All hotels in Karon, Thailand
38 Katekwan Rd, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent hotel, for an excellent holiday"
My partner and I have just returned from this hotel after a two week holiday. We had a great time and this hotel was a big contributing factor. It is in a great location, is beautifully landscaped (like being in a tropical paradise) and the staff were very polite. It is located on a smaller street just off the main street of Kata and is about a 15 minute walk to the beach, however it has a free shuttle service if you didn't want to walk. The walk didn't bother us (go left at the high street and use the beach at the wave machine end). For the price we paid compared to the others that we saw, this was definitely the best hotel and stood out over the high rise looking ones. Its location was also quiet, with a lovely pool bar. Room was spacious and had good facilities and we felt the room service charges was very reasonable. Lots of on the house water and the food and cocktails were good. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Jac
"Christmas in Kata"
Arrived late in the evening and had quick and smooth check in. Received our complimentary welcome drink and then a tour of our rooms from our hostess. Spent four nights in this hidden gem. Only a 15 minute walk to the beach or you could take the hotel shuttle running every 15 minutes. You didn't need to go to the beach and could just stay in this oasis enjoying the pool, fountains and excellent food. The only problem we encountered was a leaky air conditioning unit but it was repaired as soon as we contacted the front desk.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Sophisticated & low key for those that want peace"
Tranquil & beautiful gardens, lovely rustic but well appointed rooms. Very arty, tasteful designed hotel. Professional, friendly, efficient staff & a good breakfast spread in their excellent restaurant which is located in a quiet side street just off the main drag.
4 night trip Dec 15, 2014
Terence
"Close to beach and a Great Area"
My husband was disappointed when I booked the hotel in the first place, but I kept reassuring him that reviews kept giving the Villas 9 and 10 ratings. For months I kept reading reviews and nothing changed so I was pleased that I had picked the right hotel. But the moment I walked into the Villa I nearly died, not that it was dirty or anything like that but the smell of MILDEW was so overwhelming, to the extent that everytime we entered the Villa I would run up the stairs to the bedroom to get away from the smell. The bedroom is huge but a large bath tub was placed right near the toilet and shower and it was extremely hard to get into either one. A booby trap at night when lights were out. When we went for cocktails by the pool when we first arrived we ordered drinks and after a long wait we were told they couldn't make them as they were missing a component important to more than one of the drinks. (Mekhong). Rooms are tired and need repainting, definitely not consistent with 5 star. Concept was good but unfortunately it didn't work.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Consym
"A sanctuary"
Beautiful hotel, the grounds make you feel like you are in a spa retreat. The location is good as your away from the main party scene in patong but still close enough to get there (15 mins in a tuk tuk). There are lots of restaurants nearby as well as the beach.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Allure79
"very warm hotel staff but poor facilities"
the staff there are very warm and always smiling to us as soon as we have eye contact, which is great, but there always have the water issues and we are informed which cannot be fixed, as such, the water is so dirty and yellow, we can even see sands in it, the hot shower is always not stable, sometimes hot and sometimes cold, we were told this is because the water technician is working on it and cannot be fixed, but then they said we can change a room, well, it's too troublesome to live just several nights
SG
"An Oasis"
A fantastic hotel. Great staff and well worth a visit. We went for the Baray Villa, which was superb.
8 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
ALLAN
"Not sure how this gets rated so highly"
Garden rooms are really small and built with thin common walls between them. As a result we were woken by a screaming child on one night/morning and on another occasion we were kept awake by a group having drinks out the front of their room (which was basically our front door too). When we got home my wife discovered she had left her very expensive bikini hanging in the room. Despite a number of emails it is clear the staff pocketed it! (Not the first time this has been reported via this forum). If you can't ride a motorbike be prepared to walk or get fleeced by the local taxi mafia which set the prices they want and they all work in conjunction with each other. This part of Phuket is heavily populated by large groups of Chinese and Russian tourists so make plans well ahead to avoid missing opportunities.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
steve
"Awesome Resort Villa"
Go for the villa, it's amazing and huge. So much detail and decorating has gone into this resort, it's the epitome of Thai style. There are massage places and restaurants on the same street and its a quick 10min walk to the beach. The service is also excellent. I went with my wife and daughter and it was perfect for us. Away from the nightlife with still enough to do to keep you entertained.
5 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Mr. Steve
"Terrible stanky hotel"
We booked a room and it literally smelled like the sewage pipes had bursted. We complained but management didn't do much. Ruined our vacation.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Disappointed
HK
"Perfect!"
