All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

Great pool
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Great Hotel if you like ants"
Our room was awful. There were ants everywhere. A few even left with me, and my friends as we found some crawling on us on our way to the airport. I don't expect this from a Hilton Property or any property I pay $270/night for.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is the focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We’ve addressed these issues and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
I cannot ding the hotel for anything. However I will say that Hotels.com really screwed up my reservation. The property somehow received the reservation under my guests name, when I personally made the booking in my name. So upon check in, the Hilton did not have a reservation for me. And to make a long story short, my credit card was charged $308.23 on two separate occasions for the room, and I was charged a $258.99 NO SHOW fee, and I have been unsuccessful getting these charges reversed. I will NOT USE HOTELS.COM EVER AGAIN.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will visit us again soon!
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Nichole Campion
we only stayed for one night and it was good. There's no free wifi though which kinda sucke.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
Nice place but for the price, you would think they would provide free wi-fi in your room (instead of just in the lobby).
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. HHonors Diamond or Golf VIPs receive complimentary guestroom internet. Also, AT&T U-verse customers and Hilton HHonors members who book directly through Hilton receive complimentary guestroom internet. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon!
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2015
"Great experience"
Great location, great service and great hotel
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait for your next visit!
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
BASSEM
"Great place. Nice people will come back."
One of the best hotels stayed in this year. We come down for all chargers game. That's ten times a year. I San Diego can't get their stuff straight they will loose out with people like us who come down for root ball games. But I guess that doesn't matter to them.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Art
"Away For The Weekend"
Our stay was amazing! Had a great time. Within walking distance to the Gas Lamp Quarter. Amenities were a little disappointing, no fridge, magnifying mirror, and WIFI sucked
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a terrific trip and enjoyed our location. Next time, try requesting a complimentary fridge at check in! We hope you will be our guest again soon!
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Christopher
"Motel 6 service for Premium price"
Now this hotels cost $ 300 per night and the service is not even $ 80 worth. The mattress are $ 200 mattress from a discount, the bathroom has mold, never stayed so bad. We paid for the same place $ 150 a night last year, now they take $ 300 !!!!! Never again havn't sleep this night.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We are taking your comments into consideration as we take the steps necessary to make it right for you and our future guests. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Arne
"Good weekend for the family"
Great place. The pool area was perfect for the family and the breakfast buffet was good too. We were treated very well here and will stay again!
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our heated, salt-water pool overlooking the San Diego Bay and the Breakfast Buffet at Vela. We hope you will be our guest again soon!
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
"Incredible Views! Gorgeous Hotel!"
Excellent! From check-in to check out, our stay was fantastic! Incredible views of the harbor and Seaport Village! Clean and comfortable room. Friendly and professional staff.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your five star review! We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we can't wait for your next visit!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
"The perfect night"
It was great no complaints.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you had a great stay and we can't wait for your next visit!
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
"Weekend getaway!"
2 night stay was just wonderful...
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a terrific trip and we are looking forward to your next visit!
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"WRONG ROOM"
CHECKED IN LATE AT NIGHT. AROUND 1AM. GIT TO MY ROOM AND THERE WAS TWO QUEENS INSTEAD OF THE KING I RESERVED. I WAS WAY TOO TIRED TO GO BACK DOWN AND COMPLAIN.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re very sorry you received the wrong guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.
"Great Views"
We stayed at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront because we were going to back-to-back Padres games. We checked in easily and got to our room with a view of the Coronado Bridge. The air conditioning was not working, so we called down and they were able to get it fixed and frigid in less than 30 minutes. Self-parking was reasonable and the beds were so comfortable, I thought I was at home. The only downside was our food/service late night at Odysea, but the view was great.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our proximity to Petco Park and the convenient pedestrian bridge which provides easy access to the ballpark. We are also glad you enjoyed the spectacular views from your comfortable guest room. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will be our guest again soon!
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
PETER
"Beautiful stay"
Loved this hotel, we were only there one night, but we would love to return and stay there for an extended stay! The pool was lovely!
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your quick stay at our hotel. We are also glad you loved the pool and we hope you will be back for an extended stay soon!
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Holly
"Well located, friendly hotel"
I stayed here one night with my family, including our dog. The hotel itself is nice - very large and well kept. I thought the room was adequately sized, considering that it is a downtown hotel. The floor of the room did feel a bit grimy, but besides that it was very clean. The staff was very friendly and made checking in and out very easy. I loved that they have their own parking structure so you can self park, which is rare in the city. I also loved that they have a grassy area outside of the hotel where the dogs can sniff to their heart's content.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are glad you liked our convenient parking structure and Bayfront Park overlooking the beautiful San Diego Bay. We love hearing from our valued guests and we hope you will be our guest again soon!
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay..."
Really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The only downside was that they didn't offer WiFi in the hotel rooms just in the lobby. Other than that I was an awesome vacation.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
LaToya
"No complaints"
For a Hilton, I thought this was just average really. Nothing about it really felt special or different.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We try our best to make sure all of our guests have an above average, rewarding stay. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to San Diego!
