All hotels in Mount Charleston, Nevada, United States of America
2275 Kyle Canyon Road, Mount Charleston, NV, 89124, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"What beautiful and relaxing place!"
Its a beautiful place! We had a wonderful time! The views are beautiful and the building too. Staff members were warm, friendly, and very profesional. The only "problem" was the internet connection. They use a satillite signal and because of the wind it was impossible to connect... Anyways, we didnt miss it because the whole experience was very pleasant. Its so clse from the city, and it seems so remote at the same time! Great way to arrange a short and inexpensive vacation with family and friend! Lee Canyon was amazing too! Thank you!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Gioia
"Quick Getaway"
It was a nice nearby getaway from the strip. Amazing scenery! Hotel staff were very friendly and warm.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"relax"
I love it, nice room and great wheather.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Yerania
"Okay getaway"
We stayed here on our wedding night. The hotel is very old and out-dated, but they keep it as clean as you could considering the condition. Beautiful setting in the mountains. Restaurant wait staff is not friendly, and you cannot bring outside food or drink.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Christy
"Great customer service"
The customer service was 5 Diamond the rooms are ok the food was Good I'll go back just because of the staff . We visit the mountain about 3 times a month and stay with family......it was the 1st time at the hotel .
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Alezander Gonzalez
"nice stay away from vegas"
great stay,,,hotels rooms are just ok, but the hotel is wonderful in a beautiful setting. Service was great. Breakfast server was very helpful in recommending local hikes. Food was great. Bartender also was delightful at night.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Shawn
"Nice!"
Most things are very good, like room, environment around, facility, staff, ect. Only the location is too far. We are scared when we drive to the hotel in mid night. No car on the road except us! Breakfast cost us 15 dollars, but it is nice and delicate! Overall, nice experience!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great alternative to LV strip, 30 minutes away"
Just 30 minutes away from the Las Vegas strip, a whole different world. Nice rustic lodge, great food, quiet and 20 degrees cooler than Las Vegas. A little dated but that's a big part of the charm. The only thing missing? was wifi. Good hiking and views nearby, friendly staff and great price. We'll be back.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
pwm
"Lousy Service"
It's all about the lack of service in the kitchen, two hours for dinner, an hour for breakfast, and its not busy in the dinning room for either of the two meals. The carpet is filthy in the room and hallways. Then there is the floor which is not level, we half filled a water glass and placed it on a table and it was NOT level!!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Dean Amaru
"Still in business due to the lack of competition."
Food service was the slowest I have experienced. The food was only mediocre. Staff was pleasant but unconcerned about service. I was on the third floor.The floor was actually sloped to one corner. You could see that the room had settled by the fit of the doors. The distortion was not small. . The hotel may have serious structural problems. The weather was very warm and the room remained hot well after midnight. It was equipped with a undersized and very noisy air conditioner. The location is good with nice scenery. The property needs serious attention from a professional manager to make it a satisfactory destination.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
We were not satisfied with the room or the overall hotel. There are far better hotels on the mountain for the money
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Davi
"Very peaceful"
Enjoyed spending time with my wife surrounded by peaceful mountains and the friendly environment.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Awesome view"
The view from the back of the hotel was absolutely breath taking! Balcony was small however and don't know if I would pay extra for it again. Wish there was a fridge in the room as well.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Nice view at the balcony"
Very duty carpet, so sticky could not walk whiteout shoes, dirty bathroom, we didnt take a shower for thr condition of it. Got charge an extra fee for no reason. Third time in that place it will not be a fort.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Juan
"Mt Charleston"
Easy check-in with a helpful and pleasant desk clerk. I have visited here often. Always look forward to returning. :)
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"anniversary"
It was suppose to be a special night for the both of us. When we were ready to turn in for the night we turned down blanket and noticed that the sheets were stained. It was on both sides. It was late and I was to tired to go the front desk and let them know. So when we checked out we stated what the condition of the room was. I also noticed that the room was not gone over before we arrived. It was really dusty.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Relaxing and a uick getaway"
The staff was friendly and genually seems to care. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. They have done some updating of the rooms.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Good Enough"
Our room was clean and comfortable and the bed was in good condition. The balcony room was also nice. If I had paid the prices advertised on the Resort's website, I would have felt ripped off, but for the price we got on Hotels.com, it was excellent. The restaurant an bar charge typical resort prices so be prepared to shell out some cash for food and drinks. The location is great and we had a very nice stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
Scott A.
