All hotels in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Arena View, Edward Street, Birmingham, England, B1 2RX, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is all right
    Comfortable
    Food is all right
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Bad breakfast
"Very high standard"
It was unfortunately just an over night stay. It would have been very much interesting if we have stayed longer.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Monir
excellent location and would stay here again. staff at reception very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"perfect for arena stay"
Great place...clean...comfy....wifi difficult to access though....
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Noisy Hotel"
Perfect for a small family as the kitchen is a major plus, However the Hotel is by far the noisiest I have ever stayed at which is a major minus.
4 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
Craig
"Not the hotel or apt. I expected"
Bed room was not clean, the staff was normal (not very friendly). But reasonable for family staying.
2 night trip May 31, 2013

"brilliant appartment."
apartment was a lovely size had everything for making drinks to cooking a meal, parking was safe in a secure compound, ideal for our trip to the barclycard arena which was just across the road.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
C
"Perfect for a family or friends going together."
Really chuffed with finding these apartments. We only wanted 1 night (Saturday) and lots of hotels would not offer that. 3 friends and I were able to stay together in a flat for the night and it was ideal. My only request would be that there was a DVD player so we could have played some music. It was clean a tidy and spacious too with a couple of tea bags and some milk so that we could have a cuppa before going to get our own supplies. Ideally located for the Arena where we went in the evening. Would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2016
Charlotte
"Good spacious hotel"
Good room large and comfortable apartment .Bit confusing on check in left to find apartment found it difficult to gain entry .
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2015
"Perfect location for great value for money"
Was only staying for the night.. But this apartment is definitely somewhere I would stay if staying longer.. The service is great! Breakfast was delivered the night before and the apartment itself is very nice, modern and well kept! It's also only a short walk from many local attractions like Broad street, Brindley Place, sealife centre! Definitely recommend this! Great value for money. Also plenty parking on surrounding roads
Response by City Nites
Dear Sandy, Thank you very much for your excellent comments. We are very glad to know that you were extremely satisfied with our service as well as for the quality of our rooms and perfect location. Please, let us know when you plan to stay with us again and I'll be extremely happy to welcome you and make sure that you have another beautiful experience at City Nites Birmingham. Best regards.
1 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2016
Sandy
"Would definately stay again"
Had a two night stay over New Years ideally situated with close access walking distance to the city centre of the few apartments I have stayed at within the city centre this one is by far the best in terms of layout
Response by City Nites
Dear Mr/Mrs, Thank you very much for your comments on City Nites Birmingham. Thank you so much for highlighting all our strenghts. It is true that the location is ideal, few steps from Barclays Arena, 5 minutes walk from Brindley place, 10 minutes walk from the center. Thank you very much for highlighting the layout of our apartments. We will be glad to welcome you again in the near future. Please, let me know and I'll make sure that you have another excellent experience. Have a nice day. Sincerely,
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
"Not what it says on the tin"
Not great at all. The bed was old and multiple slats were broken, the mattress was so old you could feel the springs. Not something you need when you're on a break! Rooms not cleaned to any sort of standard, under bed/sofa had just been lazily forgotten about. No cleaning products eg. Dustpan and brush. No cleaning service. No spare bin bags. Tiny TV, disgusting curtains. AVOID!
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
The night staff Suraj was sooooper good, our original rooms toilet was not working, he looked after us and immediately changed our room which was a lot better than the original..
4 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
"Great apartment in very convenient location"
Excellent apartment very close to Brindley Place with its lovely canal walks and vibrant nightlife. Parking arrangements and reception a little difficult to work out at first - you need to park underneath complex and then walk out of car park and up the road to find reception - but apartment spacious and well-equipped and much better value than nearby hotels. Only slight downside is both rooms have double beds so if you have older children who don't want to share bed you have to pay for extra rollaway bed. All in all happy to recommend.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Jonathan
"Excellent place to stay"
+very nice place to stay everything you need and clean - feels homely - electric cooker isn't the best for cooking but gets the job done
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
Aneil
"Great location for concerts"
Booked there for a couple of nights to tie in with a concert. Very close to the arena and eating places, bit of a walk into town which was OK. Clean room, friendly staff, my only negative comment would be that the bed wasn't very comfortable, otherwise great value for money.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
NZ
"Ideal location for a city break"
Absolutely ideal! We stayed here after seeing Madonna ad the NIA rather than travel home late....what a great idea, the location is perfect, the apartments excellent, well equipped, secure, clean and plenty of secure parking and much cheaper than a hotel with none of the constraints.
