All hotels in Texas City, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2440 Gulf Fwy, Texas City, TX, 77591, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City
Dear Guest, a picture says more than 1000 words....thank you for the 5 stars. We thank you for staying with us and your fine comment and wish you the very best, hoping to see you again soon in Texas City.
2 night trip Jan 9, 2014
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City
Ericka, thank you for your feedback. 5 stars and null we take as a big compliment. Thank you for taking the time. Hope to see you soon again! In the meantime, all the best to you!
2 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2013
3 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Ved
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2012
2 night trip Aug 3, 2012
1 night trip Jun 28, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City

"Great Stay for a Family Wedding"
06/17/15 JanetteAF Saint Augustine, Florida
My family of four had a wonderful time at a family wedding in Texas and our stay here was part of the reason. The rooms and pool were huge. Everything was clean and it was very convenient to restaurants and to our venues for the wedding. The people were lovely. We would highly recommend to any traveler.
"Great Experience"
06/04/15 SnS8695 Dallas, Texas
My significant other and I planned on going to the beach and decided to stay at this location. Great location, not far from the beach. Great restaurants near by. Upon arrival they upgraded us to a suite. We really enjoyed ourselves.
"Business trip, close to Galveston, not too close to the highway"
11/09/14 KandyKane056 Houston, TX
I was travelling for business and this hotel has a great location. It is off I-45 and it is easy to find. I wanted a safe location, specially for me, a woman traveling solo. The hotel looks brand new and the king size room that I had, was enormous, including the bathroom.The room has a closet with room to keep your suitcases and hang your clothes. Next to it, there is a microwave with a coffee machine, a sink and a mini-fridge. The bathroom was a standing shower with great water pressure and it was huge, even the sink and the vanities. On the bedroom, you have also a desk if you need to do some work. Best of all, both wi-fi and breakfast were free. My room was above the entrance of the lobby, so I could see the highway, but didn't find it noisy. At night I slept really good. The only thing was turning up the heater, it smelled burned so I turned it off. Other than that no complaints. The breakfast had a spread of hot and cold items: pastries, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausages and pancakes. Also, coffee and juice. It was pretty nice and the food was warm and I saw an employee kept checking on it and refilling. I saw the pool by the window and it look really clean and the area around it was clean and tidy as well.
"Was Charged for a Room I Never Occupied"
11/02/14 ernest g Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Upon arrival and check-in (mid-afternoon on a Friday) and going to my assigned room, I found it filled with a very strong odor (as if someone had been cooking pork or fish). I requested and was quickly assigned a new room. I thought everything was now fine. HOWEVER, upon reaching the newly assigned room, I noticed that it had no bathtub. Because I have a medical condition (that requires me to soak a tendon that was surgically repaired a few years ago),I returned to the front desk to explain the problem. The desk clerk (Jacob) informed me that ONLY TWO ROOMS in the ENTIRE hotel have bathtubs, and that neither was available. So for me, staying at this hotel was no longer an option. HOWEVER, the desk clerk said that if I chose to leave and stay elsewhere, I would still be charged for TWO NIGHTS because I had made my reservation in advance and it was "non-cancellable” (even though my luggage never left the luggage cart and even though I never stepped more than 3 feet into the room). I tried to explain that the issue had nothing to do with the advance reservation, and was based solely on his inability to provide me with a room that met my needs. It soon became apparent that my explanation was falling on deaf ears. I then asked to speak to the manager. The desk clerk said she (Tracy) had left for the day and he refused to call her, telling me that she does not accept calls after her working hours. I wrote a note to Tracy, left it with the desk clerk, handed in my room key and set out to find a hotel with bathtubs. Finding such a hotel was quite easy -- every hotel I called in the area is apparently furnished with tubs. I found another hotel (Holiday Inn Express) about 15 miles away with pleasant staff -- and bathtubs. When I explained why I was asking about tubs, these folks seemed to be as amazed at the story (two bathtubs in the entire hotel) as I was. On the following Monday I spoke by phone with manager (Tracy) when she returned to work. She confirmed that she never accepts calls from staff or from hotel guests after she leaves work. She told me she had the authority to refund my room charges, but refused to do so because it would "overrule the non-cancellation policy.” She could not seem to understand that my issue had nothing to do with the room reservation, and everything to do with a bona fide need for a common amenity/furnishing that is typically found in hotel rooms. She did understand that the Holiday Inn reservation website mentions nothing about rooms at this hotel not having bathtubs. None of this seemed to matter to Tracy. So I sent then an email to the property/franchise owner (Raschle), but never received a reply. After several days with no response from the franchise owner, I filed a report with my credit card company to dispute-the-charges. I would strongly recommend that people beware of this hotel.
