All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
15 West 45th Street, New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

The staff were great they were very accommodating. I called ahead and asked for a playpen for infant. They had to switch our room and we ended up with an upgrade. I think to fit the playpen, not sure. Anyway we lost the second bed and had to use the sofa bed. The sofa that pulls out to a bed was horrible. I didn't sleep well but baby was good. Overall it was a good stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment on you recent stay with us. WE look forward to having you with us again.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Dorothy
"Near the action small rooms"
Small rooms, enough for 2 double beds with no view, you see the back ally, other than that everything was good. Near the action. Parking was on the next street costs $50 a day but you park once only if you take your car out and bring it back you will pay again. Breakfast was good. Friendly employees.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Mohamad
"great location check reservation"
They overbooked our first night after a 13 hour travel day. They sent us to another hotel which didnt have a room with two beds either, my son had to sleep on the floor. Very ticked off to pit it mildly. So double check your reservation.hotel is in an awesome location for sight seeing and hotel tried to make ammends for first night.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comments, please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused at check in. We hope we can regain your trust in the near future.
5 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Dean
"My last week NYC vacations."
Stayed week of July 13. Eliezer and Holiday Inn staff were helpful, kind, gave lot of hints of how to wee all the city. The hotel is very close to time square and Broadway. Definitely will stay again on this Hotel. Thank you guys. You Rock!
5 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Gregorio
"Family vacation"
Five night stay family vacation. Hotel is centrally located, near Rockefeller Center, Time Square, Grand Central, etc. Short walk to subway. Hotel rooms are clean with individual heating / air conditioner controls. Comfortable and newer room furnishings but rooms are small. Very well stocked breakfast - eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal, fresh fruit, etc. Eat early to avoid the crowd. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend.
5 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Paid for double beds, but received a king size bed"
I paid for a double beds room, but I stayed in king size bed room. Your company owes me a refund of $50+ for the double bed room.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
I arrived at the hotel late in the evening and was given the room right off of the lobby adjacent to the front desk and dining area. The TV didn't work and I had to wait for a technician to reset it at a very late hour. The room was fine until the early breakfast prep commenced in the dining area. The activity was noisy enough to roust me much earlier than I had planned. For $400 (with all of the taxes and fees thrown in), I would have expected a little better room location. The hotel was in a perfect location and was clean. The staff were very helpful. I quieter room would have made it a perfect stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that we were unable to provide you with a room in a different location. We do hope you can provide us with another opportunity in the future and let us regain your trust. Have a great day.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
The location was perfect the comfort of the bed and pillows can be better
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your wonderful comment. Have a great day! We hope to see you soon again.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
RHINA
"Not worth the amount charged."
Very small amount of room around kingsize bed. Only one chair. Breakfast area was so crowded that we skipped it. #1 feature is close to theaters and restaurants.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your most sincere comment.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Just Awful."
Just Awful... total ripoff at $600 a night.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
I do apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue. We strive to provide our guests the best in quality amenities and accommodations and we regret we did not meet this goal during your stay.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
Great very helpful at the front desk. Lower level needs stairs to get up to main lobby
Other trip May 10, 2015
"good location."
basics: 6 rooms per floor. tiny room by other city standards but adequate for NYC. cramped bathroom. no bedbugs(always be vigilant about checking though). no "view" to speak of. Pros: excellent location. 2 blocks west of times square; close enough to safely walk but far enough away to be quiet. breakfast was good, covered the basics so you didnt have to venture out if you didnt want. a lot of restaurants & bars nearby. Cons: small room with an even smaller bathroom but if all you were doing was coming back to sleep then youd be fine. if youve traveled to NYC b4 and can navaigate the subway system, times square is the closest/easiest to get to. if commuting to/from airport, 42nd @ Bryant park best place to catch 7 train, short walk or cab ride needed.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay while in New York City.
Other trip May 6, 2015
3 single women
"NYC/Time Square visit"
Perfect location, close to everything we wanted to do and see at NYC. Hotel staff very helpful, will definitely stay there again on our next trip.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
Visal
"Our place to stay in NYC"
Room was comfortable and clean. Large walk in shower. Breakfast was outstanding. Bus from Penn Station stops a block away and at to corner returning to train. Great places to eat steps away. Only 6 rooms per floor so no long walks. Nice walk to Rockerfeller Center and Ed Sullivan theater and B'way theaters and Times Square.
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Lloyd
"clean and tucked away"
staff was nice and pleasant. rooms were small but very clean. went past the place twice because it is tucked away.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We welcome the opportunity of having you as our guest in the near future again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
squeaky
"nice hotel"
the hotel was nice but the location is terrible. im assuming it was trash day on monday because when i checked in on Saturday there was trash outside the hotel which was really off putting. otherwise, the room was clean and the staff had excellent customer service. i would stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We apologize for the impression of the outside of the hotel due to the trash from the building next door. We have addressed it. Thank you
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
hyniah
"Great Staff!"
