All hotels in Rome, Italy
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereVia Dei Coronari 14, Rome, RM, 00186, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Address 236"
Because it is an apartment, you can't expect the same service as hotel, but people are nice and helpful. It is in central location, very convenient. Room is good size and clean, but very basically furnished, no safe, bathroom has no countertop.
3 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2014
Great location. We booked this hotel for a good price and weren't too sure what we would get. Right in the middle of everything. Clean and comfortable. Would love to stay there again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
sarah
"Cozy in Rome"
We had a quiet, tiny room. I accidentally requested a double bed but only listed single occupancy, so my husband and i shared a very small squeaky bed, but otherwise everything was great. Perfect location. Being steps from Piazza Navona and a 2 minute stroll to Campo Di Fiore couldn't be beat.
4 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2014
Fun in Rome
The guest house is located at the best possible location in Rome. In the center of the most common places to visit - The Vatican, Piazza Navona, The Coloseum, The Trevi fountain and The Spanish steps. When you step out of the guest house, your'll find yourself in narrow streets and passages. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It's a nice little guest house with 10 rooms. Some of the rooms are small. Unfortunately we got the small rooms, and the beds in those rooms was not as comfortable as you would expect when you look at the pictures from the guest house. You have 3 possible places to have your breakfast just nearby the guest house. You'll get a voucher for the breakfast.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Need new bed"
The location of the hotel is fabulous. Very close to major attractions. HOWEVER, they put part of our party in their building across the street. I didnt even know this was going to be a possibility. They gave us no access to that building so it was not good. Our sons alarm did not go off twice so we had no way to get to him. Therefore we had to contact hotel staff to come let us in. They came within 10 min. So very quick. But we should not have had that problem to begin with. The beds need to be replaced. I think the mattress was changed during the Roman times. In addition, the bed was very squeaky. So you couldn't even turn over without waking your spouse.
4 night trip May 17, 2014
"Great location but limited services"
This residence is in the heart of Rome right next to great restaurants and shops and all the best sights and shopping. The room is very nice and cozy but our shower had black mold in it (wear flip flops!). The problem with this type of lodging is that it is located in a pedestrian only area so off-loading our luggage and/or parking our rental car was impossible and of course there is no valet or porter to help you lug your luggage upstairs and through the cobble stone alleys (this is a big inconvenience) especially since the closest parking garage is about 3 blocks away... but it's worth it to be in that area if you can handle that stress.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2014
Breakfest tokens are provided for use at nearby cafe. It was very nice and tasty!
2 night trip Apr 29, 2014
"Great Location, Breakfast Disappointing"
This guesthouse is a great value for location and room condition. You are within easy walking distance of most tourist attractions if you don't mind walking. We were at the Vatican within 10 minutes and at the Coliseum within 15 or 20. My only complaint is that the hotel advertises that breakfast is included. Technically, that's true, but realistically, it's not. We were given coupons for a local cafe where we could take breakfast. I didn't mind going out for breakfast, and it was a very nice walk, so that wasn't a problem. My issue was that when we arrived at the cafe, the coupon covered a croissant, juice, and coffee per person. When you are traveling with a teenage boy, one plain croissant doesn't cover breakfast. Just expanding the breakfast menu to include more than one pastry and maybe a piece of fruit or some meat and cheese or maybe a yogurt would make a huge difference. We ended up purchasing additional food every morning which was unanticipated and slightly annoying. I think it would be an easy thing to fix. Other than that, we couldn't have been more pleased with the value for money. I would definitely stay again; I'd stay more happily if breakfast were upgraded!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Lee
"Excellent Experience"
Our stay at Residenza Domizia was Excellent. The room was absolutely charming and had all the character of Italy you could look for. The room that we stayed in was the Piazza Nauva and was perfect., Also the hotel is in an excellent location very close to all the action of Rome. In fact most hotels in this same location were at least double the cost. The service was great. Each day they came in and cleaned and brought new towels, shampoo, etc. My wife and I were very pleased with the room. So if you are looking for a great little hotel in Rome I think this one will do nicely.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2014
Excellent accommodation and location. A notice to patrons to maintain low noise levels out of courtesy to the other guests would be desirable.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Internet did not normally work
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
"Excellent Bargain"
Really nice room and superb bathroom. Only problem is due to location on main street with lots of foot traffic, our room on ground floor afforded no privacy unless we closed curtains. Minor inconvenience. Part-time concierges VERY helpful and friendly. Great location in centro storico.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Dynamite Location for our 3-Night Intro to Rome"
Although other raters comment re varied locations, ours (at 36 via Dei Coronari / across and down block from hotel entrance) worked out very well for us. The location is perfect - walk to the Vatican and Castel St. Angelo, 1.5 blocks from Piazza Navona, and our 2 rooms were across hall from each other in a very secure apartment building (3 locked doors from street). Rooms were clean and big; showers tight (like many) but I'd stay there again to be close to the action. Good AC - Wi-Fi was OK, too, and we enjoyed the voucher-at-bar breakfast deal - no gripes there at all. As others probably note, location, location, location!
