All hotels in Bergen, Norway

Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"It was an okay stay..."
It wasn't the most modern or cleanest hotel, but it was okay for my one night stay in Bergen. The bathroom/room size were adequate; it needs a bit of updating. The big downer is that wifi only works on ONE device...which was a problem because I had brought my laptop to do some work, but I already had connected my phone to the wifi, so I wasn't able to use the wifi on my laptop.
Response by P-Hotels Bergen
Dear Caroline.. thank you for writing. Next time ask for more codes ..we do have a lot :)
1 night trip Nov 12, 2015
Caroline
"Good location, not so great hotel"
The hotel is situated in good location, walking distance to Bryggen. breakfast is a ham sandwich with a water down juice no selection. the shower does not drain and entire room floods in a less than 2 min, heater does not work, dust all over room
Response by P-Hotels Bergen
Thank you for writing. We will talk to the staff about this
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Ricardo
One old person at the counter was not friendly.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2015
"Close to attractions but skip their breakfast"
The room was clean and comfortable and the location was great -- close to city center and the sights we came to see. We had a view of the courtyard from our window, and it was strange to see garbage and clutter all over the courtyard. They were doing some renovations in the lobby, but it was not disruptive to our stay. The breakfast provided to our door was the same every day and was not very good. I hope their renovations include providing for a nicer breakfast option, like a buffet. The shower was problematic -- created a lake over the entire bathroom floor. The wi-fi was pretty good.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Christine
"Too noisy and terrible wi-fi."
The hotel location is super nice, but with a terrble downside to it: there are both, one open air restaurant and a club below the hotel floors. They were crowded all nights and young people stay outside up until about 3 am. You may need good earplugs, even on the top gloor. And good thing for me is that I had windows closed, but I cannot imagine in the summer. I had to change rooms in order to get a slightly better wi-fi, but it was still one of the worst I have ever experienced. I should have mentioned something else above: there are also two other clubs with music in front of the hotel on the other side of the hotel. ... but the location was great ...
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Fernando
"Cheap. Terrible wi-fi svc. Noisy street at night"
Better than a hostel. Safe and clean. Maybe a good cheap stay in a very beautiful city. Absolutely great location! Bad noise late at night from the street. 3 am of a Thursday night. Need very good ear plugs; I use Macks's. The worst wi-fi service ever. Only 3 cable channels work in one room; 5 channels work in another room. Shower stall wets most of the restroom.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Fernando
"If you can't sleep, take shower with hot water?"
I'm afraid to leave a review on this hotel as I usually like to write nice comment. However not only if I can't sleep at late night but also take a shower with hot water in the cold morning..... What can I expect from a hotel...? It was okay when we arrived this hotel first as this hotel is in the city center of Bergen. So it was easy to find and access to sight seeings. But the problem uncovered after sunset. There was a lousy bar or pub on the first floor so the people kept smoking and yelling watching sports game on TV, which continued in the middle of night. More over there were ignorant people throwing a lousy party next our room(our room was a small and cozy one double bed room and I assume the next room as well) . There were more that 8 drunken young guys and girls. So you can expect what they were like. At last I down to the reception and asked a staff to help us after am12. Even though finally they over the party, other parties started and continued until am4 outside. So we could not sleep well at all. So we were so happy next morning as we can leave this hotel! However, when we tried to take shower, hot water didn't come out. So we could not take shower before the long trip of Sognefjord. If you like to join a party and you are crazy about sports game drinking beers I really recommend this hotel without any hesitation. Otherwise.....? Better to find other.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
"Clean, innexpensive & central hotel; budget, not R"
This isn't the Plaza; the hotel is at the edge of the student quarter (while still close to the harbor) and both buildings have bars, though the further one is more quiet. If you need a quiet room, be sure to ask in advance. Rooms were of good size, and though I have seen many complaints about the breakfast (a ham and cheese sandwich on wheat bread and a Tang- like orange drink delivered and hung on your doorknob) the fact reamins that this is a not untypical European breakfast, and the sandwiches my family and I got were fresh and of good, if budget, quality. The wifi was unreliable, and the front desk was uninsterested in fixing it; "I am not technical" was one desk worker's reply. There are two computers in the main hotel lobby, but for those American travelers without functioning cell phones (we did not buy the special chip we would need for reception) it was an annoyng inconvenience. Shower stalls leaked a bit and I ended up using my floor mat as a floor mop, but everything was clean and comfortable enough, if a little shabby and loud. This was by far the least expensive hotel for staying in-town, and the least expnsive of all our hotels in Oslo & Trondheim; just remember you get what you pay for.
3 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
Erika
"Very good hotel that is centrally located"
A very good hotel, and very courteous staff. Thanks much!
