All hotels in Bergen, Norway

2.9
The hotel was fine although the room was dated. Reception is small and gets quite busy but the location in really good. The breakfast was really poor, my curried chicken sandwich was more of a curried paste one and my boyfriends ham one had very thin ham.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Be sure to ask for a room on the back of the hotel. The club downstairs is very loud for anyone above.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Convenient hotel in Bergen Center for family"
Hotel gave us a small appartment with bedroom, living room, kitchen etc. Was great.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Jos
"Small expensive place but good location"
No breakfast place. Coffee in lobby. Smallish rooms. But great location
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
Very noisy till 3-4 am.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Centrally located. Easy to walk from and to."
Stayed for two days before a coastal cruise trip. After cruise stayed another three days. Rates had increased by 50% because of local festivities. Both stays were quiet with no problems. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Definitely a value for money. Great location in the city center, very helpful staff and excellent facilities. I would recommend this property to everyone.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"good location in Bergen"
Older hotel, recent room renovation. Very good family room. Delivered breakfast was basic. Coffee and tea in the lobby.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
We had two rooms at our stay, the room to the street side were very noysy comming from the bars just below the hotel. It was also very hot, no ventilation and not enough blinds for the sun. We also had a room to the back of the hotel, it was much better, noyse and temperature wise. We missed a place to buy a propper breakfast at a resonable price. The sandwiches provided by the hotel was okay, but not what we needed to start the day exploring the city. The free coffee was good, and there was not too far to walk into the city.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"LOUD LOUD AND LOUDER"
The hotel was noisy late into the night because it is attached to a sports bar where there is uproarious singing and noise until very late at night. It was quite hot while we were in Bergen and there was no air conditioning and not much circulation even with the window open. We had to call someone in order to open the window since there were no instructions in any language and the lock was complicated.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Dorothy
"Very nice hotel"
Hotel is located at a good place. Staff was very nice, room was big, very clean. Breakfast was a surprise, a bag put on the door, it was ok though. The only things we found wrong was the bar downstairs outside is very noisey til 3 a.m. every morning
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Not bad for the price"
This hotel offers a fine price ( in a very expensive city ). But don't expect frills. Do expect an excellent location on a lovely steet, quick walk to water front. Comfy bed in compact room but clean. Noise From street, cafes and passing partyers went on until about 4am. The warm summer evening meant I HAD to have the windows open - but th accurate reviews I had read had prepared me( I would have used ear plugs but I had a very early flight and didn't want to sleep thru the alarm). All said- I am very pleased with this place. You will love Bergen - just adjust your attitude to the prices of Norway ( simple take away dinner: $ 15+, pint of beer: $12.00 ) but Bergen is WORTH IT!!
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
Was not impressed with the breakfast. Location was fantastic. Price was good. Room was a bit cramped. Overall good value though.
2 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2013
"Not your best bet in Bergen, but not your worst"
I stayed in a single private room on the fourth (top) floor. I was here for one night. I found it slightly better than City Apartment Hotel (due to easier reception experience & breakfast) and deeply inferior to Skansen Pensjonat (despite their shared toilet/shower facilities, since SP has wonderful hospitality, great breakfast, nice views, and blissful quiet). Pros: -My room was perfectly clean and had all of the basic necessities (bed, small sofa, desk, TV, bathroom with toilet and shower). It was ready on time for my arrival. -Reception seemed to be staffed at all hours of the day. Cons: -My room was quite warm, but the hotel does not have fans available. With the window open the temperature improved, but the noise from the street below was too loud to sleep, even with earplugs. -The elevator only services the first three floors. -The wifi was rather slow, though not so much as to be entirely unusable. -The bedding was inadequate, though in my limited experience this seems to be a Norwegian norm. (No fitted sheet, just a flat sheet and a heavy comforter. If you don't want to sleep on an uncovered bed but do want a layer on top of your body, you are in trouble in the summer.) -The included "breakfast" is terrible - a very sad sandwich, with no regard to my vegetarian request
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"satisfactory for the money"
it was ok. breakfast box is poor. location and room functions good. location excellent.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
mike
"Great location."
