All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Breakfast is average
    Uncomfortable
    Poor vibe
"nice hotel"
the hotel was nice but the location is terrible. im assuming it was trash day on monday because when i checked in on Saturday there was trash outside the hotel which was really off putting. otherwise, the room was clean and the staff had excellent customer service. i would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
hyniah
"Great Staff!"
Hotel staff was so nice and so helpful with everything I need. Rooms are clean. Coffee and tea is available 24/7. I would really recommend this to friends visiting New York.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
heidi
"The location is the best part of this hotel"
My first room, #101, was like a storage closet with a king size bed. It was across the hall from a real storage room and very noisy in the morning as the hotel staff prepared for breakfast in the lobby. The staff even agreed that this room should not be a hotel room yet I paid full price for this room for one night. The carpet in the hallways was much nicer than the hard, indoor outdoor carpet in the rooms. For the price, and I acknowledge it is NYC prices, there is much that can be done to make the hotel a more comfortable, pleasing experience.The space provided to eat from the breakfast buffet was much too narrow and small making it necessary to eat in our room. BUT -- The staff was very accommodating and moved us, the second day, to the 14th floor where the room was much better.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
S
"Location, location, location"
Great location, very close to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza and Metro stations. Rooms are very tiny, looks like architectes went the extra mile to squeeze every little space. There is literally less than one quarter of an inch allowance for every door to open. Pretty tight space for a family, maybe better for couples. Breakfast was ok. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Traveler
"Nice hotel close to Time square."
Very good for the money, clean, friendly staff. Free breakfast is a plus.
"Worth it"
It was short trip to Newyork and I stay there,, perfect location,, staff was ok ,, it with it what u paid,, not that expensive,, you are at Manhattan
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
tim
The hotel was nice,close to everything, the only thing I din't like was the lobby and they serve the breakfast in the lobby, that to me was terrible.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"....."
Pleasant location . Pleasant staff . Very unpleasant breakfast room !!!! and lobby
4 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
Edouard
"Very pleased"
The location was great, this country girl felt very safe here. It's close to Times Square. The staff was excellent and courteous and the breakfast was great. Definitely would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
Bethanie
"Great location and breakfast."
Great location and great breakfast. Otherwise mid-rating, but would stay again.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Marsha
"NYC Business trip"
Went with HI Express since I am a Gold member and like to accumulate points however this stay was mediocre at best. Front desk staff barely acknowledged me when checking in and had a bit of an attitude. Room was smallest I have been in in all my travels. Tiny. Sheets had marks on them and carpet had multiple stains.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"one night stay..."
Just a quick night stay due to cancelled flight... Hotel was fine, breakfast was just ok... Location great...
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Very Good Hotel! It is pretty nice. Its location is really good
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Pedro
"Nice for price."
Small like all of NYC hotels but very clean.Also a very attentive staff. Special thanks to the guest services rep who had a comb to us in less than 5 minutes. Breakfast was nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your kind comment. We hope to se eyoua gain soon.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Good location, but little else"
Hotel location is great, a couple of blocks from Time Square and the price for the location was right. Other than that... it is definitively not at the level of other Holyday Inn Express I have been too. The lobby was nonexistent and crowded most of the day by people just "hanging" in there. During the day the elevators were monopolized by the service folks (waited almost 10 minutes to get to my room). The breakfast was... well, let's say it just was there!
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Denis
"Awesome hotel"
The hotel was very clean. Staff very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"ok hotel, great location"
Ok hotel. Great location. The room was small, clean and quiet. No frills. Just a room. Had no issues with it.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Mollie
"Nice hotel, close to Times Square and Broadway"
My husband and I stayed here during snowmageddon 2015. Despite the city shutting down at 11 pm, the hotel staff made sure everything remained status quo. Breakfast was still made and rooms were still cleaned. Overall it was a great hotel.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
nicole
"service and value"
Excellent service for a great price. Staff was friendly and anticipated my needs.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2015
"decent price for the location, good service"
central location, free wifi and breakfast, friendly service
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Simon
"Compact Hotel"
We wanted a hotel in the theater district and this Holiday Inn Express was perfect. King size bed, nice shower with unending hot water and a great complimentary breakfast. The hotel lobby and breakfast area is very compact and utilitarian but gets the job done. There are 22 floors with about six rooms on each floor. Not your grand sweeping hotel but I really liked the price and location and would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
WILLIAM
"Recommended."
