All hotels in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Arena ViewEdward Street, BirminghamEnglandB1 2RXUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Food is all right
    Breakfast is average
"Very high standard"
It was unfortunately just an over night stay. It would have been very much interesting if we have stayed longer.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Monir
excellent location and would stay here again. staff at reception very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"perfect for arena stay"
Great place...clean...comfy....wifi difficult to access though....
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Noisy Hotel"
Perfect for a small family as the kitchen is a major plus, However the Hotel is by far the noisiest I have ever stayed at which is a major minus.
4 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
Craig
"Not the hotel or apt. I expected"
Bed room was not clean, the staff was normal (not very friendly). But reasonable for family staying.
2 night trip May 31, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Decent. Would stay again!"
Great place to stay if you're visiting the Barclay Arena, which is literally across the road. We stayed one night. Very comfortable apartment, clean. Well equipt kitchen, a little small, but no complaint really. Tesco is a 10 minute walk which was handy! Quick warning, you'll have to pay a £50 deposit per person when you get there, which they refund around 3 days after you depart. Also parking is available for £10 a night (til 11am the following day).
Romance trip Apr 15, 2016
"Perfect location for Barclaycard arena"
Stayed here for one night as a Christmas gift for my wife combined with tickets to see her favourite band Muse at the Barclaycard Arena. Couldn't have stayed closer, quite literally the other side of the road! Nice tidy apartment with everything we needed to have a comfortable stay. Slightly noisy late night/early hours,(It was Saturday night and this was purely From the main road, not other guests). I didn't drive so can't comment on parking. Would happily stay again :-)
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
"Brilliant"
A large apartment- far too big for the purpose of our stay, but highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
Sam
"citie nights"
Really nice apartment, would use again
2 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2016
michael
"Excellent stay."
Booked for two night but had to leave after 1 though no fault of the apartment . Very spacious for a one bed apartment. Clean, warm, all you need if staying for short or long stays. Staff very helpful. Secure parking for an extra £10.00 per day. A ten minutes walk from the main drag or a short taxi ride. The apartment seems to be mixed in with full time residents. Quiet at night . Will definitely stay again.
2 night romance trip Mar 24, 2016
"Great Location - good stay"
Great Great Location - couldn't fault it! Amazing place to stay for closeness to arena, shopping and restaurants. Nice to have an apartment rather than hotel and parking was a bonus too only thing was the uncomfortable mattress on the bed.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2016
Hazel
"perfect stay"
no complaints
1 night trip Mar 21, 2016
"Very good value"
I was please with the room provided. Having been upgraded to a room with an extra bedroom I had a choice of beds both of which were at the back of the building so very quiet. Although I didn't need it on this stay, the lounge/kitchen was generously proportioned and would be great for a longer stay. The only slight drawbacks were the lack of internal access from reception to the rooms, requiring guests to go back outside after arrival. There is also no onsite catering although plenty options for delivery and restaurants a short walk away.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2016
Adrian
"Value for money"
Good price and good apartment
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2016
"More City-Nites sites needed acrossthe country"
We were in Birmingham solely to see the tennis, so the hotel was ideally situated literally just on the opposite side of the road to the Barclaycard Arena. Very competitive pricing compared with a normal hotel room.
4 night romance trip Mar 3, 2016
Martyn
"Great place"
Great place. So much better than 2 hotel rooms for a family. Right next to arena for the Davis cup. Perfect! People lovely. Would definately recommend.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2016
Anna
Nice apartment, just missed the hotel services like having the room cleaned (we were told this would be an extra £11) and had to ask for tea and coffee supplies to be replenished.
2 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
"Great place, but a bit noisy"
We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for two nights. We arrived late and were dealt with very efficiently and helpfully by Suraj, who sorted out the underground car parking for me with ease. Arrived in the apartment which was clean and well equipped although the decor and furniture were old and fairly tired. The walls were paper thin however and the neighbours were very noisy, and could be heard simply chatting in the room next door. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and asked them to be quiet, but even then all conversation could be heard... It is the perfect location for the Barclaycard Arena which is literally across the road, and the facilities were good, but it was a shame about the noisy neighbours! Would stay again if I was going to the Arena, as the car parking was secure, but the apartment could use a freshen up of the decor and bathroom.
2 night family trip Mar 3, 2016
Really positive would stay again
1 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2016
"Best place to stay"
I have used City Nites a number of times and can honestly say I've never had problem with any aspect of my stay, at most its a quiet safe location near to the nightlife and amenities. Friendly and helpful staff all the time.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2016
Wasim
Stayed for one night on business. Great apartment for a price less than hotels in Birmingham that night. Only negative was £10 for parking. Would definitely stay again as location was good.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2016
"Don't expect a full deposit back!"
I left the room in perfect condition with no damage. When I asked staff to check the room so I could have my deposit back they declined and stated the cleaners would let them know. As a result they withheld part off my deposit for a "broken door handle " which was a total lie! Not happy at all.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2016
"Return visit"
The room was cold on arrival, perhaps due to selecting a different room than planned, but in mid-afternoon the shower was barely tepid.
