All hotels in Sliema, Malta
Tigne Seafront, Sliema, Malta, SLM3010, Malta, ‏‎800-491-6126

Gret location, small rooms but very clean and tidy.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great locatio"
Very good if you have the expensive room. The other room are not so good
3 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Great location but average room."
The location was fantastic, very central. Our room however was dissapointing and small. It did not look like the images off the website. We booked a standard room but our room seemed more like the economy- on arrival there was no hotel information provided. The small lift was very slow and only fit 2 people. It also indicted the wrong floors. When we notified the hotel we were unhappy of our room they were accommodating and provided us with another room. It wasn't much better but big enough we could open the door this time. Still very dark in comparison to the beautiful sunny Malta. The continental breakfast was not much better, with some of the items looking like they had been there for quite a while (my apple was moldy) We just stuck to the toast. Overall if you are to stay here best to get the room with the balcony but if you can't do that I wouldn't bother.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Good Quality Hotel"
Everything was good about hotel. Good location for taking a boat ride around Harbour. However as all hotels must experience in this area the traffic was bad with no available parking around hotel. Had to use Multistorey car park 10 minutes walk away up a hill. Would be useful to know this in advance rather than having to drive around in a slow moving traffic jam for 1/2 hour trying to find somewhere to park.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Smelly room"
We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. The room was at the rear of the hotel on the 6th floor overlooking 2 work sites. On arrival, we were ushered to the room by a very pleasant Mr Pierre. The room had terrible smell and 3 single beds despite our request for a double. The one and only window was covered in bird poo and we were told it would be cleaned. We were offered an alternative room which was so small that we had no place to park our luggage. So, we went back to the smelly version. No mattress protectors and no fresh linen for our entire stay. On the. Upside, the airconditioner worked.
6 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Pace
"Great for a short stay"
Perfect accommodation for a short stay. We had a standard double + balcony+sea view. Our friends/guests had been upgraded to a superior room which had a fridge, tea/coffee making facilities. Both rooms had a wardrobe only for clothes. A set of drawers would have been nice for underwear, t-shirts etc. We had breakfasts in our deal which were adequate if unadventurous. The fruit juice was watery and possibly cordial??? For a Mediterranean country we expected more fruit on offer other than the tinned fruit cocktail and orange pieces. Our rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean and the air condonitioning was much appreciated once we had worked out the controls. There was a distinct lack of written information in the room and the foyer unless you could read German. All in all we enjoyed our 4 night stay but longer would have been tedious.
4 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Flexible staff. Enjoyed my stay a lot.
2 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Travelling man
"Great location great service"
The receptionists are really helpful and recommended a lovely restaurant nearby (Ta Kris) to us which served delicious reasonably priced Maltese food. 1 min walk to busstop and port for cruises or ferries.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
B Lam
My room was tiny but clean, very friendly & helpful staff. Excellent location.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Been there many times great location"
Room not ready ehen I arrived but got sorted amicably so all was fine I will go back again
Other trip May 29, 2014
Ian from Englan
"Excellent hotel overlooking the Valletta Citadel."
Had an enjoyable experience exploring Malta from this ideally situated comfortable hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Avoid at all costs!"
With the other ratings this hotel received we thought we were booking a decent middle of the road hotel that would have been a 3/5. Were we sure wrong! We have stayed in hotels all over the world from 1-5 stars and this hotel deserves a 1/5 at best. Our room was dark and extremely small and it smelled like mildew and urine. The bathroom was a disaster as the toilet was very touchy and often did not flush and the shower was so poorly designed that my 6'1 husband could not take a shower without completely flooding the bathroom. This was due to the poorly designed shower stall and curtain. When we tried to use the safe there were no instructions so we went to discuss this with the hotel staff who at the time did not speak any English (in a very English speaking part of the city/country). The walls of the hotel rooms had absolutely no sound proofing which means we were able to hear any quiet conversations in the rooms next door and had to listen to our next door neighbour snore all night. Other things that contributed to our horrible sleeps included sleeping on a bed with bedding that we found blood stains on it, waking up to construction right outside our window, and listening to the hotel staff get breakfast ready due to the think walls and ceiling (as breakfast was on the 8th floor and we were on the 7th). The only good thing this hotel had going for it was one friendly front desk staff and its location. If we are ever back in Malta I will be booking our stay elsewhere.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Very disappointed- Would not recommend!"
