All hotels in Ashton-under-Lyne, England, United Kingdom
Pamir Drive, Ashton-under-Lyne, England, OL7 0PG, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Family Evening Away"
Took my wife and 2 kids (4 and 1) for a quick night away whilst on business. Hotel was just fine - great Gym and swimming pool. My eldest was keen to use the pool but kids have to be out by 530pm and as we only arrived at 5pm we only got half an hour. She was back in the next day (allowed from 9am). Good facilities, bard food fine.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Neil Mac
"great value"
really good, terrific value, good breakfast and friendly and helpful staff
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
pherbert
"Disappointing all round - terrible night's sleep"
I stayed during the recent heat wave. The air con in the room did not work making the room stifling, I opened the window to get some air, but the noise from the nearby motorway kept me awake. The bed only had a big thick duvet, so I asked reception for a sheet and a desk fan. They were unable to help with either - and didn't seem at all bothered about my discomfort. The beds are not king size - they are two singles pushed together making them very uncomfortable at the join. Finally, unless you are a big sports fan, don't even bother with the TV - only 5 terrestrial channels, not even freeview channels available. Will not be returning to this over-promising, under-delivering hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Evie75
Great stay here again , wonderful staff throughout , especially reception and the breakfast "crew"
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Very high quality rooms. Location was a bit boring but convenient for motorway. Breakfast was average but service and staff was great.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Very Good hotel.Reception staff very good, room good, fitness facilities great.Only down side and but very miner, bar food could be a better choice.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
TDL
"Convenient Hotel!"
Nice size room with a comfortable bed. Some of the surfaces hadn't been cleaned. Also found a deodorant under the bed. Wasn't impressed with the noise of the hen night underneath our bedroom.
Jules
"Awesome Service"
Well what a find this hotel was. Stayed here for 3 nights and was initially impressed by the front of house staff who were absolutely charming. They were a very young team but certainly did not lack in customer service skills being efficient, friendly and genuinely interested in helping you have a brilliant stay. The rooms were of a good size and the beds were very comfortable. We have stayed in hotels 4 times the price of this and the team here could show them a thing or two. The location is a little way out of the city centre but it is literally 200m away from a direct tram into the city. There is also a number of restaurants and a multiplex a short walk away. The breakfast was also brilliant with a good range of quality food. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
Phil White
"Nice rooms"
Nice rooms but pub culture of the rest of the hotel was not what suits us.Very dark everywhere. Functional but nor somewhere you look forward to staying at.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
PC1
"nice hotel near basic amenities"
very relaxing stay. staff very helpful. rooms are quiet.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nice close to the transport network and food court"
Comfortable , pleasant staff, fresh food, also enjoyed the leisure facilities and clean rooms
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Tsitsi
"Brilliant Experience from Start to Finish"
I booked a weekend at the hotel as a getaway with my girlfriend. When we arrived to check in we were offered to upgrade to an upper deck room, for 15 pounds a night and it was completely worth it, the bed was incredible. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Ben
"family room while visiting relatives"
Even though we stayed during the world cup opening ceremony andsubsequent games, we wer not disturbed in our rooms by any noise.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Really nice hotel"
Really nice rooms cleans and spacious, good selection at breakfast, everything you could need, also good gym and nice swimming pool
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Great Hotel a bit far from town"
Really good hotel a bit pricey and too far from town but if you are driving its ok. Restaurants and local leisure park a bit limited with its food Nando's etc but ok for a night or two.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
"Great for Etihad Campus"
Nice hotel, great facilities, pool area very nice. Very close to the Tram to get to Etihad Campus, and great on way back since majority of people are in Q for Man City Centre. Would stay there again if seeing anything at Etihad.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Rebecca
"One direction weekend"
Some where to stay while family were seeing One Direction at Ethiad Stadium. Easy to get to stadium. Looking forward to using your other UK hotels in the near future. Perfect, shame we did not have time to use the facilities. Breakfast was excellent. Nice to have a runny egg and not a rubbery one.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
ungt dansk ægte
"Dark rooms great for good night sleep"
Enjoyed it... Was bit disappointed there wasn't a verve restaurant on site but really thought it was a good place
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Lovely Hotel with good transport links to centre."
Great hotel with spacious rooms. You either get a shower or a bath though so may need to specify if you prefer one or the other. Only things I would say that need improving are the room service finishes at 10pm. We found this rather early although the reception staff were very helpful and got us a pizza brought in. I would also say don't let things slip in the rooms, we have stayed here on numerous occasions. This is the first time I notice the rooms becoming slightly shabby eg there was mould on the sealant in the shower (we stayed in room 317) There is a tram that passes the Etihad stadium (which was the reason for our visit) and takes you straight to the centre from a stop around 5 mins walk away. Hotel has a lovely pool, restaurant and bar. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. We will definitely be staying again in the future.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Caroline Andrew
"Fantastic hotel"
Brilliant service, breakfast and leisure facilities. Rooms were modern and there was free wifi. Little bit out of city centre but the jacuzzi, gym and steam rooms with free breakfast more than made up for this. Great value and would go back again!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Darryl
Overall, I was very impressed, because I arrived late I just about managed to order from room service, not a huge choice on the menu but it was tasty. The upper deck room was fantastic, huge comfy bed, and very quiet. I will definitely stay again.