"Close to Heaven"
When I arrived, & quite late, around 9:30 PM, the front desk person had no booking for me. Another employee that had seemed to have just gotten off duty looked & found the Expedia reservation. The facility is in a very idealistic high altitude & scenic location in the mountains North & East of Las Vegas. They have 3 floors, but no elevator. I was put on the 2nd floor & had an exceptional view. I did get my reserved king size bed. There was an additional sink just outside the bathroom, which could come in handy. They provided 2 bottles of water complimentary, which was very nice, considering that the outside temperature could go to about 108 degrees Fahrenheit by 3PM daily. I only ended up drinking 1 bottle, though. The room air conditioner worked well to keep the room around 74 degrees. With the low humidity, 74 was quite comfortable. I never changed the setting. I didn’t use maid service, so I can’t comment on that. There was entertainment in the Bar, but I didn’t & don’t partake of that. I also did not use their dining room…I was there on business & spent most of my time away from that property. Cell reception was poor, but walking up the road & around the bend a short distance gave a clear shot to the cell tower in the National Park a few miles further up. When I was getting ready to check out, I found out that they didn’t have a dedicated computer & printer for guests, but the manager let me sit in his seat, access my email account & print out my boarding passes.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Novice
"Requires renovation"
Hotel needs total renovation, especially the carpets and paint
"Disappointing"
Our stay was so disappointing. No restaurant service, their shop and bar was closed. Nearest place to get something to eat was five miles away. Furthermore we were charged for incidental fees when there was nothing available. So disappointing.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Sue
"Not for the average guest"
They didn't have the amenities I needed for my family. Too expensive for what you got
3 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Mount charleston resort/hotel stay"
We went to mount charleston to get away from the heat. Plus to just get away. The over all look on the outside is pretty and the parking is easy. For checked in I thought I had booked a king balcony room but the guy at the front had desk told me I had booked two queen beds w/balcony. Ok then. Got into the room the floor carpet was dirty looking the door going into the bathroom had a big piece on the top broken off. I called the front desk and told them to either send someone on not it in r account. He did. The balcony was small but it was nice. Overall we have decided not to go back to this hotel for a while. They really need to consider upgrading the rooms and maybe even the patio furniture outside.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
April Tracey
I have stayed there many times over the years. I was disappointed this time. They took all of the video poker machines out of the bar. I ordered a Bailey's and coffee at the bar and they were out of Bailey's. She brought me Kalua and coffee and a bowl full of creamer. The coffee was $9.00!!! We went to the restaurant for dinner. We sat down and looked at the menu and the cheapest thing was a cheeseburger for $17.00! We got up and left and drove up to the lodge for dinner. We had two teenage boys with us in a connecting room. There was absolutely nothing for them to do. It was raining so outside fun was limited. They went looking for the hot tub and found that they got rid of it. They use to have a full bar area with dancing and now it is closed and only used for wedding receptions. We live in Las Vegas so this was always a nice place to stay and get out of the heat. I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years and doubt that I will stay there again :(
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2014
Shawn
"Resort hotel high above Las Vegas"
This hotel has great potential but there were some problems. Clearly their purpose is for 'special events' and Mondays aren't their good day. They had no internet service (wireless or otherwise) which these days is a no-no. Staff were often unavailable as there was only a skeleton crew on duty. The food, however, was top-notch (and there is nowhere else to eat, so this was great. One of my servers was very inexperienced, but another (breakfast) was excellent.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Betsy
Be prepared to not have much for cell service. There is no Internet there. It's a great place to unplug and recharge.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
"At Mt. Charleston and escape from the heat."
The hotel was in a nice place at Mt. Charleston but the room's physical condition was poor, the bed was okay, maintenance was deferred throughout the hotel.. The carpet in the restaurant was threadbare and dirty. The room rate was okay but the restaurant prices were overpriced and the food was just okay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
"Fading resort"
A summer stay in a ski resort. Not great, but then what should you expect? The room was okay. The restaurant's AC was broken, and the staff had not figured out that they should open the doors and windows to ventilate the place. Overall, it was okay considering the cost, but it was NOT a memorable experience.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
matthew
"Beautiful hotel to stay at."
