All hotels in Sausalito, California, United States of America
62 Princess Street, Sausalito, CA, 94965, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Wonderful inn"
Great location, within walking distance of everywhere. Loved the room. The wine and cheese in the afternoon was a treat
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Cyndiloui
"Friendly and cozy environment"
The rooms were personal and unique with a fireplace, tub, balcony. The continental breakfast was better than I find in most 5 star hotels: organic fruit and yogurt, fresh high-quality pastries, etc. It does not have swimming pool or spa or posh acomodations of a big hotel chain, but it does have a B n B feel and is located near spas and all other services you may need
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Old Sausalito charm and elegance. We love it here and will definetly come again. Walked waterfront, shopped and enjoyed a wonderful dinner all less than a five minute walk. Short drive to Marin Headlands and beach.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Thank Goodness I did no pay full price..."
My wealthy boyfriend lives up there, so *I* wanted to do something nice for us and surprise him with a pretty little room after dinner... for desert :) This was out of my price range, but I got a deal on Hotels, so I went for it. After showing my feet were still a little damp and I noticed fine animal hair all over the bottom of my feet! Looking more closely, I could see it in the carpet :( The bathroom faucet had a spray issue and hit the whole front of my beautiful cocktail dress leaving little dried water marks. When we came back to the room, the fireplace didn't work. Stingy check in (3 pm) Staff was top notch and pretty venue but the details ruined the experience.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
happtheartproductions
"Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful"
The location was perfect. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Room was clean and quiet. Staff was amazingly polite.Thank you for a wonderful stay
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Tammy
"A TOP Boutique Hotel with an exceptional location"
We made a last minute reservation over the Memorial Day Weekend and ended up with a Hotel of exceptional quality. The room was super, with a private courtyard through French Doors. The room also had an alcove with a very comfortabel sofa. There was wine and snacks to buy (for a REASONABLE price, unlike major hotels), as well as a GOOD coffee maker, with GOOD coffee. The continental breakfast was much more than we expected as well. We walked to dinner the night before and had a choice of at least 10 restaurants without driving anywhere . We have this Hotel on our MUST revisit list!!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Duane
"Great alternative to SF hotels"
The Gables Inn was charming and cozy in a location close to the city but felt a like a small Mediterranean coastal hideaway. We loved it and will return.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Perfect spot in Sausalito"
A few blocks from the ferry and right in the heart of things but not noisy. My room was small but very comfortable. Great complimentary wine and cheese in the evening and breakfast in the am. Cannot wait to go back. Bike rental place next door and beautiful paths around the bay.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Jody
"Great location - very nice and unique"
Great bed and breakfast Inn with terrific location
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Greg
"very nice and stress relieving."
love the overall experience. Went to the bay area for business with my wife wanting to visit Sausalito. Located in the heart of it so this was a no brainer.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"What a great surprise."
Enjoyed our stay at the Gables Inn in Sausalito very much. It was a great surprise to find the staff so friendly and responsive as well as such a well kept historic hotel. The evening reception with wine tasting and fabulous cheese and snack assortment was hosted well and the icing on the cake. The closeness to the main street and a beautiful view of San Francisco was just a few steps down Princess street lined with many small shops. A few more minutes walking and you are at the Ferry which will take you into San Francisco. The main street has many more shops and restaurants within five minutes of walking.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Stev
"Very good service and Beautiful location"
The hotel was clean and nicely furnished. They have a very nice continental breakfast and wine and cheese hour. Since it was our honeymoon we opted for the upgraded room which had a lovely view of the bay but seemed a bit of a steep price for a better view. The service was very good. The staff leaves at 10pm, but were very accommodating of our late arrival. Overall would stay at hotel again but probably wouldn't splurge on upper level rooms.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2014
"WOW location"
Great...Wonderfulroom. pleasant accomodating staff...Great views..WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
ken
"Construction in the morning. Rude manager. V"
My stay was alright until I heard drilling in the ground at 7 am. I was half asleep and called front desk at 10am. The manager came down to my room and said he couldn't here anything from the front desk but as soon as he was in my room heard how loud it was. I'm a city girl so I'm used to it being loud and that's why I wanted to get away. He did nothing to make me want to come back. He was rude and sarcastic . Never again
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Small hotel"
Small hotel, much smaller than imagined from the hotel's website. Parking is a problem, especially for me newly settled in the United States. Breakfast is wonderful.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Jingbei
"Beautiful property, need more staff"
This is a beautiful Inn and the staff is very well intentioned and gracious - but they might need more of them. I had a beautiful room, but the radiant heat in my room was not working and there was no one around in the later hours (i called after 10pm) so I spent a cold night. The claw foot tub is lovely, but not functional as a shower ; one the shower head was turned on, I was swaddled in 360 degrees of shower curtain sticking to my skin. Some small adjustments would make this a real gem.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2014
"Great location,"
We stayed at the Laurel room, the bathroom fan was very loud! Parking was extra $20. Other than that everything was great!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2014
Joannie
"Incredible stay"
Impeccible staff and stay
1 night trip Jan 22, 2014
"A great base for a San Francisco visit."