1 night business trip May 7, 2014
Gill
"Two night break to watch football"
Excellent in every way. Easy parking, lovely rooms, fantastic swimming pool & spa etc. great breakfast. All on a industrial estate with huge cinema, bowling, nandos, harvester, Frankie & Bennies, Mexican and Chinese. Tram stop outside allowing u to get across the city easily n cheaply. The only disadvantage was no bath - however a lovely shower. Would stay there again for sure.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Angie
"To visit family"
Upgraded to upper deck later check should be included not extra charge .
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
dizzy1960
Great hotel at a great price
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
"A good hotel in a convenient location"
We've stayed here a few times and like it. The staff are friendly and the hotel is always busy.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Ali
Hotel fine but finding it was a nightmare especially when website postcode isn't correct, in fact doesn't exist! . Staff know problem with postcode so why doesn't it get amended?
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Ray
"very nice hotel"
I cannot fault the hotel or the rooms. The family room was really nice & spacious. P A really new & modern hotel. We arrived with our hungry children but was unable to get a table in both the restaurant or the bar because they were busy & full. We had to go out for food and the neighbourhood isn't the nicest place. We also wanted to take our children swimming at the hotel which is why we booked a hotel with a pool but it's was like the restaurants very busy and full and was told the pool is open at 9am the following morning but there will be swimming lessons on. I think the hotel is open to the public as well and this is why it was so busy as I saw people coming and going with their gym bags. Not sure we would stay again however I have rated this hotel a 4 because it is very nice, clean & the rooms were faultless.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2014
leighsa
"Clean and comfy"
Recommend this hotel for anyone who wants free parking, lots of breakfasts options a comfortable bed, clean room and helpful staff. A bonus was being able to use the swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, steam room and gym. It's a 5 minute walk away from the tram and took about 20-30 minutes by tram to the city centre. Great to have the option of a cooked breakfast or pastries or cereal or fruit or granola or toast or a bit of everything!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Excellent!"
We stayed on 08.03.14 for a birthday night away for my husband, the hotel was excellent in all aspects, couldn't fault it at all! We didn't unfortunately use the spa facilities so can't comment on that! Now the Metro runs past the door it is also handy for Manchester city centre!
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Grandmarose
"Reasonably Priced"
This was a reasonably priced hotel when we stayed here whilst attending a family wedding, the reception being held at the hotel. The rooms were a good size and nice and clean and tidy, only complaint would be that there was no full-length wardrobe or drawer space which may be fine if your on business, but when attending a wedding with all that goes with it, suits, dresses, etc. then some full-length hanging space would have been good. This is only a little gripe as everything else at the hotel was satisfactory, food, service etc., and all for a very reasonable price. We didn't get the opportunity to use the hotel amenities such as the swimming pool, but we did take a look and they looked excellent. One other little gripe is that the health club is very popular and the people who attend use up the car parking spaces nearest to the hotel reception and there also appears to be no separate entrance for the health club, so Saturday morning we came down to breakfast to find the reception area full of people in their lycra changing into their running shoes! I don't personally don't think that this acceptable, but others may not have a problem with this.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Holty
"Modern hotel with good facilities"
I stayed for 2 nights. The staff were friendly but efficient. The hotel was busy as there is a bar, Costa coffee, restaurant and health club all open to non residents on the ground floor, but noise was not an issue in the bedroom. Clean and well cared for hotel.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Annie
Like most Village hotels, the leisure facilities are great with a decent size pool and full fitness suite and classes etc. The staff were vary helpful. I was up working until 3am and the night staff were more than happy to get me a coffee etc. The wifi is excellent and there is a wide variety of food available in the onsite vistory pub or restaurant. The hotel is on a leisure/retail park so there are plenty of other places to eat nearby (all the major food chains and a cinema and other pubs etc). The only downside for me is that the rooms only have showers and I prefer the option of a bath but that seems a petty reason to quibble. Like all village hotels, the pricing is variable- when I stayed the rate was great and there are no hidden extras (they always include breakfast/full wifi access and free parking) . Highly recommended for those who dont need to be in the centre of Manchester or are willing to jump on the tram -as I did.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2014
PC
"Ashton urban village"
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff, good breakfast choice, mid- sized clean rooms with great facilities and decent beds and pillows. Quiet at night but with limited traffic noise. Good shopping (M&S and Sainsburys) within 10 minutes. Located on utterly soulless business and leisure park but easy to get to local independent bars, pubs and restaurants and only 15 minutes from central Manchester by car or taxi. Very reasonably priced for quality and surrounded by high quality competition
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Loz
"Excellent all round"
We went for a one night break between Christmas and New Year with our two young girls and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The room was very spacious even though it had a huge double bed and two singles in there for the girls. It felt far from cramped. The swimming pool was a really good size as a pool is always a bonus when staying in a hotel with our girls, the one criticism was that children were only allowed in at certain times. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my friends and we will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Overall; great"
Everything was in far better condition than what we expected. The rooms were wonderful, and the facilities were amazing. We especially enjoyed the spa section with the pool and sauna. The one thing that made it fall below 100% is the fact that nowhere on the information for the in-hotel restaurant did it say that they had a very reduced menu on Sundays. This threw us for the rest of our Sunday evening. Other than that the hotel was brilliant.
