All hotels in Bergen, Norway
Vestre Torggate 9, Bergen, 5015, Norway, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
Great for a family. We are a family of 5 and we had room 408 which was HUGE. There were 2 rooms and 6 beds -- it was a great space for a family. The hotel's location was perfect. Easy walking distance to everything.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Marni
"Rude personel"
The stay was ok untill I asked the girl (I will not call her lady) in the reception where I can find the coffee. This was in the morning August 13.2015. The answer from the reception was the most rude I ever met in a hotel: "If you can read you can see that we are selling coffee at the front desk" I will never stay at P-Hotel anymore.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Arnfinn Magne
"Not miserable but not memorable"
Arrived late and left early so only short observations. Was provided a room in the attic level of a building separate from the main lobby. Required elevator to 4th floor, carry luggage up winding staircase. Shared bath/shower with about five other rooms. Hot water. Room large, bed big and comfortable. Side door leads outside to balconies for multiple rooms so potential security issue. Unremarkable breakfast (sandwich, juice) hung on doorknob. Lobby has helpful staff, Internet computers, coffee machine purchase. Location is ideal for short walk to harbor and sights. Cafes, fast food, pubs nearby. No major concerns but for the price, would have expected a bit more. From train/bus station: Walk completely through the large park that has a pond until you reach a wide open pedestrian mall area. Turn left towards the huge church on a high hill. Hotel is at bottom of the hill.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
wifi was only in the hallway, what is up with the split double beds? and there was no lobby in our building. But otherwise everything was amazing
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Not much for your money."
This is a no frills hotel which is OK for an overnight stay. The breakfast consisting of a cheese sandwich and an indescribable juice was horrible. The noisy pub did not bother me, but be warned. I rate it 2.5/5.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2015
DEWAYNE
"Low price and low service"
Good for hungry travelers. Good location with low price. That's it. There is a pub on the ground, might noisy
Other trip May 19, 2015
rae
"mature couple"
Bbreakfast was a sandwich in a bag with a juice. FYI plan on getting your own Great location
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Fine hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Bad breakfast
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Split opinions"
The hotel is weird, and not always in a good way. The hotel is divided over two buildings, which makes the check-in process a bit complicated. Especially if the room key doesn't work and you need to go back and have the key fixed. The area I stayed in felt more like a dormitory, where other guest would dry their clothes in the corridor, leave their doors open and play music. The second location shares an entrance with a pub, which, if you are an older white male who likes a drink, is perfect. If not, maybe not so charming. Elevator doesn't reach the top floor either, so it is quite a trek to get to the top and I found two other guest lost in the hotel. Good thing we could work out the lay-out of the hotel together.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Geir
"good location"
Room very clean and location very good; hotel staff put us in room specifically not wanted; seemed miffed when change requested; hotel obviously in midst of remodeling and updating
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Marjorie O'C
"2 Nights in Bergen"
My friends and I were booked for a three-person room, but the hotel was booked to capacity so were put in a two-person room with a cot. The room wasn't prepared when we arrived in the late evening, but the staff was very accommodating and made sure the preparations were done immediately. Nonetheless, the space, which is not intended for three bodies, was uncomfortable and crowded. The neighborhood was very accessible. The hotel is along one of the main quarters of Bergen adjacent to the main shopping district and not far from the wharf or the cultural center. There is a grocery store directly across the street and the hotel has coffee and tea in the lobby for any caffeine addicts like myself. Bergen is generally pretty sleepy, except for Saturday nights when it appears to be "college night" and the bar nextdoor becomes a night club that shakes the building until 3am. This didn't bother three girls from nyc very much, but could be a distraction for other travelers. Overall not a bad stay and one of the more affordable places in Bergen.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Convenient location. It is OK for an over night stay. Simple breakfast delivered to the room in picnic bag. Complementary coffee at lobby was good. This time, room was facing street and noisy due to pub below and bath room was old. We know Norway is very expensive country so accepted all as OK.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
IY
"Plan ahead and it will be a decent stay"
I was somewhat hesitant to book this hotel based on several poor reviews I had read, with the most common problem being the loudness from the bar restaurant below. So as people suggested, upon checking into the hotel, I simply asked to be placed in a room on the quiet side of the hotel. Voila! No problems. I stayed 4 nights, and the only night I could really hear the noise from the street was Saturday. Big surprise. And from what I heard by talking to other travelers staying in Bergen, most of the rest of the city is like that! Bergen really has a lot of nightlife. So I brought a pair of earplugs with me and used them Saturday night - no noise got through. Perfectly fine. Hot water, comfortable bed, everything worked fine, no nasty smell in the hallway (3rd floor). Bare in mind I was staying in a single room. Found the hotel staff to be polite and accommodating. They had no problem storing baggage for me on my last day. The only thing I really didn't like is the view from the room, which was basically a rubbish area for the other businesses next to the hotel, but who cares! I spent most of the time out of the hotel anyway. The breakfast they leave on the door was pretty bad though - the apple juice was ok but after the first day I threw out the sandwiches and pears. So that's about it! Just plan ahead for the noise and you shouldn't have any trouble. More money to spend on the city than an expensive hotel somewhere else.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Sean
"This isn't the hotel..."
