All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
1152 N White River Pkwy West Dr, Indianapolis, IN, 46222, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Out of the way and no housekeeping service"
Stayed here because all of the hotels in downtown were booked. The hotel is clean and the beds are okay. Our suite had a full kitchen and the price was reasonable. However, there is no housekeeping service and no room service. The pantry downstairs is good in a pinch, but there is no place to get a good meal within walking distance. The shuttle service to downtown is reasonably priced, but unreliable if you are on a schedule. I would not stay here again if there was another option closer to downtown.
4 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
Martin
"Great location if your using IU Hospital"
loved the king sized bed, slept very well . Only stayed one night
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great Suites!"
The suite was perfect, had stocked kitchen (dishes, pots, pans, salt/pepper). DVD player in living room with DVDs to borrow at the front desk, nice perk!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Enjoyable Stay"
Very clean hotel with spacious rooms. Great view of Indianapolis and free parking!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"The staff were not friendly toward us"
I hardly write reviews but I have no other option this time around than to comment on how my wife and myself were treated when we spent a night in this hotel. The staff were not nice to us at all, but our guess was because we were BLACKS and they somehow suspected that we were out there for a criminal activity. I visited my wife at Indianapolis at a time where a lot of incidents had happen so I could understand their suspicion. However, I found it very unacceptable and uncivilized to be suspicious because we are blacks,.......it was unfortunate.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Eben
"Satisfactory accommodations; awkward experience"
There wasn't any one thing about this hotel that would prevent me from staying again. That being said it was a very odd place and we won't be back. The rooms were extremely long and had plenty of space but almost too much for comfort. The bedroom was large enough to fit two king sized beds but only a ~28" TV. It was weird to watch this small screen from about 10 yards away. Similarly there was a 15 foot hallway that separated the kitchen/living room area from the bedroom and bathroom in the back. The kitchen was nicely stocked with quality cooking equipment but the sink was undersized. We found a hair on one of the pillows and another in the shower (both presumably from the cleaning staff). We could also hear water gurgling through pipes in the wall almost the entire time we were in the room. There was a musty smell to the room and despite there being no smoking signs everywhere it smelled as if this had been a smoking room years ago. The windows in the room did let in a decent amount of natural sunlight which was nice. The hotel's location was a nice perk being about a 5 min drive from downtown Indy and located along the northern part of the Cultural Trail. You wouldn't be able to walk to any destinations but there is a shuttle that would take you for $5 one-way. Overall it was a good value for the location but it was not a very comfortable stay.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice hotel, just noisy"
We stayed just one night and the room was great. We were on the first floor in a room close to the laundry and maintanence. Throughout the night, until at least 3 am there was constant doors banging closed every half minute. This is not an exaggeration as we timed it. Not sure if it was from guests or staff or both. There was a party outside our window as well that lasted until 3:15 am so sleeping was not an option. We would stay here again but request a room not on the first floor.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Close to downtown but not too close"
The overall hotel experience was nice, large room, big bed, great kitchen and bathroom. The entire hotel was nice and quiet throughout the day, you couldn't hear anything from the surrounding rooms.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Russell
"Excellent price for the amenities"
I am not sure the hotel staff was that nice. I did walk in see that their was a sign stating that no checkouts would occur until 3pm. I had arrived around 2pm. I did not question, went to the bathroom to change into my workout gear for a run. When I was leaving the bathroom, I saw that someone else was checking into the hotel. I walked in with full luggage and it was pretty clear that I read the sign about check-in. I was little upset. Moving forward, someone checked me in and I went to my room. The room was amazing. It felt like my home away from home. It had great amenities (free laundry, gym, functional kitchen, tools for cooking items, washer machine, etc.) I would recommend this hotel and steer clear of the staff. It is weird because I really enjoy those 1 on 1 interactions. But I will get over it for that price.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Overall good"
Like other reviews, the smell of the hotel was difficult to get over. We stayed on the 9th floor, which I understand was the smoking floor. It was pretty bad, and if anyone is sensitive to smell or has asthema, I would not recommend staying, or at least requesting a different floor. Otherwise, room was great, staff was pleasant, and no complaints. Shuttle service was a nice feature as well.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Ok stay for an evening"
I was needing to spend an evening in Indianapolis for business and I chose this hotel due to the location and price. It was a little unnerving with the location. It is very difficult to find because the GPS of the online address does not take you to the hotel. You must call hotel and ask for an alternate address to plug into your GPS to arrive properly. There is no breakfast so you much either go to the grocery beforehand or purchase something at the little store in the lobby and cook it in the room. The room was roomy and comfortable (king suite non smoking) but the bed was quite uncomfortable. The bathroom was large and it had everything needed. i.e. shampoo and soap. The kitchenette was fully stocked with plates, pans, pots, dishes, etc. That was a huge bonus if you were going to stay awhile and to save $ on groceries. Also there was a dish washer. That was very nice to have. Overall it was an OK stay. The area of hotel is not very good and that was a huge factor in this review.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
Marco
"Nice suite close to downtown"
Good apartment type suite with equipped kitchen and reliable and affordable shuttle service. Dog friendly.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
It was hard to control the room temperature, could use directions for temperature control. Friendly staff. Kitchen well supplied. Easy parking and easy access to downtown.