Cheri
"San Diego Hilton Bayfront - BEWARE !!!"
When I was checking in, the guy checked his computer and told me if I want to upgrade for $20 more. I asked why what is my room? He said standard with no view. I was upset and immediately showed my reservation booked last July which was 2 queen beds with bridge view. He didn't even look at it and told me "Let me see if we have that room". I told him that was my confirmed reservation and they should have reserved that room. I told him I am not going to pay extra. He gave us Rm 2518 with a bridge view. What a character. Very unprofessional and mean. He just told us there is the elevator and your room is on the 5th floor. Nothing about other services like parking etc. I had to ask myself. I would advice people, always bring your reservation paper with you coz some hotels (like this Hilton) are not honest and would try to let you pay more. Would never check in at Hilton again. That guy (unfortunately I forget his name) but he was on the farthest check-in counter to the left. He should be made to attend some customer satisfaction classes. Just because there was a Petco event at that time, they want to rip off clients if they could. On a positive note, the room was nice and next to the convention center where we attended a seminar.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry for the disappointing service that you received; I will make sure to address these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback helps us to improve. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel to the area.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"The staff were hurried and rushed through check ou"
The hotel staff managed to destroy my wife's B Day cake on top of botching our reservation
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
kevin
"Weekend get away"
Hotel was nice and clean but only one pool and it was too busy/noisy to hang out at. this is a family hotel so if your a couple looking for a little get away I would shy away if you want to sit around the pool and relax.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will consider staying with us again next time your travels bring you to San Diego!
3 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
This Hilton is kind of old comparing to the Hilton across the street.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our valued guests and we hope you will be our guest again next time your travels bring you to San Diego!
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Xiaohan
"Great Hotel-needs to have free or closer parking."
Just stayed for a weekend was very nice, great view. It was very clean and the beds were super comfortable. There is a long walk to the elevators but very nice. Wasn't thrilled about the parking cost 120.00 for 2 nights :( I think that should be included it is already along walk to the door and rooms.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your five star review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and liked the beautiful view of San Diego and the Bay. We are also happy to hear you slept wonderfully in the comfortable beds. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again next time!
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
I'm a San Diego native and surprised my boyfriend with a staycation for his birthday this past weekend. This was my first time staying at a hotel in downtown San Diego. We stayed in a bridge view room on the 23rd floor and it was absolutely breath-taking. The staff was pleasant upon arrival and departure. I was very pleased and will definitely be returning again.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your staycation and the spectacular view from your guest room. We are looking forward to your next visit!
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Victoria
"Relaxation"
Awesome
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thanks for your review. See you next time!
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Relaxing..."
Amazing!!
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thanks for your review! See you next time!
2 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Kelley
It was great, we were going to petco park for a ball game on Labor day. The bridge to the park was so convenient.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient pedestrian bridge that links us to Petco Park. We hope you will be our guest again soon!
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Very nice staff, from valet to front desk. Friendly atmosphere. Very clean. Pool was incredibly busy but staff worked hard to keep towels stocked.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the clean, friendly atmosphere of our hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit!
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Rebecca
"San Diego Get Away"
We had only been to San Diego one other time a very long time ago, we finally decided to go again. It was a holiday weekend so finding a reasonably priced place was challenging. We settled on the San Diego Hilton Bayfront. The location was great you can walk to Seaport village and the Gaslamp District there is a great bridge you can walk across to get there, which also takes you to Petco park. The room was very nice & clean. The food at the grill was very good & we were glad to see the yogurt place open late. We enjoyed walking the boardwalk & looking at the Yachts. The negatives would be the internet speed was awful, the drinks were pretty pricey, the biggest negative was the Pool we tried to go several times one night it was fairly late 9:00 and it was mobbed with children every where in both hot tubs & the pool, every where but the kiddie pool. We went back at 10:00 and it was still the same, they were also out of towels, and it was quite the mess you couldn't tell if people were still using the lounge chairs or it was a left over mess from earlier in the day. The other big negative was parking when there was an event at Petco Park the Parking Garage was packed and hard to find a parking place and when your paying 35.00 a day to park it shouldnt be a hassle. All in all it was enjoyable.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
Judy
I rated this a 3 star because they charge Expedia customers $12 a day for Internet even though entitled to complimentary access as a Hilton Honors member.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
justin
It was wonderful.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you, Barbara! We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and we can't wait for your next visit!
"Perfect!"
This hotel was amazing! Five minute walk to the heart of the Gaslamp, gorgeous pool overlooking the bay, several bars and eateries on the grounds, and a very nice staff. Came for a Girls Trip...we will be back!
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait for your next visit!
3 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
Robin
"Everything is right at your fingertips."
We came on a busy holiday weekend and were very comfortable. We enjoyed the kid activities that were offered and loved the pool
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our holiday activities and our pool overlooking the San Diego Bay! We hope you will be our guest again soon!