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
Dennis W
"Perfect distance from the Trevino"
After several shining reviews of this place, I decided to book this place for my grandmother and I for our stay in Rome. What they don't tell you is that the stairs are a huge burden for tired and exhausted travelers and a 72 year old elderly woman to walk up everyday. Minor setback, so I'll continue. We were "warmly" welcome by a lady at the front. My Italian is not great, but as a desk receptionist I assumed they would be accommodating for all. Moving along. Finally, we made it to our room. The room was very clean and the perfect vision of an Italian getaway. It was smaller than I'm used to, but it was no problem to us. We had a window to the street which was perfect. The guy that works during the day was very nice and offered me his converter charger for my iPhone. He was nice, helpful, and very accommodating. The other staff was the same. The major downfall was the breakfast which included a croissant/sweet roll and cappuccino and juice that I had to walk to a snack bar to obtain. The highlight, however, did trump the bad. I enjoyed the room, it was exactly what I was looking for. They kept it clean and besides the rude lady, the staff took great care of us. We were in close proximity to the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon and there was a nice plaza around the corner that had gelato, tourist attractions, and restaurants for days!! I would recommend this place for several reasons: it's a great location to the city, nice authentic Italian rooms, and the perfect view at night.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
Jerica
"Great Location and Comfortable"
Residenza Domizia is housed in three seperate buildings. We stayed in the one near the river Tiber. Location was great, room was claen and the breakfast served by the Cafe was adequate to begin our day. The only draw back for us was that the front desk was sparcely manned. I tried to call the reception for instructions but the line did not work. Had to leave the keys in the room when leaving. The main reception is in a building about 1/2 a mile away. The rating above is for our building. It has only five units. The steel frame beds squeeked upon movement, but they were comfortable.
3 night family trip Sep 10, 2013
This is a delightful place to stay in the centre of Rome. We were in a building opposite Castel San Angelo, a little way from the main building of the Residenza where we had stayed before, but both are great locations and the rooms are lovely. All the staff were very charming.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Good value and good location"
I was looking for a hotel near Piazza Navona without spending too much. Overall, this hotel was exactly what you would expect for what you pay. It's in a good area, but the street is more like an alley way and can be hard to find when returning home late at night. The receptionists are friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but the bathroom was small and the walls were very thin and our neighbors could hear us. I would recommend this place to someone looking for a clean and moderately priced hotel in a great area of Rome.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Great hotel. Poor wifi"
The only thing about this hotel is the lack of wifi in the room I was staying I think it was called palazzo spanolo or something similar but the rest of the hotel seem to get great wifi. And besides that the rooms are probably the cleanest and better taken care of that I've found in my travels through Italy
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
"No frills, right next to Piazza Navona"
The room was simple, but the bed was comfortable enough, the desk and wardrobe more than adequate, and the bathroom much better than a lot of places in Italy (i.e., it had a real stand-up shower with a door). There was no view out the windows, but the location is only a couple of blocks from the Piazza Navona, which made it incredibly useful for me, as I had a conference at a nearby university.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"Excellent location! Beautiful area!"
This was my first time to Rome and my husband's second time. We enjoyed very much our stay because the place is very unique and the people at the administration office are outstanding! Because of its prime location we never needed public transportation or taxi to move around visiting places! The only time we took a taxi was when we went to the airport. One thing I was not pleased with was one of the choices the office gave us for breakfast (cafe "Presidente" ). I was there only twice ( out of 5 days) because the staff was not very friendly at all. Instead we went to cafe"Nero" which is approximately two blocks farther but it was worth to walk the extra distance. Over all it was a great experience and I definitely would recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
Roxana
"No bathtub"
Even though the hotels.com description said there would be a bathtub and ceiling fan, they were not there. The room was warm and I couldn't control the AC and since the room faced a very busy street, I couldn't open the window at night so the ceiling fan would have been nice. Other than that, a nice stay.