2 night trip Feb 25, 2016
"I would stay again"
overall very good but small 2 bed apartment. wouldn't recommend for 4 males as one of the double beds is small
1 night trip Feb 20, 2016
"Brilliant!!!"
Very nice stay, quiet
1 night trip Feb 18, 2016
April
"Large appartment"
Great amount of space,my daughter and I had a double bedroom each. It was a huge apartment and had everything we needed for our stay including a well equipped kitchen. Parking was on site as well and easily accessed. Would definitely recommend this place to stay.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2016
"brilliant appartment."
apartment was a lovely size had everything for making drinks to cooking a meal, parking was safe in a secure compound, ideal for our trip to the barclycard arena which was just across the road.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
C
"Perfect for a family or friends going together."
Really chuffed with finding these apartments. We only wanted 1 night (Saturday) and lots of hotels would not offer that. 3 friends and I were able to stay together in a flat for the night and it was ideal. My only request would be that there was a DVD player so we could have played some music. It was clean a tidy and spacious too with a couple of tea bags and some milk so that we could have a cuppa before going to get our own supplies. Ideally located for the Arena where we went in the evening. Would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2016
Charlotte
"Good spacious hotel"
Good room large and comfortable apartment .Bit confusing on check in left to find apartment found it difficult to gain entry .
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2015
"Very nice hotel,"
Great place right next to concert hall, could not be better as i had travelled up for Status Quo concert
Other trip Jan 15, 2016
Tony
"Perfect location for concerts"
Stayed here when going to the Madoona concert, location perfect right across the street from the arena. The staff were great, lady at front desk professional, friendly and efficient. The apartment was spotlessly clean, modern, very spacious and well equipped. Fantastic value for money.
Other trip Jan 15, 2016
julia
"Perfect location for great value for money"
Was only staying for the night.. But this apartment is definitely somewhere I would stay if staying longer.. The service is great! Breakfast was delivered the night before and the apartment itself is very nice, modern and well kept! It's also only a short walk from many local attractions like Broad street, Brindley Place, sealife centre! Definitely recommend this! Great value for money. Also plenty parking on surrounding roads
Response by City Nites
Dear Sandy, Thank you very much for your excellent comments. We are very glad to know that you were extremely satisfied with our service as well as for the quality of our rooms and perfect location. Please, let us know when you plan to stay with us again and I'll be extremely happy to welcome you and make sure that you have another beautiful experience at City Nites Birmingham. Best regards.
1 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2016
Sandy
"Would definately stay again"
Had a two night stay over New Years ideally situated with close access walking distance to the city centre of the few apartments I have stayed at within the city centre this one is by far the best in terms of layout
Response by City Nites
Dear Mr/Mrs, Thank you very much for your comments on City Nites Birmingham. Thank you so much for highlighting all our strenghts. It is true that the location is ideal, few steps from Barclays Arena, 5 minutes walk from Brindley place, 10 minutes walk from the center. Thank you very much for highlighting the layout of our apartments. We will be glad to welcome you again in the near future. Please, let me know and I'll make sure that you have another excellent experience. Have a nice day. Sincerely,
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
"Not what it says on the tin"
Not great at all. The bed was old and multiple slats were broken, the mattress was so old you could feel the springs. Not something you need when you're on a break! Rooms not cleaned to any sort of standard, under bed/sofa had just been lazily forgotten about. No cleaning products eg. Dustpan and brush. No cleaning service. No spare bin bags. Tiny TV, disgusting curtains. AVOID!
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
The night staff Suraj was sooooper good, our original rooms toilet was not working, he looked after us and immediately changed our room which was a lot better than the original..
4 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
"Great apartment in very convenient location"
Excellent apartment very close to Brindley Place with its lovely canal walks and vibrant nightlife. Parking arrangements and reception a little difficult to work out at first - you need to park underneath complex and then walk out of car park and up the road to find reception - but apartment spacious and well-equipped and much better value than nearby hotels. Only slight downside is both rooms have double beds so if you have older children who don't want to share bed you have to pay for extra rollaway bed. All in all happy to recommend.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Jonathan
"Excellent place to stay"
+very nice place to stay everything you need and clean - feels homely - electric cooker isn't the best for cooking but gets the job done
Response by City Nites
Dear Aneil, Thank you very for your comments regarding your stay in City nites Birmingham. Thank you very much for highlighting the quality of our apartments as well as the cleanliness, I'll pass your comments to our housekeeping manager. We will be glad to welcome you in the near future, please let know whenever you planning to stay with us and I'll make sure that you enjoy another excellent experience. Best regards.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
Aneil
"Great location for concerts"
Booked there for a couple of nights to tie in with a concert. Very close to the arena and eating places, bit of a walk into town which was OK. Clean room, friendly staff, my only negative comment would be that the bed wasn't very comfortable, otherwise great value for money.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
NZ
"Ideal location for a city break"
Absolutely ideal! We stayed here after seeing Madonna ad the NIA rather than travel home late....what a great idea, the location is perfect, the apartments excellent, well equipped, secure, clean and plenty of secure parking and much cheaper than a hotel with none of the constraints.
