All hotels in Sausalito, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here62 Princess Street, Sausalito, CA, 94965, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Definitely will return"
Lovely Inn. Great location to the shopping and dining area. Friendly hosts who could tell you everything you would need to know about their town.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Donald
"a relaxing solo getaway"
great place to stay while in sausolito! It would be great for couples. I had a solo getaway and really loved it. relaxing, great staff, and every night some wine and cheese. the breakfast was just continental. some inns I've stayed at have some hot food but coffee was delicious. plus, lots of great food right near by.
1 night trip May 25, 2015
"One and done"
We didn't get the Sycamore room as ordered, they gave us the Redwood room. Bathtub was not comfortable. Too much money for the condition of the stay.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Chad
"Great Place to Stay"
We had a wonderful stay and the location was excellent, with easy walking access to downtown and restaurants. Breakfast was outstanding and everyone made us feel at home!
1 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
"Beautiful location - difficult access"
Really not designed for older adults or walking impaired - the place is beautiful, but stairs everywhere, and no porters to help carry anything. Parking was very awkward and cost $20.00. The complimentary wine in the late afternoon was a disappointment, when spending so much for a room. It was probably a $4 bottle.... Breakfast spread had healthy choices but no decaffeinated coffee.
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"make sure you dont take room 102"
room was in disrepair and there was no wi fi
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2015
"Gabels Inn Sausalito-perfection"
We stayed at the Gables Inn Sausalito the first week of April while on a Northern California spring break trip. This place is gorgeous! It was our favorite out of the three B&Bs that we booked-the staff vibrant & friendly, room smelled of lavender after housekeeping did their job and breakfast buffet was fresh & delicious and we could take our breakfast out to our own private patio. It sounds too good to be true, but wasn't!
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Lovely getaway in Sausalito"
My husband and I took a brief getaway to Sausalito and stayed at the Gables Inn. It was a delightful experience. We took the ferry from San Francisco. The Inn was within easy walking distance from the ferry terminal and on the edge of the area where there are lots of shops and restaurants. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. There was a lovely wine and cheese reception in the evening and a continental breakfast. Would definitely return.
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Katherine
"beyond expectations"
this was great. I haven't been to Sausalito in over 40 years. So my return trip with my wife was to be something special. This little hotel delivered. Everyone should have their own experience here.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Mid-week 2 nite get-away!"
We had a great time! Parked the car and that was it till we left! Great european style breakfast and the happy hour is wonderful too!
2 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
"Quaint Hotel"
Older, but very nice place. Only complaint was lack of wireless for awhile. When back on it was excellent.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Lan
"Good at the Gables - Sausalito !"
Highly recommended. Very Pleasant Inn. Friendly. Excellent Breakfast offering with nice breakfast & sitting areas. very Nice comfortable rooms & bathroom. *Note- they do charge for parking.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Doug
"GORGEOUS HOTEL with Bay Bridge view"
We had an amazing stay at The Gables Inn. We arrive a little before late check-in and were greeted so warmly by the staff. We walked into the room and it was huge and warm and perfect. They had some wine over the fireplace which we ended up drinking during a warm bath. I loved the huge body towels, and the fact that they had multiple ones. I have long hair and always struggle and fight my significant other for the big towels. BUT NO FIGHT HERE
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Vivi
"Sausalito Heaven. In town but not loud"
Loved our room and the sitting area outside. Wine and cheese every night. Staff was super friendly and sweet. You can relax and only be steps away from the Ciaos of main street. We will be back.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Perfect couple spot!"
We live in SF and came to Sausalito for one night for a staycation birthday get-away. The Gables is the perfect place! We had room 302, with unbelievable views of the Bay, Alcatraz and the City. The inn is cozy, our bed was plush and the jacuzzi whirlpool bath in our room was the perfect place to sip wine and look out the french doors over the bay.
1 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Ruth
"A gem in Sausalito!"
Cute little inn, large and comfortable room, chic decoration!
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
Florence
"Will stay here again!"
Such a cute spot and service was nice!