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Great for a family. We are a family of 5 and we had room 408 which was HUGE. There were 2 rooms and 6 beds -- it was a great space for a family. The hotel's location was perfect. Easy walking distance to everything.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Marni
"Rude personel"
The stay was ok untill I asked the girl (I will not call her lady) in the reception where I can find the coffee. This was in the morning August 13.2015. The answer from the reception was the most rude I ever met in a hotel: "If you can read you can see that we are selling coffee at the front desk" I will never stay at P-Hotel anymore.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Arnfinn Magne
"NOISY"
I had asked for a quiet room and a room in another building that has no one or sign to guide to the room. It was still very noisy from college students yelling on the street and partying all around the building even after 12am. Room was located on 5th floor but elevator goes upto 4th floor with no sign anywhere to guide. You go through exit door and walk up stairs. BREAKFAST was worthless with A bottle of orange flavored drink and a tasteless sandwich left in a bag on the door knob.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Cheap for Bergen"
The hotel is well located, and was inexpensive for Bergen (though not cheap). Unfortunately it was in rough shape and the bar downstairs was shockingly loud until 2 am on Sunday night and we were 5 floors up. The staff was kind, and the rooms were clean (though common areas were not). In spite of the low price, I'd not stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
mgf
"The 5th floor is terrible"
We stayed here once before and got a decent room in the "main building". The second time around, we got a room in the "other building" and there was no wifi and the shared bathroom upstairs was dirty and shared by 5 rooms. Not the most comfortable or quiet room.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Good location in a great city"
Clean, super location close to restaurants and center of city. Easy to walk to train station. Clean. Small breakfast comes with room.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Not miserable but not memorable"
Arrived late and left early so only short observations. Was provided a room in the attic level of a building separate from the main lobby. Required elevator to 4th floor, carry luggage up winding staircase. Shared bath/shower with about five other rooms. Hot water. Room large, bed big and comfortable. Side door leads outside to balconies for multiple rooms so potential security issue. Unremarkable breakfast (sandwich, juice) hung on doorknob. Lobby has helpful staff, Internet computers, coffee machine purchase. Location is ideal for short walk to harbor and sights. Cafes, fast food, pubs nearby. No major concerns but for the price, would have expected a bit more. From train/bus station: Walk completely through the large park that has a pond until you reach a wide open pedestrian mall area. Turn left towards the huge church on a high hill. Hotel is at bottom of the hill.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
wifi was only in the hallway, what is up with the split double beds? and there was no lobby in our building. But otherwise everything was amazing
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Not much for your money."
This is a no frills hotel which is OK for an overnight stay. The breakfast consisting of a cheese sandwich and an indescribable juice was horrible. The noisy pub did not bother me, but be warned. I rate it 2.5/5.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2015
DEWAYNE
"Decent hotel but very loud every day of the week"
The people were very friendly, facilities were good, rooms small but nice. However, the pub was very loud every night we stayed there, and our room was on the top floor. I felt very sorry for the people on lower floors. The lunch given (they give bags of lunch instead of breakfast) was not good.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Sleepless in Bergen?"
Noisy room above a bar.. Check in was easy, but staff was not the friendliest. OK for the money I spent and located near a lot of things, but far enough away from the train..15 min walk, not bad.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Georgia
"Low price and low service"
Good for hungry travelers. Good location with low price. That's it. There is a pub on the ground, might noisy
Other trip May 19, 2015
rae
"mature couple"
Bbreakfast was a sandwich in a bag with a juice. FYI plan on getting your own Great location
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Fine hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Bad breakfast
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Split opinions"
The hotel is weird, and not always in a good way. The hotel is divided over two buildings, which makes the check-in process a bit complicated. Especially if the room key doesn't work and you need to go back and have the key fixed. The area I stayed in felt more like a dormitory, where other guest would dry their clothes in the corridor, leave their doors open and play music. The second location shares an entrance with a pub, which, if you are an older white male who likes a drink, is perfect. If not, maybe not so charming. Elevator doesn't reach the top floor either, so it is quite a trek to get to the top and I found two other guest lost in the hotel. Good thing we could work out the lay-out of the hotel together.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Geir
"good location"
Room very clean and location very good; hotel staff put us in room specifically not wanted; seemed miffed when change requested; hotel obviously in midst of remodeling and updating
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Marjorie O'C
"2 Nights in Bergen"