So we check in at 9pm in the rain and first off this is not the hotel. It's a sketchy green P-Hotels sign in front of a bar. After checking in we are directed to another building called Bergen Travel Hotel on top of a very loud bar. They're in the middle of a fire alarm going off and then I enter what appears to be an entrance to the bar with a rickety elevator reeking of vodka cranberry going to the rooms. The room itself was small, seemed clean enough but it was a hostel and not a hotel. There was no fitted sheet, just a sheet over the mattress. The bathroom had generic airplane soap and the shower leaked everywhere, the blowdryer didn't work and the wifi didn't work. The "breakfast" was a bag of sandwiches and unripe pears hung on our door in the morning. In addition, the poor woman who checked us in at 9pm was still working when we left at 11am.
Response by P-Hotels Bergen
Dear Anon. I am sorry for this. We could have changed Your room of course. The staff are working normal hours in this hotel.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Anon
The hotel room is fine, but don't ever get the shared bathroom room on the 5th floor. Not only you need to share the bathroom with other people, but the bathroom stinks really bad. The 5th floor is an attic and it looks old.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Very noisy neighborhood till 3 am. Pubs and bars around. Could not sleep peacefully.
2 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
"Relatively cheap, but not valuable for the cost"
Slanted floor gave me a feel like in a ship. Just one employee worked, and it made the wating line long. Small room, very noisy enviornment, and no thin curtain. I do not understand why many use this hotel.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"False advertisement..."
Unfortunately we had a terrible experience with this hotel.. I believed they overbooked their hotel.. They placed us in different building on the top of a PUB?? Very noise.. Also, one VERY small room with only one tiny window which I could smell every cigarret smoked ion the pub bellow us.. I was really disappointed with this location. I highly recommend you to book another hotel in Bergen but NEVER this one. I usually do not write reviews.. But I don't want another family having the same situation I went through.. Choose another hotel.. You will be better off.. You will be paying a "lot of money"for terrible experience.. Does not worth it!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Susi
"Bergenquickvisit"
Hotel was ok for short visit when you don't expect to spend much time in hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Nice hotel within walking distance to everything."