Hotel staff was so nice and so helpful with everything I need. Rooms are clean. Coffee and tea is available 24/7. I would really recommend this to friends visiting New York.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver another excellent service. Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
heidi
"The location is the best part of this hotel"
My first room, #101, was like a storage closet with a king size bed. It was across the hall from a real storage room and very noisy in the morning as the hotel staff prepared for breakfast in the lobby. The staff even agreed that this room should not be a hotel room yet I paid full price for this room for one night. The carpet in the hallways was much nicer than the hard, indoor outdoor carpet in the rooms. For the price, and I acknowledge it is NYC prices, there is much that can be done to make the hotel a more comfortable, pleasing experience.The space provided to eat from the breakfast buffet was much too narrow and small making it necessary to eat in our room. BUT -- The staff was very accommodating and moved us, the second day, to the 14th floor where the room was much better.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
S
"Location, location, location"
Great location, very close to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza and Metro stations. Rooms are very tiny, looks like architectes went the extra mile to squeeze every little space. There is literally less than one quarter of an inch allowance for every door to open. Pretty tight space for a family, maybe better for couples. Breakfast was ok. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Traveler
"Nice hotel close to Time square."
Very good for the money, clean, friendly staff. Free breakfast is a plus.
"Worth it"
It was short trip to Newyork and I stay there,, perfect location,, staff was ok ,, it with it what u paid,, not that expensive,, you are at Manhattan
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon again.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
tim
The hotel was nice,close to everything, the only thing I din't like was the lobby and they serve the breakfast in the lobby, that to me was terrible.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"....."
Pleasant location . Pleasant staff . Very unpleasant breakfast room !!!! and lobby
4 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
Edouard
"Very pleased"
The location was great, this country girl felt very safe here. It's close to Times Square. The staff was excellent and courteous and the breakfast was great. Definitely would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
Bethanie
"Great location and breakfast."
Great location and great breakfast. Otherwise mid-rating, but would stay again.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Marsha
"NYC Business trip"
Went with HI Express since I am a Gold member and like to accumulate points however this stay was mediocre at best. Front desk staff barely acknowledged me when checking in and had a bit of an attitude. Room was smallest I have been in in all my travels. Tiny. Sheets had marks on them and carpet had multiple stains.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"one night stay..."
Just a quick night stay due to cancelled flight... Hotel was fine, breakfast was just ok... Location great...
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Very Good Hotel! It is pretty nice. Its location is really good
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Pedro
"Nice for price."
Small like all of NYC hotels but very clean.Also a very attentive staff. Special thanks to the guest services rep who had a comb to us in less than 5 minutes. Breakfast was nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your kind comment. We hope to se eyoua gain soon.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Good location, but little else"
Hotel location is great, a couple of blocks from Time Square and the price for the location was right. Other than that... it is definitively not at the level of other Holyday Inn Express I have been too. The lobby was nonexistent and crowded most of the day by people just "hanging" in there. During the day the elevators were monopolized by the service folks (waited almost 10 minutes to get to my room). The breakfast was... well, let's say it just was there!
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Denis
"Awesome hotel"
The hotel was very clean. Staff very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"ok hotel, great location"
Ok hotel. Great location. The room was small, clean and quiet. No frills. Just a room. Had no issues with it.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Mollie
"Nice hotel, close to Times Square and Broadway"
My husband and I stayed here during snowmageddon 2015. Despite the city shutting down at 11 pm, the hotel staff made sure everything remained status quo. Breakfast was still made and rooms were still cleaned. Overall it was a great hotel.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
nicole
"service and value"
Excellent service for a great price. Staff was friendly and anticipated my needs.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2015
"decent price for the location, good service"
central location, free wifi and breakfast, friendly service
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Simon
"Compact Hotel"
We wanted a hotel in the theater district and this Holiday Inn Express was perfect. King size bed, nice shower with unending hot water and a great complimentary breakfast. The hotel lobby and breakfast area is very compact and utilitarian but gets the job done. There are 22 floors with about six rooms on each floor. Not your grand sweeping hotel but I really liked the price and location and would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
WILLIAM
"Recommended."
