All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
888 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Great amenities
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Ordinary pool
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Really nice hotel in SF"
The hotel in SF is like those in NYC, really overpriced usually, and sometimes the star-rating got degraded when you actually get inside your room (sometimes not so good, like the W). But this one has really good location and facility, also everything is roomy and comfortable. Nothing special, just so you know. It's not like a hotel with exquisite furnitures or lamps or chairs, but the general quality is a solid five star, well at least for SF.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Loved it!"
Absolutely GREAT! The hotel bar is fantastic. Great place. At $60.00 parking is expensive, but it is San Francisco
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Jackie
"Wifi should be complimentary to guests"
Wifi use isn't complimentary for hotel guests. Guests shouldn't have to pay $15/day to use the Internet.
1 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
"Hit or miss service, questionable charges"
1) The attitude from the staff was hit or miss! Some service staff were incredibly accommodating, friendly, and professional - others were the exact opposite. 2) Furthermore, there is a questionable charge of $254.51 for "Tax recovery and service fees" for our 2-night stay that is very confusing - it comprised nearly a third of our bill. This lack of explanation for the charge makes us hesitant to book through Hotels.com again in the future, as the charge showed on our credit card statement the night before we got to the hotel. Overall, we would not return here - not worth it.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Rozita
"Great place to stay for a Giants game."
This is a great place to stay and go to the Giants game. It is less than a mile from the At&t park. The staff are amazing and I highly recommend the breakfast buffet. Well worth the extra money.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
ROBIN
"Loved it!!!"
Usually we stay at Hyatt Embarcadero but we decided to try the Intercontinental. We loved it! The Hyatt has lost us a loyal fans. we will now stay here every time we are in SF.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Good facility and even better staff."
Good, friendly service at the Intercontinental. From the bellman to the house cleaning staff to the concierge, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is good for visiting the Moscone Center or Union Square but a little far away for the typical tourist attractions.
4 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Nice hotel, staff was very helpful and friendly,"
Nice hotel, not in the best part of town though. The staff was great.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
chris
"High price, not high comfort."
Stayed 2 nights here and overall, did not live up to other reviews. Our room was an upgrade, however the bed was very uncomfortable, and our room was next to the elevator which was super noisy. Along with that, the air was not working, so it became very warm. It is a very nice hotel with great views, it just wasn't worth the high cost.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Nice hotel in good location"
At first I was very excited about the hotel as the pictures online were really beautiful with all the glass and panoramic view. However, when we checked in to our hotel room, it was a little disappointing as our room hardly resembled any of the pictures I had seen online. Still it was nice.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
summer explorer
"Disappointed in San Francisco"
I was very disappointed by my experience at the Intercontinental San Francisco. I paid IN ADVANCE for a 3- night stay for a specific type of room with two double beds. Upon checking, I was informed that my reserved (and I reiterate PAID FOR) room was not available. They gave me some lame excuse, but bottom line I spent 3 days sleeping on a cot. For $500 per night, I expected better. I will add that Hotels.Com was completely un helpful in resolving this problem.
3 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
"Clean modern hotel."
Very nice rooms. Clean, recently renovated and spacious. Lovely city views from 22nd floor. Very quiet. Bed was super comfy and linens were clean. The bathroom was modern and spotless. We had two adjoining rooms. Maid service was excellent. Front desk staff was helpful and courteous. They accommodated a last minute request for an extra room on a overbooked summer weekend with aplomb. They also worked overtime to fix a billing snafu with Expedia. The gym was clean and large with a suitable range of treadmills, ellipticals and machines. The 6th floor pool was a bit small but there was a nice adjacent hot tub and a beautiful, large outdoor deck.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Hotel was great in general, but at this price, why still charge for internet? Already have to pay $50+ for parking in addition to tax for parking. Would be nice to not be charged for absolutely every little thing in a luxury hotel like this... especially in a tech community.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Great hotel, okay area"
The service was exceptional! I look forward to returning!
5 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Regla
"the place to stay in San Francisco"
great services. convenient location.
