unit came on and off all through the night and it sounded like a freight train. It was too hot to have it off so we were forced to hear the noise all night. The towels were small and like cardboard. Otherwise the furnishings, breakfast, room size, bed and check in were all fine.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise coming from above and the HVAC unit. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the are
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
g
Everything was great! Only problem is the shuttle stops @ 9pm.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
"needs work on improvements and cleaning"
drain on hot tub broken, dresser drawers opened by self, bathroom not very clean had hair in tub/ shower, the foot stool for the chair was stained like someone peed on it. pillows too small, noise from room next door heater or ac(vibrated wall) fireplace did not work.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. I have addressed the maintenance/cleaning issues you experienced during your stay and assure you they have been resolved. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and you
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
arthur
Very comfortable. Breakfast had great healthy options!
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Was in town for the chiefs game last 2 years stayed here awesome hotel and awesome price
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Kyle
"Close to everything we wanted to do"
It was good. Quick check in, very good breakfasts
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Hotel to try if all else fails!"
The hotel staff were not knowledgeable about the surrounding areas, hotel staff was not attentive at all to customers. I stood at the front desk from about 5 minutes while 3 staff memebers were in the front office conversating. Finally, another staff member who noticed the situation, let the others know I was standing there. The rooms were fine, but the carpet was filthy - I am not kidding. Kids were running up and down the hall until about 11:00 p.m. - There was some kind of childen game of sort goig on in the area. Great Breakfast!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receiving our best service. I have addressed the issues with the staff attentiveness and assure you this has been resolved. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Wonderful Plan to return depending on comparable rates
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"VERY HAPPY"
Had a great time with 2 grandkids that loved the pool.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
PATRICIA
"Legendary Location and Clean"
We were there for our anniversary get away....to shop in the area and for dining. We found a wide variety of shopping, entertainment, and dining within minutes and without heavy traffic. Easy access to a major highway as well. Clean rooms, hot and fresh breakfast buffet, nice pool & exercise room. Only negatives: Bathrooms could use exhaust fans and mattresses a little too firm.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
Theresa
"Great First Impression"
First time at Country Inn and Suites. Very nice surprise. Most pleasant stay I've had in a long time. Room, service and breakfast all tops. Will definitely put on the top of my list for future stays.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Patrick
"Good location, filthy/smelly everything else"
It was ok.... everyone was nice enough but even walking into the building and especially down the hall,the smell of body odor was gross. The actual room didn't smell like that, luckily. However the carpet is absolutely disgusting. So grimy from traffic and sticky to the touch. My kiddos feet were filthy from playing in the room. We didn't have any sweets or treats in our room but we were infested with ants. Will be choosing a different place next time we are in the area. :-/
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
The location of the hotel was near everything we wanted to do, but the room was not near as nice as what I expected for the high price. The complimentary breakfast was good, but the attendant would walk through and yell that the good plates & silverware were not to be taken back to your room, if you wanted to take food back to your room use the paper plates. Won't stay there again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. I have addressed the issues you encountered during breakfast and assure you that they have been resolved.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Extremely Disappointed"
We never got to stay at this hotel. I was searching for hotels Saturday August 15 for one night on hotels.com and there was a mix up during the booking process and our reservation was made for that night (August 10). When we arrived at the hotel on August 15 we were told we were already marked as a NO Show on August 10 and charged one nights stay. We were furious because this was my son's 12 birthday night at Sporting Park and we thought everything was all set. I had a search going on hotels.com for August 15-16 looking for hotels near Sporting Park. The front desk clerk told us they were actually OVERBOOKED that night with the sporting events and 2 weddings happening. Running late to get our tickets, we left very disappointed and had to get a room 25 minutes down the road at a not so great hotel. Don't think I will be reserving thru hotels.com again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your reservation process. Please feel free to contact hotel directly to confirm your reservations on your next visit. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Tabitha
"Very nice. Especially for the price."
Clean. Very friendly service. Walking distance to many great attractions. Will stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
JASON
"Not worth the money, better cheaper hotels"
Arrived at hotel and had not even got the luggage from my car to the room, received a phone call from hotel management threatening a $200 fine if I was caught smoking in my room again, watched a drug deal outside my window, room was definitely not very clean, my friend would not take his socks off to walk barefoot on the carpet, P looking stains on a lot of the furniture, and some kind of nasty looking hairball of some sort come floating up in the hot tub when I turned it on and got in, and this was the private hot tub in my room , the elevator floor was so filthy I didn't even set my luggage down till I got to my room....... And on and on and on
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your accommodations. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites By Carlson standards. All feedback is appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to improve our hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
frank
Jacuzzi tub in the room was not clean. Hot tub by the pool did not work. Room was next to elevators and vending and was not quiet. Air conditioner cover rattled every time A/C came on. Not the greatest experience.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Staff is great!"
We loved the staff - including the breakfast waitress/server/hostess - I think her name is Paula.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
We used to love coming here, it was within walking distance to Legends, nice and clean, friendly staff, but NO MORE! The room never got cool, even after requesting that the A/C be looked at. Breakfast was 7-10:30am. We went down at 7:25am and there was barely anything out. When my husband nicely asked the lady running breakfast about it, she snapped at him! We ended up going to pay for breakfast elsewhere. Then the next morning, she was just as rude. This was definitely our last stay here.....