Absolutely beautiful would stay here time and time again!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Real Thai Style - Loved IT"
The location is perfect and the staff are extremely friendly. Opt for the pool side room.
7 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"a little oasis"
Beautiful facility, beautiful pool area, beautiful restaurant, beautiful staff. Very professional run, but a bit over priced as the rooms are very small. Staff friendliness and service is 10/10.
6 night trip Jul 28, 2014
M&V
"The PERFECT Spot"
This was my 5th stay at Sawasdee Village. I've been a guest of the Baray Villas as well as the Garden Suites multiples times and the service is always impeccable. The staff seems to genuinely delight in making guests feel at home and accommodated in every way possible. Inside the Village is a quiet, serene getaway all it's own world and just outside, a wonderful buzz of shopping, entertainment and outdoor activity. The location is wonderful as well, near Kata & Karon Beaches, a more family-oriented area. I can't wait to go back for trip #6!!!
3 night romance trip Aug 12, 2014
Erica S
"Very nice and relaxing environment"
Amazing experience, more beautiful than we expected and we will definitely come back.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Martina
"Thailand break"
If you are looking for a western style hotel then this is not for you , however sawasdee village is a great place to stay the staff are great and the restaurant is amazing . Although it is little dated it did not affect our opinion or enjoyment of our stay it's a pleasure to return after day out amongst the chaos of phuket .
6 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Magical"
So happy that we stayed at a Baray Villa. We could not believe how wonderful the suite was, as well as the hotel grounds. It was like stepping into a magical land where you transform into king and/or queen. The villas were quite large, with huge beds, ornate designs, access to an amazing pool, and with everything you need to have a comfortable stay. Room service visits several times a day for cleaning, mosquito control, replenishing water, fruits, etc. Staff were very friendly and professional. Its location is pretty good, about 15 minutes walk to the beach (wasn't good for swimming in July). You can find shops, restaurants, etc. nearby. For booking tours, they recommended the agency right across the street, which we can now recommend in turn. Breakfast was included and of high quality, although item choice seemed limited. Like the rest of the hotel grounds, they created a divine atmosphere in the restaurant. Overall, if you want a very special holiday, Baray Villa does it.
7 night trip Jul 13, 2014
melsusoy
"Beautiful garden and romantic hotel"
Really nice decor wasn't boring loved the wooden bathroom and patio, loved the garden little touches here and there the big cushion swings the pond and stepping stones towards the restaurant a very romantic, secluded feel. Buffet restaurant was nice, fruit eggs, toast sausages etc not big breakfast eater though it was good. The swimming pool is awesome pool bar and surrounded by garden. Quite close (10 min walk) to Kata beach which happens to be my favourite, small clean and beautiful less crowds too. Rooms are lovely giant bed with golden mosquito net nice wooden touches. The only negative thing i could say would be that because of the weather and all the garden there can be quite a few mozzies outside, and also the rooms are quite small and dim. Don't mind the lighting as it makes it more romantic but I suggest only staying here for those short trips as there isn't much room to store things and leave things not much of a kitchen just not suited for longer stays which isn't a problem but just something to consider when booking. I was there for two weeks only spent a few nights there and moved to a more basic functional hotel which was perfect. Other than that I would definitely come back.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
ange
"Just OK"
It is nice, green and quiet upon entry...kind of like a little village, hidden away. The rooms are a little small but comfortable. The pool is nice, with a small swim-up bar and the hotel wasn't very busy when we were staying there.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Katri
"Hotel in Kata"
Very nice hotel with very helpful friendly staff, always happy to help with any request, although a bit of a walk to the beach they did provide transport on the hour but it was close enough to walk, shops and restaurants close, breakfast had something for everyone, pool was good but not deep and not a lot room around the edge. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Haydon
"Absolutely fantastic"
Relaxing, kata beach great,staff wonderful ab thai people just so helpful. Definately recommend hiring a scooter see so much more. The villa in Sawasdee just stunning will stay next time.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Nice hotel in a tranquil garden setting."
The Baray Villas are superb. Pure indulgence and very private. Staff are friendly and service is excellent though having a permanent staff member at the bar in the swimming pool would reduce wait time for ordering a drink.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Beautiful Thai inspired"
Our two night stay at Sawasdee was heaven. From the moment we walked through the entrance we could see that we had made the perfect choice. The hotel is well secluded from the busy street. The lush surroundings throughout the hotel were very welcome. Every step you take you find beautiful Thai statues fountains, bells and lots of lounging areas. The pool was especially inviting with lots of day beds. Pool bar was a bonus. Staff were all very helpful. I wish we had stayed a few days longer. The sitting area outside our room was a great place to sit with friends.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Lynn
"Beatiful grounds, amazing villas"
Villas worth upgrading - beautifull mini palace. Awesome restourant, magical at night on the restourant veranda. Love the lemongrass smell throughout the property.