I booked an economy room for our trip and was extremely disappointed with it. The room itself was small and had very little natural light which would have been acceptable, however, the ensuite was not properly ventilated, nor was the room itself. There was an overpowering smell of damp. The bed and pillows were not comfortable and upon moving the cover I discovered a large number of hairs on the underside of the bedcover. I complained to the reception and asked to move rooms and was told there was no availability until the following day. When I spoke with reception the following day the receptionist shrugged his shoulders, he was not in the least apologetic and said that I had booked an economy room. It was agreed that we could move and the second room was a slight improvement, but again there were a number of hairs in the bed and the pillowcase had a large stain on it. There was more light and no smell so we stayed. Overall the location of the hotel is good and the neighbourhood was lovely but I will not be recommending this room to any of my friends or family and hope that others will seriously reconsider booking an economy room here- Maybe the others are nicer!
4 night trip Apr 20, 2014
we stayed 2 weeks, the hotel is clean, staff friendly & helpful, breakfast was also good, never a shortage, the location is awesome, all kinds of restaurants, shopping, ferry to Valletta & hop on off tour at the door step. On 2 occasions there was no hot water, is our only complaint.
13 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2014
Arpie
"good location with superb views over harbour."
For a value-for-money hotel the Marina is excellent, superb location, rooms at front of hotel overlooking harbour. However, one member of staff was particularly offensive accusing a colleague of stealing food, ranting and raving at us, threatening to throw us all out of the hotel and claiming he called the police.All because paperwork had not been checked about B&B and this at 10.30pm when we had gone to bed! Needless to say we would not stay there again whilst this member of staff is still employed. What a shame as we had thought we had found a hotel ideally situated close to our Maltese business friends.
7 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2014
Clive
"The view is amazing but not the rest."
Nice view from balcony, but did not get the superior room we had paid for. We complained and then got the superior room the next day. Everything was sold out apparently but they should not overbook and give people what they have paid for. If we had not complained, we had not got the right room at all. The breakfast was not very good, the coffee really bad and so was the rest.
7 night family trip Mar 9, 2014
"Great Hotel - great customer service"
To Start of with - Me & the Mrs stayed in this hotel from 6th Mar - 10th Mar 2014 We have an excellent trip. To any newbie going to Malta, I would say to book this hotel as for this is the city centre sort. You have all busses going from here, just 100 mtrs from the hotel are 5 bus stops that take you to airport, Gozo Island, Valletta, and literally everywhere. The hotel was great for us, the rooms were cleaned daily, no dirt or anything that a few picky ppl had said so. We will recommend this hotel to everyone and would stay here again. Thank you very much
4 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Dj_facto
"Good location!"
The hotel is in a great location and easy to find. Buses are a short 5 minute walk away. Hotel staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. The rooms are nothing amazing, but the hotel isn't a luxury hotel either. Would stay again.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Sliema Marina Hotel"
Helpful staff, rooms clean but very small and dark. The door into the room couldn't open fully as the bed was in the way! Rooms need an upgrade, bit dark, dingy and bathroom needs repair in places but kept clean.
3 night trip Jan 6, 2014
Ratty
"Not all rooms are created equal..."