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
Hello, Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. All comments are truly appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to address areas of concern. I have addressed the A/C unit to ensure optimal performance and also addressed issues your husband experienced during breakfast. I do apologize about the way these issues were handled. Again, thank you for the feedback as we always look for areas of improvement.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Angela
Very nice. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, nice amenities. Convenient location for me - lots of food choices and things to do (Legends Mall).
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"Bad Management"
Me and my husband stayed the night for our anniversary so we splurged and got a King Suite. When we got there they had an air conditioning problem and had to give us a regular King Room, which I was OK with. I asked the front desk person for a refund for the difference between the suite and the regular room and they told me no, that I was getting a similar room, but I could talk w/the desk person in the morning. We did not have a suite just a regular King room! I talked with the desk person in the morning w/the same result. Went through Expedia when I got back home and they said they had to contact the hotel. I got an e-mail from Expedia that Country Inn & Suites denied my request. I wasn't asking for a full refund, just for the difference between the two kind of rooms!!!! I will never stay here again and if I were you, I wouldn't either!!!!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
Hello, I apologize about the experiences you encountered at our hotel regarding your room type and the billing issues. Thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to fine tune our operations. Thank you.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Works for a short stay"
Room was mostly clean, we found a hair brush left from the previous people. The dresser and night stand both were not level the drawers would slowly move out. The dresser had folded up news paper under one side to help level it out but it didn't work. The beds were very firm, bathroom was clean, the hallway on the 3rd floor has several stains. It was a one night visit and served its purpose. We will try another hotel next time in town.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Cory
"Great Service"
To the girl @ the front desk to the lady that runs the breakfast in the morning - everybody was kind & helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Not guest friendly"
Breakfast was not ready until after 7:30 a.m. My husband is diabetic and we were under the impression breakfast started at 6:00 a.m. We were not able to get back to out hotel because of event parking around the hotel and had to park out farther and go back 45 minutes later to move our car to the hotel parking lot. This was after 11:00 p.m. and we wanted to be up before 6:00 a.m. to leave for home. Made for a very short nights sleep and a long day of travel the next day. We will not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice Place To Stay"
Our family of 4 enjoyed the King Suite which had a bedroom separate from the living area with the pull out sofa. Had room to put an air mattress on the floor for another kid. Room was clean, plenty of storage for luggage. Will definitely stay there again next year when in the area for Schlitterbahn Water Park.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"getaway"
We enjoyed our night that we stayed. Room was nice, beds comfortable. In a nice area with shopping close.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Nice hotel a little expensive but pretty much all hotels around this area run about the same. Very clean and very helpful stuff. Great breakfast which was included in the rate.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Lita
"Nice. Close to T-Bones & Sporting KC!!!"
Nice. Hotel with a pool. Very close to most everything at the legends in KC,KS.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Jake
If you are heading to the speedway or a sporting kc game then this is your spot. A little pricey but not bad.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Yale
"Very close to Cricket Amphitheater & Legends Mall"
absolutley loved the location of this hotel! so close to shopping, restaurants, race track & concert venue! Looking forward to going back and spending more time there!
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Debbie
"Great family stay"
Might have just been the weekend we stayed, but weekend room prices were very high, even for the suite we stayed in. Service was excellent, breakfast was very good. Room was clean and comfortable.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Brett
"Highly recommend"
My husband and I stayed two nights on a little get away. We thought the hotel was great - comfortable room, great breakfast, hubby loved the complimentary cookies at the front desk! And the location is great - there is so much to do and places to eat.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Rachel
"Check other hotels first"
Hotel looks much nicer in the photos than in real life. Hallway stench was terrible smell of body odor. I had to hold my breath while walking down it. Room was decent however black mold growing all over shower head in the bathroom. I felt dirtier after I took a shower. Bed was not very soft. Service was decent. Breakfast was ok but different depending on the day and at different times.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Best time of my life nice hotel beautiful rooms really nice person the driving of shuttle wonderful Nice staff awesome breakfast
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Eugenia
"Beautiful rooms"
Wonderful room Only negative was being locked out late at night when our keycard didn't work which required us to go back down to the desk to get new keys
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Bruce
"Boys of Zummer tour"
We went down for the Boys of Zummer tour, the hotel was located very close to the venue which was great. Nicely located by The Legends Mall. Staff was very nice and helpful.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Nice and convenient place"
The only complaint I would have is the walls seem to be a little to thin, could hear everything in the next room. Other than that a very nice clean hotel and room. Location is very convenient to the speedway, soccer stadium, minor league ball field, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Cabela's and the Legends shopping area. Also close to the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater. Would stay again if going to that area of Kansas City.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
It was a nice place to stay . The room was great. The hotel staff was very nice .
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Great place to stay! Close to lots of fun activities.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice amenities lacking on cleanliness"
Bed linens were not very clean. Kinda disappointing when you go to sleep on dirty beds.
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
Alex
"Well worth it"
Great experience for the price. Staff was friendly, clean room with nice cool A/C.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015