Clean and well located. You get what you pay for and this hotel is no exception.The staff was efficient and accommodating. Bathrooms are small but look to have been recently updated and functional - never been a fan of the half shower door - the whole bathroom floor winds up wet. The breakfast is a bit unusual (bag hung on door with a sandwich, juice and fruit) but it is included in the room price and you can order the type of sandwich (limited selection) you want.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Room is clean and comfortable, but service is poor"
Room and location are very good. Especially room was better than P-Hotel Oslo. Breakfast is always sandwiches. They cannot control any butter sandwiches. Only one night they prepared no butter sandwich. P-Hotel Bergen does not have tomato and egg sandwich. When you are not mind breakfast, P-Hotel Bergen is good.
2 night trip Jul 7, 2013
K
"Good location, expensive and kind of a dump"
Rooms had barest amenities. No shampoo, thin towels. No TV or radio. The "included breakfast "was a ham sandwich and a juice box hung on the door. Hilarious. Internet really slow and unreliable. Our rooms were in another building down the street over a sports bar, which was loud and smoky. Pretty expensive - about $250USD per night and beds were thin cots. Good location though for walking around Bergen.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2013
KM
"Good location but dismissive staff, noisy room."
The room we were given was located directly over the deck of a bar, and even on a Monday night it was extremely noisy...could hear the details of individual conversations people were having there...got louder as the evening progressed...cannot imagine what it would be like on a weekend. Had to (and was glad to) check out early the next day, and when we asked them to store the luggage for us, they said we could pile it in the lobby, but they would not be responsible for it. When I asked the person at the desk if they could at least put it behind the counter, out of the way, she said they had no room, and acted irritated that I would even ask. We were forced to store our luggage at the train station until the ferry were were traveling on that day departed. Of all the places we stayed during our time in Scandinavia, this hotel was by far the most memorable because of the negative experience we had there.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
BB
"OK place to sleep"
The P-Hotel is in a good location in central Bergen, close to all the tourist sites and city centre. The hotel itself is more for backpackers. There is an outdoor beer garden in front of the hotel which was noisy. The rooms are very basic - no fridge or tea/coffee facilities and the bed was a 3/4 size. Breakfast was a lunch bag left on your door containing a sandwich and drink. Overall it was a mediocre hotel experience.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013
"A night in Bergen"
We stayed at P-Hotel for one night when we were not able to extend our stay at the B & B we stayed at the previous night. We stopped in the day before check in to let the man at the front desk know that we would not be checking in until 8:00 pm, and wanted to guarantee our late check in. He was completely disinterested in speaking to us, and I did not walk away feeling good that our reservation was secure. All was fine when we checked in, but there was yet another disinterested person working at the front desk. Accommodations were ok, location is very good. Noisy at night, just as I had read in previous reviews. Bar downstairs is a lively scene, but continues to be a loud, lively scene late into the night. The entire bathroom floor gets soaked whenever you take a shower. At check out, we left our bags for a few hours until we leave town, and the hotel doesn't have a secure place to leave the bags, nor a front desk person who expresses interest in the security of the bags. Bags are simply left in the front lobby, and picked up when you are ready to go, but no one verified that we were taking the correct bags. A bit unsettling.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Room overlooked the garbage cans in back of hotel. Booked twin beds and got one bed
3 night trip Jun 11, 2013
Hotel is way to expencsive for what you get back. Not as much as a glass in the room....
2 night trip Jun 6, 2013
traweller
"Terrible hotel, terrible service"
The hotel is well located, but it is awful. We were a group of three, and were put in a room that was not only quite unclean (there was a 2 mm film of dust under the bed), but also was quite run-down (the shower door handle was missing, the door frame of the bathroom was unhinged and stripped of paint, and the room door had a hole --yes a hole--). This for almost $ 270 a night, ridiculous! We felt cheated, really. We had to be changed rooms twice until we were placed in a semi-inhabitable room. Also, breakfast (a sandwich per person --if you are lucky: we only got one overall the second day), a juice and a fruit) comes in a bag that they hang from your door knob. Very noisy hotel too. Do not recommend.