I stayed there once before and, from memory, paid very little extra for a large room (with good size bathroom) with a sea view- but on doing this booking I found the upgrade rather expensive so went for the 'budget' room- and budget it certainly turned out to be, but I arrived with a migraine and so was more eager to collapse onto a bed, any bed, than to make loud complaints.... It was a small room that looked out onto a ventilation shaft- yes, there was the noise of extractor fans, as other reviewers have said- but the rooms with the view get traffic noise- so on the whole the budget room was quieter. Food smells from the kitchen below would have been a problem had I needed to have the window open. Being there in December I had no need of the air con- but (responding to other reviews) I have to report that it looked new and had customer controls. The breakfast supplement is tiny, so I didn't resent the rather mediocre quality of the offerings- the view is superb.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
"Disappointing room"
The first room was noisy as an extractor fan went on till after 12 pm. I finally got a change, although I had suggested going to another hotel. This was not as noisy, but the water was barely tepid and a piece of beading coming away from the door frame. The TV picture was "snowy". The manager was pleasant enougth, but I would have liked to move out and cancel the booking.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
Phil
"Good hotel close to everything"
Great hotel, ideally located for our excusions but right next door to building work which started really early one morning and apart from Sunday were everyday. Overall a good, clean hotel with excellent staff.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"good location"
great 3star hotel, basic amenities,great harbour/sea view very helpful at front desk room was cleaned every day breakfast was good would recommend it for a base to explore malta
5 night romance trip Oct 22, 2013
ray
"Nice hotel, good location"
Nice seafront hotel in Sliema. Surrounded by restaurants and bars, good Italian food. Breakfast had a good selection, meats, cheese, fruit, cereals, bacon, eggs etc. Room clean with fresh towels each day, fast free Wifi. Bus stops and Valletta ferry stops just outside, great views of the city across the bay each evening.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
The hotel was in a great location, very convenient for the ferry and restaurants. Even though it was in a busy location, the room was quiet. The hotel and the room itself were very clean and nicely decorated. The aircon and shower worked well. The terrace at the top of the hotel has great views. The less positive aspects were that the two windows in the room faced onto a shaft, so the room received very little natural light. I didn't enjoy the breakfast; although there was a good selection, I didn't find the food very appetising.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Central location near everything"
Hotel was on the waterfront and close to shops, ferry terminals and buses to Valletta.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Brenda
"Fantastic Location and Views"
The absolute best views in Sliema. Staff members were extremely helpful.Thank you to Pierro, Christina, Alexandra, Raymond and Rita and her Ladies! We'll be back!
6 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Donn & Edwina
"GREAT LOCATION FOR EXPLORING MALTA G.C."
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Sliema Marina. Booked a single room, got given a double, which was excellent. Large room, beautiful view from the balcony over Sliema creek. Criticism : No tea/coffee making facility in the room. Could be a better choice of hot food at breakfast. Compliments : staff always attentive and friendly, which for a single traveller makes one feel a valued guest. Great location for exploring historic Valletta. Close enough to the seafront at Sliema to walk there. Bus stops to much of the island right opposite. Sliema is a great place to stay and the Marina fills most requirements !
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Perfect for what we needed"
Myself and 2 friends recently stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. It's located in an area that after about midnight the bars close down so if you're looking for a good nights sleep you'll get it. Rooms are basic but very clean. My only complaint was I booked a 2 bed room with a sofa bed as the 3rd bed. The 3rd bed was actually a sofa not a sofa bed and not big enough for an adult. We had a superior room with sea view. Wow what a view it was too wake up to every morning. Lack of swimming pool would probably prevent me from booking this hotel again next year. Hotel staff are very helpful.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Great hotel, great location."
Chose hotel through internet, read previous reviews. Requested high floor and this was given. Made many specific requests, all of which to my delight and pleasure were met. Staff drove elderly friend to police station to report stolen wallet whilst out. Extended my stay for extra five days and would certainly return to this hotel. Terrific central position.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Kay
"convenient location"
A nice enough hotel, but the room was small and very dark. A fantastic view from the breakfast room. The hotel was a bit tired we thought. But very clean.service was good, and also location.