A lovely boutique hotel with an attentive staff in the center of Sausalito close to good dinning and shopping.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
The hotel is great and makes you feel like you're actually in your own home in Sausalito. The location is great and we only had to walk across the street to several good restaraunts. The only thing that should be noted is that two of the best rooms, 304 and 305 require two very steep flights of stairs to get to the rooms. They didn't mention this online when we booked the room and my wife had some difficulty due to a very bad knee. Just and fyi. The hotel is fantastic and the hosts are wonderful. This is our second visit and we'll go back!
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
"A Happy surprise!"
The Gables Inn is beautiful, warm and welcoming. It is located in a terrific Sausalito location close to town. We loved the room and the staff who helped us in every way possible. Can't say enough wonderful things about it.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"A perfect stay!"
My husband, son and I LOVED our stay at The Gables Inn! The inn itself is very picturesque, with the lobby still decorated for the holidays. The staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. Our Buckeye Room was large, beautiful, cozy and comfortable, complete with fireplace. The Inn offers the nicest and freshest continental breakfast in the lobby, as well as a wine-and-cheese spread from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. each night. We would absolutely stay here again if we ever come back to Sausalito! FYI, If you're booking a room with a pull-out couch that you want made up upon your arrival, be sure to call ahead. They do not know this simply with your online booking. Go there!
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Pammy
"Lovely B&B in Sausalito"
The location, service, and amenities of the property are all excellent!
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
"can't wait to go back"
I only stayed for one night, but cannot wait to return! Beautiful, quaint, charming, clean, close to everything, super friendly staff.... Perfect! Can't think of a single thing that could be improved.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Melanie
"Extremely disappointing"
This Inn was beautifully decorated for the Holidays and had a lovely complimentary breakfast--but it's "glory days" of being a comfortable inn are over. Rather then just presentation ,it now requires a substantial overhaul in substance. The room was small,crowded with a useless cabinet to hide the TV. The bed was uncomfortable, there was no shower lever and a hole in the wall where it should have been,the jets in the sunken tub did not work. There aren't even racks/hooks in the sink area for your wash cloths ! There was a shade missing in the window to the hillside dotted with apartments. The view was appreciated only if one stood on the rotting wooden deck and you were on tip toe and leaning far to the right. We upgraded at the last moment to the Willow Room ; cannot imagine how disappointing our original choice may have been. The evening inn keeper on duty was helpful and delightful company but even she could not make up for a $350.00 a night room that may as well have been a Motel 6.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
Muin
"A+ all around"
Comfortable bed, amazing shower, warm and helpful staff, healthy breakfast offerings - I'll be back!
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"A Sausalito visit"
This is a clean, beautifully and tasefully decorated Inn a few steps from restaurants, harbor, main drag in Sausalito. Nice place to stay to see Marin County. Short drive to San Francisco. Staff very friendly and helpful. Evening wine tasting and morning continental breakfast are first class. would definitely go back.
2 night family trip Dec 6, 2013
"Charming hotel that welcomed us to Salsalito!"
Our room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. The staff helpful, competent and welcoming! We were delighted by this hotel!
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"The Gables Inn - Sausalito CA"
Love the hotel and the fact that I could walk to lunch - dinner - shopping. Quaint and comfortable, the staff went out of their way to accommodate me and my colleagues. I travel frequently to SFO and will revisit this hotel again!
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"Sweet, quaint inn right in the heart of Sausalito"
Friendly staff who were very helpful with recommendations, directions, etc. The continental breakfast had the best fresh fruit! The fall decorations were a nice touch as well.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Jill
Couldn't think of one thing that I'd ask them to change ...OK, the window blinds were a little difficult to close. Very enjoyable and will stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
This is a gem of a spot. We loved every minute.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2013
Doug
"Excellent B&B Right in the heart of Sausalito"
The staff at The Gables Inn was so attentive, particularly Sissy, who went out of her way to make our stay spectacular. The inn is within walking distance to the ferry to San Franscisco, and there are tons of shops and restaurants nearby. We would definitely stay here again!
2 night trip Aug 26, 2013
Sara
Outstanding stay in this bed and breakfast.. Well maintained. The lap pool was unexpected. hot tub and great deck just to read and relax. The owner fixed breakfast and worthy of a Michellin rating! Will definitely return.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2013
"Great hotel 200 feet from the water"
The location was a little tricky, placed on one of the hills down in Sausalito. It was a 30 second walk to the water which included the pleasant town's shops and restaurants. The hotel itself was amazing. The hotel felt like a home and you were staying in a guest room. A really nice one at that. The Cedar room was exactly as pictured. The staff was the best part of this hotel. Amazingly friendly and couldn't have asked for a better informative person of the area. Can't wait to come back
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Nice!"
The property is nice and the room was quiet and furnished tastefully. The beverage and wine greeting was a refresher I enjoyed. The morning breakfast selections were wonderfully yummy yet healthy. I will be back!
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
norman
"Cute, Cozy & Quiet!"
