All hotels in Ashton-under-Lyne, England, United Kingdom
Pamir Drive, Ashton-under-Lyne, England, OL7 0PG, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
    Awesome vibe

"Lovely Hotel"
We stayed there with two young children. The family room was really nice and the kids enjoyed the pool. Lovely breakfast too.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
TKB
"nothing special at that hotel"
lift was not working! we have to carry the baggage to the second floor the breakfast was not up to the standard nothing fresh! nothing special at that hotel!!
Response by Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that our lift was out of order that particular evening, this was rectified as soon as we reported. We do hope this wont prevent you from returning. Kind Regards Sean Burns
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Pleasure, Pleasure, and more pleasure."
We came to Ashton for a naming day. My wife and I enjoyed the hotel and service from checking in. Its our second visit and we will be back. Thankyou Village for making our stay so enjoyable.
Response by Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Dear Michael, Thank you for your review. Great to read you and your wife enjoyed your stay, we do hope you will come back to us in the near future. Kind Regards Sean Burns
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Good for business trips"
Ticks a lot of boxes. Nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Great stay, highly recommend!"
Excellent modern hotel. Great value weekend stay with great staff that couldn't do enough for you. Pool & gym a great bonus too!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Excellent!"
I really enjoyed my stay here, the rooms were immaculate! There was so much choice for breakfast which was lovely and had the cavery for dinner (again lots of choice) which was beautiful. I am gluten free and i felt the staff went out of their way to accomodate me. All the staff were so friendly and helpful, i would definately love to stay here again!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
lauren
"Should have stayed somewhere else."
I booked the 'upper deck' which was £20 more. When I got there, I was told that it was full, and I would have to have a standard room, with a £20 credit at the bar. At £4 a pint, it didn't go far! I also saw on the web-site that I could check-in at 2pm. This was wrong, and was 3pm. I was on an anniversary break with my wife, and we had to go out with our luggage, and check-in again at 5pm. Gemma, in reception was excellent, with a great manner. She advised us that an 'UPPER DECK' room had become free, and we could have it I have tried to complain to Hotels.com about our arrival, but the e-mail on 'contact us' is not working. The breakfast was nowhere near the same standard as it was last time I stayed, about 2 years ago. Juice warm, most food luke warm. Won't stay again. Luckily, we ate etc. outside the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
G
"Second chance at customer service"
Absolute nightmare, second year on the trot for a weekend away with friends. The staff fail to call us in for brekky and then tell us they are closed ! For the second year on the trot ! Does lightening strike In The same spot twice, or had village Ashton not train their staff properly, ever! Year in year out?!!!!
Response by Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Dear Guest, Sorry for the issue experienced, i have passed this back to the Verve Breakfast manager, please do let us know if you stay again and we will ensure your stay is a better one. Kind Regards Sean Burns
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
betty chan
"Room service menu is a joke!"
Excellent hotel, clean and comfortable. The room service menu is probably the worst I've ever seen. A packet of Skittles!!! I would expect that in an ultra cheap budget hotel, not one costing over a hundred pounds a night.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"Trip to Manchester for business"
I chose this hotel because I had stayed in a Village hotel before and was keen to use the pool after a long days' work. Was really disappointed when was told that the pool was closed for maintenance. When I raised the subject with reception I received a lukewarm apology and no attempt of recompensation. Overall I find this hotel pricey but it is worth it if you can use the pool and sauna facilities.
Response by Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Dear Guest, I am very sorry for our pool closure during your visit and the way it was dealt with, i have fed this back to the reception manager who will follow up. We hope you will return again soon and are able to use our fantastic leisure facilities. Kind Regards Sean Burns
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"NEEDS TO DO BETTER"
One of these dingy-lit style dark décor places that can hide old furniture in the gloom. Rooms OK but detailing was awful. TV not working on arrival and someone had to come up and refresh/turn on Sky Box... not good when your arrive after a long journey. Morning was the worst, however.... got into shower to discover the shower jell dispenser was empty. You expect these things to be checked. Girls serving breakfast didn't greet or smile and were quite rude in the way they asked guests to queue. I don't blame them, I blame the management for not monitoring/ seemingly not training them. Breakfast was low standard... food cold complete with a hair or two in the bacon. Serving tops were dirty. I really don't expect this when paying £150 for 'Upper Deck' room.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Geoff
"Loved my stay"
Absolutely loved this hotel and have had an amazing time. Loved the fact there was nearly everything I wanted under one roof whilst on a weekend break with friends.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
Azra
"lovely hotel, perfect for relaxing weekend away"
the hotel staff were friendly and approachable, lovely location, perfect faciliaties brillant themed nights and meeting rooms
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"good value"
upper deck worth the extra....