First ever trip to NYC and I'm going to say the convenience of the hotel was superb. Wasn't expecting full ammenities compared to the higher priced rooms, but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was small, which I had realized from looking around at other places. The parking was at central parking on the street behind the hotel, $35/day. The complementary breakfast was also better than expected. If I travel in to the city again, I will for sure stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"Good Place to Stay on Business"
Have stayed here before so this last trip was very comforting knowing what to expect in my hotel stay. It's so nice to have a bit of breakfast before heading to my meeting. Would stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you so much for your comment. We are so happy to have you as a return guest. We hope to see you again in the future. HAve a great day.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"Excellent location NYC"
Small room but complete. Would repeat because of location. Walked everywhere. Two blocks Grand Central, Times Square, etc. If you just need a place to sleep and have breakfast this is the place.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you so much for your comment. We hope to see you again very soon.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
mr jones
"Mistake"
The hotel was overbooked and there was no one available to help us. Tourist trap that we will never stay at again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered upon your arrival. We hope we can make it up to you in the future.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Outstanding Service"
From the moment we got there the staff was wonderful,and helpful. We were early and they took our bags and check them in until it was time to check in. This gave us a chance to go out a little and explore. One piece of advice if you are going to see the ball drop in Times Square.. Be there early and plan on not going to the bathroom or eating all day long. They will not let you get out of the corrals that they put you in for any reason or you will not be able to get back in.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your recent comment regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that you brought in the new year with us. We hope to see you soon again.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Ramona
"Great little hotel, perfect location."
Our stay was good, we enjoyed it very much. Location was perfect, everything you could hope for. The breakfast was excellent, having pancakes, sausages, fruits, and different choices was above our expectations, also having staff that spoke my language(Spanish) was a plus. I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Ingrid B
"Good location, okay hotel"
This was in perfect walking distance to Time Square. The rooms are very small and the beds were not the most comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Ashley
"Where's my 2 beds?"
Reserved and needed a room with two beds, but no such room was available on arrival. Was told that there was nothing that could be done.
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
"Hotel in a convenient spot."
Overall nice stay but, there was only one negative experience. There was a short Spanish/Puerto Rican bag man in his mid 30s that when spoken to in his language said he didn't speak spanish but, when a nice looking, lady spoke to him in Spanish he was very fluent. It's a shame that they hire someone that doesn't realize that his actions could hurt the hotel. I'm a Puerto rican business man and know that his actions can and will hurt the business.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. We are sorry for any misunderstanding you had with any of our team members. Rest assured we will address it accordingly. Have a great day.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Angel
"Nice hotel, free breakfast"
Overall I liked this hotel. The room was very clean and seemed well maintained. The staff didn't seem interested in helping at times. An example was when I called asking if there was a drinking fountain to get water and they flat out said no, that there was just a juice machine with water but I can only access it during breakfast. The upside is new York tap water tastes very good. The next issue I had was with the bed. Since the room is so incredibly small the bed is also smaller than expected. It seemed to be a perfect square like a king bed, but was only around 5 1/2 feet long. My 6' tall boyfriend had to have his feet hanging all the way off the bed. The last thing I didn't like was the smell of the towels. I think they were clean but they smelled horrible of white citrus, which was the smell of everything else in the bathroom, as well as a musty dust smell. Other than that it was a good hotel and would probably go again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for such a nice comment regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon again. Happy New Year!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"ok Hotel"
ok, nothing special
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your comment- we hope to see you soon again.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Hotel that goes the extra mile."
Christmas gift to my family of eight ranging in age from 4 to 72. Every thing was excellent including staff who were most accommodating. Just one of many examples. While waiting in the lobby for our ride back to Penn Station,staff were setting up for their holiday dinner trying to work their way through four rambunctious boys. The four year old looked on longingly when a suited gentleman asked if he would like some taco chips. My grandson's smile could not have been brighter if Santa had asked if he would like gifts for Christmas. We all agreed that we would return and recommend this hotel to others.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for this wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue. I will absolutely share your awesome comments with our team members. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay! Have a happy and prosperous New Year!
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Beverly K.
"Conveniently located budget hotel."