"Good place for your money"
10/02/14 emily h austin
Let's start off with this was my first stay at a Holiday Inn. I have worked with high end hotel brands in the past and my expectations and standards are pretty high for hotels. To say the least this was a great surprise and terrific value for my one night stay. When you walk in it smells so clean and the front desk staff is super friendly. Great location and easy to find. Close by a Walmart and this is a plus when traveling with kids. The room was a great size too, two standard beds and sofa. The bedding was very clean and so was the shower. I would say that the breakfast was great but they ran out of coffee very fast, and took a long time to refill it. I would warn you to check the towels because I found one that was not cleaned, makeup all over it, just folded back up and new towel on top....
"Very uncomfortable beds and unhelpful staff"
07/30/14 b0ssh0gg Bella Vista, Arkansas
I usually stay at Hilton properties but my wife, son, and myself stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Texas City for a wedding this past weekend and it was a huge disappointment! I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express locations before and they are generally pretty decent however my wife and I both had severe back pain after the first night and it was worse after the second night. The free wifi that we were supposed to have would not work in our room at all. The only place we could get wifi was on the ground floor! I usually do not have any problem with getting hotel staff to allow late checkout if needed but in this case we needed to stay a few hours after normal checkout before leaving for a family event but I could not even get the request out of my mouth before I was cut off with a curt "That is not possible! We are completely booked and we need you to be out at noon!" I understand that the hotel was full but they cannot possibly clean all of the rooms at the same time so what difference does it make? At Hilton hotels I am guaranteed late checkout due to my membership privileges no questions asked- ever! I am also a member of IHG rewards but no such consideration was given. We also had to ask for the hotel pool to be unlocked because the gate was still locked over 30 minutes after the pool was supposed to be open. The pool towels that we had to ask for at the front desk were inconsistent. One day we were given hand towels that were not even big enough to wrap around your body and were very thin, but the next day they were better. Another group of our family was also staying at the hotel and had specifically requested a "suite with a pull out sofa" because they had 2 teens with them. They have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express & Suites and the suites have always had a hide-a-bed in the couch. Not this hotel! Because you cannot actually book a room at the hotel by phone, the national reservation operator did not know that this hotel did not have hide-a-beds in any rooms but booked the room for them anyway. Because the hotel was full, my in laws had to leave the hotel a day early to find a hotel that could accommodate them in a single room. I expected this hotel to be much better. It looks very new and has a lot of potential but the bed was terrible and the customer service is nowhere on the level that it needs to be for the prices charged. The Hilton hotel we stayed at the last night we were in town was far superior for just a few dollars more. Lesson learned!
"Nice Trip"
07/28/14 Glen J Grapevine, Texas
We were looking for a hotel for our trip to Galveston and this hotel was only 15 minutes away. The hotel and staff were both very nice. Plenty of parking and we got to the hotel really late. The check in was very easy. They had everything printed and ready with the key programmed when we arrived. Less than five minute check in process. The room was clean and nice. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. The bed was firm, but comfortable. Air conditioner worked well in our room. There was only a shower in the bathroom, no tub, which was fine for me. Free breakfast was very good. Check out was also easy. We saw a nice fitness center and pool. The hotel had vending machines and they also sold a few items at the front desk. There was a Jack In The Box, fast food place across the parking lot. There was a mall across the street. There were several other food options at the exit a few minutes away. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
"Over priced"
07/28/14 903Mom
no major complaints. Room was just average, shower only no tub. Breakfast was good, breakfast area is small most families had to move tables around to accommodate them. Address of hotel does pick up on GPS.
"The front desk is rude!!!!!"
07/19/14 Yuka F
If breakfast is served until 10am, there should be breakfast available. When I told the front desk that the pancakes were out, she wouldn't refill it. I tild her they were out 10 minutes ago, she yelled at me and said, "well did you come tell me they were out?" I am a guest, I didn't know I had to tell them to do their low paying job. She said it was too late and they already filled it 3 times and that was it. Mind you, this is a Saturday and a lot of people tried to get pancakes. My kids were crying and she had an attitude and yelled at me. I asked for the manager who was gone at 9:30am??? Seriously?? Horrible service. Who yells at their guests? So make sure you remind them to check the breakfast every 20 min. Good God.
"Clean Hotel with a Few Problems"
06/30/14 South4Scuba Houston, Texas
This hotel is fairly new and is very clean. The king leisure suite was large and nice. The price we had to pay was WAY TOO HIGH for this quality hotel. However, the hotel has a humidity problem. You have to keep the rooms very cold to dehumidify and then when you take a hot shower the room gets very damp and the floor gets slippery. Also, there is not enough parking for a hotel this size. The lot is laid out weird and there just aren't enough spaces when full.