4 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"Disappointment in Rome"
Booked hotel months in advance specifically to use my Rewards and for its location. Upon arrival we were taken directly to an "annex" location. There the room was at street level, could not leave a window open due to street noise and lack of privacy. Room was exceptionally small (bathroom was larger than sleeping area). The staff, however, was exceptionally nice and helpful. The location for what we wanted to see was a good location, but being at street level was not conducive to sleeping. Provided breakfast was a 5 minute walk to an interim cafe location, which turned out to be closed on Sunday. - Disappointing.
3 night romance trip Apr 19, 2013
Bruce
The location was a bit difficult to find but once located it was found to be in a very nice area, with lots of good restaurants and shops. It is walking distance to many of the attractions and a bus stop is right around the corner. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was typical for Italy in this price range.
3 night trip Apr 8, 2013
Residenza Domizia was in the perfect location for my stay - close to all the things I wanted to see and do. They handled my late arrival easily, and the staff were always pleasant and helpful. The bed was a bit on the old side, but really, after walking Rome for 12 hours or so, I barely noticed.
5 night trip Mar 10, 2013
BobG
"Cute and close to top sites"
Cute room, lovely spacious bathroom, and really great location! Only complain was that Wifi didn't work in the room so we had to stand in the hallway but other than that, really nice place!
4 night trip Mar 3, 2013
"Terrific Location"
Helpful staff, tidy rooms, not necessarily 5-star mattresses
14 night trip Jan 3, 2013
we loved it. we could walk everywhere and the street was charming. Our taxi was able to drop us off right in front of the hotel. Not sure they can do that in peak season. But in January it was not a problem. The room was charming. We had a slight plumbing problem but they fixed it immediately. It is more a guest house than a hotel. We loved out little cafe down the street where we got our morning breakfast. I can't say enough about the location. It was fantastic.
3 night trip Jan 8, 2013
"Perfect Location"
Very convenient location in the middle of the city. Perfect for seeing all the sights. Accomadations are perfect to get some good rest in between walking the streets. Tucked in a quiet street around the corner from Piazza Novana.
4 night romance trip Sep 2, 2012
"Solid hotel at a great location"
Great location near Piazza Navona; the room was solid; they pushed two twin beds together to form the "double", but it was comfortable; the only downside was thin walls leading to plenty of noise from the halls and outside street traffic.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"a touch of old Italy"
First of all, these people were AMAZING! They spent hours helping us get our lost luggage from Alitalia. They went out of their way EVERYTIME we needed help. Thomas and Vido were so helpful, patient and cared about our problems. The location was so great. Everyone seemed to know the 'street of antiquities'. It is 10 minutes from the Vatican, clean, old Italy and about as much charm as you could want or imagine. This is not a modern hotel, but a place you might have stayed at 80 years ago. A step back in time. LOVED IT!
2 night trip Sep 4, 2012
The hotel was on a very nice area and no loud traffic in the area. The rooms vere wery nice but I miss the hotelbreakfast that is the greatest moment on a trip. No we went to nearby bar and had a coupon and we got juice, coffe and a croissant. The place was very nice but small and crowded. The best thing was Piazza Navona around the corner and all the nice restaurants in the narrow streets in the area. I would like to go back there.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
We were in Rome for 3 nights before leaving on a cruise. We had never been to Rome before so this was a pefrect location to get to almost everything - around the corner from Piazza Navona and a 10 minute walk to the Vatican, Pantheon, etc. Its not luxurious but its very clean. The only negatives were (i) its a guest house so nobody mans the front desk in the evening, (ii) the satellite didn't work well so we got didn't get the usual English speaking channels (BBC and CNN) - only Italian, and (iii) the showers are small. But its very reasonably priced, in a great area and has a charm to it. Would definitely stay again.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2012
E
"great option in Rome"
Had a great stay here. Very clean and safe. In a nice neighborhood, very close to Piazza Navona. Not near the Metro, although few hotels are. Would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2012
Ryan

"Convenient hotel close to many tourist sights"
It's a simple guesthouse, with very basic facilities. Though our stay included breakfast, we could not have the breakfast at the hotel; but rather we had to walk 1-2 minutes to get to their designated cafes to use the breakfast coupons - we didn't mind this too much, but the breakfast only included a croissant, a cup of orange juice and a coffee... As for their staff, the guy at the evening shift was very friendly and helpful, but the other two in the morning were quite rude. They kept me waiting twice just to keep chatting...and that sort of offended me. (I'm not that difficult!) In our hotel room, there was 'disclaimer' warning us that they're not responsible for whatever that is been lost or stolen in the room, but when we actually asked them to keep some of our valuables at the desk, they laughed and told us: "Don't worry, it will be fine! Nothing like this has ever happened. Enjoy your room!" Well ok, you got us worried at first...