My friends and I were booked for a three-person room, but the hotel was booked to capacity so were put in a two-person room with a cot. The room wasn't prepared when we arrived in the late evening, but the staff was very accommodating and made sure the preparations were done immediately. Nonetheless, the space, which is not intended for three bodies, was uncomfortable and crowded. The neighborhood was very accessible. The hotel is along one of the main quarters of Bergen adjacent to the main shopping district and not far from the wharf or the cultural center. There is a grocery store directly across the street and the hotel has coffee and tea in the lobby for any caffeine addicts like myself. Bergen is generally pretty sleepy, except for Saturday nights when it appears to be "college night" and the bar nextdoor becomes a night club that shakes the building until 3am. This didn't bother three girls from nyc very much, but could be a distraction for other travelers. Overall not a bad stay and one of the more affordable places in Bergen.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Convenient location. It is OK for an over night stay. Simple breakfast delivered to the room in picnic bag. Complementary coffee at lobby was good. This time, room was facing street and noisy due to pub below and bath room was old. We know Norway is very expensive country so accepted all as OK.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
IY
"Holiday"
Good location. Simple but meet purpose. Better than comments I read, perhaps due to slow season? Complementary good coffee at lobby always. Good value compared to other expensive hotels because visitors should expect that Norway is expensive country as prices of meals and drinks are more than double of America.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
IY
"Plan ahead and it will be a decent stay"
I was somewhat hesitant to book this hotel based on several poor reviews I had read, with the most common problem being the loudness from the bar restaurant below. So as people suggested, upon checking into the hotel, I simply asked to be placed in a room on the quiet side of the hotel. Voila! No problems. I stayed 4 nights, and the only night I could really hear the noise from the street was Saturday. Big surprise. And from what I heard by talking to other travelers staying in Bergen, most of the rest of the city is like that! Bergen really has a lot of nightlife. So I brought a pair of earplugs with me and used them Saturday night - no noise got through. Perfectly fine. Hot water, comfortable bed, everything worked fine, no nasty smell in the hallway (3rd floor). Bare in mind I was staying in a single room. Found the hotel staff to be polite and accommodating. They had no problem storing baggage for me on my last day. The only thing I really didn't like is the view from the room, which was basically a rubbish area for the other businesses next to the hotel, but who cares! I spent most of the time out of the hotel anyway. The breakfast they leave on the door was pretty bad though - the apple juice was ok but after the first day I threw out the sandwiches and pears. So that's about it! Just plan ahead for the noise and you shouldn't have any trouble. More money to spend on the city than an expensive hotel somewhere else.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Sean
"This isn't the hotel..."
So we check in at 9pm in the rain and first off this is not the hotel. It's a sketchy green P-Hotels sign in front of a bar. After checking in we are directed to another building called Bergen Travel Hotel on top of a very loud bar. They're in the middle of a fire alarm going off and then I enter what appears to be an entrance to the bar with a rickety elevator reeking of vodka cranberry going to the rooms. The room itself was small, seemed clean enough but it was a hostel and not a hotel. There was no fitted sheet, just a sheet over the mattress. The bathroom had generic airplane soap and the shower leaked everywhere, the blowdryer didn't work and the wifi didn't work. The "breakfast" was a bag of sandwiches and unripe pears hung on our door in the morning. In addition, the poor woman who checked us in at 9pm was still working when we left at 11am.
Response by P-Hotels Bergen
Dear Anon. I am sorry for this. We could have changed Your room of course. The staff are working normal hours in this hotel.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Anon
The hotel room is fine, but don't ever get the shared bathroom room on the 5th floor. Not only you need to share the bathroom with other people, but the bathroom stinks really bad. The 5th floor is an attic and it looks old.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Very noisy neighborhood till 3 am. Pubs and bars around. Could not sleep peacefully.
2 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
"Relatively cheap, but not valuable for the cost"
Slanted floor gave me a feel like in a ship. Just one employee worked, and it made the wating line long. Small room, very noisy enviornment, and no thin curtain. I do not understand why many use this hotel.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"False advertisement..."
Unfortunately we had a terrible experience with this hotel.. I believed they overbooked their hotel.. They placed us in different building on the top of a PUB?? Very noise.. Also, one VERY small room with only one tiny window which I could smell every cigarret smoked ion the pub bellow us.. I was really disappointed with this location. I highly recommend you to book another hotel in Bergen but NEVER this one. I usually do not write reviews.. But I don't want another family having the same situation I went through.. Choose another hotel.. You will be better off.. You will be paying a "lot of money"for terrible experience.. Does not worth it!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Susi
"Bergenquickvisit"
Hotel was ok for short visit when you don't expect to spend much time in hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Nice hotel within walking distance to everything."