Everything right down to maid service was extremely satisfying. I have recommended this hotel to all my friends. I will come back myself as often as I can. Everything was excellent! ! I would highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Patty
"very beautiful"
the rooms are small but it is so beautiful and romantic it doesn't matter
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2014
caroline price
"Not even close to what was advertised"
The 1st impression was ok, but when we entered out room we were extremly disappointed. It felt like we had walked into the 60s, old furniture, the mattress was horrible, the bathroom made us feel like soothing would creep out of somewhere. The location is great, it's a SHAME that they don't make the investment into renovating and updating they're rooms.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Sue
This was supposed to be a romantic weekend getaway to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. However, it definately did not live up to my expectations, especially as a local coming from Las Vegas, where resorts are over the top! Room had no refridgerator or safe, which was very disappointing after the internet showed these as standard in all rooms. WiFi is pathetic and barely gets a signal at all in the rooms. In fact the room reminded me of an 80's Motel. Dinner was completely overcooked and had to be sent back. Would not recommend this!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Nice Vegas Getaway"
The hotel is in close distance to Las Vegas, but completely different from what you find on the busy Strip. The location is nice, albeit I was hoping there would be some nearby trails accessible by foot. The room was clean and cozy, even though it could have been a tad bigger. The staff was friendly and eager to help. The restaurant was unfortunately the biggest disappointment, as the food took forever to come out, and then was only lukewarm. For the "mid- to upscale" price I was expecting much better...
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
"disappointing"
creepy, and uncomfortable
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Not worth the high price. Balconies are very small, sodas and other items in the Bistro a k.a store are way over priced. Furniture was knicked up. Food service was very slow
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Photoldy
"Nice getaway from Vegas"
Nice weekend getaway, escape the heat and slot machines from Vegas.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Nice Retreat from the City"
Our trip started out a little rough on the booking side. We were going to book the room through the resort, but with some miscommunication of the staff with wrong prices we decided to go through www.hotels.com, which has always worked well for us. I was going to let it go, but my girlfriend wanted to pursue it. She spoke with the General Manager who recent took over the property. The GM Catrina more than made up any issues we had with an upgrade and some credits. She was great, as was her staff, and made a negative are huge positive. We have stayed here before and have always enjoyed ourselves. It's a great get away from the heat and action of Las Vegas. The resort is showing it's age and needs quite a bit of maintenance. The balconies need repaired and stained or painted, carpeting should be replaced, parking lot repaved, etc. I believe the new GM will address these and other issue ASAP. The stay itself was great with Robin at the bar being great with great service. We enjoyed the band Tru Blue on Sunday outside on the deck where they had and BBQ buffet. All in all a very pleasant stay. BTW my girlfriend and I got engage on Saturday while on a hike in the woods.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2014
"Breakfast??"
Although the front desk was nice, i cant say the same of the staff in the restaurant. We were expecting a nice breakfast and the staff was not very nice to say the least we waited and waited for almost everything... We noticed that if we had been seated with the other waitress we would have been gone and enjoying our anniversary hick at least 30 mins earlier. One other guest waited so long to be seated that when she came to ask, the girl told her to give her a sec and instead set up 3 more tables even though some were ready, when she brought her to her table she just kept walking and dropped the menu on the table! HOW RUDE! We had enough.. After they messed up my order... had cold food and charged us for two "large" orange juice we were ready to go... BUT they were not stopping by our table, AGAIN. When she finally took out card we waited so long that we had to get up to the cashier and ask them for our card so we could finally leave, while we waited and just heard their conversation at the register and then said "Oh sorry were having trouble with our register." and gives us our check book to sign that we is her pocket this whole time. I understand if they were busy, but they were not...
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
"One night stay"
We arrived late and they were very accommodating! We were able to have dinner even though they ready to close. Great place beautiful.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"No major complaints..."