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Loved our stay. Needed two comfy chairs to enjoy the view
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the fantastic views of the San Diego Bay and City. We hope you will be our guest again soon!
Teresa
"Short. but vry enjoyable stay"
Very busy business hotel. Beautiful location on the San Diego Bay, just minutes away from the Gaslamp District, Petco Park, Convention Center and Seaport Village. Easy walk to restaurants and shops. I stayed there while traveling on business. Booked a Bay/City View room with 2 queen beds that was spacious, quiet, modern, well-furnished and clean. UPS store on-site was very convenient for me. Their Fox Sports Grill offers good drinks and food. Staff was busy, but friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our conveniently located hotel next to the Convention Center, Petco Park, and the Gaslamp District. We are also glad you liked our UPS Store and Fox Sports Grill. We appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit!
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"NICE STAY"
THE LOCATION WAS GREAT. THE HOTEL WAS WORTH STAYING AT.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thanks for sharing your experience. See you next time!
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Timothy
"Great extended weekend!"
Was greeted by a warm, helpful staff. Room was pleasant,clean and very comfortable. Everything was very accessible from this location!
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location. See you next time!
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Loved It"
My husband and I went there for four nights. We stayed in a king corner room. The view of the bay was wonderful. We were on the 24th floor. The location is perfect. We never had to take the car out of the garage. You can walk to the Gaslamp District, Seaport Village, and Petco Park. The pool is small but nice and the pool bar was a nice place to relax. We would definitely stay there again.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our location and the view of the San Diego Bay from your 24th floor guest room. We are also glad you liked our pool and The Pool Club restaurant. Next time, make sure you check out our daily specials. We hope to see you soon!
4 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Nicki
The AC does not work perfectly.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your feedback. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and we apologize that this experience took away from your stay. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, we do hope that you will be our guest again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Nehemiah
Pool was small and overcrowded at all times
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry to hear this. We hope you will be our guest again in the future!
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Overall the Hotel was good. Girl at front desk was not helpful at all. Check in is suppose to be at 3:30 pm got there at 7:30 and the room was still not ready had to wait about 30 mins for the room. Guest behind us in line got the exact same room and did not have to wait a minute infact they got their room key before us. SERIOUSLY worst service ever by the check in desk. Would not stay here again just because of it.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and we apologize for the experience you had at the front desk. Your comments will help us make it right moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Brenda
The pool service was horrible. I asked for a menu 2 times from a pool waitress. She failed to ever bring a menu. I ended up ordering my food from the bar, getting up for each drink and to retrieve my food. This was on Labor day. The blonde and brown haired waitress with highlights are horrible servers with attitudes. They shouldn't have the privilege to work at such an establishment. They are not capable of such a high demand job. They were gossiping about the guests attire when they should have been helping them. I'm still disgusted by these ladies and wouldn't recommend this hotel pool to ANYONE.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality service you deserve and expect. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Lauren
"content"
hotel was nice room service food cold and over priced
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We are taking your comments to the appropriate members of our team. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.
charles
"Labor Day stay"
Close to everything downtown, short walk to Petco. There were a lot of guests and not enough staff to handle the crowd at restaurant or pool. Had to be patient for the elevator, lots of people with bicycles in the elevator.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our location and we appreciate your feedback. We have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of handling guest’s needs. We hope that you will be our guest again the next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Family trip to San Diego"
Great hotel and staff. Grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Staff seemed eager to help, especially at the pool area. My only complaint is that it's a little too big, which is more of a preference really. Way finding could be improved. Parking is terribly expensive.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and your kind comments concerning our staff. We hope you will be our guest again soon!
Christopher
"Nice but nickel and dime"
The hotel was great, but it has a few downsides. It's irritating that you have to pay for wifi, and they charge you for parking (without telling you). It's $32/day to park and they give you no warning whatsoever.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will be our guest again the next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Excellent location - best of both worlds!"
The best thing about this hotel is the location - you are right on the waterfront, but also only a short walk from Petco Park and the Gaslamp District. The pool is very nice, right on the waterfront as well, with an excellent view, however be prepared to get to the pool very early to secure a lounge chair. The hotel allows non-guests to hang at the pool as well, as anyone can simply walk up to the pool area, no hotel key/card needed at all, and that was happening quite alot during my stay, which was very frustrating as I found myself having to wait and watch for people to leave for a chair.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Mya
Very convenient to gas lamp district and Petco park. Walking distance to restaurants and bars. Great view of Coronado.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location near the Gaslamp District and Petco Park. We are also happy to hear you liked the view of the beautiful Coronado Island. We can't wait for your next visit!
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"No free wifi!!!!"
All was good. However, the good experienced was soured by no free wifi and expensive parking. Not consumer friendly at all.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Oscar
"Wanted more pool time"
It was a holiday weekend, hotel was pretty full. If you didn't get a chair by the pool early in the morning you didn't get a chair at all. But other than that my experience was great.
Response by Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will be our guest again next time your travels bring you to San Diego!
3 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015