All hotels in West Long Branch, New Jersey, United States of America
294 Highway 36 East, West Long Branch, NJ, 07764, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"quiet and comfortablw"
good breakfast
1 night business trip May 18, 2014
"Very Nice. No complaints."
Enjoyed my one-night stay here.Can't think of a single complaint or criticism. Reasonably priced. Friendly service. Clean and quiet. Generous complementary breakfast. The pool was nice too. Very happy with my stay :)
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Fiveofus
"I'd rate higher than 2 1/2 stars"
I found this Holiday Inn Express to be very clean, recently renovated with a modern look, and the staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast was quite good with a nice variety of food and coffee, and they try to give you all the little conveniences in the room: a coffee maker, a microwave, a mini fridge, and a Jersey Shore guidebook. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Pier Village and Ocean Place/the nearest beach, and 5-10 minutes from Monmouth University. And for the price we got all we could have wanted from our hotel stay. There's very little I'd change: the HVAC unit in the room was on the loud side at first, but after the first night the unit either quieted down or we got used to it.
2 night business trip May 14, 2014
Becca
"Nice hotel in New Jersey."
I went with for a girls' weekend with three other women. The location was dictated by participation in the NJ Marathon. The town is cute, but not a lot to do, few interesting places to eat and indulge in the off season. The hotel itself was conveniently located. The premises were clean and courteous. Everything as expected.
Other trip May 1, 2014
JS
"Highly recommend"
I was in town running the NJ Marathon and this was within a couple miles of the start do it was perfect. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or courteous, they went out of their way to help you with anything you needed. They also had a great breakfast and the morning of the marathon packed bags with water, fruit and a granola bar to take with us because we were leaving so early in the morning.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Tracey
"Nice stay centrally located"
Overall good; room a tad small but good breakfast, fun pool and fitness room
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"very enjoyable"
Went with fiance to enjoy a nice relaxing day away from everything and was amazing. Beautiful suite nice pool friendly attentive staff and decent price. Only wish the location had nicer views but that's my fault for not looking into that.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Danne
"Easy and relaxing!"
I have stayed here once before and was so impressed by this hotel. The desk staff are courteous and helpful,and breakfast is great. I had to beg the weekend breakfast lady to put out more cinnamon buns as they are soooo delicious !! She needs to wait till 10 oclock to clean up though! The pool and rooms are very clean and quiet. Location is near everything. We will return!
3 night romance trip Feb 6, 2014
Maria
"Excellent and clean"
We had no problems whatsoever. We will come back here again in the future.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Great Price"
Holiday Inn West Long Branch worked well for us. Excellent price. We were heading to a show in Red Bank (about 10 min away) and didn't want to spend a lot on a room. This neighborhood is typical suburbia (applebees, k-mart, car dealerships). Complimentary breakfast was limited but got us started. Enjoyed the indoor saltwater pool- seemed as if it were due to be vacuumed but nice enough (unfortunately no hot tub). Room was spacious, large bed- surprisingly comfortable for budget hotel. It was a little stuffy and you could definitely notice that "hotel" smell. We had some issues with heat, the system got very loud in the middle of the night and the hot air was incredibly dry. Appreciated 12:00 checkout! Overall, met expectations and would recommend to someone looking for good value.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
standpz
"Friendly Staff"
We were in the area for a viewing and funeral and arrived before the official check-in time. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, and took care of us in less than 5 minutes. Any staff we crossed paths with said "Hello" with a smile. The room was spotless and fine for an overnight stay. As a diabetic, I was very pleased with the healthy choices available for breakfast.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
plm
"Love it"
My wife and I had a weekend getaway from the kids . We love the hotel , very clean and very nice staff . Love it
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Risheem
"Family Stay"
This was my third time staying at this location. It is always a comfortable stay and Sean at the front desk is very helpful with his suggestions. Breakfast is good and the access is usually good. If I have one criticism, it concerns the handicap accessibility. The curb in front of the automatic door into the lobby should be flattened out so you don't have to do the extra steps to get into the building. This would be helpful to seniors especially in bad weather, so that they would be under the hotel awning. My mother, who has bad knees, wouldn't have to step up or down and wouldn't have to take as many steps. Thanks in advance for your consideration...
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2013
Sandra
"Typical Holiday InnExpress"
Hotel was clean and convenient. My only request would be some new pillows. Even the ones marked Firm were broken down.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
Hawklady
"Great value!"