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Mira
"Solid Recommendation"
We enjoyed our stay at this "guest house"/hotel. The staff were very helpful, the room was very clean w/fresh towels and a towel warmer (!), modern facilities, but still in keeping with "Roma" style and the location was great as the taxi and bus area were right down the street and the proximity to a wonderful piazza, restaurants and shops couldn't be beat. The view from the windows was lacking as they overlooked the air conditioner, but that is something that couldn't be helped and the walls must be quite thin as we could hear a lot of noise from the next room (i.e. toilet flushing, t.v.), but on the whole, this was a great place to settle in for a few days.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Sandra Harper
"Simple but perfectly placed"
Comfortable, somewhat no frills (take your own toiletries), we were accommodated in the building opposite the main flat accessed by combination on street door and keys inside. The room was clean and cleaned daily (be careful what you leave out, a t-shirt and underwear were disposed of by the zealous cleaners!) A simple but satisfactory breakfast can be obtained from a choice of three charming coffee shops in the delightful Via dei Coronari. It's proximity to the historic centre makes it a value choice. If arriving late make sure you obtain the combination for the main building otherwise I'm not sure how you would obtain access. Similarly, if you forgot your combination or key outside of hours you might find yourself spending the night on a stone bench in the nearby Piazza Navona.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Kilburncat
"Excellent location. Surprisingly quiet."
Television remote conbtgroller did not work after the first night, Even though I mentioned it at reception, I was merely told that they knew it was broiken but it was not fixed. There was a malfunctioning cistern in a toilet that reception was informed about but was not fixed. Other than that, there was loittle to complain of, and the superb central location made up for these defects.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Nice small hotel in great location"
I stayed in Rome 6 nights and this hotel was exactly what I needed. Excellent location - I could walk everywhere. It's very close to Piazza Navona, the Vatican and St. Angel's castle. Many other sights are walking distance as well. The room was an Ok size for Europe and clean. Most of the staff spoke English and were friendly enough. There is no breakfast room/kitchen at the hotel, so I had to get breakfast at one of 3 local cafes. If worked well for me, but could be a problem for people who like American breakfast. Overall it was a good experience.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Nat
"Quaint, Great location, no comfort"
The location within central Rome was great! We were able to walk to the Vatican, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain...we were tired though. The room itself was not comfortable. The mattress was old and creaky bed and small. The shower was super tiny so don't drop the soap! The room was clean. The bathroom was new. The refrigerator does not make things cold. Is that a European thing? TV is ALL Italian so didn't bother. WiFi is free and had to be rebooted but it worked fine. Great little "street" with breakfast in a cafe. The further cafe was much better with seating. Take your chances but don't expect reception help after hours because this is a "guest house" not a hotel.
Response by Residenza Domizia- Guest House
Dear Guest, we are extremely glad to realize that you lived such as good experience in Piazza Navona location. we are changing all the mattresses to provide to our kind guests a comfortable stay at Residenza Domizia. Thank you for choosing us and for your review about the whole experience, Your review will be definitely important to improve on all the aspects that you have listed. Kindest Regards, Tommaso Scotto di Luzio
4 night family trip Feb 27, 2014
Carl
"enjoyable stay but mis-advertised"
I have mixed feelings about this guest house. I enjoyed my time there and it is well situated. It was easy to find and the late-entry process worked well. I was put into a small, dark room the first night but managed to get moved to a good, light, large room for the rest of my stay. But they incorrectly advertise. They say: “The private bathroom has a bathtub with a handheld showerhead, as well as bathrobes and slippers. Air conditioning, a ceiling fan, and a safe are among the conveniences offered.” In fact, some rooms have tubs and some have showers. There were no bathrobes and slippers, and I saw no fans. The safe is at the desk and thus unusable as the desk is not always open. They say: “Free breakfast is brought to your room each morning.” In fact, you are given tickets and have a choice of three different local cafes. This suited me well as I got a chance to sample different cafes - even though what was included in the ticket price was limited to a croissant, juice and coffee or tea. I don’t expect, or want, bathrobes and slippers or breakfast in my room – so why mis-advertise?
