All hotels in Killeen, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2300 Florence Rd, Killeen, TX, 76542, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great stay, Over Priced store inside."
Our family stay was great. Only thing is the little snack store was WAY over priced! Im talkin 2.50 for 3 Twinkies and 2.25 for a 8oz bottle of OJ
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Keynisha
"Awful Stay"
Awful stayed..... first room offered door locks did not work.... second room floors were sticky and did not have any towels. I was told that they were really busy and did not have time to do laundry. Finally, I was given one towel.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2015
Jose
"Not so bad after all"
I only have one complaint about the room. It wasn't enough room for 5 people, the beds were too little (full side) for all of us and didn't have a rollaway bed or sofa To sleep in, which was listed online. I guess it was good just for one uncomfortable night!! At least bathroom and kitchen were clean
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Luis
"Stay at Killeen"
Service at the desk was friendly and fast, room was very clean
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Jorge
"ONLY ONE PLACE TO STAY"
we had a greaaaat sleep.
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
Jesse
The hotel room was clean. The pull out couch was very uncomfortable and the air conditioner was very loud. Otherwise the room was nice.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your stay. We will be ordering new furniture soon and will definitely look at sofa sleepers that are more comfortable. Thank you again for your comments.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"love this place!"
The service was amazing! The front desk were really informative! They have movies at the front desk that we could rent out to watch. The grill in the back was clean to use. The room was clean and it had a kitchenette in there with cooking ware. I would definitely book at this hotel again!
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for taking the time to comment and give us feedback. I will definitely pass on to our front desk team and housekeeping team your positive comments. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Candle woods suites"
Candle wood was a nice hotel for the price. The service there was oustanding. They are pet friendly and do not have outrageous pet fee. They have free washer and dryers. This is a plus. They don't have breakfast or a diner but you can go across the street to holiday in and everything is free.
4 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
Kyle
"Overall really good"
No convenience store close, made it hard to buy beer. Not a big deal at all, just surprised me
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Very comfortable! Great service!"
Beds were great, staff was friendly and helpful. Very good value for the price.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Ok Stay"
Room was clean, rate was very high for the area, and I was stuck next to the loudest talker in the world on his bluetooth. The receptionist was kind and apologized for having to put me next to him and his party, but had no where else for me to go. Sleep was not really an option, but the room was clean and there was hot water and clean towels.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by another guest and unable to sleep. I hope the next time you are in Killeen we can offer you a better experience. I will definitely pass along to our housekeeping department your nice comments on the room being clean. Thank yoo again for your comments and for staying at our hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Outstanding stay"
Very accommodating staff, clean and comfortable room, overall I would stay there again without a doubt.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
Craig
"Not worth it!"
Had to pay pet deposit for my parakeet. This is the first place that said pet deposit includes birds. Claiming floor needed to be shampood. Feet were black from walking barefoot. Sheets on one bed were stained yellow in middle. I was told rooms are only cleaned every 7 days and if I needed clean towels I had to come downstairs to get them. I'm used to breakfast at similar places and rates. But had to go out. Worst part was that the door only locked from inside. I could push the door open from outside. I was in a rush when I got there but had already unpacked when I noticed door issues and exhausted when I got back after party,so never asked to change rooms since I had friends visiting me and not going out much.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay and giving us the opportunity to improve. I will review with our new manager to ensure that each lock is working properly. We appreciate you staying with us.
3 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
"Large comfortable room"
Building and rooms need a lot of maintenance. Room was very comfortable. Great value.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Amie
Overall very nice. The bed could have been firmer, but that is a personal preference. Some upgrades would habeen nice, but for the price agood experience.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Family vacation
"pleased!"
the staff was very helpful! and very friendly! we had a problem with our origanal room. And they moved us to a different room very quickly.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Christina
"Room needed repairs"
The bathroom door had no locking mechanism and the door was held together with wood screws after apparently being broken. The shower head was hanging and could not be affixed to the wall. I paid approximately $13 more to book this room with Expidia than if I would have booked it directly with the hotel. Disappointing.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
I wanted to first thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to the Fort Hood area. Thank you also for letting us know of the needed repairs in the room you stayed in. I will make sure to have our Chief Engineer fix this right away. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation needed when you come back to Killeen. Best Regards, Jen Huber
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"Nice.....!"