Colin
"Friendly staff, great value"
Very friendly and helpful staff Location was perfect, we had tickets for the Barclay card arena, literally across the road (1min).Great value Would stay there again:-)
"NIA convenience"
Went to concert at NIA, so couldn't have been more convenient. Loads of space in the apartment, but didn't have time to take advantage. Not somewhere I would stay normally as it's not very attractive, but perfect location.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Staff were friendly and helpful, apartment really close to city centre 5 mins walk from Board Street and 2 minutes from Barclaycard arena. Apartment clean and tidy very good value for money. Shower was great very powerful.
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our excellent location, quality of service and cleanliness. I'm very sorry to hear that the bed didn't reach your expectations. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Naomi
"A great stay"
Very impressed with facilities, however there needs to be more items to cook with (i.e baking trays / saucepans) beds were comfy and room was well presented l.
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our facilities and sleeping quality. I'm very sorry to hear that the kitchen was not having all the necessary items to fulfill your expectations. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
Rebecca
Perfect for our concert at the Barclaycard Arena
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our excellent location just in front of Barclay's Arena. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Really nice apt, near to new st station and bull ring. Very well fitted out, bedrooms were lovely. We were 2 adults and 2 children, beds were doubles so a bit of trauma with children sharing a bed, but for a night we coped!
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Kate
Great location for Brindley Place and ideal for groups.
Response by City Nites
Dear Valuable guest, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay as well as for our excellent location. We will be honored to have you back again at City Nites Birmingham and serve you in the best way we can. Thank you once again for your input on our property. We wish to welcome you again in the nearest future. Please let me know when you reserve with us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you have a wonderful experience. Please accept my best regards
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
"Spot on stay in good location"
The concept of apartments is preferable to a small hotel room and we had a reasonable deal so a lot of space for the money. Apartment well equipped, a little tired however considering the amount of use it gets not so bad. Lovely, comfy bed with crisp clean linen and towels. Hotel reception staff extremely friendly and efficient. Parking available. Would be handy if the large print mentioned ID and price of refundable deposit (by card) luckily I had both. Overall a good stay and literally over road from Barclaycard Arena. Close to shops bars and restaurants at the lovely canal side / Brindley Place and Sea Life Centre.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
"Expensive disappointed"
Very disappointed about the apartment as I expected it to be more luxurious for the cost, I found it all very basic. We had the most appalling sleep as there was a 21st party/rave happening in the room below us, finally at half past 2am I had had enough to and called down to security who at around 3am called the police, it all seemed to quiet down around 3:30am!! So a greats night sleep on what was suppose to be a relaxing night away from young children was not had! Also the breakfast that I paid extra for is not worth a penny, they gave us out of date yoghurts and the bagels were as hard as rocks. We travelled an awful long way to stay in this hotel and this has been a birthday treat for my fiancé and it really didn't feel like a treat at all. Incredible disappointed for the price, may as well have been in a premier inn, plus they would have totally refunded me the price of my room if I'd had a disturbed night like we had, unfortunately the same can't be said about City Nites who wouldn't offer me a refund. Wouldn't recommend and would never stay in again!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"Just awful"
This is based on the fact that on the first night, i discovered as a result of feeling a bit cold that my pyjamas were damp ; I got up and examined the bed, when I removed the bedsheet I discovered that the mattress was soaking wet (so you can guess what I had been lying in). I phoned reception and complained, they said 'your lucky theres a spare room!" and found me the one spare room they had which had a single bed (twin beds). The room was cold and I then had to take a shower after having discovered what I had been laying in, so got to bed about 1.00 am. I complained again in the morning and they said they would raise it with the management. second evening whilst I did not want to spend another night there I had no choice as this was a business trip and it was already paid in advanced, so i went back and asked what had happened. I spoke to Karen the Manager, she said it would be raised with the General Manager. They offered to refund a night’s stay but this would be difficult as it was paid for through Expedia and also they needed to know how much had been paid , I said I did not know. Karen asked what else they could do, so I suggested waving charges for breakfast (about £15 for two days ) and also not charging for dinner. I had a meal on the house (not that I particularly wanted to eat there) at a cost of about £20. The impact of the first night was significant and set the tone for the complete stay there.
Response by City Nites
Dear Stephan, Warm greetings from City Nites Birmingham. Thank you very much for your comments. However, I regret to inform you that you might mistaken on the property where you stayed as first of all, we are not serving dinners in our property. Kindly inform you that any of our staff or managers is called Karen so I believe that must confused our property with another property where you stayed in November 2015. Please, if you wish to stay with us in the future, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll glad to welcome you and introduce you our beautiful apartments. I wish you a fantastic 2016. Best regards
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
Stephan
"Great location."
Lovely 2-bed apartment but quite small communal area for 4 people. Also curfew for noise is 11 which is a little early for weekends in a "party" town. However will stay here again for sure for location alone.
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015