3 night romance trip Jun 17, 2013
"Great location in Sliema"
The hotel was clean and staff were friendly. We had a room with a sea view and there was some noise from the street cafe's below. but this wasnt too much of a problem. Room was well equipped with fridge and flat screen tv etc.
Other trip May 12, 2013
"A good hotel in a convenient location"
The hotel was well positioned for busses and the ferry. The hotel was modern and the sea facing rooms had magnificent views. The breakfast was first class
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"Good value for good location"
We stayed for 5 nights in March.Very clean on arrival - the photos on the site were accurate to what we saw. Slight hiccup in that we got a twin instead of a double room but this wasn't the hotel's fault, and it was sorted out quickly. If you can get the sea view room do - it is well worth it as the harbour view is stunning. The breakfast was fine - standard continental buffet style. The view from the dining room is stunning as it's up on the top floor. The hotel is on the harbour front and in a prime location for exploring from. We went in March but it might get busy in the school hols as the bars etc line the street below.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Stuart
"I would stay there again"
For the money it was very good. It is on the seafront close to open top bus stops and service bus stops, lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. Room was small but perfectly adequate and was quiet, TV had BBC world news and Sky news. Buffet breakfast was ok, only cooked items were bacon and sausages and i had the bacon only once, there was no proper toasters, just sandwich toasters which were not very good at all for making toast, 3 minutes gave the bread a little bit of toasting. Coffee machine made good coffee. I would stay there again
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
calum
"Great for couples"
I had a lovely stay at the Sliema Marina hotel. The room was very clean and the view from the balcony was great. The only down point was that there was roadworks just outside the hotel which woke us early in the morning. I would definitely recommend staying in a seaview room at this hotel.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
claire
"Noisy neighbourhood"
I rented a single room for a month, due to work. Everything was shaking and everyone was knocking about for en entire month. The hotel was a little cute one, white, clean, comfy and polite employees - unfortunatly Malta is very noisy in general but it might be a question of adapting to it. The only thing I can put a finger on is getting the room service personel to respect the do-not-disturb sign. Not everyone is up in the morning at 9, which I was not due to late working hours.
28 night business trip Feb 2, 2013
Rasmus
"Good value for money but not perfect"
This is a 3-star hotel, so don't go there expecting to find 5-star amenities. There are some things that people would consider negatives, but the hotel gets most of the important things right. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was kept clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was a sensible size with a decent shower, and the breakfast was a good mix of (mostly) cold and a few warm (not really hot) foods. On the downside, the room was a bit small with no desk (in case you want to do a bit of work), the only toiletries provided were two bars of soap (bring your own shampoo, shower gel, etc.), and there was no fridge (a bit of a nuisance for anyone who likes to use the local supermarkets). Anyone who wants to have a lie in should bring earplugs or avoid this hotel: there is a church almost next door and the clock begins chiming at 7 a.m. - you could see that as a inconvenience, or as a great alarm clock waking you up for another day of activities. As other people have mentioned, the TV has only 2 channels in English (BBC World News and Fox Movies with Arabic subtitles) - most of the channels are the local ones from Malta and Sicily. That's more of an annoyance than a problem unless you find that you need to spend a lot of time in your room due to bad weather, illness, etc.
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
"Recommended to me by family"
More than happy!
1 night trip Feb 4, 2013
Redeye uk
"Basic 3* but good location and great views"
A very good place to stay if travelling in winter as i did. I booked a seaview room for 5 nights which worked out to be around £16 a night. On arrival I was given a room with an internal view, but reception accepted their mistake and gave me the correct room i booked. I guess if not booking direct from the hotel is always best to email them to confirm your booking if something specific like a seaview room. The view is lovely, you overlook Sliema bay with views across to Valletta. You also get the same view from the breakfast room. Breakfast is very basic but still nice: sausages, boiled eggs, baked beans, bacon, cereal, fruit salad and yogurt, bread, cheese and rolls. Also tea, coffee, and juice (which wasnt that nice). For only a few quid extra a night it's worth it. They only give you soap in the bathroom, so bring your own shampoo and toiletries. My one major gripe was that due to a faulty lock on my balcony door i got locked out on the balcony at night! Fortunately my neighbours were on their balcony and called reception...on opening the door for me i was told to 'be more careful' and no apology was given...very much a cheek considering the door should not have locked on me!! so word of caution, if you get a balcony room dont close the door in case. Location is great, bus stops are very close and although you often need to go to Valletta first (20 mins) as most buses go from there, the buses are very frequent. Overall the hotel and area are good.