Needs more options for the vending area.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for staying with us Corey! We will make sure to have the vending area/Candlewood Cupboard better stocked. Was there anything you would recommend we make sure we have in stock? Thanks again for your feedback. Best Regards, Jen Huber
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
Corey
In town for my nephews wedding, and the room was comfortable and suitable for me, my wife and 4 kids. Really enjoyed ourselves for a great price and location.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Shelby Mitchell
"rigth for the price"
Heater was inoperable and asked to be moved to another room and they gladly changed my room.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"Awesome"
This truly was an awesome hotel. Location, quiet, spacious what more can you ask for. Only one flaw, no breakfast. I need breakfast. Thanks.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
"Just a place to stay"
I guess for the price it was alright, but since we were coming from another hotel that was way better, this one was a let down. Our room door would not close without slamming it, we were next to an abusive couple who fought constantly and even lead to some kind of arrest and everything was very outdated.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Candlewood Suite Review"
The room was very small to be considered a suite. I did not like the fact that pool services were located at another hotel "holiday inn". I did not like the fact that there was no continental breakfast available for the guests. Overall I would probably b skeptic to book at this hotel in the future. However the overall hotel was very clean and neat.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your recent stay with us. I do apologize that we did not have the amenities you were looking for at our hotel. With our campus setting with our sister property Holiday Inn we are able to offer our guests the amenities of both hotels when staying at either property which are within walking distance. I am glad everything went well with your stay.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
Jasmine
I love staying here! I wont stay anywhere else when i visit fort hood!!!
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return in the future and appreciate you choosing us as your "Home away Home."
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2013
tina
Workout machine broken and has been for weeks. No continental breakfast. Otherwise stay ok...nice rooms.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
I do apologize about one of the workout machines being down longer than expected. We did have to special order a part for it so the arrival of it was delayed. Glad everything else went well with your stay and we appreciate your feedback and you choosing to stay with us.
3 night trip Apr 15, 2013
Tyler
"Yes I would."
The hotel was very pleasant overall. I would stay here again.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
Awesome place to stay! Ill definitely choose this hotel again!
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We love that your stay with us was awesome and look forward to your return.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2013
"ok"
Hotel was mediocre. Service was good but when I made my reservations and I told the reservationist I was traveling with my two small dogs. When I got there I was slammed with a $75 non refundable pet deposit. I should have been told about that when I called to make the reservations.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
I do apologize that the pet fee was not explained to you at the time of booking your reservation. We will definitely work on making sure all of our channels that take reservations are explaining the details of our amenities. Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2012
Rod
"Hotel review"
Room was clean and spacious. Air conditioner wasn't working, told the staff, they said they would fix it. When we checked out it still hadn't been fixed. Temperature never dropped below 76 even when thermostat was set at 50.
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
I do apologize that the maintenance issue with your ac was not taken care of when it was brought to our attention. We definitely do not want that to happen to any of our guests during their stay. We will share this experience with the present staff to make sure that this doesn't occur again. I hope that we can have another opportunity in the future to show you that we have improved maintenance and response times in a more efficient manner. Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us. Please contact me so we can discuss your stay in detail. Thank you.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
willie burton
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your recent stay with us.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2013
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your recent stay.
Business trip Nov 14, 2012
Aaron
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your recent stay with us.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2012
Response by Candlewood Suites Killeen
Thank you for your recent stay.
Other trip Jun 24, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area

04/25/15 tlpounds13 Big Spring, Texas
The hotel is clean and fairly quiet. It has a full kitchenette, large closet, and air conditioner works well. There is a wet spot where the condensation from the A/C gets on the carpet. I'm sure this is a place where mold could breed. The staff was super friendly. They have movies at the front desk for you to "rent" for free for 48 hours at a time. They also have a section of board games that you can rent. It's next door to the Holiday Inn, and you may use their facilities. Price was very reasonable, and wifi worked without a problem. Beds are fairly comfortable.
"Friendly Staff, Poor Hotel"
04/07/15 Vann L Woodstock, Alabama
The AC GFI breaker continually popped and I had to reset it. The washing machine we tried to use was broken and the staff knew that it was broken but failed to put a sign on it. Then we had to wait for someone from the Holiday In to come and pry it open so we could get our soapy soaking wet clothes out of that machine and spend additional time getting them re-washed. It makes no sense to have a floor non-smoking except for two rooms that are smoking and put them right at the elevator. We need non-smoking rooms due to my wife's asthma and having to stand in the middle of a visible smoke cloud while waiting for the slow elevator caused health issues a few times during our brief stay. So, you need proper maintenance on your in room equipment, you need to have the common courtesy to label broken equipment as broken and you need to put smoking room at the end of the hallway so no one has to suffer standing in someone else's second hand smoke.