Adorable Inn! Stayed in the Willow room. I read on some other reviews that they heard the other guests but I heard not a peep from another guest! There's another inn's balcony facing the Willow room's balcony so don't be struttin' around in your birthday suit too much! It was a very spacious room with great toiletries and an amazing tub. OHHHH the tub! The view was spectacular and the quality of the contential breakfast was better than expected. I also read reviews from others complaining about the parking fee at the Inn. It's $20 a day and is honestly a safe place to park a car and worth every penny. I paid $16 to park for two hours at the pier 39 parking garage in San Fran- a little perspective for those who haven't been in the area. If you have a low car, prepare to "bottom out" a little bit pulling into the parking area (and around Sausalito in general). All in all, amazing place that I'd recommend to anyone!
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Overnite stay Friday evening"
Charming location, generous breakfast, fruit and wine served for evening reception. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Obstructed window, no parking ... poor value"
Permit to start with the positives ... make that positive ... good location. This hardly compensates for the Sycamore Room, our terrible accommodation. It was shocking. Behind the blinds the room's window was obstructed completely by an ugly fence, actually it touched the glass. This deception was rivaled by the noise ... in the evening from the guests above and, inexplicably, in the morning from the staff who talked and dropped items regularly outside our door. Ironically, they did so from a location adjacent to a sign that demanded something like 'Please keep quiet and do not impact sleeping guests'. The biggest disappointed was the parking. What a rip off. We paid $20 per night to park in the hotel's spaces but after our first night no spaces were available. Clearly they had oversold the parking and we had to park on a meter in Sausalito.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
david
"Gables inn"
Nice rooms and atmosphere but the room was at first level on the street and there was a bit of a noise so we could not open the windows to air the room. There is no AC in the rooms.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
MA
"Wonderful"
Found this hotel by chance and would come back to it. Always. They were so nice , location was wonderful and the staff was very helpful for dining reservations. A wonderful find
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2013
Beth
"in the Heart of Sausalito"
Great location just up a hill from the center of town, yet quiet. Amenities were good, although you do not want to bring a large vehicle. I had to be very careful maneuvering my small car in the parking lot. Loved the room but a few things should have been fixed. The lamp on one of the nightstands did not work. Its on/off switch was missing, so someone had unscrewed the light bulb. We had to lift the mattress, unplug it, and stretch the cord to another nearby outlet. This was ridiculous is such a beautiful room. The king bed was very comfortable, although the sheets (and blanket inside) did not come up far enough to cover one's shoulders. We had to yank hard to get under the covers. The bureau was too close to the bed, causing more than one bumped knee. It also takes a long time to unwind the cords that drop the window coverings. We did really like the place and the lobby was very inviting. Enjoyed our continental breakfast on the deck. I hope they make these small changes because it's a lovely place to stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2013
Rita
"Really cute small hotel"
We found the Inn very charming. Our room was on the main level but we were shocked we couldn't hear anything in the lobby even though it was right next to our room (they smartly placed a closet between the rooms). The room was completely and very tastefully updated and large. The only drawback was that there was a bit of a heat wave the days we were there, and for some reason our room didn't have a ceiling fan, even though it would have fit the decor and age of the hotel perfectly. I know some people have problems with them from a decor point of view, but as there was no AC it was really uncomfortable. They did provide us with a box fan, which made it tolerable, but the fan was coated in dust and that was a little gross. We also had to prop it into an open window without a screen, and since the windows didn't stay open on their own we had to rig them open with hangers. No screens wasn't a huge issue as we didn't see any bugs or even flies there. And I don't think the temperature is normally an issue. I just implore them to reconsider a ceiling fan. The wine and cheese reception was lovely. The little side street is cozy and quiet and we felt quite safe even with the windows open on the main floor. All and all we would stay here again in a heartbeat if we stay in Sausilito again (and it wasn't summer).
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2013
"Great hotel close to wharf and shops"
We really enjoyed having a small hotel where you got to meet other guests, especially during happy hour in the afternoon and breakfast. The room was large and the decor relaxing. We didn't have a view of the bay but we don't consider that a problem as it was just a few steps down the road and you were on the water front looking back to San Francisco. We will certainly stay here again when we are back in the San Fran area. The staff were helpful and friendly. Just a great stay after 8 weeks touring the States.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Rachael
"Cute and friendly"
Very nice and clean, very friendly service. Beware if an unusually very hot day that there is no AC.
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2013
D and C
"A gem in the heart of Sausalito"
We were expected upon arrival, and Missy made us feel right at home. A lovely happy hour with wine and cheese on the terrace, then a lovely walk into town (50 yards) for a great dinner. Quiet, private, secluded . . . wonderful!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Warner
"Perfect Weekend Escape!"
We had a very relaxing stay at The Gables Inn. The view from the Alder room was wonderful and it was very hard to leave.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"NIce location, smaller hotel with character."
hotel staff was great. older property that is well kept and has old world charm. just what we were looking for. great view of the bay and san francisco from our room.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Great ambiance and wonderful continental breakfast in the morning. Free internet is a plus.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Comfortable stop-over"
The room was quite comfortable and relaxing. Since it was apparently a light evening, the manager upgraded us to another room. The rooms are extremely spacious and a great value on short notice if you are on a road trip and happen upon these parts.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013