4 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"good accommodation"
Location is great for seeing major attraction...or easy bus ride away. Room we had was prob a bit too small for 3 nights - not that you should be in your room while in Rome anyway! Breakfast was a voucher at a cafe which wasnt open early enough for us but would be fine if not early risers! Would stay here again but would pay more for larger room. Oh no elevator so one flight of stairs...no a big problem.
3 night business trip Aug 17, 2013
NZ
"Residenza Domizia"
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Rome. The location was perfect a few minutes from the Piazza Navona and Campo De Fiori. The room was spacious and had a large bathroom with a welcome mini fridge and tea and coffee facilities. The Vatican is also around a10 minute walk away. The only problem we experienced here was checking in as did a few other people who we had to provide with a contact number to ring to gain entrance onto the property. Anyone srriving aftet 4pm should ring ahead to check how to book in. Despite this I wouldnt hesitste in recommending this small hotel which was perfect fir our stay in Rome. Loved it
4 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Liz C
Good locate, good service, really clean. Would recommend it.
3 night trip May 12, 2013
jorge
"a real gem at the top of the Spanish Steps"
I was originally booked to stay at Residenzia Domizia near Piazza Navona but when I arrived they had plumbing issues. They cabbed me to another one of their hotels on Via Gregoriana at the top of the Spanish Steps. What a gem! Though the manager Leticia only speaks Italian it was not a barrier to having an excellent 4 night stay. The room and adjoining ensuite were clean and quite well appointed. Breakfast was around the corner and started every day on a positive note. Leticia even arranged for Mauricio to shuttle me to the airport on time and quite efficiently. I will stay there anytime-Residenza Domizia Smart Design gets an excellent rating from me.
4 night trip May 6, 2013
"Rezidenza Domizia-Sant-Angelo location"
I left an item in the room and the staff was most helpful in getting it back to me after we left. I preferred having the coupon for breakfast at the Cafe next door to having breakfast in the hotel. We were able to experience more of the local culture each morning than simply dining with other tourists. Because there is no front desk at this location and most of the staff we encountered at this spot did not speak english, I wouldn't recommend this location for an inexperienced traveller. However, if you have a good travel book and are confident in new places, it is perfect.
Other trip Nov 10, 2012
Cathie
"great location"
overall good; good food and weather was kind; lighting in hotel room was poor and no mention of steep steps up to entrance of residence. TV reception was also poor
Romance trip Oct 5, 2012
"Amazing location , comfortable room"
I found this hotel on this website and I must say I was pleased. It hasn't got the bells and whistles like top hotels may have. But for me the location was the key element. If you want a lavish hotel room then stay elsewhere. I used this room as a base to explore Rome and you can get to most attractions within 15 minutes walking. My only critism is the breakfast , they give you these tokens where u can spend at a nearby cafe. All your allowed is a drink and a croissant . To me that's not a breakfast and you certainly need the fuel to explore this wonderful city. For the price and location this is a great find and recommend it, I certainly will be using them again when I go back out, hope you found this review useful.
Other trip Sep 5, 2012
Ryan9655

"Não é um hotel"
Na chegado tivemos de trocar de lugar pois o hotel reservado teve problema de infiltração . Aliás, não é um hotel, pois não há recepção durante todo o tempo. Se vc chegar após 15h00 dormirá na rua. Para o café da manhã vc recebe um voucher para comer em uma cafeteira próxima sem opções além de um café um croassaint e um suco. Mas a localização é soberba
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
antonio
BR
"Trip to Roma"
We were to couples that stayed in Roma four days. The location was very god.It was clean and it was quiet. We will recommend this guest house.
3 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Marina Isabella
"situation géographique intéressante."
Ce petit hôtel en étage, correspond à un appartement qui a été transformé. Aussi la taille des chambres est très variable, certaines étant assez exiguës. La situation géographique de cette résidence est très intéressante (environ 400m de la Piazza Navona).
Other trip Nov 28, 2014