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Typical Business Hotel. No Surpise (Good or Bad)"
I stayed there for 3 nights. Everything was pretty much as expected, from comfort, cleaniness, to services. The bed was comfortable with plenty of decent pillows. Bathroom was clean and relatively new. However, there was no bathtub for a relaxing bath after a long day. As a whole, the hotel staff was professional and cordial. All in all, there is no "Wow" or "Very Nice" moment; at the same time, there is no "I am not coming back" moment neither.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
We stayed here for one night visiting San Francisco. Hotel was great. Room was clean. A little tiny. Good location for walking around. And a great price compared to others in the area.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Kelli
"Outstanding service, great room"
It was our engagement weekend, I shared this with Mika, at the front desk, and she did everything possible to make sure our stay was memorable! Awesome room, view and service!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Just an over night stop but very nice! We had a great view from our room and the staff was very kind and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Great stay, great location, but some cleanliness opportunities.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Trip"
NA
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Outstanding
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Anthony Paul
Everything are good except bed too small (Full size) at two bed room
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
HSINFAR FRED
"Stress Free"
I was in town overnight for a Spartan Race at AT&T Park... The Intercontinental was the perfect location. Great staff, love this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice quality hotel"
It was OK, too bad I couldn't fully enjoy my stay, because I've got there late and had to leave the next morning. When I was checking in, I even got an upgrade to a higher level with a better view. The room was clean, but small. What really impressed me was the good quality bedding. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to use a pretty good size pool, since it gets closed like at 10 pm
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Aleksandr
"NO BUENO!"
Corner of the room smelled like urine. Closet like smoke. And $50+ For parking overnight. NO BUENO!
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Miguel
"Excellent Hotel"
Hotel staff was awesome ... From valet to front desk! Hotel is in excellent condition! Stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and they upgraded us to a corner room with great views of the city! Plus a bottle of champagne in our room! Excellent service! Unforgettable stay! You will get your money's worth in this hotel. Area is great too, right next to Metreon and shopping.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Great stay, overall. Hotel parking fee is extremely high $65, per night. Also pretty far from the sites.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Sergio
"1ST class all the way"
not only was the hotel outstanding but the restaurant Luce was superb ! Every staff person was gracious and efficient. I am a fourth generation San Franciscan who will be staying a few days a week in "the city" til Oct. and this will be my new Home....be sure to sign up for the Ambassador program!
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Bernita
"Perfect stay"
We enjoyed this hotel very much. Service was excellent and it was very clean. We would go again.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Rafael
"Close to everything"
Great location, within walking distance of shopping, Chinatown
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
carl
Great hotel close enough to market to use public transit. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy and there isn't much to do until you get past market.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Walter
"Close to everything"
Great location to go shopping, see the trolley cars, catch the bus to Fishermans Wharf, and walk to near by restaurants. Amazing staff! Friendliest concierge I've encountered! Parking is pricey and the pool quite cold but overall great hotel and I'd stay here again!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Alex
"Nice hotel, great staff, near cable cars"
Staff is super attentive ( be prepared with tip money) Our tub broke and maintenance was there in what seemed like 5 min. Flat. I imagine they sprinted to our room. Parking is 60$ per night but if you park behind the hotel on 5th and mission only $34. Pool is way too small for family stays (lap pool) and was always crowded.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
kristin
"Exceptional hotel, worth every penny."