We had a very nice "suite", and the price was right. It worked out well for us since we were an adult couple with an adult child, and we were able to have privacy in the bedroom while he slept on the sofa bed. We each had our own TV and separate access to the bathroom, which was huge and very clean.There was even a little kitchenette, and though we didn't use it, it was nice that it was there. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good. The pool liked nice, but a bit small; we had planned to use it but ran out of time. The only bad thing is that there was a problem with the heating unit, and it started to rattle rather loudly in the middle of the night, We told the desk clerk in the morning and she was apologetic and said it would be repaired. All and all it was a good experience and we will probably stay again when we return to the area to visit family for Christmas.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Barri
We attended a family event and we extended for one more night , hotel was clean and complimentary breakfast was not bad.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Marics
"great stay"
This was a quick overnight but hotel was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Well stocked breakfast buffet.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
doug
"Convenient hotel close to all"
Check in was easy and check out was easier. The free breakfast had much to offer. I would stay here again
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"Convenient, reliable, plus awesome staff"
Booked through Expedia but hotel had no record of reservation. No worries -- check-in person was happy to give me a room at the Expedia rate, and for my inconvenience here's an upgrade to a suite! (Too bad I was only there about nine hours.) Coupla tiny things that could have been fixed, but overall the stay was great.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Spent a number of days here and was very pleased with the staff. Very professional and courteous. Their breakfast was lacking in some respects. Sausage patties were very greasy and looked reheated. Eggs were watery. The rest of the selections were decent. The only problems with the room were the bathroom fan was noisy and the bathroom door would not stay open. The HVAC system was noisy also.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
I stayed here with my son for a weekend getaway in Asbury Park. It was a few minutes away from the beach but for the price it was perfect. Everything was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I had (and it's not a real complaint) is that the complimentary breakfast was not very good. My son, who is 9, didn't like anything they had to offer. Considering it was a free breakfast though I honestly did not expect too much.
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2013
"Close to Monmouth University"
Very clean room; bed was very comfortable and shower head was great! Had a room with no view at all - not even the parking lot, which was disappointing so kept the curtain closed. Breakfast buffet was over crowded and a little messy (dirty tables, food on floor, etc.) so just avoided that area all-together. Would stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Nice clean quiet Hotel."
This is a nice inexpensive place to stay that provides the comforts that are needed for overnight travel.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Excellent stay"
Holiday Inn is now a favorite hotel chain. Room was cleaner and more spacious than expected. Staff was very friendly and helpful and helped me find local restaurants to eat at and let me borrow tape and scissors when I need them.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
I have booked two nights, but we stayed only one night. I couldn’t sleep on the bed; it was seemed that the sheets were not changed. The bed was terrible, the stuff is rough. I will never stay in this hotel again.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Firuza
"fairly close to the beach and local supermarkets."
overall great clean room with plenty of food at the breakfast buffet. front desk staff were very polite and helpful. housekeeping were ok. pool was warm and clean along with fitness room. not that many tv channels but sufficient. I would go stay there again with my kids. kids loved it too. somewhat too pricey for being 2 miles away from the beach. otherwise, I would recommend this clean convenient hotel to others..
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
wife and mommy
"Basically Enjoyed Experience"
We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It was very comfortable. Sean was very helpful. The hotel gave us an early check-in courtesy as my husband was just coming off a 14 hour shift when we first checked in. It was very nice that they worked with me on the two hour early check in. My only complaint about the stay is that the indoor pool is too small and there were not enough lounge chairs for the guest that decided to use the pool that day. However, plenty of pool towels for the guest and it was very clean. Would probably stay again when swimming is not one of our reasons for staying.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Aunt visiting with husband, niece, and nephew
I always trust Holiday Inn. They offer nice clean rooms at good prices. Just what I expected. Ten minute drive to the beaches.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Jenn
"Not bad"
Ok would stay again
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
Explore
satisfactory in all aspects
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"Would certainly choose again"
My boyfriend and I definitely enjoyed our stay at this hotel for a number of reasons. It was only a few short miles from the beach, had a delightful morning breakfast, a nice little pool, and--for me--a great workout room. We also enjoyed the fact that there was a Shoprite right next to the hotel for us to grab some late-night goodies and that the surrounding area had plenty of dinner choices. Even though we only stayed one night, it was worth it. I definitely wish we could have stayed another night, but next time we go down we will definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
"A great stay"
I enjoyed my visit :)
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Average price, nothing special.."
Booked for 4 nights, first room had bad mildew smell.. Room change was not a problem, how ever second room had a strong perfume smell that could hide a dead body.. Besides that, clean, and good location..
4 night business trip Jul 15, 2013
"Shopping, Racetrack, Beach - Trifecta!!!"