Colin
"Friendly staff, great value"
Very friendly and helpful staff Location was perfect, we had tickets for the Barclay card arena, literally across the road (1min).Great value Would stay there again:-)
"NIA convenience"
Went to concert at NIA, so couldn't have been more convenient. Loads of space in the apartment, but didn't have time to take advantage. Not somewhere I would stay normally as it's not very attractive, but perfect location.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Staff were friendly and helpful, apartment really close to city centre 5 mins walk from Board Street and 2 minutes from Barclaycard arena. Apartment clean and tidy very good value for money. Shower was great very powerful.
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our excellent location, quality of service and cleanliness. I'm very sorry to hear that the bed didn't reach your expectations. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Naomi
"A great stay"
Very impressed with facilities, however there needs to be more items to cook with (i.e baking trays / saucepans) beds were comfy and room was well presented l.
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our facilities and sleeping quality. I'm very sorry to hear that the kitchen was not having all the necessary items to fulfill your expectations. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
Rebecca
Perfect for our concert at the Barclaycard Arena
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our excellent location just in front of Barclay's Arena. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Really nice apt, near to new st station and bull ring. Very well fitted out, bedrooms were lovely. We were 2 adults and 2 children, beds were doubles so a bit of trauma with children sharing a bed, but for a night we coped!
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Kate
Great location for Brindley Place and ideal for groups.
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our excellent location. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
"Spot on stay in good location"
The concept of apartments is preferable to a small hotel room and we had a reasonable deal so a lot of space for the money. Apartment well equipped, a little tired however considering the amount of use it gets not so bad. Lovely, comfy bed with crisp clean linen and towels. Hotel reception staff extremely friendly and efficient. Parking available. Would be handy if the large print mentioned ID and price of refundable deposit (by card) luckily I had both. Overall a good stay and literally over road from Barclaycard Arena. Close to shops bars and restaurants at the lovely canal side / Brindley Place and Sea Life Centre.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
"Expensive disappointed"
Very disappointed about the apartment as I expected it to be more luxurious for the cost, I found it all very basic. We had the most appalling sleep as there was a 21st party/rave happening in the room below us, finally at half past 2am I had had enough to and called down to security who at around 3am called the police, it all seemed to quiet down around 3:30am!! So a greats night sleep on what was suppose to be a relaxing night away from young children was not had! Also the breakfast that I paid extra for is not worth a penny, they gave us out of date yoghurts and the bagels were as hard as rocks. We travelled an awful long way to stay in this hotel and this has been a birthday treat for my fiancé and it really didn't feel like a treat at all. Incredible disappointed for the price, may as well have been in a premier inn, plus they would have totally refunded me the price of my room if I'd had a disturbed night like we had, unfortunately the same can't be said about City Nites who wouldn't offer me a refund. Wouldn't recommend and would never stay in again!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"Great location."
Lovely 2-bed apartment but quite small communal area for 4 people. Also curfew for noise is 11 which is a little early for weekends in a "party" town. However will stay here again for sure for location alone.
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
"Concert outing with dauggter"
Stayed st Citi Nites to go to a concert at the Barclaycard arena with my daughter. Great place to stay as the arena is just across the road.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
"City Nights,Birmingham"
The setup of City Nites is an excellent idea, I wish they would expand to other cities especially London!! What hasn't been noted by anyone I could see was that only a short walk away,adjacent to the Sealife centre was a number of restaurants,including Carluccio,and Cafe Rouge which might be helpful to some people who don't want to cater for themselves all the time. Overall the City Nites concept is excellent. There is inexpensive parking overnight further down Edward Street if hotel parking full or over budget (£10)
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
"Happy"
Really liked the room, it was huge. Unlike another hotel I've stayed at and for £59 for one night definitely worth the money. The only downside was that I had to pay a £50 deposit (which was in the small print of the website) and I nearly got declined from staying there because I'm 19 and apparently you have to be 21 to stay there, there is nothing that is on the website that says that you have to be 21. But it was a really nice place
1 night trip Oct 12, 2015
Lauren
"A night in city nites"
The location is fantastic for the seeing whatever you have want to do in Birmingham. right next to the barclaycard arena. There was a problem with water supply in the morning which was advised to us by email. Perhaps should have thought to make bottled water available quicker. The girl on reception was polite and dealt with a number of complaints well considering the situation. The hotel has dealt well with the issue in the end and I am satisfied they did what they could to make up the situation to me and my partner. I will stay there again
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Harry
"Excellent Value"
Had two rooms / apartments as we had booked a show at the N.I.A. which was conveniently literally across the road. Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful.Stayed just 1 night with friends and will definitely use again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2015
STEPHEN
"City Nites , right up our street"
Stayed here for a concert at Barclaycard arena,perfect for it is just across the road,and close to broad street with its many pubs and bars.Much better than staying in a hotel for £53 a night we had 1 bedroom,bathroom,seperate kitchen with all appliances ,separate living room and hallway.Would definitely stay again
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
stephen
Great and really nice rooms but taking a while to return deposit to bank account
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Thank you very much for providing the score of your stay. Unfortunately, as you didn't leave comments, I understand by your score that you had a perfect stay. We will be very glad to welcome you again in the near future. Please, let me know when you are planning to stay with us again and I'll make sure that you enjoy an excellent experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
"Home from home"
Home from home, wonderful Queensize bed, perfect
6 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
fiona
"The NON stay at City Nites."