4 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Great Value for the Money"
This property, while not being right downtown, was only a 5 minute drive to the convention area, and well worth the money. The rooms were clean, and spacious, and provided most all the amenities I wanted after a long day walking the convention floor.
3 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
Bob Trewyn
"Nice suites, service issues"
We booked and paid for Candlewood Suites > 2 months in advance. The room was lovely, but there were service issues. Prior to trip, I e-mailed, regarding the possibility of earlier check-in. I understand hotels can't always accomodate - we needed at most an hour for an early wedding. As the event drew closer, no response, so I attempted to call the hotel. The phone rang and rang on all occassions with no answer. The day of the event, we arrive appx. 1 hour early. Upon attempting to check in, I was flatly told, "No rooms are available yet." Understandable, ok. I patiently explain I tried to contact you numerous times prior to this day unsuccessfully. Is it possible to give me a call on my cell phone if a room opens early? "No, we don't do that."Come again?You won't take my number down? "No." Is it possible to check w/ your cleaners to put in request to see if we can check in a bit earlier? "No, all the rooms are dirty." I finally gave up and went back to the car. We would have found another hotel had we not prepaid. When we got to our room, it was nice. Clean and spacious. Unfortunately, the thermostat was broken. Despite it being a cold winter day, the thermostat reflected AC at 67 degrees, but it was 86 degrees in the room! In our rush to get to the wedding, we didn't have time to address; by the time we came home, we passed out soundly, but the night became v. uncomfortable due to overwhelming heat.The thermostat never went below 86.We are 50/50 regarding a stay here again.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"Great value!"
Clean suite with 2 bedrooms, great price, less than 10 minutes to downtown.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Mike W
"great two bedroom suite!"
The size and amenities of the two bedroom suite were quite impressive! Plenty of room!
2 night trip Feb 19, 2014
Ryan
"Valentines Day to Remember"
I was VERY impressed with this room. Full size refrigerator was nice plus. Clean from top to bottom. Great views of downtown Indy as well. Don't let the low star rating fool you...this is definitely a 3 or 4 star room! Check it out!!!!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Adrien Small
"excellent place to stay in the Medical district"
More like an apartment than a hotel. Very comforting when traveling to Indy's Medical district. Super clean and excellent, friendly staff. Kinda pricey but that was the least of our concerns.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
Tim Green
"good for cooking and relaxing"
no pool,but if you want to relax and play a game or watch a movie before bed great hotel.Its nice that parking is included,its pricey to park downtown.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
munster
"Great!"
The hotel exceeded my expectations on all levels. Don't be afraid of the low star rating, this hotel has everything you will need and more.
5 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
Great value for the location
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"Clean and close to IU medical training center"
The hotel was easy to find and in a quiet location. Was only minutes from downtown and very close to the many hospitals in Indianapolis. Was great place to stay and was priced fairly.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"AFCA Convention"
The suite was fantastic and very spacious and accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay.
3 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
"Too Far away from Butler"
I had to get my account straightened out twice. I prepaid and they charged my card for four nights again anyway. Room was clean. Most of staff very nice but a couple were unfriendly. Hotel was not close to Butler to be a good base.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2014
"Wonderful Experience"
The room was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Shirley Mullen
"This is an Extended Stay"
This is an extended stay even though it isn't advertised as such. A standard room is really a one bedroom suite instead of a single room with double occupancy. They also do not have daily cleaning so you have to go to the front desk to swap or get clean towels. Overall its decent, but should advertise itself as an extended stay so guest can make informed decisions before booking.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2013
"Nice hotel, close to downtown and far enough away"
great room size, loved the set up with a mostly full functioning kitchen and great space for the price, would stay there again next time in Indy.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Tourist
"Good value; but can't be found!"
The suite was an excellent value. The staff weren't the most pleasant of individuals. They should alert customers that the hotel cannot be found using GPS. I drove around some industrial area in Indianapolis for about an hour..I used a Garmin and an I-pad, with Google Maps. Neither one was able to get me to the hotel. So, I called and someone who answered shared that GPS doesn't work and that I needed to use another address. That different address worked.