We enjoyed our stay. Nice room, larger than most of the others during our Baltic trip. Adequate bath facilities.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Joan
"Great location, but loud disco music until 3am"
This hotel is located above a pub and a very loud disco. We were on the first floor and the techno music from the club woke us up at midnight on Saturday, it was so loud that one could literally feel the bass rocking the room. On Sunday night it was karaoke, and while it wasn't so disruptive, it was still loud enough to wake me occasionally. That being said, the location is perfect, walking distance from the Bryggen old town, fish market, university, main bus station, etc. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was fine although the water for the showers didn't stay hot for long. The inclusive breakfast is a sandwich w/ fruit and juice, not fancy but decent. The hotel also has free wi-fi which worked fine, and the TV had a couple of English channels. I'm summary, the price and location were great, but I don't need to hear the bass drop at midnight during my vacation.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
LH
"Cheap but with a price"
While the staff was nice and the room was adequate, this hotel, like many of the hotels in this part of Bergen, was really loud. If you like bad, loud contemporary European dance music, this place is for you. In July, our room was fairly warm without air conditioning but we could not open the windows to cool down due to the outside noise. On the upside, the staff was accommodating and the location excellent. But with the price comes the noise tradeoff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Dennis
There is no air conditioning and the window only opened 6 inches. We had 5 in our room and it was unbearably hot in July. We were not comfortable there. Also, the internet did not exist in the rooms, and in the lobby it was not secure and a very weak signal. I will say, the location was very good and the room was clean.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Naomi
"Nice hotel in the city center"
I was not sure about the distances to major tourist attractions such as cablecar, Bryggen, Old Tower/Castle and Railway station. However, all of these were within 15 minutes' walk at most.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Hiro
Works, simple concept
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
I am not typically overly critical of hotels, and usually just need a room to get a shower and lay my head. Overall: 2 - b/c location & neighborhood Service: 1 - Shockingly bad. I've gotten used to a lower level of customer service living and traveling Europe, but this took the cake. When asked about the lack of a crib in the room (indicated on the booking & confirmation), the attendee at arrival simply replied "What do you want me to do about it?" Then proceeded to give us a room not accessible by lift (may or may not have been intentional). 2nd strike occurred when no hot water resulted in little to no effort to accommodate for our inconvenience. Condition: 1 - unfortunately, no hot water on night one. Otherwise this would be a 3/4. Construction on the exterior shows they are at least investing in the property. Cleanliness: 2 - would be higher, but the throw on the foot of the bed looked like it may have seen its share of use...... (use your imagination). Rooms: 2 - the room itself was fine, actually good. However, the bathroom must be included here. The shower actually washed away from the drain, filling the whole restroom, making entering like walking through a lake. Location: 4 - it is very close to the city center (but not in it). A pretty good hike to the parking, but honestly, this was the line bright spot of the stay. Neighborhood: 3 - some may rank this lower as there is quite a bit of noise from the bars (in the hotel and side streets), but I was there on vacation, so it was manageable. However, I would not recommend for business if you're needing your sleep.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Buck
"mostly plusses, some minuses"
Plusses - location,very clean, price. Rooms are a bit small, but fine. Minuses - big issue is the noise, breakfast is almost worthless. We had to eat elsewhere. If you need quiet, ask for a room at the quieter side of the hotel. There's a disco at one end of the building and you can hear them through the floor for many floors. Good location, 5 - 10 min walk to central station, airport bus 2 blocks away.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Put us across the street with a bar and sports room below the room. Loud all night. No air conditioning so had to keep window open. Wifi did not connect except in lobby.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Ok hotel inn the senter of Bergen for a nice price. Easy to find and parking near by
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Very central loacation but noisy"
Perfect loacation for strolling Bergen. All attractions are in walking distance. But if people are sensitive to noises it's not the right place to stay because you can hear loud drunk people and music in the street until early morning. I guess more in the weekend.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Ed
"Surprise with breakfast provided"
The breakfast is not served in breakfast area but provided with a bag consist of a sandwich,an apple and an apple juice hang on door knob each morning. Great idea to save time and convenient.
Other trip May 23, 2014
After reading some reviews we were a bit apprehensive, we found the room clean and adequate, lucky to get a room at the back so no noise problems from the street bar. Breakfast in a bag was good as we were catching an early ferry
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Convenient to Bergen Area"
The hotel was sufficient for our needs. We were 3 adults, staying in a "family" room. I may not try that again, but the room was big enough and the hotel staff did a good job of keeping the bathroom was clean. The hotel was in a good area, a short walk from the old Bryggen area, the tourist information building, airport buses, hop-on-hop-off busses, and good restaurants. There was a bar downstairs from our room. The noise was not loud on the nights we stayed, but there was a definite cigarette smoke odor coming into our room from somewhere. I'd stay there again.
4 night family trip May 12, 2014
Kristi
loud, simple, not very attractiv hotel. disco next to hotel. loud wirking next to the hotel from 6.30 am. no breakfast, just a sandwich and apple hanging at the roomdoor
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Clean, basic room."