Great hotel worth the splurge. Near convention center and stores without being on the congested side of Market Street. Took the train from the airport for $8.95 the ride is about 40 minutes. Everyone from the concierge to the bellman gave great recommendations. When to walk versus taking a cab or directions to the train. Ate at Denny's or fruit from Target around the corner for breakfast, splurged on lunch and dinners. Brenda's Soul Food is worth the wait. Check the weather before you come. It is cold in the summer. Take the cable car at off hours the line is endless during the day. Sign up for Alcatraz before you come. The tour is wonderful if you are a history buff. Walk Golden Gate bridge before 9:00pm, the bridge closes at night and they have bad signage about this. Ghiradelli has a ice cream shop near Market street that does not have the same crowds as the one near the bridge. Took wine tour from hotel it is 20 degrees warmer outside the city. Research the wineries and find out what type of wine they give for tasting. I like sweet, but they seem to have a lot of dry white and red in Napa and Sonoma. Enjoy.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
April
"3 Stars at most"
I don't get how they think they can charge $500 dollars a night there although I didn't pay that, it disappoints on almost every level. First general things like tooth paste and tooth brushes were not supplied but we packed our own so no biggie. Second was cleanliness, not a great start when you find hair from down there all around the corner of the bathroom. Kinda imbarassed for the hotel at this point so I think I have given up on expecting the 4.5 reviews this hotel was getting. Third, the shower head that belongs in a motel 8 was in that shower. I know the restrictions on water consumption but both Moen and Delta make shower heads that compensate for lack of water pressure, invest in some please. The view was nothing special from my room on the 23 floor over looking the bay bridge but the the architects fault. The paper thin walls were not appreciated at all. First time to San Fransisco you get to pay for parking, just a heads up.And finally for the last negative the neighborhood. Right around the corner is basically a homeless mecca, if you feel uncomfortable around homeless people maybe San Fransisco isn't the place for you because it is bad but again out of their control. The pros are the blankets and pillows although I could still see stains that I hope were from foundation make up on the comforter, please let it foundation make up. But now I know you get what you pay for in The City.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Gregory
Amazing experience at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Great hotel
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
Hotel staff was very unkindly and locations is not good
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
CHUL HOON
"perfect hotel for business (& pleasure) traveling"
Of all the hotels in the area, this one gets high marks all around. Great staff, location, room, etc. I even got upgraded to a higher floor and was given free-wifi (joined their IHG program). THANK YOU. I would definitely recommend this hotel again. 2 minor things that I would like management to consider upgrading/modifying: 1. the TV channels are still in SD. Who watches SD anymore? 2. the door, while super secured, when being closed, would create a heavy 'thump' that reverberates to the surrounding rooms. I was awoken up by this loud noise throughout the mornings.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
linh
"Best Downtown Slumber Party for picky teens!"
Wonderful spacious rooms with huge windows!!! We had two corner rooms for our annual slumber party with our teenage kids and they were all delighted with their room, and the hotel's proximity to Yerba Buena and Union Square. Nice quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of union square, yet just a few safe blocks away. Across the street from Bloomingdales exiting from the back of the hotel entrance through the the valet, which you can cut through to get to Westfield shopping center!
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Johanna B
"Newer, upscale, conveniently located in the SF Bay"
The hotel itself was perfect, friendly staff, bellboy service was great. Close to Union square, shopping and other attractions which are located north & east of the hotel. However, the area sighly west of the hotel (half a block) is a drug/homeless hangout!!!
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
All was fine. With these prices a bit off putting to have to pay for wifi.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Dependable and classy hotel."
Great hotel. Convenient location. Fantastic service.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
Simone
"Nice place to stay"
Went her to have a weekend in the city with the family. Great place to stay location is great and close to many eating and shopping options. The indoor pool and spa was enjoyable even though the pool is a lap pool. All in all the place is great and the whole family enjoyed it.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Dustin
"Excellent location!"
Very close to great dining and an IMAX theater is right across the street.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"A Room With A View"
I booked a room at the intercontinental for my 60th Birthday celebration in San Francisco. We arrived early and were able to check in with the kindness of everyone at the hotel. My guest noticed a high number of security people and questioned what was going on. Turns out President Obama would be staying at the hotel that night. The hotel had left a letter in our room explaining what was going on and what they were doing to make our stay as comfortable as possible despite having to go through security check points and metal detectors. There was a perimeter set up a full block away from the entrance to the hotel. They ran golf carts back and forth to take guests in who couldn't or didn't want to walk. Every hotel employee thanked us for our patience and we appreciated all they were doing to less on inconvenience. Our room was immaculately clean, beautifully furnished and had a fantastic view of the bay. We were treated with respect, we felt to be valued customers and everything was perfect despite the limitations necessary during our stay.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
CJ
"Best place to stay."
Nice hotel. Nice employees
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Sam
"San Francisco"
Enjoyed it tremendously. Walking distance to everywhere! Unsightly trash abounds but most cities in America have that, and the homeless don't help, but don't hassle you much either.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
visiting
"Carpet smells, uncomfortable bed. 55.00 parking"
Outstanding service. But room was not clean, smelled like urine on carpet. Shower not working properly. Water pressure too low. Uncomfortable bed n sheets. Old carpet smell.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015