2 night trip May 30, 2013
MariaB
"Average at Best"
All of the pictures show the Red hotel, we check in and they send us across the street and down a block to a completely seperate building from the hotel shown. Breakfast was OK and left on your door knob.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Good location, some street noise"
Good value overall. Location was great and the bag breakfasts were adequate. We stayed in a family room 4th floor. the elevator goes only to 3rd floor. not a problem but if elderly or large bags, might be difficult getting up the spiral staircase. There was some street noise into the early morning hours from a club on the same street so if you need silence you probably should insist on an interior room. We had problem with power outlets in the room and the staff was quick to resolve it once we told them. I recommend this hotel.
3 night trip May 28, 2013
"Very noisy hotel"
The hotel was extremely noisy. There is a pub below which played loud music, loud enough to shake the bed, until 3 am.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Rich
"Small but comfortable"
The hotel is a nice one but nothing special. The room was small but comfortable and the heated floor in the bathroom was very nice. It is also convienatly close to the sights in Bergen.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Perfect location, renovated, clean and free coffee"
The hotel is perfectly located in the local restaurant/ bar neighborhood (so not in the touristy-expensive area), which is anyways 5-10min walk to everywhere you want to visit in Bergen. Rooms are clean and renovated, altough small (as any other hotel in Norway). Some rooms facing the street must be noisy, as there is a bar and disco below on the same building, but the interior ones (as ours) were totaly silent during the weekend. Last but not least, they provide free coffee/tea, which is a great perk considering the prices of it out there! (3-5€!!!)
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2013
carlos
"Town central, close to everything."
I stayed here for two nights whilst on a weekend break from work. Flew in from Oslo. It was easy to find and check in was painless and the staff were good. No problems with the room. It was tidy and clean. But I thought it was very basic and not somewhere that you would spend anytime. Good for somewhere to sleep and that was about it. But if you are a budget traveller well I guess this is what you get. I had just spent two weeks in the Radisson at Gardermoen airport so was naturally a little disappointed. A small food package is delivered every morning and this was a good touch. I guess if travelling on a budget and not expecting much I would recommend this hotel. It is very close to a number of pubs and night clubs so can be noisy at night. I was dead tired so slept but was aware of the noise from time to time.
Other trip May 6, 2013
The hotel is close to the Cathedral and other areas of interest. The shower drain in our bathroom was clogged and the shower flooded every time we used it. Other than that they delivered us breakfast every morning and the service was very good.
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2013
Room is very OK for that price. Very comfortable bed. I missed a comfortable chair of some kind when I watched the TV for a while, I don't like to sit in bed while watching. Breakfast was ok, but there was not much chicken in the chicken sandwich. The water boilers ( I got a new one, the same thing happened) did not boil when the lid was pressed properly down, it had to be a bit open or you had to press the "on switch" the whole time while it boiled.. A bit annoying, that. .A very OK place to stay if you are very busy and not staying in the hotel much.
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
"A Good Value for the Money"
One of the few reasonably priced hotels in town, it was surprisingly pleasant. They actually serve a sack breakfast that is delivered to your room. This was quite handy as I had planned a fjord excursion leaving early in the morning. I could simply take my meal with me.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
"Great value"
Unless you need a hot brekkie, this is the best deal in Bergen. I used the supplied breakfast (hung on the doorknob at 6am, a meat and cheese sandwich, orange, and apple juice) for my lunch each day. Easy to carry, basic and nutritious. Take the bus from the airport to the Radisson and walk 2 blocks to the hotel -- for 100nok, instead of a 355nok taxi ride. Clean, warm, convenient, and (relatively, for Beren) inexpensive. I asked for a quiet room and got one one the top elevator floor with a view of the courtyard. Dead quiet. On weekdays street noise is not likely to be a problem on any upper floors.
3 night trip Dec 3, 2012
Jan
It was 2 blocks away from everything. The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was well kept and comfortable. There was complementary coffee and tea in the lobby all day long and the breakfast sandwiches delivered in the morning were a nice treat.
2 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2012
Jeremy
"Location is good, quality is not so great."