We enjoyed our stay. Nice room, larger than most of the others during our Baltic trip. Adequate bath facilities.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Joan
"Great location, but loud disco music until 3am"
This hotel is located above a pub and a very loud disco. We were on the first floor and the techno music from the club woke us up at midnight on Saturday, it was so loud that one could literally feel the bass rocking the room. On Sunday night it was karaoke, and while it wasn't so disruptive, it was still loud enough to wake me occasionally. That being said, the location is perfect, walking distance from the Bryggen old town, fish market, university, main bus station, etc. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was fine although the water for the showers didn't stay hot for long. The inclusive breakfast is a sandwich w/ fruit and juice, not fancy but decent. The hotel also has free wi-fi which worked fine, and the TV had a couple of English channels. I'm summary, the price and location were great, but I don't need to hear the bass drop at midnight during my vacation.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
LH
"Cheap but with a price"
While the staff was nice and the room was adequate, this hotel, like many of the hotels in this part of Bergen, was really loud. If you like bad, loud contemporary European dance music, this place is for you. In July, our room was fairly warm without air conditioning but we could not open the windows to cool down due to the outside noise. On the upside, the staff was accommodating and the location excellent. But with the price comes the noise tradeoff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Dennis
There is no air conditioning and the window only opened 6 inches. We had 5 in our room and it was unbearably hot in July. We were not comfortable there. Also, the internet did not exist in the rooms, and in the lobby it was not secure and a very weak signal. I will say, the location was very good and the room was clean.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Naomi
""Run, Forrest, run!"....far away!"
We reserved this hotel 6 months before our arrival, with no prior warning that it was undergoing renovation, and no courtesy notification prior to our arrival which would have given us plenty of time to find another hotel. They alternately put us in a hotel room over the pub across the street...room was unbearably hot, no AC, no fan. No one would assist us in any way....nor would the folks at Expedia from whom we booked. This was a raw deal! I plan to notify Rick Steves to discourage use of this hotel, and we will NEVER book with Expedia again!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Patti
"Nice hotel in the city center"
I was not sure about the distances to major tourist attractions such as cablecar, Bryggen, Old Tower/Castle and Railway station. However, all of these were within 15 minutes' walk at most.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Hiro
Works, simple concept
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
I am not typically overly critical of hotels, and usually just need a room to get a shower and lay my head. Overall: 2 - b/c location & neighborhood Service: 1 - Shockingly bad. I've gotten used to a lower level of customer service living and traveling Europe, but this took the cake. When asked about the lack of a crib in the room (indicated on the booking & confirmation), the attendee at arrival simply replied "What do you want me to do about it?" Then proceeded to give us a room not accessible by lift (may or may not have been intentional). 2nd strike occurred when no hot water resulted in little to no effort to accommodate for our inconvenience. Condition: 1 - unfortunately, no hot water on night one. Otherwise this would be a 3/4. Construction on the exterior shows they are at least investing in the property. Cleanliness: 2 - would be higher, but the throw on the foot of the bed looked like it may have seen its share of use...... (use your imagination). Rooms: 2 - the room itself was fine, actually good. However, the bathroom must be included here. The shower actually washed away from the drain, filling the whole restroom, making entering like walking through a lake. Location: 4 - it is very close to the city center (but not in it). A pretty good hike to the parking, but honestly, this was the line bright spot of the stay. Neighborhood: 3 - some may rank this lower as there is quite a bit of noise from the bars (in the hotel and side streets), but I was there on vacation, so it was manageable. However, I would not recommend for business if you're needing your sleep.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Buck
"mostly plusses, some minuses"
Plusses - location,very clean, price. Rooms are a bit small, but fine. Minuses - big issue is the noise, breakfast is almost worthless. We had to eat elsewhere. If you need quiet, ask for a room at the quieter side of the hotel. There's a disco at one end of the building and you can hear them through the floor for many floors. Good location, 5 - 10 min walk to central station, airport bus 2 blocks away.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Put us across the street with a bar and sports room below the room. Loud all night. No air conditioning so had to keep window open. Wifi did not connect except in lobby.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Ok hotel inn the senter of Bergen for a nice price. Easy to find and parking near by
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Very central loacation but noisy"
Perfect loacation for strolling Bergen. All attractions are in walking distance. But if people are sensitive to noises it's not the right place to stay because you can hear loud drunk people and music in the street until early morning. I guess more in the weekend.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Ed
"Surprise with breakfast provided"
The breakfast is not served in breakfast area but provided with a bag consist of a sandwich,an apple and an apple juice hang on door knob each morning. Great idea to save time and convenient.
Other trip May 23, 2014
After reading some reviews we were a bit apprehensive, we found the room clean and adequate, lucky to get a room at the back so no noise problems from the street bar. Breakfast in a bag was good as we were catching an early ferry
Other trip May 19, 2014