...just as we expected, except the hairs in the bathroom.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Anniversary Dinner w/ Overnight Stay"
What a beautiful escape and the perfect way for us to celebrate our wedding anniversary! The property is beautiful, the staff friendly and accommodating, the dinner was great! An indoor pool and hot tub would have made this property perfect - and that's because the winter seasonal activities had passed and outdoor activities were limited to hiking. But you can't beat the crisp, cool nighttime air or the beauty of the nighttime stars w/o the interfering glow of neon lights. Will definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip May 22, 2014
Joanne
"Kind of a dumpy place"
While the service was EXCELLENT - from front desk to restaurant, the accommodations were underwhelming and unappealing. My (girl) friend and I went there on a Friday night so we could get 1 night’s acclimation and early start for a hike to Charleston Peak. Although we didn’t expect fanciness (based on other reviews) the overall condition of the place is quite run down. For me, the condition of the bathroom speaks volumes on how management cares about the maintenance of the rest of the property. In this case, the abundance of previous guests’ leftover hairs, chipped tiles with missing grout/caulk, very low water pressure, no bath mat (nor even an extra towel to use as a bath mat), and white-rough-thin towels from the ‘80s told me all I needed to know. And, although I knew there was a $9.95+$1.00/night resort fee, after seeing the place – including common areas – I wonder how any non-bean-counters could reasonably justify this. Would I stay again? - maybe, but only with big discounts. If this is only 1 of 2 hotels in the Mt. Charleston area, it certainly isn’t doing its part to attract visitors. I’m an LV local and it’s a little embarrassing – I wouldn’t recommend this to friends or family. If they were just looking for an alternative to camping and nothing more, I MAY tell them about this place, but not sure. It’s too bad too, because it’s situated in such a great location –at the entrance to the majestic Kyle Canyon. It could be a whole lot more than what it is.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
MartyL
"Weekend get away"
I booked a 1 night stay on this hotel with my husband, just to get away from our usual routine. I like the hotel it's quite, clean, staff are friendly. Thought I find it very dark inside, even on a broad day light, and more when it became night, I do not know, are they conserving electricity? The hotel does not have any night club or entertainment club, just the 2 restaurant. Nothing really to do inside the hotel except to eat and sleep. So we got a dinner reservation at 6pm, food is okay, done after an hour then it became too wndy and cool outside to walk, so by 8pm the both of us were already sleeping. The scenery is the best thing that I can say it's worth coming here.
Other trip May 11, 2014
sanlar
"Nice lobby, nice view, nice service"
And that's it, the rooms are small, hardly any other services. Not even a coffee maker in the room. The cheapest hotels I've stayed in have a coffee maker, but not here
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great fun in the mountains"
It is so pretty, the hotel is very beautiful. A must experience for las Vegas
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Great Place"
The experience was great. When you pull up on the hotel, you feel like you are in another country. The staff is excellent. Very helpful and professional.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Clark
"Beautiful to get away from it all"
The hotel and staff were very nice. If you want to stay in a semi-remote location for some peace and quiet, this hotel is perfect! It is almost 17 miles off the main highway, between 6,000 and 7,000 feet elevation. We got snowed on the first night, which made the scenery even more spectacular.
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
Karen H
"Declining facility-don't count on restaurant"
We wanted to stay in mountains in order to be closer to seeing them and Death Valley the next day, rather than staying in LV. Ate dinner late in their restaurant, very poor quality, ran out of chicken, microwaved rice and bread to warm, hard and uneatable. Advice, bring your own food! We didn't bother with breakfast, just left asap at daybreak to get down the road. Maybe good enough for ski-bums, crashing at end of day, getting drinks.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
"Going back"
We will definitely be going back. Loved our stay. Great for a mountain getaway but NOT for a business trip. If you want to get away from the city life and back to nature. This is a perfect hotel. Lots of hiking trails in the spring, summer and fall, and skiing in the winter. No wi-fi and cell service sucked, It was great. No coffee pot or fridge in room, (Hotels.Com) Needs to update this on website.
3 night family trip Apr 20, 2014
Lewis
"Hotel on Mt. Charleston"
Nice stay. Rooms were clean. Front desk was helpful. Bar needs modernization, could use some more TV's to watch multiple sports. They only two small flat screens and they have to be on the same channel. There isn't much for kids/teens to do.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014