3 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Very friendly staff. Helped with any issues quickly and efficiently.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"Great suite"
We were wanting to stay downtown closer to the circle, but everything was booked. This hotel is only a $9 cab ride to circle center mall. The cabs took about 7-10 mins to arrive after calling the cab company. The suite was great like a 1BR appartment. It worked prefectly for our indy weekend get away. Free fresh coffee 24-7 was also nice.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Rob
"Great room for a great price!"
We were really happy with the room for the price. Just wish there was more options for breakfast foods at there pantry/store area.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
"Nice hotel, close to downtown, great value"
Enjoyed our stay, clean rooms with room to relax. Nice central location close to downtown and Indy Speedway. Great helpful staff.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Nice extended stay hotel"
Just what you need for an extended family stay and close enough to downtown, shopping etc.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Darbs
"great room and great price"
The fold out bed was quite uncomfortable, so don't plan on using that for a good night's sleep!
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Jody
"Relaxed weekend"
It was a nice stay. The staff was hospitable. The room was nice. I would inform my friends, to stay there.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Large and spacious suite."
I enjoyed the suite, and its condition. Bathroom very clean, and kitchen allows one to bring along their own choices of food, wine, coffee, etc.... Would definitely choose this location again whilst visiting our son at a local university.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Close to medical facilities"
Great staff and large rooms!
3 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Nice suite but terrible location and staff"
The suite was comfortable but the staff were u informative, unhelpful, and did not respond well to constructive criticism. When I complained about previous staff misinformation there was no attempt to reconcile my issues
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Tommaso
"business in indianapolis"
these rooms smelled like they used to be smoking rooms.but I got used to the smell after a little time. no free breakfast. I liked the big rooms. everything seemed to be clean and safe. I think the adjacent building is mostly college apartments.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
mark
"Huge room!"
The rooms are huge and the bed was comfortable. Full kitchen and living room also. The only thing missing was a complimentary breakfast.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
"Excellent for a big group and extended stay"
Good points- my room had two separate rooms with a living room with a sofa bed. The kitchen was fully furnished. Free parking and free internet. Shuttle to downtown (2 miles) and 5 dollars flat rate. No breakfast complimentary or paid. No restaurant on the property. The rooms are only cleaned once a week
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
huge suite, very comfortable bed! only stayed one night so we didn't take advantage of all the amenities. One negative... not close enough to downtown Indy
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Michele V
"Great location, but the hotel smells funny..."
We stayed at this hotel for two nights while in town for a race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway...In terms of location, this hotel cannot be beat as it is equidistant between the racetrack and downtown Indianapolis...You will want to have a car available as it is about a 2+ mile walk to either downtown or the racetrack and both trips require passing through some unsavory neighborhoods...There is a hotel shuttle, but they are not too keen on sending it anywhere other than the nearby hospitals...(Note: The hotel is within a short distance of several hospitals and seems to be geared toward people who are in town for medical treatment or to visit hospitalized relatives...If you are looking for a lively hotel with a bar, restaurant, pool, or opportunities to party, this is not the place for you...) Our main issue is that the whole hotel had a funny smell...If forced to describe it, I would call it combination of stale cigarette smoke and an overzealous effort to cover it up...So, even if you request a non-smoking room, you should not expect a fresh-smelling room...No, you cannot open the room windows to let in some fresh air...Also, the hotel is 12 stories tall and there are only two small elevators that are also used by the housekeeping staff, so you can expect a wait anytime that you need to come/go from your room...
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"AWESOME"
This is the 2nd time I have stayed and loved it.. Didnt want to leave. :-) I would recommend Candlewood to everyone. And I will be back.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
Lori
"Overall - pretty decent..."
I was disappointed that there was no continental breakfast offered. The front desk staff was polite, but not overly helpful. The room was very roomy & very comfortable & fairly priced... not an outstanding value, but fair. The neighborhood to the west is VERY suspect... I wouldn't drive back thru there.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, spacious, and out did my expectations. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"great value, close to downtown attractions"
Had a great stay, nothing wrong with the hotel or room. The staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions and the hotel is within a few miles of the zoo, the hospital, and downtown plus it was a great price compared with other hotels in the area.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Good overall. I just worry about the parking area since they occasionally have break-ins.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2013
"Close to downtown"
The suite was more than we expected! Many amenities that were very convenient and roomy! Pleasantly surprised when we arrived! Disappointed in pool availability. Easy to find from downtown.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013