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Chelsi
"Secret"
Easy in and out with fun bay boat communte to SF
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"nice hotel- quiet"
Walking distance to all you need- feery is 5 min walk- great restaurants- no name bar is cool too. Will be back soon to visit.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Cute and charming, not sound proof tho"
Very charming and sweet place, nice neighborhood. Staff was wonderful and the room and bed was fantastic, but despite the "quite please!" signs it seemed like I could hear everyone going up and down the stairs. If you're a sound sleeper, you'll be fine because the beds are soft but I was sleeping lightly and heard it all.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
jamera
"Great location, happy hour & breakfast"
My sister and I stayed here as we were going to San Francisco the next day for her birthday (she had never been there). Checking in was a bit of a challenge (no one at the desk/parking issues), but after that, it was a very good experience. The room was clean and large, the happy hour was very nice (red & white wine, a good variety of cheeses, fruit, nuts, etc.), and the breakfast was wonderful. It was probably the best continental breakfast I have had at a hotel/Inn. The lobby/lounge area for the happy hour and breakfast were also very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. The only issues we had were regarding the room itself (The Redwood Room). There were no towels bars or hooks anywhere, there were no mirrors (only one small mirror over the sink), and there was nowhere to put toiletries (one small shelf next to the pedestal sink). The other rooms may have been better in this regard, so I will try to book one of those next time.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Andi
"Wet weather"
My plan was delayed by 2 hours because of the rain. When I got to the inn I was greated with a smile I was given a map of the town and was asked what I would be interested in. The receptionist circled the spots that were compatible with my interest. I did not have an umbrella so they provided one for me. Had a great night.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Quaint and lovely in a wonderful location"
We had a restful and lovely stay. The staff was wonderful and the ambience was elegant and cozy Great attention to their guests' needs and detail. I will return again and again.
"Honeymoon"
Simply wonderful!
3 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
VINICIO
"Gorgeous hotel!"
Fantastic service, very charming rooms and property, super location and a beautiful presentation of the breakfast table. Only thing I was missing was curtains that could cover the windows.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Anna
"Great experience in Sausalito"
Great place - charming, convenient. Great breakfast and evening wine reception.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Terrific view of Sa Francisco and Bay Bridge."
The carpet in the room was dirty and the bathtub/shower fixture needed repair.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Great Place to Stay!"
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at The Gables Inn. It is right around the corner from the water front, shops and restaurants, and our room was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast was amazing, and the staff was helpful and friendly. We'd definitely go back again.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Jane and Doug
"Comfortable spot with great service"
The hotel was clean, comfy, and well-located. We had great privacy in the back of the hotel, and the stay was so peaceful and lovely. Michael (the man at the front desk) was so helpful and nice-- he really made the stay.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Leila
"Hilarious parking but beautiful views"
Comfortable, older home with elegant furniture and fixtures. Somewhat stuffy tenants when we were there, but that's just the luck of the draw. Don't miss Philz coffee in the morning.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
SW
"Fresh fruit!"
Ethereal night view of SF. Great location and gracious, helpful staff. When we arrived close to 10:00 pm our hostess brought us wine, cheese and grapes. Breakfast proved ample with lots of freshly cut fruit. We were advised where to walk to enjoy Sausalito, and also where to eat lunch. Carpets could use refreshing but that seemed minor. Beware of the jets in the spa tub. One must keep the water level higher to avoid "splash town."
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
M
We will for sure visit this hotel again! Everything was perfect!
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"Heart of Sausalito"
It was fabulous. The room was gorgeous, the bed was comfy and the location can't be beat, right in the heart of Sausilito
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2014
"Cozy, comfortable and convenient"
The location and condition of the Inn was stellar. The staff, room, property, cleanliness were top notch. The only issue we had was a sub-standard pullout bed. Our kids were sinking straight through the mattress which provided zero support. Other than that, it was a really great place that we would visit again.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
"Lots of Good and a Little Not so Good...."
The staff were just wonderful. Every person we came in contact with were friendly, helpful and efficient. We loved the wine and cheese reception. Lots of lovely snacks, soft music and wine. The breakfast was also just perfect-plenty of choices and good things to eat. Also, loved the claw foot tub after a morning of hiking and the bed was so comfortable. Now, for the not so good... We stayed in the Juniper Room. Unfortunately, it is just above street level and very, very noisy. We were awakened each morning by the sounds of car doors, car alarms, talking, garbage trucks, etc. Our room also had a light out in the bathroom, a light out in the bedroom, cracked hearth, missing plaster in bathroom (I do realize this is a very old building).