We requested a double bed over the phone and were assured that we would receive it. Upon arrival, we changed rooms 3 times because they kept assigning a room with 2 twin beds. We had to wait a half hour for the reception to check all available rooms for a double bed. The rooms are very minimalistic and OK for only one night., they were not unclean, but they were not kept in good condition. The street side is very noisy on the weekend with music blasting and people talking.
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2012
The breakfast bag was a joke. It would be more honest not to provide anything. However we did appreciate the coffee that was available in the lobby.
2 night trip Oct 14, 2012
"Acceptable"
Bare bones hotel with the basics. Hardwood floors which I actually liked- some may not. Was dropped off at the wrong address so had to drag luggage across the street only to find out I may be coming back to that site (evidently they have 3 hotels around the same area but not connected but you go to the main address to check in). Convenient for sight seeing - about 3 blocks from the harbor. Never did get my wake up call; bring an alarm clock.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2012
KatieJ
"Know what you're getting into"
We had a major problem with the booking. I had understood that there would be a bedroom with 2 twin beds plus a living room area with a couch that would sleep an additional 2 people. What we found was 1 large room with both the 2 beds and pull out couch all in the same room. There was seating for only 2. We had to get chairs and a table and bring it up to the room ourselves. Furthermore, the part of the hotel that we stayed in was across the street from the main hotel with the front desk. This would not have been such an issue had there been a phone in our room, but there wasn't. The only way to contact he front desk was to go downstairs and across the street. This was particulary disturbing on the last night of our stay when the fire alarm went off at 5 a.m. and wouldn't stop. There was no information given from the management and we were left to wonder whether or not we should be getting out of bed and going outside. In the end, it was a false alarm, but we never heard a word about it from management. All that being said, once we got used to 4 adults sharing a single room, the room itself was clean and comfortable and the location was very convenient. If you know what you are getting, it's not a bad deal.
2 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2012
"In desperate need of an upgrade"
Looking for a clean, lower-priced (for Bergen) hotel just to rest your head, this will suffice. Room is clean, good location (seven blocks from train station), but that's about it. Guest floors are in need of significant repair, furniture is worn, linen carts litter the hallways. Several rooms are located directly above a sports bar which is loud and active with an outdoor patio until after 2am. Windows are not insulated, so street and bar noise can be significant, even for a heavy sleeper.
Other trip Sep 12, 2012
AMK
"Reasonable place to stay"
Clean and comfortable. The "breakfast" consisted of a ham and cheese sandwich with not much of either, an apple and a juice box. After a day or two, I couldn't face another of the sandwiches. They do have coffee/tea in the lobby 24/7, laundry facilities and they are in a good location with places to buy groceries, take-out food nearby.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
Great place to stay for a reasonable price. 5 minutes walk from Fish Market Square.
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2012
"Somewhat disappointing hotel. Very poor breakfast"
For the price, the room is incredibly small and basic. The walls are thin and the "breakfast" is very disappointing.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
Had a problem with the room and they upgraded me to a suite.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2012
don't suggest to your customer
Other trip Aug 19, 2012
"Bergen"
As others have mentioned in their reviews there is a bar just outside this hotel. The closing time is 2 or 3 I stopped looking at the clock the first night. The noise was better the second night. The location was good. We walked to some of the sights in Bergen. Everything is expensive in Norway but this hotel is a bit overpriced for the size of the rooms and the cleanliness in my opinion.
Other trip Aug 5, 2012
"In the heart of Bergen"
Expensive hotel for what you get. Our room was located in another buildig. No phone to contact hotel staff for anything. No parking and the parknig 3 blocks away was about $ 20 per night. Bar downstairs was loud and would not quiet down until 2 am. Bring your own toiletries. Breakfast consisted of a juice, apple and a ham sandwich in a bag hanging on your door in the morning.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2012

The location is wonderful, walking distance to everything. Hotel staff is nice and helpful. Furniture is scarce. We booked a room for 3 people, but only 1 chair in the room. Hardly anywhere to put our things. The hotel is right above a pub whose music blasts until about 2-3am. Not an ideal place unless you can sleep in music.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Not recommended!"
Unfriendly staff! Room was not ready at 16:00 that day!
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
The staff were fantastic and very accommodating. Great location with only a short stroll to the city and to the fish markets!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015