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
Kat
"Excellent place to relax and chill"
Staff were helpful, villas were amazing, pools were relaxing. A great place to just spend your time within the village compound. not more then 10 minutes walk to the beach.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Zee
MY
"Beautiful Place close to everything"
the best experience of my life so close to everything but so secluded and quiet when in your own paradise behind the entrance of the hotel is a tranquil serene getaway for anyone
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Valene
Stay & overall hotel appearance was good but had just two complaints 1. Toilet didn't have a faucet 2. The bathroom for some reason smelt like drainage
2 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2014
denson
"What an amazing and beautiful hotel"
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Thailand the staff are just superb so welcoming and have the best hospitality ever im looking forward to coming back to Phuket and spend alot more time but overall the experience and memories I will take and i will treasure. Many thanks for sharing the beauty of the Thai Culture.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Brenz
"fantastic holiday location"
Unbelievable property which made our holiday one of the best of all times. There was no faults at all.
14 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Jamie
"Authentic Thai experience"
Unique resort staff where great and we enjoyed our stay, rooms where small only due to the size of the massive bed and rooms where dark but we would stay again
Other trip May 5, 2014
Francesca
"A little piece of paradise for such a great price!"
What's to say about this hotel, my husband and I couldn't faultier a single thing. Staff.. amazing. facilities...amazing. surrounds out of this world. nothing was too much for the staff and the little rose petals on our bed made it feel like a honeymoon of my dreams. Thank you Sawasdee, thank you so much.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Nice hotel away 20 mins away from Patong"
This is my 5th trip to this hotel and will keep coming back. Great authentic Thai experience as soon as you enter the Village along with the restaurant. Small pool but great for meeting new people. Sawasdee Village really not recommended for children. If you have a chance try and spend a night at the Barray Villas. Expensive but worth every cent. This recent trip we were presented with a bottle of Red wine on a silver platter with 2 wine glasses to welcome us back.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Alan
"great hotel that is not just a concrete block."
from the walk into the hotel from the street the hotel screams Thailand. Tropical plants, buddas and buildings. Staff were excellent, breakfast was very good with a great selection and dinning room beautiful. enjoyed the pool and pool bar with 2 for 1 drinks during happy hour. All in all loved the place.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"My favourite hotel"
By far, my favourite hotel on our trip, what a lovely feeling you get walking into the grounds of the hotel, absolutely beautiful. The staff were fab, rooms were lovely and the beds were huge, they provided water everyday along with mosquito repellent & tiger balm which I thought was very thoughtful. Very quiet and relaxed few days here, would love to go back, didn't realise that they had a hotel in Krabi otherwise we'd have booked into that too. x
3 night trip Mar 24, 2014
LozzaK
"Great hotel great location"
This hotel is nice it has a tropical feel to it staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place to anybody who is going to Phuket. It is only are short walk to kata beach but they also run a free shuttle every hour. We had a great stay and also the breakfast was great and a good variety of food thank you to all the staff at sawasedee for a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
steve
"Time Spent in Paradise!"
Our stay at Sawasdee Village was one that we'll never forget. The hotel, with it's stunning decor and beautiful pool/grounds, is an absolute feast for the senses. And the staff here are beyond compare in every way. They were most kind to my two young sons, and made their stay there a very special one. Thank you to everyone at Sawasdee Village for making our time there so enjoyable!
7 night family trip Mar 19, 2014
Sonya
"Great resort!"
Sawasdee village was awsome, the room (garden delux), swimming pool, spa & restaurants. Close to lots of shops, restaurants & bars. 10 min walk to the beach. I highly recommend this resort
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Lovely hotel"
small but lovely resort staff,food,service,pool,all excellent free internet in the room a bonus,free shuttle to the beach on the hour although we really didn't leave the resort a lot
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
peter
"Awesome hotel...better than we hoped for"
The hotel was amazing so much more than we had expected. Beautiful little treasures wherever you walk and the most helpful, friendly beautiful staff. We can't wait to return. I celebrated my birthday while I was there and staff surprised me with a little cake.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Old overpriced and ugly"
The room done up in a jungle hovel motif was incredibly small for $200 USD per night. The towelswere also old threadbare. The neighborhood was seedy with massage parlors, tattoo joints and sorry looking souvenir shops. Upon check in the staff insisted on me forwarding them the prepayment confirmation hotels.com sent to my mobile. I wonder if they received the booking information prior to my arrival.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
Zhuhai Bill
"Beautiful boutique hotel on a quiet street ."