"Clean hotel, great breakfast, professional and friendly staff"
03/19/15 Mike B Augusta, Georgia
The new Candlewood Suites on Ft Hood is beautiful - very clean rooms, hallways, lobby, and breakfast area. Breakfast is excellent! Wednesday evening manager reception with soda and food is a nice plus. Room is spacious, clean, with very comfortable beds. Free WIFI. Super friendly staff at the front desk helped me multiple times during the week - always with a smile and always willing to find out answers to my questions. Highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Fort Hood for any reason.
"Convenient and affordable"
02/20/15 alezzio87 seoul
Stayed 2 different weekends back to back, and both times had great service. Jeannine at the was very accommodating the every need. The prices are really reasonable for for the space and amenities. Definitely will be staying here again.
"Really Friendly and Price Right"
02/18/15 David B Southlake, Texas
I had a great stay at the Candlewood Suites in Killeen. I thought I had made a reservation and mistakenly had but in another town. They were full but still manage to squeeze me in and still gave me a very good rate. The team there went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. They knew I had to leave very early the next morning and had my bill ready along with giving me a great place to to stop for lunch on my way to San Antonio. I felt like it was all about me, but notice they really are wonderful to everyone there.
"Needs training"
02/10/15 mgmram Lakewood, Washington
My family was traveling to Killeen for a funeral and the last thing we wanted to have problems with was lodging and meals. We were there for three nights and each of the evenings when we returned to out room the keys would not work. I mentioned even mentioned to the clerk how long we were staying each evening and still had the get keys every night. The room was clean and the staff was friendly I just cannot understand why there was such an issue getting a key for the entire stay. They did give us a "free" breakfast at the restaurant but that was terrible! I ordered an omelet that was supposed to have sausage in it and was told they didn't have sausage and asked if they could substitute bacon instead. I agreed but when the omelet finally arrived, almost 45 minutes later, there was no bacon in it... My wife ordered tea, they didn't have any that morning or the evening before when we went in for a snack. Speaking of the evening before...We went in for a snack the second evening we were there. We ordered tea and were told that the morning shift hadn’t made any; it was 8:30 at night. I ordered a dessert that was on the menu and they did not have any deserts at all. My wife and I then ordered a Caesar salad and were asked what kind of dressing I wanted? Really, didn't know there was an option on a Caesar salad. Well, we were also informed that they didn't have a Caesar salad only the house salad. We agreed the salad was warm as was the ranch dressing. This was not a good experience for us and will probably find another place to stay if we ever have to visit the area again.
"Flew in to visit family nearby"
12/31/14 cathyS920 Grand Rapids, Michigan
They have a friendly & helpful staff. Our only complaint would be that they do not offer a shuttle to the airport. The other hotels in the area do, so we would not stay there if we were flying again. The taxi cost was $25 each way. They do not have a restaurant, but there is a Holiday Inn next door where we had a late night sandwich for dinner. There was no place else within walking distance to eat.
"Candlewood Suites Killeen at Fort Hood"
12/03/14 Garrick A Concord, California
Candlewood Suites was my "home away from home" for approx. 5-weeks. The hotel is adjacent to another hotel of the same HGL (?) group of hotels, which is an advantage to the Candlewood location. Every person behind the desk was exceptional and very professional. Outstanding of the group were Twonia, Christine, Denise and Jennifer. A few of the reviews I read are pure hog-wash (!), written by the few who carry "issues" on their sleeve. The free laundry services, 24-hour coffee, pantry and room amenities were very well received by me. The room was clean! I will return to that same hotel if and when I return to Killeen. The hotel offers once-a-week general cleaning; and other room related services upon request. I did have to go out and buy a small lamp to supplement the lighting in the room (which was OK without the new lamp), because I worked on projects while in the room. Dave and Jen were helpful and did what they could to keep me in the room during my ever-changing schedule and during one of the hotel's busy periods. Although the hotel does not offer breakfast within the building, the pantry is stocked and the restaurant of the adjoining hotel offers a discount for Candlewood Suites guests if members of the hotel group. It was a very good, clean stay. Thank you!!! Garrick Anderson, CA
"Working on improvement"
10/28/14 Lee L
Friendly staff on all shifts. It's apparently an older property, but there seem to be a lot of effort into improvements. Dave Patell, Kathy and Tatina were very helpful in my stay. Left my jacket in my room after checking out. I called the front desk upon landing for the connecting flight and my jacket was already at the front desk. The Clerk on duty agreed to mail it to home address - to easy!