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice hitel"
Very nice weekend visiting family, have used this hotel quite a lot and will be using it again in the future
Response by Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Dear Guest, Great to read you will be returning in the future. Kind Regards Sean Burns
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
sheena
"Nice stay for business"
Good friendly staff not quick to respond to queries but would use again
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Martin
"Not impressed!"
Dirty underwear found in room. Sky movies promised but not working in room. Dirty kettle and mugs. Dirty sheets. Receptionist lovely though.
Response by Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Dear Guest, I am very sorry to hear of this issue. I have passed the feedback on to our housekeeping team. This is not to our usual standards. Kind Regards Sean Burns
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Hus
"NOT IMPRESSED!!!"
The room was in a disgusting state. Dirty water in kettle and mugs. Stains on the bed sheets. When asked for a new sheet, I had to change myself. Dirty underwear found next to the bed. Damaged handwash in bathroom. The TV was distorted and no sky movies as promissed. Reception said I had breakfast, when went for it they said I didn't have it. Not impressed with my stay!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Hus
"Clean, good value and modern."
Good clean hotel. Room design is nice, but contemporary - so not particularly functional (clothes hanging area is in the room, not a wardrobe. Only place to use the kettle is on the desk) Food was fine and the restaurant staff were nice. Overall, good value for money.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
stephen
"Excellent value, great place to stay"
Stayed here for a work visit to the Etihad. Very impressed. Lovely room, fantastic gym. Great location next to Ashton Moss leisure complex. Will definitely stay again.
"just one night"
Arrived and confronted by a xmas tree on the 2nd november NOT HAPPY! too early. But that soon passed as we were booked in by a lovely lady, arranged for breakfast and went to our room, a little dark is the only negative, the plus sides are many, very spacious comfortable bed tea and coffee facilities with a kettle that boiled quickly, clean and tidy! didnt eat in at night but had the best breakfast we have ever had in a hotel!! all cooked fresh not dripping in oil or fat, as I have coeliac disease i asked for some toast which was no problem for them and a mug of tea, not a tiny cup, great! all in all very happy
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Adrian
"Dissappointed, Hotel not as good as you think"
AC is noisey all night!!, Freeview TV quality very poor!! And pillow were no good!! Upperdeck is better, but essentials you would expect to be on good quality!!
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"BRILLIANT"
Brilliant hotel, lovely staff and awesome breakfast. Only fault was room heating was very slow at heating up the room. Brilliant pool too.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Superb stay, clean rooms, great staff"
An excellent and highly recommended hotel, with great facilities abd friendly staff. Ample amenities nearby including eateries and a cinema. Five stars for a great enjoyable stay!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Very good."
Nice new hotel. Good facilities. Varying prices per night a bit of a night mare do had to move on.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Amazing hotel and great value"
Stayed at the Village in Ashton and had an amazing time. The staff couldn't do more to help, also having a Starbucks in the hotel is always a bonus for a morning coffee. Would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Stacey
"Football weekend"
This hotel is perfect if visiting the Etihad the tram stop is a 5 minute walk and tram stops right at he Etihad after the game the majority of people are going into Manchester but we were heading in the opposite direction to Ashton.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Gaz
"Very nice"
A very nice and clean hotel, with an in-house Starbucks, restaurant and bar, complimentary use of decent sized gym and swimming pool. Free car parking, close to other restaurants, cinema, bowling, supermarket, IKEA and only 20 minutes to City Centre. All in all an enjoyable stay at a very reasonable price.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Lovely welcoming hotel, with lots to do."
Stayed here twice, both times everything as been to perfection.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
kayla
"Nice hotel but felt understaffed"
only thing that let the service down was the breakfast service in the morning. Not enough staff to keep glasses etc stocked up. We placed a special order for a kipper and it was forgotten completely, and we had to find someone to remind them 15 minutes later.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Urban village hotel first class"
Excellent hotel food good and staff freindly and trams into manchester brillant would recommend
3 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Hugh
"good"
ok for business purposes, room, service, amenities all good
4 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Good business hotel"
Good hotel, well located for Ashton.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
P Bambridge
"Good hotel out of town"
Village urban is a reasonable offer and certainly good value which included breakfast. This location is out of town but very close to good transport links.