Whatever you want - sports action (Monmouth Park), good shopping, beautiful beaches - it's here. The crazy provisions for making turns from major streets is confusing and takes getting used to, but that's not the hotel's fault. Nice shopping centers & restaurants nearby. Free breakfast is very limited if you don't do carbs: powdered eggs standing in liquid, and half-cooked sausages every day. But the coffee was pretty good & carafes replenished frequently. My room was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Beds sagged a bit around the springs & my back hurt. Nice to have upholstered armchair when dressing, but needed a higher back for comfort. Microwave and small fridge were a nice touch. Air conditioner worked well, water pressure in shower was good. Overall, glad I stayed here.
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
Eileen
Very clean and comfortable. Easily accessible. Excellent customer service. Breakfast dining was clean and well stocked.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Christine
"Okay as long as you don't need internet or cell"
Very frustrating for a business traveler in that the hotel's wifi network was not working properly and cell service was so poor that tethering was not an option in the room, either. It was hard enough just trying to make phone calls without dropping. I had to move my vehicle to the front lot where the signal was marginally better and conduct business sitting in the car. Hotel's tech support acknowledged there was a problem with their wifi access point and said it would be fixed in about an hour. More than 12 hrs later when I checked out, it was still broken.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2013
"Holiday Inn Express"
The first night the air conditioner in my room was not working, I told the staff and it was fixed by the morning. My only complaint is that the housekeeping staff was rude. I was in the elevator with 2 maids and one needed to get off on the floor before me, I moved so she could exit and before I got back on the second maid closed the door making me wait 5 minutes with my toddler for the elevator to come back.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Christina
"Pleasant accomodations"
Staff extremely helpful. Public areas and room very clean and kept up well.
4 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Meets Your Needs"
If you're looking for an affordable and convenient stay on the Jersey Shore, this hotel is that location
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
It was way over priced that's the one thing I wouldn't recommend. It's pretty far from bars and clubs and beaches and the cabs are expensive. Stay closer to asbury park
Romance trip Jun 3, 2013
Katarina
"Quiet clean and comfortable, no frills"
Stayed in large suite, comfortable, with appliances and not one but two large TVs. This is not a new mcmansion-style hotel (which I find a plus) but it does mean that you get relatively noisy individual airconditioning below the windows. It is also not right on the water if that is a consideration but it is only a few minutes' drive. The biggest problem we had was that the address #294 Highway 36 East# confused the GPS and landed us at the Mattress Giant on 36W and Rt35! It is actually located on the right well past the mall on 36E. Sunday breakfast was busy but adequate, scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuit were freshly made but a long line for the one pancake machine. Decent cocktails/sushi/pasta at Bogart's on Hope a couple of miles down 36W - lots of mall/chain places nearby, did not check out the tavern next door.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Sam
"Good for families"
Nice location,near many major roads. Clean & comfortable.
Other trip May 29, 2013
"Great for a getaway!"
It was a great place to stay, breakfast was good and the pool is great!
Other trip May 21, 2013
bonnie
"Sweet Stay"
Great staff, clean, comfortable rooms.
2 night business trip May 8, 2013
Dan M
"Decent place to stay"
It was a strizzy place to stay. It ain't no high class joint, but for a last minute stay, the cost was not ridiculous. I'd recommend folk stay here. It aint a dungeon. LOL
Other trip May 10, 2013
"Holiday express stay"
Everyone was pleasant and ready to help us. The rooms were clean.
Other trip Mar 28, 2013
"Good Hotel"
Room was clean, staff was friendly and prompt. Continental breakfast was average and price was right! The pool wasn't superb but my husband and I still swam in it and enjoyed it. The only annoyance was that the temperature control was screwy so it got a little chilly at night. As long as you aren't too picky, this hotel is pretty good for the price.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
"a let down"
unfortuanetly it was a let down - our shower did not work (handle was stripped) and extremely noisy ... when checking out told clerk how loud it was across the hall from us (late at night after we returned from a show) and he replied that there were like 10 kids staying in a room - find that totally unacceptable - and don't like the fact that the clerk said i needed to talk to someone at Hotels.com versus the hotel taking responsibility and fixing the problem ...
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
"convenient to Pier Village and the beach"
The King Suite that I stayed in was clean, large enough for my needs with a seperate bedroom, which is a must for me. The price was quite reasonable for staying in a suite.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2013
"NEVER AGAIN"
I booked a smoking room two months prior to the wedding I planned to attend. Upon arrival, one hour prior to the wedding, I was informed there were no smoking rooms available. I spent more time standing outside in the snow than I spent in my room. Will definately not return
1 night trip Jan 5, 2013