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Excellent Service/Location"
The location of this place is perfect-just off the beaten path so it's super quiet, but close enough to walk everywhere. Katrina at the front desk was amazing from start to finish. She was so helpful and very nice, and made the stay a pleasant one.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Beautiful escape"
Spectacular views and comfort of a b&b. Great breakfast and daily wine pairings in the evening. Centrally located.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
jen
"Wonderful inn"
Great location, within walking distance of everywhere. Loved the room. The wine and cheese in the afternoon was a treat
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Cyndiloui
"Friendly and cozy environment"
The rooms were personal and unique with a fireplace, tub, balcony. The continental breakfast was better than I find in most 5 star hotels: organic fruit and yogurt, fresh high-quality pastries, etc. It does not have swimming pool or spa or posh acomodations of a big hotel chain, but it does have a B n B feel and is located near spas and all other services you may need
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Old Sausalito charm and elegance. We love it here and will definetly come again. Walked waterfront, shopped and enjoyed a wonderful dinner all less than a five minute walk. Short drive to Marin Headlands and beach.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Thank Goodness I did no pay full price..."
My wealthy boyfriend lives up there, so *I* wanted to do something nice for us and surprise him with a pretty little room after dinner... for desert :) This was out of my price range, but I got a deal on Hotels, so I went for it. After showing my feet were still a little damp and I noticed fine animal hair all over the bottom of my feet! Looking more closely, I could see it in the carpet :( The bathroom faucet had a spray issue and hit the whole front of my beautiful cocktail dress leaving little dried water marks. When we came back to the room, the fireplace didn't work. Stingy check in (3 pm) Staff was top notch and pretty venue but the details ruined the experience.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
happtheartproductions
"Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful"
The location was perfect. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Room was clean and quiet. Staff was amazingly polite.Thank you for a wonderful stay
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Tammy
"A TOP Boutique Hotel with an exceptional location"
We made a last minute reservation over the Memorial Day Weekend and ended up with a Hotel of exceptional quality. The room was super, with a private courtyard through French Doors. The room also had an alcove with a very comfortabel sofa. There was wine and snacks to buy (for a REASONABLE price, unlike major hotels), as well as a GOOD coffee maker, with GOOD coffee. The continental breakfast was much more than we expected as well. We walked to dinner the night before and had a choice of at least 10 restaurants without driving anywhere . We have this Hotel on our MUST revisit list!!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Duane
"Great alternative to SF hotels"
The Gables Inn was charming and cozy in a location close to the city but felt a like a small Mediterranean coastal hideaway. We loved it and will return.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Perfect spot in Sausalito"
A few blocks from the ferry and right in the heart of things but not noisy. My room was small but very comfortable. Great complimentary wine and cheese in the evening and breakfast in the am. Cannot wait to go back. Bike rental place next door and beautiful paths around the bay.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Jody
"Great location - very nice and unique"
Great bed and breakfast Inn with terrific location
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Greg
"very nice and stress relieving."
love the overall experience. Went to the bay area for business with my wife wanting to visit Sausalito. Located in the heart of it so this was a no brainer.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"What a great surprise."
Enjoyed our stay at the Gables Inn in Sausalito very much. It was a great surprise to find the staff so friendly and responsive as well as such a well kept historic hotel. The evening reception with wine tasting and fabulous cheese and snack assortment was hosted well and the icing on the cake. The closeness to the main street and a beautiful view of San Francisco was just a few steps down Princess street lined with many small shops. A few more minutes walking and you are at the Ferry which will take you into San Francisco. The main street has many more shops and restaurants within five minutes of walking.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Stev
"Very good service and Beautiful location"
The hotel was clean and nicely furnished. They have a very nice continental breakfast and wine and cheese hour. Since it was our honeymoon we opted for the upgraded room which had a lovely view of the bay but seemed a bit of a steep price for a better view. The service was very good. The staff leaves at 10pm, but were very accommodating of our late arrival. Overall would stay at hotel again but probably wouldn't splurge on upper level rooms.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2014
"WOW location"
Great...Wonderfulroom. pleasant accomodating staff...Great views..WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014