"cleanliness/maintenance "not up to snuff" is putting it mildly"
10/16/14 Lois M Kansas
First, let me say that the staff was courteous and friendly, there was quality cookware in the kitchenette, the shower head was nice and the use of the washers and dryers was free--end of good points. The room was dirty & dingy. The bathroom door was broken (like someone had broken it down & they took the guts out of the knob and literally screwed the door back together) and unable to secure. The drapes and sheers were filthy. The exit door nearest our room was broken (could get out but not back in with the room key-safety issue for a lady to be taking out her dog after dark). They told us they would get maintenance on it. Still broken when we left. By the way, this was the door nearest the grill. We were given an accessible room which we did not want. Being almost five foot tall and the logistics of a handicap commode do not mix well. We were told they were lucky to get us a room because they were so full (I reserved this stay several months back) and would get us into a different room as soon as they could-never happened. I was unable to take a bath. I finally figured out how to get the shower bench out of the tub and started running the water, the tub just didn't seem to be filling. There was good water pressure. I turn off the water and then hear it draining out because the plug does not seat properly. I tried to take a bath anyway and race the draining water and lost. The desk chair was coming apart at the seams, appeared to be stapled together. It seemed sturdy but looked scary. The smoke detector was located directly (and I mean directly) above the range top. I have no idea who could have thought that one up, seriously...SERIOUSLY? Add to that the recirculating range hood blows right toward the smoke detector. The range hood fan was wrong, the fan was hitting the filter and cutting the metal filter. There was a light out above the bathroom vanity mirror, I informed the maintenance man while he was working on our broken door lock (the entrance to our room door, not the bathroom door), which he worked on for some time. He reported he would be back with a light bulb-never happened-even though I mentioned it twice more. One of the reasons he worked so long on the door is that he thought the screws were stripped. He was trying to use a Phillips when he needed a star key. This is the maintenance man. I am a female, a nurse - not mechanically inclined at all and I could see that. I didn't want to tell the guy how to do his job so I kept my mouth shut. Another guy came to help him who figured out the phillips vs star thing. The door was not fixed until another female employee came to help. I don't know what she did but my key card would let me in the room after that. In the pet contract it stated that you can't walk your dog through the lobby, being I couldn't get in through the end door that would accommodate me bypassing the lobby from outside to my room, I apologized to the lady at the desk and told her about the door lock mechanism. She was very nice and said no, that wasn't their policy, they love dogs and that they would get maintenance on the door lock. More on the pet policy, you can not leave your pet at any time alone in the room unless they are crated. I have a rescue who freaks out to the point of making herself sick if you crate her. We have tried kenneling her at our vet who is amazing and the girls in the office just end up carrying her all day because of how bad she freaks out in the cage. Which is one of the reasons we are looking for a "pet friendly" hotel. So, not only was the room gross but I was forced to stay in it or only go places that I could take my dog. I love my dog but I am so not one of those pets as accessories people. The sidewalks that they do have are right up against the building, so as people exit their vehicles in the parking lot to enter the hotel they are literally walking right outside your windows so that you can hear their conversations and see their faces through the closed windows if you are on the first floor. Creepy. But they weren't really creepers they were just walking on the sidewalk. Only one person in the room gets breakfast and you have to go to another hotel to get it. And the black thing in the picture we found on top of the cabinets is a piece of charcoal and the other thing is an air-freshener. Don't know if staff placed them there or another guest. If you cleaned the rooms more than once a week you would not have to cover odors, they would be cleaned away. This is a dude's hotel. If you don't cook on the range top or care if the room is remotely clean or want everyone in your room to get breakfast or take a bath or want to shut the door when using the latrine you'll be fine. We weren't and went across the street to what should have been a comparable hotel of the extended stay type and costs about the same. But it is way, way, way better. Plus they were very accommodating in helping us with early check in so that we wouldn't get dinged another day at the Candlewood.