This hotel is in a good location, walking distance from many of the sights. Like all NY hotels it is small. I stayed in a hotel last year that was $120 more a night and it wasn't much larger than this room so you just expect small in NY. The bathroom seemed to have been remodeled more recently than the rest of the room so it was nice and they kept it clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The sheets were a little thread-bare, the carpet was old and stained and the chair in the room was very stained and dirty-looking. We were in an interior room (the view from our window was the top of another building and the building across the way). While the view was awful, it made for a quiet room, which is nice in such a busy city. The WiFi didn't really work in the room, nor could I get a cell phone signal. So while there were several cons to the room, I expected that given the price. If you want to save some money in a very expensive city then lower your expectations and this is a decent hotel. I travel a lot on business and am usually picky about hotels but when you are in cities like NY and London you just have to change your expectations or pay a fortune.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Dear Guest, Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future again. Have a great day!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Judy
Location wad GREAT! Room was rather small. Staff awesome!
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
"Nice facility, centrally located"
Very happy with accommodations and staff, centrally located so easy to walk to Times Square, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, Broadway theatre district. No safety concerns. No problem getting taxi from in front of hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a brief review on your recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon with us again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Excellent location for NYC"
Clean rooms, nice breakfast, friendly staff, and room was quiet at night. Location is perfect for all downtown activities. Definitely will stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon .
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Lori
"Go anywhere else....just not here"
The rate was consistent with 4 star hotels....the problem is this is a 1 star property. The beds are awful...saggy and weak. the room was so small the people in the separate full size beds could hold hands...I had to go outside the room to change my mind. I stay in NYC each week for 1-2 nights and I will never stay at this property again especially for the price
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and experience at Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue! I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
jerome
"One day stay"
Staff was VERY helpful the whole stay. The room is overpriced but that was due to location
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for the taking the time to tell us about your recent stay witrh us. We do hope to see you soon again. Have a great day!
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
"easy and convenient"
This is a totally no frills hotel with small rooms, but very inexpensive and central. The staff are very cordial and the breakfast, though basic, is better than elsewhere. I had a high room which also made it quite quiet.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. We look forward to having you as our guest soon again.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Great value!"
Hotel was perfectly located to walk around NY. I was able to walk to time square, park ave and find my away from it. Rooms are a bit small but that's to be expected in NY. Breakfast was a huge plus! Very good for being included and save us alot of time and money!
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future again. Have a great day.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Clean Rooms in Great Location"
We went to NYC for a girls weekend getaway. We stayed in a 2 double bed room. The room was very small but comparable to other hotel rooms in the city. It was clean and looked updated. The beds were very comfortable. Also, the free breakfast offered was excellent. They offered pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon, several pastries, oatmeal, cereal and fruit. The location was perfect. It's a few blocks from Times Square and Rockefeller Center. It's about a mile walk to Central Park. To get to other sites, like 9/11 memorial and Wall Street, you can take the subway or use the Uber app on your smartphone. It's a new taxi service that is cheaper than the yellow cabs and rather than hale a cab on the street, you use your phone to request one. Request one a few minutes before you want to leave. Use the code corie10 to get your first ride free.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of getting to see part of this great city. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day.
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Cori
"OK for 1 night"
Small room, good TV channel selection,breakfast plentiful and good
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Have a great day.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Katharine
"good overall experience if still pricey..."
it was first time in ny & for the location the hotel was good if you're really only there to sleep, it was affordable even if still pricey...you're paying for ny city; there's no extra amenities like pool or gym
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
We appreciate you taking the time to place a review regarding our property and your recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon again so you may continue enjoying what New York City has to offer.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"NYC Delight!"
Very impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
We are so glad to hear you had a great stay with us. Have a great day, we hope to see you soon.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Central location to theaters"
Small room, but enough for evening use Breakfast area was small and crowded. Breakfast was adequate
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for taking the time to teel us about your recent stay with us. Have a great day. We hope to see you soon again.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Luis
"Tight rooms"
This is an extremely small room. Customer service was OK, but not overly helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your honest feedback. We do hope to see you in the future again. Have nice day.
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
TINA
Good location near everything... This place is perfect for what NY ask for you will spend the all day walking so this hotel it's perfect for just to go to sleep in a convenience place. Will be back!
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us . We would love to have you back soon, so you may continue to enjoy the Big Apple. Have a great day.
andy
Breakfast was good.room was clean. Little bit noisy
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you soon again. Have a great day!
"Perfect location for NYC"
This was a perfect location for visiting NYC. It is three blocks from Times Square and two blocks from NBC studios. The space was perfect for two adults and a child. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend.
Response by Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver another excellent service. Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue!
Kara