There is no point trying to express my disatisfaction as I require far more than 1500 characters to make my point.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2015
DAVID
Room along the road is too noisy. Internet access to one device for family is too restrictive. Other than that,apartment is comfortable for small family stay
10 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Antonio
SG
"Awful Stay"
I used this hotel for a week and another day. At first, my satisfaction rate was really high for this hotel, but later I totally changed my feeling for it. I had no hot water, clean towels, smooth WiFi, and the service worth paying the amount of room charge for the room. In person, the staffs might be kind and friendly, but in the mail, they did not give me an important information which I needed, although I inquired. In addition, even I complained about it, they did not apologize, besides ignored.
6 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Yoshiko
"Great location next to Barclaycard Arena"
Take a close look at the small print as they hold bond of £250 against damage I was in room three and there was plenty of damage. This was pointed out and I got my bond back????
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Booked an overnight stay for a concert at the o2 Arena,(but got the wrong arena!)City nites is actually opposite Barclaycard arena. But anyway apart from that,this was a great place to stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Clean,QUIET only heard one door bang all night and the place was fully booked! Friendly,helpful staff,secure parking and so much more comfortable than staying in a one room hotel. GREAT place. Also handy to walk into town.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Rachel
Location was great for broad street and the major venues. Having friends over until 22.00 for a few drinks was fine, and the place was furnished well.. Very glad to have chosen this place for a lads weekend
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2015
Jay
"Great accommodation central Birmingham"
Apartment style, everything you need is provided. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I have stayed many times at City Nites and the staff have always been very welcoming and accommodating. The hotel is very convenient for the city centre, Brindley place and the NEC.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"Nite at city nites"
Was a perfect stay with friends .. can not fault the room at all everything was perfect ..clean .. comfortable .. spacious .. would definitely recommend to others
1 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Samira
"Good vale accomodation"
Great location for shopping, eating out or the station. We used it as a base to watch the cricket at Edgbaston and buses from New Street made this really straight forward and cost effective. When we arrived we had been given a room which meant my 20 year old daughter and 13 year old son would have to share a standard double bed. I rang reception who were extremely helpful and managed to change the room for us despite being fully booked. Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The apartments were very clean - only let down by very small settees (difficult for two adults to sit on them comfortably). The beds were very firm but there were plenty of pillows. Would definitely recommend and use again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Angela
Very nice hotel could quite easily stay for a week & could save money by self catering I was very impressed
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Night Out"
Decent enough place...was surprised at the size of the deposit
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Quiet central with amazing facilities."
Quiet with the shortest distance ever to the Arena. I dont think I would want to stay anywhere else niw whilst in birmingham.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
retired 62 yr
great for size and location. Would work very well for longer term stays
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"could not fault it"
could not fault it very clean everything in the room you needed service good location for the barclaycard arena just over the road had a call from Hashim at the city nights in birmingham asking if everything was satisfactory with my stay there had a lovely conversation with him it's nice that people over hotels take time to ask you personally what you think of there hotel very charming man
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Janet
"Comfortable , clean , great location"
This apartment, although a little tired was in a great location for a concert at the barclaycard arena. In addition to the centre of Birmingham. Friendly staff , clean, good facilities and safe parking.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
steve
"Overnight Stay"
First time staying in Birmigham at a serviced appartment. Can't fault City Nites as it was a great place to stay. We chose them because of it's close location to the Barclay Card Arena as we went to a concert that night. We would have preferred a later check out time as 11.00am was a tad early comparing to the usual mid day check out. There are no local shops close by to buy foodstuffs so I'd recommend doing some shopping in the city centre if needs be. Be aware that a further deposit of £100 is requested up on checking in with the event of any possible damage caused by you during your stay. Although every effort is made to note any damage caused by previous guests after checking out by the management, I would recommend you inspect, photograph & confirm any damage with the manager upon arrival to the room. The deposit is returned a few days after your departure depending on verification of non damage so be sure to check your credit card records to confirm.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015