The room was really clean. It has all the basics, TV, bathroom, bed. Breakfast of sandwich, juice, and pear are provided. Don't expect anything fancy. Hallway smells but room is nice.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Good spot but check in service terrible"
OK - clean room don't expect much we stayed in a annex away from hotel above a bar - so noisy!
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Clean and appropriate for staying, low budget hotel in comparison with other hotels in Bergen! Key location, in the center, everything is close to the hotel. It is a good choice for travellers who doesnt seek a luxury accomodation.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
A simple bur very clean room with a little bit to high price. The bedlamp didn't work.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
We felt that the resepsionist did not like us.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"not recommended"
The facilities are very simple. The staff is not friendly. The only good thing is the location.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
Oscar
All good except we didn't have internet as promised. Our room was on 4th floor, which was problem. hopefully manager will make an adjustment,as I have emailed her for a price cut
2 night trip Nov 5, 2013
"Reviews had sounded good, but results were poor"
At reception, we stumbled over cartons of juice to speak to clerk. After much interaction with his computer, he told us to go the annex in the next block, but did not escort us. Outer door was locked and it took some experimentation to open. Found the room, which had no phone, no instructions re heating, and bare minimum of furniture -- and inadequate lighting. Positives: bed were comfortable and shower worked. Breakfast was a bag of sandwiches and juice hung on the door. No one to ask for an additional pillow or towel. At most a one-star hotel at a 3-star price.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
lew
"Reviews had sounded good, but results were poor"
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
lew
"Bergen P-Hotel"
We had an overall good experience and Bergen is a great place to visit.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Good room and a great location. Has a hoping bar next door which can be good or bad. Its only bad if you have a front room on a weekend and want to go to bed at midnight. Ask for a back room. The price was great for the area but the breakfast was weak by European and Norwegian standards. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Rich
"It's a budget hotel..so don't expect too much"
Price was acceptable, hotel clean, service good, location very good..just a few blocks to city center and airport bus. Our first room was nice but on the street, with a very noisy pub..kept us up till 3 AM. Transferred to another room...in the back, but so tiny practically no room to even put any suitcases, and NOT 2 beds like we requested...a very small double bed,,nearly killed each other. We left, then came back 2 weeks later for 2 days...nice room in back, 2 beds, attic garret with sloping walls so had to bend over to get into 2nd bed. but clean and quiet, nice shower. Found mayonnaise and mustard at a deli so used it to make breakfast sandwiches eatable.....with fruit juice and piece of fruit, did o.k for breakfast. Glad, because eating out in Norway was VERY expensive for us (USA) .Yes, would stay in P-hotels again. P.S. P-Hotel in Oslo was a little nicer...got a bigger room there,,,but same breakfast in a bag. Didn't go to hotel restaurant...but wish we had checked it out.
2 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Jean
"Noisy"
I was not happy that I was sent to a different building. It does not look anywhere as nice like what you see in the picture. Not only does it look older, but it was very noisy because the first floor is actually a sports bar with patio. Not worth what I paid for. I was pretty sure I did not sign up for the NOISE to go along with the room I booked.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
Ida
"P-Hotel Review"
I requested another room. The one given to me had a horrible view of a dirty courtyard and bad smell. The second room was OK. had a city street view. I do not recommend this hotel. The price is to high for the accomodations received.The same breakfast is left on your door each morning, Sandwich, apple juice and apple. Coffee machine always out of coffee or milk for the coffee. I did like that the Hotel is walking distance to all the major tourist sites and train station.
2 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
"low quality for (relatively) low cost"
Hotel is located reasonably close to sights of tourist interest and is relatively inexpensive in a very expensive, tourist-oriented city. Biggest plus was BBC World News on theTV. Negatives were (1) inadequate lighting in room: only a dim ceiling light and dim bed lampts, no lighting on desk, could read only in bath; (2) windows fastened shut, could not be opened for ventilation; (3) "breakfast" consisting of ham and cheese sandwich on not always fresh bread, container of juice, apple or pear; one must go to the lobby to obtain coffee or tea. (I bought breakfast at nearby 7-11 or deli and used sandwich for lunch.) Computers for guest use in lobby did not always work. Staff were polite but not particularly friendly, answered questions but did not appear to be eager to be helpful.
4 night trip Sep 5, 2013