First ever trip to NYC and I'm going to say the convenience of the hotel was superb. Wasn't expecting full ammenities compared to the higher priced rooms, but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was small, which I had realized from looking around at other places. The parking was at central parking on the street behind the hotel, $35/day. The complementary breakfast was also better than expected. If I travel in to the city again, I will for sure stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"Good Place to Stay on Business"
Have stayed here before so this last trip was very comforting knowing what to expect in my hotel stay. It's so nice to have a bit of breakfast before heading to my meeting. Would stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you so much for your comment. We are so happy to have you as a return guest. We hope to see you again in the future. HAve a great day.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"Excellent location NYC"
Small room but complete. Would repeat because of location. Walked everywhere. Two blocks Grand Central, Times Square, etc. If you just need a place to sleep and have breakfast this is the place.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you so much for your comment. We hope to see you again very soon.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
mr jones
"Mistake"
The hotel was overbooked and there was no one available to help us. Tourist trap that we will never stay at again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered upon your arrival. We hope we can make it up to you in the future.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Outstanding Service"
From the moment we got there the staff was wonderful,and helpful. We were early and they took our bags and check them in until it was time to check in. This gave us a chance to go out a little and explore. One piece of advice if you are going to see the ball drop in Times Square.. Be there early and plan on not going to the bathroom or eating all day long. They will not let you get out of the corrals that they put you in for any reason or you will not be able to get back in.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your recent comment regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that you brought in the new year with us. We hope to see you soon again.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Ramona
"Great little hotel, perfect location."
Our stay was good, we enjoyed it very much. Location was perfect, everything you could hope for. The breakfast was excellent, having pancakes, sausages, fruits, and different choices was above our expectations, also having staff that spoke my language(Spanish) was a plus. I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Ingrid B
"Good location, okay hotel"
This was in perfect walking distance to Time Square. The rooms are very small and the beds were not the most comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Ashley
"Where's my 2 beds?"
Reserved and needed a room with two beds, but no such room was available on arrival. Was told that there was nothing that could be done.
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
"Hotel in a convenient spot."
Overall nice stay but, there was only one negative experience. There was a short Spanish/Puerto Rican bag man in his mid 30s that when spoken to in his language said he didn't speak spanish but, when a nice looking, lady spoke to him in Spanish he was very fluent. It's a shame that they hire someone that doesn't realize that his actions could hurt the hotel. I'm a Puerto rican business man and know that his actions can and will hurt the business.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. We are sorry for any misunderstanding you had with any of our team members. Rest assured we will address it accordingly. Have a great day.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Angel
"Nice hotel, free breakfast"
Overall I liked this hotel. The room was very clean and seemed well maintained. The staff didn't seem interested in helping at times. An example was when I called asking if there was a drinking fountain to get water and they flat out said no, that there was just a juice machine with water but I can only access it during breakfast. The upside is new York tap water tastes very good. The next issue I had was with the bed. Since the room is so incredibly small the bed is also smaller than expected. It seemed to be a perfect square like a king bed, but was only around 5 1/2 feet long. My 6' tall boyfriend had to have his feet hanging all the way off the bed. The last thing I didn't like was the smell of the towels. I think they were clean but they smelled horrible of white citrus, which was the smell of everything else in the bathroom, as well as a musty dust smell. Other than that it was a good hotel and would probably go again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for such a nice comment regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon again. Happy New Year!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"ok Hotel"
ok, nothing special
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment- we hope to see you soon again.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Hotel that goes the extra mile."
Christmas gift to my family of eight ranging in age from 4 to 72. Every thing was excellent including staff who were most accommodating. Just one of many examples. While waiting in the lobby for our ride back to Penn Station,staff were setting up for their holiday dinner trying to work their way through four rambunctious boys. The four year old looked on longingly when a suited gentleman asked if he would like some taco chips. My grandson's smile could not have been brighter if Santa had asked if he would like gifts for Christmas. We all agreed that we would return and recommend this hotel to others.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for this wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue. I will absolutely share your awesome comments with our team members. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay! Have a happy and prosperous New Year!
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Beverly K.
"Conveniently located budget hotel."
This hotel is in a good location, walking distance from many of the sights. Like all NY hotels it is small. I stayed in a hotel last year that was $120 more a night and it wasn't much larger than this room so you just expect small in NY. The bathroom seemed to have been remodeled more recently than the rest of the room so it was nice and they kept it clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The sheets were a little thread-bare, the carpet was old and stained and the chair in the room was very stained and dirty-looking. We were in an interior room (the view from our window was the top of another building and the building across the way). While the view was awful, it made for a quiet room, which is nice in such a busy city. The WiFi didn't really work in the room, nor could I get a cell phone signal. So while there were several cons to the room, I expected that given the price. If you want to save some money in a very expensive city then lower your expectations and this is a decent hotel. I travel a lot on business and am usually picky about hotels but when you are in cities like NY and London you just have to change your expectations or pay a fortune.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Dear Guest, Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future again. Have a great day!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Judy
Location wad GREAT! Room was rather small. Staff awesome!
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014