We loved our stay at Sawadee The staff were always available to accommodate our every requests. The quiet and beauty of this hotel provided the romance and comfort that we wanted for a perfect holiday. The Kata Beach was only a short walk away.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Natalie
"Peaceful Oasis"
Just got back yesterday, what a fantastic experience. The hotel is set in a beautifully designed tropical oasis. The traditional decor has been thoughtfully put together. If you are thinking of staying here please do. The staff are the best I've every experienced , the service is second to none. I was unwell while I was visiting (nothing relating to the hotel) one of the reception staff bought me some flowers and a get well card, who does that these days? Almost everyone we met asked how I was feeling. The rooms are ample, the beds enormous and comfy. we slept very well as the rooms are dark and it's very quiet at the Sawasdee Village, no traffic noise. Blissful. Breakfast is buffet style and everyone's taste appears to have been catered for, there is a lot of choice. One thing to point out, don't take beach towels with you. You are given a beach bag and towels, which are replaced daily. How good is that? Go, you'll love it
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Katrina
"Beautiful, tranquil hotel"
We really enjoyed staying here as it is very beautiful, almost magical surroundings and is individual not massive resort style. The restaurant has excellent food, bed very comfortable and bathroom facilities very good. Only disappointing thing was it does not have beach views and is not really near the beach. It is a short walk to the beach even though there is a shuttle bus. The room although lovely may be a little small ( typical room we stayed in for our price range) for a longer stay or if you wish to spend time in the room. There are more luxurious villas available. If you want quiet, peaceful, solitude,nice pool, not crowded and top quality food then this hotel is a good choice.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Denise
"Excellent service, beautiful hotel"
we had an amazing time here for great value- and upgraded to the Baray Villa for one night, which was well worth it! we hardly wanted to leave the room! only complaint is more of a phuket-wide problem- kata beach sewer systems are over extended and we often got whiffs of sewage around the hotel and outside as well. not sure there's much they can do about that, but the hotel itself is so unique and very warm and welcoming. we never wanted to leave!
3 night romance trip Jan 5, 2014
"Beautiful Villas"
We stayed in the Baray Villas and it was stunning. Our 4am arrival was treated no differently than any other by the kind hotel staff. She even checked with us what kind of fruit we like and for the remainder of our stay we had fresh banana and passion fruit every day. The staff are nice and take care of you. The villa was comfortable and spacious as we recovered from our 30 hour journey and 14 hour time difference. Directly across the road from some great little restaurants, and about a 10 minute walk to the beach. Free shuttle to the beach during the day on the hour which was good to use in the heat. At night we walked down to the main strip to explore more. I liked this location more than some of the more central hotels due to the lack of noise. Swimming in the pool was tranquil with the beautiful waterfall in the background. Would definitely go back, it was hard to leave and we wish we had longer after our 6 nights there.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Natasha
"Wonderful hotel"
Like another world, relaxing, exotic, very clean and very friendly. They cannot do enough for you. Definitely going back next year.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Jenny
"Lovely hotel, walking distance to beach and shops"
Great experience staying there, would definitely stay there again but next time in a villa as they look awesome.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"A touch of paradise"
Very friendly welcome, relaxing atmosphere, amazing pool and restaurant. Food was a little more pricey than expected but was lovely none the less. Would certainly come again
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
tomkat
"Very romantic and great location"
Me and my fiance spent 13 days in the Sawasdee village. I got engaged in the hotel's garden area, it was so romantic. Very nice and exotic hotel. The room was good too. Extremely large bed, every day cleaning+get new towels and sheets if you want to. Beautiful and helpful staff and very good buffet breakfast. The all hotel looks like an amazing wonderland. Only I think more storage needs in the room, we hardly could put away our staff from our suitcases+ what we bought in the market over there. + maybe need some upgrading in the bathroom, make it a bit more modern. But other than that I highly recommend to go there. It is amazing!:)
13 night romance trip Jul 6, 2013
Miss L
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel, very neat and tidy. The main pool and bar is amazing with friendly staff. We had a great stay there with only positive feedback for the hotel.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013