3 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Adrian
"Excellent Hotel BUT poor TV"
This hotel ticks every box for working away, however the one really bad point is the TV. (If your working away from home regularly you need a decent tv)The available channels are not good, very focused towards sport! also the reception is very very poor, its like watching TV from the olden days...Other than this, its excellent
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
S Robinson
"Nice hotel with all desired facilities in house"
Excellent experience. They should start a reward card. I have used up to 5 different hotels in the chain. Recognition and reward should enhance their business
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Aba
Bar food arrived cold. Dials for the lights next to the bed made buzzing noise. At night you can hear noise from either ventilation or water pipes, aircon was switched off. Hotel atmosphere is "cold"; it was not cozy, uncomfortable, didn't feel like home so to speak.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
ak-47
"Village Ashton under Lyne"
First impression looks good BUT .. My room was over the disco so no chance of sleep until it finished at 1 am. No wardrobe in room, just a half drop rail. No mini bar or bath. Drinks in bar expensive. Worst hotel experience I have had for the price. Wouldn't use a Village Hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"what, no biscuits?"
Although this 'leasure' hotel is not located within 'reasonable' walking distance from the nearest town it is only a short walk to the Entertainment Park opposite which includes Bowling, Cinema and theme restaurants Nando's etc. The Hotel is relatively new and the rooms and reception areas are all modern and contemporarily decorated. The staff where helpful and pleasant and we had a 'service' call from reception after checking in to make sure everything was ok. The Bar and Restaurant areas were clean and well maintained ie, as quests finished with plates and utensils the staff quickly removed them and cleaned up any mess, resetting the table for the next guests. I only had breakfast but the serve yourself buffet style was fine everything was well stocked and where needed hot. The only complaints I have is the lack of storage for small clothing items as there where no drawers or appropriate shelve. Hangers above the 'bag storage' shelf to the side of the bed were not appropriate for long dresses as an example, also no biscuits with the tea and coffee making facilities. I would recommend this if you had a business trip or wedding etc but for a longer stay the room needs more storage.
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
number7
"Good Family Evening Away"
Took my wife and 2 kids (4 and 1) for a quick night away whilst on business. Hotel was just fine - great Gym and swimming pool. My eldest was keen to use the pool but kids have to be out by 530pm and as we only arrived at 5pm we only got half an hour. She was back in the next day (allowed from 9am). Good facilities, bard food fine.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Neil Mac
"great value"
really good, terrific value, good breakfast and friendly and helpful staff
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
pherbert
"Disappointing all round - terrible night's sleep"
I stayed during the recent heat wave. The air con in the room did not work making the room stifling, I opened the window to get some air, but the noise from the nearby motorway kept me awake. The bed only had a big thick duvet, so I asked reception for a sheet and a desk fan. They were unable to help with either - and didn't seem at all bothered about my discomfort. The beds are not king size - they are two singles pushed together making them very uncomfortable at the join. Finally, unless you are a big sports fan, don't even bother with the TV - only 5 terrestrial channels, not even freeview channels available. Will not be returning to this over-promising, under-delivering hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Evie75
Great stay here again , wonderful staff throughout , especially reception and the breakfast "crew"
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Very high quality rooms. Location was a bit boring but convenient for motorway. Breakfast was average but service and staff was great.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Very Good hotel.Reception staff very good, room good, fitness facilities great.Only down side and but very miner, bar food could be a better choice.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
TDL
"Convenient Hotel!"
Nice size room with a comfortable bed. Some of the surfaces hadn't been cleaned. Also found a deodorant under the bed. Wasn't impressed with the noise of the hen night underneath our bedroom.
Jules
"Awesome Service"
Well what a find this hotel was. Stayed here for 3 nights and was initially impressed by the front of house staff who were absolutely charming. They were a very young team but certainly did not lack in customer service skills being efficient, friendly and genuinely interested in helping you have a brilliant stay. The rooms were of a good size and the beds were very comfortable. We have stayed in hotels 4 times the price of this and the team here could show them a thing or two. The location is a little way out of the city centre but it is literally 200m away from a direct tram into the city. There is also a number of restaurants and a multiplex a short walk away. The breakfast was also brilliant with a good range of quality food. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
Phil White
"Nice rooms"
Nice rooms but pub culture of the rest of the hotel was not what suits us.Very dark everywhere. Functional but nor somewhere you look forward to staying at.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
PC1
"nice hotel near basic amenities"
very relaxing stay. staff very helpful. rooms are quiet.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nice close to the transport network and food court"
Comfortable , pleasant staff, fresh food, also enjoyed the leisure facilities and clean rooms
Other trip Jun 30, 2014