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Lady lady
"Great for the price"
Stayed 2 nights over Xmas. The hotel looks stylish but you can tell they normally have a lot of hen parties and groups like that because the decor in the rooms is a little tired looking. Check in was great, staff so friendly, ESP for someone working Xmas and Boxing Day.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
lorraine
"Good hotel"
This Village hotel is one I like to stay at because it always provides good service, and has a great reputation. The rooms are consistently good, and well fitted out. The spa is excellent. And the Upper deck is definitely worth the extra money !
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
PBambridge
"Weekend Away"
We had a brilliant stay at the Villiage hotel. The staff were very proffessional and polite. Any issues or concerns we had were dealt with immediately. The bar staff in the pub are a great laugh - especially James! The hotel was very clean and inviting. The room itself was spotless, a good size with a very comfy bed. Oh and the shower was amazing!!! We enjoyed our stay that much that we are looking to return in a few weeks
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Cat
Had a really nice stay again,rooms were really nice n staff was friendly
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"A Great place to stay"
Have stay here a number of times clean ,friendly, and a great breakfast into the bargain
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
david
"Generic hotel with slow service in the restaurant"
I have stayed in a Village Hotel before, in Farnborough, and found that the Manchester Hotel is literally an exact copy in every way. The hotel itself is alright, the bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was clean however for the cost of £120 per night (which is expensive in my view), there isn't even a bath in the room unless you are willing to pay even more! And the service in the restaurant (in both the Farnborough and Manchester Village) is extremely slow. On both visits, the service in the restaurant has taken over an hour and a half. For the stay in Manchester, we sat in the restaurant for nearly 2 hours and we only had a main course! For a hotel that seems to focus on corporate business, it isn't really of interest for delegates to spend the majority of their night sitting alone/socialising with colleagues having to wait to be served dinner in the restaurant.
2 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
Hotel is very good, plenty to do, nice food & beer, sky sports in bar and in your room which is a big plus, only thing I could fault is the noise in your room from motorway / roads, when I walked into my room I thought the cleaners had left the windows open as the traffic noise was quite loud, but they were shut, hotel should get some proper double glazing or triple glazing as, apart from that everything else was fine.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Me
"beautiful hotel"
Hotel itself was beautiful. The room was a bit disappointing it was small and couldnt believe it didnt even have freeview. Staff were fantastic friendly and welcoming.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
karen
"Good hotel"
Was great, used the Hotel Gym, pool, restaurant and took advantage of late check out!! Only only issue was the wedding set up......because wedding was in front restaurant the guest massively overflowed to the lobby, lots of kids running around (one spilt my drink running over the table my drink was on) would have been better in separate conference suite away from other Hotel Guests as I felt I was gate crashing a wedding
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Jen
We booked the hotel for a special occasion & a visit to Manchester United. The hotel was of excellent standard & we was surprised how cheap the hotel was for the cleanliness, modern, & friendly hotel. Would recommend this hotel to any of my friends & family. Staff were very friendly & helpful especially Louise on reception.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Clare
"All you could want"
I was very impressed with this hotel. Pros: Excellent facilities, including free luxurious gym/ swimming pool and sauna etc; vast and delicious breakfast choice; friendly staff; modern, clean and nicely decorated. Any cons were so small they're not worth mentioning.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Modern good hotel"
Visited for the weekend while working at a local wedding fair. This hotel was in a perfect location with direct easy access even though the show was the other side of the city the journey was easy and quick, also surrounded by lots of restaurants and general things to do in the evening. The hotel had brilliant fertility's offering a really good breakfast choice that was inclusive. The style is modern and desirable as well as being clean and well presented by friendly helpful staff.
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
Chris strange
"not the nicest place in the world but great staff"
Hotel was good , nice wet room ,clean and comfortable .The staff were very helpful and pleasant .The hotel was located in a busy and built up area being urban you feel the lack of green areas. Behind the hotel there is actually a nice green area surrounding a landscaped pond unfortunately this is fenced off which is a shame as it would be nice area to be able to relax in .The hotel staff were excellent and the staff at breakfast were amazingly efficient and attentive , I have never stayed in a hotel before with such a good breakfast team.Well done to them ! Some of the guests left a lot to be desired and the early morning saw 7 police cars attend after some wedding guests decided to have a boxing match in the car park but that is not the fault of the hotel to be fair.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Loved it."
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Barretts
"Lovely Place To Stay"
The Village Hotel is a lovely, modern and well kept hotel.The facilities are great and staff are helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The location is fine for car travel but not close to public transport (although a tram line is currently being built). We stayed there for a wedding reception and loved it, the staff couldn't do enough. Great.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013