Other trip Feb 1, 2013
Colin
"Excellent hotel but..."
....was promised a kettle by receptionist which never arrived!! Otherwise all was fine as usual.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2013
Ray
"Central hotel"
Hotel and room was more than expected. Pity that room could not be heated at night. Tv stations were very limited too. No local stations. Otherwise seaview and room facilities were very good
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2012
Ray
"Burger King next door"
We travelled from Gozo where we live o stay for the 2nd time at this hotel. The lady on reception was as before extremely pleasant, courteous and polite. Whilst we were at hotel a power cut hit the island which being on the 6th floor was a bit of a dilema. The power eventually returned just as I walked up 6 flights of stairs.
Other trip Dec 27, 2012
"Good Hotel in Sliema"
Perfectly adequate hotel on the seafront in Sliema. Breakfast ok. Bus stop and ferries right across the road. Plenty of retaurants nearby for dinner.
Other trip Nov 18, 2012
Alan
"top draw"
Suprised me entirely the rating fantastic value for money !! From zef the general manager to the cleaners tina and the girls outstanding !!!
5 night business trip Nov 5, 2012
steve
Great loacation, excellent view frim the room, big bedroom, good shower , confortable bed (509), basic breakfast.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
Niki
"Complain if not happy"
After the first night when we did not get the room we booked and a complaint to manager things went well. We were given a balcony room with views over the harbour. Room did not have a frig or tea making facilities but we coped. A three star hotel but Malta made up for it. Good location WE stayed eight nights
Other trip Oct 17, 2012
Matt and Jacqui
"Don't stay here unless you have to!"
Good staff. The air conditioning was less then useless - not very clever when the temperature is more than 22C even at night. The water was barely above normal temperature most of the time. It is obvious that their water heating system is inadequate. Also, I was in a sea-view room on the 7th floor and the noise from above of the chairs in the breakfast room being scraped from 7-10am was very annoying. Also I had specifically asked for a double bed in the original booking, but this was completely ignored.
Trip with friends Oct 7, 2012
"Basic and just adequate."
The very surly lady at Reception questioned us if we really wanted the standard room as booked. The 'Standard' double room (#510) offered on arrival was dreadful: Very small with no natural light as the only window faced into a brick enclosure (with all the drainpipes) at the rear of the building. After re-visiting Reception we were allocated a better (3 bed) room (#201) which did at least have daylight, although no view except for the overlooking terraces of buildings to the rear. This room was clean and adequate, although less than our expectation for the grade of hotel. A considerable accumulation of cigarette ends and other debris was visible on a flat roof below the window of room 201. Overall, the hotel lacked basic features such as a lounge and other public areas. The pre-booked 'Buffet Breakfast' was adequate, although lacking in variety. Staff at Reception, apart from the above noted lady, were pleasant and obliging. No information in the room about TV channels (only one of three was in English), local attractions or how to operate the safe. Several minor problems with the bathroom were resolved by staff. Had it not been 'non-refundable' we would have considered trying other accommodation nearby.
Other trip Oct 4, 2012
tourmanager
"Great hotel for exploring Malta."
After a bad first night in room 1022 due to generator noise and no facility to open a window we were moved to a very pleasant room at the back of the hotel. The receptionist was extremely helpful and we enjoyed the rest of our stay. The breakfast was good with a choice of meats and cheese or continental. We would definately return but would prefer a harbour facing room.
Other trip Sep 29, 2012